Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

(edited)

Apparently not. Julie’s back to demand her turn. If Doug has any balls he’d put three bullets in her to finally shut her big bossy mouth up.

Not entirely sure that would get the job done; maybe the bullets should be silver, just to be on the safe side.

I care that Paige is being punked, but only because Paige seems to be sharp enough to notice when she's being messed with, unlike half of the population of town twice her age.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 4
(edited)

Sorry people, I just can't get behind Gabi getting ten years for shooting Nick.  I especially find that figure baffling because he was blackmailing her over a previous crime.  I've never bought into the idea that Gabi was an abused woman.  He was blackmailing her so she shot him.  Simples.  And it was premeditated and she put the gun back in the bag.  Nick didn't have to die, she could have went to the cops.  She didn't have a problem telling Mar about Kami when she was caught so she could have told Rafe if she really wanted to.  There wasn't even any outward (or inward) signs of abuse and Nick never threatened anyone's life to justify him being murdered.  He was just using blackmail to control her and she let him.  I never believed that she was terrified of Nick.  Gabi just wanted to cover her own ass.

That said, I don't like how Julie felt entitled (the Horton's and their entitlement!) to just march into the police station for an audience with Gabi.  She's still blind to Nick's faults.  Nick was on his 99th chance, but I don't think Gabi deserves a second chance for killing someone and then being martyred for it.  Why isn't anyone pointing out what a dumb bitch she is?  Fawning over Gabi for killing someone but Nicole is The Devil for shredding some papers.  It just shows where their priorities are .  I must have missed the episode where Gabi turned into JLo from Enough.

Glad Kate threw the sex tape in Mar's face.  I'm tired of Sami bring up the Jarlena Affair (seriously she can't leave fast enough if she's gonna replay old shit for me especially when she dumped Lucas for her rapist).  But, I do agree with her bringing up the fact that Mar is judgemental.

Edited by 271queenie
  • Love 1

Ever since I got a whiff of Eric/Jennifer being a possibility, I've transported them to Avonlea a la Anne of Green Gables where all they do is attend church picnics together, make various types of cordials and jams, and engage in a courtship that involves nothing more than walking side by side... perhaps the scandalous part would be if they loitered at the ice cream shop after 7pm. Mrs. Rachel Lynde in the Anne books is the resident busybody and has plenty to say about everyone, particularly if she doesn't approve.

Now, seriously, what is the deal with Jennifer's hair?! It's bad enough that she's all taupe but what is that? A wee little bump-it or something to give her some volume but not enough to be scandalous or something? And, also seriously, was she whining about Nicole tearing Daniel apart? She was doing just fine in the argument with Nicole until that point. (Sidenote: Nicole, shut up. You weren't going to tell Eric. Ever. You can bleat all you want about how you were going to tell him 'in your own time' but Jennifer was absolutely right to not believe a word of that.) Once she had to invoke the majesty of Daniel and his deep and powerful compassion that run so so very deep... forget it. What we ended up with was an argument where both people sucked. Daniel Jonas: The Doctor Who Feels Too Much (But Doesn't Bathe Enough)

I hope Daniel/Nicole totally fuck because that's usually what anger and holding back of slaps and such result in. At the same time... that would just further the Eric/Jennifer Avonlea Love Carriage. I'm torn. I really am.

So... are we done with everyone in Salem visiting Gabi yet because I am so beyond over it at this point.

Your "Mrs. Rachel Lynde" is so funny and so perfect that I'll never be able to look at Jenn the same way again and for that ALONE I thank you.  Jenn could be right about everything all the time and I'd still despise her.  Her self-righteousness and barely concealed glee when she gets to out someone or pass judgement annoys the hell out of me.  But I do enjoy hating that elderly horror.

I'm hoping against hope that her latest hair disaster is concealing some giant goiter that will pop out at some inopportune time - book club, maybe, when they're discussing "Heaven is Real" or some such crap and put out Abigail's eye.

"Daniel Jonas: The Doctor Who Feels Too Much (But Doesn't Bathe Enough"

SUPERB description!

As for visiting Gabi, haven't they milked this dry by now?  Or do we have to wait for everyone in town who hasn't met her to come on down and introduce themselves to her before she goes away? 

She would have spent her time more wisely if she's binge-watched "Orange is the New Black".

• Love 1

As for visiting Gabi, haven't they milked this dry by now?  Or do we have to wait for everyone in town who hasn't met her to come on down and introduce themselves to her before she goes away? 

She would have spent her time more wisely if she's binge-watched "Orange is the New Black".

Why does Gabi get such a protracted exit?  If she was Jack she would have disappeared May 30th.

• Love 1

I hate almost all of these characters.  There are some of them that actually have a point which I agree with, however, they are all so stupid and handle things so poorly, I wind up wanting to smack them.

• Love 1
(edited)

We've known Gabi was leaving since January 17th, and it felt like it took forever to get to this point.  Now that it's here, they're still taking forever!  They'll probably have Ben come visit her for the heck of it too.  I don't think I'm going to watch live until the end of the week.  I'm sick of the Days of Gabi's Life.  FS has less than a year left on his contract so excuse me if I'd like to see what a Gabi-less Wilson looks like before it's too late.  Even if it's not much, it will matter to me, just like wanting to see what a Sami-less Days looks like.

BTW Ben had chemistry with both Sonny and Will when they were sitting on the couch yesterday.  I wish we could have had a triangle with them instead of one with Chad/Abby/Ben.  Just get rid of Abby/KM since they keep having to recast men to pair her with.

Edited by 271queenie
Fawning over Gabi for killing someone but Nicole is The Devil for shredding some papers.

I think the difference here between Gabi and Nicole is that Nick was actually tormenting Gabi (thus to some extent provoking her) and a lot of other people while Eric did nothing to Nicole to deserve the treatment he got from her. Eric was an innocent victim. Not sure we can say that about Nick (at least I can’t. I’m sure some fans of the character might.) Gabi’s crime of murder might have been worse but she didn’t act entirely for her own self gain whereas Nicole was the only person that benefited from her actions. Plus Gabi has shown remorse and expressed her regret to the people hurt by Nick’s death. Nicole is still a lying mess of denial.

If Jenn and Eric date, I'm guessing they will NEVER have sex.

That would be nice for the viewer as I’m gonna go out on a limb here and guess that there aren’t a whole lot of fans that would want to see that.

I was smiling, and my smile got bigger and bigger, as I was reading posts in Facebook where so many viewers were trashing Jennifer.  Hey, Show, you ought to check your audience.

Yeah but they’ve been trashing Abby for months and she’s still around. I don’t think TPTB read their own FB page.

I hate almost all of these characters.  There are some of them that actually have a point which I agree with, however, they are all so stupid and handle things so poorly, I wind up wanting to smack them.

Some days I can’t figure out if I’m watching Days of Our Lives or Lifestyles of the Desperate and Pathetic!

• Love 2
(edited)

BTW Ben had chemistry with both Sonny and Will when they were sitting on the couch yesterday.  I wish we could have had a triangle with them instead of one with Chad/Abby/Ben.

Funny; it looked to me like the baby playing Ari G. clearly thought so, too; she was alternately staring at NuBen and looking back and forth between her My Two Dads and Ben like she was thinking "Well, are you getting in on the kissing, or what? Also: what's the deal with your big secret, anyhow?"

Okay, maybe not so much with that last part.

I was actually so surprised when Jennifer hugged Eric that I thought I must have missed the part where they have a long, deep friendship. They ... don't, do they?

I still think Nicole should be pissed at Eric for ever thinking she could have abused him. She's yet another Salem woman going to pieces over an unworthy man.

Some days I can’t figure out if I’m watching Days of Our Lives or Lifestyles of the Desperate and Pathetic!

Like there's a difference?

Edited by Sandman
(edited)

I think the difference here between Gabi and Nicole is that Nick was actually tormenting Gabi (thus to some extent provoking her) and a lot of other people while Eric did nothing to Nicole to deserve the treatment he got from her. Eric was an innocent victim. Not sure we can say that about Nick (at least I can’t. I’m sure some fans of the character might.) Gabi’s crime of murder might have been worse but she didn’t act entirely for her own self gain whereas Nicole was the only person that benefited from her actions. Plus Gabi has shown remorse and expressed her regret to the people hurt by Nick’s death. Nicole is still a lying mess of denial.

That would be nice for the viewer as I’m gonna go out on a limb here and guess that there aren’t a whole lot of fans that would want to see that.

Yeah but they’ve been trashing Abby for months and she’s still around. I don’t think TPTB read their own FB page.

I agree with you about Nicole and Eric, but it boggles my mind that they act like Gabi stole a pack of gum from the store when she shot Nick.  I guess the severity of the infraction is the issue for me.  Also Mar-Mar reaming Kami out for attemped murder, but Gabi gets a free pass for actual murder?

I just want one person to acknowledge that Gabi was a fool who needlessly separated herself from her daughter due to her own cowardice.  Instead, they are all lauding the fact that she killed to protect her young, but she only did it to cover her ass which is for her own selfish needs.  If she was so into protecting Ari, why not come clean for a crime that carries a lesser sentence instead of resorting to murder?

I'm no Nick fan, but I don't think Gabi is acting very apologetic about shooting Nick.  She was very vague with Julie today.  It's very easy for Gabi to say all the right things anyway, because she got what she wanted. He's dead.

And Will and Sonny are going to sell this as a romantic tale for Ari to listen to at bedtime when her mother took a human life and that's nothing to celebrate.

I just don't agree with Gabi taking the law into her own hands.  I was looking forward to Nick getting his comeuppance in front of the whole town and being shipped off to a Mental Institution, but now Gabi gets to be judge, jury and executioner and the whole town does a parade through the SPD.

Edited by 271queenie
  • Love 2
I was actually so surprised when Jennifer hugged Eric that I thought I must have missed the part where they have a long, deep friendship. They ... don't, do they?

When I watched in the '80's Jenn was a teenager and Eric was like...4???  I can't remember if they had any interaction when JA played Eric in the late '90's. Wasn't that Jenn's post Peter stage?

(edited)

Sonny and Ben would be so hot, but I keep remembering that the only man Will has had sex with is Sonny, so I guess I would choose Ben and Will if I could.  They should have addressed Will's lack of experience before the wedding.

If Eric and Jen get together Eric is a hypocrite.  He felt that Nicole robbed him of the priesthood, but he's gonna drop that to get his jollies with frigid Jennifer?

I hope if they do attempt something, I hope it lasts as long as EJabby did minus the sex

Edited by 271queenie

I was trying to get the quote function to work about how queenie wouldn't watch the show the rest of the week. Maybe that's a good plan. I think her last show date is 6/12. Because I guess you don't like Gabi.

I'm equally sick of the visitors but Julie did some acting today! Of course she had to ruin it with the last snarky comment "I hope you hate yourself for the rest of your life." but I think she's angry because what Hope said about him being disturbed is sinking in. CB did another excellent job today. See what happens when the writing is good?

I did see how scared she was of Nick in their last few meetings, I posted about it. She told herself she could "try" to love him. She convinced Nick and everybody else that she was just going along with it but I'm convinced, in her own stupid way, she was trying to protect Ari. I don't think she would have confessed if Will hadn't been so stupid. Anybody who thinks Nick was mentally disturbed can't really blame Gabi for being unable to take it anymore. She explained herself really well to Julie. And I hate Julie.

Not her fault the producers wouldn't let her show the fear earlier, she's clearly capable of it. And her scenes after the "drowning" were hilarious with her bumbling and confusion. She really contributed to the black comedy aspect with Kami. The girl is talented, I wish her the best. I hope the AS exit story is as good as this.

You know 271queenie, when Eric was chewing Nicole out when the truth came out, I noticed that rather than the "you took my choices and my vocation away from me" tack that is the reason people are actually so disgusted with Nicole, instead Eric went with "Jennifer was almost killed because you were hiding your lie!" Typical Days: things are only important insofar as they relate to your next sexual partner. 

You know 271queenie, when Eric was chewing Nicole out when the truth came out, I noticed that rather than the "you took my choices and my vocation away from me" tack that is the reason people are actually so disgusted with Nicole, instead Eric went with "Jennifer was almost killed because you were hiding your lie!" Typical Days: things are only important insofar as they relate to your next sexual partner.

Good catch there. I would personally like to dispute Eric and point out that Jennifer was almost killed because she attracts rapists (Jack), skeezy surgeons (Daniel) and in this instance crazy loons (Liam) as her romantic partners. Liam would have come after her whether Nicole would have gone on a shredding spree like the execs at Enron or not. I guess Eric has been drunk on the Jennifer-worshiping Kool-aid to notice that though.

• Love 1

Yeah, of all the things Nicole has made poor choices about, I'm not sure Jennifer's being loon-bait (and her near-cretinous inability to see crazy when it's coming directly her way) is something Nicole can realistically be blamed for.

• Love 2

I'm wondering if the reason TPTB don't pick up on audience opinion on who has chemistry with whom, is because they tape something like five months ahead, so unfortunately it's way too late to factor it in.

I did see a glimpse of audience input today though, with Sami calling out Mar for her judgment. I was actually shocked when IcyMar got up and walked away from her own daughter who had just honestly admitted her pain, after Mar kept saying why didn't you come to me right away? Hell, even Dr Phil says reality is perception and if yer hurtin' yer hurtin'. So Mar gets up and walks away knowing Sami will run after her? Really evil. Oh, and Kami's confession isn't protected by dr/patient privilege. Great job stalking your daughter, Mar.

• Love 1

When I watched in the '80's Jenn was a teenager and Eric was like...4???  I can't remember if they had any interaction when JA played Eric in the late '90's. Wasn't that Jenn's post Peter stage?

Hm.  My mind went other places when you talked about post-Peter.  :D

Gee, doesn't a little dose of Julie go a long way?  Any chance she could fall overboard during her next cruise?

• Love 2
I did see a glimpse of audience input today though, with Sami calling out Mar for her judgment. I was actually shocked when IcyMar got up and walked away from her own daughter who had just honestly admitted her pain, after Mar kept saying why didn't you come to me right away? Hell, even Dr Phil says reality is perception and if yer hurtin' yer hurtin'. So Mar gets up and walks away knowing Sami will run after her? Really evil. Oh, and Kami's confession isn't protected by dr/patient privilege. Great job stalking your daughter, Mar.

I know! Your daughter bares her soul, expresses her pain and fear and your response is to walk away without saying a word. Great parenting skills there.

• Love 4

Marlena is indefensible right now with the way she's behaving.  Shouldn't she - as a therapist - be a whole lot less judgemental with Sami and Kate than she's being?  I'm not sure she even had the right to talk to them about it, considering that her information from Gabi was privileged.  But even without saying a word, that picklepuss of hers was enough to make anyone spill the beans.  You'd think that after all these years of living with Smell the Fart John she'd be a tiny bit LESS of a judgemental superior type.  Wrong!  Maybe she misses the scent Jawn brought to their daily lives so she has to go stink up everyone else's.  I loved Kate, as usual, laying it all out there.  I didn't like seeing Sami reduced to a sniveling child and I sure as hell didn't like Marlena pulling the power trip of then silently walking away from her. 

Hm.  My mind went other places when you talked about post-Peter.  :D

Gee, doesn't a little dose of Julie go a long way?  Any chance she could fall overboard during her next cruise?

Now Rick!  This is Jennifer we're talking about - "Peter" is best not mentioned around her without smelling salts.  She wouldn't have her hair in that tight of a bun if her knickers weren't also in knots.  And it looks like she's not going to be Dirty Dan's chicken of the sea much longer.  Make that an long in the tooth chicken at best.

Julie......I do like seeing her, I just don't like it when she opens that yap of hers.  Even with what she now knows of Nick's misdeeds, she's determined to see things as she wished they had been, not as they were.  I'm not Team Gabi but I AM glad that Nick is dead.  Shallow as I am, I wanted to murder him JUST to stop that snif he made every time he said more than two words.  Thank God Gabi hit him in the chest.  If she'd aimed for the lips he's still be alive. 

Maybe Julie's precious Nick might not have gone so far off the rails if she had missed a cruise or two and actually spent some time with him - not that Julie's advice would be much good.  But all her righteous anger is a bit misplaced.  I'm surprised she had time to take the body back to Marie - weren't she and Doug ready to sail off again?

We got a new set today, Paige's living room.  Does this mean we will see her mother soon?  Please tell me her mother isn't Eve.

It took me a long long minute to realize they weren't at Theresa's place, which made not sense at all that they would be.  It sure looked like her place, though.  I can't imagine her mother is Eve - wouldn't everyone in town already know Eve and know they were there?

• Love 3

I know! Your daughter bares her soul, expresses her pain and fear and your response is to walk away without saying a word. Great parenting skills there.

Like mother, like daughter.  That was Sami's reaction when Will came out to her.

• Love 1

And if her mother was Eve, wouldn't she have mentioned to JJ that her and Teresa are related (neice/aunt, right)? 

Marlena is such an asshole, as is Julie. 

Nicole saw right through boring, oval Jennifer today.  Jen can say over and over again that she does the things she does because she's protecting poor, dumb Daniel (who BTW should be pretty offended at her lack of regard for him), but she's just jealous and envious of their friendship.

I wish Eric would get hit in the head and wake up with a new personality.

Eric does need a new personality, cause when I see Eric I just sing The Little Mermaid theme because he looks like Prince Eric from The Little Mermaid. They should pair Eric up with a red-head and name her Ariel.

I really don't pay much attention to Marlena, her face doesn't move and she really can't act either cause her face is stuck.

• Love 1
(edited)

Sami is responsible for her own screw ups, but I can see why she doesn’t confide in Marlena and go to her for advice.  Marlena is so icy with her children.  I wonder if that is one of the reasons why Sami is so over protective of her children, and constantly meddles in Will’s life.  I wish Sami and Kate weren’t reverting to being enemies.

I can see where Eric’s SL is headed.  He will be the latest speed bump in Dannifer because their boring relationship woes are so much more important than they fact that Eric was drugged, raped, publicly humiliated, kicked out of the priesthood, and then lied to by the woman who claims to love him. {face palm}

Why have Sami, Eric, and Brady not met up for a drink to discuss what idiots they were for getting involved with EJ, Nicole, and Kristen?  Oh right, Sami still doesn’t know what a lying cheating bastard she is engaged to because the writers have de-brained and defanged her.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 2

I recently picked the show back up again and am happy to find that it's surpassed my (admittedly very low!) expectations. The key for me is fast forwarding through all Dannifer scenes and scenes where other characters exist only to ridiculously and inexplicably prop up Dannifer. Granted, this only leaves about 10-15 of viewing for me per episode, but it's genuinely enjoyable viewing! 

As others have said, I think one's history with soaps has a lot to do with how we view present characters and storylines. As a relative newbie who knew nothing about Jennifer or her familial roots on the show (and who, sadly, missed when she was supposedly a moderately fun character!), I'm kind of blown away by just how joyless, flat and dull she is. I usually enjoy characters who are more serious introverts---(I am one, in fact!)---but Jennifer just strikes me as so contagiously miserable and dully unpleasant.  Daniel, meanwhile, is smarmy and irksome. And boring as well. I guess maybe there's be hope for them when and if they finally share storylines with people other than each other, but nothing I've seen makes me too optimistic. And speaking of boring...

Ugh, Eric and Brady are both so painfully wooden and dull for me! I agree with those who think Nicole, love her or hate her or somewhere in between, is a million times too dynamic and vibrant for such a cipher. 

I find Gabi more likable now that she's an imprisoned killer. I shudder to think of what that says about me :) 

• Love 2

Marlena yesterday... people, I was living for Marlena yesterday! If I didn't know that Days tapes like 5 years ahead of time I'd swear they were trolling me with Marlena the Detached Observational Scientist yesterday. That shit was amazing!

She lurked in the background, stony expression on point, as Kate and Sami compared notes. Then revealed herself (all she was missing was a cape flourish, dammit) and started pushing buttons like crazy. Kate must be a most irritating test subject. How can you properly evaluate Kate the Honey Badger? She doesn't give a shit! Hell, Kate goes and tosses Marlena's stuff right back at her.

I'm vastly disappointed that Marlena's response to Kate throwing playing the video of Eric and Kristen wasn't "That was for SCIENCE!" And then Kate, who couldn't care less, leaves so Marlena can give the stony, detached looks to Sami... seriously, that whole interaction between them was so obviously some sort of behavioral experiment on Marlena's part and Sami fell for all of it. Marlena just leaving was magnificent. SCIENCE! MAD SCIENCE! Subject: Daughter, Younger remains as susceptible to cold silences as ever. She gets increasingly agitated the longer the silence lasts. Have implemented new strategy to see how Subject: Daughter, Younger reacts to new stimuli: Leaving in the middle of an interaction. Will require further study.

Meanwhile, Jennifer and Eric talk about tea and jams.

Jen: I think strawberry jam is best... it just tastes of summer, doesn't it?

Eric: I had lingonberry once. It was at a very formal tea. Terribly exciting.

Jen: How delightful! It's now my new dream to taste lingonberry jam on freshly made scones.

Eric: But no matter how fancy a berry is, it's hard to exceed that homey feeling that a summer strawberry invokes.

Jen: I knew we were kindred spirits!

Oh come on, they may as well have been talking about that. 

• Love 12

There are only two things that Daniel and Eric need to say - "Bye Bitch!"

Dandesun, you are killing me with your summaries.  Especially the "It was for SCIENCE!" line.  The problem Marlena has with Sami is that she's not a paying customer.  Marlena only helps PATIENTS who admit they have PROBLEMS and who can afford her FEE!

Sami, for crying out loud, wash your hair.  Has the water been turned off in the mansion?  Between EJ's new hobo look and Sami's greasy flat hair, I am beginning to wonder if the bill has been paid.

• Love 1
(edited)
Sami, for crying out loud, wash your hair.  Has the water been turned off in the mansion?

Hee! I love Sami (don't ask me why...it can't be explained or justified other than to say that she's among the sadly few characters who seems vibrant and remotely interesting to me!), but I was transfixed by the unwashed, over-gelled awfulness of her hair. Come to think of it, I'm not exactly a fan of what they're doing with Nicole's hair either.

The actor who plays Eric could be marketed as a human sleep aid. Granted, he's not given the world's most dynamic characterization to work with, but he's just so painfully dull. 

Dannifer is show-ruiningly awful, as per usual. Does Jennifer ever, ever not look like she's about to burst into tears? Do *I* ever not want to burst into tears just watching them?! Seriously, I'm admittedly just a sporadic viewer, but whenever I tune in they're either broken up yet again or about to be. Have they ever been happily together for more than a couple of episodes at a time? Is either character even capable of happiness at all? 

If I could get rid of just five current characters:

Jennifer

Daniel*

Eric

Brady

Abigail 

*...and everyone who repeatedly, senselessly props up the disaster that is Dannifer in lieu of getting an actual storyline of their own. 

Edited by mstaken
  • Love 2
(edited)

Whoever is doing wardrobe, makeup, and hair needs to be fired.

mistaken, I've volunteered to be the serial killer so I will take your request under advisement (which means I'm on it).  Anyone else want to give me a list?

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 3

Damn these Salem residents!  They are either possessed by the devil or Rasputin.

In addition to shooting, stabbing, and poisoning them, I doused them with gasoline, set them on fire, and cut their heads off.  They keep returning.  The two headed monster known as Dannifer is particularly annoying as they keep returning with more talking heads that prop them.

• Love 2

I actually don't want Daniel dead. I just want him taken to his logical conclusion as the local Dr. Feelgood who doesn't realize he's too old to dress like that. If other characters could start actually talking about how he constantly falls into bed with his patients, that would be great. If other characters would start making faces to indicate that Dr. Pigpen doesn't smell very good, that would be even better. 

• Love 2
If other characters would start making faces to indicate that Dr. Pigpen doesn't smell very good, that would be even better.

We need a scene where Kayla, as chief of staff, delicately sits Dr. Dirty down and explains that he needs to shower and shampoo before he comes into work. Better yet if Ann and Theresa are present to hand him a copy of the hygiene policy from the HR office.

• Love 4

OK, are they really pushing Eve as Paige's mysterious mother?  Though who would this cousin be?  Theresa is Eve's sister, if Eve is the mother, Theresa is Paige's aunt.  But surely JJ would have realized he is in Theresa's apartment.  I'm confused.

And the never-ending Gabriella Hernandez farewell tour continues.  Thought I do wish that T had told Gabi about why he dumped her, because Nick told him she thought he was boring.

• Love 1
OK, are they really pushing Eve as Paige's mysterious mother?  Though who would this cousin be?  Theresa is Eve's sister, if Eve is the mother, Theresa is Paige's aunt.  But surely JJ would have realized he is in Theresa's apartment.  I'm confused.

Me too! If Paige turns out any way related to Eve, the show just blew a major opportunity by not having Paige and Theresa be friendly much to JJ's horror.  

If the cousin isn't Eve, then it must be a cousin on the father's side of the family. While it looks like Therea's apartment in layout, there was no booze, cocaine, or naked Brady laying about. 

Plus are they going to change Eve's character with the recast? I hate when they do that. Paige's mother is all about her studying and being a good student. Ah yeah, don't see that about Eve--the former teen prostitute.  

• Love 2
(edited)

Maybe Eve became a registered Republican after her reform?

I actually think that the broken relationship between Sami and Marlena is as close as the show has come in yeeeeeeeeaaaaars to protraying a realistically screwed up family dynamic. I'm disappointed that everything for Sami seems to come back to her mother's relationship with John (but I can see how she might find that traumatic). Sami has tried to have a different sort of relationship with her own children, with varying degrees of success -- and not insignificant but unintended repetitions of her mother's mistakes with her. I do think Marlena is too close to her own tangle of disappointed hopes, failings, guilt and recriminations to respond with any real insight into their dynamic. Does that make her a hypocrite? Maybe; or maybe it just means there's a reason why therapists don't see family members in any professional capacity. In any event, it's a more realistic story, for all its frustrations, than the norm for this show -- by which I mean things like amnesia via head-bonk, recidivist rapists marrying their true-love-slash-targets, and long-form studies of the moral and ethical implications of sex-dart poison delivery systems.

That doesn't mean, however, that I'm not giggling like a maniac at the "It was for SCIENCE!" outbursts. Because I am. Obviously.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 3

If the cousin isn't Eve, then it must be a cousin on the father's side of the family. While it looks like Therea's apartment in layout, there was no booze, cocaine, or naked Brady laying about.

A dead giveaway indeed.

(edited)

It looked nothing like Theresa's apt. Sami's old brown glass backsplash anyone? Where she was apparently trying to raise 3 or 4 kids in what is max a 2 br apt? Even smaller than Rafe's. No kitchen in either one. No wonder she fled to the DiMansion.

Very strange about TruePaige since JJ seems to have known about her since he came back. So TruePaige has only been in town briefly or her mother hasn't had contact with her daughter for how long?

Eve must be the pretty cousin referred to. I need to check Days family charts now.

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 1
(edited)
Plus are they going to change Eve's character with the recast? I hate when they do that. Paige's mother is all about her studying and being a good student. Ah yeah, don't see that about Eve--the former teen prostitute.

What if Eve has actually matured and wants her daughter to avoid some of the mistakes that she's made?  Nevermind, people don't grow or learn from their mistakes on this show.

Edited by drtslim
What if Eve has actually matured and wants her daughter to avoid some of the mistakes that she's made?  Nevermind, people don't grow or learn from their mistakes on this show.

Yeah that would be totally out of character for everyone and anyone in Salem. Plus, Eve was always a great bad girl. Why ruin that???....Oh wait, the current writers don't know how to write good villains so they probably will ruin that. 

It would be weird if Eve lived in Salem and Kim and Shane never mentioned it when they visited.

Yeah that would be total bad writing. So it will probably happen. I think Shane at least needs to make a cameo when Eve returns. 

Wait, if Eve were the cousin or the mother then JJ would be related.

Eve and JJ are not related. Eve's parents are Shane Donovan and Gabrielle Pascal. JJ's parents are Jenifer (Horton) and Jack Deveraux (Johnson by blood). 

• Love 1