Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Kate and Stefano don't hold grudges? Oh.

Shut the hell up Abby.

Shut the hell up Marlena. She needs to go visit Saint Carrie and get the hell off my screen. What a donkey.

Dan has a right to be upset by I'm sure he would have done the same thing if he were in Rafe's shoes.

• Love 5

I think Marlena might rat Sami and Kate out.  I wonder if Marlena would be so judgmental of Rafe covering up what Gabi did to Melanie?  Now I guess it will be Roman, Eric, and Brady's turn to bitch at Sami about her behavior.  Please let Kate and Sami be scheming together.  It's the only thing I have to look forward to.

• Love 2
What I don't get about Brady and Theresa is why is he always sleeping on the couch? It only takes a bed to make a morning after scene, right? I don't get it.

THANK YOU!  I don't understand that either.  Aren't they sleeping together?  Or is Theresa saving herself for marriage?

I think Marlena might rat Sami and Kate out.

You know she will.  She won't be able to help herself.  That's the kind of righteous blabbermouth she is.  So much for patient confidentiality.

Please let Kate and Sami be scheming together.  It's the only thing I have to look forward to.

I will be horribly disappointed if there isn't some grand Kate and Sami scheme.  I NEED PAYOFF!!

• Love 3
I think Marlena might rat Sami and Kate out.

Oh I hope not. What in the world would that woman accomplish other than coming off judgmental and acting like her butt doesn't stink (Yes I'm talking about you Dr. Marlena Evans 'I've been possessed by the devil' Brady Black.)  There is no evidence of Kate and Sami's crime--EJ got rid of it; Percy is out of the country and not likely to cross EJ so no witnesses; and the victim is already dead!

• Love 2

They're totally bringing back Melanie after today.

Rafe's such a hypocrite he can break the laws as he sees fit, his family can as well. But how dare anyone else. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Isn't what Marlena did to Stefano common knowledge? I wish Sami would throw that in her face. Also, the very fact that she's talking about the river situation with Sami and Kate is a violation of doctor/patient confidentially rules. She needs to have 100 seats.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 2

Is Marlena to stupid to realize that Nick's message to her was left AFTER Kate and Sami tossed Nick in the river believing he was already dead, and that Sami and Kate didn't shoot Nick, Gabi did?

(edited)
I wanted to stand up and clap for Sami when she told Marlena how it is. Everything Sami said about the Nick fiasco was spot on. I love when characters own their “badness” and don’t cater to people like Marlena and their perceived “holiness.”

You and me both. Marlena just gets more and more self-righteous every day. I find myself wanting to smack her for her arrogance and refusal to even try and understand the situation. Sami is right, Nick could spout off all day long about how he wanted to change but nothing he had done besides a freaking phone call showed it.

Is Marlena to stupid to realize that Nick's message to her was left AFTER Kate and Sami tossed Nick in the river believing he was already dead, and that Sami and Kate didn't shoot Nick, Gabi did?

No, she gets it but she thinks Sami should feel sorry for that. Instead, Sami is sorry it didn't work and that, to Marlena, is wrong. When Sami shows some remorse for what happened, Marlena is in her corner. When Sami doesn't react the way Marlena thinks she should, Marlena treats her like crap.

I do think that Sami and Kate are planning something together.

I also think that Kate has given Sami better advice than Marlena and has accepted Sami for who she is, unlike Marlena. What I like about Sami and Kate is that they own who they are and do not apologize for it. Marlena, not so much.

Edited by cmahorror
  • Love 4
(edited)

Yeah, I was confused by that. Didn't Nick also fake out Sami with contrition which he then retracted?

I don't think what Sami and Kate did was a good idea, but since Marlena showed a sex tape of her own  priest son with Kristen in church  because she hated Kristen just that much I'm inclined to think Marlena could relate on some level to Sami's animosity towards Nick.

Why didn't Marlena ask Sami to show some remorse decades ago for the other stuff she did? 20 years and several schemes later seems like a weird time to suddenly  start parenting and get up in Sami's face about feeling contrition about a dead guy whose murder everybody in town was apparently plotting. Does Marlena know that Lucas also wanted to kill Nick? If Sami was the only one plotting Nick's murder, I suppose I could understand Marlena's position more. But since everyone and their dog wanted to kill this guy, I can't figure out why now, of all the times, Marlena has chosen to explicitly tell Sami to find a conscience. Marlena has only realized NOW (???) that Sami has the potential to become like Kate? She should have realized this years ago and gotten Sami into therapy then. Now seems a little too late.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

What really gets me is that if it had been Carrie that had done that to Nick, Marlena would be the first one to say how it was completely understandable given the circumstances and she shouldn't feel guilty about it. It was self defense and Carrie should just leave it all behind her and move on the her new life with Rafe, oops, Austin.

Marlena would find a way to justify it if it was Carrie. Because it was Sami it is horrible and unforgivable.

• Love 4

Shut the hell up Abby.

Shut the hell up Marlena.

Count me in on this.  Abby is the definition of a narcissist.  Now she blathers on and on about how IF SHE HAD ONLY KNOWN, then she could have fixed things.  Delusional, much, twit?  They should lock her up in a parrot cage and feed her crackers.

And it can't be said enough right now, Marlena, STFU.  And wipe that self-satisfied smirk off her face as well.

You and me both. Marlena just gets more and more self-righteous every day. I find myself wanting to smack her for her arrogance and refusal to even try and understand the situation. Sami is right, Nick could spout off all day long about how he wanted to change but nothing he had done besides a freaking phone call showed it.

No, she gets it but she thinks Sami should feel sorry for that. Instead, Sami is sorry it didn't work and that, to Marlena, is wrong. When Sami shows some remorse for what happened, Marlena is in her corner. When Sami doesn't react the way Marlena thinks she should, Marlena treats her like crap.

I got the feeling that what really pisses off Marlena is that she has this fantasy of herself that she can fix anyone.  Where she gets it and how she sustains it is a mystery, considering her own life.  But she gets this phone call from Nick, and now she's holding on to it and displaying it like she got a thunderbolt from on high because he asked her for help.  And (luckily for her) Gabi shot his sorry ass before she actually had to DO anything.  Now she can sit back and be holier-than-thou because her chance to be the Savior was taken away from her.  And, of course, this also gives her another opportunity to try and cut Sami down to size.  The look in her eyes, the way she looked at Sami, told the real truth about how she feels about her daughter.

Maybe Marlena DOES deserve to be with Smell the Fart Jawn.  They both have their heads so far up their own behinds they can scratch their noses from the inside.

Not happy to see Ben drinking the Deveraux koolaid.  Getting involved with this one will not end well.

• Love 4
Dan has a right to be upset by I'm sure he would have done the same thing if he were in Rafe's shoes.

You mean because he is currently in Rafe's shoes, since he's been covering for Nicole, while gently coercing her into doing the right thing, but when she immediately does the wrong thing, he doesn't correct it; he gives her yet another chance.

I don't think the PtB meant today's Rafe/Daniel scenes to be an exercise in Daniel's hypocrisy, but that's just what they were to me. So what, Rafe is supposed to sell out his sister, but Daniel is free to coddle a proven-liar friend. I mean, cripes, Nicole once had Jen charged (and held in a cell, if I recall correctly) for the death of her baby who was already dead.

Generally speaking, I have loved Jennifer for decades and liked Daniel for a few years (I missed his man-ho years). I mostly liked them before Jack was brought back a couple of years ago, then it all sort of fell apart. Still, I've held a fond thought for them, but Daniel refusing to show poor Rafe some mercy, while simultaneously icing out Jen, who was just trying to make sure the truth would be told (and I'm with Jen, I am in no way convinced Daniel ever would have told Eric the truth) makes me want to gag.

• Love 1

My goodness Abby annoys me to no end, don't know who I find more annoying, her or Nicole. Acting all stressed and distraught over the Melanie thing, ugh, girl please. Do like Sonny & Will, talk about it briefly and then get over it. Yet this idiot couldn't see that Plucky NuBen was avoiding the family questions. I guess since he was praising her holier than thou family minus JJ it was all good and nothing else matters. Besides slobbering all over him, what does she know about this guy? Nothing cause he always avoids her questions about his life which isn't sending red flags to her. Then again Austin and EJ were spoken for and that didn't send her any red flags.

If they're not plotting together or planning something then Kate vs Sami, I'm Team Kate all the way.

Mar is so stank, Marlena wasn't the one being blackmailed or seen Nick attempting to rape Gabi, so she really needs to STFU. At least Sami was being honest with her feelings about Nick. Would Mar rather Sami lie about her feelings, cause a Mother and a Psychologist would want people to be honest about their feelings. Maybe Mar needs to take another profession and become an exorcist, since she has experience in that arena.

Melanie isn't around and the phone call between Daniel and Mel was just a little too convenient for me to give a damn about Rafe going to him and telling the story. Dan can be upset all he wants but Rafe covered for his sister just like Dan did for Nicole a non-relative so him being upset really carries no weight at all.

(edited)

God, wait till Naggie hears about what Gabi did.  She's already all up in her Egg Baby's business, but now to find out that Gabi was the reason she lost Egg Baby GrandBaby as well.....Victor won't be getting any for quite some time.  Not that she'll blame him, probably, but Mercy Maud she'll hardly be home with all the time she'll have to spend trying to get Dan and Jenn back together.  I can just hear the pious mutterings she and Jenn will be making now.

It's sad that Naggie never had any children or grandchildren before Egg Baby and his spawn......oh wait, she did...

Edited by boes
  • Love 2
(edited)

Everyone is showing concern for Melanie (and possibly even Nick, AFTER his death), but has Abby not realized that Gabi, via Andrew, is indirectly responsible for Jack's death? Has she connected the dots on that? Just wondering if I missed a scene where Jack was mentioned.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 4

Marlena being a psychiatrist should realize that Nick trying to rape Gabi would be a hot button issue for Sami (who has been raped by three different men).  I think Sami learned when she was a teenager that doing the right thing doesn't necessarily guarantee a happy ending, and that people who go after what they want, to hell with the consequences and don't care about who gets hurt, often do get what they want at least for a little while.  Since there was nothing to balance out that perception, Sami proceeded accordingly.  Maybe that's why she got involved with EJ.  Sami has a very limited number of people she cares about, and very few boundaries.  EJ has an even limited number, and no boundaries.  Brandon, Rafe, and Lucas could only handle the crazy for so long, and wanted Sami to be different.  EJ doesn't care if Sami kills Nick or someone else, he just wants her to make sure she covers her tracks.

• Love 4

Marlena being a psychiatrist should realize that Nick trying to rape Gabi would be a hot button issue for Sami (who has been raped by three different men).  I think Sami learned when she was a teenager that doing the right thing doesn't necessarily guarantee a happy ending, and that people who go after what they want, to hell with the consequences and don't care about who gets hurt, often do get what they want at least for a little while.  Since there was nothing to balance out that perception, Sami proceeded accordingly.  Maybe that's why she got involved with EJ.  Sami has a very limited number of people she cares about, and very few boundaries.  EJ has an even limited number, and no boundaries.  Brandon, Rafe, and Lucas could only handle the crazy for so long, and wanted Sami to be different.  EJ doesn't care if Sami kills Nick or someone else, he just wants her to make sure she covers her tracks.

Marlena is a victim of  rape herself. She knows first hand how it feels to go through that kind of  trauma, not only as a psychiatrist. The writers don't care about character driven history. It's always about the plot.   

Tigrerlynx, you are now a better therapist than Marlena.  

Abby was talking about Jack yesterday with Ben, but she didn't put 1+1 together to connect Gabi's actions to Jack.

All this talk about Melanie?  Yeah, that bitch is coming back.

(edited)

You know, I've been watching soaps since birth (no judgment on my mother, please, she didn't notice I was watching until I started asking questions about characters on Days and Dallas), and I know how terribly they all handle rape. I swear, no genre is so deeply suffused with rape culture as soaps are.

But the way Days continues to deal with it is honestly appalling, and it's a big part of the reason I stopped watching again. Since the night it happened, Gabi was never allowed to deal with her feelings about almost being raped by a person she'd almost married once upon a time. No, instead, she had to cry about the fact that she had killed him. She had to feel remorse and panic about that every day. And that wasn't good enough, so the writers had her do it AGAIN. Only this time, she got caught and now she has to lose everything.

Other ways this has been handled horribly: they lump it in with Nick's other attempts to control her, as though it's no different than just trying to be a family with her and Ari. They almost always avoid saying "rape" when they talk about what happened that night. "He would never have stopped." "He tried to hurt me." "He wanted to control me." Right--he tried to rape you. That was the second-to-last thing he would have done to control you. The last thing is to kill you.

But instead, they have her crying over the fact that she knows there was good in him. She shouldn't have to sit there while a parade of ignorant, idiot, self-righteous Salemites berate her. I don't give a shit if there was good in him, and I don't care that she made a mistake in shooting him. It was only a mistake because now she loses everything. He was never going to jail--his awful family would have seen to that--so I don't find it surprising that she saw it as the only way to protect herself and her loved ones.

Edited by Carrie Ann
  • Love 7

You know, I've been watching soaps since birth (no judgment on my mother, please, she didn't notice I was watching until I started asking questions about characters on Days and Dallas), and I know how terribly they all handle rape. I swear, no genre is so deeply suffused with rape culture as soaps are.

But the way Days continues to deal with it is honestly appalling, and it's a big part of the reason I stopped watching again. Since the night it happened, Gabi was never allowed to deal with her feelings about almost being raped by a person she'd almost married once upon a time. No, instead, she had to cry about the fact that she had killed him. She had to feel remorse and panic about that every day. And that wasn't good enough, so the writers had her do it AGAIN. Only this time, she got caught and now she has to lose everything.

Other ways this has been handled horribly: they lump it in with Nick's other attempts to control her, as though it's no different than just trying to be a family with her and Ari. They almost always avoid saying "rape" when they talk about what happened that night. "He would never have stopped." "He tried to hurt me." "He wanted to control me." Right--he tried to rape you. That was the second-to-last thing he would have done to control you. The last thing is to kill you.

But instead, they have her crying over the fact that she knows there was good in him. She shouldn't have to sit there while a parade of ignorant, idiot, self-righteous Salemites berate her. I don't give a shit if there was good in him, and I don't care that she made a mistake in shooting him. It was only a mistake because now she loses everything. He was never going to jail--his awful family would have seen to that--so I don't find it surprising that she saw it as the only way to protect herself and her loved ones.

I agree, this story has been horrendous from beginning to end. And the ratings have reflected it.

But the way Days continues to deal with it is honestly appalling, and it's a big part of the reason I stopped watching again. Since the night it happened, Gabi was never allowed to deal with her feelings about almost being raped by a person she'd almost married once upon a time.

Don't forget about multiple rape victim Sami getting involved with EJ and Eric being attacked and degraded by his own brother. I think this show handles rape even worse than GH does.

He was never going to jail--his awful family would have seen to that--so I don't find it surprising that she saw it as the only way to protect herself and her loved ones.

Nick's fate was set in stone awhile ago. If Gabi hadn't killed him someone else would have. I think she should have been smart enough to get someone else to kill him though. She couldn't even deal with killing him the first time and that was 100% self defense.

• Love 1

Oh, I agree. She has an army of people around her who have a vested interest in keeping Nick silent, and preferably permanently. Basically any one of them would have handled the murder better, probably. I know it went down this way because she's leaving the show, but it's also not that far out of character for a dim bulb like Gabi. I just wish that along the way, she'd been able to just let loose on the Hortons and all the other judgey a-holes. I wish she didn't have to leave the show devastated and convinced that she should have given him another chance to change.

Kate and Stefano don't hold grudges? Oh.

Yeah, my jaw dropped a bit after Kate said that with a straight face.

Even though Nick and Gabi are both gone, looks like we're still going to hear about them non-stop for the foreseeable future. Ugh. Kristen and Eve can't get here fast enough.

(edited)
has Abby not realized that Gabi, via Andrew, is indirectly responsible for Jack's death? Has she connected the dots on that? Just wondering if I missed a scene where Jack was mentioned.

Nope, Abby isn’t playing with a full enough deck to figure that out that quickly. It would require deductive reasoning and she’s just not that smart. It might sink in a month from now or when someone points it out.

Speaking of Jack….

Don't forget about multiple rape victim Sami getting involved with EJ and Eric being attacked and degraded by his own brother. I think this show handles rape even worse than GH does.

Let’s not forget the violent arrogant rapist Jack was too. It annoys me to no end how that one is so often forgotten or glossed over.  I don’t care if the man was held hostage in more recent years or what he suffered; I can’t take any hero making as far as he is concerned after the way he brutally raped Kayla, treated her afterwards, and then took years to show any remorse for it. To quote Steve at the time, Jack was nothing more than a “filthy pig.”  So in a sense, kudos to Gabby for ridding the town of one attempted rapist and one real one.

Edited by Peanut6711

Brandon, Rafe, and Lucas could only handle the crazy for so long, and wanted Sami to be different.  EJ doesn't care if Sami kills Nick or someone else, he just wants her to make sure she covers her tracks.

I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting Sami to rein it in sometimes, for her own good. That's not the same thing as wanting her to be different, imo. I don't think that EJ necessarily loves her any more than Lucas, or even Rafe, did, he simply enables her self destructive behavior in a way that the others won't. I actually think that makes him worse, not better, for Sami. I don't think her troubled teen years or her craptastic mother can be blamed for the adult Sami refusing to recognize her own faults and/or total lack of impulse control.

I don't think EJ is better for Sami.  I think he goes along with what she does in order to hang onto her, and have a certain amount of control over her.  Roman and Marlena should have gotten help for Sami when she was a teenager.  Although at certain times, just like Rafe and Lucas, Roman and Marlena have enabled Sami's behavior as well.  When Sami shot EJ in the head, Rafe, Bo, Roman, etc., were more than willing to cover her ass.  Roman also jumped threw some hoops to help Marlena and Kate when they shot at EJ/Stefano at Sami/EJ's first wedding, and at the time, Lucas suspected that Kate had been aiming at Sami.

• Love 1

Jack, unlike any of the other rapists, did show remorse and he did the hard work of redeeming himself.  It took years, and it was interesting to watch.  It hasn't been glossed over.  While many victims MARRY their rapists on soaps, Kayla and Jack still showed discomfort each and every time they met without saying a word.  It's a credit to the actors, because I'd bet that's not in the script.

• Love 5

Roman and Marlena should have gotten help for Sami when she was a teenager.

True enough, and if I remember correctly, they tried to get her help for her bulimia. Maybe they should have tried harder, but that it even came up at all (even if only in an Afterschool Special, plot driven kind of way) is an anomaly. The show is pretty consistent with glossing over trauma as if it's easy enough to get over, and most characters do (marrying your rapist, becoming best friends with the woman who scarred your face out of spite), so I don't put too much stock in their failure to get Samiinto therapy.

(edited)
Jack, unlike any of the other rapists, did show remorse and he did the hard work of redeeming himself.  It took years, and it was interesting to watch.  It hasn't been glossed over.  While many victims MARRY their rapists on soaps, Kayla and Jack still showed discomfort each and every time they met without saying a word.  It's a credit to the actors, because I'd bet that's not in the script.

Agreed. Jack has never, ever forgiven himself for what he did and has never treated it as anything but a crime. There was always remorse and holding back because of Jack's guilt. He even admitted to it in court during Jennifer's rape trial. Matthew Ashford has gone on record as saying that he and Mary Beth Evans have always made sure to keep it in their scenes. It's something I always appreciated about their portrayals.

I remember being absolutely shocked that they were doing a triangle with Jack/Jennifer/Emilio and then slowly realizing that it not only was working, I was rooting for Jack. Sadly, I wouldn't wish modern day Jenn even on Emilio - a character I detested by the end of his run.

I also found it strange that Abby didn't put it together that what Gabby lead to Jack's "death". But that is nothing compared to the fact the Gabby lied to her.

So, I saw where a rumor that Sami asks Abby to be her maid of honor. If that is true than it just points to Sami knowing about using the wedding to bust them.

Edited by cmahorror

becoming best friends with the woman who scarred your face out of spite

It's also ridiculous that Brady would want anything to do with Nicole after she tried to have his grandfather murdered. What lie was it that Nicole told Brady that caused him to become the asshole we see today? I think it had something to do with Sydney?

• Love 2
(edited)

I think Rafe enabled Sami in her self-destructive behavior.

I wouldn't put Rafe in the same category as Lucas. When Rafe likes a woman, he goes along with whatever weird plans the lady has.

There was no legitimate reason for Rafe  to go along with Sami's plan to withhold EJ's kid from him, or to dismiss Arianna when she pointeod out that Sami was the one who shot EJ in the head.

I'm surprised Jordan hasn't realized yet that Rafe will throw everyone under the bus, including his own family, for his current lady-love.

Sami's plans are often stupid, but Rafe often times thought they were great ideas, but his role in those plans are often overlooked.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

I don't know how most of the people on this show can stand to be in the same room with just about anyone else, let alone be friends. They've all screwed each other over to varying degrees. Every time Stefano waltzes into the Brady Pub, my eyes hurt from all the rolling. 

True, everyone enables Sami to some extent, but EJ's the only one who revels in it, which is why I find him so awful.  And yes, if I think more about it, Rafe is no Lucas!

• Love 1
(edited)

I think it's both funny and weird that Marlena is only realizing in 2014 that, in her professional opinion, Sami has the potential to become like Kate.

You mean you didn't realize this when Sami roofied Austin????

Sami is now 37. I think the extreme nature of her personality might at present be set in stone.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

If Sami was married to Rafe right now, and had tossed Nick in the river, her family would be praising her for helping Rafe's sister, and protecting her from Nick.  Just like Roman covered for Nicole when she ran Kristen off the road.  It all depends on who the target is and the circumstances.

• Love 1
(edited)

If Abigail isn't going to put two and two together and realize that Andrew was responsible for Jack's death, why is she sobbing so much?

Why is Abigail acting as if she's Melanie and was stalked by Andrew?

Edited by bantering

I think it's both funny and weird that Marlena is only realizing in 2014 that, in her professional opinion, Sami has the potential to become like Kate.

You mean you didn't realize this when Sami roofied Austin????

Sami is now 37. I think the extreme nature of her personality might at present be set in stone.

It has always struck me how Marlena, as a professional therapist, was willing to show such favoritism toward her stepdaughter, Carrie, over Sami. I know this happens in real life, but All Wise Marlena should: a)understand some of the dynamics behind Sami's dysfunction, b) recognize her own culpability in some of this, and c) avoid playing into the good child/bad child trope. But there I go using logic with story lines that are random at best.

• Love 1

I don't know how most of the people on this show can stand to be in the same room with just about anyone else, let alone be friends. They've all screwed each other over to varying degrees. 

It constantly amazes me how quickly people forgive and forget in Salem.  If Nicole would just cool her jets for a while, I'm sure Eric will forget all about how she ruined his life and helped destroy his reputation.  The only thing he will remember is their sweet, sweet love and he will speak glowingly of her virtues in about 6 months time.  It didn't take Jennifer too long to forget that Nicole falsely accused her of baby murder and they became great friends and book club pals.  And EJ and Sami laugh all about that time he raped her and she shot him the head. 

Why is Abigail acting as if she's Melanie and was stalked by Andrew?

Because she's a Drama Queen and also I really do think she's nuts.

• Love 1

Days preview from Twitter this morning: 

http://www.nbc.com/days-of-our-lives/video/weekly-preview-61614/2789778

I wonder what it is Sami sees out the window? So I guess Eve is Paige's mom?

I do like the new set, I get a little too excited about new locales. 

As far as Brady and Theresa waking up on the couch? I can see Brady (or both) passing out on the couch after partying too hard and just waking up there the next morning. And Theresa may be feeling hung over on those mornings, but playing it cool with Brady (I want her hangover remedy.) Also, if she is used to starting her days with bloody Marys and drugs early, she has probably built up quite a tolerance!

I thought Marlena should have gotten Sami into therapy after she was raped by Alan. I thought that particular rape was tilted Sami into full-on extreme mode, not just the affair. I feel that part of Sami`s dislike of Carrie comes from Alan trying to substitute Sami for Carrie, resulting in Sami getting raped in the process.

But in the scenes I saw on Youtube, it seemed as though Marlena was all about praising Carrie even though Sami was the one who was pressing charges against Alan.

• Love 3

So, it sure does look like Melanie is coming back. Didn't we see signs of a Chad recast some months ago? Wonder if they'll return as a couple and throw even more angst Abigail's way. And I also don't know why no one has made the mental leap to tie Jack's death to Gabbi's bullshit. Well, Jenn has a lot on her mind right now, but still. 

I'm disappointed in Kate. What's in it for her to be with Stefano again, especially when she's avidly trying to run Jordan out of town? Something's amiss there. 

Eve is Paige's mom! based on the previews, at least. I wish it was Charlotte Ross. 

Of course Sami asks Abby to be her maid of honor

Unless there really is a Sami/Kate scheme going on, this isn't even plausible for me.  Women don't just anybody to be their maid of honor and maybe I've missed something, but I've never seen any meaningful friendship between Sami and Abby.  It would make more sense for Sami to ask Kate to be her honor attendant.

• Love 2

The only way I want to see Sami marry EJ is if Kate and Sami are scheming, and Sami is setting EJ and the boring twit up for a major fall.  If Kate and Sami really are fighting with each other again, I hope Stefano and EJ literally get caught in the cross fire, and end up dead.

I thought Marlena should have gotten Sami into therapy after she was raped by Alan. I thought that particular rape was tilted Sami into full-on extreme mode, not just the affair. I feel that part of Sami`s dislike of Carrie comes from Alan trying to substitute Sami for Carrie, resulting in Sami getting raped in the process.

But in the scenes I saw on Youtube, it seemed as though Marlena was all about praising Carrie even though Sami was the one who was pressing charges against Alan.

Carrie also testified against Sami during the rape trial, and that was one of the reasons Alan was acquitted.  The writers back then actually took time to show how Sami became the way she is.  Now they just label a character as either good or bad (no matter what they do), and that's it.  Marlena also just expected Sami to accept Rafe and Carrie being in love and becoming a couple.  Then a few weeks after Carrie left Salem with Austin Marlena was lecturing Sami about EJ, and telling her to get back together with Rafe.

Poor Chad.  His romantic prospects suck.  The boring twit or the annoying twit.

• Love 1