Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I effing give up.  Whywhywhywhy did they have to write in Nicole taking the baby.  All they need to do now is have Deimos' goon kill Nic by mistake, and my Days days will be over!  Deimos ordering the kidnap then having Nicole do it instead is not making a lot of sense at the moment.  Maybe Brady will meet her at the door, make her put Holly back and act like nothing happened?  Is anyone even thinking this thing through?  Not like anyone could steal Holly for Nic and have her stay in Salem.  How much longer for these writers??

• Love 2

I too miss Another World.

Anne, loosen up around Lucas. No need to try so hard. Be your real self. She's been such a day player so long that her having a lot of dialogue is strange.

Gabi and Abs belly dancing? LOL.

Wait, everyone - Gabs is in love with Chad, Dario is in love with Abs - just let things ride out a bit and both may get what they think they want. The ice cream carton must have emptied quickly and no one got a brain freeze.

Nicole would be the first suspect, well, after Deimos, to kidnap her baby. You'd think Deimos would just fire up the Kiriakis jet, and have it take Chloe to some tiny island. Yes, Nikki, I understand you hating Eric for killing St. Tan Man. He will have to live with his guilt for the rest of his life. Who knows if your happy ever after with St. Dan would have lasted more than a few months.

• Love 3

Okay.  I'm just gonna say it, harsh as it sounds.

I felt no pity for what Nicole did to Chloe.  Given that Chloe's lies are what set all of this in motion in the first place, I am not gonna give her any sympathy at all.  Nicole deserves her daughter.  Chloe knows that.  She knows that everything she's done is wrong.  She knows it.  Yet she kept on going.  So whatever becomes of her as a result of this storyline, I say bring it on.

• Love 7

Yay - fellow AWers :) I really miss the show, but in a way I derive some small amount of satisfaction from knowing that it didn't stretch out the way other soaps have and end up totally sucking and having no budget. At least when the series ended the writers knew what we most wanted to see: Carl back from the dead, Cindy getting some small amount of joy and forgiveness, Grant alive and well and some happy scenes for Jake, Paulina, Vicky and Joe. And Frankie! Can't forget that Frankie/Charlie scene in the finale. Tears all 'round.

Considering the way Another World was turning into a crappier version of DAYS I'm kind of relieved we didn't get a few more years of stuff like the Jordan Stark storyline. Bay City was a place where characters drove the plot, not the other way around.

Anyways there's a forum on this website devoted to Another World so we should probably take this conversation there. I don't think anyone has posted in awhile so I kind of gave up but I would be happy to chat about it all with you guys.

Anne, loosen up around Lucas. No need to try so hard. Be your real self. 

I wonder if we will get to see that side of Anne. I think we saw glimpses of it with Theresa. Frankly, I wonder if either the actress or the writers know how to make Anne anything other than awkward, spazzy and scheming. That's kind of why I have trouble seeing her as a romantic option for Lucas.

Does no one else have an opinion on the DiMansion's wall sconces? It's really eating away at me and I hope I'm not alone because that probably means I need to get a life...

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Does no one else have an opinion on the DiMansion's wall sconces? It's really eating away at me and I hope I'm not alone because that probably means I need to get a life...

Those sconces are butt ugly, the sort of thing K Mart sold in the early 70's to hold either fake flowers or candles you never burned.  Sometimes they were sold as set pieces along with mass p produced pictures of those horrid children with the huge eyes, always in plastic frames.

I know, because for a while my mother had them in the living room.  They're not even good kitsch.

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

And Frankie! Can't forget that Frankie/Charlie scene in the finale. Tears all 'round.

Uh . . . what?  Wasn't she offed in '96 by that killer?

21 minutes ago, Vyk said:

Uh . . . what?  Wasn't she offed in '96 by that killer?

She was, but the actress came back as a look a like character towards the end of the run.

5 hours ago, boes said:

Everytime I hear any of our cowboy chorus refer to "the families" I laugh - just a little, but still, every time.  Especially when it's Dario.  The Hernandez "family" consists of him and his father.  Now, the DiMera family isn't any better, considering it's just Chad and Crazy Andre but at least they have decades behind them.  And while the Kiriakis clan has more members....Sonny as a mobster, really, Show?  Between him and Dario, it's like two of the Teletubbies went rogue.  They've gotta get another schtick because this one ain't working.  The Corleone's, they're not, any of them.

Dario may be the worst.  That eternal pout of his makes me think he needs to be changed, and soon.

Lucas hit the jackpot today, raisin oatmeal cookies AND Ann!  

Too bad someone didn't chloroform Chloe ages ago.  I was hoping Nicole would draw a moustache on her and shave her eyebrows while she was out cold.

The new Abby is so much better than the old one - and even Jenn is better than I remember her being in about a decade. 

What a mess Show made with Vincent Irizzary and the Deimos character.  I had hopes but not anymore.

Agreed.  I would rather they get back to the legitimate "business rivalries" instead of making this "mob wars" or General Hospital 2.

• Love 2

Yes to no mob wars.  TIIC at GH have allowed the mob to consume the heart and soul of the show.  It's not even a shell of it's former self it's so far gone.  When Ron C. first began writing for GH in 2012, he had zero interest in the mob and seemed to be forced into it writing for it by the end of his run.  Hopefully he still carries his distaste for the subject, so that when his work begins at Days there won't be any mafia.

Does anyone know if he wrote good business stories when he was head writer for OLTL?  The only one I recall is Pickle Lila from GH.  It was (to put it kindly) not successful.

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Yes to no mob wars.  TIIC at GH have allowed the mob to consume the heart and soul of the show.  It's not even a shell of it's former self it's so far gone.  When Ron C. first began writing for GH in 2012, he had zero interest in the mob and seemed to be forced into it writing for it by the end of his run.  Hopefully he still carries his distaste for the subject, so that when his work begins at Days there won't be any mafia.

Does anyone know if he wrote good business stories when he was head writer for OLTL?  The only one I recall is Pickle Lila from GH.  It was (to put it kindly) not successful.

He really didn't write business storylines as such, but he did use the business settings, Buchanan Industries, Lord Publications, The Banner newspaper as backdrops to his storylines, and he used those appropriately.  The mob rarely made an appearance in Llanview - villains, yes, but no Corinthii type moobsters, thank God.

• Love 4

Carlo Hesser was a mobster.

They let Nicole check into a motel without a credit card?  In what year is this set?

Jeez, is Gabi stalking JJ and Lani?  She seems to be everywhere they are.

And so, once again, NBC interrupts us for non-breaking news.  smdh.

And after 20 minutes, they're back.

Wow, Sonny, way to be an asshole to the guy you claim to be in love with.

Once again, that crappy song.

That baby is so cute.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Prairiemakeup said:

I noticed today that Stefano's giant portrait is still hanging in the mansion. Joe M passed after this was filmed, and the character was hated at that point so why is it there? 

Real reason - it's always been there, same as the fugly sconces...as a tribute to Joe...general laziness on the part of the set decorators...

Attempted In-Show reason - Stefano could return at any time, perhaps, so why risk hanging something else?

I'm more amazed Chad, who mourned Stefano all year, has said nothing about his apparent resurrection. Did Dena realize how bad her story was and just sweep it under the rug? Did the network?

And now apparently, Abigail's mental illness is all past tense..? When did that get resolved?

I'm hoping, with more scenes in the Mansion now, someone will ask Chad about the portrait. I want to see Kate, Theo and Chad discuss this whole Stefano thing.

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Real reason - it's always been there, same as the fugly sconces...as a tribute to Joe...general laziness on the part of the set decorators...

Attempted In-Show reason - Stefano could return at any time, perhaps, so why risk hanging something else?

I'm more amazed Chad, who mourned Stefano all year, has said nothing about his apparent resurrection. Did Dena realize how bad her story was and just sweep it under the rug? Did the network?

And now apparently, Abigail's mental illness is all past tense..? When did that get resolved?

I'm hoping, with more scenes in the Mansion now, someone will ask Chad about the portrait. I want to see Kate, Theo and Chad discuss this whole Stefano thing.

Well we did get the brief Chad and Theo scene when they discussed that Stefano was alive and Chad hoped that he stayed away, with Theo being more conflicted about it.  With that said I would love a Dimera family meeting of Theo, Chad, and Kate.  Andre can come to depending on the day.

• Love 3

Thankfully, I can come here to keep up with what's going on rather than watch it and have my eyes and ears be subjected to the crap spiral storylines. 

The Orwell was utterly pointless and forgettable.

The mob wars is just ridiculous.

The sainted offspring battle is just bad all the way around.

The murdering princess and her propped lover are sickening.

The teens are boring.

The only bright spots are Steve and Kayla and the now possible, and hopefully sober, Eric and Jen.

I wait in anxious anticipation for the new writer's material.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

I actually kind of smiled when Marci and Billy were joking about how wonderful Abigail is, and just imagined how smarmy it would have come across if Kate Mansi had done it.

I was thinking that I find this actress much more believable in terms of Abigail being smart and educated.  I still prefer Gabi and Chad, but this version of Abigail doesn't make me feel quite as stabby.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Wow, Sonny, way to be an asshole to the guy you claim to be in love with.

Are they seriously trying to turn Sonny Kiriakis into Sonny Corinthos? No, please no.

I'm really hoping that the rumors are true and Chandler's coming back to the show just so we can have Original Sonny back. Y'know the one we used to love.

• Love 4
(edited)

Gabi is certainly being a perfect Hernandez, isn't she?  Just as supercilious as Rafe, just as interfering as Dario and twice as stupid as both.  Early on , during her obsession with original recipe Chad, I couldn't stand her.  Then, with Nick, I went back and forth.  Since she got out of jail I've mostly liked her, but now I'm back to disliking her again.  I don't care if JJ and Lani are having sex on Grandma and Grampa Horton's plaque, it's NONE of her business.  She seems to enjoy being as judgemental as Rafe, and she even looks like him, has the same unattractive resting pout face.

FUAD, Gabi.

So is Sonny going to wear his Doctor Dentons or put on his gangster underoos when he goes up against Deimos to become the Kiriakis King Moobster?  The whole storyline is just so.....gripping.....

Did Nicole sneak onto the Y&R set and steal Lauren's rattail hair extensions?  No wonder the baby is crying.

Let's look on the bright side - no Hope or Rafe!

ETA - I like this Abigail.  I have never, ever, EVER written "like" and "Abigail" in the same sentence before unless it involved some form of torture or mockery..  

Edited by boes
  • Love 11

Abigail's mental illness just did not heal. She probably should be on some sort of daily medication and have regular counselling sessions and treatments. For the rest of her life.

Nicole, you are an idiot! Kidnapping the baby is not going to help you out. Deimos and his goons will need to do some clean-up and damage control for you - i.e. find a woman who resembles you to take the blame. I was surprised at how quickly the Amber Alert went out.  It would have taken more than a few minutes to put something together and submit it to the media.

Some hotels or motels would probably accept a $500-1000 cash deposit in lieu of a credit card.

Gabi, you dumped JJ. What he does is not your business. You have your own problems, wanting Chad, but your dear friend Abs is just in the way. Just be patient and they will implode soon enough. Get some modelling jobs, find some clients to style, get a job in a department store as a personal shopper.

• Love 4

I think Gabi is starting her own company, bankrolled by Dario and Eddie. not sure though, since I tend to ff all thing Hernandez. Damn you show, for making me indifferent to A Martinez.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

I actually kind of smiled when Marci and Billy were joking about how wonderful Abigail is, and just imagined how smarmy it would have come across if Kate Mansi had done it.

Hahaha!  I did the same thing, and was again thankful that Kate Mansi is no longer on this show.

• Love 4
(edited)

Yep, she was pretty great today. Hopefully somewhere Kate's face is turning bright green with envy under her crappy white burn victim mask.

Chad's dialogue today confirmed to me that Dena* is following up on her earlier idea of Victor and Deimos having stolen antiquities that Kate could blackmail them over. I wonder how that's going to play out...will Victor also be implicated once Chad investigates? Will Kate's kidnapping of Tate come to light?

*autocorrect wrote her name as Demon. I was tempted to leave it as such.

All I could think about during today's episode was how insufferable Abigail would have seemed if Kate was playing her. Marci managed to make all of her smug kind of cute and self-aware. I love how much Billy seems to be enjoying working with her too. I was never a particular fan of this coupling and I wonder what fans of them are feeling now that they see Billy seems to be on board with his new co-star...are they still worshipping at the Altar of Manci?

And Abby being (relatively) mature about Gabi is refreshing. Is Andre so bored that manipulating Abby is the only way he can get his kicks?

Roman's retirement feels motivated by plot so I like that. Hope's still getting a free pass for everything and that bothers me, but at least there was mention of Bo's passing having taken a toll on him and that is appreciated. He should get a party at the Pub though - something to mark the occasion.

Why does it seem like they never have scenes between Roman and Marlena anymore? I would think with him retiring from the force and Marlena having recently put her life on the line to track down Stefano one last time, the two of them would have plenty to discuss. We also never got to see Roman tell Marlena that Eric was freed from prison and he kept it a secret.

Is it that the writers never decided whether Roman was still in love with Marlena or not? At Stefano's Memorial last spring he seemed to have some kind of unresolved feelings towards Kate, but maybe that was just the actor trying to bring something to the scene. In any event I would really appreciate it if they could spend some time together in John's absence as longtime friends and co-parents. The way things are right now I don't even know if Marlena is spending any time with Claire, who is her only remaining relative in town aside from Brady, who seems to speak to her once a year.

I am unbearably sick of the alley set and the multi-purpose two door room set (look - it's a courtroom/Hope's office/a hotel room/Kayla's office/Marlena's office/a hospital room/etc!)

Kate doesn't like Abby again because why? And why does Kate like Andre given that Andre kidnapped Sami? And why does Kate like Gabi if Gabi defected from Basic Black to work for DJ Wear? I can't make any sense of what Kate likes and doesn't like anymore.

Go Raines go - teach these corrupt bozos how to do their jobs properly!

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 2
(edited)

My dislike for Hope softened a little when she told Chad she was sorry she shot Stefano, then the writers had to ruin that by making her next scene be with Rafe.  And getting her old job back. Really, she shot someone in cold blood, while not on duty, and she's still eligible to be a Salem PD detective.  She should, at least, have to submit to additional training or a psychological test or something.

That hug between Hope and Roman felt like a good-bye. Wonder if JT has left the show.  If not, what will they do with Roman now?  And yes, as DisneyBoy mentioned, Roman deserves a retirement party, though poor man, other than Eric mentioning him one day, he never sees his family.  Which reminds me, did Carrie and Roman have any scenes during her recent visit to Salem?

And I'll say it again, why can't they write the families the way they used to.  The closest they came to that was when Rafe, yes RAFE!!!, got to have his mother, father, sister, brother and niece in scenes together.  Just hanging out in the kitchen eating a meal.  It reminded me of the Brady's from a million years ago. But then they sent Rafe's mother away and that ended that.

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, buffynut said:

My dislike for Hope softened a little when she told Chad she was sorry she shot Stefano, then the writers had to ruin that by making her next scene be with Rafe.  And getting her old job back. Really, she shot someone in cold blood, while not on duty, and she's still eligible to be a Salem PD detective.  She should, at least, have to submit to additional training or a psychological test or something.

That hug between Hope and Roman felt like a good-bye. Wonder if JT has left the show.  If not, what will they do with Roman now?  And yes, as DisneyBoy mentioned, Roman deserves a retirement party, though poor man, other than Eric mentioning him one day, he never sees his family.  Which reminds me, did Carrie and Roman have any scenes during her recent visit to Salem?

And I'll say it again, why can't they write the families the way they used to.  The closest they came to that was when Rafe, yes RAFE!!!, got to have his mother, father, sister, brother and niece in scenes together.  Just hanging out in the kitchen eating a meal.  It reminded me of the Brady's from a million years ago. But then they sent Rafe's mother away and that ended that.

Roman and Carrie did have a nice father/daughter dancing scene at Steve and Kayla's wedding.  It was short and just consisted of Roman wishing Carrie was closer, and wanting to see Noah soon.

• Love 2

Ugh, Raines the dick is the new commish, huh? Doesn't Abe have any say in that matter?

That hug between Hope and Roman felt like a good-bye. Wonder if JT has left the show.

I thought the same thing.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Yep, she was pretty great today. Hopefully somewhere Kate's face is turning bright green with envy under her crappy white burn victim mask.

Chad's dialogue today confirmed to me that Dena* is following up on her earlier idea of Victor and Deimos having stolen antiquities that Kate could blackmail them over. I wonder how that's going to play out...will Victor also be implicated once Chad investigates? Will Kate's kidnapping of Tate come to light?

*autocorrect wrote her name as Demon. I was tempted to leave it as such.

All I could think about during today's episode was how insufferable Abigail would have seemed if Kate was playing her. Marci managed to make all of her smug kind of cute and self-aware. I love how much Billy seems to be enjoying working with her too. I was never a particular fan of this coupling and I wonder what fans of them are feeling now that they see Billy seems to be on board with his new co-star...are they still worshipping at the Altar of Manci?

And Abby being (relatively) mature about Gabi is refreshing. Is Andre so bored that manipulating Abby is the only way he can get his kicks?

Roman's retirement feels motivated by plot so I like that. Hope's still getting a free pass for everything and that bothers me, but at least there was mention of Bo's passing having taken a toll on him and that is appreciated. He should get a party at the Pub though - something to mark the occasion.

Why does it seem like they never have scenes between Roman and Marlena anymore? I would think with him retiring from the force and Marlena having recently put her life on the line to track down Stefano one last time, the two of them would have plenty to discuss. We also never got to see Roman tell Marlena that Eric was freed from prison and he kept it a secret.

Is it that the writers never decided whether Roman was still in love with Marlena or not? At Stefano's Memorial last spring he seemed to have some kind of unresolved feelings towards Kate, but maybe that was just the actor trying to bring something to the scene. In any event I would really appreciate it if they could spend some time together in John's absence as longtime friends and co-parents. The way things are right now I don't even know if Marlena is spending any time with Claire, who is her only remaining relative in town aside from Brady, who seems to speak to her once a year.

I am unbearably sick of the alley set and the multi-purpose two door room set (look - it's a courtroom/Hope's office/a hotel room/Kayla's office/Marlena's office/a hospital room/etc!)

Kate doesn't like Abby again because why? And why does Kate like Andre given that Andre kidnapped Sami? And why does Kate like Gabi if Gabi defected from Basic Black to work for DJ Wear? I can't make any sense of what Kate likes and doesn't like anymore.

Go Raines go - teach these corrupt bozos how to do their jobs properly!

The Andre thing is weird but the writers have been pretty inconsistent with who Kate does and does not get along with for a while now. Kate not liking Abigail I would assume is because she lied about sleeping with Austin and slept with EJ when her and Sami were pretty close at the time. 

42 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

Roman and Carrie did have a nice father/daughter dancing scene at Steve and Kayla's wedding.  It was short and just consisted of Roman wishing Carrie was closer, and wanting to see Noah soon.

Thanks. I watched the wedding, but I guess I've already forgotten that short scene.

Really, she shot someone in cold blood, while not on duty, and she's still eligible to be a Salem PD detective.  She should, at least, have to submit to additional training or a psychological test or something.

I actually felt a chill when Roman handed her back her gun. Definitely not what the writers were hoping for. She should not have one if her emotions are so easily manipulated. Remember: Stefano didn't invite her over that night....she just showed up because she was angry. 

That hug between Hope and Roman felt like a good-bye. Wonder if JT has left the show.

I'm guessing be only wants to work X number of days, and removing Roman from the force makes his presence less necessary in most big storylines. Consider how much he appeared during the Orpheus and Prague arcs. His absences were pretty glaring. If he's retired he can appear only during holidays and that will suffice.

I feel really badly for those of you who were big time Roman fans back in the day.

So.......former OLTL viewers will know what I mean......The Hernandii are becoming the Rappaports of Salem.

And that ain't no compliment.  It's like trying to put a positive spin on a termite infestation.

Any chance Hope could off Rafe with some food poisoning?

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, boes said:

So.......former OLTL viewers will know what I mean......The Hernandii are becoming the Rappaports of Salem.

I'm a former viewer and have no idea as to what you mean.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, boes said:

Not a former OLTL viewer but... best pluralization EVER. Hernandii. 

• Love 3

Nicole, what you are doing is not a good idea. You had better hope that your friends in mob places can get you out of your mess. Yes, Holly is yours, but work to get her legally and not be on the run. Wonder if Dr. Lee will turn her in. Maybe Deimos and Brady can find someone to kidnap the baby and get Nicole off the hook, so to speak.

Yep, Abs, Gabi wants your husband. You'll be bored of him soon enough.

Hope, it shouldn't be that easy to get your job back. Here, you'd need to probably have a long chat with the internal affairs folks or whoever looks in to police officer shootings, and you should be on some sort of probation period for at least 6 months to one year, with your mental health assessed regularly.  She just seemed gleeful to be back on the force. Stefano is apparently 'alive', so there. At least she did apologize to Chad. Perhaps since she is a bad cook, she can get a few ingredients confused and then off Rafe. Chances are that he has a Teflon stomach.

• Love 4

Nicole you might as well have just gone out as yourself as much as your "disguise " covered up. All of this could have been avoided if you dumped Deimos earlier.  I'm more sad they ruined Chloe and Nicole's friendship for this. Daniel Jonas ruins everything. 

Because I don't think Gabi and Abigail's is going to last through this triangle. I do actually enjoy the continuity of Arianna loving Chad because they did spend a lot of time together before. 

Sonny the big boy Kiriakis is something. He's just always been too nice for me to believe he's jut all of sudden turning ruthless. If someone sticks it to Deimos though I don't really care who it is. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Vyk said:

I'm a former viewer and have no idea as to what you mean.

Feels like with Pops and Dario and their "crime family" they're starting to eat the show the way the Rappaports did.  

• Love 4
1 minute ago, boes said:

Feels like with Pops and Dario and their "crime family" they're starting to eat the show the way the Rappaports did.  

Oh, no, I don't think so.  At least the show still focuses on other Salem families a good amount.  And at least the Hernandezes were brought on slowly.  Hell, for a long time, Rafe and Gabi were the only members of the family on the show.  The Rappaports came on way more quickly and strongly, from what I've been told.

Just now, Vyk said:

Oh, no, I don't think so.  At least the show still focuses on other Salem families a good amount.  And at least the Hernandezes were brought on slowly.  Hell, for a long time, Rafe and Gabi were the only members of the family on the show.  The Rappaports came on way more quickly and strongly, from what I've been told.

Different opinions, keeps the board interesting.

• Love 3
(edited)

I was not around when the Rappaports first started showing up, but I think that another part of the annoyance was that a lot of retconned backstory was written in. Like Sam was Todd's old football coach and stuff like that.

I really dislike all the "the families" talk. The Dimeras and the Kiriakises have been bad/gray guys in Salem for a long time, but also globally(?) powerful. There are companies and boards of directors and offices in other countries and such. And now the Hernandii (I almost pluralized this way the other day but shied away so thanks to whoever did), who are comprised of Eduardo, a former assassin and Dario, a low level thug are supposed to be on their same level??

Edited by annabel
add more thoughts
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, annabel said:

I was not around when the Rappaports first started showing up, but I think that another part of the annoyance was that a lot of retconned backstory was written in. Like Sam was Todd's old football coach and stuff like that.

I really dislike all the "the families" talk. The Dimeras and the Kiriakises have been bad/gray guys in Salem for a long time, but also globally(?) powerful. There are companies and boards of directors and offices in other countries and such. And now the Hernandii (I almost pluralized this way the other day but shied away so thanks to whoever did), who are comprised of Eduardo, a former assassin and Dario, a low level thug are supposed to be on their same level??

It's just ridiculous. Having Chad trying to channel Michael Corleone is just hilarious.lol

8 hours ago, boes said:

It probably  wouldn't be so bad if the characters or the story was even remotely interesting.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, boes said:

I hate the Rappaports.  Asa's contempt for that abominable family was a thing of beauty.   The Hernandez family needs to go. I would keep Eduardo, just because I like A Martinez.  The show should have explored Eve and Eduardo.   That scene of Eve speaking proudly to Eduardo about their daughter going to Stanford just blew me away.   I know that the death of a child usually separates a couple, but, in Eve/Eduarado, it could have brought them back together.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, janeyjay said:

Not a former OLTL viewer but... best pluralization EVER. Hernandii. 

Was a former OLTL person, and I suspect boes of having some Latin--he has a coupla plurals I love.

• Love 2

I'm a little aghast that three women didn't find Eduardo "I impregnated multiple women in this very town while lying to them and being an assassin" Hernandez repellent enough to avoid forgiving and dating him...

1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

I'm a little aghast that three women didn't find Eduardo "I impregnated multiple women in this very town while lying to them and being an assassin" Hernandez repellent enough to avoid forgiving and dating him...

Lol, to be fair to Eduardo he has only impregnated two women, one of which was his long time wife with who he has multiple children.  Also this all happened outside of Salem, both of his exes just happen to converge in Salem.  Remember the Hernandi (I couldn't resist) are not native Salemites.

Also what other guy on the show hasn't impregnated more than one woman?  This is Salem, a town so incestuous, moral passes have to be given in order to keep the town running.

With that all said, Point taken.

• Love 2
(edited)
On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 4:10 PM, JBC344 said:

Also what other guy on the show hasn't impregnated more than one woman?

Tom?  Lucas?  Austin?  Philip?  Both Shawns?  Will (for obvious reasons)?

Edited by Vyk
1 hour ago, Vyk said:

Tom?  Lucas?  Austin?  Philip?  Both Shawns?  Will (for obvious reasons)?

Well Austin is sort of borderline, but that is still a small sample size.  Of course I know that there are more men, I just wanted to make the point that impregnating more than one woman isn't necessarily an attack on morality.

(edited)

My understanding of Eddie was that he continuously created new identities for himself and built new families to support those identities as part of his life as an assassin. I have been operating under the assumption that Eve and Mama Hernandez were not the only women likely to have borne his children.

Maybe I misunderstood but that's what I got from his confessions in 2015.

And frankly, even if Eddie only did have kids with two women, he spent his entire life as a trained assassin. I know John did too, but he has done a lot of other things since. Eddie seemed to only get out of the business somewhat recently. I would think he would need several years of intensive therapy before he would suddenly become boyfriend material to anybody half as smart as Kate.

... random question, but when Abigail mentioned that she was godmother to Arianna Grace it made me wonder - have they baptized Thomas yet?

Also, an admition - I was completely wrong about the DiMansion being repainted. It has been beige for years, but I have been watching so many old clips from the 90s I failed to realize it got a makeover a few years ago and has been beige ever since. I'll blame my lack of observational powers on those damn wall sconces.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 1