Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Gwen, I thought you had a spine when you turned down Xander's marriage proposal. It was also a bit bad when he gave you the ring he gave Sarah. Ouch. But you didn't and well, enjoy your engagement.

Abby made an entertianing captive. Going out to explore the jungle a bit, getting the idea that high heels were not the way to go. And then snooping in the living room to find Steve's eye patch and his and Kayla's IDs. Did Kristen bake the peach pie or did the invisible staff do it? Who brought the ice cream?

Sarah seemed a bit loopy. Amnesia is such a tired trope. Did admire how white and pristine her outfit was, even down to the matching sneakers. Who is 'him'?

I didn't expect Nancy to throw the clam chowder on to Craig. And yeah, Chloe is not the person to tell her what is what. That is up to her husband, whether he wants to come clean or not.

I did like Chad and Kate talking about Abigail being missing and figuring out how to find her.

• Love 9

I don't know anything about Euripides but I liked that someone slipped in that line about repeating the same plots over and over.  I'll imagine it was one of the script writers snarking on Ron's writing habits and call it a day.

That damn mop on Sarah's head was so distracting that I didn't even think that she wasn't talking about Xander.  I just figured Kristin made up a story about why Sarah had to be away from Xander right now, and Sarah believed it.  

It's hilarious that Chad thinks of himself as The Good DiMera, yet he doesn't mind sending EJ off to prison for 10 years for a crime he didn't commit.  Over a damn kiss?  

Still don't care about the My Gay Dad storyline.  

• Love 13

Gwen gets worse by the day.  For one brief, shining moment I thought that perhaps she was turning down Xander's proposal because she felt guilty about Sarah AND Abigail, but nah, she just wanted to pout some more about Xander loving someone who wasn't her.  I don't know how Ron C. is going to attempt to redeem her because at this point she's only fit to have her engagement party in a woodchipper.

Like Peachmangosteen, I'm sorta loving MM's Abigail being  so bored and over being kidnapped and threatened by Kristen.  MM's Abigail knows the best way to torture that addlepated sociopath is to not act scared.  It seems to drive her even crazier.  I wish, when Kristen told Abigail she wasn't really a Dimera that Abigail had reminded Kristen that she isn't either, that she didn't spring from the diseased loins of Stefano.  

To be clear, if KM was still playing Abigail, I'd be rooting for Kristen.  If she was the one kidnapped, I can hear the screeching Valley Gurl voice ripping my ear drums to bits right now.  MM's Abigail, while I may not like the character, I do like how MM plays her.

As for Craig and Nancy - Nancy's wig alone is enough to make me excuse pretty much anything or anyone Craig does to get as far away from it as he can. 

• Love 16
On 1/30/2022 at 3:04 AM, MsTree said:

I'm wondering if they're telling this story about Craig & Nancy because the guy who plays Craig is gay in real life. And if that's true, what other person could portray the angst better than one who knows the pain (on both ends) better, right?

He is gay in real life. I hate the art imitates life b.s. so common today. Cynthia Nixon’s character on “and just like that” has been ruined also. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, tribeca said:

Went to a meatloaf concert with my dad once and a lady hit on him right in front of me.  I said loudly “what are we bringing home for mom.” He wasn’t even doing anything and it made me feel yucky. 
I don’t get Chloe not being upset that her dad is cheating and lying.  It doesn’t matter who it’s with.   He is cheating.  
ETA 

I should watch the whole show before I post lol. 

She is upset. You just can’t tell because of Nadia’s “acting”. 

• LOL 9
16 hours ago, tribeca said:

I did not think Sara was talking about an adult when she said he.

weird how she thinks Kristin is her friends. 

It seems to me maybe she’s being drugged. Or had severe Stockholm Syndrome. 

• Love 6

7 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

But...it's 1992! This is groundbreaking!

...oh wait...

I'll confess to though not necessarily thinking it's groundbreaking, but thinking that it's a different story for Days to tell.  However ...

1 hour ago, chediavolo said:

He is gay in real life. I hate the art imitates life b.s. so common today. Cynthia Nixon’s character on “and just like that” has been ruined also. 

... not impressed that they've gone with a character who is portrayed by someone who is gay in real life.  Maybe it's just a coincidence, but I'd have preferred the actor to have to research the storyline, and then put their spin on it, rather than go with something they may have lived through in their own life.  But I will say I was feeling Craig's discomfort as he squirmed while listening to Nancy, and just wanting to blurt out his news. 

Or had severe Stockholm Syndrome. 

That's what I was thinking.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, chediavolo said:

It seems to me maybe she’s being drugged. Or had severe Stockholm Syndrome. 

I just thought it was still side effects from the drug she was injected with when she was kidnapped.  She, like Abigail, was having initial hallucinations (why she willingly climbed in the trunk) and I thought that instead of giving her treatment, Kristen was just leaning in and encouraging them.  That's why Sarah was being so compliant.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5

The scenes with Roman and Craig/Nancy were just odd. Roman is angry at Craig/Nancy for something that happened near 2 decades ago, but he was literally gleefully sharing a scene with a woman that put his other daughter on death row. On top of this, Nancy tells Roman they are back in town to help Chloe with her pain, regarding Philip. Roman knows for a fact that Philip is alive and well. He is an active participant of the continuation of Chloe's pain. It was just a strange scene, and I'm not quite certain what the purpose was.

I see some people are fans of MM's acting, but I am still not one of them. I had to scratch my head when Abby said that hurting her would upset Brady. Why exactly? Brady has shared more scenes with Craig/Nancy in the past week than he has with Abby in the past 2 years. Abby hasn't been a part of any of Brady's many crisis situations in the past decade, and Brady has been absent from her crisis situations. Brady has forgiven Kristen for harming Marlena multiple times, raping Eric, holding Claire hostage, stealing Theresa's fetus, stealing Nicole's identity, but harming Abby would be the straw that breaks the camel's back. God, I hope Kristen aims for between the eyes. 

Sarah is already back to annoying me. 

Chloe was in her late teens when she discovered Craig was her dad. What does she even mean he wasn't like the other dads? Also, didn't Chloe bond with Stephano because of their shared love of the opera and the arts. Didn't Chloe and the original Brady partly fall in love because of their shared love of musicals. The two literally went around Salem singing. Are we supposed to think Stephano and Brady are gay now because they love the arts and music? This is why I have no confidence in Ron in writing this story. He may be a queer man himself, but that hardly means he's immune to stereotyping and offensive writing. 

What the hell was Kate wearing?

Speculation:

With Abby having strong suspicions that Sarah is on the island, and her discovering the patch and ids of Stayla, does anyone think this story will conclude with a search for Philip storyline? We, the audience, know Kristen has nothing to do with Philip's disappearance. The characters still believe Kristen is behind it, especially Chloe and Brady. 

I would love if this ends in a Chloe, Brady, Lucas, Nicole (to support Broe) search for Philip storyline. 

P.S. I would be okay if Kristen kills everyone held hostage on the island. I would even nominate her for a Nobel Peace Prize for making the world a better place without them.

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

The scenes with Roman and Craig/Nancy were just odd. Roman is angry at Craig/Nancy for something that happened near 2 decades ago, but he was literally gleefully sharing a scene with a woman that put his other daughter on death row. On top of this, Nancy tells Roman they are back in town to help Chloe with her pain, regarding Philip. Roman knows for a fact that Philip is alive and well. He is an active participant of the continuation of Chloe's pain. It was just a strange scene, and I'm not quite certain what the purpose was.

I see some people are fans of MM's acting, but I am still not one of them. I had to scratch my head when Abby said that hurting her would upset Brady. Why exactly? Brady has shared more scenes with Craig/Nancy in the past week than he has with Abby in the past 2 years. Abby hasn't been a part of any of Brady's many crisis situations in the past decade, and Brady has been absent from her crisis situations. Brady has forgiven Kristen for harming Marlena multiple times, raping Eric, holding Claire hostage, stealing Theresa's fetus, stealing Nicole's identity, but harming Abby would be the straw that breaks the camel's back. God, I hope Kristen aims for between the eyes. 

Chloe was in her late teens when she discovered Craig was her dad. What does she even mean he wasn't like the other dads? Also, didn't Chloe bond with Stephano because of their shared love of the opera and the arts. Didn't Chloe and the original Brady partly fall in love because of their shared love of musicals. The two literally went around Salem singing. Are we supposed to think Stephano and Brady are gay now because they love the arts and music? This is why I have no confidence in Ron in writing this story. He may be a queer man himself, but that hardly means he's immune to stereotyping and offensive writing. 

What the hell was Kate wearing?

Speculation:

With Abby having strong suspicions that Sarah is on the island, and her discovering the patch and ids of Stayla, does anyone think this story will conclude with a search for Philip storyline? We, the audience, know Kristen has nothing to do with Philip's disappearance. The characters still believe Kristen is behind it, especially Chloe and Brady. 

I would love if this ends in a Chloe, Brady, Lucas, Nicole (to support Broe) search for Philip storyline. 

P.S. I would be okay if Kristen kills everyone held hostage on the island. I would even nominate her for a Nobel Peace Prize for making the world a better place without them.

I was kind of with you until the P.S.  While she can be a bit over the top, I generally like Sarah and don't see any reason (other than they rarely use them effectively) to get rid of Patch and Kayla.  I agree that Abigail really is a legend in her own mind.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, 4evaQuez said:

I had to scratch my head when Abby said that hurting her would upset Brady. Why exactly? Brady has shared more scenes with Craig/Nancy in the past week than he has with Abby in the past 2 years. Abby hasn't been a part of any of Brady's many crisis situations in the past decade, and Brady has been absent from her crisis situations. Brady has forgiven Kristen for harming Marlena multiple times, raping Eric, holding Claire hostage, stealing Theresa's fetus, stealing Nicole's identity, but harming Abby would be the straw that breaks the camel's back. God, I hope Kristen aims for between the eyes. 

Me too! After mentally pondering that a few moments, I came to the conclusion this was Abaigail being her normal conceited self.  In addition to delusions of grandeur, apparently Abs is also out of touch with reality because we all know Brady generally only cares about himself. 

Incidentally, my favorite line of the episode was Kristin telling Abby she was as annoying as a mosquito with a press pass. 🤣

Edited by Peanut6711
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4
40 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

I was kind of with you until the P.S.  While she can be a bit over the top, I generally like Sarah and don't see any reason (other than they rarely use them effectively) to get rid of Patch and Kayla.  I agree that Abigail really is a legend in her own mind.  

Haha! I was just being dramatic, hence the Nobel Peace Prize line. I know that's hard to determine in writing.

I actually do like that this is a chance to see characters who don't generally interact with each other. I am really curious to see how Abby/Sarah interact. I wouldn't mind if the two could build a friendship as a result of this storyline as I think both could desperately use a confidante. Both are Hortons, and I generally think Horton women friendships work well on this show. Jennifer/Hope obviously being a favorite. Hope/Melissa was before my time, but I heard that was really popular. I even liked the Allie/Ciara/Claire scenes. Abby/Sarah desperately need a friend and a Horton cousins situations seem like a great place to start.

I also don't think the show has done as much with Abby/Steve as it should have. I remember Steve being important at the tail end of the multiple personality storyline with Abby, but I don't remember much since then. Abby/Kayla seem to have the stronger relationship.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Steve/Sarah interact. Not for any particular reason. I just would like to see it, especially if it could lead to Maggie and Stayla interactions. I can't remember the last time they interacted.

I'm also okay with Kristen interacting with all of these people, since Kristen doesn't have much of a history with these characters.

As for Stayla, I've never been a fan. Again, their heyday was before my time, and I've disliked them since 2006. I don't think they've ever been sufficiently integrated into the cast. I don't need them to die, but I wouldn't mind if they left Salem again.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

I don't think they've ever been sufficiently integrated into the cast. I don't need them to die, but I wouldn't mind if they left Salem again.

I agree that they really don't know what to do with them.  Pairing them with other people doesn't work, and neither one is really a cheater.  Since Marlena is the dedicated kidnap victim/person in a coma/possessed person/drugged or microchipped person and generally the damsel in distress needing to be rescued by a big strong man, (and John is, of course, the dedicated geriatric superhero) they don't how to write for Steve and Kayla.  

They could have Steve solving cases using brains and research (NOT stupid chase/fight scenes) and have Kayla being able to use her medical knowledge/analytical abilities to help him go in the right direction.  Hell, they could even involve Jack and Jennifer's investigation skills rather than simply having them be background characters to the Gwen/Abby drama.  (Jack would be great at playing dumb - like he really doesn't notice the person being investigated has just dropped a major clue.)  But that would, of course, require the writers to add several new squares to the current plot dartboard so it's probably unlikely.

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

person and generally the damsel in distress needing to be rescued by a big strong man, (and John is, of course, the dedicated geriatric superhero) they don't how to write for Steve and Kayla.  

They could have Steve solving cases using brains and research (NOT stupid chase/fight scenes) 

I wouldn't mind if the show acknowledged Steve's age as to why he can't be the action hero the show still tries to write him as. I remember being somewhat shocked at the John/Chloe scene from not too long ago. John told Chloe he isn't the man who saved her from El Fideo several years ago. The show was acknowledging John's age, and how he physically can't be the action hero he used to be for his family.

I think something like that could work wonders for Steve. The actor/SN is 70. I'm not certain how old Steve is supposed to be, but I'm assuming he's at least in his 60s. Age, plus losing a cherished part of his identity, plus regret for being stolen from Stephanie and Tripp's lives. (I can't remember if we're to think he raised Joey or not). Plus two of his best friends no longer around, Bope. I think that could give Stayla a lot to work with. Sadly, I'm not really sure who else you could integrate into the storyline. Tripp is a guarantee. I'm not certain if Jack is still on the show or not. Who else? While I think it could be an interesting story, it doesn't really fix them being isolated. 

• Love 5

What Ciara basically said: “Our baby isn’t going to need all that fancy stuff… like diapers.”

What Ben should have said: “Ciara, you’re a Brady…and a Horton…but you’re still an idiot.”

Does Ciara think this baby is going to arrive potty-trained or do demon kids not need to pee and poop? 🤔

If Johnny-devil makes it his new demonic mission to cock-block CIN, his purpose on this show just went up in my estimation.

I wonder if TR knows about the necktie killer. I bet he might be interested in producing The Ben Weston story for his next movie.

• Love 8
15 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

What Ciara basically said: “Our baby isn’t going to need all that fancy stuff… like diapers.”

What Ben should have said: “Ciara, you’re a Brady…and a Horton…but you’re still an idiot.”

Does Ciara think this baby is going to arrive potty-trained or do demon kids not need to pee and poop? 🤔

If Johnny-devil makes it his new demonic mission to cock-block CIN, his purpose on this show just went up in my estimation.

I wonder if TR knows about the necktie killer. I bet he might be interested in producing The Ben Weston story for his next movie.

Yes she did say that. She is an idiot. And Ciara  is actually a Kiriakis   not a Brady, but that is only talked about in a whispered voice. Sort of like when Brady said to Chloe and I paraphrase: you mean your dads gay?   Also it raises my blood pressure whenever I hear that a man went and bought a house or rented an apartment in this case as a big surprise for his other half. I would be livid. 

Edited by chediavolo
  • Love 4
18 minutes ago, chediavolo said:

Yes she did say that. She is an idiot. And Ciara  is actually a Dimera  not a Brady, but that is only talked about in a whispered voice. Sort of like when Brady said to Chloe and I paraphrase: you mean your dads gay?   Also it raises my blood pressure whenever I hear that a man went and bought a house or rented an apartment in this case as a big surprise for his other half. I would be livid. 

And he took Julie!🙄

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Yes she did say that. She is an idiot. And Ciara  is actually a Dimera  not a Brady, but that is only talked about in a whispered voice. Sort of like when Brady said to Chloe and I paraphrase: you mean your dads gay?   Also it raises my blood pressure whenever I hear that a man went and bought a house or rented an apartment in this case as a big surprise for his other half. I would be livid. 

I think you mean Ciara is a Kiriakis, not a Brady.  Ciara has never been shy about going to Grampa Victor when she wants something.  God bless Vic for never ever liking Ben.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

Johnny has his own theme music.  
so the devil can start a fire in another room but can’t find people.   Julie is one tough women. 
   I like Abigail not being afraid of Kristin.  About time someone stood up to that bully. 
when Ciara and Ben were in the new apartment I thought Ben had a necktie locked and ready.  Thank goodness it was only the blindfold.   

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

I just thought it was still side effects from the drug she was injected with when she was kidnapped.  She, like Abigail, was having initial hallucinations (why she willingly climbed in the trunk) and I thought that instead of giving her treatment, Kristen was just leaning in and encouraging them.  That's why Sarah was being so compliant.

I, too, think Sarah is being drugged....I think its the Peach Pie!  Kristen offered Peach Pie to Abigail also, and I wondered why she was so specific with the Pie.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 1/29/2022 at 7:03 AM, Artsda said:

I agree KM's Abby would be dealing with Gwen, Ava and Kristen in a different way. She has a backbone and fights back, this Abby is just boho bore always like on a wellness retreat not being held against her will after assaulted.

I've posted multiple times I prefer MM's Abigail to KM but in this case, I need the fire/wrath that KM can bring to curbstomp Kristen.  Kristen has turned into a cartoon villain who continually escapes law enforcement and punishment for her many crimes.

On 1/30/2022 at 6:13 PM, Pearson80 said:

The show thought they hit the jackpot with Shelle and that they were going to be the next supercouple.  They should have remained a teen romance like Jennifer and Frankie.  Shawn had better chemistry with Mimi and MM's Belle had better chemistry with Jay's Philip..

Belle is trash and I don't like how she hates Sami so much when they were always pretty close. 

I shipped Shelle when they were portrayed by KS & JC.  If Belle is indeed unfaithful to Shawn YET AGAIN - and with her brother-in-law no less....then please put this couple out of their misery! 

On 1/31/2022 at 12:58 PM, RunningMarket said:

Also, what was Chloe going on about having a father who likes music and old movies as an indication he was gay? Way to stereotype. For the record, my father loves music, Broadway, old movies and figure skating. And he is straight as an arrow, happily married to my mother for 45+ years.

I'm neutral on this whole Craig is gay/bi storyline, but yeah, I couldn't believe stupid DOOL went into the gay stereotype well.

50 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Johnny has his own theme music.  
so the devil can start a fire in another room but can’t find people.   Julie is one tough women. 

Anyone else like me so effing tired of what the devil can and can't do?!  Devil can turn Susan into a cat, can transform someone into another person, and other HARD TO BELIEVE acts of astonishment, but is limited in other ways?!  Get the eff outta here. Sometimes the DOOL Devil is all powerful, and sometimes not. They clearly are making this up as they go along...

• Love 10

This Craig/Nancy story is as awful as one would expect and yet they managed to go lower.

They were already an unconventional couple that I enjoyed and I felt there was no need to do any of this.  I also don't like them reinforcing the stereotype of how the only reason Nancy got a hunk of a man like that was because he's gay not because he was genuinely attracted and devoted to her which we've seen on screen with these two. Instead it was all a lie apparently.

If they wanted to have a coming out story I rather it have been Shawn/Belle tbh since the adult version lacks the spark the teen version did. Plus it would be a twist because Jan would have to direct her obsession elsewhere(and open her up to storylines not involving Shelle) and I would be spared Belle cheating on Shawn every few years only for him to take her back so she does it all over again. At some point a man would be more loyal to Shawn than Belle.

• Love 11
On 1/29/2022 at 12:25 AM, WendyCR72 said:

There should be some TV law where only a certain amount of bad writing is allowed on TV at the same time. Between this wreck and the utter mountain of toxic waste bullshit that is And Just Like That over on HBO Max, my head just wants to explode.

LOL.  Have you seen The Woman Across The Street From the Girl in the Window? :D

So there are no servants on Dead People island?  Who takes care of Sarah when Kristin is running back to Salem every day or so?  And is the stuff she's giving Sarah that turns her into a loon from the science fictiony stuff this show slops up every now and then?

• Love 3

So Ben and Ciara new place is Charlie's? They were the only 2 people in Salem who didn't show up at his place the night he was murdered.

So funny they can get a 3 bedroom apartment, but Kate and Lucas live over a bar. 

I can't with Craig and Nancy story, now they're going to say he was always gay? 

Interesting Kristen is letting Abby walk around and do what ever she wants, compared to others locked in rooms. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

I see some people are fans of MM's acting, but I am still not one of them.

MM and LG are the worst actresses on the show and neither character is entertaining to watch. Marci just sleepwalks through her scenes with her monotone voice and expressionless face. She looks bored and stiff in every scene. LG shrieks her way through her scenes with her obnoxious baby voice and over the top antics. She was basically playing herself the last year she was on the show. Neither has family chemistry or outstanding romantic chemistry with their love interests. Chabby is boring and I don't care about Xarah. LG has also been a dud with Eric, Rex, and Philip. They both look dreadful most of the time. MM with her prairie dresses and LG with her crusty wigs and drawn on clown eyebrows.  Just all around terrible.

I'd be perfectly fine with everyone on the island being killed, including Kristen. They are all pretty useless.

• LOL 4
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

This Craig/Nancy story is as awful as one would expect and yet they managed to go lower.

They were already an unconventional couple that I enjoyed and I felt there was no need to do any of this.  I also don't like them reinforcing the stereotype of how the only reason Nancy got a hunk of a man like that was because he's gay not because he was genuinely attracted and devoted to her which we've seen on screen with these two. Instead it was all a lie apparently.

If they wanted to have a coming out story I rather it have been Shawn/Belle tbh since the adult version lacks the spark the teen version did. Plus it would be a twist because Jan would have to direct her obsession elsewhere(and open her up to storylines not involving Shelle) and I would be spared Belle cheating on Shawn every few years only for him to take her back so she does it all over again. At some point a man would be more loyal to Shawn than Belle.

I love how you think and that would be an interesting twist for Shelle.

I refuse to watch the Craig/Nancy story.  I prefer to remember how they were in their original run.. Craig and Nancy are the latest characters to be trashed by Ron..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 4

I have no use for the devil story and I hate Cin... to my delight they are now one and I can skip in one shot 

I was Steve and Kayla fan from the beginning, so long ago they had no dumb combined name. I will always have those early years in my heart.

• Love 10

I liked Craig and Nancy as two schemers back in the day. Unconventional pair but rootable. This is just crap. His being with Nancy was just a lie - to be normal, have a family, what? No idea what the point of this storyline and their return is. I did like Nancy throwing him out of the hotel room.

So Ben just chooses an apartment on his own, with the help of Julie? Uh, Ciara does need to see it to see if there is enough cupboard space, ease of using the kitchen, type of bathroom, enough closet space, etc. etc. Uh, Ciara, babies require 24/7 attention for the first bit. And they go through an awful lot of diapers. And no, your family should not be providing everything that baby needs. That is up to you and Benderkins. Maybe Grandpa Victor will provide a nanny.

Why did JDevil go to visit Julie? Seriously, to talk to Doug about his experience with being possessed? Won't that tip Doug off or will he just use his Jedi mind trick like he did with Susan Banks? And he carts that cross to their new place? Ben is still suspicious that the Devil wants the baby. Uh, hello meet your first visitor. I suppose finding the cross inverted will just mean a bad nail and that it twisted around.

Why was the patch in the living room of the island home? Why are there no ceiling fans or anything in the home - if it is muggy and hot, there needs to be some circulation. Steve and Kayla are in some basement or hurricane shelter? With fresh water? Why is Kristen pushing that peach pie on Abigail? Is it drugged? Sarah won't eat the whole thing? Where are the servants and the cook who are making this food? Kristen certainly wouldn't be baking pies.

• Love 8

This is NOT a spoiler.  I was just thinking of how this Craig and Nancy storyline could be worse and I think I know how it will be.  

It's all about the wig.

Craig's new love of his life, the boyfriend, whoever he might be, will show  up in Salem.  Hissy fits will be had, soup will be thrown, lips will be pursed, foreheads scrunched, much angst will be had by all.

And THEN, magic will happen.   Instead of singing mice making Nancy a new dress, Craig's new squeeze will do a makeover on Nancy, ditching said wig, glasses, Lane Bryant blouses and PRESTO!, a resolution will be found when Craig's new boyfriend will help Nancy find her beauty and a new man all at the same time!!

Stereotype COMPLETE!

And Show fades to black, due to deep and lasting embarrassment.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 20
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, boes said:

I think you mean Ciara is a Kiriakis, not a Brady.  Ciara has never been shy about going to Grampa Victor when she wants something.  God bless Vic for never ever liking Ben.

Yes. My mistake. I’ll fix it. Thanks. 

14 hours ago, boes said:

This isn't directed at you or Boes. I'm just using this as a jumping off point for something that's annoying me on the show, right now. I hate when the show uses a character's family history as a cheap and lazy replacement for actual characterization. 

Yesterday's episode has three great examples. 

1. Julie tells Johnny he's a Dimera for breaking into her house unannounced. 

2. Ben tells Ciara she's a Horton/Brady for whatever reason he did.

3. Abby saying she's a Dimera to Kristen to show how tough she is.

None of these are actual characterizations. Telling me what family you are from does not tell me anything about the actual character. If I was happier with the characterizations or I felt the show understood it's characters it wouldn't bother me. Unfortunately, I feel the show often uses family history to explain character actions instead of actually investing in the character to explain the character's actions.

A character's familial history means nothing if the show isn't going to give us individual character motivations to explain how that familial history fuels their actions.

12 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

If they wanted to have a coming out story I rather it have been Shawn/Belle tbh since the adult version lacks the spark the teen version did. 

To do this, the show would have to care about Shawn. They obviously do not.

To do this, someone on the show would have to care about Shawn. Belle obviously wants to cheat again. Ciara only cares about Cin. Claire only cares about Ciara. Jan is insane, so Shawn's sexual orientation won't stop her obsession.

Rafe and Eli are the only other people who consistently share scenes with Shawn. As long as it doesn't affect his (already embarrassing) job performance, they won't even notice the difference.

7 hours ago, boes said:

This is NOT a spoiler.  I was just thinking of how this Craig and Nancy storyline could be worse and I think I know how it will be.  

It's all about the wig.

Craig's new love of his life, the boyfriend, whoever he might be, will show  up in Salem.  Hissy fits will be had, soup will be thrown, lips will be pursed, foreheads scrunched, much angst will be had by all.

And THEN, magic will happen.   Instead of singing mice making Nancy a new dress, Craig's new squeeze will do a makeover on Nancy, ditching said wig, glasses, Lane Bryant blouses and PRESTO!, a resolution will be found when Craig's new boyfriend will help Nancy find her beauty and a new man all at the same time!!

Stereotype COMPLETE!

This might as well be a spoiler because this seems like the type of outdated late 90s/ early 00s writing Ron will offer to us as "groundbreaking" storytelling.

Is the Ben/Ciara apt a new set? The layout didn't seem familiar.

I've said this before, but why don't Ben/Ciara just move into the Bope set. The show doesn't care enough about Shelle to give them home scenes, so we can just be told they live there without actually seeing them. It makes sense for Cin to live there. They could repurpose Claire's room for Cin's bedroom. The living room set could be for when they have visitors. VK's Ciara has never come off as particular independent or wanting to prove her independence, so it's in character for her and Hope to let Cin live there in Hope's absence.

Nancy/Craig is embarrassing. The show should have let the actors ease into this storyline for a couple of weeks - realtime not showtime - so they could deliver better performances.

Weren't Craig and Marlena good friends. I wonder if they will share any scenes.

• Love 9
12 hours ago, Pearl said:

MM and LG are the worst actresses on the show and neither character is entertaining to watch. Marci just sleepwalks through her scenes with her monotone voice and expressionless face. She looks bored and stiff in every scene. LG shrieks her way through her scenes with her obnoxious baby voice and over the top antics. She was basically playing herself the last year she was on the show. Neither has family chemistry or outstanding romantic chemistry with their love interests. Chabby is boring and I don't care about Xarah. LG has also been a dud with Eric, Rex, and Philip. They both look dreadful most of the time. MM with her prairie dresses and LG with her crusty wigs and drawn on clown eyebrows.  Just all around terrible.

I'd be perfectly fine with everyone on the island being killed, including Kristen. They are all pretty useless.

If MM or LG are the worst actresses on the show, then Days is in serious trouble.

If I never see Deidre Hall or Susan Seaforth Hayes in another front burner storyline it will be too soon. And Judie Evans can be thrown in also if they decide to bring Bonnie back.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, boes said:

It's all about the wig.

Stereotype COMPLETE!

Well, it would explain the wig so you might be on to something.  You're probably closer to the mark than I was yesterday.  At one point (like before Craig said he'd always been into men and before Nancy's hissy fit) I was thinking it might go like this:

Craig's new man shows up in town and meets Nancy. He's just as turned on by her as her husband and isn't shy about it. Nancy thinks the new silver fox in town might be her rebound even though she still loves Craig. Craig feels torn between his new man and Nancy. When they all realize who each other are, Nancy lives happily ever after with 2 gorgeous bi men.  How Nancy's personality doesn't annoy the piss out of both of them, I can't explain. But hey, I can't explain how anyone else fits in the same room with Ciara's ego either, so there's that.

• LOL 7
1 hour ago, Sidney said:

If MM or LG are the worst actresses on the show, then Days is in serious trouble.

If I never see Deidre Hall or Susan Seaforth Hayes in another front burner storyline it will be too soon. And Judie Evans can be thrown in also if they decide to bring Bonnie back.

I have had my fill of Marlena and I say this as a Marlena fan.  She has been front-burner for years now and it is exhausting for me so it must be hell for those who hate her..

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Sidney said:

And Judie Evans can be thrown in also if they decide to bring Bonnie back.

This just reminded me: what the hell happened to Bonnie & Justin? It's been months since we last saw them and I honestly have no idea where they are. Did they ever marry? Did they get written off the show? Is Bonnie still prison? 

3 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

Is the Ben/Ciara apt a new set? The layout didn't seem familiar.

It's looks to be Charlie's old apartment (which also serves as Will & Sonny's AZ apartment when they make brief appearances). The tiny "kitchen" along the back wall looks just like Charlie's and the door next to the front door is in the same location too; except when it was Charlie's apartment that door led to the bathroom but for CIN's apartment it leads to the bedroom. I think they added an extra door to the left of the kitchen that wasn't there before but I don't think they said where it leads to for now. I'm just happy CIN will no longer be receiving visitors as they lay in bed, that was so damn tacky. 

Why did Kristen remove Steve's patch only to cover up the eye socket with a big old wrap? Should have saved herself the trouble and left the patch on. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
15 minutes ago, bunnyblue said:

This just reminded me: what the hell happened to Bonnie & Justin? It's been months since we last saw them and I honestly have no idea where they are. Did they ever marry? Did they get written off the show? Is Bonnie still prison? 

They got married and went off on an eternal honeymoon

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, FrankOFoley said:

When I first saw Sarah in that blown up wig and white dress she reminded me of Sigourney Weaver in Ghostbusters after she was possessed. (I'd like to attach a photo of SW but I'm too inept to do it).

Definite resemblance.

image.png.17377cce483268ece1bd17e9529b2f80.png

Also over on the DR site, they were saying Nancy looked like Mrs. Beazley.  😁

image.png.6ae0e8b154ceaeb2a88712a349dc4169.png

Edited by buffynut
  • LOL 20
14 minutes ago, CCTC said:

Think there is any chance of a Sarah recast with Sigourney Weaver?  I think she could bring a lot to the role.

What a great idea! Sending positive thoughts from your post to the casting gods ears. That would really give a jolt to the devil and ratings.

• LOL 1
4 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

Why did Kristen remove Steve's patch only to cover up the eye socket with a big old wrap? Should have saved herself the trouble and left the patch on. 

So Abigail could find it lol. Seriously though, I can't think of any good reason for her to do that.

• Love 9

Didn't Kristen promise Brady she would not kill anyone ever again? Is that why Abby is so certain that Kristen won't kill her? I really don't care - I am enjoying MM's portrayal of Abby and how Abby is handling this situation. She is finally acting more like her parents by investigating Sarah's disappearance and not giving up even though others are telling her she needs to. And no one should grovel to Kristen - she is not worth it.

Speculation, not spoiler - I think Sarah has been brainwashed into believing her baby is alive and in Salem but instead of a little girl, she had a little boy. This would keep Rachel safe in case Sarah escaped and also keep Sarah from leaving. She is keeping her child safe by staying where she is and she wouldn't want to lose another child.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Tripp oh no, don't propose to the lying cheat. Instead of stuck with her, he should be looking for his parents.

If anyone said let's skip winter go to Miami mansion. I'm all for it, Lani go.

Roman should call out his lying cheating grand daughter not Tripp. He's too good for her or to speak to Roman after how Roman treated him. 

Ben "He's a Dimera " Jake "So am I". No you're not Jake you don't know anything about being a Dimera or the family. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 5

I wouldn't mind spending the next 4-6 weeks in Miami.

Paulina, Lani only has so much vacation time. She probably can't afford an unpaid leave. Unless you cover her salary for two weeks. Chanel also has a bakery. Does she expect Allie to run it for her for another two weeks? Do they have baking staff? You may be able to fly down to your mansion any time you like, but others don't have that luxury.

Ooops to Chanel telling the strange dude that Lani is her sister and not cousin. Guess mom should have mentioned that a particular dude was in town.

Tripp, you are far too good for Allie. I can see you being excited about an insta-family and feeling guilt over what your unknown brother did. You may love little Henry and want to be a dad, but just maybe not with Allie. Go and find your mom and dad. If you do propose to Allie, have a long engagement. She may not be ready to marry you or want to - and just do it to do the right thing and settle for a boring guy that she finds convenient.

I liked Jake telling Ben his cross was upside down. I don't think you can hang anything like that in any apartment. Maybe on the door or inside. The apartment sure got furniture fast. After months of living in a bedroom where did it all come from? Ciara's family storage unit?

Gabi, you are messing with JDevil and not the real Johnny. Too bad no one thinks he is behaving oddly. Jake is not really a DiMera and now you know that he has zero plans to make you co-CEO or CEO of Titan. Johnny may have the better offer.

• Love 6

Gabi looked fabulous today.  Loved everything outfit, purse, jacket and hair    
   Ben and jake sure are gossipy.  
Tripp looked so cute and excited about proposing to Allie   I won’t enjoy seeing him have his heart broken   

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Ooops to Chanel telling the strange dude that Lani is her sister and not cousin. Guess mom should have mentioned that a particular dude was in town.

What person  tells someone, who they assume is a random stranger, their whole family history?  Why should he care who Lani is to Chanel?  I know he does, but that just seemed to be an exceptionally clunky way for TR to find out.  

And I agree with others, how on earth can Paulina think Chanel can run away AGAIN so soon after just getting back.  Apparently the bakery must just run itself. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Jake is not really a DiMera and now you know that he has zero plans to make you co-CEO or CEO of Titan. Johnny may have the better offer.

I'm wondering if that really wasn't Jake talking to Maggie because I'm not sure he would throw Gabi under the bus. And with JDevil taking on different bodies, it's really hard to tell sometimes.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3