Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Flashbacks sure would have helped. This is the same gal who originally played Val, no?

No, this actress is neither of the two women who previously played Valerie. You are right, this added to the problem since you can't revisit old scenes of Valerie and Julie.

1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Happytobehere, Hope is also sort of Julie's stepdaughter since her dad is kinda married to her sister and it is very confusing. I ff'd her and Rafe.

i am not sure I care that Valerie's son is now coming and his dad is dearly departed and didn't know about him. At this point, does anyone need to know?

I know Julie is Hope's stepmother, no sort of about it (in fact, Hope's money is really Julie's money since it was Julie's father's money that Addie inherited upon his death that was left to Hope Doug was Julie's boyfriend first, but he left her so he could get with Addie and the money and returned to Julie after Addie's death, but the show doesn't want people to remember that Doug wasn't always a good person, and is basically a a kept man).  That's why I mentioned David being her stepbrother, as well as nephew.  However, based on Hope's reaction, if you didn't know the backstory, you would think that David was just some random who she is in no way shape or form connected to.

I've watched the show for years, but I have forgotten a lot of people. I think I started sometime in the 80s but missed a few years.

Hope seemed to care about getting it on with Rafe. She hasn't been around a dude for a bit, prison and all.

On 2/17/2017 at 8:59 AM, DisneyBoy said:

I'm also a little confused about the way St Luke's suddenly rematerialized in November. I had assumed it would be for the Brady/Theresa wedding or possibly for a Caroline funeral, but in the end they only used it for a few random scenes of Theresa in church with Shane and with JJ - which seemed completely forced and easily could have taken place anywhere else in town - and then used for the non-event that was Lucas's wedding to Adrienne - which practically no one attended and easily could have been held somewhere else as well. By comparison, the Kayla/Steve wedding was much larger and probably would have benefited from taking place at the church instead of a small bar.

...I just get the sense that something happened behind-the-scenes because I can't think of a good reason why the church had to be there in November...

I don't know why it reappeared in November -- Steve and Kayla actually got engaged in St. Luke's while preparing for Adrienne's wedding, too -- but they used the set for the Prague masquerade ball, so maybe they didn't want it to be St. Luke's again so soon.

The setting of the wedding made me a little nostalgic... back in the day, S&K were supposed to get married on short notice in the old fish market of all places, before Steve surprised her with the yacht wedding.  Kayla was a-ok with it, she just wanted to be married to Steve.  So there was something full-circle-ish about it.

15 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I hate how many people get shot/gravely injured under Dena's pen with no lasting consequences...JJ, Steve, Chloe, Hope...

Joey was shot last summer too, and I don't think we ever heard about it again. 

8 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Another poster mentioned this but it would be nice to see a Stefanie and Chloe confrontation.  Stefanie owes Chloe a huge face to face apology and it would tie in nice with what is going on with Chloe and Nicole at the moment.  Stefanie basically got off scott free with Caroline taking the brunt of the responsibility, which basically amounted to a lame apology to Daniel that was accepted within five minutes.  Chloe didn't even get an apology from Caroline.  It would be a nice full circle moment between them.

I should probably take this to another thread, but I'm so confused by what the final story was, between Stephanie, her hacker friend, and Caroline tampering with the results back and forth.  It would have been nice to see her interact with Chloe but I thought her consequence was losing Nathan before she left town... but maybe that was some other lie she was caught in.  I can't remember!  Anyway, I grew to really enjoy Shelley during her run, so I loved this recent visit.  But it would be great to see her involved in story again.  The Chloe connection is one of the last ones on canvas for her, with so many others gone.  They would have to throw her in with Abby/Gabby/Chad if they did recast.

I did love the moment with Adrienne moment referencing her cancer.  Stephanie and Adrienne were close after Patch and Kayla disappeared off the canvas in 2009.

Edited by lska
8 hours ago, Happytobehere said:

No, this actress is neither of the two women who previously played Valerie. You are right, this added to the problem since you can't revisit old scenes of Valerie and Julie.

There were two prior actresses who played Valerie before Vanessa?  Who were they?

4 hours ago, Michel said:

There were two prior actresses who played Valerie before Vanessa?  Who were they?

Actually it turns out there were three other actresses.  Tina Andrews (1975-77), Rose Fonseca (1977-78), Diane Sommerfield (1981-82).  Based on age, I only have clear memories of two of the three; either that or I was too young to process that a different actress was playing the character since I have essentially been watching my whole life because Days is what my grandmother looked at.

16 hours ago, Happytobehere said:

based on Hope's reaction, if you didn't know the backstory, you would think that David was just some random who she is in no way shape or form connected to.

The show is terrible about this stuff.  They try really hard to get us to forget that Claire is Hope's granddaughter and Ciara's niece.  Just the other day, they referred to Claire as Ciara's BFF.

• Love 2

Wouldn't Justin be "disqualified" from being Nicole's lawyer since he was previously Chloe's lawyer in the past and has a lot of confidential information on Chloe?  It reminds me of when Lucas and Sami would go to court and Mickey would be Sami's lawyer, which never made any sense.  I understand that Mickey was the go to lawyer for both the Horton's and Brady's but wouldn't he draw a line in the sand against his own nephew?  I can even understand Mickey saying I'm not going to be the lawyer for either Sami or Lucas but to really pick a side always seemed weird to me.  Especially since Maggie and Lucas were always so close.

On 2/17/2017 at 0:17 AM, lska said:

The Steve and Kayla parts today were heavenly.  Their vows were so perfect, and it was so apparent that they'd been heavily tweaked compared to the rest of the dialogue. The last scene in their bedroom (which, wow, actually exists) was so sweet and tender.  I liked that the whole day was all very down to earth, too, although since it was their first wedding in 27 years, they could have gone a little more OTT.  They called it a small wedding, but these DAYS to have that many guests was amazing.

All that was good, but Hope's storyline needs to take a fucking seat.  And my kingdom for some 80's flashbacks.  Sigh...

Way behind and just watching now. Anyway, SN & MBE did a great job as usual. I want to give props to Shelly Henning. That girl was totally into that wedding. She was crying looking at her friking tv parents getting married and had more emotions then most of the stupid "teens" on there currently. She looks like stupid Joey, too. I think it was nice that she wanted to come back to the show for a visit. She didn't have to.  I love people like her and Julianne Moore. They don't bite the first hand that gave them a fan base. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

One of the guys on AfterBuzz pointed out that Kristian Alfonso wore two different colored shoes at the wedding.  One black, one beige.

Did he say why? Was she trying to make some sort of statement?

7 hours ago, MsTree said:

Did he say why? Was she trying to make some sort of statement?

I think she still wears different nail polish on her pinky or thunb or some nonsense like that. I think that she thinks she is 20 or somehting. She's great looking for her age but I think KA needs to knock it off. That said, maybe she didn't realize she was wearing two different shoes. After all, Hope had been on the run for a while. LOL!!!

• Love 1

I don't have a single ounce of sympathy for Nicole. 

And as she was whining about how many months she won't be able to near her daughter and brought about Kristen taking Tate to Brady, all I can think of was Sydney. She had her for close to a year and then whenever she saw her, kept calling herself Mommy Nicole. Lunatic.

• Love 2

I applaud poster up-thread who pointed out how many people do awful things in Salem, but Chloe is one of the few who always gets called out and berated for her deeds.  Sure, she has done some stuff that wasn't good along the way, but some others have done far worse and get a free pass for them (Hope, Joey, Kate, etc...).

I too don't feel super awful for Nicole just because she is being such an IDIOT because of Deimos and has for a while now.  I do hate how the writers are fully destroying the Nicole and Chloe friendship for this dumb story.

Oldest soap gimmick in the book happened today: we are locked in a cold room together, lets strip naked and have sex to stay alive.  Give me a f***ing break.  They finally found an excuse to do the deed, end of story.

• Love 2

Did they ever even fully have sex? I don't remember...

Now that Eric has his game on with the Lumberjack beard and the trendy shaved head, I really want him to get some and the thought that the only one he'll be getting it from is Jennifer totally bums me out.

It's too bad Eric didn't come back drunk before Theresa left. If she really needed to make Brady's think she fell off the wagon, she and Eric could have gotten it on. Although that still would have been sad because she was faking it...but I think old Theresa and drunk Eric would have some fun together.

Or how about this for ratings: Drunk Eric + Stoned Brady + Drunk & Stoned Theresa!

If NBC wants to get the ratings up again I think a threeway is long overdue LOL!

All I can say about Nicole is that I feel really bad for Arianne Zucker. She even seemed to be phoning it in a little bit today. I didn't believe her in the courtroom scene and that's saying something, because even at 50% power she still delivers good acting. The dialogue is just so cartoon showy lately. My baby!! Nooooo!!! Give me back MY BAY-BEEEE!!!

I thought today's dialogue was subpar today. Nicole's theatrics in the courtroom and Abigail's "loved ones" was too cheesy. I just can't with this new Abigail!

AZ must think to herself "Damn I have to cry again today!"

Getting harder and harder to tune in each day.  How many months more before we finally get to see what the new writers have??  

Chad + Gabby locked in storage with no AC = strip down to survive the heat.  Chad + Gabby locked in storage with no heat = strip down to survive.  Lather, Rinse, Repeat.  Call 1-800-whocares

Missed the one possibly bright spot in a long time - Steve and Kayla's wedding thanks to the Cheeto's ranting.

How many times have the same characters been kidnapped/beaten/locked away?  Can't they come up with anything new?

And screw Nicole over again.  For what?  Since seeing this "news," 

what they are doing now has a lot less weight.  Interesting that they set the stage today with Adrienne, since this is still the old writers.  

Just sad that they can't seem to come up with any fresh ideas, especially with legacy characters.

Edited by salvame
because the story lines keep repeating, I forgot who was getting married! Doh!
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

It's too bad Eric didn't come back drunk before Theresa left. If she really needed to make Brady's think she fell off the wagon, she and Eric could have gotten it on. Although that still would have been sad because she was faking it...but I think old Theresa and drunk Eric would have some fun together.

Um . . . yeah.  You do know Eric and Theresa are cousins, right?  Roman, Eric's father, is the older brother of Kimberly, Theresa's mother.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, salvame said:

what they are doing now has a lot less weight.  

I find I have no interest in anything they are doing now, as it will likely all change in July/August. So I didn't watch today.   In fact, I will likely only watch when the spoilers show Eric will be on.  And John, when he eventually (March, I think) comes back.

• Love 1

Countess Wilhelmina makeup must have incredible longevity - I need some! All that time in the meat locker or storage room and Gabi's makeup is still flawless. I'd have raccoon rings under my eyes and my lips would be drying out but.... Chad and Gabi are okay, but there's been no real chemistry between them. Nothing that makes me want to root for them. Or Chad and Abs. Chad deserves... better. I just hope there is no surprise 'baby'. As if the show needs another one!

Chloe didn't need to be so smug after gaining custody of a kid she really doesn't want. More like a 'stick it' to folks and to her now former friend Nicole. I can see temporary custody for Nicole with visits from a social worker to see how things are going and if there are any concerns. After 6 months, full custody. Lots of women bring kids in to the world even though they are not parenting material - but are not taken to court. There is only speculation and innuendo regarding Deimos as being dangerous to be around. Yeah, he is, but he probably would not harm a baby. Love interests and boyfriends come and go. Will Chloe have a change of heart if Nicole finds a more suitable partner? Who is she to judge? Just ugh. A unilateral move on her end. Maybe Daniel's trust fund will run out.

Nice to see a bit of movement on Sonny and getting Chad and Gabi out of the storage unit. And poor Drew in the Salem Inn or wherever, now escaped.

• Love 2

I'm just gonna say this about today's episode: Karma sure is a bitch, right Deimos? Personally I was kinda hoping Adrienne was gonna slap the smugness right off of his face. But the week is still young and hopefully he'll be facing the wrath of Sonny and Sparkle by the end of the week (remember we've seen Sonny has a pretty good right cross). My only question is why oh why didn't they yell for Victor and Maggie. When Vic finds out what's happened to Sonny, he's gonna explode!!

• Love 1
6 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

All I can say about Nicole is that I feel really bad for Arianne Zucker. She even seemed to be phoning it in a little bit today. I didn't believe her in the courtroom scene and that's saying something, because even at 50% power she still delivers good acting. The dialogue is just so cartoon showy lately. My baby!! Nooooo!!! Give me back MY BAY-BEEEE!!!

That's exactly what I thought @DisneyBoy. I really like this actress, but she was horrible in that scene. 

• Love 2

I admit, I haven't watched in about 2 weeks. Let me make sure Ive got all of this right.....

CS (Shane) posed as JM (Stefano), got arrested in Fake Prague, and escaped just to free the murdering Horton Princess Hope?

Nobody was supposed to notice that CS and JM have two completely different body types?

Chad and Gabi were kidnapped a week or 2 ago (real time) and still have not gone to the bathroom?

Chloe, the ex drugging prostitute surrogate who got impregnated without notifying anyone, has custody of Nicole's child?

Nicole, is still a whining, Demios obsessed idiot?

An offscreen death about a character that most do not even know about has prompted a paternity reveal?

Steve and Kayla got married surrounded by friends and family without a disaster stopping the wedding?

A death occurred in Hope's family but her main focus was Rafe?

Dena did this didn't she????

• Love 4
1 hour ago, mj2000 said:

I admit, I haven't watched in about 2 weeks. Let me make sure Ive got all of this right.....

CS (Shane) posed as JM (Stefano), got arrested in Fake Prague, and escaped just to free the murdering Horton Princess Hope?

Nobody was supposed to notice that CS and JM have two completely different body types?

Chad and Gabi were kidnapped a week or 2 ago (real time) and still have not gone to the bathroom?

Chloe, the ex drugging prostitute surrogate who got impregnated without notifying anyone, has custody of Nicole's child?

Nicole, is still a whining, Demios obsessed idiot?

An offscreen death about a character that most do not even know about has prompted a paternity reveal?

Steve and Kayla got married surrounded by friends and family without a disaster stopping the wedding?

A death occurred in Hope's family but her main focus was Rafe?

Dena did this didn't she????

Lol, that pretty much sums it up.

Shane actually had a whole "costume" going on to replicate looking like Stefano.

Yes, the Chloe/Nicole friendship has been sacrificed for a nonsense plot that still doesn't make any sense and makes those involved look absurd.

Yes, Hope's nephew was killed in a motorcycle accident and Rafe is her top priority.  We know the characters are a couple and have been separated for months but you would think the news of your nephew's death would prompt you to pump the breaks for a few hours and hold off any quality time until later that night.

• Love 3

Lather, Rinse, Repeat.  Call 1-800-whocares

Would you mind if I borrow that? I'm really going to need to borrow that.

Um . . . yeah.  You do know Eric and Theresa are cousins, right?  Roman, Eric's father, is the older brother of Kimberly, Theresa's mother.

Whoopsie! You guys really aren't kidding when you say everyone is related in this town, are you?

Who has Ariana?

It would be really nice if Marlena was looking after her, since Sonny never seems to anymore.

When Vic finds out what's happened to Sonny, he's gonna explode!!

No he won't. Deimos has sucked the life right out of him (and the show).

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, JBC344 said:

Lol, that pretty much sums it up.

Shane actually had a whole "costume" going on to replicate looking like Stefano.

Yes, the Chloe/Nicole friendship has been sacrificed for a nonsense plot that still doesn't make any sense and makes those involved look absurd.

Yes, Hope's nephew was killed in a motorcycle accident and Rafe is her top priority.  We know the characters are a couple and have been separated for months but you would think the news of your nephew's death would prompt you to pump the breaks for a few hours and hold off any quality time until later that night.

In a just world, things like this wouldn't have to be endured by a viewing public.

Somebody was either on too high of a dose, or not a high enough dose of meds when this was written.

I realize that outlandish stories are common on soaps, but there needs to be a fine line somewhere.

I long for the days when Nicole had a backbone, the Hortons were a respectable family, Steve and Shane upheld the law, Rafe was nonexistent, and Demios was not yet created.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, madhacker said:

When Vic finds out what's happened to Sonny, he's gonna explode!!

Deimos had Bo kidnapped and tortured, drugged Maggie which caused her to fall down the stairs and become paralyzed, kidnapped and tortured Phillip, and now has Ari's mother being held hostage. Victor didn't do anything then and he won't do anything now.

• Love 4

I've tuned in these last couple of episodes because I wanted to see if the show was bringing it for February sweeps and it doesn't really look like it, but I did enjoy a couple of things:

I can't help it but I adore Chad and Gabi--I believe that they are passionately attracted to each other and can barely keep from tearing their clothes off and I also think the show did a good job showing their growing closeness and deepening bond.  

The new actress playing Abby can actually emote so that's a plus but she's not any warmer of a personality then Mansi was, so I'm still not rooting for her.  And did she seriously say that she knows Andre cares for her?  Really??  Because the last time I checked Andre only cares for Andre--he might have a passing fondness for Chad or Kate but in the end he's his biggest and only fan.

Whoever promoted JJ to detective needs to be fired because that was the lamest grilling of a suspect I ever saw and he was easily bested by the bad guy.  Plus, he's been on the job for little over a year and it's not like he broke a huge case that impressed everyone.  But then again, the Salem PD seems to think Hope is still a heroine so who knows.

I did like seeing JE and VI sharing scenes together--Adrienne is at her best when she shows her mama bear side and Paul should have let her take a swing at Deimos.

Seeing Shane again and now Drew makes me wonder why neither Andrew or Jeannie T. are never mentioned by their dad or uncle.  Strange indeed.

• Love 9

What was the point of having Sonny held hostage for three episodes, most of which was offscreen? Speaking of Sonny, this big bad Kiriakis thing they're trying to do with him is still laughable.

Today felt like the writers didn't know how to precede with the Orwell story and/or were lazy so they just decided to resolve everything in one episode. 

Why did Drew make a backup of the Orwell just to destory it?

• Love 5

The Salem PD actually allowed 3 of its suspects to gather together so they could get their stories straight. Awesome police work. As always.

Was JJ supposed to intimidate a man who was about 3 times his size.

• Love 8

Yay, Drew.

Actually, Deimos, threatening another person's life is a crime.  Terroristic threats.  But as a Greek with no background in American juris prudence, I'll give you a pass.

Gee, if Chad and Gabi were so cold, Abigail, maybe you should have dragged them out to where it was warmer.  But then, it's February, maybe it isn't warmer outside.

JJ trying to be a big guy with the thug was pretty funny.

Damn, Sonny gets tough, huh?

3 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I did like seeing JE and VI sharing scenes together--Adrienne is at her best when she shows her mama bear side and Paul should have let her take a swing at Deimos.

College-aged me loved seeing Beth and Lujack sharing screen time. (RIP GL)

• Love 4

I've been liking the last few weeks, including, incredibly, Jennifer's snooping around.  Reminds me of the campy tone that show used to have back in the day.  I'm not quite buying Tough Guy Sonny but he's so pretty I don't really care.  And it was fab to see some old school Julie over-emoting the other day.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

Damn, Sonny gets tough, huh?

1 hour ago, lilly6 said:

I'm not quite buying Tough Guy Sonny but he's so pretty I don't really care.

Yeah Freddie really brought it today, I just noticed he's definitely been working out because I replayed the scene when Paul was restraining Sonny from killing the thug in slo-mo and I'm pretty sure I saw a small hint of some abs on him (so I'm shallow who here isn't a bit when it come to him?). Please let the week end with Vengeful Sonny storming into the mansion and punching out Deimos, right in front of Victor and Maggie.

Man, they sure wrapped up the Orwell in like 20 minutes today!. Add me to the list of 80's fangirl-ing Beth and Lujack. VI does play nasty creep well but I wish we could get a more sensitive Lujack type character from him next.. Maybe he can hop over to GH now!

So Chad and Gabi are freezing to death....Abby couldn't figure out to drag them outta there???  New actress way better than Mansi, but her hair drives me crazy.  Volumizing spray does wonders.  I am routing for Gabi and Chad though.  I think they have mad chemistry.

Sure love me some CS and we got double dose of him! Hope he is sticking around for awhile!

• Love 1

What really was the point of the Orwell? It can spy on anyone but can be destroyed in 20 minutes? Lots of smart coders around who could probably come up with something like it. Especially with a financial incentive. They'd be working for the CIA, or Interpol, or MI5/6. Now Drew can just walk away and return to his beloved Camilla.

Abby probably couldn't lift or move both Chad and Gabi. They would be almost deadweight and you'd need to drag one out at a time. None looked white or really frozen. Living in a cold climate, there would be a colour change.  I'd expect Abby to hook up with Dario for a bit.

Sonny's 'kidnapping' seemed to be a waste of time. Of course, small JJ couldn't take on a goon triple his size! Nice to have the three bad guys together to corroborate a story.

Did they really let the 3 suspects stay in the same room and interview them together? Salem PD, as competent as ever. It's like they aren't even trying at this point. Give them time to get the story straight. You'd think Roman would know better.

Nicole's tears did nothing for me. All those moments you said you are going to miss and Chloe's stealing from you, that's exactly what you did to Sami. It would be nice for you to acknowledge that. You are only dumping Deimos now because you lost. The one thing I am mad about is how Chloe and Nicole's friendship was ruined for this.  Daniel Jonas and Deimos. Ugh. 

They are softening Dario up just in time. I am enjoying the scenes with him and Abigail. I like Chad and Gabi but I'm not here for her pining while he goes back to Abigail again. We've already seen this before. Also was anyone going to call Kate? She does have the child of the two previously kidnapped/ missing people. She might want to know. Just saying. 

• Love 2
On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 8:31 PM, Frozendiva said:

Chloe didn't need to be so smug after gaining custody of a kid she really doesn't want. More like a 'stick it' to folks and to her now former friend Nicole.

It really is telling how much Shawn and Belle were showing at least some sympathy for Nicole when Chloe wasn't.  While I do appreciate how the show has finally made years' worth of chickens come home to roost for Nicole, I can't necessarily root for Chloe over her because it's clear she's gone crazy.  She knows that Holly isn't her child and keeps on calling her that, anyway.  And God help me, I didn't like Daniel much at all, but in a lot of ways, this does dishonor his memory by effectively stealing his child with the woman he loved from said woman he loved.  I don't see how Chloe doesn't realize that.

The Orwell story's wrap-up was . . . a wrap-up.  Glad that Sonny, Chad, and Gabi are all safe.  Glad that there's no more Orwell over which to fight.  And glad that all three heads of the warring families were foiled.  But I don't even get why they bothered agreeing to deny any involvement.  Roman clearly wasn't buying it, and I don't think any other cops will.

• Love 7

I really like Marlena's scenes with Eric.  Strange that in the land of mass murderers, Eric is the only one who seems to feel he should be culpable for his actions.  Even stranger given that he is a Brady and we know no Brady, even those through marriage should ever be held culpable for their actions; case in point, Hope.  I wonder who Marlena was calling.  I also wonder if GV's schedule is being kept as flexible as possible because of his commitment to Queen Sugar?  Eith way, I like that he is back and casually being given something to do.

I prefer Chad with Gabbi, but, I will only allow an arms-length attachment because I know that the show will be shoving Chad back together with Abby regardless of how I feel.

The more I see of Hope and Rafe, the more I dislike them both individually and as a couple.  If the show is banking on them being one of the core couples of the show, they are delusional. Seriously hoping the new writer doesn't have the inexplicable fascination with GG that Higlemonster did.  I want Hope and Rafe to split and both to be backburnered for the foreseeable future as they are so awful, they make Andre palatable by comparison.

• Love 5

Here is a dumb question.

While Rafe is all busy getting the ingredients for Smores for Hope and not to mention  breaking every law to get a convicted murder out of prison (Hope again), did he ever realize that his sister was kidnapped and could have died? That she is currently recovering from her ordeal in the hospital?

When she was missing, you would think her brother the cop and former FBI agent would have been all over that case.

• Love 7