Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

911 does call you back if you hang up. I know from personal experience. I accidentally dialled a shortened work number that had 911 in it and I hung up not even a half second after I realized I was accidentally calling 911. And then you have to explain why you called 911. I didn't. I called my work number and the call didn't connect properly.

Drew Donovan the key? Thought it was Jen just seeing a bearded, scruffy version of Shane at first. The Barnabas Collins scene would have been a hoot. Yes, Jen, there may be a story, but you are very rusty at investigative reporting. The Orwell Project sounds very interesting and it is the sort of tech the DiMeras would invent.

Gabi, you were an idiot to break in to Deimos' safe.

Chloe, you probably shouldn't be nursing a baby that isn't yours.

Nicole, you are seeing Deimos for who he really is. He is showing you who he is and telling you who he is. Believe it. If you don't like it, run. He will not change.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Nicole, you are seeing Deimos for who he really is. He is showing you who he is and telling you who he is. Believe it. If you don't like it, run. He will not change.

She did, and just after flat-out telling him that that was what she was going to do.

• Love 4

and he did not look happy about that, so be very very careful Nicole. Deimos does not seem like a guy you want to cross. but also, do not stay with someone you no longer like or trust. maybe you could get yourself get sent back to jail for a bit

• Love 5

Chloe has sank into a new low. The only reason she seems to want to nurse the baby is because it will bond them and therefore make it more difficult to separate them if, and when, the time comes. It is just a plan to earn sympathy points for herself in the eyes of a judge. Why wasnt she asking for meds for her milk before now? Because Nicole didnt know the truth and she was free and clear to keep the baby. She is obsessed with the offspring of the sainted Daniel. She knows that Holly will be the jewel of Salem due to Daniel's death and the fact that the conception happened afterwards. 

I have missed Jennifer in reporter mode. She is getting into dangerous situations for a story like the Jennifer from long ago. Please writers, keep this going!

Wow Nicole! How does it feel to have eyes that see and ears that hear reality? Now, stay true to the words that you spoke to Deimos, and kick him to the curb!

I cannot believe that I am saying this, but I am actually not irritated beyond belief when Abigail is on my screen anymore. Miracles do happen!

• Love 5

Deimos has officially reached cartoon villein status and he's never coming back. Seriously, what the fuck was Dena smoking when she wrote these episodes? This writing makes it seem like he's about to be the star of his very on whodunit murder mystery...except I'm almost certain he won't be killed off, so what was Dena planning to do with him after this?

Looks like Kate and Eduardo may be moving back together again.

I don't understand why Chloe went full on nuclear when Nicole already told her she's considering leaving Deimos.

Funny how Officer JJ would probably be the only person to be able to identify Gabi's locket.

27 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

I don't understand why Chloe went full on nuclear when Nicole already told her she's considering leaving Deimos.

My guess is that there goes her best, most convenient excuse to hold onto Holly.  Now that Nicole is more than likely going to be dropping Deimos, she has no reason to keep her from her mother.  So now she has no more leverage.

• Love 5

Just another reason to shit on Chloe.  For the life of me I really don't know why they "hate" her character.  Nadia has been a really great cheerleader for this show and is always willing to come back for whatever ridiculous storyline they throw at her. 

Seriously, does anyone in the writer's room actually like this character?  Every time they bring her back they make her character more ridiculous than the last time.  For a character who has been on the show since being a teenager it is incredibly disrespectful.  Chloe's saving grace over the last ten years on the show has been her friendship with Nicole.  To go from enemy's to best friends was done in a really great interesting way, and now they are on their way to destroying that friendship.

Seriously, outside of Chad and Sonny, I find that it is the women's friendships that are the ones that seem to take the hits for storyline purposes. 

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

Seriously, outside of Chad and Sonny, I find that it is the women's friendships that are the ones that seem to take the hits for storyline purposes. 

Are there any male friendships left besides Sonny/Chad? 

I gave up this show a few years ago because it felt like every episode consisted of people just sitting around talking about the same amazingly boring relationship issues over and over - and usually not even with the person they were in the relationship with. I caught the three most recent episodes and am excited to see how good it's gotten! Good by my weird standards :) Nearly everyone's a little crazy in mostly amusing ways, there's actual action and story instead of just a series of circular conversations that go nowhere, and a lot of the dialogue is sharper and smarter than it used to be. Even Abigail and Jennifer seem to be boring and bothering me less than they used to - at least so far! 

I was especially excited to see Kate again today. I always loved her for some reason. 

Edited by whateverhappened
  • Love 3
52 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

Are there any male friendships left besides Sonny/Chad? 

Roman and Abe

John and Abe

Roman, John, Steve, Abe, Shane

Any variation involving any of the older men.  Not to make it a sexist thing but I never find them reducing the men especially the older ones to complete silliness the way they sometimes do with Chloe and Nicole.  It's like the writers take the steady, good trait that is their friendship and decide that the only way to give either a storyline is to mess with that.  They did it with Daniel and it made even less sense then.  Now they are doing it for Deimos, another male character.   I think overall I'm just so sick of the constant "untrue" trope that the only way to create interesting storylines is to have characters always in conflict with one another.  That is incredibly lazy storytelling.  I would much rather have Chloe and Nicole do what Abigail and Gabi are currently doing is to put their friendship first and work on making things better for their families. 

• Love 2

Chloe, you can't really manage one kid, much less two. Stop goading and manipulating Nicole. And getting the cops involved over your own machinations and stupidity. This probably won't end well for either of you two and will cost you any friendship you have. You may never like a dude that Nicole has any sort of relationship with. Stop putting this kid on the altar of Daniel. He must have been a very wealthy doctor to give a trust fund to support you, Parker, and Holly. Put the interests of Holly first and get over your jealousy and judgment.

I did enjoy Gabi handing over the car keys to Deimos. Uh, Deimos, Gabi doesn't know much. And neither does Chad. Time alone cramped in some storage locker will just make them bond, and maybe send Abs over the edge.

I do wonder who Camilla is and if she is someone that we know who is living in Salem. The whole Drew thing seems to be some bad plot device. Yep, coders are a dime a dozen now.

• Love 2
On 2/2/2017 at 1:17 PM, worleybird said:

When Jennifer was opening the wooden crate with the crowbar, I was hoping a hand with an onyx ring on its index finger would appear and start choking her. And it would be...Barnabas Collins!!! (If Reilly were headwriter it might have been!!)

"Dark Days Of Our Lives", a spin-off available on NetFlix! The Undead DiMeras invade Salem! It wouldn't have to be very much different.

• Love 2

Chloe needs to make an appointment with Marlena when Marlena returns. She is nuts! It is as if she is purposely toying with Nicole and trying to make her look bad. That entire scene with her getting the cop on Nicole was crazy. All Nicole did was ask her if she could hold HER baby.

Will somebody please shoot Deimos!

• Love 3
On 2/2/2017 at 3:08 PM, LeftPhalange said:

How does breast feeding normally work when a surrogate is used? Chloe gave birth to Holly so her body will be the one producing milk, not Nicole. If Holly is going to be nursed wouldn't Chloe have to do it?

I would think that if they wanted to use breast milk instead of formula, the birth mother would pump and the other parents would use that milk in a bottle.

23 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I did enjoy Gabi handing over the car keys to Deimos. Uh, Deimos, Gabi doesn't know much. And neither does Chad.

Me too. I literally lol at that point. :D

Gabi can definitely do comedy and I'm pretty sure L P figured out Chloe was nursing.  I don't care much about Orwell but the concept's a throwback at least and people are working together so it's something fun as it's wrapping up.  Glad to hear deimos is leaving "for good " but at least it's a welcomed spoiler. Poodle Shane  is ok for now.  Don't give a Danny about Camilla. I tthought it really rotten Shane left the Scooby crew out there without info.  

...what's this about Deimos?

I was just wondering to myself why they bothered to reconstruct the Saint Luke's set for November if practically nothing happened there. We had the aborted Lucas/Adrienne wedding that practically no one attended and a few scenes with Theresa. Other than that it hasn't been put to much use. I figured if it was back up there would be a funeral or at least some Christmas scenes but so far...nada. do you think they rewrote things or scrapped footage to take storylines in a different direction?

On February 2, 2017 at 2:08 PM, LeftPhalange said:

How does breast feeding normally work when a surrogate is used? Chloe gave birth to Holly so her body will be the one producing milk, not Nicole. If Holly is going to be nursed wouldn't Chloe have to do it?

I would expect a criminal family to keep a more secure safe at their home. For shame, Victor. 

I just can't with Nicole. I'm glad it appears she's finally wising up to what a piece of shit Deimos is, but really, why is she so shocked that he would put hits on Andre and Dario? She may not know about every bad thing he's done but she knows enough to know he's psychotic. 

I'm having trouble keeping up with this Orwell thing. So Drew created it and then Andre stole it? Ed and Dario partnered with Deimos for some reason and stole the device from Andre. Then Deimos double crossed them and stole it? And they need Drew because he's the "key" to making the device work?

But wait a minute here.  Dario put a hit on Deimos, which caused Nicole to stupidly stab a hitman and now be on trial for attempted murder.  So her finding Dario and being all weepy and upset was a lot weird to me.  He put the hit on her fiancé which caused her to commit a felony.  I get that she would be human and call 911, but being all weepy about, oh, did Deimos do this to you?  She should have said, oh did Deimos do this to you, like you did to him, and caused me to be up for attempted murder charges?  This entire thing makes no sense to me. This entire thing is also jeopardizing her chance to get her daughter...

Which is why Deimos should not have done either of these things.  That's what she should be pissed off about.

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, bannana said:

But wait a minute here.  Dario put a hit on Deimos, which caused Nicole to stupidly stab a hitman and now be on trial for attempted murder.  So her finding Dario and being all weepy and upset was a lot weird to me.  He put the hit on her fiancé which caused her to commit a felony.  I get that she would be human and call 911, but being all weepy about, oh, did Deimos do this to you?  She should have said, oh did Deimos do this to you, like you did to him, and caused me to be up for attempted murder charges?  This entire thing makes no sense to me. This entire thing is also jeopardizing her chance to get her daughter...

Which is why Deimos should not have done either of these things.  That's what she should be pissed off about.

Especially considering Eric is dead to her because he was accidentally responsible for Dan the Tan Man's death and she has hated him ever since.

But that was Saint Daniel.

• Love 3

I'm only half-watching these days, if that.  

I did chuckle at the Drew scenes with Jennifer. Not so much at the storyline, but that CS looked to be having fun playing this over-the-top character. 

Not sure which team the show wants viewers to be on, but I'm team Chloe.  At least her motive for keeping Holly is to keep her away from Deimos, who is getting more "evil" every day.  Meanwhile Nicole is getting more stupid every day she stays with this "evil" man that fell for her because she looked like his long-dead love.  And it's even more stupid for Nicole to stay with Deimos, when she keeps crying about losing her most perfect, true love.  I miss the Nicole who wandered around Salem talking to herself. I even miss the Nicole who kept having cat-fights with Serena, and I hated the elephant storyline.

I wish Drake could have been around for the Prague storyline. Paul, as a John fill-in, is just not working for me. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, buffynut said:

Not sure which team the show wants viewers to be on, but I'm team Chloe.  At least her motive for keeping Holly is to keep her away from Deimos, who is getting more "evil" every day.  Meanwhile Nicole is getting more stupid every day she stays with this "evil" man that fell for her because she looked like his long-dead love.  And it's even more stupid for Nicole to stay with Deimos, when she keeps crying about losing her most perfect, true love.  I miss the Nicole who wandered around Salem talking to herself. I even miss the Nicole who kept having cat-fights with Serena, and I hated the elephant storyline.

Deimos makes Nicole look so, so, so bad. Say what you will about her relationship with Dan but I never thought she degraded herself to this extent while with him. I said earlier that Deimos could punch her in the face and she would say she deserved it and I believe that even more now. She's nauseating to watch. She wasn't even this sad and pathetic when she destroyed those documents and was harassing Eric about having sex with her,

And if the writers want us to believe Nicole is super in love with this asshole why do they keep having her crying over Dan and having dreams about him? She's clearly not over him and shouldn't be involved with Deimos or anyone else right now.

1 hour ago, buffynut said:

I wish Drake could have been around for the Prague storyline. Paul, as a John fill-in, is just not working for me. 

I'm irritated that Sparkle Paul will be around for Stefano's take down but not John, Hope murdering Stefano was bad but Dena should've just stuck with it because she's incapable of fixing it without making things worse. This fake Prague stuff is incredibly lame. 

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

Deimos makes Nicole look so, so, so bad. Say what you will about her relationship with Dan but I never thought she degraded herself to this extent while with him. I said earlier that Deimos could punch her in the face and she would say she deserved it and I believe that even more now. She's nauseating to watch. She wasn't even this sad and pathetic when she destroyed those documents and was harassing Eric about having sex with her,

And if the writers want us to believe Nicole is super in love with this asshole why do they keep having her crying over Dan and having dreams about him? She's clearly not over him and shouldn't be involved with Deimos or anyone else right now.

I'm irritated that Sparkle Paul will be around for Stefano's take down but not John, Hope murdering Stefano was bad but Dena should've just stuck with it because she's incapable of fixing it without making things worse. This fake Prague stuff is incredibly lame. 

I was trying to figure out why I am so disgusted by Nicole in this storyline, she certainly has done far worse things, like Eric storyline you mention, framing Jen for murdering her unborn baby, stealing Sidney, etc.  But she really is just not believable at all in this story.  I don't buy that she is so in love with Deimos, I don't buy that she would've stabbed random unarmed guy.  Or that she would stay with Deimos at the risk of losing her baby.  So much of this is ridiculous.

• Love 4

If only Prague's pedigreed elite can get into this masked ball, how did Stefano/Rodolfo get a ticket?

Why does Hope think Hattie got her out of jail?  I thought she was blaming the other two women who stabbed her?

I was very confused until I realized that the Stefano scene was a flashback.

Dammit, Claire is NOT Ciara's BFF, she's her niece!

Jeez, they keep talking about John like he's dead.

How does one just wander into the hospital room of a prisoner?

Hattie isn't a very good liar.  :)

Crying, whining doormat is not an attractive look for Nicole or anybody.  I'll take lying, scheming, criminal Nicole over the current version any day.  I still think Sami, Kate and Nicole should have gotten their own show.

The plots are stupid, therefore, the characters have to be idiots in order for the SLs to move along.

• Love 2

For such a fancy ball, why do Marlena and Kayla look dressed for a Salem party?  I would think the elite would be wearing Valentino, Versace, Gucci, Givenchy, etc. Maybe it's a not so fancy ball. Or with budget cuts worldwide, less extravagant gowns. And where did the men get a tux so fast?

Prague should be a bit chilly and folks would be wearing winter coats. With temps being in the 3C weather, a light coat wouldn't work unless the Salemites maybe lived in Canada and 3C is barbecue weather! The Czechs would certainly have some sort of parka or other warm cloth coat.

Hope is stupid and will probably get caught. Helping Hattie can wait a bit.

Ciara, it's not like Theo and Claire are engaged. Things can change. You just want what you don't have. You threw Theo away, wanting a bad boy.

Sonny looked very attractive. His kiss with Paul looked lame.

• Love 4

I tried to watch today but I couldn't make it past Sparkle and Sonny's painful meeting at the hotel.  Yeah, I know it was supposed to be sweet or sexy or something and both of them smiled - can Sparkle do anything BESIDES smile?, and Sonny looked like an altar boy who just got ....oh hell, I dunno, something, but those two are not......well, they're just not.

And I see everyone is STILL in Prague and Hope is still covered with that comforter and Ciara still can't act.

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, boes said:

I tried to watch today but I couldn't make it past Sparkle and Sonny's painful meeting at the hotel.  Yeah, I know it was supposed to be sweet or sexy or something and both of them smiled - can Sparkle do anything BESIDES smile?, and Sonny looked like an altar boy who just got ....oh hell, I dunno, something, but those two are not......well, they're just not.

And I see everyone is STILL in Prague and Hope is still covered with that comforter and Ciara still can't act.

The one thing I enjoyed today was the flashbacks to Marlena and Stefano, I am guessing back to the 80s, maybe early 90s?  I didn't watch back then so I love all of these flashbacks.  As far as present day, it was a pretty lame episode.  I did like Julie chatting with Ciara, but it is so odd because Ciara is annoyed with her best friend/niece, and of course that means that Claire is also related to Doug and Julie.  Strange how they only sometimes acknowledge that.  Isn't Claire Doug's great-granddaughter?  And Julie's grandniece?

• Love 2
7 hours ago, boes said:

and Hope is still covered with that comforter 

Later on in the show Hope ditched the comforter and snuck out of the cabin and miraculously found her way to Hattie's hospital room.  Along the way she found herself a disguise, including doctor's surgery gown and cap, and big-ole campy glasses.  She also found a picture of Andre which proved he was Hattie's "snake". And of course just before she was about to exit Hattie's room, the super-cop hunting her arrives to question Hattie about Hope hiding place.  Hattie sputters that she doesn't know anything, as Hope faces away from them, hidden in plain sight.  

There was also a lengthy flashback of Marlena and Stefano from one of the times he was holding her as his prisoner.

• Love 1

Why is the ISA allowing civilians Sonny, Sparkle, and Kayla to be involved in a mission to capture international criminal Stefano? The first two are especially glaring since Sparkle is supposedly a world famous former baseball player and Sonny is just some guy from Salem who occasionally kisses him. At least Steve is a former agent, Rafe is a cop and former fed, and Marlena is being used as bait. 

I'm over Nicole and her stupidity. 

STFU Hope.

• Love 1

When does Nicole have the time to get her hairstyle changed every day?

Hattie is a Mrs. Adams?

Man, Raines is a total asshole.

Is this really the first time Rafe has gone under cover when it was personal?  What about when he was protecting Sami?

"The doorman's a tool."  LOL

Dammit, Nicole, you're a doormat.

They really couldn't come up with some less familiar waltzes, huh?

John Aniston isn't looking very healthy.

Why would Eric picking up a picture of Hope and her family be all that dramatic?  That cop wasn't going to take that.

Jeez, Marlena, stupid much?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

Why would Eric picking up a picture of Hope and her family be all that dramatic?  That cop wasn't going to take that.

If Raines saw the picture he would assume it belonged to Hope and that she had been hiding out there. 

• Love 1

If nothing else, I at least cheered when Marlena told Rafe that his behavior and attitude could give them all away.  And I very much laughed when she told him to stop acting like a little girl.

. . . Yeah.  That's all I've got for today's episode.

Edited by Jabu
  • Love 8

So Eric has a photo of his Aunt Hope and her kids. So what. He probably has other photos of all his family.

Maybe I get Prague confused with Vienna or Salzburg but that ballroom seemed really dingy. I was expecting a glorious venue with windows and chandeliers - I must live in the Sound of Music. Marlena was pretty stupid except for when she told Rafe off. She may need to have a chat with Hope about her prospective manchild boyfriend.

Nicole's hair looked better but she really needs to stand up for herself and be smart.

Raines, really?

• Love 2

Sonny 's face looks just like Burt ward's robin in the mask.  Kayla sure loves the black and white.  She's previously resembled a nun but the party dress is right out of being a casual hostess in Mary Tyler Moore's mMinneapolis apartment. And I love Steve and Kayla. I love that he's letting his hair go grey. I forgot to mention the crappie music between sonnysparkle yuk.

Damn Nicole you just "decide" to forgive d eimos as if neglecting to report his confessed crimes is ok. I'm done with her not dumping him for her baby.  As much as I love Jen Lilly Nicole has great chemistry with Brady 

• Love 2

The high-end soiree that is supposed to be Prague's version of the Met Ball looks like a condo open house the realtor organized for Halloween afternoon. On the positive side Kayla's eyes really pop from behind her mask. Marlena's ability to stay on task is a little troubling. I hope she doesn't swallow her earpiece thinking it's a mint.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, BingeyKohan said:

The high-end soiree that is supposed to be Prague's version of the Met Ball looks like a condo open house the realtor organized for Halloween afternoon. 

The Prague sets look like they were assembled from stuff bought on sale from Kmart. 

• Love 7

Gee, Raines, you never thought of the consequences of shooting a gun into the air?  Where is the bullet supposed to land?

Is Jennifer lying about communicating with Camilla?

Isn't the hospital where Hattie is staying in a different city from Salem?  I thought they mentioned that.  So what gives Raines jurisdiction to call for police in this other town to do anything?  And even if they were in Salem, what authority does he have to comandeer the entire Salem PD?

Why would it be so difficult for Jennifer to get Drew inside the Titan building?  All she has to do is talk to Nicole or Brady, they're friends.

That whole Paul and Sonny not dancing thing was ridiculous.  Dance, dammit!

Why are they giving us LONG flashbacks from scenes we saw just a few days ago?

I don't believe for a minute that they really have The Phoenix.

Hope was lucky that Eric swung by with his car just in time to rescue her. Raines probably would be out of jurisdiction in Brookville or Brookfield or whatever it is called.

The whole masked ball seemed very tiny. Tickets must have been expensive to accommodate only that exclusive bunch, which included Sonny and Austin Reed. The Kiriakis name may have encouraged the availability of extra tickets or folks who simply did not RSVP for such a lame event.

Drew can simply pretend he is Shane Donovan in disguise and easily get in to Titan.

On a realistic note, is there a bathroom or bucket or something for Chad and Gabi. I know I would not be able to hold it for 14 hours or whatever.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Hope was lucky that Eric swung by with his car just in time to rescue her. Raines probably would be out of jurisdiction in Brookville or Brookfield or whatever it is called.

Brookville.  It's been called Brookville for years.

• Love 2

It was nice to see Joe one last time, but sad too seeing him just sitting there and not speaking.  Over on the other site someone said that his scenes were taped in April 2016 and that the scenes with Marlena, Anna & Rafe, were taped in Aug 2016.

• Love 4