Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Bo took Caroline to CA and then went off on a mission.  BUT he didn't intend to be gone this long and he didn't write the letter to Hope saying he wasn't returning.  She was angry he went and angry when he extended, and she had a right to be.  But I think Bo has a legitimate objection that Hope, Roman, Kayla, John etc should have known that a permanent break was out of character and they should have looked for him.  As Theresa said, before she came to Salem she hadn't met anyone who returned from the dead before.  If you live in Salem, that happens all the time and I would find it more entertaining if they just acknowledged that nothing is as it seems.

Caroline's outfit looked better worn over a hospital johnny.

• Love 6

Lol, the only time that I hated Alice.  She turned on Billie so quick.  It seemed very refreshing and in character for her to embrace Billie and be happy that Bo and Shawn D had found her and made a family.  When Gina showed up, not even Hope, Billie became dead to her.

I had no problem with Alice doing that.  As much as she liked Billie, Hope is her grandchild--it would have been hideously wrong for her to side with Billie over her own family.

The actress playing new Ciara is so painfully bad, she's making Kate Mansi look good.  That does not bode well for us.

I can't wait to see how everything unfolds today, particularly if Bo and Steve's epic journey back to Salem is almost over--DAMN!

• Love 4

I had no problem with Alice doing that.  As much as she liked Billie, Hope is her grandchild--it would have been hideously wrong for her to side with Billie over her own family.

The actress playing new Ciara is so painfully bad, she's making Kate Mansi look good.  That does not bode well for us.

I can't wait to see how everything unfolds today, particularly if Bo and Steve's epic journey back to Salem is almost over--DAMN!

I think the sticking point is that she didn't pick Hope over Billie, she picked "Gina" over Billie.  Hope didn't have her memories back then and as Gina she was a completely different person, one in which Bo had no interest in, outside of the fact that she looked like Hope.

I don't think anyone is surprised that Alice picked family over non-family.  Considering that it is Alice, there should have been a lot more nuance over the situation than "Hey Bo, your dead wife is back in town and even though she is a completely different person, one in which you are not compatible with, you should immediately dump your loving fiancée (whom you are far more compatible with) and get together with this stranger who may or may not ever remember being Hope."

I think her lack of empathy for Billie was a little cruel. 

• Love 3

I don't think that she was being cruel to Billie..I  think that she knew that Gina was Hope and she never gave up on her beloved Granddaughter regaining her memories...She was the one that went and got that music box and encouraged her to open it....Alice wanted Hope back...Bo was completely in denial about Gina being Hope..Billie knew from the moment that John brought an unconscious Hope into Maison Blanche that her relationship with Bo was over. It was inevitable.....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

Bo took Caroline to CA and then went off on a mission.  BUT he didn't intend to be gone this long and he didn't write the letter to Hope saying he wasn't returning.  She was angry he went and angry when he extended, and she had a right to be.  But I think Bo has a legitimate objection that Hope, Roman, Kayla, John etc should have known that a permanent break was out of character and they should have looked for him.  As Theresa said, before she came to Salem she hadn't met anyone who returned from the dead before.  If you live in Salem, that happens all the time and I would find it more entertaining if they just acknowledged that nothing is as it seems.

Caroline's outfit looked better worn over a hospital johnny.

Oh, I completely agree with you there.  They should of definitely been suspicious about Bo's "I'm never coming back".  I think this is an issue of the writing being clunky.  Maybe because of the lapse between old writers and new writers.  Up until that point the premise was that Bo was briefly communicating with Hope, who was growing more frustrated, and didn't seem to be coming home anytime soon.  Up until that point, Hope divorcing Bo was about him picking his "mission" over their marriage and her needing to move on.  Now it's become Bo has been kidnapped and he has always wanted to come home and values his marriage?

Are the writers trying to say that Bo has been trying to come home since before the divorce?  If the Bo kidnapping happened after the divorce than it doesn't necessarily negate Hope's actions with moving on.  I guess I'm confused on what they want us to believe.

• Love 5

I don't think that she was being cruel to Billie..I  think that she knew that Gina was Hope and she never gave up on her beloved Granddaughter regaining her memories...She was the one that went and got that music box and encouraged her to open it....Alice wanted Hope back...Bo was completely in denial about Gina being Hope..Billie knew from the moment that John brought an unconscious Hope into Maison Blanche that her relationship with Bo was over. It was inevitable.....

For me though it is the absence of "change", that I think is my issue with it. 

Alice wanted Gina and Bo together on the inevitable chance that she gets her memories back and is the "old Hope".  That to me is a lot to ask someone when she wasn't even Hope yet.  Not even discounting the idea that everything will just go back to normal.  These are people and feelings involved, it is not as simple as pulling Billie out and inserting Gina into the slot. 

I think there is a difference than having your dead granddaughter back and the excitement and elation from that, to expecting everyone to change their lives to accommodate this miracle.  As I said, for me it was the lack of empathy of "Oh wait, if Bo and Gina/Hope get together, aren't we perpetrating the same misfortune on Billie that was done to Hope by disrupting her life.  Yes, I know Hope's situation was much more extreme and nuanced.

I just thought that other characters handled the confliction much better than Alice did or should have.

I did not care for Jennifer's reaction to Gina, she was Pro-Billie and did not even  want to entertain the fact that Hope was alive...Hope and Jennifer were super close and her insistence that Hope was dead really bothered me...I have felt that Hope coming back from the dead should have been done with Carly in the mix....Bo and Carly were great together the first time...Hope coming back with Lawrence, Vivian and Nicholas in the mix could have been very interesting.....I could actually see Hope and Carly liking each other, despite their rivalry for Bo..What the show did to Carly, when she came back in 2011 was wrong on so many levels...The town having amnesia in regards to Carly, after everything that she had done for them was awful..I did not care for Kayla going after Carly the way that she did....

Edited by Apprentice79

I loved Gina and KA loved playing her too, wish she'd make a return. Gina and Robo John were much better characters than their counterparts.

I didn't mind Jennifer's reaction because Jennifer/Kristen/Billie were a great BFF trio, loved how they were written back then. They were all so close and bonded.

• Love 3

Today's episode?   One hell of a knock down, drag out fight!  I love that Hope fought back as valiantly as she did against Aiden and that she didn't ask any questions or react in a helpless damsel way.  Aiden was trying to kill her and she wasted no time in trying to stop him--that is a true soap heroine.

Did we see Joey get slipped drugs?  What is going on with this storyline?

I also massively appreciated both Maggie and Brady's stopping Victor from being mean to Theresa and calling her a bitch.  It's about damn time someone told him to knock that crap off.

• Love 11

Today's episode?   One hell of a knock down, drag out fight!  I love that Hope fought back as valiantly as she did against Aiden and that she didn't ask any questions or react in a helpless damsel way.  Aiden was trying to kill her and she wasted no time in trying to stop him--that is a true soap heroine.

I also massively appreciated both Maggie and Brady's stopping Victor from being mean to Theresa and calling her a bitch.  It's about damn time someone told him to knock that crap off.

Victor's apathy towards Theresa shows that he has never gotten over Kim's rejection all those years ago...I'm not happy about the writing for Theresa or Thrady, but I wish Theresa would call out Victor on what he did to Kim. He has no room to judge Theresa.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5

Sami all smiles, great, and instantly rattling on about EJ? What the heck, they should just soras her kids and let them come to Salem too since she doesn't care to see them and doesn't show anything sad days after Will's death.

Andre is totally one step ahead of her too, good for that.

Loved Hope/Aiden/Steve/Kayla and everything related to the strangling and fight. 

Caroline's telling Steve about the hospital "I blew the joint" cracked me up. 

I'm guessing who ever wrote Steve the note and left at the hospital, knew he'd be there for Joey and is the one that slipped him the drugs. Possible laced it on the can.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 4

Quick recap...

Hope had a "guilt dream" about Bo.

Theresa and Brady did it.

Steve got a threatening note. An "I will not be ignored" type.

Aiden had second thoughts for a second, then attacked Hope. She fought back and stabbed Aiden! Check the fight on You Tube.

• Love 2

Shouldn't Hope have a gun in easy reach?

And Bo can stfu with his ranting and raving.

She was getting it and Aiden knocked it out of her hands..Aiden's plan went awry. His blood was all over the room and on the wedding dress..Even if he did kill Hope, how was he going to explain it all...

• Love 5

She was getting it and Aiden knocked it out of her hands..Aiden's plan went awry. His blood was all over the room and on the wedding dress..Even if he did kill Hope, how was he going to explain it all...

Thanks, I missed that. I was folding 4676432 loads of laundry while I watched.

• Love 2

Anyone who marries Nicole and Kate has no right to judge.

Guess Aidan would just say he killed her in self defense.

• Love 1

Caroline still had her hospital gown on with her red and white dress on over it. "Blew the joint."  LOL.

Bo needs to take several seats with all of the ranting.

Once again, with the damn loud crickets!

I wish the Hope/Aiden scenes weren't so dark.

Jesus, Victor, you need to take seats, too.

Theresa is being slutty.  Not an attractive look.  I mean, yeah, Brady's slutty, too, but Theresa is overdoing it.

Even  if he did kill Hope, he was still going to be indebted to the Dimeras.

He was going to receive millions of dollars from her life insurance.

• Love 1

So, he takes out life insurance on his wife to be who is then murdered, what, a few days/weeks later, on her wedding day and he thinks he wouldn't be prime suspect number one.

How incredibly skeevy to sleep with her before trying to murder her.  What a shame they trashed the character this way - I rather liked these two together - 

stupid.

• Love 8

I think the point is that they aren't wrong. Bo did leave Hope. Just because he was kidnapped for part of that time doesn't excuse the fact that he did leave Hope of his own free will. Also Bo wasn't stopping Aiden the killer, he wanted to stop his ex-wife from remarrying someone she moved on with.

Aiden being a psycho doesn't erase Bo's faults.

This is how the show is playing things though. Which is also why Ben being crazy and killing will erase the whole Abigail cheating with Chad and lying about the paternity situation.

The saddest thing is all those senseless deaths. Will was an important character for years and this character was sacrificed so Abigail could look like some martyr and victim and have yet another triangle. Paige was the child of a legacy family.

• Love 6
howmanywords, on 06 Nov 2015 - 3:33 PM, said:

Damn I had palpitations during those Hope and Aiden scenes. She put up a good fight but why the hell did she not go for her gun?

Or better yet, why not just run out the door?!  She had plenty of time, as she was right there!

• Love 4

Gahhh - that all sounds exciting, and gruesome. Hope I can watch it online somewhere.

The big shocker is Brady and Theresa hooking up...again. Think the wig put him in the mood?

If you download the nbc app, or just go to their website tomorrow, the whole episode should be up. They usually put the shows up a day later.

I felt bad for Joey when Kayla didn't believe him, but I got where her scepticism came from. Steve, you do know it's 2015, not 1915. You have been traveling in and out of the country. You have been reaching out to your less than upright cronies from the past, even meeting with Britta's daughter, you haven't been exactly low-key. Moreover, anyone who knows you would know if they want to find you, keep tabs on Kayla because when you finally resurfaced, you would make a bee-line to her. You know the same Kayla you keep having very public interactions with in this public place called the hospital where she works. So pretty much anyone looking for you knew how and where to find you once you decided that you were coming back to Salem to get your sweetness back. Hell, damn near dead on his feet Bo was just as obsessed with getting you back to Kayla as he was with getting himself back to Hope. Your not exactly stealth dude.

I don't understand the Brady and Theresa scenes. Am I supposed to care? Because if they disappeared for a few months, I wouldn't notice, cause they read like a plot line, not a couple.

No words for Sami obsessing over EJ. As I stated before I will never cosign on couplings that support the lie that women who are raped are saying no but their eyes are saying yes cause they really want it.

Liked the nice moment of John and Marlena just enjoying their couple status.

Loved Hope putting the beat-down on Aiden until,his size and strength got the better of her after she hit her head on the banister. I'm glad the show remembered that she is a trained police officer and on a basic level, a human being who naturally would fight for her life. I also liked that they made it clear that even if Bo hadn't arrived, Aiden's plans had gone so far off the rails re was no way he was walking away scott-free. P.S. Aiden, the insurance company would have investigated you into oblivion and never paid off on the policy. Side note, we got the flashing lights with Aiden too. Is this some sort of morse code because first real NTK Ben and his lights and now CCNTK Aiden.

• Love 8

Finally an exciting ending for today's show which was refreshing but I still felt the pace was drug out to bring it to that Friday cliffhanger moment.  

I couldn't help wondering though--why once Bo and Steve were in Salem couldn't they have used the phone to spread the news of Bo's return as well as why Steve didn't just drop Bo off at Hope's and return Caroline to her daughter who he was already going to see??? I assume Steve has a car in town somewhere unless the mansion is within walking distance of the hospital.

Sami all smiles, great, and instantly rattling on about EJ? What the heck, they should just soras her kids and let them come to Salem too since she doesn't care to see them and doesn't show anything sad days after Will's death.

I'd hardly describe it as "rattling on" seeing as how she was barely on screen for two minutes.  And I don't see anything she's done that would point to her not caring about her children. She's trying to find out if their father is alive and/or get their dangerous grandfather out of the picture so no future harm comes to them. I'm pretty sure Johnny and Sidney would want to be reunited with EJ and get out of grief counseling therapy.  As for Will, Sami has never been one to sit around in mourn. And if you throw the girl a bone, she's going to go chasing it which is exactly what I'd expect of her character upon receiving a letter like she did.  A depressed, solemn Sami would be completely out of character, not to mention we've seen enough grieving on this show. Bringing AS back for a short stint only to watch her cry would get old fast. 

Caroline's telling Steve about the hospital "I blew the joint" cracked me up.

That was classic!

Anyone who marries Nicole and Kate has no right to judge.

Amen to that!

How incredibly skeevy to sleep with her before trying to murder her.  

Agree! That completely grossed me out yesterday.

P.S. Aiden, the insurance company would have investigated you into oblivion and never paid off on the policy. S

Yes! I thought this too.  Certainly an attorney would have known this. The insurance company would have signed paper files. Just hacking the policy on line would not hold up long. 

• Love 8

Ugh. The Hope/Aiden stuff reminds me of the Blair/Eli implosion on OLTL. She finally sheds Todd and moves on to someone who values her and loves her and is hot and successful to boot... and they turned him into a serial marry-than-kill guy out of fucking NOWHERE (actually because the original storyline was so boring that they got rid of the villain they had written a story for really quickly and then decided to blame everything bad that had happened in Llanview over the course of about a year on Eli) and she finds out the truth about him after they get married.

This is a bad, bad habit they have on soaps all across the board. Woman must be made a fool of so Man can be heroic/right. Sometimes, it's just a matter of Woman must be made a fool of... which was the case with Blair, really.

On the upside, Eli never set out to kill Blair. He seemed to really love her and want her but once she found out the truth of his past it all went pear-shaped anyway.

I don't have all the history with the show that most here do. I'm not against the concept of Bo and Hope being together because I know they are a long-lived super-couple and all of that... but going about it this way, torpedoing a pairing she has that has been well-received in this manner leaves a VERY bad taste in my mouth.

Not cool. At least she got to save herself when it came to Aiden. But that's cold comfort indeed.

• Love 10

Ugh. The Hope/Aiden stuff reminds me of the Blair/Eli implosion on OLTL.

OMG, you're totally right, great analogy!

And in that case, Blair awesomely got the drop on Eli, pulling a gun on him, only for the show to have her do something dopey so stupid John McBain could be the true "hero" of the hour.  Blergh.

• Love 3

OMG, you're totally right, great analogy!

And in that case, Blair awesomely got the drop on Eli, pulling a gun on him, only for the show to have her do something dopey so stupid John McBain could be the true "hero" of the hour.  Blergh.

Wellllll... Blair did shoot him. I mean, he kind of talked his way closer to her and laid that ridiculously, scorching hot kiss on her and she shot him during. But then the place caught on fire and John got to play hero then. And she did seem to shoot him by accident. Ultimately, Blair does not and never has had the killer instinct except with two people: Asa Buchanan and Mitch Laurence (both deserved it but she never got to kill either... she just got to wound them both.) Even after shooting him, she asked John to get him out of the burning building.

Hope fought like a tiger and pretty much made it impossible for Aiden to follow through with his horrible plan. Ultimately, I think Hope's stakes were definitely higher.

OLTL ended up milking Eli as a villain even more after the fire and presumed death but I don't see the same future ahead for Aiden. Besides, Aiden got strong-armed into the whole thing. In a sense, he's like the poor guy in the first episode of Daredevil. Was there ever any particular reason the DiMera's wanted Hope dead? Or it just a general DiMera Evil situation based on long-term animosity?

• Love 4

I had been hoping that Aiden would deliberately tank the murder attempt, purposely let Hope kill him in self-defense (and then leave a letter explaining everything). It seems to me that that's a way he could have managed to keep both Hope and Chase alive - if he just killed himself, then Andre would kill Chase, but if he died trying to murder Hope, then Andre would just let it go.

The show just went for total character assassination, and it's basically pointless from a plot perspective since

Bo is not staying on the show.

It feels to me like Griffith and Higley being misogynistic assholes who want to punish Hope for having the unmitigated gall to move on from Bo.

Like others, I really liked Hope and Aiden together. And I loved that Aiden was a grounded, mature man who treated women well, which can be said for almost no other man in Salem. I wonder if that's a second reason why Griffith/Higley just utterly destroyed the character by turning him into a psycho - he was making the other men look bad, can't have that.

Sigh.

• Love 8

Chills ran down my spine at Hope’s anguished scream when she took off the mask and saw it was Aiden.  Girl can fight, though!

Must be uncomfortable for Maggie to know that, if Caroline were to ever crook her finger at Victor, she’d be dropped harder than Jared Fogle's Subway contract!  I feel for her though, that’s a dicey situation.

Mmmm-MMMM!!  Gotdamn but Brady’s got bod-day!  Was loving those black boxer briefs and the way he got into bed and kinda manhandled Theresa….she had a lovely outfit on too.

So...um....how will Bo leave again, since Peter is only going to be short-term?  Anyone know?

• Love 8

I think how Bo will leave again is a spoiler, so please don't post any answers here, go to the spoiler thread.

It was awful to watch, but it was also gratifying that Hope did not just gracefully succumb to being strangled like she did in all Aiden's fantasies (? I hesitate to call them that but can't think of a better word), but instead fought back like hell. I think she did go for her gun downstairs but it got knocked aside. How will it all play out on Monday? I guess Ciara and Chase are with Doug and Julie for the evening.

• Love 3

So Monday is the big anniversary episode and we will be dealing with the aftermath of Aidan being murdered by Hope, who was trying to save her own life and will have a broken heart over the whole thing, as well as the new realization that she has betrayed Bo?!

I'm sorry but I keep having waves of realizations over how bizarre the 50th anniversary has turned out to be.

• Love 6

Holy shit, that fight scene was riveting. And yes, that anguished cry from Hope when she ripped the hood off of Aiden sent shivers down my spine as well. Their battle just went on and on and on -- wonder how many takes it took to finish that scene. Poor Chase! Will Hope and Ceara take him in now?

So much to love from my favorite characters this week. We even got Patch playing the blues! I love the Bo and Patch team -- their banter, their unspoken conspiring to dupe Barney Fife, Bo's insistence that Steve get back to Kayla or else be in even more hot water. I'm just a fool for those two. 

Peggy McKay needs an emmy for these last few days. Her pouting, her blowing the joint, pursing her lips as Kayla scolded her -- and then taking the blame for being unable to stop the marriage ceremony. She's been perfect.

And that was weird about Joey. New Ceara is a bit stiff in her delivery, but I love that she picked up the quirks that Lauren Bowles so artfully included in her portrayal. They even kind of look alike. 

I cannot wait for Julie, Doug, and the rest to choke on their "oh, Aiden will make Hope very happy!"

Come on, Chad, go and save your girl! 

Edited because my former senator from MA, Barney Frank, is decidedly NOT the character from Mayberry RFD, lol. 

Edited by Lastwaltz
  • Love 4

I hope the writers at least have the decency to have everyone find out the real reason why Aiden tried to kill Hope pretty quickly. I'm not interested in seeing weeks of everyone thinking he's a serial killer or scumbag who only wanted Hope's money. 

I wonder if the writers even realize that there will people who will resent Bo and a Hope/Rafe pairing because of how they destroyed Aiden. These writers seem incapable of writing a triangle without destroying one of the characters or making them a loser to prop their chosen pairing. See Lucas, Will, and Jack for further proof.

I still can't believe that all of this murder and mayhem is the direct of result of Serial Killer being desperate to hang on to his faithless baby mama. Multiple people are dead so Abifail could be propped. This is the worst serial killer story I've ever seen, and this is coming from someone who loves trash horror movies. 

• Love 17

I think the writers are also aiming to put Hope and Rafe together which I'm not totally against but I can't seem to care after all this Bo/Hope/Aiden craziness. Plus, Aiden will be dead and Bo will leave so is Rafe just going to be there to pick up the pieces?

How stupid was it that Hope was acting like a virginal 20 year old on her wedding night and didn't even wonder where Aiden was?

• Love 6

Bo needs to take several seats with all of the ranting.

I'm not a Bo/Hope fan anymore. I was way back in the day before she was 'killed' in that vat of acid (or whatever it was supposed to be). I ended up being a much bigger fan of Bo/Carly and even sort of liked Bo and original recipe Billie. That being said, he sure can take many many seats with that raving like a lunatic. Does he not remember sleeping with Carly in that home ... in that bed? Soap characters and their hypocrisy never fail to crack me up.

I cannot wait for Julie, Doug, and the rest to choke on their "oh, Aiden will make Hope very happy!"

I really don't understand why they need to choke on it. If the writers hadn't gone full retcon on Aiden to toss him under the bus for the return to Bope (zzzzzzz), he would have made her happy. At least for as long as soap couples are allowed to be happy. And really as far as Julie, Doug and the rest knew Bo left Hope and they got divorced. He moved on a few times when she was out of the picture - why can't she move on when he is gone?!?

I absolutely hate what the writers have done to Aiden. All to return again to a couple that frankly as far as I'm concerned has been beaten to the ground. It's probably just me but I find most of the so called super couples pretty boring at this point. It's due to the endless cycle of get together/break up thing for me. Bope are a classic example of this (I mean mime sex really?). I don't see the chemistry between the actors anymore and haven't for ages.

I know fans want to see Bo and Hope together so it is what it is but I find Bope to be boring. I think it would have been far more interesting to have them acknowledge their past but know it's time to move on. Rather than forcing this reunion in which Hope has once again made the mistake of moving on from Bo to a rotten guy. Pfft.

And I'm a much bigger fan of Bo than Hope!

Pairings like John and Isabella or Bo and Carly probably stick with me more because they didn't go on for endless years with ridiculous break-ups and reunions. Even with the Carly return, I enjoyed the short reunion with Bo. I choose to ignore what the writers ended up doing to her (falling apart over Dr Tan? Puhlease).

Though I will say, I still get the feels for Steve and Kayla. I think the actors have managed to hang onto the chemistry.

• Love 13

I'm not a Bo/Hope fan anymore. I was way back in the day before she was 'killed' in that vat of acid (or whatever it was supposed to be). I ended up being a much bigger fan of Bo/Carly and even sort of liked Bo and original recipe Billie. That being said, he sure can take many many seats with that raving like a lunatic. Does he not remember sleeping with Carly in that home ... in that bed? Soap characters and their hypocrisy never fail to crack me up.

I really don't understand why they need to choke on it. If the writers hadn't gone full retcon on Aiden to toss him under the bus for the return to Bope (zzzzzzz), he would have made her happy. At least for as long as soap couples are allowed to be happy. And really as far as Julie, Doug and the rest knew Bo left Hope and they got divorced. He moved on a few times when she was out of the picture - why can't she move on when he is gone?!?

I absolutely hate what the writers have done to Aiden. All to return again to a couple that frankly as far as I'm concerned has been beaten to the ground. It's probably just me but I find most of the so called super couples pretty boring at this point. It's due to the endless cycle of get together/break up thing for me. Bope are a classic example of this (I mean mime sex really?). I don't see the chemistry between the actors anymore and haven't for ages.

I know fans want to see Bo and Hope together so it is what it is but I find Bope to be boring. I think it would have been far more interesting to have them acknowledge their past but know it's time to move on. Rather than forcing this reunion in which Hope has once again made the mistake of moving on from Bo to a rotten guy. Pfft.

And I'm a much bigger fan of Bo than Hope!

Pairings like John and Isabella or Bo and Carly probably stick with me more because they didn't go on for endless years with ridiculous break-ups and reunions. Even with the Carly return, I enjoyed the short reunion with Bo. I choose to ignore what the writers ended up doing to her (falling apart over Dr Tan? Puhlease).

Though I will say, I still get the feels for Steve and Kayla. I think the actors have managed to hang onto the chemistry.

I love your post and I wish that I could like it a thousand times.. I loved Bo/Carly over Bope and I loved John and Isabella over Jarlena...There was a maturity to Bo and Carly version 1 that was so refreshing..I miss them till this day...Bo and Hope have never been the same after Zack's death...I am only watching the show for Steve and Kayla....Those two are just so perfect..I want Steve to earn Kayla's trust..She still loves him, but love is not enough to sustain a relationship...See Bo and Hope for further proof......I don't think that they were able to really reconnect after her return from the dead...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5

I still can't believe that all of this murder and mayhem is the direct of result of Serial Killer being desperate to hang on to his faithless baby mama. Multiple people are dead so Abifail could be propped. This is the worst serial killer story I've ever seen, and this is coming from someone who loves trash horror movies. 

Seriously, it's stomach turning how many lives and families have been destroyed because Ben wants to keep Abby away from Chad.  He does realize that she's cheated before and that she'll cheat again right?

• Love 8

Maybe I'm not the typical soap viewer, but I'm loving the dark, melodramatic turn the show's made. For me, it makes sense to return to that kind of stuff for the anniversary. It's what drew me into watching soaps to begin with, so I'm totally on board. 

Aiden is kind of breaking my heart, though. I don't think I've ever been so sympathetic to a would be killer, especially when his intended victim is one of my favorite characters. As awful as this story turned out, I give them credit for giving him layers. And yes, I hope his motives are eventually made clear to everyone. I don't want him to be completely vilified, especially when Salem celebrates unrepentant rapists and killers on an almost daily basis.

• Love 6

So, Hope and Abby live next to each other? They have the same flashing vacancy sign outside their windows. The fight scene between Hope & Aiden was awesome but a little too dark. I know it's supposed be nighttime but it helps a tv show if you can actually see it. I did like that Hope was able to reveal it was Aiden. They both looked equally horrified. The only problem I have with the this storyline is that needed to trash Aiden to bring back Bo. Daniel Cosgrove is such a good actor and Days is so dumb to fire him (along with DePavia). Now, they have brought on the dopey "teenagers" who can't act. I guess nuCiera is okay but nuChase is not soap camera looking ready. How did he make it past the casting office?

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 1

Why didn't Aiden just tell Hope about the Dimera threats to his son. I am sure that he is aware of Hope's awful history with the Dimeras. They could have worked together to vanquish the Dimeras once and for all. I have always found it so unrealistic that the Brady family have no problems living side by side with their mortal enemies. The show missed the boat by not following through with Sami's revenge plot against the Dimeras. It could have started with Sami and climaxed the week of the show's anniversary with all of the Bradys coming together to destroy Stefano and his awful legacy....No Brady or their loved ones will ever be truly safe as long as the Dimeras are free.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 10

Hope and Aiden could have worked together.  Sami and Kate never would have ended a revenge plot against anyone.  The Bradys not only tolerating the Dimeras being in Salem, but the Dimeras coming into the Brady Pub is ridiculous.  I don't care if Andre received a pardon from the Governor, or whoever Stefano bought off this time, the town of Salem not doing something to permanently end serial killer Andre is just dumb.  Andre being killed by Kate, Sami, and Nicole, and tossed in the river is an SL that could write itself.

Lucas, Kate, Sami, etc., believing Chad killed Will was dumb, but even dumber was expecting the fans to believe that Kate, Sami, Lucas and almost everyone else believed that Chad DIMERA killed Will (Lucas and Sami's son, Roman, Marlena, and Kate's grandson), and that the Bradys, Sami, Kate and Lucas wouldn't have ripped any Dimera they could get their hands on to shreds.

• Love 7

Seriously, it's stomach turning how many lives and families have been destroyed because Ben wants to keep Abby away from Chad.  He does realize that she's cheated before and that she'll cheat again right?

Even if Serial Killer managed to get Chad out of the picture for good, what happens after that? Is he prepared to go on a killing spree every time Trollop cheats on him?

• Love 7

Am I the only one who feels Brady Black needs a hobby than trying to find his next true love storyline??

Damn I dont mind him being John Black 2.0 and sharing his golden penis but he needs something to do other than this quest to find Ms Right which is all hes done over the last 5 years: Nicole, Kristen, Madison and now Theresa. Like doesn't he have a job or goals? Where is John and Victor to call him out on this? Give the guy something to do, Days! Put him into training being future ISA like John or since one of first gigs Brady did was his music stuff, wasnt he Chloe's manager at one point, get him back in that.

How can you be John Black's son with no motivation and drive annoys me.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 5

I only liked Brady when he was very dark and buried Vivian alive..He was interesting and he channeled his inner Kiriakis...He should have been  more than what  he is right now..They write him as incompetent, stupid, immature and  easily manipulated by the women in his life.. He should have been fighting Philip and Alex for Victor's throne...I always wanted Marina to have a child out there with a vendetta against the Kiriakis family, specifically Brady because his mother Isabella had killed her in self-defense...The show had hinted back in the day that Abigail and Brady were destined to be together...Abigail was born at the exact moment, Isabella took her last breadth...I loved John and Isabella together..Drake was actually good in that storyline...Isabella was a great stepmother to Eric, Sami and Carrie..Till this day, I have never really understood Sami's hatred of John...It always felt plot-driven than character-driven....

I also loved the Jack/Isabella friendship, she was one of the few people in Salem who did not judge Jack....He saved her from Marina's evilness, when she had locked her in that sanitarium..I truly do not understand why the show does not mime their rich history to give us good, compelling, nuanced character-driven stories...I  know that I am being delusional, but hope springs eternal...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4