Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Unless there really is a Sami/Kate scheme going on, this isn't even plausible for me.  Women don't just anybody to be their maid of honor and maybe I've missed something, but I've never seen any meaningful friendship between Sami and Abby.  It would make more sense for Sami to ask Kate to be her honor attendant.

Sami was taking art classes from Abby, although most of that happened off-camera, so I guess they bonded over that.

The only reason the boring twit was put in Sami and EJ's orbit was to try and make her relevant, and it failed miserably.  She is still a vanilla waste of space.  Sami would crush her like a bug, and all Sami has to do to crush EJ is leave him.  EJ already has a meltdown at just the prospect of Sami taking the children and leaving the mansion.  If Sami followed through, it would be game over.

Trying to put Nick and Abby in the big leagues with Sami, Kate, and EJ was a stupid and ridiculous idea on the writers part.

• Love 5

Sami was taking art classes from Abby, although most of that happened off-camera, so I guess they bonded over that.

That just makes me sad for Sami.  That she would ask her needy art teacher to be her maid of honor.  

Sami would crush her like a bug, and all Sami has to do to crush EJ is leave him.  EJ already has a meltdown at just the prospect of Sami taking the children and leaving the mansion.  

I totally agree.  And I'm kinda hoping that's what happens.  I really need to see Abby come down a few pegs.  And personally, I think Sami's already putting rat poison in EJ's food.  He looks like shit these days.

• Love 4

It's a little weird how men who sleep with Abigail suddenly start to sport really terrible hair after THE SEX.

It happened to Chad. Now it's happening with EJ.

I wonder what's going to happen to Nu-Ben's hair.

• Love 2

I love the idea of Sami putting rat poison in EJ's food.  Even better if Kate is putting rat poison in Stefano's food to.

I like the idea of Chad dating T to.  At one time before Will came out, there was a lot of speculation about Chad and Will both coming out and being a couple.

(edited)

Sami learning about art to impress EJ is still ridiculous to me since I don't think I've ever heard him mention anything about art. This just highlights how little it makes sense for Abby and Sami to be spending this much time together. I get that they're apparently trying to make Abby "happen" but it irritates me that they're using Sami to do it.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 3
(edited)

I just hate how the writers had just about every character sing Abby's praises except Ann, Theresa, and Nick. It was very sickening listening to Sami tell Jenn the prude how good Abby is and blah blah blah. Only child that Jenn has that's interesting is JJ. Writers worked extra overtime to try and make Abby happen and be a new leading lady for the young crowd and it was an epic fail.

What bothers me is that JJ isn't considered a heartthrob in Salem. Look at him, he has that jock/Abercrombie look going for him. Yea he broke a store window and did drugs but compared to the rest of the men in Salem, it's not that bad. Everytime JJ's name is mentioned around females that isn't his family or Bev, they get this stank look like he's the ugliest man in creation.

When you compare JJ to the others, hardly any competition - Dan just looks like he smells (seriously he looks like he needs to be sprayed with Febreze & WD-40), Eric & Brady are the dum dum twins, Rafe, Aidan, & NuBen are just boring, EJ just isn't as handsome as he use to be (Abby done messed him up). Sonny would probably be his competition if he wasn't homosexual and there's T but he's barely on. T won me over cause of his personality and attitude and wanted to take Gabi to a concert for their first date. They really need to put T on more.

Chad & T would be cute, they should have made NuBen gay with the way he debut looking at Sonny that way when Sonny told him that he's gay. Plus them over plucked eyebrows doesn't do him any favors. Well him being gay would save him from being in Abby's orbit. She'll get bored with him because he isn't attached to another woman. After being with her NuBen might turn to men, so fingers crossed lol.

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 5
(edited)

Sami learning about art to impress EJ is still ridiculous to me since I don't think I've ever heard him mention anything about art.

It was because the original plan for the Ejami wedding was to go to Italy for the honeymoon and Sami felt unprepared to participate in his world.  But what sucked was the angel motif Abby had from Jack  that made EJ comment to begin the seduction even before the the covereup, is is one of the most popular angel icons ever and even on a postage stamp.  The bored angel. And Abs was impressed he knew about it, really?. 

No wonder her friends excluded her from any discussion about what happened with Melanie.  I think she's shrieking now because she finally realises years later that none of her age group ever included her in what was going on.  Stephanie too. 

It actually makes me laugh, because I laughed back then when everyone knew except Abs.

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 1
(edited)

I feel as though Abigial's crying ability has regressed. I wonder if she'd be less annoying if she stopped weeping.

Since Jack's name has not been mentioned in relation to Gabi and Andrew, maybe Kate Mansi is dutifully following the script description to cry but wondering like the rest of us why Abigail is crying over Melanie rather than her dad. Therefore, we're seeing somewhat mechanical soap crying, imo.

Abigail's crying was better when she was begging EJ to have sex with her. Go figure.

Edited by bantering

Sami learning about art to impress EJ is still ridiculous to me since I don't think I've ever heard him mention anything about art. 

I guess the writers think because EJ has that British accent and his one posh suit, we all think he's steeped in culture.  When the reality is we all think he needs to hit Joseph A Banks for a wardrobe expansion and lately he looks like he's been riding the rails with his hobo friends.

ShadowSixx, ITA about WTF with all the girls looking down their nose at JJ.  Dude would be a major hottie in real life and frankly his bad boy rep would be wildly exciting to most girls his age.  Even the adults treat JJ like some kind of hardened criminal when really the stuff he's done is small potatoes compared to most delinquents his age.  

• Love 2
(edited)

I can buy EJ  having knowledge of art since the character apparently went to Oxford. Stephano, because he's so rich?, also seems like the type of person to invest in art for financial reasons, or, alternatively, steal art for financial reasons.

I do think EJ is more interested in making love to Sami than discussing art with her, however.That isn't to say he doesn't have other kinds of conversations with her,  but the art thing doesn't seem like a deal breaker. I doubt he slept with Abigail because she knew about art. I can't recall those two having an actual conversation, after the sex, outside of trying to reassure Abigail she's a good person or trying to hide their affair and possible pregnancy.

I see the art thing as something he knows about, not necessarily something he has a deep abiding interest in outside of networking purposes or charming people.

I find it more unbelievable that Abigail has deep knowledge of  art, outside of what she learned in one course -- visually she looks  more interested in getting her hair done at the salon and shaking it at the club or traipsing around on a California beach.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2
(edited)

I think the art thing was just done to try and make Sami look bad.  As in why would a rich man like EJ who has traveled the world be interested in Sami.  Apparently, the idiot writers have forgotten that EJ is a Dimera who spent years stalking and being obsessed with Sami while Sami was perfectly happy to be married to men like Rafe and Lucas, and she never gave a damn about EJ’s money.  They also forgot about or ignored all the violence, lies, and criminal activity that happened in those eight years.

Call me crazy, but it seems like rape, attempted murder, terrorizing, stalking, kidnapping, shooting someone in the head, and replacing someone’s husband with an imposter would be more of a detriment to a relationship than someone not knowing that much about art.

The reactions to JJ are ridiculous especially since this is Salem where almost everyone in town has a few felonies to their name.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 1

I find it more unbelievable that Abigail has deep knowledge of  art, outside of what she learned in one course -- visually she looks  more interested in getting her hair done at the salon and shaking it at the club or traipsing around on a California beach.

It's laughable that anyone would go to Abigail to be educated about anything, unless they needed a crash course in in buttinksy behavior.  I guess she could also teach "Narcissism in 10 Easy Lessons", or "How to Stalk the Married Man".  It's pretty ludicrous that Abigail is supposed to be some sort of sophisticated citizen of the world to begin with, much less that she has anything more to say about art than "does it go with my outfit".

• Love 2

So we're supposed to believe Abby is so cultured and worldly yet she doesn't understand how mobsters operate or how an engaged man can have weird cabin sex with her without immediately falling in love? Sure OK. What good is being able to pick out a Picasso when you have no idea how the world works. 

• Love 6

OK, I agree it's plausible that Sami would feel inferior going into EJ's high tone world and wanting to learn about art, etc.  I guess I can also see her thinking that Abigail would be a good teacher - personally I agree with you guys that it's hard to imagine Abby would have any real knowledge about anything.  Other than being a judgmental snob of course.  I guess the writers needed a way to get Sami and Abby in the same stratosphere so that Abby would have access to EJ and Sami would ask Abby to be her maid of honor (which is still so sad and crazy that Sami has no one else to ask).

But why anyone would think the Dimeras know squat about art when they have those tacky portraits hanging in prominent view is beyond me.  I wish Sami would throw a dinner party with all of EJ's high class "friends" and that the scene would show all the classy people laughing themselves sick over the portraits. 

Besides that... art doesn't automatically make you sophisticated. It just means you like art. And there's always the question of what sort of art one might know. It's easy to toss out Picasso or Rembrandt or Gauguin to appear that you know stuff. And, really, did Abby take one course? That's hardly immersive. Plus, maybe look at the lives of some of these artists because they weren't exactly Puritans who engaged in 'respectable' relationships. They had lovers, many of them had several lovers. Klimt was a well known womanizer and he didn't marry every woman he slept with.

And EJ isn't an artist. If he takes on a mistress (which really is NOT what he did with Abigail) it's not like he's going to be painting her and immortalizing her. And, come on, isn't the European stereotype that a man can be married and carry on with mistresses aplenty? Look at the President of France. For someone who is supposed to be sophisticated and worldly, Abigail fails on all counts. She's like the girl in high school who found the local art house theater and considers herself worldly because she watched a movie with subtitles.

In Marlena news: She was pushing buttons and pulling strings like crazy with Sami. Clearly, Sami is her preferred test subject. How will Subject: Daughter, Younger react to this stimuli? How about this one? Sami is so obviously Marlena's experiment in morality and it's been a decades long test by the looks of it. Every interaction is Marlena going 'Dance, Monkey! Dance!'

The only thing I liked about the Rafe/Daniel interaction was when Rafe realized that if he had encouraged Gabi to come forward about the Melanie thing, then Nick wouldn't have been able to hold that over her head and it wouldn't have been one more thing for him to use against her so that she would feel trapped and shoot him. Whether or not any of that is actually true is beside the point. Rafe strikes me as a decent guy (and it's not shoved down my throat the way Daniel the Second Coming is) and his realization about the wrong steps he took and that he's carrying that around with him right now is, what I think, really defines a Good Guy character. He can make mistakes, he can make HUGE mistakes, but he sees them, recognizes them, and bears the burden of them. Rafe may not be the most exciting character in the world and I have no doubt he's as hypocritical as the next person (it's a soap and soap writers don't have the capability for depth anymore) but, as it stands, he's exactly what I need from a Good Guy character.

Sami is totally fucking with Abby.  EJ needs to get his too, but I love that Abby is being messed with for longer.  That line about Sami and Abby having 'similar tastes' was definitely a reference to EJabby.

Guess Abby's job that she doesn't go to is an Event Planner for the hospital.  Sami was laying on thick today.  There's no way she doesn't know.

And they'd better play a tape of  Abby asking to be EJ's mistress because it's so obvious he has no fucks to give about her.  He doesn't care if she's uncomfortable so long as Sami doesn't find out.  Just like when she ordered him to get clothes for her from her car and he said no.

It seems like Sami is in cahoots with someone else because she was on the phone but Kate was in bed with Rafe.  It could be a voicemail, but I want it to be someone from DE so they can play the conference scenes on video, so everyone will see what a temptress Abby tried to be.

• Love 1
(edited)

Asking Abby to help the wedding is even better than asking her to be MOH cos as far as Sami knows, Abby still wants EJ's dick.  She's still having fantasies so this would be even sweeter torture.

Edited by 271queenie
  • Love 2
(edited)

I wonder if the writers will ever show EJ ever feeling any guilt about what he did. So far I haven't seen any signs of that. I thought you suppose to show some kind of sign of remorse/guilt when you betray someone you love.... I guess that doesn't apply to EJ. LOL.

Edited by Sidney
It seems like Sami is in cahoots with someone else

Please let it be the good looking Dimera henchman from a few months back, and let Sami ditch EJ for him.  Sure the Dimera henchmen are incompetent idiots, but so is EJ and just about everyone else in Salem.

• Love 1

Asking Abby to help the wedding is even better than asking her to be MOH cos as far as Sami knows, Abby still wants EJ's dick.  She's still having fantasies so this would be even sweeter torture.

ITA.  Making Abby plan the wedding is a genius move.  I'm having so much fun watching the setup for Abby and EJ's downfall.  I'm going to be really disappointed if this isn't a Sami/Kate scheme.  

John and Brady's scenes are becoming a highlight for me - I don't think they are meant to be this funny, but Brady acting all Reefer Madness as John skulks in the background with his "I SEE AND KNOW ALL!" expressions - well, this is the best comedy they've had since Kristen was chewing up the scenery in her yellow beach wrap.  Please let this continue.  Love Brady's perfectly sculpted "i'm wasted" beard stubble too.

• Love 1

After watching today’s episode all I’m left with is…

Why do so many grown adults with their own beds have sex on the couch?

Why do the women leave their bra on?

Does Rafe really think that sexing up Kate is going to make him get over his pity party and solve any of his problems? Hello dumbass you just created more. While Jordan mostly bores me I feel bad for a girl whose boyfriend (who has told you he loves you and kept you from leaving town at least twice now) cheats on you with a much older woman with blue hair.

If EJ wants his secret affair with Abby to stay a secret, why do they argue about it in public?

And finally, if Sami isn’t messing with Abby’s head than the writers are blowing a huge opportunity and pissing off the viewers with these fake outs.

• Love 4

Not sure why they keep bringing John out every few weeks to have repetitive convos with Mr. Coke Feign and Dr. Cyborg.

Mary Beth can go.

When it comes out that Rafe cheated I hope Sami throws it in his face.

• Love 2
(edited)

I hope Sami throws it in Rafe’s face to.

I’m going to be so disappointed if Sami isn’t scheming with someone.  Sami scheming with both Kate and Dimera henchman would be fabulous.  Maybe Sami contacts Chad, and gets him to return to Salem.

Jordan is boring, but she didn’t deserve to be cheated on.  I can see where this SL will go.  Jordan will find out, dump Rafe, hook up with Lucas, and then go back to Rafe so Lucas gets his heart broken.

I don't know who is more pathetic - Brady or John.

Edited by TigerLynx

Brady trying to talk all "hip" or whatever the fuck that was, was just embarrassing. John is just a bad actor it was almost like watching Charity Rahmer. John doesn't seem to get it that when he's around most of the time is when Brady takes to the bottle and does drugs. Brady did quit for the All Mighty Dan but then John got all up in Brady's face and Brady started again.

Mary Beth STFU, just because you don't have a man or a woman, whomever she's attracted to doesn't mean you can dictate and talk about someone else's relationships. Makes my point on people acting like JJ is a murderer, ooh a little pot and broken store glass makes him the town pariah. SMDH. 

What I find cringing is how a rapist's book is a best seller. Ewww. That's like me buying something OJ Simpson endorses.

Jordan's sad face looked more like she was fucking constipated. Rafe was finally a little interesting telling that bitch to go away. I was like YES, GO RAFE!! but not cool on threatening Lucas but understand he's upset. This story might make Rafe interesting, but probably won't last long.

Kate what are you doing? This isn't gonna make matters better between Rafe and Stefano. Stefano probably is having Kate followed so her sleeping with Rafe is very very bad.

Jordan can STFU up too with her secret and not letting anyone in, so how the fuck am I suppose to feel sorry that Rafe told her to get the hell on somewhere. I want you gone too Jordan, so take the damn hint. Can Kate please find out this bitch's secret so we can finally move on. How long has this story been going on. As I said before writer's don't even know what the damn secret is, just writing for the sake of writing in hopes that fans take interest in her so we feel sympathy when her secret is revealed. Not gonna happen.

Abby might as well be walking around in her bra with how sheer that blouse is. Yes Sami, Abby is in EJ's corner all right, when she was trying to bang him in all corners of the room. You do have similar taste, both tasted EJ's dick, now y'all can compare notes. Sami stop complimenting that little bitch, she can't see that everytime she's around Abby, Abby always freezes up and has a guilty look on her face. Maybe Sami is playing her and knows but why beat around the bush if she does, just knock Abby out in Horton Square in front of Jenn. So let me get this straight, Sami couldn't talk her into planning the wedding after all that propping but EJ says two sentences and Abby is on board. What a fucking idiot!!! Don't get mad at EJ, you could have said NO, EJ didn't have a gun to her head, but I guess it's that Stockholme Syndrome we're all suppose to believe it is. SMDH again.

Look at that Abby is just pissed that EJ loves Sami and his family more than her. That's the real problem, guilt my ass, she wants to be the one marrying EJ in wedded bliss because it wasn't too long ago she was so ready to be the mistress. She was so certain that EJ was gonna kick Sami to the curb and move Abby into the DiMera mansion, like her vagina was the be all to end all. Girl Bye!!

• Love 3
What I find cringing is how a rapist's book is a best seller. Ewww. That's like me buying something OJ Simpson endorses.

AMEN!

Kate what are you doing? This isn't gonna make matters better between Rafe and Stefano. Stefano probably is having Kate followed so her sleeping with Rafe is very very bad.

I thought so too. Didn’t she learn her lesson last time?

Did Rafe and Jordan have a fight? Why did he cheat on Jordan? Not that this sort of event always has a reason behind it, but this seems as random as EJ sleeping with Abigail?

I guess we can chalk it up to Rafe being depressed and a little drunk. He lost one sister and one is sent to prison. Jordan tried to console him but Rafe wasn't interesting in hearing what she had to say and said the best thing for her to do was just leave him alone. She left, Kate came in and said she isn't going to talk to Rafe but just order a drink and then Rafe says something to the effect that the women he's been with have always needed saving and Kate said no every woman, so I guess she was referring to herself and next thing you know they're hitting the sheets.

• Love 1

I didn't understand that either.  I don't get why all the sudden Rafe turned on Jordan -one minute he's crazy about her, the next he's all GET AWAY BITCH!.  Maybe he finally got annoyed with her scrunchy, concerned face.  

(edited)

It’s just more of the idiot writers, and their shocking twists that go nowhere.  I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again, dragging Kate into the SL will not make Rafe/Jordan interesting.

Sami and EJ are in the opposite group.  They were a couple who could have been interesting and entertaining all on their own, and the writers constantly threw in unneeded angst and drama to the point that they killed any interest I might have ever had in them as a couple.  Now I just want EJ to die, and for Sami to get all his money.

The last time I checked Sami saved Rafe from Fake Rafe, Silvio, and Bernardi.  So Rafe wasn’t the one always doing the rescuing.  Get over yourself, Rafe.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 2
(edited)

The new motto in Salem apparently is When the Going Gets Tough, the Men Cheat!

When it all blows up in their faces, I wonder if Rafe and EJ will go out for a beer together. Probably not though.

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 4

Not that it's an excuse, but they've gone out of their way to show Rafe looking at the bottom of his beer glass the last 2x we've seen him.  So he's drunk. 

Agreed, very stupid move on Kate's part unless she has no concern for the health and wellbeing  of his Little Rafe.  I think she's just doing it to get rid of Jordan because it seems like she gave up being in "love" with Rafe a long time ago. And Kate probably thinks she can control Stephano because he's apparently interested in her again.

As much as I wish Sami was intentionally setting up Abby and working with Kate, I don't see it.  She's certainly unintentionally setting up Abby but Sami is far too impatient not to confront Abs immediately, if she knew.

The only thing that give me pause is the last time Kate and Sami argued (in front of Jordan) it seemed unusually fake as if it was for show. 

• Love 1

I prefer EJ over Abigail, but why doesn't Abigail tell EJ to just go suck it? Abigail doesn't HAVE to be the maid of honor. Is she worried EJ will murder her if she doesn't appear in Sami's wedding?

And Kate probably thinks she can control Stephano because he's apparently interested in her again.

Except she seems to be courting Stef again, and last time she cheated on him (w/that creepy Ian) Stef gave her her walking papers.

(edited)

I think the first time Kate and Rafe hooked up, they were drunk, and Rafe was upset about Sami.

If Sami isn’t setting EJ up for a fall, and isn’t working with Kate, then the writers have once again completely effed this up.  What was the point of this SL?  EJ didn’t end up with a fatal attraction to deal with.  Sami didn’t walk in at an inappropriate moment, and discover the cheating.  There has been no payoff for this SL at all.  So far, all Corday and the writers have accomplished, is annoying the fans who like Sami/EJ as a couple, and irritating the fans who wanted to see a spectacular implosion.

Brady, John, and EJ are competing for the village idiot title at this point.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 4

I thought the point to the SL was to push KM in our face as the next new leading lady.  It bombed spectacularly, as others have said.  I also think it's the beginning of the exit SL for Sami.  When AS quit I'm not sure they knew JS was going to leave too, so the two of them have to separate.  I think there will be a payoff when the truth comes out.  Albeit not as good as throwing Abby over the stair rail.

I agree completely about missed chances with the writing.  I might have mentioned before, another huge problem with this show is that because they film so far ahead, audience input is meaningless.

• Love 3
(edited)

The show used to drag out the Sami/Austin/Carrie storylines, but at the end of it there did seem to be something epic that was about to go down -- usually Sami getting humiliated or punched right after the reveal.

I'm not sure what they're trying to do with Sami/EJ/Abigail. 

Edited by bantering
(edited)

Corday and the writers knew over a year and a half ago that both AS and JS were leaving.

If they had such advance notice, why crap on EJami just to prop a nothing character like Abby?  KM is not that great and will probably not renew her contract.

I'm starting to believe that rumour that Corday doesn't like EJ.

I'm no fan of EJ, but I dislike Abby more.  Sami has become annoying over the last eight years after she became tolerable, but why have Sami be dumbed down to prop a no name brand?

They should have just let Egagme implode because of Eric and Kritter and called it a day after letting the chips fall.  The fan in me who enjoyed Sami in the past is annoyed that Sami is joining a long line of vets who get crapped on to prop newbies.

Jack is going to get crapped on even more and John is suddenly an absentee father.

Abby has spent more screentime with EJ this year than Sami has.  What story are they telling if they want a HEA for EJami?

On a shallow note,I'm sick of Abby/KM's bug eyes and flared nostrils.  I also wish she'd close her mouth. I'm just dreading this week and next cos you just know KM is going to be clogging up SOD with her nonsensical opinions.

Edited by 271queenie
  • Love 1

Corday and the writers knew over a year and a half ago that both AS and JS were leaving.

I read that AS scheduled a meeting with Corday to let him know, I guess I assumed that happened last fall. But I thought JS's decision was rather sudden.  I don't think we heard about his departure until his last day of filming.  Of course, that doesn't mean he didn't put in notice earlier, but if you have any details on it I would be interested because I really don't follow all the news.

I heard JS's contract ended, but I don't know how early renegotiation started.

(edited)

Ben has better chemistry with Sonny and there's no need to bring Chad back. Get rid of the DiMeras and get some new villains.

Also, Paige annoys me and she's got a weird face and KDP is looking haggard as Eve.  No way CS can pass as her father.

They need to get rid of Jordan if the story isn't gonna move and they can get rid of Rafe as well since he seems to be at a loose end.  They did the same to BD when GG first came on.

JS told TPTB at his last contract neg that he wasn't likely going to renew after this one year (April/May 2013), but he made it official in October 2013.  AS told the story in the SOD article about 'James Scott OUT!'.  She said they told each other that they had decided to leave on the same day in October, although they told TPTB separately.

They kept the news hush hush because they wanted to milk AS's final year on the show and not spoil any endings.

Edited by 271queenie
  • Love 1
but he made it official in October 2013.

So that would have been about the same time or right after they filmed all the EJabby sex....hmmm. Guess JS saw his daytime future with KM and didn't like it any better than most of the viewers. 

• Love 2

I would assume AS tried to work with the writers so they would have enough time to give her a decent ending...or as decent as these people are capable of. I don't know about JS. If he realized Sami and EJ weren't endgame maybe he just decided he didn't care what happened to EJ. Either way, they had more than enough time to plan Sami's exit and what were seeing now was probably filmed a couple of months after AS told them she was leaving. There's no excuse for this stupid affair to still be dragging on like this.

I thought the wedding was supposed to be this month? Why is Sami just now asking Abby to be her wedding planner? Did they change the date so the writers could drag this out even longer?

• Love 1

So that would have been about the same time or right after they filmed all the EJabby sex....hmmm. Guess JS saw his daytime future with KM and didn't like it any better than most of the viewers. 

To be fair, he did come pretty close to leaving in 2011.  Had actually announced he was leaving and all.  But that was during EJaylor so more of the same I guess.

JS had been unhappy with the writing for EJ for a while.  The writers don't seem to have a good grasp of who EJ is.  EJabby having sex while EJ was with Sami was probably the final straw for JS because EJ's obsession with Sami was pretty consistent.  I can only guess that that along with being paired with KM,  made his decision easier.  I suspect EJ being paired with an experienced goody goody was a red flag/concern as I can't imagine EJabby being 'adult' like EJami.  From old interviews, I think JS enjoyed the twisted EJami dynamic to a point.  My opinion is that JS only started enjoying this storyline after he announced he was leaving and it was guaranteed that there would be no baby and that EJabby wouldn't have sex again and that EJ was purely concerned for Sami and his family.  KM said in an interview on DR that they just dropped the pregnancy storyline.  I believe that there was supposed to be a baby, but JS said he was leaving so they skipped it.  I got the feeling that KM was disappointed that it was dropped, but I'm not sure if it's because of bad writing or because JS was intended to be her leading man.

• Love 2

That whole scene of Sami pleading with Abby to be the wedding planner was so contrived. If Sami doesn't know and that wasn't part of her plan then the writing on this show is going down hill faster than I thought. Not even going to touch on how ridiculous it was that they wouldn't hire a professional one or that Abby would know what the hell she was even doing, especially on such short notice.  I mean seriously, Abby is Jen's PR assistant at the hospital--how does that possibly make her qualified to be a wedding planner as Sami tried to convince her?  Now Sami has had enough wedding that I might get someone trying to enlist her help with wedding details but Abby can't even coordinate her own birth control. 

• Love 2