Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Just finished watching yesterday's episode. 

I have never liked or been a fan of Gabi's.  But.. I thought she did a great job with the confession scenes.  IMO, Camila really put it out there, her tears and expressions felt real to me.  I almost misted up at her performance and I don't like Gabi!!  Good job!

I hate Jennifer and her smug, self-righteous face so so much, I just want to slap her!!   I hope Nicole's new storyline will be her murdering Jennifer.  Nicole stalks and confronts Jen, Abigail puts her smug face in the way so Nicole shoots her first, then while St Jennifer lies sobbing over Abby's dead body, Nicole shoots her right in her smug face.  I'm willing to lose Nicole to prison for the rest of her life to have these things happen.  I'm feeling a bit vicious, I guess, sorry.

Why the scenes with Rafe and Jordan?  They are nothing but a snoozefest and they added exactly zero to the story, IMO.  I used the time they were onscreen to fix a cup of coffee and then some breakfast for my dogs.  Thanks for the extra time, Days.

Now that the murder investigation is about wrapped up, I hope we see Hope less.  She's been drinking at the fountain of Devereaux smug and self righteousness apparently with her "Nick didn't deserve to die" BS.  From one of my past favorite characters to another Horton Harpy, Hope needs something better to do. 

Looking forward to today's ep. 

• Love 3
I really think they need to do something with Nicole, like a murder mystery. She's so damn repulsive acting like a marriage is gonna solve her problem.

I would like for her to have a brain transplant - something where she isn't pathetic anymore.  I like AZ, but I am done with Nicole as a character.  I want them to kill off Nicole and bring AZ in as a different person - Nicole's long lost twin, her clone, her amazing lookalike cousin, whatever.  But Nicole needs to go.  And I am absolutely sick of her woe-be-gone expression.

I too would like for Eric to go apeshit on all these people who crapped on him and yes, that includes Nicole.

Gabi killing Nick was a huge downer for me.  I don't care how much she hated him or was afraid of him - she killed him and now she goes to prison for life and her daughter grows up without her mother.  Ugh. 

• Love 6

Someone please send Marlena to shrink Abby because she just reeks of the early signs of becoming unhinged. She takes Ben picture (after he doesn't want it taken) and photoshops it w/Gabby's!  Is this because she kinda likes Ben but would like him more if she could picture him with another woman because that seems to be Abby's kink???? Did she not see the hypocrisy that she didn't like her real picture being taken w/EJ but it's okay to photograph Ben and morph it into a fake photo with a girl he barely knows?  It's becoming quite clear that she doesn't fall far from Laura and Nick on the Horton family tree. 

• Love 4

She takes Ben picture (after he doesn't want it taken) and photoshops it w/Gabby's!

This is pretty nuts.  I might enjoy Abby more if she were genuinely insane.  Unfortunately, I don't think that is the writers' intention.

• Love 2

Okay, was it just me or was Jennifer kind of all one color yesterday? It's like her outfit matched her skin tone and her hair was just a shade off of that. She was Walking Taupe. I couldn't concentrate on anything she had to say because I was so distracted by how monochromatic she was. Not that she generally has anything worthwhile to say... but her concern for Eric is raising red flags and I just...

Eric and Jennifer are going to be a thing, aren't they? They will be attending church picnics, sing 'Lo, How A Rose E'er Blooming' and making cordial together. Mrs. Rachel Lynde already disapproves of them.

So... yeah, Gabi got a bit off her chest, didn't she? Lots of weeping and wailing and carrying on. Blah blah blah yakkity smakkity.

Sonny is delightful. You have no idea how strange it is to type that sentence after being driven away from General Hospital by a Sonny who is the opposite of delightful. It's bizarre and I have to practice. Sonny's adorable! Sonny makes me happy! Sonny's so sweet! Sonny is awesome!

Still not used to it. I'm happy to let Sonny continue to drive me to accolades. What a strange new land...

I might enjoy Abby more if she were genuinely insane.  Unfortunately, I don't think that is the writers' intention.

Me too, and I agree the writers drop us little crumbs at Abby's craziness but they never give us the whole cake. 

Abby needs to be eaten by a bear. 

Gabi is ridiculous. She should have gone to EJ before she confessed so he could have help her spin her story.

Nicole should have just been honest with Eric and admitted she destroyed the evidence because she's selfish. Her saying she did it because she loved him so much was just pathetic. 

I know this is more of a General Hospital reference but Abby really should DIAF. I think we're at a point where we need to find a new word to describe just how horrible she is. Ben, not walk but run away from her. Take your sister and leave town immediately.

Nicole is just so selfish and pathetic. I loved the gold-digging Nicole that was with Victor but this vow is me victim crap is terrible.

• Love 1

I know logically Kate, Sami, and Gabi shouldn’t have tossed Nick in the river, but I don’t want to see self-righteous Marlena lecturing Sami.  I was completely on Marlena’s side when she gave Stefano a cocktail of drugs that put him in a coma (if only he had stayed there).

CB did a good job, but Gabi is beyond dumb.  She’s got Kate, Sami, EJ, Will, and Sonny (two crime families, multiple felony committing criminals, one of whom is an attorney), and this was her solution to the Nick problem?  Actually, the writers are beyond dumb for completely ruining an SL that started out great.

Eric is right to walk away from Nicole, but I don’t want to see him paired with Jen.

Run, Ben, run.

• Love 3

I hate Jennifer and her smug, self-righteous face so so much, I just want to slap her!!   I hope Nicole's new storyline will be her murdering Jennifer.  Nicole stalks and confronts Jen, Abigail puts her smug face in the way so Nicole shoots her first, then while St Jennifer lies sobbing over Abby's dead body, Nicole shoots her right in her smug face. 

Someone please send Marlena to shrink Abby because she just reeks of the early signs of becoming unhinged. ... It's becoming quite clear that she doesn't fall far from Laura and Nick on the Horton family tree. 

This is pretty nuts.  I might enjoy Abby more if she were genuinely insane.  Unfortunately, I don't think that is the writers' intention.

Okay, was it just me or was Jennifer kind of all one color yesterday? It's like her outfit matched her skin tone and her hair was just a shade off of that. She was Walking Taupe. I couldn't concentrate on anything she had to say because I was so distracted by how monochromatic she was. Not that she generally has anything worthwhile to say... but her concern for Eric is raising red flags and I just...

Eric and Jennifer are going to be a thing, aren't they? They will be attending church picnics, sing 'Lo, How A Rose E'er Blooming' and making cordial together. Mrs. Rachel Lynde already disapproves of them.

Abby is a freak.

Me too, and I agree the writers drop us little crumbs at Abby's craziness but they never give us the whole cake. 

Abby needs to be eaten by a bear. 

I know this is more of a General Hospital reference but Abby really should DIAF.

All your posts are like music to my ears.  Thank you!  Jenn and Abigail are the WORST.  I know Nicole is pretty pathetic but I don't have the intense dislike of the character that I do for Jenn and that hag of a daughter of hers. 

We all knew people like this, probably still do.  In school there was always one or two in each class, that the teachers loved and our parents wished we'd be more like.  We of course thought they were crazy because we KNEW how nuts these types really were. 

But the show has this disconnect between the characters they show us and and what they think we're seeing.  We see Jenn with this nutty obsession of hers to butt into other people's business and Abigail does the same.  Then they both ignore their own misdeeds or failings and bitch everyone else out.  But the show seems to want us to think they're just great.  Show is WRONG.  They suck.

I love Dandesun's description of what the Eric/Jenn pairing will look like!  Perfect. 

They really should just have Jenn and Abigail give up the jobs they never do anyway, and just go door to door in Salem offering unwanted advice and passing judgements on one and all until somebody just shoots them.

• Love 4

Did Gabi really blame Sami by saying she didn't try to help Nick out of the water? That scene could have been interpreted two ways: Nick clinging to get out of the water or pulling Sami in. Kambi all acted like it was the latter. Sami declared Nick dead and wanted to dump his body, but Gabi was right there with Kate pulling Sami away from Nick. I don't know why they're all acting like they didn't have autonomy when it came to what happened to Nick.

• Love 1
(edited)

I understand Gabi's need to unburden herself, but I think what bothered me is Marlena since I'm on #TeamGrandmaKate. Marlena just swooped in during Will's coming out and got all the glory. Anyway, who cares what Gabi says because she's going to spend a long time behind bars off my screen. Rafe should feel really guilty for being too busy sexing Jordan to be available for his sister. He hasn't really been present in her life since the coma. And Abby is just Abnormal.I don't understand why she's the most desirable woman on the show.

Edited by 271queenie
(edited)
Mrs. Rachel Lynde already disapproves of them.

Dande, I'm not even sure I can express how much I love this!

Camila really put it out there.

Yeah, nice going, show; making me care about Gabi NOW.

Is it just me, or does the baby (or babies) playing Ari G. look a whole lot more like OlWill than NuWill? I'm kind of chuckling at it, even as I'm trying not to laugh at Sonny and Will with their "Covering for me? I thought I was covering for you!" non-conversation. (Also: is there a moratorium on kissing? There's a lot of husband-hugging (hugging husbandry? Husbandly huggery?) going on.)

Yeah, I hope Shut Up! Rafe shoots himself in his empty noggin out of guilt.

Edited by Sandman

I think what Nicole has done to Eric is full on shitty but I remain in admiration to her full on commitment to it all. I mean, she was committed to that lie like nothing I've seen in a good long time. She didn't even seem too bothered by the fact that she was keeping it from Eric because that's the kind of commitment necessary!

Now, if this led to Eric getting some satisfaction from everyone else in the world regarding what Kristen did that would be great... and, really, can he and Brady make up already? No, Brady's too busy snorting coke because John's hanging around (really, that's the reason isn't it? I haven't seen any other reason for it) -- wouldn't it have been more interesting for Eric to go to Brady to tell him that he didn't betray him with Kristen, that he would never have done that, and for Brady to be relieved... make tentative steps to heal the wounds between him and Eric and then start snorting coke again because it was proven that the woman who was supposed to love him did that to his brother?

Or would that make too much sense?

As it is, I'm guessing that Eric's going to be all grateful to Daniel for getting the truth out... even though Daniel didn't actually follow through with that... which will make his growing whatever with Jennifer supposed to be 'tortured' (for all the wrong reasons) even as the Quilting Club looks troubled by it all. Not that the Quilting Club approves of Dr. Jonas. 'Cleanliness is next to godliness' as the Good Book says and it's a scandal how the town doctor seems to always look like he's been living in a pigsty.

I would so much rather see Eric and Brady reconnect than what I fear is coming down the pike with Jen Jen. And I seriously worry what Abby's going to have to say about it all. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Is Abigail trying to figure out whether Ben is in the Witness Protection Program?

Who wants to photoshop the guy she likes with another pretty girl into a photo?

Ben looked nice in his new shirt. I guess he was trying to prove to Abigail that he's not actually homeless or unemployed?

Did EJ forget to tell Gabi not to tell Marlena what she, Kate, and Sami did? I figured maybe he wouldn't want Marlena knowing that info either. Or was he okay with Gabi telling Marlena for her own sanity, even if it meant Marlena was inevitably going to give Sami the stink-eye? I was confused by that.

So, essentially Nick was blackmailing Gabi about the Melanie thing, right? Was that some kind of "twist"?  I'm trying to fit the pieces together, but I'm getting whiplash from Gabi's personality changes. Nonetheless, I do think CB did an excellent job with her confession scenes and was putting in the necessary effort to try and make Gabi seem less dumb -- although the writing has done her no help.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3
Who wants to photoshop the guy she likes with another pretty girl into a photo?

Apparently women that have a thing for men who are already attached. I wonder if there is a name for this type of psychological disorder or if Marlena can coin one and take credit for it?

I swear Abby only half likes Ben because he is single. If he had a girlfriend, she'd be all over him.  So now since EJ has scared the living daylights out of her, she's trying to make Ben more "attractive."  On the flip side, she washed her hair for him today.

• Love 1
(edited)

So many great quotes here in the last two days, I don't know where to start.

My mouth hung open wider than Abby's over that picture.  That she secretly took and photoshopped and printed out a 4x6 to carry it openly at his workplace.  WTH?  Does Days change writers every few months because the writing goes back and forth so much.   Nor do I keep up with the many interviews KM has given.  Is she unaware how much she is hated? 

Since tomorrow is our Friday, it will be Jen Stalking Dan With The Invisible Suit.  Did you see the look on her face when she hightailed it straight to the hospital to pick a fight with HIM?  "Daniel listen to me!  You betrayed our relationship when you didn't tell me the truth so I could judge everybody!"  Sort of dreading this. A normal person (not Jen) would have had some regrets over not thinking it over for at least five minutes.

I, too, live in fear and disgust over Jen's growing yearning for the priestly parts.  And yes, that sofa discussion with Jen and Mar was very weird and creepy. The question is whether Dan and Nicole will be so hated by their other halves, that they strike their friendship back up.  Apparently they were dating in real life so that makes me think - maybe.

Lots to take in.  CB is doing an amazing job but I blame EJ for being SO STUPID as to let Mar in the room.  He knows what a freaked-out Gabi is capable of.  And come on Mar, you just love yourself another reason to hate Sami.

Please please please please get rid of Rafe and Jordan they have been useless for what, a year now?

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 1
(edited)

If KM played her character in a comedic way (like sometimes Sami, NIcole, and Kate are played from time to time) maybe we'd get more entertainment out of Abigail.

The fact that Abigail is so deadly serious about everything she does makes her seem weirder than the average desperate woman on a soap.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

Marlena and her judgemental self can go kick rocks as far as I'm concerned. I don't like some of the stuff Sami does, but I feel like Kate is a better mother-figure to her than Marlena is. Marlena knew Nick Fallon was troubling Will, why didn't she offer him some therapy? I know she asked him about it once, but she could have been more involved since she's the 'good grandma'. Mar-Mar should run to Eric and leave Sami alone because Sami just doesn't seem comfortable with her. In a weird way, I understand why Sami keeps staying with EJ. The man does look out for her (when he's not cheating). I really think Sami tries to be good, but she's realised that it's not in her nature. I'm waiting for Marlena to take Abby's side in the EJabby debacle and offer her free therapy. She can't help but gravitate to the Carrie-types.

And am I really supposed to believe that Gabi was railroaded by Kami into dumping Nick's body when she was the same person that hired a stalker? And she put three bullets in Nicky and managed to stash the gun. She knew it was wrong and she did it anyway. They should throw the book at her because let's not pretend that she was scared of Nick. She only killed him because he was going to send her ass to jail. Nick taking Ari away from Will and Sonny is another flimsy argument from Gabi for shooting him, she did this for herself, not them. I just can't get over it because she had so many resources. Will, Sonny, Sami, Kate and EJ are going to get the blame while Gabi chills in the pen. At least they were there for her. Where was Rafe? They tried so hard to get through Gabi. I keep thinking about all the times she told them to stay out of it. She put Nick above everyone time and again, it's fitting that he's the reason she's separated from her daughter.

Abby is another one I can't handle. Seems like EJ just had to seek her out to let her know that he's representing the shooter. And I'm pretty sure Ben is supposed to be the weird one in the pairing, but Abby has him beat. I agree with whoever said that they should stop giving us crumbs with Crazy Abby. To quote Tracy Quartermaine:' I want the whole meal'. I'm sick of seeing Abby's crazy bug eyes while she tries to act normal.

I'm just dying for someone to point out that Abby's behaviour with men is abnormal. Maybe some therapy scenes between Mar and Abs would be interesting.

• Love 1

Marlena and her judgemental self can go kick rocks as far as I'm concerned.

You know Mar was all ready to hand Nick another referral card had she received the message in time.  She had to be convinced twice to talk to her own granddaughter and mother of her great granddaughter after the shooting.  The last example of her "professionalism" was when she confronted (!) Aiden about why he never followed up with his request for therapy.  While she was interrogating him in public (!) she decided it would be more fun to belittle Roman in the middle of the Brady Pub for having an actual date (gasp) for charity purposes, as if he was a 12 year old, then just said dismissively "we'll talk later" to Aiden.  He must have been so relieved. Can you imagine if Mar starts shipping JenEric?  Ugh, we should start a "Please say it won't happen" thread.

• Love 1

Marlena and her judgemental self can go kick rocks as far as I'm concerned. I don't like some of the stuff Sami does, but I feel like Kate is a better mother-figure to her than Marlena is.

As much as I agree that Marlena is a lousy mother to Sami, I can see why she'd prefer Carrie and/or like her more. Carrie's no peach, but she's not *quite* as deliberately destructive. The reason Kate comes off a better mother figure is that she and Sami are a lot alike, which is probably why Lucas is still hanging around both of them. The one thing they don't have in common is that Kate doesn't bother pretending to feel remorse, which is why I like her.

Camilla really sold her scenes. If she'd had decent material, I may have actually liked Gabi. The scene where Rafe walks in and Gabi loses it again....I fell apart! She made my throat ugly sob. As much as I hated the Hernandi kids showing up, CB and GG have such a good onscreen presence as siblings that is unlike any other on the show. I really believed them in that moment where the concerned big brother walks in and his little sister just collapses in his arms because that's the safest place she can imagine even though she knows she's disappointed him. I'll miss their relationship, it was one of the most realistic and genuine feeling on the show. You don't get that sibling feeling from Sami and her siblings or JJ and Abby.

• Love 4

So Ben has something in his past, now, that makes Jordan think he's capable of murder?

Although I hate that the writers are shitting all over Nicole's character again, I do have to thank them for not making her fall to the floor and grab Eric's pants leg like Kristen did with Brady.  Really not looking forward to Marlena's "told you so" about Nicole.

God, John is not only useless, he just makes things worse.  I was cheering when Brady decked him.

• Love 2
(edited)

Nor do I keep up with the many interviews KM has given.

Her interviews are pretty useless so you're not missing much. Actually, I take that back. Her interviews are sometimes unintentionally funny because whatever she says is the exact opposite of what is playing out on screen.

What was the point of having Marlena find out about the river? She can't saying anything to anyone unless she wants to violate doctor-patient confidentiality rules. I can;t wait for her to get all judge-y with Sami while forgetting about the time she drugged Stefano and tried to make him a permanent vegetable. Marlena needs to go visit her precious Carrie for awhile and take Adrienne with her so we don't have to hear her talk shit about the Brady's.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 2

What was the point of having Marlena find out about the river?

I hope it's not to start a rift between Sami and EJ (ahead of the EJabby reveal), that could put Sami back with Rafe.  Her confrontation with Jordan was very weird. Despite the many reasons to hate Jordan, Sami has been pretty tolerant.

If there are spoilers, thanks for putting them in the spoilers. I'm going to miss Sami and EJ a lot and since these things drag out a long time already I'd rather not know ahead of time.  But it sure is fun trying to pick up clues.

When the Hortons start casting stones, I want Sami to remind them (Maggie, Julie, Hope) that she tried to talk to all of them about Nick, and they didn't want to listen.  I also want Sami to remind them that Jensen shot Will because Will refused to leave Nick behind, and Nick still tried to take Ari away from Will again and again.

Seeing how Gabi and Nick were written out when TIIC knew for months they were leaving, I can't wait to see AS and JS exit SLs (I'm being sarcastic here).

Rafe and Lucas really are late to the party, and they still don't know everything that happened.

• Love 2

The writers could have involved Rafe much more so in Gabi's storyline early on, but instead they had him hanging with Jordan all the time. And yet we still don't know what her secret is.

Marlena's cool detachment continues to amuse me. Between her casually observing all of her test subjects in Salem (you can't tell me they're anything else to her) and Kate's casual nonchalance about Nick's death, I get vast amusement from half of the elder distaff population of Salem. 

Brady beating on John? Dude, John looks so crotchety that he's like seconds away from using a walker. I get that I'm supposed to see him as still vital and virile but... no. Ain't happening. Brady seems to at least be struggling with the coke usage a but which is good but, again, clearly John is a major trigger. I can see that Theresa uses to maintain a mood, her 'smooth as glass' thing although I'd like to know exactly why she's so disenfranchised to feel that's her only option. That being said, she likes chili cheese fries so I have love for the evil pixie.

I've had enough of Gabi's whiny-cry as that's what I came in on months ago and it hasn't seemed to let up at all. That being said, the 'we could all love each other' was actually kind of sweet and the sobs when Rafe walked into the room were fitting and even somewhat moving. At least to me. (I also enjoyed Marlena's cool detachment there, too. Hmm, this subject seems distraught. It would appear that being stalked, mentally abused and driven to murder twice is too much for its feeble brain to handle. Fascinating.)

Just expect me to add in Marlena's mental observations now. It's all I see when she's on.

I think that this Nicole and Eric shit would have had more punch if they had gotten married and lived together happily for awhile before the secret came out. I get that the characters have a long history together... dating back at least to when Dean Winchester played the role... but they just seem to whisper/cry at each other. And writers need to give the fans something to hold onto or a little payoff before dropping the bomb. One sex scene isn't enough... give the relationship some actual traction so that Nicole's betrayal matters more... let Eric lament the lack of ability to clear his name not just to the church but his brother and the rest of Salem as well so Nicole can put on a suitably guilty face and then assure him that those who love him know who he is... when the secret finally comes out, they can have a life that actually does hinge on the decision... does Eric forgive her, knowing what they've had or is this too much to handle? At least the fans may not feel completely robbed of any happy moments and then there's the question, can they get back to that or is the damage too much?

Eric said a lot of the right things today about how she took the choices away from him and he does have a right to be mad. I just think this didn't hit the right beats. Writers seem too intent on getting to the next drama and milking that as opposed to highlighting happiness. There's nothing wrong with giving out some good times, it ups the angst factor.

But then, I'm a girl who cut her teeth on soaps in the late 80s and early 90s.. .when they did draw out stuff like that to be able to invest in the good times before the fallout came.

Alas.

• Love 3

... When the Hortons start casting stones, I want Sami to remind them (Maggie, Julie, Hope) that she tried to talk to all of them about Nick, and they didn't want to listen.  I also want Sami to remind them that Jensen shot Will because Will refused to leave Nick behind, and Nick still tried to take Ari away from Will again and again.

You know, if Sami wore this on a sandwich board around town, I'd probably be okay with it.

The writers could have involved Rafe much more so in Gabi's storyline early on, but instead they had him hanging with Jordan all the time. And yet we still don't know what her secret is.

And what's more, we don't care.

... (I also enjoyed Marlena's cool detachment there, too. Hmm, this subject seems distraught. It would appear that being stalked, mentally abused and driven to murder twice is too much for its feeble brain to handle. Fascinating.)

Just expect me to add in Marlena's mental observations now. It's all I see when she's on.

I expect I have a little more patience (so to speak) for Marlena than you do, but I like where this is going.

• Love 1

Really not looking forward to Marlena's "told you so" about Nicole.

Man, I hope there's a "told you so" dance that goes along with this. 

Abby's weird Photoshop thing made me wonder how whacked our her Instagram account is. 

• Love 1

Marlena's cool detachment continues to amuse me. Between her casually observing all of her test subjects in Salem (you can't tell me they're anything else to her) and Kate's casual nonchalance about Nick's death, I get vast amusement from half of the elder distaff population of Salem. 

Brady beating on John? Dude, John looks so crotchety that he's like seconds away from using a walker. I get that I'm supposed to see him as still vital and virile but... no. Ain't happening. .....

I've had enough of Gabi's whiny-cry as that's what I came in on months ago and it hasn't seemed to let up at all. That being said, the 'we could all love each other' was actually kind of sweet and the sobs when Rafe walked into the room were fitting and even somewhat moving. At least to me. (I also enjoyed Marlena's cool detachment there, too. Hmm, this subject seems distraught. It would appear that being stalked, mentally abused and driven to murder twice is too much for its feeble brain to handle. Fascinating.)

But then, I'm a girl who cut her teeth on soaps in the late 80s and early 90s.. .when they did draw out stuff like that to be able to invest in the good times before the fallout came.

Love your entire post!  And please fill in Marlena's observations - I like what you've done so far.  Marlena seems so remote so often that it always makes me jump a little when she loosens up a little - which I've only seen a little with Will and Roman.  Otherwise I feel like she's ready to go all Roman Matron and fall on her sword.  At least she's no longer falling on Jawn's sword - although dagger is probably a more accurate term.

Now I really detest Brady in bully mode, especially as he's usually being a verbal or physical jackass with women.  But I made an exception when he goes after Jawn.  All those years of having your father accuse you nonverbally of being the one who farted has to have built up - and I can't blame him one bit if he's driven MAD by Jawn's bad dye job.  You'd think somebody who runs Basic Black could do better than L'oreal for Men. 

Today when Jawn sat his bloated body down and tried to intimidate Theresa reminded me far more of Victor Newman than anything else.  And that's not a good thing.  If the Show wants showcase "virile" or "tough guy" or just illustrate the words "male Adult", then they should just show us Victor - over and over again.

I did like Gabi embracing Rafe, but first we had to go through Rage misreading the situation and getting all ragey for the 954rd time.  Guy has pretty eyebrows but very little else inside his brain case.  He has the same mental wind tunnel syndrome going on that afflicts the Deveraux dames.

And we had Abigail being nuts one more time.  It wouldn't feel like a day in Salem without her or her mother behaving utterly imappropriately - and having someone compliment them on it.  I'm glad EJ was able to stop by and scare her out of her Dr. Dentons a bit.

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm probably going to go to hell for this but Gabi's snivelling is annoying me. She told Hope that she's sorry, but does she actually regret what she did?

I don't recall her having said anything like that so I'm losing patience with her crocodile tears. Nick was a controlling SOB, but am I really supposed to buy that Gabi had no choice to do what she did? It's not like she was Jennifer Lopez from Enough. I know they are limited because they are a Daytime show, but I don't feel like they raised the stakes high enough to justify murder and play the abused woman angle as a get out of jail free card. Sure the attempted rape was bad but it might mean more if Gabi hadn't willingly started sexing Nick on the couch and flashed back to previous couch sex instead of the rape when she met Nick in the Pub that one time.

Protect Ari from Nick? From what? A life with a picket fence and three meals a day? If they had come clean, they wouldn't even have to worry about Ari living with a bigot.  And do you really expect me to believe that Victor can't pay off a judge?

Yesterday Gabi said Nick was trying to control every day of her life.  Gabi continued to live with WilSon.  She wanted to move out but Nick told her to move back.  She had her own job.  Nick didn't beat her.  She had access to her brother and Will's family.  He didn't even emotionally abuse her from what we saw. He never brought up blackmailing her for her crimes to her face except on the night of the attempted rape.  Yes, he attempted to rape her, but Sami's engaged to EJ and this show has a precedent of redeeming rapists, so we don't know if he would have done it again.  It sure looked like he didn't even need to.

We never saw Nick lose control with Gabi again after the 'change'.  The worst he did was dictatate her to make a phone call and she shot him like an animal when he was just making a phone call with his back turned. So I'm sorry if I can't take everyone indulging Gabi like she's some kind of heroine when she's actually just an idiot

I wonder what it says about me that I have more sympathy for Nicole than Gabi. At least Nicole's story had a better motivation in terms of what the stakes were leading to Nicole's poor decision. For Nicole, it really was a case of destroy the evidence or Eric goes back to the Church. At the time, people said that Eric might have chosen her, but I always suspected that he wouldn't, and he proved me right.

They didn't put Gabi in enough of a do or die scenario to justify this killing. They could have waited for the outcome of the custody hearing to exact revenge. This is exactly like when Sami shot Bernardi and I was vehemently opposed to that story. Sami shooting Bernardi wasn't the only response she could have made and the same goes for Gabi. A more consistent exit for Gabi and Nick would be for Nick to have killed Gabi in a fit of rage and gone to a Mental Institution.

Edited by 271queenie
(edited)

Another thing that grates is why is it more acceptable that Gabi is the one who shot Nick? When Nick was shot there was a lot of talk about how he wanted to change and he was robbed of that chance by the killer.

If Will/Sonny/Sami/EJ/Kate/Lucas/Rafe/Abby had been the one to pull the trigger they would have been lambasted by everyone in Salem and the Nick supporters from the audience. Now since it's Gabi it's all 'poor Gabi' and 'let's get her a therapist'.

Will was taken into custody and he's a first time offender (as far as the SPD knows) and Nick was homophobic for a time, but no one was rushing to get him a therapist.

Also, when Will confessed everyone thought that he was stupid for sacrificing himself at the expense of his daughter, but no one onscreen has pointed out how foolish Gabi was to ensure she's separated from her daughter. It's all sympathy that Ari has to grow up without her and no one acknowledges that it was of her own making.

I hope Julie really lays into Gabi. It's hard for me to accept Gabi as an abused woman when she was being blackmailed for her crimes the same as everyone else. I don't understand why Gabi shooting Nick elicits a different response when they were all in the same situation.

The threat of jail is the same as for Kami.  Unlike Will and Sonny and Sami and Lucas, Gabi would have been able to see Ari every day.  Was Gabi supposedly worse off because she would have had to live with him for the rest of her life?  She was cutting off her nose to spite her face.  The only reason she was stuck with Nick is because she wanted to avoid jail.  She's the only reason Ari would be around Nick in the first place.

That's what I meant about raising the stakes.  It's not like Nick was forcing her to come live with him or to marry him.  It just comes off really stupid that Gabi felt that she had no way out other  than to kill Nick. 

She even said that she only shot him so Ari could be around family.  Wasn't there a simpler way to make that happen?  She was also too stupid about Ari reading  the emails.  Even I knew EJ was talking about videos and photos.

Also, with the Andrew thing, Gabi said she didn't know Andrew was going to kidnap Melanie.  That may be true, but she's leaving out the part where she found out and let him continue holding Melanie so she could spend time with Chad.

Marlena said that her opinion was that Gabi knew what she did was wrong, but Nick pushed her to the brink.  I'm not sure how that's supposed to play to her defense for this murder when he was blackmailing her (which is wrong) for another crime. If I was a juror, it would come off to me that she killed Nick to avoid paying for the other crime and hoped to get away with this one too.  EJ said she confessed but she wasn't going to until Will did.

For all that Gabi says she did this for Arianna Grace, I would hope that a good prosecutor would ask her why she didn't just come forward about the other crime(s) if she cared so much about her daughter's well being rather than resorting to something as reckless as murder.  If Gabi can place all the blame on Kami now, why didn't she do it when it actually mattered (when  it came to Ari)?  All the adults were stupid to put staying out of jail above Ari.  The scenes with Marlena annoyed me also because Gabi acted like she was a helpless child who listened to everything Kate and Sami told her.  I thought the scenes were about clearing her conscience.  She's over 21 and when she was with Nick the first time around, she wasn't scared to tell Kate and Sami where to get off.  She listened to them because she wanted to avoid jail, but she didn't tell Marlena that she CHOSE to go along with them.  Now Marlena is going to be up in Kate and Sami's grill for manipulating poor Gabi.  

Edited by 271queenie

I thought Gabi got cleared during the Melanie incident? Didn't Rafe get her out of the jam somehow? Or am I misremembering? Didn't Rafe know? I thought he did and just let her go on her merry way about it.

This weeks promo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OX-5x3eHqmg

Nicole, stop being so dramatic. 

When do these promos air? Friday and Saturday nights? I see them sometimes when watching Dateline. Wish they would air them during primetime, they might lure back in an old soap fan or interest a new one. 

Is it just me, or does the baby (or babies) playing Ari G. look a whole lot more like OlWill than NuWill?

Definitely not just you! I see it as well.

I thought Gabi got cleared during the Melanie incident? Didn't Rafe get her out of the jam somehow? Or am I misremembering? Didn't Rafe know? I thought he did and just let her go on her merry way about it.

Rafe found out and got her a lawyer.  Then Nick and Chad had a fight and he made Justin write up an agreement stating that Chad can't tell about Gabi without going to jail for assaulting Nick.  Rafe knew about this illegal agreement and did nothing to stop it even though he is an officer of the court and I think Justin would get disbarred IRL too.  EJ also knew about it.

I hope Julie really lays into Gabi.

I don't. Julie and her over the top self needs to go on a cruise indefinitely. If one of the self righteous Horton's has to confront Gabi let it be Hope. She seems to be the least annoying of the bunch.

When do these promos air? Friday and Saturday nights? I see them sometimes when watching Dateline. Wish they would air them during primetime, they might lure back in an old soap fan or interest a new one.

They used to air during the show but I don't know about now. I've seen them air randomly during prime time shows. 

(edited)

I suppose I'm perplexed as to why Gabi simply didn't follow Kate and Sami's advice if it was the river incident Gabi was worried about.

By that point, all 3 had committed to it. Might as well let Kate and Sami protect you rather than taking matters into your own hands with a gun.

Or, alternatively, go to Rafe. I'm sure he would have understood why she agreed to dump the body since Nick had tried to rape her. And Rafe has a tendency to throw out his police badge when it comes to protecting people he likes.

Gabi had so many options. Geez, even EJ would have helped her. (Not that I think EJ cares about her that much, but he would have helped her out because of her association with Will, Sonny, Sami, and Ari.)

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

I don't. Julie and her over the top self needs to go on a cruise indefinitely. If one of the self righteous Horton's has to confront Gabi let it be Hope. She seems to be the least annoying of the bunch.

They used to air during the show but I don't know about now. I've seen them air randomly during prime time shows. 

It's really a testament to how much I dislike Gabi that I would allow Julie to have a go at her.  Hope also won't be able to overact sufficiently enough for me to enjoy it, plus Julie is like the Captain of TeamNick.  Also, how else will I get Julie to eat humble pie about letting the murderer see Nick's body?  A win/win situation for me.  

I suppose I'm perplexed as to why Gabi simply didn't follow Kate and Sami's advice if it was the river incident Gabi was worried about.

By that point, all 3 had committed to it. Might as well let Kate and Sami protect you rather than taking matters into your own hands with a gun.

Or, alternatively, go to Rafe. I'm sure he would have understood why she agreed to dump the body since Nick had tried to rape her. And Rafe has a tendency to throw out his police badge when it comes to protecting people he likes.

Gabi had so many options. Geez, even EJ would have helped her. (Not that I think EJ cares about her that much, but he would have helped her out because of. her association with Will, Sonny, Sami, and Ari.)

Come on now bantering, she baked him churros!  We all know EJ has a weakness for young women who know how to bake.

The writers shouldn’t have been so ambiguous with what was going on with Gabi.  For a while, they made it look like Gabi was angry at Sami and Kate, and on Nick’s side.  It would have been better if they had shown Gabi being more afraid of Nick.  Unfortunately, I still come back to Gabi had Kate, Sami, EJ, Will, and Sonny.  Rafe and Lucas would have been on her side to if they had known what was going on.  They would have lectured everyone, but they would have been on Gabi and Will’s side against Nick.  These are not ineffectual people, or your average law abiding citizens.  Then there is the Victor factor.  I want Victor to remind Sonny daily, “The next time you want someone murdered, you come to me for help.”

I agree Nicole’s betrayal of Eric would have had more impact if they had been married, had a happy life, and we were shown Eric coming to terms with not being able to clear his name, but grateful for the life he currently has.

I wonder if Kate, Sami, and Gabi tossing Nick in the river will be revealed along with EJ and Sami hiring the hitman.  Maybe by that point, Sami knows about EJ’s cheating, and has left him.  EJ once again offers himself up if the DA will give Sami immunity.  Then Stefano fakes EJ’s death, and EJ leaves the country.  Sami leaves Salem with her children.

• Love 1

Okay, was it just me or was Jennifer kind of all one color yesterday? It's like her outfit matched her skin tone and her hair was just a shade off of that. She was Walking Taupe..

That's fitting since her personality is so taupe cuz she's so boring. Or brown since she's so shitty.

Jen and Abby are horrible. Abby is such a moron pushing Ben to model. It's so typical of her to assume she knows wheats best for everyone else, just like her mom they think they are the expert on everything. Maybe he's shy or self conscious she should shut the fuck up.

I wonder if Kate, Sami, and Gabi tossing Nick in the river will be revealed along with EJ and Sami hiring the hitman.  Maybe by that point, Sami knows about EJ’s cheating, and has left him.  EJ once again offers himself up if the DA will give Sami immunity.  Then Stefano fakes EJ’s death, and EJ leaves the country.  Sami leaves Salem with her children.

This is actually a good spec. Since the DA said that she couldn't wait until he's sitting in the defendant chair one day, I think EJ is going to go down for a crime.  I read somewhere that JS said that the ending for EJami will be a big twist that no one will guess and that it will explain why EJami keep coming back to each other.  I can see Ejabby being discovered leading to the river incident being uncovered and EJ  taking the fall for Sami while they are estranged.  EJ will die and Sami will rush to his bedside for a tearful reunion, Stefano will fake his death and Sami and EJ will reunite with the kids a la Doug Ross and Carol Hathaway in ER in Croatia or Indonesia (no extradition treaty with the US).  Sami can drop in for visits and the kids can stay with EJ.

I can't imagine them writing EJ as faking his death if they're not going to have him end up in the same place as Sami and the kids. You know how the DiMeras get over kids and baby mama's.