Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Where was the rest of guests? Allie would be there with bells on. Shawn, Claire?

Kayla?  Ron C leaves her out of Brady events which is a shame.   Since Hope and Bo aren't around she really should be having scenes with Ciara.

• Love 8

I'd be there for the food, too. As long as it isn't clam chowder or anything. In July? On a hot day?

I like Nicole but she deserves someone better than Saint Eric. She had every right to ask him how long he will be staying. One day? All that jet lag for 24 hours? And then come back in a few weeks because the agencies are now helping out? I would expect him to go and he'd claim another 3 month extension. At that point, I'd be like, sorry but I expect to see my husband more than one day per year. What is the point?

Nicole's dress was pretty as was Sami's. Where was everyone else? Allie and Henry should be there. Maybe Rafe and Ava as Nicole's friends.

EJ, you are on to your wife. You should put two and three together to get four, because your wife was way too preoccupied watching the door. I hate to see Nicole and Eric implode like this and hope that Xander also exposes Sami.

Sami was smart to take the money out of the briefcase to pay Xander's bill.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

EJ, you are on to your wife. You should put two and three together to get four, because your wife was way too preoccupied watching the door.

I feel certain that EJ has known for some time that Sami has been with Lucas. 

• Love 7
(edited)
16 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:
23 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

He still lives with her parents, but the last time we got an update on Parker last week, he was in a summer camp. We also got confirmation that he is not SORASED because they specifically referenced him as a 10-year-old.

They really should make Parker 

1. Actually Philip’ son

2. SORAS that kid to be in like 19-20 something and bring him back to spice up that boring crowd.

I mean Chloe and Philip look older, especially Chloe with whatever she’s doing to her face at the plastic/derm office..and Philip ..his real life working on the farm experience. I think they both still look great though.

But most importantly..BRING BACK NANCY AMD CRAIG. They are great serious to comedic actors, which show is in desperate  need of!!

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, bannana said:

If he doesn’t..oh man some writers !!

He has to know. I seriously hope he’s just fucking around with all his Sami praise 

• Love 7
(edited)
16 hours ago, RedElf said:

The Brady and Philip dick measuring contest is boring.

They really dragged out the party to try to make it tense until Xander walked in,.

It certainly is boring. And we’ve been there/done  that more than I’d like to see again. Brady will win out over Philip, as always, cuz you know, he is such a great guy and always makes the best of decisions.

And I’m sick of Chloe. She is enjoying this high school shit way too much. (Even though Brady was older and not in high school 1st time ‘round.) Makes her look like a clueless idiot, or a devious ass. She’s still quite boring and really not worth all the work Philip will have to put in just to be dumped all all over again and again and again

And I still think Philip needs to fire Gabi’s ass super quick. Chloe should work for Kiriakis.  And..wish Xander wasn’t outing Nicole. ONLY because I’d love to have him in Nicole’s orbit, along with Brady.  Xander should flip it and out Sami instead!

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Was that some chemistry between Belle and EJ?

Yes! I was like is Belle gonna cheat on Shawn with EJ now? MM lit up in those scenes. It was actually kinda weird lol.

6 hours ago, bannana said:

I've been assuming this as well but now I don't think they're going with that. Which is unfortunate, because that'd be much more interesting.

• Love 9

Belle was happier to see E.J. than she's been to see Sami in the past several years. Their scenes were actually pretty good, and it's the first time I thought there was some hope for this E.J. That immediately went out the window when he shared scenes with literally everyone else in this episode.

Sami is truly a terrible person, and I love her for it. The smirk on her face when Xander walked through the door and announcing Nicole's tryst when Eric was in Africa was hilarious. I read some people's thoughts upthread about Sami, and I guess I have no problem with Sami not caring about Eric being collateral damage in her scheme. This is completely in character for Sami. She's always allowed her hatred for someone to overrule the love she has for the collateral damage of her schemes. I believe and know Sami loves Eric, but I've watched Sami since 1993, and she's rarely let love stop her from petty vengeance. 

I'm ready for forward movement in the Brady/Chloe/Philp triangle. One, Philip and Brady need to stop speaking for Chloe. Second, Chloe needs a point-of-view. Third, Chloe/Philip need to be given a legitimate chance. That being said, Chloe/Brady really are a beautiful and natural couple. Even seeing them in the background when other characters were the focus was a treat to the eyes.

I do love dramatic irony, and I loved Nicole telling Chloe this is the happiest she's been in her life with Sander destroying that happiness just minutes later. Nicole works better for me like this and not the schmoopy heroine the show so desperately wants to turn her into.

• Love 9
(edited)
3 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

It certainly is boring. And we’ve been there/done  that more than I’d like to see again. Brady will win out over Philip, as always, cuz you know, he is such a great guy and always makes the best of decisions.

And I’m sick of Chloe. She is enjoying this high school shit way too much. (Even though Brady was older and not in high school 1st time ‘round.) Makes her look like a clueless idiot, or a devious ass. She’s still quite boring and really not worth all the work Philip will have to put in just to be dumped all all over again and again and again

And I still think Philip needs to fire Gabi’s ass super quick. Chloe should work for Kiriakis.  And..wish Xander wasn’t outing Nicole. ONLY because I’d love to have him in Nicole’s orbit, along with Brady.  Xander should flip it and out Sami instead!

I don't think Brady/Chloe will happen and this is all a big tease. There's no way this show will ever let him escape Kristen there's a reason why they gave those two a kid. 

I think MM"s Belle has chem with every other guy but BB's Shawn. I could see her with JKJ's Phillip, DF's EJ and even BF's Chad from a few years ago. However Shelle was predestined as a couple on this show so that's never going to happen.

If Belle cheats on Shawn yet again. Shawn should completely wash his hands of her and find someone that actually deserves him.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I think MM"s Belle has chem with every other guy but BB's Shawn. I could see her with JKJ's Phillip, DF's EJ and even BF's Chad from a few years ago. However Shelle was predestined as a couple on this show so that's never going to happen.

If Belle cheats on Shawn yet again. Shawn should completely wash his hands of her and find someone that actually deserves him.

I think this is ultimately what held both characters back from being the leads they should have been. It's shocking that in the grand scheme of Days they both have been footnote characters only important because of their parents and being kidnapped by a sibling almost 3 decades ago. And this process is repeating itself with their only daughter.

I wish the show had explored both in serious relationships and was invested in seeing where they went instead of the predestined John/Marlena and Bo/Hope supercouple status that Shelle did not naturally earn at least with the BB/MM versions of the character.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, 4evaQuez said:

I think this is ultimately what held both characters back from being the leads they should have been. It's shocking that in the grand scheme of Days they both have been footnote characters only important because of their parents and being kidnapped by a sibling almost 3 decades ago. And this process is repeating itself with their only daughter.

I wish the show had explored both in serious relationships and was invested in seeing where they went instead of the predestined John/Marlena and Bo/Hope supercouple status that Shelle did not naturally earn at least with the BB/MM versions of the character.

I think that's part of it the other is that to me at least this version of Shelle doesn't have the same charisma or chemistry as the teen version of them did. I think if Jason and Kirsten were still in those roles Days (well namely Ken) would've made them leads. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I think that's part of it the other is that to me at least this version of Shelle doesn't have the same charisma or chemistry as the teen version of them did. I think if Jason and Kirsten were still in those roles Days (well namely Ken) would've made them leads. 

Hear, hear, hear!  The reason I 'shipped Belle and Shawn in the first place was when the roles were played by Jason & Kirsten. But to be fair, the current actors have now played the roles longer than JC or KS did...

• Love 3
5 hours ago, norcalgal said:

Hear, hear, hear!  The reason I 'shipped Belle and Shawn in the first place was when the roles were played by Jason & Kirsten. But to be fair, the current actors have now played the roles longer than JC or KS did...

Exactly!!! 
Fair or not, this version doesn’t work for me!

which is why I’d rather have Philip and this version of   Belle together, especially when it comes to Chloe-Phloe/Broe! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
Just now, Chellfairy said:

Exactly!!! 
Fair or not, this version doesn’t work for me!

which is why I’d rather have Philip and this version of   Belle together, especially when it comes to Chloe-Phloe/Broe! 

Brandon Beemer’s Shawn has no personality or charisma. I like this version of Belle, though. I agree she works better with JKJ’s Philip.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, norcalgal said:

Which is why as much as I enjoyed Teen Shelle I don't want Jason/Kirsten back. Especially with a grown Claire.  They should stay in the past I just don't really care if they stay together or not with the grown version. I personally think Belle outgrew Shawn years ago and is too ambitious for him. I could see MM's version with anyone else but Shawn.  Shawn well this version I'm not sure I can see him with anyone maybe Lani I thought they had some potential but the show won't go there either.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, boes said:

As lackluster as RSW is, I think Victoria Konefal is 10 times worse.  Some schmuck must have praised her once for her "spunk" or "delivery" or some such crap because she delivers every line in the same sneering overly loud, mouth curled in contempt, pretty much no matter who she's talking to while RSW acts like some psycho stalker and TIIC think Romance and Ratings.

Bringing this over from the spoiler thread because it's not really spoilery.  VK makes some bad choices that make her come off as smug.  but at least she makes that look effortless.  My issue with RSW is that he is so labored in whatever he chooses to do.

So I watched Friday--finally. 

Chemistry for me is about convincing me two people are speaking the same language.  While Belle did light up around EJ, I didn't feel like they had that subconscious connection that leaps out to me.  Surprisingly, the closest the new EJ has come to it so far was with Ari on Friday in a three second season but maybe that's just AZ's talent.

The show kept flipping back and forth between EJ and Belle and Sami and Xander and even AS and PT were selling me of two people on some sort of same wavelength.  Gosh Alison was fun.  Smug done well.  Especially since we have Czekhov's letter out there. 

And EJ is making me root for Lucas to blow up his world. 

Marlena's "giddy" reaction to Eric being home was embarrassing. 

My favorite lines from the show:

Philip: Hello, beautiful (to Chloe)
Brady:  Hello, handsome.

• Love 4
56 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Surprisingly, the closest the new EJ has come to it so far was with Ari on Friday in a three second season but maybe that's just AZ's talent.

I didn't even notice EJ and Nicole together in the ep so that shows you what an impact it made on me lol. I even commented to my sister that I was surprised they glossed over them completely since EJ and Nicole have history and they were both in the same room for the first time.

I'm having a hard time seeing this EJ in a relationship because him and AS have such anti-chem and their kisses are so embarrassing so I can't really imagine him being able to create heat with anyone else. But I'm willing to wait and see lol.

• Love 8
17 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I didn't even notice EJ and Nicole together in the ep so that shows you what an impact it made on me lol. I even commented to my sister that I was surprised they glossed over them completely since EJ and Nicole have history and they were both in the same room for the first time.

I'm having a hard time seeing this EJ in a relationship because him and AS have such anti-chem and their kisses are so embarrassing so I can't really imagine him being able to create heat with anyone else. But I'm willing to wait and see lol.

The two have a brief conversation about their time in Nashville and how they've recovered from their "deaths." Not in that exact language of course. The scene also features Sami and Eric, Sami and Nicole passively-aggressively snarking at each other, Chloe interrupting to get Nicole out of what is obviously going to turn into an explosive situation. So in other words, a lot was going on in that scene, so it's understandable if you forgot it.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

Bringing this over from the spoiler thread because it's not really spoilery.  VK makes some bad choices that make her come off as smug.  but at least she makes that look effortless.  My issue with RSW is that he is so labored in whatever he chooses to do.

So I watched Friday--finally. 

Chemistry for me is about convincing me two people are speaking the same language.  While Belle did light up around EJ, I didn't feel like they had that subconscious connection that leaps out to me.  Surprisingly, the closest the new EJ has come to it so far was with Ari on Friday in a three second season but maybe that's just AZ's talent.

The show kept flipping back and forth between EJ and Belle and Sami and Xander and even AS and PT were selling me of two people on some sort of same wavelength.  Gosh Alison was fun.  Smug done well.  Especially since we have Czekhov's letter out there. 

And EJ is making me root for Lucas to blow up his world. 

Marlena's "giddy" reaction to Eric being home was embarrassing. 

My favorite lines from the show:

Philip: Hello, beautiful (to Chloe)
Brady:  Hello, handsome.

VK is all hair and hooker clothes. Why does the show insists dressing like she undercover walking the streets? I almost think VK gets to decide and she does it herself. Somehow I didn’t mind their original pairing up but now I’m so over them.  They may have gotten more eyeballs looking at the show but now I think RSW thinks he and VK ARE the show. Ugh!

• Love 7

I don’t hate nuEJ but I don’t think he has chemistry with AS. He is good with Chad & Andre with boardroom stuff though. I’m not really sure who’s I pair him up with at the moment. I will say it was nice he was finally out of his smoking jacket & silk pajamas. Now, we didn’t get a total head to toe shot but he must be feeling more comfortable since he was willing to ditch the PJ’s for EJ. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I didn't even notice EJ and Nicole together in the ep so that shows you what an impact it made on me lol.

It was very quick. 

Oh, everyone is talking about how Ciara is getting her memories back but is that just Ben's impression?  Did the show give us any flashbacks which they usually do when they want us to remember a character recovering some memories?

• Love 3
On 7/16/2021 at 4:57 PM, RedElf said:

The Brady and Philip dick measuring contest is boring.

Yep..I’m gonna go there, simply because I am bored.

Brady hardly  has a dick to stand on since Kristen has taken it, along with his balls w/her. Hopefully they are on ice, since she’ll need to give ‘Em back to use them next time she kidnaps and rapes him..another child , perhaps??

So, while Philip shouldn’t have a leg to stand on 🧐😃😂..at least is d &b’s are intact!!

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Somehow I didn’t mind their original pairing up but now I’m so over them.  They may have gotten more eyeballs looking at the show but now I think RSW thinks he and VK ARE the show. Ugh!

I loved them at first. I love that kind of thing. But they went so wrong with it when they just had everyone accept a serial killer and when they started to write them as completely smug and humorless people. And yea, I think RSW and VK have really gotten very high on themselves and think they're some great gift to this show.

10 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Oh, everyone is talking about how Ciara is getting her memories back but is that just Ben's impression?  Did the show give us any flashbacks which they usually do when they want us to remember a character recovering some memories?

I couldn't tell you, I fast forward almost all Ben, Ciara, and Ben/Ciara scenes lol.

• Love 9
(edited)

I love that Eric is back...but dang...why do they insist on writing him and Nicole in such boring, vague ways?

Nicole: My love, I missed you so while you were helping those people in Africa.

Eric: I know, my love, I thought of you every day while I was there with them.

Nicole: With who?

Eric: Those people.

Nicole: Yes, those African people who needed you.

Eric: Exactly. But then I said to them, "Those people, I must return home quickly to remind my wife I am not dead!"

Nicole: What a sacrifice it must have been, for those people.

Eric: Those people did weep, my love, but I love my love for you, my love, and now we can be loving together.

Nicole: Lovely!

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Scintillating, no? None of these "people" are referenced by name. They're just one big human lump of helplessness. How specific. 

And why is this epic romance so lacking in flavor? Nicole is a spicy gal but its like they diluted her voice years ago and forgot she has a POV. And Eric has been through enough adventures to have more to say than a generic Hallmark card. (Heehee - Jeneric. Remember when?)

The writers could easily punch their dialogue up or give them a "thing". Fine, you can't afford to give them a couple song - give them callback jokes or something. Something that lets us into their relationship a bit so they don't seem plastic as hell. It's not AZ or GV's faults when the words on the page are dull.

Then there's the anniversary party, attended by more people than bothered to show for the actual wedding....perhaps because they wanted to see just how much resentment would bubble to the surface, what with Eric bolting 48 hours after taking vows a year ago. These people are shady as heck and showed up for a show.

And then, to keep the mood light, all they do is stand around like waxworks making speeches? Fun!

Where's the dancing? The buffet? A pinata? Anything!

Sami at least dressed well for the sabotage.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I love that Eric is back...but dang...why do they insist on writing him and Nicole in such boring, vague ways?

Nicole: My love, I missed you so while you were helping those people in Africa.

Eric: I know, my love, I thought of you every day while I was there with them.

Nicole: With who?

Eric: Those people.

Nicole: Yes, those African people who needed you.

Eric: Exactly. But then I said to them, "Those people, I must return home quickly to remind my wife I am not dead!"

Nicole: What a sacrifice it must have been, for those people.

Eric: Those people did weep, my love, but I love my love for you, my love, and now we can be loving together.

Nicole: Lovely!

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Scintillating, no? None of these "people" are referenced by name. They're just one big human lump of helplessness. How specific. 

And why is this epic romance so lacking in flavor? Nicole is a spicy gal but its like they diluted her voice years ago and forgot she has a POV. And Eric has been through enough adventures to have more to say than a generic Hallmark card. (Heehee - Jeneric. Remember when?)

The writers could easily punch their dialogue up or give them a "thing". Fine, you can't afford to give them a couple song - give them callback jokes or something. Something that lets us into their relationship a bit so they don't seem plastic as hell. It's not AZ or GV's faults when the words on the page are dull.

Then there's the anniversary party, attended by more people than bothered to show for the actual wedding....perhaps because they wanted to see just how much resentment would bubble to the surface, what with Eric bolting 48 hours after taking vows a year ago. These people are shady as heck and showed up for a show.

And then, to keep the mood light, all they do is stand around like waxworks making speeches? Fun!

Where's the dancing? The buffet? A pinata? Anything!

Sami at least dressed well for the sabotage.

1000X This!  I know this is a PLOT POINT party, but who in their right mind would rather spend their (jet-lagged) time with other people (yes, even family) on their anniversary?  It's one thing to celebrate a major milestone (yup, I got to be a rather old flower girl when my brother and his wife celebrated 25 years -  and I'm STILL taller than the ring bearer) but the cold fact is, your anniversary means NOTHING to other people.  Even to people who were there - much less people who weren't.  Go to dinner, toast your great love all evening long (while feeling immense sadness that all those people are going to lose you in the future) but do not subject other people to your inane schmoopiness.

• Love 9
(edited)
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

That’s exactly my problem with Eric. He’s supposed to be this great awesome guy, but we don’t get to see that. Everybody talks him up but when I see him , I don’t  understand what they’re even talking about. He comes across as a pompous, selfish asshole. Vague is correct. I can’t really blame the actor, but he doesn’t play Eric like he has a history in Salem. 

For me, AZ is solid. Nicole has interactions with both new and old characters, and like her or not,  it just works. 
Except when it comes to Eric. There’s just nothing there.

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Love 5

Except for the revelation that is going to split up Eric and Nicole, and surely send him back to Africa, I loved today's show. 

Loved that all the Brady/Black family members were in the same room for such a long time - Roman, Marlena, John, Eric, Sami, Brady, Belle.  Loved the interactions between them. Loved Roman and Marlena going to check on Eric.  Loved Belle and John together. Just felt old-school 80's, back when the families were so close.  More of this, please.

• Love 12

SUCH a good episode, but ugh, poor Eric and Nicole! I cheered when Eric punched Xander. Nicole should go back to the short hair she had when they got married; she looked so amazing in that flashback.

9 minutes ago, buffynut said:

Loved Roman and Marlena going to check on Eric. 

YES, omg. That was so sweet. I really love those two together. 

10 minutes ago, buffynut said:

Loved Belle and John together.

Yup. Except: John. How long have you known Sami? Of course this is something she would do! She's all about the drama, geez.

Philip staying to clean up the pub was sweet.

• Love 7
(edited)
21 minutes ago, auchic said:

SUCH a good episode, but ugh, poor Eric and Nicole! I cheered when Eric punched Xander. Nicole should go back to the short hair she had when they got married; she looked so amazing in that flashback.

YES, omg. That was so sweet. I really love those two together. 

Yup. Except: John. How long have you known Sami? Of course this is something she would do! She's all about the drama, geez.

Philip staying to clean up the pub was sweet.

Yeah, Xander totally deserved an ass beating, but the punch was good enough for me, for now. Loved how everyone was ready to step in to help out Eric.

Happy Nicole told the truth. 

Liked  Marlena and Roman going to check on their boy. I understood him wanting to be left alone, but still, didn’t like how he held the door open for him to leave.

John and Belle were sweet.

Even liked Brady going after Xander, but come on..really Brady??  He should be aware of Sami -shenanigans just as much as anyone, yet he couldn’t figure out that’s where Xander would get so much  money in one haul!

Agree, very sweet of Philip to stay and clean up!! What else was he gonna do though, ESPECIALLY since Chloe ran out without any thought of him, to go make sure Brady was ok. 
And EJ..come on now, you haven’t figured out  Sami’s infidelity by now??

Indeed, a very frustratingly good episode. Hope there is more this week!  Because..

NOT looking forward to the CIN eps.

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Love 10
29 minutes ago, RedElf said:

Eric wants to be alone in the place he shares with Nicole, Allie, two kids, and Chanel?

Chanel isn't staying there anymore but the point still stands lol.

Loved today.

Xander as an asshole and terrible criminal is amazingly fun and I hope they don't ever take him back to the schmoop he was with Sarah.

Brady and Chloe trying to help Nicole was great. And Phillip was great all around. 

I find Belle to be kind of a bitch tbh. I really don't like her much.

New EJ is getting better.

• Love 13

Belle was right but wow does she hate Sami.  Belle asking how Nicole could cheat was kind of funny considering her past. 
  I love Eric and Nicole so this was a sad episode for me. 

• Love 16
32 minutes ago, RedElf said:

Eric wants to be alone in the place he shares with Nicole, Allie, two kids, and Chanel

Hahahaha!! Nice catch!!!

Didn’t even think of that. . Except Nicole’s kid is at “camp”. But poor Henry Blanket..Eric having a total temper tantrum ..hope Allie didn’t forget about him, leaving him home alone to be with Uncle Trippy!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
19 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Xander as an asshole and terrible criminal is amazingly fun and I hope they don't ever take him back to the schmoop he was with Sarah.

Brady and Chloe trying to help Nicole was great. And Phillip was great all around. 

I find Belle to be kind of a bitch tbh. I really don't like her much.

Yes on all points.

Xander sooo much fun without Sarah

But I kinda liked bitchy Belle..I mean we’re talking about her reaction to Sami shenanigans and bro Eric!

I don’t mind Brady and Chloe helping out Nicole. But Philip would be better since he knows about the letter. Once again, Philip losing out over bad ass Brady.

EJ is getting back in synch! Except for his delusions of Sami..unless he’s faking that, which would be awesome!

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Love 9

Terrific episode.

Not an ounce of fat on it. Trim, to the point, dramatic, well-paced, great callbacks used appropriately (Brady having broken them up before, the Sydney factor, Ericole's first night together), characters acting in ways that completely make sense given who they are, spot-on performances, a sense of character histories and family bonds...any quibbles I have are minor.

...and I know this only happened because they don't want to waste any time having GV back, but I'll take it.

AZ's face when Nicole admitted her guilt to Eric broke me. She couldn't even look at him. And the build-up, with former enemies turned friends trying to prevent disaster, like Brady knowingly lying to spare Eric and Chloe unknowingly misleading Eric to stand up for Nicole....that moved me too.

And Sami really being a bitch and playing innocent when she knows it's more about her hatred of Nicole than anything, and somehow getting a kick out of it...even when she's just as guilty of infidelity....that really was the first time I got to see that side of Sami that y'all here and the Salemites have been referencing for years. AS played it out perfectly. It wasn't forced (like drugged Sami "shooting" Marlena at the wedding) or justified (like her takedown of Abigail and EJ). It was cruel and conniving...and projection on her part. It was textbook Sami and it worked.

I loved that everyone pieced together that Sami hired Xander so logically rather than being dimbulbs just for the sake of drawing the story out for weeks.

I loved the punch. I felt that punch!

The only thing that could make this better is if tomorrow showed Eric listening to his bereft wife, begging Nicole for another chance, understanding that his absence drove her to this, then a reconciliation followed by Eric marching over to the Horton house and dragging Xandy's (presumably sculpted) butt out into the street for a solid 20 minutes of ass kicking. And then everyone turning on Sami.

It won't happen, I know that, so I'll just have to content myself with this excellently constructed episode.

...notice how Nicole didn't even call Sami out completely when she had the chance? She left to go after Eric instead and held back from saying it all. Beautiful. See where her priorities are?

I think this'll sadly be the highlight of 2021. We need more episodes like this. Good job team.

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

And Sami really being a bitch and playing innocent when she knows it's more about her hatred of Nicole than anything, and somehow getting a kick out of it...even when she's just as guilty of infidelity....that really was the first time I got to see that side of Sami that y'all here and the Salemites have been referencing for years. AS played it out perfectly. It wasn't forced (like drugged Sami "shooting" Marlena at the wedding) or justified (like her takedown of Abigail and EJ). It was cruel and conniving...and projection on her part. It was textbook Sami and it worked.

My watching of the show has been pretty irregular.  Has Sami made any reference to Nicole's interference in Allie's initial return story (pregnancy etc.) as a motivation for her revenge (even privately)?  It was pretty obvious to me that a big part of Nicole's motivation in that situation was sticking it to Sami.  I'd be able to enjoy this story much more if Samie wasn't just hiding behind protecting Eric from Nicole.  I really enjoy vindictive Sami when she's acting out of vengeance or righteous anger than simple pettiness.

• Love 3

Oh Samantha Jean, karma is comin' and it won't be pretty. (And I generally love Sami and her shenanigans.)

"No you weren't tending bar that night, the drinks weren't watered down." I love this version of Xander.

I wonder where Allie was, and how she'll feel now about St. Auntie Nicole when she finds out? I had to laugh at all of the holier than thou shock at Nicole cheating from a room full of people who have cheated on their partners.

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, RunningMarket said:

Oh Samantha Jean, karma is comin' and it won't be pretty. (And I generally love Sami and her shenanigans.)

"No you weren't tending bar that night, the drinks weren't watered down." I love this version of Xander.

I wonder where Allie was, and how she'll feel now about St. Auntie Nicole when she finds out? I had to laugh at all of the holier than thou shock at Nicole cheating from a room full of people who have cheated on their partners.

I think Roman is the only one who hasn't cheated on anyone.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

NOT looking forward to the CIN eps.

I know there's not many of us on this forum, in fact, maybe just me, but I'm still a CIN fan, so looking forward to the eps. 

1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I started watching again just before the EJ/Sami wedding in 2014, so didn't see much of original(?) EJ before he was "killed", but I didn't like him.   So far I'm enjoying nu-EJ, the little I've seen of him.

1 hour ago, tribeca said:

I love Eric and Nicole so this was a sad episode for me. 

Me too.  Love Ericole, and can't believe it's over now/again. 

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I don't believe Brady has cheated on anyone either. Sure he goes through women but he's all in on those relationships and doesn't move on until that ends. 

Brady's photo is next to the dictionary definition of serial monogamist.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

That was a particular harsh episode to watch. Of course, it’s a soap but I guess they had to go hard because GV is probably short term and they need to have Nicole hit rock bottom before she can rise from the ashes. I like when AZ and AS bring it. The quoting of the Bible versus was well done and so spot on. Now, I want to know who will be the person to ultimately reveal the letter to EJ from Kristen?! Also, it was neat to see a room with a boat load of contract players there for this reveal. That must have killed the budget for the month. LOL!!!! It reminded me of the old days. Although, I think it would have been better if Allie was there. She doesn’t really care for her mother (Sami) and, she loves Nicole. I guess they are saving her (maybe) for the Sami and Lucas reveal. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

I don't believe Brady has cheated on anyone either. Sure he goes through women but he's all in on those relationships and doesn't move on until that ends. 

Brady slept with Kristen when he was involved/in love with Eve. Sure, he said he did it because crazy Kristen had kidnapped someone he loved, but Eve couldn't forgive him despite the circumstances.

• Love 5
(edited)

Not physically, anyway.  His  emotional cheating is quite high on the list. Dude can’t make up his mind !! Always thinking the girl he’s with is his true love, then his mind-heart disagrees!

** he totally moved on from psycho-Kristen to Chloe. 
chloe and Brady make better friends than lovers, IMO!**

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

Just now, Chellfairy said:

Love Sami shenanigans , however never a fan of EJAMI. No chemistry there and no chem, with nu-EJ. I’ll NEVER  be an ENAMI fan.

I’ve always  enjoyed EJ. Wasn’t sure about nu-EJ..but still hopeful!

I would love to see how he and Nicole would work out, again! What a slap in the face to smug Sami 😃

• Love 3

Sami's reactions were great.  But only partly because we know she's get hers. 

Today was quite good.  I wish Xander had the letter to give to Nicole to "make up" for what he did for her today but, even though it wasn't his intention, he did her a favor. 

Why can't characters be smart all of the time?  Brady and Chloe figured out who paid Xander like *that*.

Of course, John was kind of dumb being all "I have a hard time believing Sami would do this to her brother."  Really, John?  Do you really? 

• Love 9

I've always liked EJ and Nicole together. Not sure if I like this new EJ. But AZ has chemistry with everyone. Except of course with Daniel.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5