Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

On 2017-02-17 at 11:56 PM, Frozendiva said:

Julie kinda over-acted.

Only "kinda"? Must be a red-letter day!

On 2017-02-18 at 7:25 PM, Happytobehere said:

Julie is Hope's sister.  Making David Hope's nephew and her stepson

I don't think David can be Hope's stepson in any way. Julie is her half-sister, but also, arguably, her stepmom, since Julie is married to Doug; this makes David Hope's stepbrother and nephew, and Valerie's son with David is Hope's great-nephew.

Salem needs more people in it.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Wow - so Gabi was indirectly responsible for the Daysaster?

After reading all that I like the character less. Everyone on this show has such a complicated history... Thanks for bringing me up to speed. I watched their reconciliation last fall but the dialogue was vague so I still had no clue what happened. Plus the subtext was "Chad is horny and lonely".

Yeah, pretty much.  I've never liked Gabi.

Eric has this remarkable ability to always look completely dumbstruck whenever sex happens in his life. You think a guy who looks like him wouldn't be so caught off guard when people want to jump him. Dude, you are in amazing shape and are kind to others. You are a catch. You should be used to this at this point in your life.

I think this is why I saw Serena as such a refreshing opportunity to revitalize the character of Eric. Before the dumb diamonds nonsense, wasn't she just a girl who he knew in Africa who brought out the fun side of his personality? They had chemistry and the actress was good. It's a shame they made her deceitful and killed her off because Eric has been meandering ever since.

And then there's Jennifer, who acts like she has to immediately go to church and wash herself in holy water just for seeing Eric shirtless. I really can't understand how Abigail turned out to be such a tacky tramp when her mother is constantly being so puritanical.

It's just funny and sad to me that these two adults in their late forties (presumably) are acting more weirded out by sex and attraction than the characters in their late teens and early twenties. You'd never know Jennifer had had kids or long-term relationships with the way she acts.

And as happy as I am to see more of the house where Eric is staying, it appears to have morphed from a farmhouse into a cottage in the woods. I wish they had done a better job of making Chloe's woodland home look like a farmhouse. Throwing some of that Grandma wallpaper around would have worked wonders. How is he paying rent by the way?

I missed the Jennifer Marlena conversation. Please tell me Marlena is still irritated with Jennifer over how she hooked up with Eric during his drinking days last year. I'd really like to think Marlena will still be holding a grudge for a while because no one on the canvas currently seems to be giving Jennifer a hard enough time.

Edited by DisneyBoy
39 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

And then there's Jennifer, who acts like she has to immediately go to church and wash herself in holy water just for seeing Eric shirtless. I really can't understand how Abigail turned out to be such a tacky tramp when her mother is constantly being so puritanical.

It's just funny and sad to me that these two adults in their late forties (presumably) are acting more weirded out by sex and attraction than the characters in their late teens and early twenties. You'd never know Jennifer had had kids or long-term relationships with the way she acts.

I haven't seen today's show (or most of last week) to know exactly what you're talking about, but I always thought Jennifer's weirdness is because Eric is should be so much younger than her.  I don't think Eric is in his late 40s, like she is, but with SORASing, who knows.  I've always seen Sami and Eric as part of the younger generation since they are Roman's kids; Jennifer is in the same generation as Roman, Bo, Hope, etc. to me.  So wouldn't it be weird having sex with your cousin's nephew?  

56 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Over-correction?

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I haven't seen today's show (or most of last week) to know exactly what you're talking about, but I always thought Jennifer's weirdness is because Eric is should be so much younger than her.  I don't think Eric is in his late 40s, like she is, but with SORASing, who knows.  I've always seen Sami and Eric as part of the younger generation since they are Roman's kids; Jennifer is in the same generation as Roman, Bo, Hope, etc. to me.  So wouldn't it be weird having sex with your cousin's nephew?  

Jennifer would be about 49-51, her and Hope are the same age with maybe a year or two between them.  Eric would be about 40-41 at this point so not a real age difference there. Jennifer would be sort of the "in between" generation between Roman/Marlena and Sami/Eric.  Not old enough to be Eric's mother but not young enough to be Roman or Marlena's child.

Edited by JBC344

Jennifer was always a little younger than Bo, Hope, Roman as she was still a high school with Frankie when Bo and Hope were married and sailing the seas and Roman was a "widowed" cop played by DH.  Surely though, Eric and Sami were just elementary school kids during Jen's teens, but I'm guessing some SORASing has happened since.

I'd put Jen in her late 40's and Eric in his early to mid-40's.  I think thats about the same with the actors.  I think Missy Reeves turns 50 in March and I'm pretty sure Greg Vaughn is mid 40's (43 or 44).  They are probably closer in age than GG and KA and nobody (in Salem) acknowledges their age gap it seems...

I actually really like the pairing of Jen and Eric (Jeneric?).  She always seems a bit like she is more aware of her flaws around him.  He seems like he is pretty broken too.  He does always seem unaware of his hotness (damn, he looks good shirtless with the tattoo!).  I suppose Jen has always seemed a bit prudish despite her relationships, marriage and having kids.  She still acts like the virgin Jen of the 1980's/early 90's.  MR looks good but I wish she would go a bit darker with her blonde (like more golden) and put more color into her makeup or lip color.

I despise this whole Nicole-Chloe-baby storyline, what a mess it has been made into.  I do and I don't feel bad for Nicole.  She was stupid to stay with Deimos when Chloe was willing to give her the baby, but now its too little, too late.  I feel bad that Chloe would want to keep Holly from her forever, but Nicole doesn't know how to stand back and give space making her seem crazy and obsessed at times, not to mention dumb.  I hate how Chloe looks likes such a bad guy now in a lot of ways.  There were other ways they could have gone with all of this.  I hate Brady and Deimos being involved at all.  I hate the C/N friendship being ruined too.  Ugh...

Ah, makes more sense to have John away on an ISA mission instead of hanging with the family he never knew.  I hope DH is doing better and is back soon though.  

Edited by LadyJaney
5 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

Jennifer would be about 49-51, her and Hope are the same age with maybe a year or two between them.  Eric would be about 40-41 at this point so not a real age difference there. Jennifer would be sort of the "in between" generation between Roman/Marlena and Sami/Eric.  Not old enough to be Eric's mother but not young enough to be Roman or Marlena's child.

Eric and Sami were born on the show in October 1984, but somehow turned into a teen in 1992.  He should be 32.  Jennifer was born in 1976 and should be 40-41, but she came back a teenager in 1985.  That's what I mean with SORASing though - everything gets all screwed up and generational divides don't matter.

I still think it's weird to have sex with your cousin/best friend's nephew, but to each her own. :-)

15 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Eric and Sami were born on the show in October 1984, but somehow turned into a teen in 1992.  He should be 32.  Jennifer was born in 1976 and should be 40-41, but she came back a teenager in 1985.  That's what I mean with SORASing though - everything gets all screwed up and generational divides don't matter.

I still think it's weird to have sex with your cousin/best friend's nephew, but to each her own. :-)

Sure things (ages) get screwed up definitely but Jennifer and Hope were never the same age as Roman, Marlena, Abe, etc.  In terms of Eric/Sami, the SORASing aside is that they are linked to Will's age.  Sami/Eric will always be 16 years older than Will.  If the show is telling me that Will would be about 24-25 now, then Sami and Eric automatically become 40-41.  I also think the term "generation" is such a vague and loaded term I would much rather use the term "age range".  It tends to keep things a little bit more clearer, even if there is some "light" SORASing that can happen with characters.

I do agree with you that the show is heavily incestuous as it is, but on face value Eric and Jennifer is no less weird than a majority of any other relationship on the show.  90% of the cast is related through blood or marriage.

44 minutes ago, LadyJaney said:

I actually really like the pairing of Jen and Eric (Jeneric?).  She always seems a bit like she is more aware of her flaws around him.  He seems like he is pretty broken too. 

I agree.  This is the first time I've ever liked Jennifer. 

On to today!  Whatever Nicole has done, I'll never not feel bad for what Chloe is doing to her.  It's beyond cruel, especially when it involves a character who has lost more than one child.

Also, JJ is a dick.

• Love 3
51 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

I do agree with you that the show is heavily incestuous as it is, but on face value Eric and Jennifer is no less weird than a majority of any other relationship on the show.  90% of the cast is related through blood or marriage.

Excellent point, and that doesn't usually bother me.  And actually, I don't mind Eric and Jennifer together either.  I was just pointing out the "generation" thing as maybe a reason why it seems Jennifer is nervous or acts weird.

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

I agree.  This is the first time I've ever liked Jennifer. 

On to today!  Whatever Nicole has done, I'll never not feel bad for what Chloe is doing to her.  It's beyond cruel, especially when it involves a character who has lost more than one child.

Also, JJ is a dick.

At this point, Chloe is just being heartless and cruel.  Certainly Nicole messed things up along the way, but Chloe is coming across as completely unfeeling.  I get that she has fallen in love with Holly, but the whole purpose of the surrogacy was so that Nicole could have a child, especially Daniel's child.  I don't see how she or her parents can justify this behaviour. 

• Love 2

Talking to yourself, Eric?  You really need to go see people.

Damn, what does Lani do with her time, if everything JJ suggests they do together, she shoots down?

You're a grownup, Jennifer, you can say "having sex", you don't have to say "comforting each other."

Gee, JJ, thanks for telling us what 1984 is.

Why would Chloe let Deimos in the door?

Jeez, Jennifer, just walk in the door.  But hey, why not?  Marlena did when she came to visit.

Are they dropping anvils about Nicole and Brady being a couple?

Was Chloe supposed to be her own process server, or was Nicole otherwise never going to be getting a copy of the restraining order?

3 hours ago, JBC344 said:

So true, so many characters are related that there a big limits with pairings at this point!  

I still think the grossest one for me was when Stephanie was so involved with Max.  He was her uncle!  Sure, Max and Kayla weren't blood-related, but he was Kayla's adopted brother, raised as a Brady, therefore Stephanie's uncle.  Yet that didn't stop them.  I often wondered after they split, how they would handle seeing each other at Brady family reunions or parties.  Just never could ship them.  So Eric and Jen are free and clear in my book ;)

Yeah, the whole Chloe/Nicole story is gross.  I can't cheer on anyone at this point.  They are all foul.  I hate what they have done to characters I like.  I hate Chloe coming off so bad.  I hate Nicole looking so extreme.  I hate Brady taking sides, I hate Deimos period.  The only one I feel truly bad for is Holly.  

33 minutes ago, LadyJaney said:

So true, so many characters are related that there a big limits with pairings at this point!  

I still think the grossest one for me was when Stephanie was so involved with Max.  He was her uncle!  Sure, Max and Kayla weren't blood-related, but he was Kayla's adopted brother, raised as a Brady, therefore Stephanie's uncle.  Yet that didn't stop them.  I often wondered after they split, how they would handle seeing each other at Brady family reunions or parties.  Just never could ship them.  So Eric and Jen are free and clear in my book ;)

Yeah, the whole Chloe/Nicole story is gross.  I can't cheer on anyone at this point.  They are all foul.  I hate what they have done to characters I like.  I hate Chloe coming off so bad.  I hate Nicole looking so extreme.  I hate Brady taking sides, I hate Deimos period.  The only one I feel truly bad for is Holly.  

How do you feel about Max and Chelsea?  I feel there was a little of that "Both girls are dating their uncle" talk/vibe, but with Max and Chelsea who are still together, it seems to have worked out without being too weird.

Maybe Jennifer felt a tad awkward and uncomfortable talking to Eric's mother about being with him. Granted, it is Salem and everyone seems to make the rounds. The mother is a psychiatrist so maybe she did not want a free session. Having had a couple kids and many affairs it does seem odd.

Eric does need to lighten up a bit. He has been pardoned and just needs to move on.

Deimos, shut up.

Nicole, not the best idea to see Chloe and beg and then say you will move to NYC. Not the best idea. and Chloe, why a restraining order? So what that you do not like Deimos?  You are lucky to have a large trust fund from Parker's father and well-off parents.

Perhaps realistically, there would have been a state-appointed social worker who could work with both women for X time to determine custody. Chloe may have gotten temporary custody or Holly would have been placed into a foster home until a proper decision could be made. Not just a one hour court appearance with no assessment of both women.

Gabi, you dumped JJ.  Not your business what he does. You are still wanting Chad. Good to see Dario about the family biz.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, JBC344 said:

How do you feel about Max and Chelsea?  I feel there was a little of that "Both girls are dating their uncle" talk/vibe, but with Max and Chelsea who are still together, it seems to have worked out without being too weird.

Max/Chelsea and Max/Stefanie were horrible and spat on history.  Max grew up as a Brady.  Max was such an integral part of the Steve/Kayla love story, just as much as Benji.   Steve's determination to keep Frankie and Max together as a family unit was so endearing and it really deepened the bond between him and Kayla.  It gave Steve layers.  Steve losing his  brother Billy  in the orphanage was really a part of the Steve/Kayla love story, even before he appeared on the scene as Jack Devereaux. 

Bo is Max's brother and dated his own niece. It probably would not have bothered me if Chelsea turned out to not be swamp baby Georgia.  If she had been some girl that Bo and Billie took in as a foster daughter.   I remember Max holding baby Stefanie and playing with her. It was jarring for me to see them date as adults.. Max was integrated into the Brady family as a Brady.  Then he disappeared and then came back as a young adult, barely out of his teens. He should have been  either younger than Carrie or the same age as her, but, definitely, older than Sami and Eric. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Hope was too sick to go to her own nephew's funeral, but not too sick to throw food around the house and have sex in the bathtub.

Yeah, Hope's not coming off as very likable right now.  Neither is Rafe, but that's no surprise.

• Love 5
22 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Oh yea, I had forgotten about Max with Chelsea.  Actually I sort of forgot about Chelsea altogether.  That's just as gross as she was yet another niece he was dating.  How does everyone feel about "Uncle Max" at Brady family Reunions?  He may not have been blood, but he was just as much family as the rest.

I think Steph stuck out more because she was a part of the Brady clan from birth and I would assume, grew up around Uncle Max at different times in her life before growing up and dating/ having sex with him.  Chelsea was a lot older before she knew she was part of the family, and she stuck around for a few years and apparently is off with Billie or whatever.  Or did she go off with him?  If so, eww.  

But I guess it's kind of like Julie marrying her late mother's husband who is the father of her sister.  Or all the couples who have slept with people their parent/child/sibling also slept with.  But within the same family, sleeping with an uncle, adoptive or not, just always squicked me out a bit...

• Love 1

Max and Chelsea didn't bother me as much because Chelsea didn't find out that she was Brady until she was a teenager; so they didn't grow up together as uncle and niece (unlike Max and Stephanie).

49 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Hope was too sick to go to her own nephew's funeral, but not too sick to throw food around the house and have sex in the bathtub.

I didn't watch today, because I saw the spoiler that said Hope and Rafe would have a romantic night, and knew I couldn't stomach watching that.  

So 2 shows ago she had food poisoning and couldn't go to the funeral, but today she was well enough to be throwing food around with her lover.  And I don't even want to address the 2nd part of that sentence.  I really need a Hope break.  Funnily enough, I didn't despise Rafe yesterday in his Hope-less scenes.  

• Love 1
23 hours ago, LadyJaney said:

They are just wrecking the hell out of this story line.  Why can't they just let Nicole finally have a child of her own for pete's sake??  They even let Theresa have a kid.  Nic could be a mom and still be written as a bitch/flawed/whatever - worked for Sami for years.

Glad to see Hope recovered from her funeral allergy so quickly. (cue the sarcasm)  

Sorry, but I absolutely loathe fights that involve food/food ingredients.  I don't see them as fun, I see them as wasteful.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

I was thinking the same thing! U don't look too sick to me Hope. I don't care that Bo gave Rafe his blessing.....Hope looks really really bad to me now.

• Love 1

As sick as I am getting with this whole Holly custody story, I thought AZ was awesome today. I always appreciate it when actors/actresses "real" cry. AZ had the snot running out her nose and that cry where you can't talk and you can't fake that and it really brought me into it today. NB was good today too. Both of them made me feel it finally. Then we have the scene with her whining to Brady (again!) and the feeling was gone!

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, salvame said:

They are just wrecking the hell out of this story line.  Why can't they just let Nicole finally have a child of her own for pete's sake??  They even let Theresa have a kid.  Nic could be a mom and still be written as a bitch/flawed/whatever - worked for Sami for years.

At this point, Chloe deserves whatever she gets by the time this story ends.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, LadyJaney said:

Oh yea, I had forgotten about Max with Chelsea.  Actually I sort of forgot about Chelsea altogether.  That's just as gross as she was yet another niece he was dating.  How does everyone feel about "Uncle Max" at Brady family Reunions?  He may not have been blood, but he was just as much family as the rest.

I think Steph stuck out more because she was a part of the Brady clan from birth and I would assume, grew up around Uncle Max at different times in her life before growing up and dating/ having sex with him.  Chelsea was a lot older before she knew she was part of the family, and she stuck around for a few years and apparently is off with Billie or whatever.  Or did she go off with him?  If so, eww.  

But I guess it's kind of like Julie marrying her late mother's husband who is the father of her sister.  Or all the couples who have slept with people their parent/child/sibling also slept with.  But within the same family, sleeping with an uncle, adoptive or not, just always squicked me out a bit...

Good point about Stefanie "growing up" at least knowing about Max.  Yes, Chelsea and Max are still together and they live in London with Billie.

On 2/27/2017 at 4:04 PM, Kitty Redstone said:

Also, JJ is a dick

Yes. he got that promotion a little while ago. That's why he's not in uniform.

20 minutes ago, Prairiemakeup said:

Felicia, Linda Dano, on Another World was the best cryer!

Now you've gone and made me nostalgic for Felicia and Cass! Soaps just don't DO platonic friendships like that anymore!

• Love 5

I'm hoping Chloe gets hit by a bus or a garbage truck or a pizza delivery guy real soon, and I hope whichever it is, they hit reverse and do it again.  Can't happen soon enough for me.

I was never a Chloe fan but now....wow, she's as big a pain in the ass as Daniel was.

• Love 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, Prairiemakeup said:

Cupcake04, I totally agree about the real crying, snot and all! Felicia, Linda Dano, on Another World was the best cryer!

Judi Evans, who played Paulina Cory Carlino on Another World and who plays Adrienne here, was a masterful cryer in the last few weeks of AW. Her character was finding out that the ex-con who she thought was her long abandoned baby was actually just scamming her the entire time and letting her take the rap for a murder he committed ...and she was pretty much holding back tears everyday for several weeks during her trial. When the truth finally came out and Paulina confronted con-man Tito it was absolutely gut-wrenching. She had grown to love him, but he had played her and driven a wedge between her and her husband and nearly had her sacrifice herself for absolutely no reason. Judi just slayed it - her face was a river of tears of rage and desperation and grief. The snot flowed freely and I just don't know how she managed to get through all those weeks of shooting without coming down with some major cold or flu from the emotional exhaustion.

And then the show had its final episode about three weeks later, because apparently Passions just absolutely needed to happen. *glare*

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 4

I tend to get a case of food poisoning or nororvirus every 12-18 months. Usually takes me about a day or so to not feel putrid and then three days of eating bland food like chicken and rice before I feel better. Not glasses of wine and playing around in the tub. It's also not cool to throw flour around, especially if it hits the floor. A slip and fall just waiting to happen. I did FF through Rafe and Hope. Don't care about them at all. Both just seemed to project a smug superiority.

I get it, Chloe, you don't like Deimos. There wasn't any need for any restraining order - you are acting badly and despicably to your now probably former friend. Who are you to be judge and jury on your friend? Maybe send her to Marlena to hypnotize and erase any memory of the baby.

Jade's father shows up sick - with cirrhosis of the liver? And needs a transplant? Wife left him and now all he has is Jadey? Talk about family guilt.

Deimos, you can't make someone fall in love with you. People do have a choice. Maybe you should find a fortuneteller who can take your money and cast a fake spell so Nicole will come back to you. All about possession and control for you.

• Love 4

something like that. Apparently his wife also just left him. I like Real Andrews, but I don't know how I am supposed to summon up interest for this character who we barely know and has done nothing likeable so far. and I did not like the previous Jade and this recast seems like a new character, so I'm not sure what they're going for here.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, annabel said:

not only are food fights wasteful, afterwards you have to clean up all that mess. Anyone who started throwing food around my kitchen would promptly be escorted out.

I winced more when she pulled him into the bathtub-- having to clean up all that water on the floor, dealing with his soaked clothes, not to mention she almost took out the two full glasses of red wine. My eye was twitching just a bit...

• Love 3

Anne!

Then Nicole talks about st Dan again only 13 minutes in. I'm confused.  Nicole isn't doing well with the dan scenes but is she still in a relationship and trying to promote him? 

Make Anne and Lucas a thing please. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Am I agreeing with Jennifer? Quick someone - hand me a drink. Or ten.

I really hope this marks a turning point in Sullen Eric's arc because I'm officially over his moping and need to see another emotion from him if I'm going to continue watching this.

Interesting that all of his notes have been to Nicole. I thought the show had given up on them as a couple and now there's a glimmer of hope again. I personally think Nicole's anger has more to do with the fact that Eric dumped her and she never got over that and still secretly wants him. It's just easier to hate him now that Dan is dead and he was somehow involved. Considering how obsessed Nicole was with Eric for almost two and a half years when he returned as a priest, it's easier for me to see all of her wailing about Daniel as transference. She wants Eric bad and can't deal with that. And from these letters today I gather that Eric and all of his overdramatic guilt has something to do with still loving Nicole. At least that's how I'm choosing to see it.

(If these two don't end up making passionate PG-13 love on this show again before it's cancelled it will be a crime.)

The DiMansion is back! And they gave it a fresh coat of paint, but kept those ugly wall sconces? They're on the same wall as the portrait of Stefano (it's back!). Are they supposed to be candle holders or plant holders? They've been there forever and they're ugly as sin. I hate them. But it's still nice to see the actual mansion.

If Anne had her wingwoman Theresa around, she wouldn't have jumped the gun in such a boneheaded way. Poor thing. Now that I think about it, it makes perfect sense that she would want Lucas because she and Theresa were always chasing after rich businessmen whenever they went clubbing. I'm still not entirely sold on their chemistry however. I do like the narrative potential of Anne chasing after her enemy's brother though (watch them squander it).

Speaking of Jennifer, I'm also extremely weirded out by Abigail being nice and likable with her husband and actually useful for a change. And we suddenly have Brady advocating for Eric to boot? What Bizarro Universe of this show are we in? Characters who are normally idiots are suddenly making sense...

... except for Nicole, who is now officially the dumbest person in town. Could you be any more hateful towards Eric? Could you be any less respectful of Brady's broken heart (let him deal with losing Theresa)? Could you hurt your best friend any worse? There is so much stupid going on in her storyline right now I don't know where to start.

At the very least, I would think that Nicole would trust Chloe to do a good job with Holly for the first few months of her life until such time that Nicole can prove herself to be Miss Wonderful to the courts. What would that take? Her moving out from the Kiriakis Mansion, getting a restraining order against Deimos see if he fails to get the hint, maybe working a good job and volunteering her time within the community so someone can at least go to court and vouch for her? Holly wouldn't exist without Chloe so if for no other reason than that, Nicole should trust that Chloe and her parents will take good care of her daughter even though she thinks it's unfair to be kept from her.

All of the writing for the last few weeks has been to justify Nicole kidnapping her baby and going on the lam and it is painfully transparent. This is the kind of writing I hate. These friends could have easily worked it all out weeks ago. And until charges have been laid against Deimos I don't understand why the court would take it seriously that Chloe sees him as a threat. It's a shame Phillip wasn't brought back to the show for the hearing or to lay charges against his uncle. Or is it that everybody who has dirt on Deimos is also being blackmailed by him? I can't keep track of all of the crap he's pulled.

Anyway this was a pretty good episode. Hopefully March continues to keep the focus on the relationships instead of the stunts. Also, given how direct Anne was today I don't see how Lucas could shrug off her advances. How long until Adrienne and Jennifer hear about the kiss?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, boes said:

I'm hoping Chloe gets hit by a bus or a garbage truck or a pizza delivery guy real soon, and I hope whichever it is, they hit reverse and do it again.  Can't happen soon enough for me.

I was never a Chloe fan but now....wow, she's as big a pain in the ass as Daniel was.

NB is a pretty woman but can't act to save her life. This show is better off without her.

• Love 4

So Deimos is giving his thug carte blanche to murder Chloe.

I would love it if Anne and Lucas got together. I want to see Anne go sky diving.  That would be awesome.

God, Eric, why don't you just kill yourself and put is all out of your misery?

• Love 3

I would also enjoy enjoy seeing Anne and Lucas skydive but we should probably add it to the list of scenes that take place off camera because this show has no budget. We also will not see Abigail and Gabi belly dancing, the same way we didn't see Anne go to this bakery we've never heard of to buy cookies for Lucas , same way we didn't see Eve and Brady take Tate to the mall Santa in December...etc, etc...

Part of me likes it when the show tries to suggest these characters do other things, but if we can't see them then what's the point? It's getting to the point now where the stuff happening off camera is more intriguing than the stuff happening on camera (Sami, Theresa...I'm looking at you...)

• Love 1
19 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Judi Evans, who played Paulina Cory Carlino on Another World and who plays Adrienne here, was a masterful cryer in the last few weeks of AW. Her character was finding out that the ex-con who she thought was her long abandoned baby was actually just scamming her the entire time and letting her take the rap for a murder he committed ...and she was pretty much holding back tears everyday for several weeks during her trial. When the truth finally came out and Paulina confronted con-man Tito it was absolutely gut-wrenching. She had grown to love him, but he had played her and driven a wedge between her and her husband and nearly had her sacrifice herself for absolutely no reason. Judi just slayed it - her face was a river of tears of rage and desperation and grief. The snot flowed freely and I just don't know how she managed to get through all those weeks of shooting without coming down with some major cold or flu from the emotional exhaustion.

And then the show had its final episode about three weeks later, because apparently Passions just absolutely needed to happen. *glare*

OMG u guys are fellow AW fans!!!!!. I feel soooo at home here now!!!!! I started watching Days bacin in the early 80's during the whole Bo/Hope/Larry Welch storyline.. Then I started watching AW too and that became "my show." Ryan/Vicky still may fave supercouple.. Anyways.....when they canx my belived AW for those shit-shows Passions and Sunset Beach, I vowed to never ever watch NBC daytime again so on June 25, 1999, when AW aired the last episode, I never watched Days again......until the 50th anniversay.....Bo, Patch, Kayla lured me back, what can I say? lol 

Funny you ahould bring up Judi cuz during her recent cancer diagnosis episodes when she was crying I was thinking she is still such a great crier and hasn't lost a thing since her Paulina Cory days!!! She is by far the best crier on daytime. I would even say she is tied with the Queen of criers Judith Light.

I am done with my thread hi-jack! Thanks for indulging me!

• Love 1

Everytime I hear any of our cowboy chorus refer to "the families" I laugh - just a little, but still, every time.  Especially when it's Dario.  The Hernandez "family" consists of him and his father.  Now, the DiMera family isn't any better, considering it's just Chad and Crazy Andre but at least they have decades behind them.  And while the Kiriakis clan has more members....Sonny as a mobster, really, Show?  Between him and Dario, it's like two of the Teletubbies went rogue.  They've gotta get another schtick because this one ain't working.  The Corleone's, they're not, any of them.

Dario may be the worst.  That eternal pout of his makes me think he needs to be changed, and soon.

Lucas hit the jackpot today, raisin oatmeal cookies AND Ann!  

Too bad someone didn't chloroform Chloe ages ago.  I was hoping Nicole would draw a moustache on her and shave her eyebrows while she was out cold.

The new Abby is so much better than the old one - and even Jenn is better than I remember her being in about a decade. 

What a mess Show made with Vincent Irizzary and the Deimos character.  I had hopes but not anymore.

• Love 8