Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

Tom Horton died before Lucas discovered he was a Horton. Lucas never met him. Why is Lucas talking to Tom's memory like Tom has any idea who he is?

So help me for knowing this, but: Lucas was revealed as Bill’s son in April 1994, almost exactly a year after Lucas first arrived in Salem. Tom died in June 1994. Lucas was at his funeral and had an awkward moment with Mike. Mike had also found out as a young adult that Bill was his father, and made soothing noises to Lucas like “I’m glad you’re here and I think Bill is too.”

Because MacDonald Carey predeceased his character by about six months, it’s true that Tom and Lucas didn’t share scenes after Lucas’ paternity reveal. But they absolutely shared scenes before the paternity reveal, because the show spent the whole year from April 1993 to April 1994 building up to it. Lucas would run into Tom and Alice at a party, and Tom/Alice would discuss how familiar he looked. Tom knew he’d seen Kate during her pregnancy with Lucas but wouldn’t have done that except as a personal favor (he conveniently forgot that it was Bill who requested the favor). Sami lived next door to Tom/Alice, and Lucas was always running around with her, so paths crossed.

It was nothing like the relationship Lucas eventually developed with Alice, but Tom knew who Lucas was. 

Edited by Panopticon
  • Useful 3
  • Love 8
26 minutes ago, mariah23 said:

Okay hear me out.  This may be a way for Lucas to redeem himself to his family.

Well, technically, it WAS the devil who planted the idea of kidnapping her. It was just Lucas' thoughts to actually do it, so he can put some of the blame on the demon. But, they better be sure it has been finally banished or Lucas' lies will come out.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

Well, technically, it WAS the devil who planted the idea of kidnapping her. It was just Lucas' thoughts to actually do it, so he can put some of the blame on the demon. But, they better be sure it has been finally banished or Lucas' lies will come out.

I actually meant when they try to exorcise Johnny, Lucas could pull an Exorcist and beg for the devil to take him to save Johnny's life.  But not ending with Lucas jumping out the window.

• LOL 5

I am now quite sure that this devil will hang around for quite some time, switching bodies and souls and we will definitely see a scene with the Cin baby with yellow eyes, a la Rosemary's Baby.

ETA - I just saw this was posted twice. So sorry. Can I say The Devil Made Me Do it?

Edited by Retired at last
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Even though the NYE celebrations were pretty lackluster, the ending was good.  I did wonder what was up with Johnny, when he kept saying he wasn't feeling well, so it wasn't a total; surprise.  Really fits, though, since he was the one who wanted to make the movie.  Now he can have a real life starring role.

• Love 9

Perfect ending!

1 hour ago, Retired at last said:

I am now quite sure that this devil will hang around for quite some time, switching bodies and souls and we will definitely see a scene with the Cin baby with yellow eyes, a la Rosemary's Baby.

Love this! Ron better give me my wish of seeing multiple character possessed or conjured by the devil!

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
On 12/30/2021 at 10:09 PM, Artsda said:

Victor knows he's fine and framed Brady. Kate told him. 

Makes sense he wouldn't see Victor since Phillip took away Brady's sobriety and everything else he did. 

Again, Philip physically took away  not-working- his program Brady’s sobriety, and I don’t see were  victor would even care about that one. If we want to go there with everything else Philip did to Brady, how about everything Brady has done in the past, his abusive marriage to someone Victor clearly cannot stand. Harsh as it is, Victor is correct when it comes to Chloe . If not for her flip flopping between his son and grandson, Brady and Philip may have had a better relationship. And Brady is just as deviously  conniving and jealous as Philip. He just hides it better.

Show should have had a goodbye with Victor and his son, because it would have been nice for JKJ and JA. Who knows if they’ll ever get to be on screen together again!! 😥

Edited by Chellfairy
None
  • Love 3
51 minutes ago, Chellfairy said:

Show should have had a goodbye with Victor and his son, because it would have been nice for JKJ and JA. Who knows if they’ll ever get to be on screen together again!! 😥

They might have written it in but maybe JA's filming schedule made that impossible. I wonder instead of Kate going to see Victor about what Philip did if it would have been Victor and Philip sharing their last scene together.

• Love 3

So Sami and Gabi are having girl chat? That was unexpected to have Sami crying on Gabi's shoulder about EJ arranging for her to be kidnapped.

Go ahead, Jake, barge right on it at Ben and Ciara's room (your former home). And here comes Marlena's apology tour - first Tripp, and then Ben and Ciara. People were too forgiving too fast. No proof that the Devil is actually even gone or just hopped in to someone else. Or Marlena is just pretending to be exorcised and back to her old life.

Johnny, why can't you put on a t shirt or pajama top. Yeah, you and Chanel are married, but you don't have to be shirtless. And you're not feeling well.

I did like Chanel's dress and I did also like Allie's dress.

Poor Johnny looking in to his mirror in his red suit and seeing the glowy eyes. He's back....

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Frozendiva said:

So Sami and Gabi are having girl chat? That was unexpected to have Sami crying on Gabi's shoulder about EJ arranging for her to be kidnapped.

Before she was kidnapped by Lucas last time, Sami and Gabi had another chat where she confided that she had cheated on EJ with Lucas. They were really nice scenes together.

• Love 6

What the Hell!?!  I really was hoping we'd gotten rid of the Devil that easily.  Now I'll have to type out "JohnnyDevil" when it was so much easier to type out "MarDevil".  JoDevil?

It was funny to me when John told Marlena she wasn't allowed to drink champagne.  Like, who made the Post-Exorcism Protocol?  

I was really hoping we'd get a Snarky NYE's celebration with Ava making veiled comments at Rafe and Nicole, rather than the snoozefest that was Ciara/Ben, Johnny/Chanel and Tripp/Allie.  

Alison Sweeney's crying was pretty bad but it was nice to see Camila Banus drop the Annoying Energizer Bunny Caricature she plays nowadays and do Gabi as an actual human being for a few scenes.  

Edited by enchantingmonkey
  • Love 13

So call me weird, but if I had a guest visit I'd not just hang out in bed canoodling with my baby daddy whilst carrying on the conversation.  It was kinda awkward and rude, even if the guest was Jake.

Also, I love how they just casually talked about Marlena being possessed by the devil like it was some everyday happening, like Marlena having shingles or something.  It's just bizarre how people are treating it. 

Anyway, Happy New Year everyone!  I'm wishing you all the best for 2022! :-)

• Love 19
31 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

I love how they just casually talked about Marlena being possessed by the devil like it was some everyday happening, like Marlena having shingles

It is sad. Marlena should be ashamed to leave the house. Deidre must be really checked out because there was nothing different about how she played Marlena today. She put Tripp in a COMA but tada! waltzes back into the hospital like it's business as usual. I really think Deidre is indifferent. That's how its coming across.

2 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

I was really hoping we'd get a Snarky NYE's celebration with Ava making veiled comments at Rafe and Nicole, rather than the snoozefest that was Ciara/Ben, Johnny/Chanel and Tripp/Allie.

You know, I was fine with what we got. This Ava plot is terrible and weak...no police commissioner would house a mobster so casually...Nicole's friendship with her is forced...so yeah, I was glad not to see them today.

And Johnny and Chanel were so believably sweet...unlike Cin, who are smug and gross.

Good on Allie for apologizing.

it was nice to see Camila Banus drop the Annoying Energizer Bunny Caricature she plays nowadays and do Gabi as an actual human being for a few scenes.  

It was awesome...but random. Where has this Gabi been? I've missed her!

And Ron, stop retconning/twisting the narrative. Gabi has had fantastic taste in men - Will, JJ, Chad and Eli were all great guys and none of them cheated on her. So...what are you talking about???

That Sami/Lucas kiss would have been perfect if he wasn't being thrown under the bus for EJ.

Didn't expect the Johnny twist, but really, who cares? This Devil is an idiot. He does nothing. I'm over it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Now I'll have to type out "JohnnyDevil" when it was so much easier to type out "MarDevil".  JoDevil?

How about GiDevil (Gi for Giovanni, which is what his wife calls him).

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Johnny, why can't you put on a t shirt or pajama top. Yeah, you and Chanel are married, but you don't have to be shirtless. And you're not feeling well.

I mean, maybe he was ferverish and hot lol. I don't really see the problem with someone laying in bed in their own bedroom with their shirt off.

9 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

What the Hell!?!  I really was hoping we'd gotten rid of the Devil that easily.  Now I'll have to type out "JohnnyDevil" when it was so much easier to type out "MarDevil".  JoDevil?

I will definitely be using JoDevil.

There's just so much potentially awesome stuff going on still, I'm so excited!

• Love 5

Ciara and Ben watch Peacock.

I didn't know Carson Daly hosted the NBC New Year's Special. I guess that promotion was pretty effective.

Marlena didn't share a scene with any of her kids after her possession. I thought we'll at least get a Marlena/Eric scene immediately after.

I like Johnny's red suit.

Chanel seems needy.

That was a really depressing New Year's Eve.

Happy 2022 everyone.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

And Ron, stop retconning/twisting the narrative. Gabi has had fantastic taste in men - Will, JJ, Chad and Eli were all great guys and none of them cheated on her. So...what are you talking about???

Will didn't cheat on her but he was lying to her about why he didn't want to sleep with her because he couldn't admit to himself and her that he was gay.

JJ cheated on her with Lani (or he got drunk because he couldn't find his sister who faked her death and Lani slept with someone who was out of his head drunk).

Chad slept with her but wanted Abby.

Eli cheated on her with Lani because Lani saw Gabi after she stopped JJ from killing himself and she went to Eli and told him that Gabi cheated on him.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

8 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Nick tried to kill her (Gabi). So she has not always had good luck with men. Actually, Stefan also treated her badly - until he didn't.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

He actually didn't this year lol.

I guess that's what happens when the show is filming 6 (?) months in advance.

I was just shocked that Carson Daly still works. 

• Love 2

Carson works a lot.  He is on the today show and the voice.   I always liked him but thought he was a wooden host.  One day watching   today show with mom Carson was all touching feeling  with a chef guest.   I said mom what’s going on with him I never saw him act like that.  Mom informed me that was Carson’s wife lol.  
     I didn’t trust Marlene and I don’t think Ciara or Tripp really did either.  John and Ben are the ones who just seemed to except she was back.  
     Not sure what’s happening to me but I enjoyed Ciara, Ben and Jake today.   It was just light fun which the show kind of needs right now. 
     Being a Lumi fan forever I wanted to be happy when they kissed New Years but

She was just crying about EJ being the love of her life and she misses him.  Why can’t she be alone for a minute?

Johnny and channel don’t seem to have much in common but they are very sweet.  
 Count me in as someone who would be Happy with a devil free Salem   
not really understanding how this works    Why Marlene, Doug and Johnny ?   What left them open to being possessed?

Sorry this is so long.  If you read it all you are my hero.    

• Love 6

Allie tried to really tell Lucas she cares about Johnny too, him not being hurt. Oh please. All her words and actions hasn't been for care for him. 

Let's see if she remembers the sadistic and never forgiving comments about kidnapping Sami when she finds out the truth. Suddenly she'll forgive and defend fast. 

Sami looks stupid and she calls Nicole a slut. Jumping to Lucas an hour later is pathetic. 

Gabi and Jake getting what they want with EJ out is just as bad as Lucas gloating he cost him his job. Those 2 can't run anything much less Titan and Dimera and they should not win.

Lucas got Sami on a platter like he wanted. I hope EJ leaves her with him when truth is out. No taking her back, he has better Chem with others like Ava. 

Nice Peacock plug. I don't think I've heard a character mention streaming before. 

Marlena apology tour couldn't wait? More people should be wary of her. Tripp was too easy going.

Who walks into people's bedrooms while they're in bed. If Allie wanted to speak to Johnny she should wait in the foyer or living room and let Harold call them down. 

Johnny dressing like devil was great! Hopefully uncle Eric didn't go far. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I mean, maybe he was ferverish and hot lol. I don't really see the problem with someone laying in bed in their own bedroom with their shirt off.

I will definitely be using JoDevil.

There's just so much potentially awesome stuff going on still, I'm so excited!

I have been sick and grumpy all week.

I think I will use J-Devil.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

He actually didn't this year lol.

I didn’t think he did so that “promo” confused me. 

1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

I like JDevil, too. 

• Love 3

I really wish Sammy would stay single for a while, especially after she’s supposed to have spent the last X year taking care of EJ and not having time for herself. She is portrayed as a strong woman so moving from EJ to Lucas and back again like a pinball does nothing for me.

I enjoyed her chat with Gabby though and wish we saw more friendships develop amongst the characters (ex. Paulina and Kate).

• Love 6
22 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

For fuck's sake, this Devil bullshit should just end. It sucked in 1995 and is excruciating now.

Yeah pretty much. At least back then it was novel.

23 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

Show should have had a goodbye with Victor and his son, because it would have been nice for JKJ and JA. Who knows if they’ll ever get to be on screen together again!!

EXACTLY. Damn. Come on, Show!

1 hour ago, Desperado said:

I really wish Sammy would stay single for a while, especially after she’s supposed to have spent the last X year taking care of EJ and not having time for herself. She is portrayed as a strong woman so moving from EJ to Lucas and back again like a pinball does nothing for me.

Agreed. But ReRon wanted to repeat this Theo Ciara story beat of him taking her away from her soulmate so...here we are.

I do realize that Nick was a bad boyfriend, Will lied about his sexuality and technically Eli cheated on her (because he was misinformed), but overall she's had good guys in her life. The best Salem has to offer anyway. JJ was raped by Lani/taken advantage of, BTW, so he doesn't count as a dud. He wuved her.

Honestly, I've enjoyed all of Gabi's pairings post-Nick and pre-Stefan.

• Love 3

When Johnny was lying in bed with cold symptoms I kept wondering if Covid was finally going to come to Salem.  Who knew it was also symptoms of possession. I wonder if there's a rapid test for that. If not, maybe someone should get Dr. Rolf to make one. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3
On 12/29/2021 at 10:34 PM, Frozendiva said:

What was Jennifer Horton wearing? Shouldn't the bralette or mini tank top go under the dress? Not wear it like a vest? Abs' wasn't much better. Both Nicole and Sami looked good.

Right??! Peeps were shaming the pants she wore the other day, but WHat in the friggen  heck was that frock??? Looked like little house on the prairie with a tank top over it , just to bring it into this era. 🤔 Absolutely horrendous! 😱

I think Sami’s outfit was awesome. Very classy. So fun because she’s so classless! 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

J-devil is best, regardless of being sick or grumpy.

I hope you feel better soon. 💕 As far as being grumpy, I can relate..

.Aside from other issues, Watching the show may have a tad bit to do with the grump 😉🤔

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

J-devil is best, regardless of being sick or grumpy.

I hope you feel better soon. 💕 As far as being grumpy, I can relate.Aside from other issues, Watching the show may have a tad bit to do with the grump😏🤔😀

Moved to non Days Discussion Thread.

Edited by Frozendiva
outside show chat
33 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

I think I caught the virus after almost 2 years. Had a sinus type headache that I blamed on  shoveling snow in the cold and wind (-20-30C). Three days later I had leg pain and a bad cough, along with what I felt was sniffles and sneezing. Have spent the past week or so isolating. No rapid tests available, my symptoms were too mild to get a PCR test, so I have been stuck at home. I ordered groceries for delivery and one item was out of stock, so I called my cousin and asked that if they were near a grocery store to buy a few bananas for me. Today was the first day I went anywhere in 9 plus days. New isolation period comes into effect Monday.

We sold out of home tests (had over 150) at the pharmacy I work for on The day before Christmas Eve! Still can’t get any in. FYI, and on the down low, you might want to exaggerate your symptoms to get the  PCR test.
I had covid in November and my symptoms  where the same as far as thinking it was a cold or allergies.  
Just make sure you can eat the best you can and hydrate…water water water, Gatorade an/or pedialyte , if you can. Vitamin D, C and Zinc.  I lived on soup, crackers , bananas and peanut butter 

Feel better, keep me updated please!

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I think I caught the virus after almost 2 years. Had a sinus type headache that I blamed on  shoveling snow in the cold and wind (-20-30C). Three days later I had leg pain and a bad cough, along with what I felt was sniffles and sneezing. Have spent the past week or so isolating. No rapid tests available, my symptoms were too mild to get a PCR test, so I have been stuck at home. I ordered groceries for delivery and one item was out of stock, so I called my cousin and asked that if they were near a grocery store to buy a few bananas for me. Today was the first day I went anywhere in 9 plus days. New isolation period comes into effect Monday.

Are you in Ontario? We are dropping to 5 days tomorrow. It's a free for all here. Fortunately I have access to rapid tests at work. I hope you recover fully. At least this (final??) variant is mild.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Are you in Ontario? We are dropping to 5 days tomorrow. It's a free for all here. Fortunately I have access to rapid tests at work. I hope you recover fully. At least this (final??) variant is mild.

I will move this to the non Days thread. Apologies to the mods for the non show post.

2 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I feel like this deserves an "Amen!"  

Preach it & sing it to the choir!!
                       🎶🎤🎶

This deserves plentiful AMENS’!!! 🤦🏼‍♀️
               🙌🙏🙏🙏🙌

• Love 5
On 12/31/2021 at 1:02 PM, nilyank said:

Great job Uncle Eric.

Johnny has been possessed by the Devil.

Hang on now! John called Eric to help get the Devil out of Marlena, right? And she's possession free so he got that job done ;) Where the Devil went after that ain't on Eric, LOL.

I was wrong about who would get possessed but I ain't mad!  Johnny as the new vessel makes sense as someone pointed out that MarDevil wanted Ben and Ciara's baby since it had light and dark for it to corrupt and use for its purpose. Johnny is a combination of Stefano (dark) and Marlena (light) so he's getting what he wants for a while riding along with Johnny.  Sad thing is that a lot of his behavior will be looked at his DiMera-ness and general spoiled young adult coming out so it may take longer for someone to catch on.  And poor Chanel as she's about to be put through the ringer. While JoDevil was saying he was sick and didn't want to give her his 'germs' Chanel noted that she probably already caught whatever he had after 'what they did earlier' so it seems like JoDevil did make out and possibly have sex with Chanel which is pretty icky. Wonder if she'll end up pregnant with JoDevil's spawn?

As much as I loved EJole 1.0 and enjoy EJ 2.0 and Nicole, Nicole should've known better than to get involved with EJ even with 'eyes wide open'. As she predicted, he and Sami reunited. At least EJ looked a bit abashed and shamed in his not having told her sooner. And I'm glad Nicole was over them both as she left - except I'm not keen on her and Rafe and Brady is a no go since he will always have Kristin as a crazy albatross around his neck with Chloe second in line. They really should've had Nicole surprise everyone and move to Africa with Eric back when they got married to give them a happily ever after. If she came back after a year of not being able to hack it, at least she had tried

• Love 14
On 12/31/2021 at 2:09 PM, Peanut6711 said:

The bottoms of Ciara's white socks were filthy!  

Lmao..what do you expect? Ciara  is a filthy-trashy kinda gal! it’s not the socks that shock me. I can deal with filthy socks when it comes to her. 
 🤔Wonder where/how CIN is doing their laundry🤔 

Ciara’s makeup/hair & nails are always done. 🤦🏼‍♀️

• LOL 3
2 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

They really should've had Nicole surprise everyone and move to Africa with Eric back when they got married to give them a happily ever after. If she came back after a year of not being able to hack it, at least she had tried

Ugh, noooo! I don’t want Nicole to leave. If she and Eric are going to give it a go, he needs to stay in Salem to work it out. He needs to do better with that, Then, it works out, maybe they can make a trip to Africa. 
If not, then I like EJ and Nicoles’s chemistry. They both know they’re no angels, have regrets about stuff they’ve done, unlike Sami, who blames everyone.

Nicole/Rafe…ewww. SO BORINGGGG!!

Rafe and Chloe = good match. Ava can deal with them😬😳😉

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Chellfairy said:

Ugh, noooo! I don’t want Nicole to leave.

It would be no loss to me if she left. She is aimless with no family or story on the show. They gave her and Allie this fake relationship to stir up the conflict with Sami but they no longer interact despite living in the same apartment. She shares scenes with Abe maybe once every season and has no relationships with any of his family. The Bradys and Black family stopped  having scenes with her the moment since Belle gave her Eric’s divorce papers. She still has some scenes with Brady and Chloe but that is only because they all presumably are working together at Basic Black.

When GV left, they used her for their charity case by having her fall for Rafe and her contrived friendship with Ava.

She could easily be lifted from Salem and very few people will miss her. 

• Love 5

Was very surprised Kate told Roman about Phillip.   
I will wonder why Eric was the only one who Marlena did not memories of.  Maybe it’s not the real Eric and that’s why the devil did not leave ?

Sami protests to much about EJ.

Why couldn’t Lumi reunite without ruining the character of Lucas?  Can’t I ever get what I want. 

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Maybe it’s not the real Eric and that’s why the devil did not leave ?

That could tie in with my sister's hope that another demon would come to town and have a conflict with the devil; maybe Eric is another demon who came to sabotage the efforts to rid Salem of the devil.

lol I'm into it. Just go full fantasy with the show, Ron!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1