Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, RunningMarket said:

Yes. Shawn found John passed out on the floor at Doug and Julie's house, so it was revealed that it was MarDevil playing John. 

But that was before John was banging on CIN's door.

4 minutes ago, RedElf said:

But that was before John was banging on CIN's door.

'John' (actually MarDevil) was banging on the door first and then they revealed the actual John on the floor passed out and then went back to MarDevil as John banding on the door and then morphing into MarDevil.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

'John' (actually MarDevil) was banging on the door first and then they revealed the actual John on the floor passed out and then went back to MarDevil as John banding on the door and then morphing into MarDevil.

ah.  I didn't catch any of that.  Thanks.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, tribeca said:

So Shawn did not have anyone looking for Marlena due to his wife thus put his sister in danger. 

I'd like to think that Shawn is secretly as annoyed with his sister as the viewers are, but it's probably more likely that Shawn just isn't that sharp. He does work for the Salem PD after all. 

51 minutes ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

I don’t get Philip. Why doesn’t he flat out ask Chloe is she’s cheating with Brady? Instead he flies off into jealous rages and plots revenge. You would think he would dump her if he couldn’t trust her that much.

Agree. But then I really don't think Chloe is the prize that Phillip and Brady both think she is.  Not even gonna touch on the fact that the woman hasn't lived with her own child (by her choice) in almost a year now.  I keep expecting Parker to show up in town one day, SORASed and with major mommy issues.  At this point I'm pretty sure Lani saw her own mother/Auntie P without knowing it was her mother more often than Parker sees his. 

• Love 12

Now that the majority of Salem's on-screen citizenry know that Marlena is possessed, why doesn't someone get a group chat going and spread the word.  "Marlena is possessed.  Watch out!" would save everyone a lot of trouble.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

I don’t get Philip. Why doesn’t he flat out ask Chloe is she’s cheating with Brady? Instead he flies off into jealous rages and plots revenge. You would think he would dump her if he couldn’t trust her that much.

Why doesn't she dump him?  If someone didn't trust me, they'd be out the door; ain't got time for that.

49 minutes ago, Phebemarie said:

Now that the majority of Salem's on-screen citizenry know that Marlena is possessed, why doesn't someone get a group chat going and spread the word.  "Marlena is possessed.  Watch out!" would save everyone a lot of trouble.  

That would require someone to use the collective Salem Brain again, and it's recharging after Steve and Julie overused it recently.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

Why can't some of the Salemites send a text message to anyone they know regarding Marlena being possessed? Put it in the Salem Intruder, wherever. 

I too was confused at John banging on the door and then in hospital.

Mardevil is a crafty one and Ben and Ciara are too stupid to figure out that John is not an abusive type. No one remembered the aneurysm til today. Why is she spending so much time with them? Ben may have a guilt complex for her helping him but this is waaaay too much Doc.

Why is Chloe so attractive to both Philip and Chloe? They all broke up many times for a reason. Move on. Ask if she wants Brady and if she does, let her have him. 

• Love 4
14 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

I realize that it is very out of character for John to suddenly be abusive, and we as viewers know that this is false. But Ciara refusing to believe it? This is a huge problem in society where victims aren't believed (and why so many of them are hesitant to come forward). We don't need this in the show. I'm surprised even the devil themselves would want to deal with Ciara's smug, self-righteous nonsense, no matter what kind of vested interest.

Do you think the aneurysm was planned with this in mind? Because that story line was dropped like a hot potato after the Who Killed Charlie Whodunnit. 

But John was not abusive & Marlena is lying. This just shows it isn’t that simple. People lie & in this case Ciara is right to question it.  You don’t think that there are  men (and Women for that matter)  who have been falsely accused in this age of me too and no one believes them because we are automatically supposed to believe the accuser/victim? 

• Love 3

"Marlena has been possessed by the devil...again."

"Oh...no."

To be fair, I've never once been in a situation where someone I've known for decades has been possessed by the devil...twice. (I've lived a very sheltered life). But I still expect a hell of a lot more emotion than Maggie delivered in that scene.

Why did Shawn call his grandparents "Julie and Doug" when speaking to Belle? I mean his parental grandparents are no longer with us, so it's not even like Belle would need the clarification of which grandparents he's with.

Is it odd that I'm about to say that the possessed by the devil storyline has completely driven off the rails. I mean I understand suspending disbelief, but this storyline is just cumbersome and odd.

• Love 10
18 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

Mardevil sure knew how to hook 'dumb but loyal' Ben. She almost caught a snag though with 'it's all about me' Ciara. 

But, for once, Ciara was actually using the Salem Brain.  Marlena asking THEM to run away made no sense whatsoever.  She is a psychiatrist - who presumably has access to resources.  Asking Ben to HELP her get help would have made sense (i.e. she needed protection while using the system).  What are they supposed to do while out of town?  How does that help her in the long run?  Unless she has decided to permanently relocate and she wanted Ben to help her move (therefore being the only person who knew where to find her) leaving town is beyond stupid.  Guess that's why Ben fell for it.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

I'd like to think that Shawn is secretly as annoyed with his sister as the viewers are, but it's probably more likely that Shawn just isn't that sharp. He does work for the Salem PD after all. 

Agree. But then I really don't think Chloe is the prize that Phillip and Brady both think she is.  Not even gonna touch on the fact that the woman hasn't lived with her own child (by her choice) in almost a year now.  I keep expecting Parker to show up in town one day, SORASed and with major mommy issues.  At this point I'm pretty sure Lani saw her own mother/Auntie P without knowing it was her mother more often than Parker sees his. 

This.  They STILL haven't come up with a good reason why she is there and Parker isn't.  Not to mention her whole, "I'm going to do a bunch of crap that NO ONE in their right mind would find acceptable (i.e. insist on sleeping with another man) and gaslight YOU into thinking that you're the jealous, controlling asshole when you rightfully call me on my shit."

• Love 7

I don’t understand why Chloe is dating Philip at all when she obviously prefers Brady. Philip is Chloe’s date to the Ericole anniversary party; Chloe ignores him in favor of Brady. Philip is Chloe’s boyfriend; she gets in bed with Brady anyway.

There’s nothing stopping her from being with Brady! So why on earth didn’t she let Philip go months ago? She’s no longer a sixteen-year-old in the throes of first love. She’s not married to Philip and wanting to honor that vow in spite of her preferences. Brady’s not married to anyone. Philip isn’t in some kind of crisis (dying parent, etc.) that could guilt Chloe into staying with him for the moment. 

So…. WTF? This triangle makes all three of them look like morons. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

But, for once, Ciara was actually using the Salem Brain.  Marlena asking THEM to run away made no sense whatsoever.  She is a psychiatrist - who presumably has access to resources.  Asking Ben to HELP her get help would have made sense (i.e. she needed protection while using the system).  What are they supposed to do while out of town?  How does that help her in the long run?  Unless she has decided to permanently relocate and she wanted Ben to help her move (therefore being the only person who knew where to find her) leaving town is beyond stupid.  Guess that's why Ben fell for it.

She did come off the smarter of the two in that scene and yet, when she rolled off with, "But I finally have a job, and I, I, I," I still wanted to smack her. 

2 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

This.  They STILL haven't come up with a good reason why she is there and Parker isn't.  Not to mention her whole, "I'm going to do a bunch of crap that NO ONE in their right mind would find acceptable (i.e. insist on sleeping with another man) and gaslight YOU into thinking that you're the jealous, controlling asshole when you rightfully call me on my shit."

100%!  You nailed it! 

I can't stand how Chloe tries to act all sweet and innocent and treats Phillip as the irrational one all while refusing to put boundaries between her and Brady for the sake of making their relationship work.  It would be one thing if it really was all in Phillip's head and there were no feelings left between her and Brady, but they all know there is.    

1 hour ago, Panopticon said:

I don’t understand why Chloe is dating Philip at all when she obviously prefers Brady. Philip is Chloe’s date to the Ericole anniversary party; Chloe ignores him in favor of Brady. Philip is Chloe’s boyfriend; she gets in bed with Brady anyway. There’s nothing stopping her from being with Brady! So why on earth didn’t she let Philip go months ago? She’s no longer a sixteen-year-old in the throes of first love. She’s not married to Philip and wanting to honor that vow in spite of her preferences. Brady’s not married to anyone. Philip isn’t in some kind of crisis (dying parent, etc.) that could guilt Chloe into staying with him for the moment. 
So…. WTF? This triangle makes all three of them look like morons. 

The fear of psycho Kristin is what's stopping her. And probably rightfully so.   Never the less, if she's not fully invested in a relationship w/Phillip, she could just go back to NY to her son and telework for Basic Black.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

I agree that the fear of Kristen SHOULD give Chloe pause with respect to Brady, but I don’t think it DOES. Kristen will, if so inclined, eliminate someone who she thinks has Brady’s affection regardless of whether there’s a formal relationship or just a “let me ignore my boyfriend to hang all over you” relationship. 

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

She did come off the smarter of the two in that scene and yet, when she rolled off with, "But I finally have a job, and I, I, I," I still wanted to smack her. 

Yes, I guess it would have been better if she had said something along the lines of "So you're afraid of your abusive husband, and think your best option for protection is a pregnant woman?  If BEN wants to help you, that's his decision, but I would really only be a hindrance, so I'll stay here."  (I didn't say the Salem Brain was working at full capacity - having just been used more than it has in weeks - but it was at least sort of functioning with Ciara.)

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Why is she spending so much time with them?

She's going all Rosemary's Baby on them.

2 hours ago, Panopticon said:

Philip is Chloe’s boyfriend; she gets in bed with Brady anyway.

Has she done that?

• Love 3

Why in hell does the Salem PD hold a convicted criminal who has escaped multiple times, in their interrogation room for days, with visitors, unsupervised and unshackled!  Pretty sure in the real world not only would Kristin go immediately back to the jail she escaped from, she'd also very likely get transferred to a higher security prison. 60 years ago, Alcatraz would have had a cell with Kristin's name on it waiting for her. 

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 12
39 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

When did Brady and Chloe actually sleep together? 

And when did Ciara and Ben find jobs?  Follow up, what are said jobs? I haven't seen Ciara work since she left the Titan junior exec program years ago. 

On their "business trip" to New York - the one where Brady started by telling Chloe he was going to "whisk her away."  The Titan jet broke down and rather than simply getting a car a driving 2 hours to New York they ended up in the same room (and subsequently the same bed) in some motel in Wilkes Barre, PA.  Even though nothing supposedly happened, when Philip showed up and offered to take them to New York, Chloe insisted on staying in bed with Brady.  Somehow, Philip is the bad guy for not accepting what no sane person ever would.

Ben is running the auto repair shop now and Ciara is back at Titan (I know, she hasn't actually shown up there but, in theory, she has a job there.)

• Love 6
19 hours ago, Phebemarie said:

And they could also share post-Thanksgiving leftover recipes, cat and puppy pictures and homemade Devil repellent advice.  Group chat could be very helpful with a Devil in a Blue Pantsuit infestation.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 13
1 hour ago, DaphneCat said:

On their "business trip" to New York - the one where Brady started by telling Chloe he was going to "whisk her away."  The Titan jet broke down and rather than simply getting a car a driving 2 hours to New York they ended up in the same room (and subsequently the same bed) in some motel in Wilkes Barre, PA.  Even though nothing supposedly happened, when Philip showed up and offered to take them to New York, Chloe insisted on staying in bed with Brady.  Somehow, Philip is the bad guy for not accepting what no sane person ever would.

Ben is running the auto repair shop now and Ciara is back at Titan (I know, she hasn't actually shown up there but, in theory, she has a job there.)

Thanks, I forgot about that little trip since nothing did actually happen. The writers sure do love to make the characters look (and act) stupid. 

Everyone is on Victor's payroll... I wish I was... 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, RedElf said:

Did her captors put Sami in those clothes?

Presumably. She probably had a dress on when they kidnapped her (I don't really remember but most of the women are pretty much always wearing dresses) so they gave her the 'I've been kidnapped and held in a cabin against my will for months' uniform.

I love that AS is just not wearing makeup and didn't even brush her hair let alone have it styled. It's easy to do though I guess when you're beautiful lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, boes said:

And they could also share post-Thanksgiving leftover recipes, cat and puppy pictures and homemade Devil repellent advice.  Group chat could be very helpful with a Devil in a Blue Pantsuit infestation.

All of the above and Salem should probably have a Mardevil Alert--like an Amber Alert for abducted children but for demon possession of local citizens.  Maybe even an occasional public television test to remind Salemites and their invisible children of the possibility. 

"This is a test of the Salem Emergency Broadcasting System. This is just a test.  If this had been an actual possession emergency the alert tone you just heard would have been following by your lights flashing, your windows blowing open, and demonic noises. You would also be advised to get a second opinion on your most recent psychiatric evaluation. We now return to Rosemary's Baby, already in progress." 

Edited by Peanut6711
  • LOL 20
36 minutes ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

I really, really, really like EJ and Nicole together. Stay away, Sami! Unless you reunite with Lucas….

I really liked their scenes. I think DF really made the role his own today.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Presumably. She probably had a dress on when they kidnapped her (I don't really remember but most of the women are pretty much always wearing dresses) so they gave her the 'I've been kidnapped and held in a cabin against my will for months' uniform.

I love that AS is just not wearing makeup and didn't even brush her hair let alone have it styled. It's easy to do though I guess when you're beautiful lol.

Some of us who aren't beautiful do it all the time!

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

I liked EJ being real with Nicole. Admitting he was an awful person to Sami. It takes a lot of growth to be able to admit you behaved badly and admit it to someone else.  They know they are flawed people, they know they have made mistakes, and can admit it. She's not pining over Rafe any more. Both are where they want to be and right now, are good for each other. A weird friendship and romance.

I was expecting Sami to knock the guard out with the tray.

Poor Gwen having nightmares about losing Xander. There are other men in Salem and maybe one might just fall out of the sky for you. Let him find Sarah and see where the chips fall. Maybe he will not want Sarah any more or Sarah may not want him. And you still may get him. Then she gets roped in to rescuing Kristen from jail, with Ava's help. Weird hench people.

Xander thanking Susan Banks for her help with Sarah (when she dumped him for Rex). Uh-oh.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

Is it odd that I'm about to say that the possessed by the devil storyline has completely driven off the rails. I mean I understand suspending disbelief, but this storyline is just cumbersome and odd.

This story should have been the Halloween episode and at the end of it we realize that Johnny was imagining how it would have been like if his grandmother got possessed again.  A stupid story like this should not be an umbrella story that lasts for months..

• Love 16
45 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

I liked EJ being real with Nicole. Admitting he was an awful person to Sami. It takes a lot of growth to be able to admit you behaved badly and admit it to someone else.  They know they are flawed people, they know they have made mistakes, and can admit it. She's not pining over Rafe any more. Both are where they want to be and right now, are good for each other. A weird friendship and romance.

I was expecting Sami to knock the guard out with the tray.

Poor Gwen having nightmares about losing Xander. There are other men in Salem and maybe one might just fall out of the sky for you. Let him find Sarah and see where the chips fall. Maybe he will not want Sarah any more or Sarah may not want him. And you still may get him. Then she gets roped in to rescuing Kristen from jail, with Ava's help. Weird hench people.

Xander thanking Susan Banks for her help with Sarah (when she dumped him for Rex). Uh-oh.

It's Ron, so I half expect it, but I'd despise if Gwen gets Xander/happiness after all the shit she pulled on others. Let her LOSE. Maybe then, she can grow. As it is, Sarah's exit was not of her own choice and by lies, so I think it would suck if Xander just dropped Sarah if she ever comes back (if she still believes in Xander) to reward a character who has earned none of it.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, MsTree said:

Because they're not his grandparents. Bo & Hope are his parents, and Julie is Hope's half sister.

But Doug is his grandfather, Doug being Hope's father. So, still weird. I guess saying Aunt Julie and Grandpa Doug would just be ooky, considering his aunt is married to his grandfather, hence just first names used.

3 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

But Doug is his grandfather, Doug being Hope's father. So, still weird. I guess saying Aunt Julie and Grandpa Doug would just be ooky, considering his aunt is married to his grandfather, hence just first names used.

Or, he could just say Julie and Grandpa 😉

8 minutes ago, nilyank said:

But Julie has been married to Doug to before Shawn was born and a good 4/5th of Hope's life. She should be grandma.

I hear what you're saying, but as Judge Judy would say "shoulda, woulda, coulda"....and since Hope never called Julie "mom", it would just seem odd.

2 hours ago, nilyank said:

But Julie has been married to Doug to before Shawn was born and a good 4/5th of Hope's life. She should be grandma.

If Julie were just another woman he married, sure. But Julie is indeed Hope's half-sister. And while I know Julie loved Doug first, the fact is, Doug was also married to Hope and Julie's [and brother Steve Olson's (whatever happened to him after he left under Stephen Schnetzer in '79?!)] mother, and had a child with her in Hope.

So, it's all kinda quasi-incestuous, anyway!

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

If Julie were just another women he married, sure. But Julie is indeed Hope's half-sister. And while I know Julie loved Doug first, the fact is, Doug was also married to Hope and Julie's [and brother Steve Olson's (whatever happened to him after he left under Stephen Schnetzer in '79?!)] mother, and had a child with her in Hope.

So, it's all kinda quasi-incestuous, anyway!

Their mother's name was Addie (nee Horton). Don't know what happened to Steve Olson, but Schnetzer went on to play Cass Winthrop on Another World, until it was cancelled.

15 minutes ago, MsTree said:

Their mother's name was Addie (nee Horton). Don't know what happened to Steve Olson, but Schnetzer went on to play Cass Winthrop on Another World, until it was cancelled.

Oh, I know all of that. 😎

But it all was so tangled! And Steve Olson not even being mentioned for over 40 years is sad. He is a Horton by Addie. And I'd think, after so many years a blank slate, a GOOD writer (meaning, not Ron!) would want to tackle and fill in the gaps...

• Love 2
1 minute ago, WendyCR72 said:

Oh, I know all of that. 😎

But it all was so tangled! And Steve Olson not even being mentioned for over 40 years is sad. He is a Horton by Addie. And I'd think, after so many years, a blank slate a GOOD writer (meaning, not Ron!) would want to tackle and fill in the gaps...

Totally agree! Schnetzer is still acting, so it would be great if they brought him back as Steve Olson, especially if Doug's appearance is going to be limited. Having her brother back would give Julie someone else to talk to besides Jack, since it doesn't look like Hope is returning any time soon.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

I really, really, really like EJ and Nicole together. Stay away, Sami! Unless you reunite with Lucas….

I really like them together too.  Whether the characters are supposed to have it or not, I don't know, but the actors are oozing chemistry.  

• Love 10
10 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Some of us who aren't beautiful do it all the time!

We're not on TV though lol.

Sami looking like she really has been held captive for months made me think of when Ciara was being held captive but still looking exactly like she does any other day. I guess TPTB (or VK herself) didn't want Ciara to not be all done up wearing her too-tight dresses lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

This story should have been the Halloween episode and at the end of it we realize that Johnny was imagining how it would have been like if his grandmother got possessed again.  A stupid story like this should not be an umbrella story that lasts for months..

Louder for the people in the back!!!  

This is the most bored that I have been with the show in a long time, and that's really saying something.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
13 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

It's Ron, so I half expect it, but I'd despise if Gwen gets Xander/happiness after all the shit she pulled on others. Let her LOSE. Maybe then, she can grow. As it is, Sarah's exit was not of her own choice and by lies, so I think it would suck if Xander just dropped Sarah if she ever comes back (if she still believes in Xander) to reward a character who has earned none of it.

How can you hate Gwen but love Xander? Xander has done much worse things than Gwen, and he didn’t pay.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, nilyank said:

I have an even more appropriate name for her and I can promise that it's NOT "Grandma".

13 hours ago, MsTree said:

Having her brother back would give Julie someone else to talk to besides Jack, since it doesn't look like Hope is returning any time soon.

What did Julie's poor brother ever do to anyone, anywhere, to wish such a fate upon the poor man?

There's a reason the guy has been MIA for the last 40 years and it's not Doug......

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, MsTree said:

Or, he could just say Julie and Grandpa 😉

But earlier in the same episode, he said, "grandparents." He later said, "grandma and Doug." Then finally with Belle he said, "Julie and Doug." It was just odd how in the span of one episode he's calling them several different things.

Additionally, Ciara also calls Julie "grandma," so it seems that's the relationship the show wants Ciara and Shawn to have with their Aunt/Grandma Julie.