Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Lol at Jack saying how Xander roped poor innocent Gwen into the drug business. Because Gwen is so innocent.

Jack looks like a dumb chump. Julie got it all right and is so much smarter.

Why does EJ care so much  for just a million back? And if has so much power with judges it's funny he let Sami sit in jail so long for Charlie's murder.

• Love 8
Just now, Artsda said:

Lol at Jack saying how Xander roped poor innocent Gwen into the drug business. Because Gwen is so innocent.

Jack looks like a dumb chump. Julie got it all right and is so much smarter.

Why does EJ care so much  for just a million back? And if has so much power with judges it's funny he let Sami sit in jail so long for Charlie's murder.

Jack being an idiot is just another plot driven mess that Ron has written in order to put his precious Gwen on a pedestal.  Over the years, Jack has been written as a buffoon, weak, a coward a deadbeat and now he is an idiot.  Thanks Ron for joining the brigade of past mediocre  writers like you who just don't have the talent to write for a character like Jack..

I can't even look at Jack anymore and it is all because of that degenerate Gwen.  All of my favorite men on the show always get saddled with a character that makes them unlikeable.  Bo was saddled for years with that pathetic drip Billie.

• Love 7

EJ and Xander had some good lines today. Xandy telling EJ that the last time he saw him he was vegetable-like. EJ going on about Justin losing every case. And Clyde Weston hunting possums. Guess Xandy is back at the newly reopened Salem Inn. Guess EJ is cheap and he wants his money back.

Jack, you are indeed being a chump in terms of siding with your 'daughter'. Julie is right.

How long are they going to keep Allie from finding out that her brother is interested in Chanel?

Giovanni isn't a common name.

Found the honeymooners a bit boring.

No idea if Allie is in to Tripp or he is just handy and a distraction.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

EJ and Xander had some good lines today. Xandy telling EJ that the last time he saw him he was vegetable-like. EJ going on about Justin losing every case. And Clyde Weston hunting possums. Guess Xandy is back at the newly reopened Salem Inn. Guess EJ is cheap and he wants his money back.

Jack, you are indeed being a chump in terms of siding with your 'daughter'. Julie is right.

How long are they going to keep Allie from finding out that her brother is interested in Chanel?

Giovanni isn't a common name.

Found the honeymooners a bit boring.

No idea if Allie is in to Tripp or he is just handy and a distraction.

This is exactly how I felt about today's episode except I didn't find the honeymooners a bit boring, I found them a LOT boring.  I get that they want to have "love" (OK sex) scenes but I find people sitting around kissing and saying over and over "Our LOVE is epic.  We are so in love.  No one has ever been more in love than us." REALLY boring.  And the whole "We are so in love we even have the same actual dreams" thing is just beyond stupid.  Has anyone, ever, tried to claim this actually happened.

And what is the point of Allie not knowing Johnny and Chanel are interested in each other?  Is there some plot this is supposed to be moving along?

• Love 10

Ciara/Ben: Hard pass.

Jack defending Gwen: MEGA hard pass.

Wake me if Ben/Ciara disappear and/or Gwen mercifully dies. I HATE HER, especially for ruining Jack. Useless wench. Can Ben have a bad allergic reaction to ANYTHING and temporarily resume his murdering pastime? I would talk nice about him for an hour (hey, let's not be greedy!) if he rid the world of the Gwen Fungus.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
49 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

This is exactly how I felt about today's episode except I didn't find the honeymooners a bit boring, I found them a LOT boring.  I get that they want to have "love" (OK sex) scenes but I find people sitting around kissing and saying over and over "Our LOVE is epic.  We are so in love.  No one has ever been more in love than us." REALLY boring.  And the whole "We are so in love we even have the same actual dreams" thing is just beyond stupid.  Has anyone, ever, tried to claim this actually happened.

And what is the point of Allie not knowing Johnny and Chanel are interested in each other?  Is there some plot this is supposed to be moving along?

Thank you! The insistence on writing the worst drivel imaginable for Cin just makes them even more intolerable than I already find them.

And Show? STFU about them having a baby named Bo Weston...NO!

I'm actually enjoying the build-up to Allie realizing Johnny is into Chanel. Firstly, the actor is doing well in his scenes (FINALLY a good young hire!), and he's already got an interesting pairing going (really enjoying Chanel 2.0), and on top of that...this is a classic soap slow reveal introduction. Its nice to see DOOL pull off the basics like that.

Plus, this is new territory - a bisexual love square!? - so I have no idea how it will play out for a change and I'm enjoying the ride.

The Gwen and Jack stuff is so...bleh. No, you dimwitted bozos - you two don't love each other. Jack feels guilty and Gwen feels...actually, I have no clue. They could still go either way with her. She's like what Ben initially was. Maybe evil, maybe not.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 10
11 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Jack being an idiot is just another plot driven mess that Ron has written in order to put his precious Gwen on a pedestal.  Over the years, Jack has been written as a buffoon, weak, a coward a deadbeat and now he is an idiot.  Thanks Ron for joining the brigade of past mediocre  writers like you who just don't have the talent to write for a character like Jack..

I can't even look at Jack anymore and it is all because of that degenerate Gwen.  All of my favorite men on the show always get saddled with a character that makes them unlikeable.  Bo was saddled for years with that pathetic drip Billie.

I agree about Jack, and don’t really care about Gwen..except when peeps are defending perfect Abigail over Gwen. True..she is his daughter from birth, but it was Laura who hid the whole thing. So , no, I can’t blame Gwen because Jack is such a delirious f’ing  idiot .

I liked  the 1st Billie..but not with Bo.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Couldn’t agree more about CIN..BUT THEY’RE SOOO SOOO CONNECTED!! And phew..he saved the shirt he gave her cuz or smells like her..umm how long has she been gone?? Gross!

Moving on..Allie..the only plot there is she is so stupid and dim ..but mainly such a very very bad friend. She has Sami’s narcissistic trait and really only cares about herself . No interest whatsoever in her “bestie”, even though she gave her a JOB!. I cannot wait for her to find out Chanel and Johnny!! Poor Trippy!

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

Couldn’t agree more about CIN..BUT THEY’RE SOOO SOOO CONNECTED!! And phew..he saved the shirt he gave her cuz or smells like her..umm how long has she been gone?? Gross!!

Hmmmm......smells like Ciara......

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47z47t9zhsy2nnhlk2yu

• LOL 10
19 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Antonio and yes I actually thought Antonio/Gabi were hot I was kind of hoping he would leave the priesthood for her. 

Yes - that was his name - Antonio! (thank you) And I too agree that he was smoking hot! hot! hot! with Gabi. In fact, didn't Gabi marry Ricardo only because she felt sorry and guilty about something involving him? I was bummed Antonio and Gabi didn't end up together.

I disagree about Lucas accepting Sami sure he knows who he's dealing with but he had issues with her schemes etc like EJ.

I think the only person that truly accepted her was Brandon and he only left her largely because of the paternity switch with Theo.

19 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I actually think EJ accepted Sami as she was even more so than Lucas and Brandon.  

😊  It's good we can agree to disagree without a flame war erupting. No harm in different folks having differing opinions...

13 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I'm actually enjoying the build-up to Allie realizing Johnny is into Chanel. Firstly, the actor is doing well in his scenes (FINALLY a good young hire!), and he's already got an interesting pairing going (really enjoying Chanel 2.0), and on top of that...this is a classic soap slow reveal introduction. Its nice to see DOOL pull off the basics like that.

Plus, this is new territory - a bisexual love square!? - so I have no idea how it will play out for a change and I'm enjoying the ride.

ITA to all this, esp. the bolded. Because this is something we haven't seen before, I'm inclined to be patient.

Edited by norcalgal
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

Couldn’t agree more about CIN..BUT THEY’RE SOOO SOOO CONNECTED!! And phew..he saved the shirt he gave her cuz or smells like her..umm how long has she been gone?? Gross!

We would do that for our dogs.  It’s the only way they would sleep on a new bed. 

Can Big Momma go around Salem and tell everyone what’s wrong with them ?

• LOL 8

I wonder how Paulina and Abe's relationship is going to be when the story of Lani's parentage comes out.

Damn, Gwen is going to pass out with all of that panting she's doing while kissing Xander.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, RedElf said:

I wonder how Paulina and Abe's relationship is going to be when the story of Lani's parentage comes out.

Yep - one person loses a daughter, while the other gains a daughter. But emotionally, I guess Lani will still feel like Abe's her father...

• Love 4

I know Tripp may not be much of a character but I still like him more than Allie.

I think its hilarious that Olivia is appalled by Abe/Paulina because of Tamara clearly she hasn't been in Salem long. Nor does she know all the Horton men Lani hooked up with..

If anyone should have a child named after Bo it should be Shawn/Belle having a late in life baby at least Bo approved of that relationship.  I say this as someone who doesn't care for Shelle but it would at least be preferable compared to Cin.

• Love 12

Please don't go back to Florida, Olivia!  We need you!  Don't mind me and my little tantrum that Marla Gibbs isn't sticking around.  I love her snark!  

I like the idea of Gwen and Xander but today I felt that brother/sister chemistry that some of you have talked about more than I have in their past scenes.  

I'm still not on the Chanel/Allie/Tripp bandwagon, mostly because I think it's a waste of Chanel's time but I liked Allie revealing to Marlena that she felt like she needed to resolve her feeling for Chanel and say "I love you" to Tripp.  Almost like she feels pressure to conform to a model of a traditional family.  

Carson Boatman continues to impress me as Johnnie.  

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

If anyone should have a child named after Bo it should be Shawn/Belle having a late in life baby at least Bo approved of that relationship.  I say this as someone who doesn't care for Shelle but it would at least be preferable compared to Cin.

No one should name their child after Bo because it is a horrible despite belonging to an awesome character.

Johnny continues to be my favorite of Sami's kids.

• Love 7
51 minutes ago, nilyank said:

No one should name their child after Bo because it is a horrible despite belonging to an awesome character.

Johnny continues to be my favorite of Sami's kids.

I always wanted Steve and Kayla to have named Joey after Marcus and Bo. 

Johnny is awesome but I expect Ron to ruin him..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 8

Lani and Eli have bigger dolls! I actually saw part of one!

Too bad Grandma is going back to Florida. I will miss Marla Gibbs. She gives such good snark.

Is EJ funding Xander's new stay at the Salem Inn? Didn't find him and Gwen all that hot or interesting. She should come clean and get rid of some of the guilt. I did get Xander realizing she'd lose her father and he'd just lose a friend for a bit.

Johnny still continues to be interesting. Bringing Chanel to the mansion? And actually talking about birth control?

Tripp, Allie is a bit dim. You can do better than her. She does need to deal with her feelings for Chanel and explore that before she can be with you. She can love the both of you in her own way. At least she talked to Grandma about it. Sometimes someone does say 'i love you' and the other person takes time to reciprocate. No need to have a mutal admission.

Paulina, at some point you will need to untangle the web you've weaved.

• Love 9
43 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Paulina, at some point you will need to untangle the web you've weaved.

Well, since she JUST declared that she's going to take her secret to the grave, we all know it's going to come out really soon and in a very messy way.  I just hope we don't have to endure weeks or months of her running around talking out loud to herself about how no one can know her secret, and someone - probably Lani, Abe or Eli - overhearing and questioning her about it.  She'll then make up increasingly lame lies.  At the end everyone will tell her they're really mad at her because she lied again - even though they may or may not have been OK with the information in the first place.

I was struck today by how Lani thinks she just has a right to ask Olivia what she wanted to talk to Paulina about - like it's her business.  And rather than TELL her it was none of her business Olivia answered the question.  Granted she wasn't 100% truthful but I couldn't get over the fact she thought she needed to answer her at all.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, DaphneCat said:

Well, since she JUST declared that she's going to take her secret to the grave, we all know it's going to come out really soon and in a very messy way.  I just hope we don't have to endure weeks or months of her running around talking out loud to herself about how no one can know her secret, and someone - probably Lani, Abe or Eli - overhearing and questioning her about it.  She'll then make up increasingly lame lies.  At the end everyone will tell her they're really mad at her because she lied again - even though they may or may not have been OK with the information in the first place.

I was struck today by how Lani thinks she just has a right to ask Olivia what she wanted to talk to Paulina about - like it's her business.  And rather than TELL her it was none of her business Olivia answered the question.  Granted she wasn't 100% truthful but I couldn't get over the fact she thought she needed to answer her at all.

They could always pull one of the twins needing bone marrow or something and one of the DiMera clan would be a donor. Something like that.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

I'm still not on the Chanel/Allie/Tripp bandwagon, mostly because I think it's a waste of Chanel's time but I liked Allie revealing to Marlena that she felt like she needed to resolve her feeling for Chanel and say "I love you" to Tripp.  Almost like she feels pressure to conform to a model of a traditional family.  

14 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

an do better than her. She does need to deal with her feelings for Chanel and explore that before she can be with you. She can love the both of you in her own way. At least she talked to Grandma about it. Sometimes someone does say 'i love you' and the other person takes time to reciprocate. No need to have a mutal admission.

Color me surprised about the conversation between Allie & Grandma Marlena. It was mature and self-aware. 

• Love 9

A lot of truth telling today.  
Roman with Nicole.  Ava with Rafe.   Kate in her way with Phillip.   
  I think chloe enjoys toying with Philip and Brady.  
  Still not clear why Parker does not live with his mom.  

• Love 7
2 hours ago, tribeca said:

A lot of truth telling today.  
Roman with Nicole.  Ava with Rafe.   Kate in her way with Phillip.   
  Still not clear why Parker does not live with his mom.  

Botox overdoses scare him?

2 hours ago, norcalgal said:

Color me surprised about the conversation between Allie & Grandma Marlena. It was mature and self-aware. 

That must be some imposter in an Allie mask, then.  

• LOL 13
19 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Please don't go back to Florida, Olivia!  We need you!  Don't mind me and my little tantrum that Marla Gibbs isn't sticking around.  I love her snark!  

I like the idea of Gwen and Xander but today I felt that brother/sister chemistry that some of you have talked about more than I have in their past scenes.  

Carson Boatman continues to impress me as Johnnie.  

After a long break from the show, I tune into some of the recent episodes for Gwen and Xander (somebody told me they were good). I have to admit it's an improvement from Xander/Sarah despite TPTBs' tactless efforts to redeem Gwen. Emily O'Brien is  more sophisticated and adaptable as an actor. She really does such a good job of bringing different aspect to Gwen which makes the character more sympathetic and less one dimensional; I also notice that PT appears to be more expressive when he's in scenes with EOB. Yeah unfortunately the downside of Gwen/Xander is that TPTBs never really paid attention to their romantic interactions, but PT and EOB being more compatible acting-wise  make this pairing more endurable. 

P.S. please no more "softcorn sex" with Ben/Caira.

Edited by Guest

Is this the end of Rava? I hope so.

Really being an asshole, Roman.

Eric wasn't good enough for Nicole.  He left her alone for months at a time while doing his saint thing.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, RedElf said:

Is this the end of Rava? I hope so.

I really don't get Rafe.  Ava gave him an out. It's not like he has deep, abiding love for Ava - she's just convenient. Why doesn't Rafe slowly ease his way out of his relationship with Ava by running with the opening she gave him?  

Rafe could say to Ava: since Eric's been gone, I've been Nicole confidante and sounding board. I guess all this time I've been spending with her has made me confused (Narrator: he's not confused - we saw his fantasies involving Nicole, and Rafe told Eli about his feelings). You're right - I do need to sort out my feelings. 

There, mature and respectful and it gets Rafe to end things with Ava without shenanigans. Instead, he's dying on the hill of "Nicole is only my friend" blah blah blah!  Even if Rafe never acts on his feelings for Nicole, at least he can end his relationship with Ava with some grace.

• Love 11

OMG, did the stylist for Ava quit the show? She looked like a meth addict with a bad case of bed-head today! The one thing I picked up from Rafe today is he did nothing to encourage Ava that he had deep feelings for HER. All he did was defend his interactions with Nicole. Always a warning sign.

Edited by Julyolo
Addition
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, norcalgal said:

I really don't get Rafe.  Ava gave him an out. It's not like he has deep, abiding love for Ava - she's just convenient. Why doesn't Rafe slowly ease his way out of his relationship with Ava by running with the opening she gave him?  

Rafe could say to Ava: since Eric's been gone, I've been Nicole confidante and sounding board. I guess all this time I've been spending with her has made me confused (Narrator: he's not confused - we saw his fantasies involving Nicole, and Rafe told Eli about his feelings). You're right - I do need to sort out my feelings. 

There, mature and respectful and it gets Rafe to end things with Ava without shenanigans. Instead, he's dying on the hill of "Nicole is only my friend" blah blah blah!  Even if Rafe never acts on his feelings for Nicole, at least he can end his relationship with Ava with some grace.

It's a sad day in Salem, the Town Brains Forgot, when it's Ava I feel sorry for.

Nicole just got rid of one boring, sanctimonious judgemental prig so what's she doing shopping for another one?

I thought Ava and Rafe were perfect for each other. Finally she would pay for her crimes by being slowly and agonizingly punished by being bored to death by him.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 6
  • Love 7
14 minutes ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Could Roman have been a bigger ass to Nicole today? 

I agree. I did wonder, though, if he was thinking of when Marlena cheated on him with John. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 5

Well I could see Roman tying it into how he felt betrayed over Jarlena but that would require Jarlena being portrayed in a negative light and giving Roman a nuanced POV but that's not going to happen. 

Or if the issue was that she chose Xander of all people after all he's done to Eric that I would understand.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Could Roman have been a bigger ass to Nicole today? 

She did hurt his son. I don't know any parent that would be nice to somebody that hurt their child.. I am team Roman here.. Plus, Roman got cheated on and made to look like a fool so he knows exactly what his son is going through.

I remember Papa Shawn lambasting John for hurting Roman.. What Roman said to Nicole was nothing compared to that tongue lashing that John got.. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 7
12 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

She did hurt his son. I don't know any parent that would be nice to somebody that hurt their child.. I am team Roman here..

I remember Papa Shawn lambasting John for hurting Roman.. What Roman said to Nicole was nothing compared to that tongue lashing that John got..

The thing is, Nicole was already kicking herself over what she did to Eric. Roman didn’t need to pile on. Roman talking like Eric was some saint and didn’t contribute to the decline of his marriage was wrong too. 

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

The thing is, Nicole was already kicking herself over what she did to Eric. Roman didn’t need to pile on. Roman talking like Eric was some saint and didn’t contribute to the decline of his marriage was wrong too. 

True but he is not looking at the situation objectively because Eric is his son.. He is acting on instinct, protecting and defending his child, full stop.. He does not have to be considerate to her feelings since she obviously did not care about Eric's when she slept with Xander.. A man who caused Eric nothing but heartache..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 8

Philip, your mom is right about Jake being a possible Trojan Horse who is going to work with the ruthless Gabi to take control of the company.

Gabi, you may not like Ava but she is a guest in your brother's and your home. He invited her to stay. Don't like it? Find another home.

Ava was kinda churning today. No breakfast, no anything. Yeah, Rafe is Nicole's friend. He has been her only real support system since Eric went off to save the good folks in Africa. Instead of dancing around, say that to her. If you are Nicole's friend, you know that she has few people to lean on. What did you do for her, Ava? 

Roman, Eric is your son but he is also a middle aged man. I can see you blaming Nicole for everything because that's what everyone does. Eric knew Nicole, he knew all her bad behavior, he knew about all her mistakes, he knew that she would have a tough time being on her own. He still married her knowing exactly what he was getting. Did he think about Nicole while off in the wilds of Africa and wondered how she was doing when he was away for her for almost a year? Did he call his mom or dad to check on his wife, maybe have her over for lunch or meet for coffee or something? He never thought of how hard it was for her to take care of Holly, give a space for Allie and Henry, have a job, etc.?

Nicole wasn't the only one in the marriage. Eric does need to take some responsibility for his actions or inactions. He seemed to be more concerned about being a savior than having an adult relationship with his wife. Nicole has been beating herself up since her one night stand. Roman, ask Sami about her actions, how much she paid Xander for him to tell-all at the party. And look at yourself.

Brady, you probably do have ulterior motives for going out of town with Chloe. Surely the meeting could happen over Zoom.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, norcalgal said:

THIS! Gah, this is so stupid. It's like Jake/Kate all over again. Kate telling him over and over she knew he had feelings for Gabi but Jake would either outright deny it or downplay it. It got to the point where Jake make Kate feel like she was in the wrong for daring to question his love for her. 

Here, like you said, Rafe isn't in love with Ava. They haven't been together that long. I'm sure he cares for her and would feel bad hurting her, but she's giving him an out and he just keeps denying it and making it seem like she's being unreasonable. It would be one thing if he didn't realize his feelings for Nicole, but he does. Again, like you said, even if Rafe thinks it's too soon after her divorce and he can't take a chance on Nicole, doesn't mean he should keep Ava as his back-up in case of emergency girlfriend. At least be honest and admit your feelings.

52 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

She did hurt his son. I don't know any parent that would be nice to somebody that hurt their child.. I am team Roman here.. Plus, Roman got cheated on and made to look like a fool so he knows exactly what his son is going through.

36 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

True but he is not looking at the situation objectively because Eric is his son.. He is acting on instinct, protecting and defending his child, full stop.. He does not have to be considerate to her feelings since she obviously did not care about Eric's when she slept with Xander.. A man who caused Eric nothing but heartache..

Exactly! I'm team Roman as well. For one thing, I'm actually glad that someone is actually acting in a realistic manner and holding a proper grudge. Way too many times on this show people bend over backwards to forgive or downplay stuff. It still gives me a rage blackout how Sonny and Will forgave Victor after letting Will rot in prison. Victor basically got no blowback for that whatsoever. I'm pretty sure (maybe I'm forgetting a few scenes) that Sarah and Nicole got off pretty light when it was found out that they lied to Eric about his and Sarah's daughter. I think Tripp forgave Allie way too easily over the hell she put him through for months. Let's not forget everyone's favorite serial killer Ben and how much of his victim's family (and even someone he almost murdered) bent over backwards to act like he was a born-again Saint and acted like giddy weirdos at his weddings.

Also, yes, the way the actor played it, felt like he was speaking from painful experience. But most of all, Eric is his son. Of course, he should be pissed off at someone who hurt him that badly. Not to mention, this seemed to be the first time he saw Nicole after what happened at the party, so of course his feelings might be a little more raw. 

38 minutes ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Actually, he didn't act like Eric did no wrong. Yes, he thinks his son is an amazing person, but he did acknowledge that Eric made mistakes. It doesn't mean that he's going to condone someone hurting him, and to add insult to injury, that his son had to find out in such a humiliating fashion.

39 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Roman was the worst. Let's see if he treats Lucas or Sami to the same. He's probably going to give a double standard that Sami is justified.

I realize that Sami and Nicole both cheated on their husband's - but in one case, the cheated on was his kid, in the other the cheater was his kid. He didn't yell at Nicole because he thinks adultery is a mortal sin and took issue with that. In that case, yeah, maybe a double standard if he didn't yell at Sami or Lucas. But, his anger mostly came from someone hurting his kid. EJ's not his child. Why would he care if he got his feelings hurt? I thought it was ridiculous the other day that John and Marlena were wringing their hands over EJ and Sami's marriage. All of them - Roman included - should be elated their daughter's marriage to her rapist hit the skids.

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Nicole wasn't the only one in the marriage. Eric does need to take some responsibility for his actions or inactions. He seemed to be more concerned about being a savior than having an adult relationship with his wife. Nicole has been beating herself up since her one night stand. Roman, ask Sami about her actions, how much she paid Xander for him to tell-all at the party. And look at yourself.

Eric already took responsibility for his part in his marriage's problems - something Belle reiterated the other day. It doesn't mean Nicole is blameless or that Roman doesn't have a right to be pissed at what she did. And, today, Roman acknowledged it wouldn't surprise him if Sami paid Xander off. Given that Sami gets yelled at by her family a lot (something I think is justified most of the time and certainly would be in this case) I would expect him to yell at Sami about that. Problem is Sami is off being kidnapped right now and can't be taken to task by anyone. Probably by the time she gets back, it won't come up, especially if she's been through an ordeal.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
41 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I realize that Sami and Nicole both cheated on their husband's - but in one case, the cheated on was his kid, in the other the cheater was his kid. He didn't yell at Nicole because he thinks adultery is a mortal sin and took issue with that. In that case, yeah, maybe a double standard if he didn't yell at Sami or Lucas. But, his anger mostly came from someone hurting his kid. EJ's not his child. Why would he care if he got his feelings hurt? I thought it was ridiculous the other day that John and Marlena were wringing their hands over EJ and Sami's marriage. All of them - Roman included - should be elated their daughter's marriage to her rapist hit the skids.

I would add that when EJ cheated on Sami with whatherface, Roman was pissed at EJ and understood why Sami went on revenge mode on EJ. When Roman found out that Sami forgave EJ, Sami and Roman has a conversation about cheating and forgiveness. About what Roman would have done if he allowed himself to forgive Marlena for what she did and actually tried to remain married with Marlena. Rather than getting the divorce and going on ISA secret mission.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I thought it was ridiculous the other day that John and Marlena were wringing their hands over EJ and Sami's marriage. All of them - Roman included - should be elated their daughter's marriage to her rapist hit the skids.

I read those scenes as them being concerned for Sami’s mental well-being, as Sami has spent years looking for EJ and nursing him back to health.  They know Sami well enough to realize that a break-up isn’t going to sit well with her.  Why would they be elated that their daughter may experience some degree of heartbreak?

Rafe is an idiot, so it’s not totally surprising that he didn’t take Ava up on her open invitation to end their relationship.  And while I kept hoping for Ava to do something awful, I did appreciate that the characters were allowed to have an adult conversation. 

I loved Kate going to Philip and trying to talk some sense into him.  

And even Chloe got to use her brain and question Brady’s motivation.

Today was a good day for realistic character interactions.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

It doesn't mean that he's going to condone someone hurting him, and to add insult to injury, that his son had to find out in such a humiliating fashion.

Problem is that his son would have never been humiliated if not for his daughter. Doesn't mean his son wouldn't have been hurt eventually because we all know that Sami is like a dog with a bone.

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

And even Chloe got to use her brain and question Brady’s motivation.

Especially since he started the conversation by saying "I'm going to whisk you away."  NO ONE would ever say that about a business trip.  They would only say it about  a personal trip.

12 hours ago, tribeca said:

Yup.  She does.  She really gets off on the idea that she is so irresistible she has two men fighting over her.

• Love 5

I like the idea that Chloe enjoys Phillip and Brady fighting over her. I don't think they're really presenting it that way but they should lol.

Roman was a dick but it does make sense on several different levels why he would feel that way.

I am SO over Gabi/Jake and Jake in general. Although I did like it when he asked about breakfast and then threw a granola bar at Rafe lol.

I really wish they'd let Phillip get a win. 

• Love 9

So many great points made her about yesterday episode.   Rafe is dim but he has a sure thing with Ava even if he has feelings for Nicole.   That’s why he did not take the out she gave him. 
   I do agree that Roman was a papa bear and projecting.  It actually was a good insight into his character.   Nicole cheated and is told how awful it is.   Romans wife cheated and he constantly gets to see them and hear what a great love they have for each other.  That has to hurt.   

• Love 4

I'm supposed to believe that Victor trashed the living room and threw food all over the place upon learning that Justin's marrying Bonnie. Victor?? The 80-something old man who can barely stand, now has Hulk-like strength to overturn furniture. I know John Aniston hasn't been on set in a long time and therefore the show had to improvise. But I think they went overboard with "Victor's" reaction and it was totally unbelievable.

Can someone remind me why Gabi hates Ava so much. She's being downright nasty to her brother's girlfriend and I'm trying to remember if there's some history between the 2 women.

Edited by bunnyblue
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, bunnyblue said:

I'm supposed to believe that Victor trashed the living room and threw food all over the place upon learning that Justin's marrying Bonnie. Victor?? The 80-something old man who can barely stand, now has Hulk-like strength to overturn furniture. I know John Aniston hasn't been on set in a long time and therefore the show had to improvise. But I think they went overboard with "Victor's" reaction and it was totally unbelievable.

Can someone remind me why Gabi hates Ava so much. She's being downright nasty to her brother's girlfriend and I'm trying to remember if there's some history between the 2 women.

Right? Just having food on Bonnie would have made the point. The overturned lamp was a bit much.

I think Gabi is just being a shit disturber. AFAIK, there's no history, other than Ava once ate the last bagel or something.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, bunnyblue said:

Can someone remind me why Gabi hates Ava so much. 

Because Ava sucks?

53 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Gabi just bored.  You would be too if you were dating Jake.  

Also this lol.

Honestly, I fast forwarded almost this whole episode. Just wasn't feeling it today.

• Love 3