Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

(edited)

Yes indeedyDO I did enjoy today's episode! 

Nicole would have done better to start speaking in tongues and handling snakes than all that blather she was spouting today.  Going after Sami as if Sami had anything at all to do with what happened to Eric was pure b.s. deflection.  Sami knew nothing about it till after the fact, and EJ only knew about it after it had happened, and as I remember, didn't Kristen hold something over his head to keep him quiet?  So Eric holding Sami responsible at all is nothing but hot air he can blow out his sainted behind ala Jawn Black. 

Maggie streamed into Dirty Dan's apartment like she's missed a dose of Flomax and needed a pit stop bad.  Her turning away from Jenn in mid-wail was a thing of beauty.  But all those tears were about what, exactly?  She already knew about the kidnapping, so she was gushing because Gabi was involved?  She seemed like a drama in need of a plot to me.  Of course, anything that shuts up Jenn is fine with me.

oceanblue, on 17 Jun 2014 - 7:14 PM, said:

Something frightened me today.  I felt Daniel had a point.

And evil though I may be, I quite enjoyed seeing Jenn's panicked look and semi-hysterical reaction to Dan wanting to kick her to the door.  Whether he would have told Eric the truth if Nicole didn't is beside the point.  You don't do to a partner what Jenn did and expect to have no repercussions from it.  I guess she's so used to telling everyone what to do and to holding herself to be so much better than everyone else that it came as quite a shock that someone might actually resent that.  After all, most of the Hortons praise her for her Gladys Kravitz ways.

And it reminded me of her motormouth after she broke it off with Dan and took every chance she could to castigate him for moving on after she dumped him, when of course he was really protecting her kid.  She badmouthed him to his face and behind his back nonstop.  Maybe even Dirty Dan has had enough.  I can't imagine he isn't tired of bowing down before her majesty by now.  But mainly, I just enjoy seeing her miserable.  Jenn just needs to wait, her perfect neutered man is going to hers soon.  I'm sure she'll be able to teach Eric to fetch in record time.

And as has been said her, Abigail was pretty funny having that fadeout about Nick in the Square.  She's passed that place quite a bit since then, but for some reason, in the middle of her talk with Jordan she just had to make it all about her and have a semi-fainting spell.  When Sami came up and grabbed her away from Jordan, I enjoyed Jordan's WTF look as Sami led Abigail away like a captive.

Isn't looking like there isn't a thought passing through his head sort of business as usual for Rafe? It's more remarkable to me when he looks as if he might be experiencing cerebral activity firsthand.

Rafe may be pretty but it's obvious brains were not in abundant supply in the Hernandez household.  Perhaps "Momma" might cut the guy a little slack.  He has three beers and ends up having sex with Kate (not that that's necessarily a bad thing) but wakes up shocked?  And now he's all sulky because Ben asks him why he's being such a sulky little sob to his sister.  And Rafe's answer is because he can't be the hero?  What the hell is this for Rafe, some video game?

I'm really surprised sometimes that Rafe doesn't begin every sentence with DUH and spend most of his time walking into walls.

Kate, my lovely, lovely Kate.....something wicked this way comes, and I can't wait to see what it will be!

Edited by boes
  • Love 2

When I was little my dad used to make us watch ancient Shirley Temple movies.  They made him nostalgic for his own childhood, a time when her movies were simply old.  Whenever little Shirley had to emote, she'd huff and puff herself up, speak in a certain wubby tone, stick out her bottom lip a bit, and knit her eyebrows together.  She may have made use of finger pointing for emphasis, too, though maybe she only did that during her sing-and-dance numbers.  Anyway, for some reason today all I could think when watching and listening to Missy Reeves trying to act (after I got done laughing at her horribly ugly and unflattering outfit) was wubby little Shirley Temple.  I'll never be able to unsee it, either.

Rafe seemed to have nothing passing through his brain after the sex with Kate.

Was it revealed who was outside in the hallway, or was the next scene Kate in Sonny's club/cafe/whatever?  If it's the latter, weird.

• Love 1

Was it revealed who was outside in the hallway, or was the next scene Kate in Sonny's club/cafe/whatever?  If it's the latter, weird.

Yeah, that made no sense.  Were we just supposed to think that maybe it was Jordan, only to be relived to see her at the club playing handsies with her brother?

WTF with Abby acting like she knows Rafe so well that he goes 'inwards' during a crisis? At this point, Jordan actually knows Rafe better than Abby does. Abby hasn't even shared any scenes with Rafe that I can remember since KM assumed the role. I'm beyond sick of Abby acting like she knows everyone better than they do themselves. Why couldn't she navigate casual sex with an engaged man if she was so worldly? I need Melanie to come back so the show can stop propping Abby. They only have two years left in the tank until they come up for renewal, so there's no need to build the show around Abby/KM just yet. It's beyond annoying that they think a B character like Abby can play in the big leagues. What's next? Is Kristen going to kidnap her? And Will and Sonny are so gonna figure out EJabby and I hope that when they do, they both blank her instead of ending up as her back-up dancers until the end of their run. I was glad that Nicole pointed out that EJ knew about Eric and Kristen at some point and didn't tell. It doesn't absolve Nicole from what she did, and if Eric takes her back it comes to the same thing as Sami staying with EJ. The thing that I liked about it was that it's a reminder to Sami of why she sexiled him in the first place which is timely since it's all going down soon. I still think she'll take him back if he's not dead, but I can enjoy her having fuel for the fire while it lasts.

• Love 2

The only person I feel sorry for in the Eric drama is Eric - every other person involved has made it all about themselves.  Other than accusing Nicole of raping him - and in some ways that was understandable given his state of mind and Nicole's suspicious behavior - he's been a victim of everyone else's behavior.  Personally I hope he doesn't forgive Nicole and he goes back to being a priest.  Or he chooses Jennifer which would totally burn Nicole's ass.

Why can't Jennifer and Maggie die?  So completely sick of both of them.  Don't worry about your professional career, Daniel, just blow off your work obligations so you can let those two sob all over you.  It's not often I feel sorry for Daniel, but I did yesterday.  PLEASE let this be the last time Jen and Daniel break up! I cannot take anymore.

I agree that Ben and Jordan have chemistry together.  They should considering they shared a space in their grandmother's attic during their formative years.

• Love 4

I'm not perplexed that Jennifer told Eric, but why did she complicate the situation by whining about Nicole and Dan's friendship?

If she had just said she told Eric on principle instead of getting into why it bothers her that Daniel keeps Nicole's secrets, Daniel would have had less of an argument.

• Love 3

I think Dan and Jen both had valid points. Dan is right that Jen should believe the best in him since she's supposed to love him. But Jen was justified in basically saying she didn't think he would ever tell Eric the truth. Given Dan's history of lying and covering up for Nicole it's totally believable that he would lie for her again. But really, they both just need to shut up and stop breathing. 

• Love 6

With the way things are going, Eric getting mad at Sami for being with EJ, Marlena judging Sami for tossing Nick in the river, EJ cheating on Sami, Roman being AWOL, Brady being high, - Please, please let Sami being working with Kate to destroy EJ and Stefano, and when it happens, I want Sami to tell everyone else in Salem (except her children and grandchild) to go to hell and fry.

I hope Will and Sonny have Sami’s back when the cheating is revealed.

It's going to be so very sad, and ironic that the one person Sami can count on, sort of, is Kate.

• Love 5

The Dannifer breakup scene was hard to watch. I have lingering fondness for Jennifer circa late 80s, but that's dwindling now. I may not have a lot of personal experience with breakups, but I have to believe I wouldn't be as desperate as Jen, especially as a woman in her 50s (I refuse to play along that she's in her 40s). It's also hard to believe that Dan would just let her and all of their twwuu luvv go so easily. He seems depressed, not tormented by making an agonizing decision to renounce Jennifer. Blech. 

And for the love of GOD, why can't even Jennifer make the logical connection from Melanie's kidnapping to the explosion to Jack's death? Or am I giving everyone short shrift? Are we the only ones who know that Andrew was responsible for the explosion? When was that, anyway -- 2012? Oy. 

Sami's dress -- UGH. 

• Love 1

Everything about Abigail is annoying.  But I can see why Will would talk about his mom behind her back - that's the kind of family they are.  I don't care how many Mr Rogers vests he wears, Will's no exception. 

Lastwaltz, the amount of desperation going on with almost ALL the women of Salem is nauseating.  Can't any of these woman carry themselves with some dignity?  Do they HAVE to have a man to make them happy?  Watching Nicole and Jennifer basically prostrate themselves in front of their "true loves" makes me sick.  Jennifer should just accept that she and Dan have two different outlooks of life and they are not compatible.  Nicole needs to own up to the fact that she screwed Eric over by taking away his choices.  And I wish that while she's remembering how she forgave Eric for his false accusations, that she would also remember how much it hurt her and how he was so quick to believe that she would do that to him.  Why the hell would she want to be with someone who would think that of her?  But of course, by lying to him and destroying evidence, she became exactly the kind of nasty person he accused her of.  So why would he want to be with her again?  Because she "loves" him?

Ugh, these stupid people and their awful dysfunctional ideas about love!

• Love 4

At least the CM version of Will was good for a laugh with his smirking and eye-rolling.  I like NuWill all right but at times he looks like he should be auditioning for Up With People or Newsies.

And for me, no matter what version of Will we have, I think Sonny could do a LOT better.

• Love 3
The show must have purposely put both Sami and Nicole in provocative looking outfits  on the same day for the amusement of the male part of the audience.

Yes, suddenly their hair, make-up, and dresses made sense once they got into the bar fight. It was like eye candy for the male viewers.  I must admit thought I was disappointed that EJ wasn’t the one to break it up. They missed the potential for some good lines there given the past history of that trio.

I felt Eric and Nicole sounded a bit nonsensical when they compared what EJ did to what Nicole did. EJ knew Kristen raped Eric, but other than overhearing a conversation and then going to her for verification he didn't have an actual document clearing Eric's name nor did he stupidly look up to the sky to ask God what he should do.

Also, Nicole isn't the sibling of Kristen and all of her affection is reserved for Eric, so her trying to rationalize the similarity between what she covered up and what EJ withheld is a bit off to me. The two situations, while morally flawed, don't strike me as the same. I'm not saying EJ is completely free of sin in this matter, but it makes some sense that he would withhold the info since he's related to Kristen while it makes absolutely no sense that Nicole shredded the documents since she allegedly loves Eric. And EJ didn't know "all along." He learned about it after the fact. I don't see how the two situations are comparable.

And I was also perplexed when Nicole called Sami a Dimera whore when Nicole was also a Dimera whore at one point, a role which she coveted.

All of what you said is spot on!  Nicole and Eric are both pathetic at this point. It might be the only thing they have in common.  Sami’s family treats her so shitty and they wonder why she’s marrying a Dimera! Frankly at this point I think I’d take Stef’s house of horrors over the hypocrisy of Marlena and Eric if they were my mother and brother. 

And why does Eric think that EJ knew “all along?”  Is he just assuming that because EJ is a Dimera?  If he is so disgusted by the Dimera’s and that his own sister is about to marry one of them then why was he okay to marry a former Mrs. Dimera himself?  The hypocrisy in this town just reeks some days.

• Love 2

It would've been nice if Jennifer had had that kind of determination and belief that the relationship would be fixed when her marriage was in question.

Fuck, I hate her.

These writers need to figure out another way to start a conversation between two people without making someone look like a needy, clingy, dipshit.  Ben with his whole "I pushed too hard, I'll back off" towards Abby was really passive aggressive.  Like, if you wanna know what her deal is, just ask.  Or maybe Ben doesn't need to know right now that Abby has an issue.  Or maybe Abby could seek him out to talk because she needs support.  The passive aggressive "It's all about ME!" discussions are what turns the audience against characters.  Abby was dealing with something pretty huge (although laughable from a story standpoint), and Ben getting all butt hurt because she didn't immediately smile and throw herself into his arms when she saw him was ridiculous.  Christ man, grow a pair.

• Love 3

I think Ben is supposed to be insecure (or something) if we're supposed to remember the old version of Ben, but the new version of Ben clearly isn't. So whenever he asks Abigail whether he's done something, it comes across a little weird.

Caught on Tape -- I'm fighting it, but I think I hate Jennifer, too. And that bugs, because she was really great a long time ago. 

Yesterday's was one of those episodes where I think I missed half of the day before. I also didn't understand why Ben was all "hands off? no problem!" when the last time I remember them together they were smooching up a storm. 

I should live in the wardrobe thread, maybe, but what is with the wide-legged jeans that Jen and Paige are sporting? I wore those in high school and they weren't flattering even for a real-life 16 year old. I don't seem them on anyone in my day-to-day or anywhere else on TV. Again, I don't get it. 

(edited)

The pathetic desperate women of Salem parade is yet another reason why I want Sami to destroy EJ, and not even think about forgiving him ever.  I hope EJ gets shot at the wedding, dies, and Sami’s reaction is – “Good.  That’s one less problem I have to worry about.”

The boring twit reminds me of the way Nicole acted when she went chasing after EJ when he was married to Sami.  Nicole blamed Sami because EJ still loved Sami.  If someone is stupid and selfish enough to pursue a married, engaged, or person who is in another committed relationship, the person they should blame when things don’t go the way they want – is themselves.

What’s really annoying is that when Sami was obsessed with Austin, and her schemes kept blowing up in her face, no one was poor Sami, she must be heart broken.  The response was stop pursuing the man who is in love with your sister, and move on.

I bet if Kate and Sami are planning something that Sami will somehow be made out to be the bad guy when EJ’s cheating is revealed.  The boring twit will get a free pass.

Considering everything Sami has done for Will, it would be nice if Will would defend his mother for once.  Will certainly has no problem letting Sami, Kate, Sonny, etc., fight his battles for him.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 4

I feel like all I do anymore is read these posts and give everyone a "thumbs up" because seriously, all you people speak the truth. 

If someone is stupid and selfish enough to pursue a married, engaged, or person who is in another committed relationship, the person they should blame when things don’t go the way they want – is themselves.

THANK YOU!  And why they can't see this for themselves is beyond me.  It's laughable that Nicole says God approved her lying to Eric when Eric was a COMMITTED priest and the ONLY reason he left the priesthood was because Kristen raped him and then Marlena was kind enough to show the sex tape to the good people of Salem and then Nicole was super thoughtful about destroying the evidence that proved Eric's innocence.  He stopped being a priest NOT because he loved Nicole and gave up God for her, but because he had no choice.  And then after that, his whole attitude was "screw it, can't be a priest anymore, I guess I'll marry Nicole".  Nicole needs to act like a grown woman and deal with her part in this mess. You know what would be good?  If Eric decided to become a eunuch and his dick was totally beyond Nicole's reach forever.

It would've been nice if Jennifer had had that kind of determination and belief that the relationship would be fixed when her marriage was in question.

Fuck, I hate her.

You and me both. 

• Love 3

Considering everything Sami has done for Will, it would be nice if Will would defend his mother for once. Will certainly has no problem letting Sami, Kate, Sonny, etc., fight his battles for him.

Smirky or otherwise, I think Massey did a good job at conveying Will's powerfully ambivalent relationship with his mother. I think it's actually quite in character for him not to defend his mother -- especially to another family member such as Abigail. I'm not saying it's admirable, mind you. But it was clear that OlWill loved his mother and was deeply frustrated and disappointed by her in nearly equal measure. Guy Wilson's version doesn't really seem to care that much one way or the other. I'm not sure having lines to read where Will specifically came to Sami's defence could alter that impression. Will's lack of initiative is and was a continuing problem that cannot be resolved by either -- or any -- actor, though Wilson's lack of a specific point of view does make it worse, in my view. 

• Love 1

I suppose Rafe is going through some kind great internal struggle, but GG doesn't have the acting chops to pull it off?

If I were AS, I would have had this twitchy urge to pull that white thing off the dress.

• Love 1

Will needs to remember that Sami is family. Jennibore and Abifail certainly didn't consider Lucas's feelings when they started to worship Daniel, so for me, the whole 'Abby is family too' is irrelevant to me.

• Love 2

It's funny how Abigail describes Sami as pushy as a moving train, but conveniently forgets how she propositioned EJ in the conference room. Uh, Abigail, compared to that, Sami asking Abigail to plan her wedding was rather subtle.

• Love 5

Will needs to remember that Sami is family. Jennibore and Abifail certainly didn't consider Lucas's feelings when they started to worship Daniel, so for me, the whole 'Abby is family too' is irrelevant to me.

• Love 1

I hope there is a video of that conference room proposition, and Sami has is played at the all over the hospital at the next board meeting where EJ is served with divorce papers because Kate and Sami have taken over DE.

• Love 2

The catfight was kind of fun. Eric shows more personality breaking that up and then talking to Sami then he does with his full on earnest, defrocked priest stuff. "Are you kidding me?! You're supposed to be grown-ups!" That cracked me up almost as much as Sami's dress. And, really, even if Eric doesn't have a leg to stand on with what he said to Sami I really, really like their sibling dynamic. He's more real with her than anyone else I've seen so far.

Nicole, I'm getting tired of you. I'm glad Eric shut her down completely.

Speaking of getting tired, I honestly fell asleep during the final bit of Daniel/Jennifer and whatever the hell that was. I woke up and had to run it back and still it didn't leave an impression except for 'Ew, they're kissing' at the end. Oh, and Jennifer's... um, "passionate" kisses to lead up to the icky making out? Lips clamped together, eyes squeezed shut... she looked like a 12 year old trying to kiss for the first time and not remotely looking forward to it.

Rafe had, what, three beers and couldn't remember where he was? Lightweight. And he's going through quite the existential crisis right now. "I've let everyone down. I'm horrible at taking care of people." At least his hair is holding up. He's not pulling a Cristiano Ronaldo in the Brazilian humidity. See, Rafe? Things could be so much worse. Half of your family is either dead or in prolonged prison sentences on your watch but at least you're not getting your ass kicked by a bunch of ridiculously hot Germans. (This is something that will probably only last during World Cup but there's something to be said for that being a silver lining. "Hey, your life is in shambles but at least you don't have to deal with Die Mannschaft!")

What else happened yesterday? Aside from an absolutely scintillating scoreless tie between Brazil and Mexico, that is. (Seriously. That game was amazing. Ochoa is a damned superhero and should have statues built of him all through Mexico.) Oh yes, more the of Abby Flashbacks to Sex with EJ story. Um... yeah. So aside from a fairly pretty bra... yeah. We're going to get one of these every day Abby's on up until the wedding that so obviously isn't going to happen, aren't we? I have to say that while EJ is, so far, one of the few characters I actively hate, I did enjoy him basically telling Abby that the only thing that matters to him is that he loves Sami and his family. Her utterly gob-smacked expression was all 'But... I let you into my lady-garden! How can you possibly prefer others over me when I let you into my lady-garden? My lady-garden is an enchanted glade and I let you in there! How can you possibly say you want that... other lady-garden that probably is filled with thistles and stinkweed... as opposed to mine, which is filled with jasmine and roses!! I don't even understand you!!"

• Love 4

All I can say is : CALLED IT! I knew she knew and it looks like she has for a while.  Let The Games Begin indeed.  TeamSami all the way for old times sake.

What?!  I can't watch live today dammit!  Please tell me you aren't teasing and Sami knows and has known and plans to burn them both to the ground!!  And please tell me that Kate's in on it too.

Lips clamped together, eyes squeezed shut... she looked like a 12 year old trying to kiss for the first time and not remotely looking forward to it.

Don't forget the worried frown of despair.  You've described perfectly how she kisses Dan though - like he has cooties and she has to take one for the team.

• Love 1

Gosh, I hope this episode is not a dream.

I'm looking forward to seeing Abby get played with more and more.  Today was classic:'You see the real EJ'.  Boring twit was happy to own to it when she was sexing EJ and now she's quaking in her boots.

It seems the real EJ will meet the real Sami soon enough.

How can Abby not get drawn and quartered in public? Sami is a legacy character and they should go balls to the wall cos the twit needs to get schooled.

My dream scenario is that Sami ditches EJ, then Abby thinks she's won but EJ dies.  I can accept Sami taking him back on resurrection just to see that.

• Love 3

Abby is also a legacy character.  Even moreso than Sami.  She's a Horton.

I don't really care what Sami does to her, it's deserved, but let's not paint Sami out to be some paragon of virtue.  The Sami I remember has done FAR worse than Abby has ever done.  If I'm supposed to feel some kind of vindication towards Sami because she's known it all along, I don't.  As I said before, taking out vengeance on Abby is beneath her.  It's clear Abby doesn't have the chops to fight her back, so why bother?  Just to prove she can?  Typical Sami....no growth whatsoever.

(edited)

I like the plan. Just because. For me, it has nothing to do with that character being better than that character.  I would never describe Sami as a paragon of virtue. I don`t even think a lot of the discussions have anything to do with that. But she is more interesting than simpering Abigail who looks even more irritating in the face when she`s looking freaked out. I just want to be entertained. And Sami`s plan sounds entertaining!

Abigail will wind up  being a casualty, but for some strange reason I think EJ will wind up being even more turned on by Sami. He seems to like feisty, warrior Sami as much as some part of the audience does.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 4
(edited)

I'm glad that Sami knows, but whatever she does is still a case of "too little, too late" when it comes to her and EJ, even if she kills him. Seriously, the man can rape you and kidnap your baby, but an affair is where you draw the line? I'm looking forward to the soapy goodness of it all, but I'll be rolling my eyes that *this* is what it took!

I also would like to see EJ be the main focus of her rage. Abby deserves some, but she's not the one who was engaged to her. Granted, it's early, but it does seem more about setting Abby up than EJ so far.

Edited by shesajar
  • Love 1

It would be more entertaining if Sami went after EJ and left Abigail alone completely.  She's beneath her.  Then show Abby flipping the hell out while she wonders what's in store for her.  Let Sami give her one good slap and then leave the revenge to EJ alone.  It would destroy him more.  As it is, beating up on Abby makes her look like a bully.  Again....typical Sami.

• Love 1

I like the plan. Just because. For me, it has nothing to do with that character being better than that character. I just want to be entertained. And Sami`s plan sounds entertaining!

Me too.  I honestly don't care who's right or wrong - I just want some good soapy action to happen.  But I must admit that I hate snooty Abigail and I'm looking forward to her downfall. 

• Love 4
(edited)

This plan sounds less problematic than the plan where she shot him in the head. She`s gone at him before. Of course, he never learns. In this instance, I think she`s doling out a revenge appropriate to this particular idiocy EJ inflicted on himself and their relationship.

How lame is Abigail that she simply can`t tell EJ to screw off? Frankly, I think Sami is treating her better than EJ is! Sami keeps giving Abigail a ton of outs, but EJ keeps telling Abigail she has to go through with everything.

I wonder if EJ stupidly left the photo lying around the living room and Ciara found it for Sami....what a moron you are, EJ.

Maybe it would be easier to feel sorry for Abigail if she didn't have such a whimpering personality. All she has to do is say "No" to Sami, but she never takes the option when it's presented to her. Subconsciously, maybe Abby wants to be part of the wedding. Geez, call in Daniel to give you a sick letter if you have to.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

I like the plan. Just because. For me, it has nothing to do with that character being better than that character.  I would never describe Sami as a paragon of virtue. I don`t even think a lot of the discussions have anything to do with that. But she is more interesting than simpering Abigail who looks even more irritating in the face when she`s looking freaked out. I just want to be entertained. And Sami`s plan sounds entertaining!

Abigail will wind up  being a casualty, but for some strange reason I think EJ will wind up being even more turned on by Sami. He seems to like feisty, warrior Sami as much as some part of the audience does.

ITA.  No one has said that Sami is a paragon of virtue, but for me Abby needs to be taken down a peg or two. I don't even like the current incarnation of Sami, but I will back her over Abby and EJ any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Abby may be a Horton but her only claim to fame is that she's a child of a supercouple and that is not grounds enough to be interesting.  And the latest version of Abby has only been onscreen for 3 years. When I call Sami a legacy character it's because she's a child of Roman and Marlena and she's been on our screens for 21 years.  AS is also kind of the leading lady of Days.  I never expected them to let her exit any other way but on top.

Abby deserves to be gone after because she certainly thought she was equal to Sami when she was going after EJ.  Now she's suddenly weak compared to Sami when the shit hits the fan?

Sami can show growth by taking revenge in a smarter way, and that looks like what she's doing.  No way does the twit get a free pass.

• Love 5

I also would like to see EJ be the main focus of her rage. Abby deserves some, but she's not the one who was engaged to her. Granted, it's early, but it does seem more about setting Abby up than EJ so far.

I only think it appears that way at the present moment simply because Abigail has a tendency to freak out very easily. Why she doesn't insist she doesn't want to go through with this is a bit perplexing to me, but overall Abigail has weak nerves and EJ doesn't generally freak out until he's fully been caught. He always has a calm demeanor until you see him crying on the floor begging Sami to come back to him.

I'm glad that Sami knows, but whatever she does is still a case of "too little, too late" when it comes to her and EJ, even if she kills him. Seriously, the man can rape you and kidnap your baby, but an affair is where you draw the line? I'm looking forward to the soapy goodness of it all, but I'll be rolling my eyes that *this* is what it took!

The problem is these idiot writers don’t acknowledge Sami and EJ’s past.  EJ raping Sami, and Fake Rafe raping Sami are never mentioned.  They joke about Sami shooting EJ in the head.

I love the idea of Ciara finding the photo for Sami.

If someone chases after someone else’s fiancée, and gets burned, I don’t care.

I hope part of Sami's revenge is bringing Chad back to Salem.

• Love 1
(edited)

If I were Abigail, I would fake a trip to Cuba. Who cares what EJ has to say? Abigail seems to want to please EJ whenever he keeps insisting she has to participate in  this wedding business.

Edited by bantering
(edited)

Eve Barron—so now she’s taken back her original name? Seriously? This return is already so lame. And I just can not see her as Eve.

Sami with the photo was a nice twist that could be quite interesting, mostly because I hope her wrath is funneled at Abby. I want Sami to stick a big middle finger in Abby's face at the wedding, expose the secret, and marry EJ anyways. I can't think of a biger FU to that holier than though little mistress wanna-be.

The one problem I do have with this storyline is that clearly Sami has been playing Abigail for a while, but I’m a little irked that AS denied it. I understand an actor/actress being asked a question and not wanting to spoil things but I’d much rather see them give a vague “you’ll have to tune in and see what happens” type response than basically out right lie. I really dislike when actors/writers/producers do that—dispel a rumor even though it’s true.

"TV Guide Magazine: Some of the fans suspect Sami has known about the affair for quite some time and that she's setting EJ up for a big revenge — Emily Thorne-style. But isn't she way too transparent to pull that off? Sami wears her heart, and everything else, on her sleeve.

Sweeney: Exactly! Everything you've seen on screen is sincere. There is no secret agenda or revenge plot. The idea that she has known all along just couldn't happen, especially not with this story going on for so long. Sami could never pull that off because you're right — she does wear her heart on her sleeve. There's another fan theory floating around that Sami knows what EJ did but she's already forgiven him. That's so not happening, either."

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Alison-Sweeney-Book-1082328.aspx

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 1

EJ doesn't generally freak out until he's fully been caught. He always has a calm demeanor until you see him crying on the floor begging Sami to come back to him.

Oh please let this happen.  Another fine moment of emasculation for EJ.  It would almost top Stefano forcing him to crawl across the floor to kiss his ring.

• Love 1
(edited)

Sweeney: Exactly! Everything you've seen on screen is sincere. There is no secret agenda or revenge plot. The idea that she has known all along just couldn't happen, especially not with this story going on for so long. Sami could never pull that off because you're right — she does wear her heart on her sleeve. There's another fan theory floating around that Sami knows what EJ did but she's already forgiven him. That's so not happening, either.

I think in that quote she says Sami has not known all along, which I think might be the truth.

I feel Sami found out at a later date, probably when EJ stupidly left the photo in an open drawer. I think the revenge plot has only started recently.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

The one problem I do have with this storyline is that clearly Sami has been playing Abigail for a while. But I’m a little irked that AS denied it. I understand an actor/actress being asked a question and not wanting to spoil things but I’d much rather see them give a vague “you’ll have to tune in and see what happens” type response than basically out right lie. 

In her defense, there is no good answer. If I read "tune in to find out!" then I know the answer is yes and the plot is spoiled.  I don't see how she could have answered that and not given away the plot.  What she should have done is let KM do her interview and it would have been so confusing and all-about-Abby that no one would have guessed a thing.

• Love 3

This is the first time in forever that I'm really excited about a story. I don't give a damn about Sami taking the high road. Abby isn't a four year old. She's a smart, sophisticated, worldly young woman (LOL!). If she wants to play in the big leagues then Sami should be allowed to go after her like she would anyone else. 

• Love 6

Sami with the photo was a nice twist that could be quite interesting, mostly because I hope her wrath is funneled at Abby. 

I think the revenge plot was recent and I'm fanwanking it as AS not knowing where we are in airing.  I agree with you about Abby getting lots of heat from Sami.  Whatever she does to EJ is going to be boring.  He's going to beg and grovel, blah blah blah.

I am interested to see what Abby does because she has gotten in people's faces before, e.g. Chloe and she thinks she's the mack.  If she couldn't handle Julie shading her at the hospital, what will she do if the whole town turns on her?  That's gonna be good TV.

Plus Jen-Jen will try and step in to defend the indefensible and Sami is not going to respond like Austin and Carrie!

Can you imagine Jen without Dan and a pariah daughter?  Good TV.

This is the first time in forever that I'm really excited about a story. I don't give a damn about Sami taking the high road. Abby isn't a four year old. She's a smart, sophisticated, worldly young woman (LOL!). If she wants to play in the big leagues then Sami should be allowed to go after her like she would anyone else. 

Amen to this post.  They've had the whole town go on about how Abby is good people. Sami, Maggie, Chad, Lucas, Will, Sonny, Ben, Jordan and the list goes on.  I want to see what happens.  I wonder if Marlena will take Abby's side over Sami?

• Love 4
(edited)

Yeah, I think there's a certain repetition in having Sami only go after EJ. After shooting EJ in the head, where else is there for her to go?

Abigail is such an irritating person that at least wondering what Sami will do to her incites some interest.

Yeah, it's more dignified if you let bygones be bygones, but this is Days of Our Lives we're talking about. No one on this show acts dignified. Geez, even Marlena of all people showed a sex tape of her son in church because she hated Kristen THAT much. Maybe Marlena will be offended on Abigail's behalf and let Sami know that she should care more about other people despite having shown a sex tape in the House of God.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

I don't understand why Sami wouldn't go after both EJ and Abigail?  Aren't they equally guilty?  Sami needs to go for broke with this one and go off the show with a BANG!  I am incredibly excited about this.  I hope the writers get this right.

• Love 3