Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

So was Nicole threatening to lie to the bishop so Eric couldn’t be reinstated as a priest? What a pathetic, disgusting piece of trash.

Sami looking at the picture would have been the perfect time for them to bring back the freeze frame endings they used to do. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Well, I guess Jennifer is going to be too busy crying over her love life and flashbacking to Daniel's non-conditioned hair to notice that her daughter is having panic attacks over participating in Sami's wedding. It's up to you now  to notice something is wrong, JJ!

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

I don't understand why Sami wouldn't go after both EJ and Abigail?  Aren't they equally guilty?  Sami needs to go for broke with this one and go off the show with a BANG!  I am incredibly excited about this.  I hope the writers get this right.

Because Ejami fans cannot handle the fact that EJ would cheat on Sami much less with someone as ridiculous as Abby.  And moreover cannot handle the fact that their twu wuv wouldn't conquer all.  It's gotta be all Abby's fault.

(edited)

I've been seeing both EJ and Abby get the blame.  I don't know if they're EJami fans saying that. But I see EJ being called all kinds of names all the time.

As for Abigail, I think she may simply be an irritating person people can't stand. Whenever affairs happen, people have a tendency to mention how we should blame the man and not the mistress, but sometimes the mistress really is an annoying person too, even without the baggage of an affair she might be carrying around.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 5

Oh yes, EJerk is gonna get his, but it's gonna be more fun with Abby because she's so 'new' and probably doesn't know really what to expect in terms of underestimating what Sami has done before cos of stories she's heard.  EJ will get a heads up and hide all the knives and guns. For EJ, I think having Sami not react will be more of a burn.

It was ironic that Abby was wearing a white dress for the blocking session.

Sami was seething but it's possible she's been venting to Kate who has been helping her to stay cool for the sake of the plan.

I don't think Mar knew Eric was on the tape (unlike Victor), but she was still prepared to humiliate Brady in public, so in my book she deserves getting reamed by Eric and Brady.

• Love 2
In her defense, there is no good answer. If I read "tune in to find out!" then I know the answer is yes and the plot is spoiled.  I don't see how she could have answered that and not given away the plot.  What she should have done is let KM do her interview and it would have been so confusing and all-about-Abby that no one would have guessed a thing.

Agree KM giving the interviews does not give anything away because half of the time no one knows what she is talking about.  AS is at a disadvantage because she can speak coherently. I guess I would just rather she didn’t elaborate at all on the question and give some kind of vague politician answer that dances around the question. I know there are other shows out there that continually “fake out” or “string along” the viewers in their publicity interviews and as a result turn off the viewers so I guess I just found it disappointing that AS/Days did it.

• Love 3
(edited)

Where are people getting the idea that others don't want EJ to pay?  I'm not an EJami fan and I want him to pay, but I have my own reasons for wanting Abby to get played with by OldSchool Sami in a big way.

Edited by 271queenie
  • Love 2
(edited)

Because Ejami fans cannot handle the fact that EJ would cheat on Sami much less with someone as ridiculous as Abby.  And moreover cannot handle the fact that their twu wuv wouldn't conquer all.  It's gotta be all Abby's fault.

EJ is a lying, psychotic, cheating, pathetic, dumbass, incompetent asshole, and he deserves whatever Sami does to him. However, that doesn't change the fact that Abby willing threw herself at an engaged man and offered to become his mistress. She deserves to be destroyed just as much as he does.  

Seeing Abby gets hers will be more satisfying because she's the one who walks around town like she's perfect and gives obnoxious speeches about how amazing she is. EJ is trash and everyone knows it including him. 

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 5

Oh thank God, she's not an idiot.  Now I can continue enjoying her manipulations without worrying she's become brain dead.

And I was more excited than I thought I would be to see KDP as Eve.

• Love 4
Well, I guess Jennifer is going to be too busy crying over her love life and flashbacking to Daniel's non-conditioned hair to notice that her daughter is having panic attacks over participating in Sami's wedding. It's up to you now  to notice something is wrong, JJ!

Jennifer was probably too busy running her fingers through Dan’s nasty hair to realize that her daughter was having an affair with a Dimera causing the current said anxiety.  This is even more sad by the fact that Jenn and Abby supposedly work together, but then neither of them every show up for work.

• Love 1
(edited)

I just feel like EJ will pay through business and DiMera Enterprises and that's a burn but it's boring to me.  I don't know if Sami will have time to get with another man to rub EJ the wrong way.

With Abby, they will have to have a knock down drag out fight (cos what else is Sami gonna do to her?) and that's going to be hella entertaining.

I don't think EJ deserves Sami,but she might forgive him.

I keep thinking about the speech Abby gave at AG's christening.  This is gonna be so good.

Oh, and plenty of EJami fans have said that EJ needs to have his balls cut off.  I'd be okay if he just got a vasectomy.

Edited by 271queenie
(edited)

I think the dislike of Abigail might parallel the dislike of Jennifer.

I actually find Jennifer much less worse and less obnoxious,  and I think there was actual logic in her telling Eric about what Nicole did, but that doesn't necessarily  stop people from disliking her.

Maybe if Abigail had the presence of Angelina Jolie or, heck, even Camilla Parker-Bowles,  a greater portion of the audience might be more inclined to come to her defense. But since she doesn't...oh well.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

This Hope/Aidan thing is one of the most boring things I've ever seen. Who the hell cares about the venue? It's not anything that any other characters are involved in it. Threatening to get what they want, almost blackmailing, the guy could have reported Aidan “Shark Teeth” Jennings and Hope “My Cop Voice” Brady.

Abby don't be jealous cause you can't kiss EJ and why the fuck did Abby give EJ that look?? Sami, “Did I miss anything?” Uh you were gone for 10 seconds. Seriously who writes this shit? Geez Aby can't seem to say the word NO. Let's give Abby an English lesson, 'The word is NO, it means to give a negative response' Now Abby let's try answering a request or question with that word, you get a gold sticker if you do it. I'm really hoping that Sami finding that photo isn't a cop out like the last time. Confront both of them and beat the living shit out of Abby and let Abby walk in front of Jenn with two black eyes, swollen mouth, broken ribs, arms, legs, chipped teeth and her hair cut.

Are we still dealing with Dannifer crap! Dan is a big simpleton. I just can't see his side in all this because of how judgmental he was towards Theresa. I tell you when the writers write angst for Dannifer, it's the worst angst ever. So please stop having JJ prop Dan and get JJ out of his orbit. Both of them need to stop looking sad and pathetic, it's not a big loss here, they both should have been doing cartwheels. I really think that Jenn and Dan can be likeable, but only when they are away from each other. I really hope that we don't have to see hospital scenes between the two of them, and both of them acting like passive-aggressive bitches like the last time they broke up.

Maxine and Abe had that angst of Abe's son and his Mom which is valid and writers could have really done something with that, but they opted to just split them up before anything could get started and called it a day.

I guess AssCole isn't going to help Eric become a priest since she can't have him in the bedroom anymore. What a self-centered selfish cow. She's due to be written off tv for a minute cause I can't take her anymore.

What's funny to me is that Ann and most of us here can't stand Jenn or Dan and you would think that someone like I would like Ann because of it, but I just find atrocious. You think I would love a character that isn't riding the Dannifer Express.

• Love 5
I'd be okay if he just got a vasectomy.

Oh EJ definitely needs a vasectomy. After the Abby pregnancy scare, he should have run to the Dimera urologist for one!   Maybe Sami will do it for him now.  Other than that I’m not interested in EJ getting Sami’s wrath. Five months ago when it happened, yes. Now I just don’t care. Knowing that they are leaving the show I just want them to move on and move on together. That is after Sami exposes Abigail. I honestly feel like it would be a bigger slap in the face for Sami to stay with EJ and show Abigail that she wasn’t enough to break them up, that she doesn’t hold that kind of power, that she was in so over her head, that she finally messed with the wrong Brady sister.  And if Sami does it at the wedding after they say their “I do’s” in front of most of Salem, but especially Jennifer, I’ll pop popcorn for everyone to watch the viewing.

• Love 1

Both of them need to stop looking sad and pathetic

Has there been a single scene that lasted longer than a day where they were happy and smiling at each other that wasn't ruined by yet another "hurdle" they need to overcome?

The writers need to stop with these two.  Dan is about as deep as a bird bath....no one is buying that he's some tortured soul.  Enough already.

• Love 5

Oh EJ definitely needs a vasectomy. After the Abby pregnancy scare, he should have run to the Dimera urologist for one!   Maybe Sami will do it for him now.  Other than that I’m not interested in EJ getting Sami’s wrath. Five months ago when it happened, yes. Now I just don’t care. Knowing that they are leaving the show I just want them to move on and move on together. That is after Sami exposes Abigail. I honestly feel like it would be a bigger slap in the face for Sami to stay with EJ and show Abigail that she wasn’t enough to break them up, that she doesn’t hold that kind of power, that she was in so over her head, that she finally messed with the wrong Brady sister.  And if Sami does it at the wedding after they say their “I do’s” in front of most of Salem, but especially Jennifer, I’ll pop popcorn for everyone to watch the viewing.

Abby was so sure that this would break EJami up and she was secretly hoping EJ would become free for her.  She was fantasising about him and having his baby and she got annoyed that his kids were in the way.

I'm not a fan of Ej, but even I can see how EJami staying together would be the ultimate burn for Abby.

She may be with Boston Ben, but why are her 'guilt' flashbacks of EJ only the one's with sex?

No matter how much she protests, I think Abby would still take EJ if he were free.  You just have to rewatch the clip of him frisking her in the DiMansion.

• Love 2
(edited)

Abby was so sure that this would break EJami up and she was secretly hoping EJ would become free for her.  She was fantasising about him and having his baby and she got annoyed that his kids were in the way.

What?  When?

I saw her imagine a scenario where she had the baby, but I definitely wouldn't call it fantasizing.  

And I definitely never saw her get annoyed about his other children.

Why would she flashback to a boring discussion they had ABOUT the sex rather than flashback to the sex itself?  Really?

I also never saw it played out that Abby was after EJ and wanted to break up him and Sami.  From the day they slept together, she's seemed terrified of Sami finding out.  It's always seemed to me that she was very well aware that EJ and Sami were not a couple she could come between.  

Once again, always Abby's fault.  For as many times as Abby "threw herself" at EJ, he also wouldn't stay the hell away from her.  EJ is no saint in this situation.

Edited by CaughtOnTape
  • Love 2
(edited)

EJ is the only one responsible for his actions, and the same goes for the boring twit.  No one forced her to chase EJ around Salem begging for sex.

I just want Sami to completely ruin EJ's life, and destroy him in every way possible.  Then I want EJ to die knowing Sami no longer loves or trusts him, and she's taken all his money.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 4
(edited)

What?  When?

I did not say that it was only Abby's fault.  I'm just pointing out that she's still flashing back to sex with EJ whether out of guilt or something else.  Of course they could use any old park convo if they wanted to.  It's not a reach that they're trying to convey desire with the flashbacks too.   When he searched her at the DiMansion it looked like she was still into him.  Abby tends to have them with Ben these days.  It's not unrealistic to think that she still has feelings for EJ which are being brought to the fore by her growing feelings for Ben.

She was sad and cried when she found out that there was no baby and she saw a baby in the park after EJ dropped her off.  She had a fantasy where Sami came storming into the Horton house, but in the same dream, she and JJ and Jen were fawning over a baby in white crib which infers that she was happy to have it and Sami burst in to spoil everything.

She dreamt that the DiMera doctor was going to cause her to miscarry because even though she was supposedly unhappy about the prospect of being a mother,she subconsciously did not want to lose the baby.

When she met EJ in the park around the time of the cupcakes,she told him that Sami has forgiven alot, but she's probably not going to forgive this.  When she met EJ in the square and she wanted to know where the real EJ was, she got upset when he mentioned that he has to think of Sami and his kids.  He actually had to remind her to think of Johnny and Sydney and after that was when she came up with the idea of being his mistress, so she could still have him while he stayed with Sami and his kids.

There are clips to support all these events.  

Dreams are used to show insight into a characters fears and desires and if we weren't supposed to interpret facial cues and body language then it might as well be a radio show.

As with everything, interpretation can differ and that's what makes debating the show interesting.

It is quite possible to dislike both Abby and EJ,  It doesn't have to be either or.

Edited by 271queenie
  • Love 5

Abby was so sure that this would break EJami up and she was secretly hoping EJ would become free for her.

Yup, not even so secretly.  They got together while Sami cut him off over Kristen and she was pissed they got back together.  I don't think she's ever given up the idea of having him for herself.  It's so pathetic that I swear she wiggled her ass a little with excitement, when EJ stopped her right after Gabi's confession.  She thought there'd be flirting.  Ugh.  It even bugs me how she keeps punching him lately, because it assumes a familiarity that isn't there. 

I wonder if Stefano and Sami are working together to bring down EJ.  That would be a kick.  I was so worried that Sami was going off the deep end with this wedding business, thank God she is playing them.

I wonder if they're going to remind us that Paige's mother used to be married to JJ's father.  And didn't Eve leave town with Frankie?  Where is he?  And why is she going by Baron if Paige's name is Larson?  Why not go by Larson?

• Love 1
(edited)

why the fuck did Abby give EJ that look??

Abby gave EJ such a look when he was done kissing Sami.  Sure, Sami was laying it on thick, but it's almost like she was implying he was being insensitive.  Newsflash, you're not the one he's cheating on/cheated on.

I'll be glad when this is over because then the inappropriate touching and conversations(from both sides) can come to an end.

It's like EJ and Abby are in a relationship and Sami is the interloper.

I don't give a damn what happens to EJ, but I'll be so happy when I won't have to deal with Abby acting like EJ owes her something while she can kiss Ben to her heart's content.

And I'll say it again, JS is looking mega ragged these days. And the greasy hair is not helping. It really makes the idea of EJabby having had sex even more skeevy.  Them standing opposite each other in the garden looked like a teenager and a forty-something.

I know EJ has manhandled women regularly and I hate it, but it's become quite regular with EJabby,  Are they trying to imply that EJ is a controlling older man compared to innocent Abby?

When they were sexing it up she was quite defiant, now she's scared of him 9 times out of 10.

Edited by 271queenie
(edited)

I did not say that it was only Abby's fault.  I'm just pointing out that she's still flashing back to sex with EJ whether out of guilt or something else.  Of course they could use any old park convo if they wanted to.  It's not a reach that they're trying to convey desire with the flashbacks too.   When he searched her at the DiMansion it looked like she was still into him.  Abby tends to have them with Ben these days.  It's not unrealistic to think that she still has feelings for EJ which are being brought to the fore by her growing feelings for Ben.

She was sad and cried when she found out that there was no baby and she saw a baby in the park after EJ dropped her off.  She had a fantasy where Sami came storming into the Horton house, but in the same dream, she and JJ and Jen were fawning over a baby in white crib which infers that she was happy to have it and Sami burst in to spoil everything.

She dreamt that the DiMera doctor was going to cause her to miscarry because even though she was supposedly unhappy about the prospect of being a mother,she subconsciously did not want to lose the baby.

When she met EJ in the park around the time of the cupcakes,she told him that Sami has forgiven alot, but she's probably not going to forgive this.  When she met EJ in the square and she wanted to know where the real EJ was, she got upset when he mentioned that he has to think of Sami and his kids.  He actually had to remind her to think of Johnny and Sydney and after that was when she came up with the idea of being his mistress, so she could still have him while he stayed with Sami and his kids.

There are clips to support all these events.  

Dreams are used to show insight into a characters fears and desires and if we weren't supposed to interpret facial cues and body language then it might as well be a radio show.

As with everything, interpretation can differ and that's what makes debating the show interesting.

It is quite possible to dislike both Abby and EJ,  It doesn't have to be either or.

Yes, desires AND fears.  Not wanting to lose a baby or being happy she has one hardly means she is gunning for Sami.  That scene, from where I sat, was a helluva lot more about her fear of what would go down when Sami found out then her happiness at having EJ's kid.  She fawned over that kid for what?  2 seconds before Sami blew through the door?  What you pointed out was to state in fact that the story line was 100% one in which Abby wanted EJ for herself, which is your interpretation of a lot of flashbacks.  

I won't go so far as to say that I don't think Abby wasn't hoping for some kind of relationship with EJ at the beginning, but she's young and inexperienced and she admitted to thinking he was quite a charismatic man that women, including her, found it hard to say no to.  And he was telling her what a wonderful, beautiful, desirable women she was a lot.  It seemed to me, Abby got upset when she realized that she'd been kidding herself and had put herself in a situation that was not ideal, not because she was heartbroken at the idea that she couldn't have EJ.  

I maintain that I have NEVER seen a desire out of Abby to break up Sami and EJ.  We've seen Abby when her goal is to break up a relationship and all I've seen out of her is fear at the outcome of what will happen when Sami finds out.

Edited by CaughtOnTape
  • Love 1
I also never saw it played out that Abby was after EJ and wanted to break up him and Sami.  From the day they slept together, she's seemed terrified of Sami finding out.  It's always seemed to me that she was very well aware that EJ and Sami were not a couple she could come between. 

I don’t think it would be a stretch to interpret the scene in EJ’s office where Abby begs him to be his mistress as Abby wanting to break them up.  She still wanted EJ, didn’t believe he loved Sami till he shouted he loved her more than his own life, and saw becoming his mistress as an opportunity to worm her way further into his life in hopes that he would eventually leave Sami. She was only terrified of Sami finding out they slept together behind Sami’s back and Sami either breaking her little bones or humiliating her in public. But I’m sure if she thought she had EJ backing her, she would have been quite smug to tell Sami that he didn’t love her.

• Love 5
(edited)

In order to have a baby of EJ's it's implied that EJ would have to be involved and that means Sami might have to know and it might lead to EJ and Sami breaking up.  Whether or not Abby was actively trying to break them up, she had to know that was a possibility during the pregnancy scare.   I agree that Abby was quite taken with EJ at the beginning, but my personal opinion is that she only accepted that there would be no relationship once EJ rejected her mistress proposition and then she became concerned about protecting her reputation.

She's scared of Sami dragging her name through the mud IMO, not really about Sami herself, otherwise she wouldn't have told EJ they could be something on the cupcake day.

Of course Abby wanted EJ for herself.  She was so desperate that she agreed to be his mistress so she could have him in any capacity.  

Abby has never actively tried to break up Sami and EJ because EJ told her categorically he would never choose her.  It wouldn't be worth it.  That's why she was willing to settle for being his mistress.  She was embarrassed when he rejected her,

If EJ had indicated he was interested it might have been a different story.

Abby thought she could change his mind and when she couldn't she started acting like he was the one that should have shown some restraint.

The dialogue in the conference room scene is quite telling.

Edited by 271queenie
  • Love 3
(edited)

I might be willing to accept a different interpretation if Abby had realised she had made a bad choice before her interaction with EJ in the conference room.  She was sad after he rejected her and she was even more sad when there was no baby because her last link to EJ was severed.  I consider that reaction to be consistent with her being heartbroken about EJ.  She even warned JJ about falling for someone who is too different during that time.

Edited by 271queenie
  • Love 1

So to recap so far this week—Rafe has betrayed Jordan and slept with Kate; Sami knows her fiancé cheated on her and thus is in the middle of a long con on Abigail;  Nicole is still blaming God for all of her problems and probably about to go lie to a bishop; Dirty Dan has broken Jennifer’s heart; and Hope and Aiden salvaged a PTA fundraiser. That’s the biggest excitement for the cop and the lawyer--I feel like Hope and Aiden are on their own show. Can they not find them anything scandalous to do?

• Love 2

I like Hope and Aiden, but I wish they would be a part of something grown up. Perhaps he should have been Gabi's lawyer and they could have left out the drowning.

Are TPTB scared they're gonna piss off PR if they let Hope and Aiden actually do something interesting?

Are TPTB scared they're gonna piss off PR if they let Hope and Aiden actually do something interesting?

I don't quite see how Days is going to let Hope commit adultery.  When she does, Ciara will surely call her out then we will have another Sami on our hands. It would be a hoot if they did it on a conference table.

It sure does look like they are on their own show, doesn't it.  I'm just endlessly happy half the show isn't taking place in the damned church or convent anymore.  I'm really dreading the bishop's interviews.

Oh, and Mar loves her neutered priest kid better than Carrie even though she dumped the twins in Colorado with her parents for about ten years.

• Love 1
(edited)

I feel Abigail wanted EJ and Sami broken up. And I feel there are scenes that support that interpretation. They were discussed on TWOP. The scene in the conference room indicated Abigail's desire to go after what she wanted without thought of the consequences. Even previous to that she was dropping what sounded like weird ultimatums.  She practically threw her cousin Nick under the bus, which is probably why he couldn't stand her before he died. Maybe she wasn't as methodical or precise in her planning as other delusional women, but she exhibited the propensity to go too far when EJ was willing to pull back.

Abigail is definitely not a full on psycho like a lot of soap females when they're after guys that they want, but I can't say she's an innocent either.  She's no Bambi.  The fact that she isn't crazy like some of those other soap females (or males?) is probably what makes her so irritating -- she actually knows the difference between right and wrong, but  plows ahead anyway? If she actually were a nutcase, I'd probably feel slightly bad for her (or maybe not since something about KM's acting bugs me, but I can never figure out what it is exactly). But she's like those weird undercover types who pretend to be pure on the surface, but when no one's looking will do anything she needs to in order to get what she wants. Those kind of people are so freaking annoying!!!

There was also a scene where Abigail expressed her irritation at EJ mentioning his children. Why exactly she was irritated could be up for debate, but she did express her annoyance.

Abigail is young, but I'm not sure about inexperienced. Looks like she got a lot of experience at  band camp! If Abigail is THAT inexperienced, this has been portrayed badly.

I'm perplexed that Abigail doesn't tell EJ to go take a hike every time he keeps insisting Abigail follow Sami's wishes. But it seems like EJ is being more pushy with this wedding nonsense in order to please Sami than Sami herself. Sami has given Abigail room to manouevre out of being in the wedding, but I guess Abigail is dumb. Or she's secretly happy to be in the wedding. I can't tell.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

I think EJ is the one that is really pushing the issue, but I do think Abby is a people-pleaser who can't say no. She'd probably do it even if she hadn't slept with EJ. I think she makes herself uncomfortable just so people can think well of her. She did try to get out of it, but EJ pulled her back. I don't know if she will end up enjoying the wedding prep because it's just too awkward, but if they shared a dance at the reception or something I doubt she'd be too upset. I do wonder if Abby especially wants EJ to feel that she's being cooperative, because she never refuses him, so that's weird. But of course, it could always be the Stockholm Syndrome or the DiMera Power. Maybe we should wait for next week's SOD so KM can tell us what's up.

If the boring twit didn't want to be around EJ, she wouldn't be.  She had no problem dumping Chad when he was in the hospital.

I want more Kate and Sami scenes.  I want to know if Victor, Chad, or Lucas is going to be brought into this.

I think Sami wanted to say something to Eric yesterday about the truth and her marrying EJ, but Sami held back which is good because Eric not only would not go along with the long con, he wouldn't be able to.

Is Sami looking for the evidence against Will, and the evidence against Kate, Sami, and Gabi, and anything she can find on Kristen?

• Love 1
I'm perplexed that Abigail doesn't tell EJ to go take a hike every time he keeps insisting Abigail follow Sami's wishes. But it seems like EJ is being more pushy with this wedding nonsense in order to please Sami than Sami herself. Sami has given Abigail room to manouevre out of being in the wedding, but I guess Abigail is dumb. Or she's secretly happy to be in the wedding. I can't tell.

I think she’s afraid to back out and arouse suspicion. She doesn’t want to do anything that would make Sami figure it out which is hilarious now since we know she has. I also find it funny that Abby is being forced to not only organize and bear witness to their nuptials but to see first hand the lengths that EJ would go to for Sami.

• Love 2
(edited)

It's kind of hilarious how EJ doesn't seem to remotely care what Abigail is feeling. That right there should be giving Abigail the motivation to tell EJ to screw off.

We've been discussing how Sami is treating or might treat Abigail. But EJ's behavior with her isn't exactly chivalrous. His behavior actually strikes me as ruder than Sami`s, because Sami really has no obligation to care about Abigail`s feelings. But since EJ is the one who actually did sleep with her, he could stand to be more sensitive to what Abigail is going through, but, nope, he doesn't care.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

OK, could they be more obvious about Dan slipping on his white coat to resume having Inappropriate Patient Sex, this time with Eve.  I love the way he told Jennifer he used to do it because Rebecca died (didn't she die like 20 years ago?) and now that Jen is not propping him he will just do it again.

• Love 1

Sami should utterly humiliate EJ and Abigail.  They both deserve it.  I wonder how long Sami has known, and who told her.  Hopefully it was Kate, but I'd take Nick from the grave, too.  One of those "photos in a safe deposit box, only to be delivered in the event of death" kind of things.  A comeuppance engineered by Kate ands Sami would be much more satisfying, though. 

I laughed out loud when Nicole gave Marlena that smack down.  Yes, it's a pretty despicable thing to do but I can't stand Marlena when she's smug (so most of the time) and am happy that Nicole is finally doing something other than being a desperate sad sack.

Hope looked very pretty today.  Dark blue is her color, and I love her hair.

I'm ecstatic that Kassie DePaiva is back on TV.

• Love 3
(edited)

I am kind of bored by EJ right now too. I'm not sure how much of that has to do with how he looks however. The last time I remember feeling this bored by him was when he was sporting that weird hair he had when he was with Nicole.  So, again, I'm not sure how much of this is looks-related. The difference this time is that I'm a little worried his looks might not come back! I was sure they would come back the last time, but this time....I'm a little spooked.

I was thinking about Sami hurting EJ without involving Abigail, but I'm not actually sure how that would be possible since an infidelity was involved. If Sami actually marries EJ, and then publicly punks him  with some kind of document where she indicates she's taken over Dimera Enterprises, she'd have to explain why. And, there, of course, is where Abigail`s name would have to come in. We don't know yet who Sami has more animosity towards, but since an infidelity is involved and a public humiliation seems to be the plan, it almost seems impossible not to somehow include Abigail in the fall-out.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

JS is looking horrible.  At this point, EJ is so stupid, incompetent, pathetic and sleazy that I believe Sami shooting him in the head would be a blessing.  He might wind up with better hair.

There is also the fact that this round of EJ/Sami is just like all the others except that Sami willingly got involved with EJ which makes Sami pretty stupid to, but if Kate and Sami destroy EJ, I'll forgive Sami's dumb choice. 

EJ flat out stated if he lied to Sami about Kristen/Eric, he would lose Sami.  He then proceeded to not only lie, but to add fuel to the fire by cheating.  So EJ is beyond stupid, he's a liar and a cheater who is dumb, and he just knowingly threw away a relationship with the woman he has claimed to be madly in love with for over eight years.  And for what?  The psycho sister who he didn't even know a year.  The boring twit who means nothing.  EJ just looks so damn - wait for it - did I mention Stupid that I want Sami to douse him with gasoline, and set him on fire because that at least would be entertaining.

Kate and Sami scheming before Sami leaves Salem has so many more possibilities than any going on with EJ.  Bonus points if Sami and Kate end up dancing on the bar at the Cheatin Heart.

• Love 2

I called it as well so - YEAH!

Kate has to be in on it. My bet is she was with Sami when she got the picture and advised Sami to hold off from immediately going after EJ and Abby and instead plan out a long game of revenge.

I have made the mistake of going and watching old clips of the show on You Tube. Jennifer actually used to be a good character, with the exception of her constantly, literally throwing herself at Jack. Like actually jumping on him all the time.

I also realize I really miss Isabella & Jack's friendship. A great relationship until the day she died.

• Love 2

Before the scene with Sami and the photo they made it obvious she knew. Sami was way too over the top even for Sami, the dragging Abby out to the garden and having her and EJ pretend to be bride and groom, linking their hands even. It was obvious Sami knew, Sami's never this happy and excited. EJ should have figured something was up based on her demeanor. 

Not sure what her angle is, but I'm bored of the whole thing knowing it's a lame duck story with EJami leaving town in a few months. Sami isn't going to leave EJ and give up being lady of the manor with all the money.  

I'm not overly excited about Abby getting hers simply because it's like kicking a puppy, a very stupid and yappy puppy. It would be more fitting if Sami were going after Nicole, or Kate, someone she had a history with and who could at least put up a fair fight. Since I neither like Sami nor hate Abby, I don't care about their fight. Now EJ? Yeah, I really want to see him go down.

If Sami's plan is to humiliate Abby and then marry EJ anyway, it's a stupid one, as EJ's no prize.

I'm not overly excited about Abby getting hers simply because it's like kicking a puppy

I want Abby to get kicked very, very badly with bruises and broken bones or she will grow up to be a Jenn.  It could rehabilitate her character but I doubt the writers have it in them. Now that I think about it, the proud member of the  HS Virgin Club has had sex four times now and thinks she knows what she is doing?

• Love 3
(edited)

I have this really wonderful feeling watching Abigail get played by Sami.  Frankly, she and EJ look like idiots not suspecting something is up.  As has been said, when is Sami ever this saccharine?  Hell, she gives her grandchild more attitude than she has Abigail lately.  That alone should have had them both checking their backs.  I have no sympathy for the little hag at all.  The only thing better than how shocked she's going to be will be the horror on Raccoon Mom's face.  Ummmm, it's like Christmas in July - or June, whenever the axe doth fall.

Whatever fresh hell Sami and Kate are ready to rain down on EJ and Abigail, and by extension, Jenn just gives me this warm and fuzzy feeling.

And I agree, enough with the Dannifer scenes.  We get it, Dumbass Dan is breaking up with Jenn because she's a shallow superficial judgemental horror.  I'm thrilled that she's miserable but I don't feel Dan's pain.  It never bothered him up till now so what exactly is new? 

Plus, even if I was so inclined, it would impossible to feel any sympathy for Jenn when she's dressed like someone who just got out a clown car.  NOT the outfit to be wearing when you're having an emotional meltdown unless you're also wearing a flower that shoots water, big clown shoes and sitting on a whoopee cushion. 

And we finally had that most dramatic moment of Marlena confronting Nicole...

MarlenaandNicole.jpg

Edited by boes
  • Love 2

Marlena is one of my favorite characters ever, But not for the reasons the writers want. I don't even want to call her Marlena anymore. She's Lady Sinister. Fashioned after http://wallpoper.com/wallpaper/comics-marvel-349841 Mr. Sinister. Guys... you have to understand the brilliance of this character. You cannot take anything she says at face value. She has no morals. She has no compass. She exists solely to tempt, tease and torment everyone around her and she's magnificent. Everything that comes out of her mouth is engineered to get a specific response. 

I realize that this Marlena exists only in my head... but if you alter your perceptions to fit this, she's magnificent. The only thing missing is actually seeing her in her lab. "I would, if I could only free myself from this blasted so-called conscience that still pollutes me. ... If that is what is required for science to progress...then let me be a monster! Let me be a MONSTER!"

SCIENCE!!

The Saga of Jennifer and Daniel. I mean... I already had to watch Spain crash out of the World Cup... their golden generation, who has won an unprecedented three major tournaments in a row, not able to manage one goal in two games so far... I had to watch this shit as well?

"But I love you!"

"The earth has told me that a new patient is in the vicinity. Therefore, we must part for I must be available to bone her."

"But I love you! You're the kindest, noblest, greatest man who ever lived!"

"Don't forget to leave your key."

Can I just say right now that all of these pictures of Jennifer that Daniel has been staring at for the past week (it feels like) completely throw me because I don't know who it is at first? I never see Jennifer smile and yet there she is, happy as a clam in photographs. I could like Photo!Jen. Too bad the walking, talking version is every inch a killjoy. (By the way, the earth speaks to Daniel because he's so fucking holy... and dirty.)

Knowing that Sami totes knows about EJ/Abby made every single interaction today better. I don't feel that spoilers ruins soaps for me (I'm spoiler free in life... for good or ill... fiction is spoilerific) and, seriously, everything was better knowing that Sami knew.

Oh, and for good measure... fuck you, Nicole.

• Love 6
(edited)

I think of Jordan as a puppy (which is why Rafe cheating on her and then not seemingly caring the next day is really odd to me), but I don't think of Abigail as a puppy. I don't know what Abigail is though.

I wouldn't really expect Abigail to figure Sami out, since Abigail is generally pretty dumb except for when she's negotiating for sex, but shouldn't EJ notice Sami's behavior is sort of out of character for her? When Sami was jumping around in the garden like a daffodil on speed, I thought maybe EJ should have clued in that something was up.

I was kind of hoping Sami would start making out with EJ on the sex couch in front of Abigail. Really lay it on!

If Sami doesn't want to mess Abigail, then I don't mind someone else, anybody else, doing it. She's one of the most annoying Days' characters. I don't remember feeling this way about any of the other young people who have been on this show -- ie. Stephanie, Chelsea, etc. I don't know if even Melanie really had this effect on me, although I had no appreciation for her acting whatsoever.

I wonder when the writers decided Sami would know about the infidelity. It didn't seem that way at the start of the story.

I think what makes this story a little more entertaining that usual is that Kate might be on it. Maybe that's also exciting people. Kate is taking her rightful place as Sami's confidante, and that's a different angle we haven't seen before.

I wonder if EJ accidentally signed over Dimera Enterprises to Sami when he forgot to check the papers she had him sign after the shower incident.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 4

Marlena is one of my favorite characters ever, But not for the reasons the writers want. I don't even want to call her Marlena anymore. She's Lady Sinister. Fashioned after http://wallpoper.com/wallpaper/comics-marvel-349841 Mr. Sinister. Guys... you have to understand the brilliance of this character. You cannot take anything she says at face value. She has no morals. She has no compass. She exists solely to tempt, tease and torment everyone around her and she's magnificent. Everything that comes out of her mouth is engineered to get a specific response. 

Dandesun, I enjoy Marlena so much more now that I realize she's using Salem as her science lab and exists solely to provoke the good citizens of Salem into varying reactions.  Thank you so much for that.  I'm looking forward to her future experiments on I SEE AND KNOW ALL! John.

Can I just say right now that all of these pictures of Jennifer that Daniel has been staring at for the past week (it feels like) completely throw me because I don't know who it is at first? I never see Jennifer smile and yet there she is, happy as a clam in photographs. I could like Photo!Jen. Too bad the walking, talking version is every inch a killjoy.

If you haven't seen the Stoner Book Club scenes from about a year ago, you absolutely must watch them.  JJ accidentally served his mom's book club his "special" doughnuts and most of the females in Salem got stoned.  Jennifer is so vibrant and sassy, she's virtually unrecognizable from the Jenn we have today.   I held out hope for a long time that the cute Jennifer from those scenes would come back, but that hope is pretty much dead now.  I agree about the happy pictures of Jenn and Dan together - when were they taken?  I don't remember Jennifer and Daniel ever being happy together long enough for someone to take their picture!