Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Imagine dying at the hands of the human embodiment of room temperature tap water in a bad wig. 

What a way with words!

I was rolling over Lani seemingly not giving one shit that she shot Stefan and blood was shooting out of his neck. Like, damn girl!

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

Wow - Ms. Lani sure had a busy day, didn't she? First, filling in for the Police Commissioner (Chief of Police - whatever), which I don't think is a simple, "Hey, take my shift today" type of appointment; then she had to interview and then investigate loony Jordan trying to kill Ciara (again); then, thanks to Marlena, she found Vivian in her stealth disguise and tried to get her to drop her weapon - all by her little old self! No wonder she was too exhausted to react to possibly shooting Stefan. If there is back up coming,  I am sure they are just responding to Vivian's screams, not Lani. Also, I think it is going to look initially like Lani shot Stefan, but I am guessing it will turn out to be from Vivian's gun. As has been said, Viv isn't too good of a shooter.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

I liked the Brady/Kristen scenes, especially at the end. I thought Kristen happily looking at baby names contrasting with Brady’s disbelief at the bottom of the stairs was poignant. I hope Marlena gets more involved with the story, especially if there is a custody battle.

• Love 4

I find it gross that Brady got slapped by his rapist... as if Kristen is somehow the wronged party here. 

Don't really care about the Stabi stuff this is Days I doubt Stefan is really dead. While its nice the show is giving Eli/Lani a story(at least appears to be one) they didn't build it up enough to make it seem worthwhile(course that could be said about all the storylines on the show).

• Love 5

What is going on with Jordans face?  Did the actress have work done because its so distracting?

They are playing this Xander stuff all wrong.   Don't these writers watch the classic soaps?  The bad guy shouldn't be so open with his feelings.   This pathetic Xander falling all over Sarah is not fun to watch. Ugh. 

Edited by SnK
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, SnK said:

What is going on with Jordans face?  Did the actress have work done because its so distracting?

They are playing this Xander stuff all wrong.   Don't these writers watch the classic soaps?  The bad guy shouldn't be so open with his feelings.   This pathetic Xander falling all over Sarah is not fun to watch. Ugh. 

This show does it with every promising bad boy they neuter him to the point where you're glad they are leaving the show. I'm sure had BB's version of Stefan stuck around long enough he would've shared the same fate. TC's version was there with the DID storyline.

Yes I think CS had bad plastic surgery she didn't need it either. 

• Love 2

Xander as bad guy or grey guy is far too sweet with Sarah Horton. Too nice and it's head-scratchingly so. Granted, nice dudes don't fare too well on the show.

All Lani had to do was go to Jordan's car to see if had been used recently. The car would be warm. Unless she made a mad dash to the rental agency to return it and then Uber it back to Rafe's house, along with the kid. Who else would want to run down Ciara? Chase - that he escaped from wherever? No sign of anyone she goes to college with since we don't see anyone from college or her actually going to class. Maybe she's already graduated?

So Vivian can wear a cape and go all around town looking all Halloween-like?

Kristen is probably a few weeks along and she's already picking out baby names while Brady is in a state of disbelief? How is Marlena involved in this?

Stefan sure was graphic at the end. I don't think Lani shot him. Vivian is being telegraphed at someone who doesn't know how to use a gun well and she probably did it.

• Love 3

Calling it now. Kristen will name the baby Braden.

@Frozendiva Jordan doesn’t have a car.  Not that it matters. Ben and Ciara couldn’t remember the make or color of the car or describe the driver. Talk about a flimsy investigation. Maybe she used an Uber who was caught surprise with her requests. giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f299bb899a3c9ef53c1c7People drive like crazy MFers tho sometimes. I’ve been almost hit in parking lots and crosswalks before, once when walking George an asshole saw me halfway through the crosswalk and still gunned it. 

I rewatched the show. It’s possible it was Vivian who shot Stefan. But still Lani should have looked upset or shocked he got hit. Or wig flown off.  

Jordan made two main entrees as the meal and had them in the oven. One was mushroom risotto which isn’t prepared in an oven A and B if was being warmed in the oven would dry it out. 

If  Stefan dies that means Gabi would be sole owner of DiMera and the mansion? Maybe she could give Sonny a job and finally fire that entitled prick Ben. I guess there’s a bright side to everything. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

This show does it with every promising bad boy they neuter him to the point where you're glad they are leaving the show.

Were you glad when Patch left the show?

NOTE: I know the actor technically didn't leave, but for all intents & purposes, Patch is gone.

• Love 1

grubhub  probably delivered Jordan’s food.  

Maybe Ben is setting Jordan up or maybe the chowder just upset someone’s belly and they speed off to get home.   

@boes where were you at the time ?

Lani really needed to stay alert .  Vivian still had a gun.  That’s what I will go with for her no reaction.  otherwise she is just cold fish  and my sweet Eli doesn’t deserve a cold fish.  

Sarah how else would Xander make bacon besides fried?  Sarah’s pregnancy is making her weird  

Eric wasn’t on today but I am sure he is still pretty.

Edited by tribeca
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

Ugh, I am so tired of scenes of Xander watching over Sarah sleep. It's just too freaking repetitive and creepy. Even if they were an actual couple, it would still be creepy. And, if that make me a sandwich scene is the kind of cutesy bullshit we can "look forward to" when they're a couple then I say, HARD PASS.

Another ugh for those Stefan/Gabi scenes. "We wasted so much time hating each other." Yeah, I mean he only set you up for a murder you didn't commit with no remorse whatsoever. What's to hate? None of this over the top "love of my life, happiest I've ever been" stuff with them feels at all earned. They had a couple of bonding scenes, but mostly it was just hate sex and suddenly it's true love. I'm not going to feel sorry for either one of them if he dies. Stefan is still an unremorseful rapist. I guess it's cold that Lani had no reaction to shooting him, but I wouldn't be the sad about shooting him either especially since he got shot in the midst of covering up for his deranged mother and he idiotically dove in front of the gun. Why not just push Vivian out of the way. Stefan's dive was hilarious.

Ciara's outfit was so weird and off for going to visit your dying grandmother.

• Love 9

I'm assuming since regular death means n othing on this show, brain death will mean nothing and Stefan will just sit up in a couple of days and start walking and talking.  sigh.

I haven't watched in  months, so good to see J&J back together.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I'm assuming since regular death means nothing on this show, brain death will mean nothing and Stefan will just sit up in a couple of days and start walking and talking.  sigh.

If brain death meant anything in Salem, it would be a ghost town.

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Ciara's outfit was so weird and off for going to visit your dying grandmother.

Hey, if your dying step-grandmother is also your aunt, you could come to the hospital dressed up as Oscar the Grouch, complete with trash-can lid hat, and still not be the weirdest thing in the room. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

Didn't it look like Lani was covered with finger paint? Couldn't the show even spring for "real" fake blood? Same with Stefan - that was not the consistency of blood. And I did have to laugh when they wheeled Stefan into the regular floor past the desk. That wasn't an ER! But, good thing that Kayla was there to go from being a cardiologist to a trauma dr! What a busy week she has had!

I do hope this signals the end/departure of Eve. But, not happy that it looks like Vivian is going to escape.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9

Jeez, does anybody really  think that Julie is going to die?  These scenes were just manipulative.

I loved Robin Strasser on OLTL, but she's really OTT in these scenes today.

Yes, thank you, I was thinking all along about how Abe and Lani were sooooo unforgiving when JJ shot Theo.

Hey, they actually shocked Stefan on his skin instead of through his clothes!

So is Vivian going to shoot Doctor Rolf's serum into Stefan?

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

The Gabi and Stefan relationship all happened way too quick for my taste so I dont buy how torn up Gabi is.    It's also weird that a few weeks ago viewers hated Stefan for raping Abby but that is all forgotten now. 

• Love 13

Gabi being sure to let Lani know that she'd be dealing with her later filled my heart with glee.  My queen should ABF - Always Be Feuding.  And again, there's a base for a feud here, there's already bad blood.

• Love 11
19 hours ago, MsTree said:

Were you glad when Patch left the show?

NOTE: I know the actor technically didn't leave, but for all intents & purposes, Patch is gone.

I guess Steve was bad but he came from an era where back then you could reform and still have an edge. That doesn't apply to today's bad boys.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Jeez, does anybody really  think that Julie is going to die?  These scenes were just manipulative.

I loved Robin Strasser on OLTL, but she's really OTT in these scenes today.

Yes, thank you, I was thinking all along about how Abe and Lani were sooooo unforgiving when JJ shot Theo.

Hey, they actually shocked Stefan on his skin instead of through his clothes!

So is Vivian going to shoot Doctor Rolf's serum into Stefan?

Abe was unforgiving.  Lani was actually rather understanding she saw both sides here. And I say this as someone that loathes her it was her mistakenly thinking JJ/Gabi slept together after he pushed her away was where she was less understanding as she slept with Eli for revenge afterwards.

It really should've been JJ that gave Julie pot donuts not Jennifer as it was JJ's thing. Then again do I really want him around this story?! Decisions. Decisions..

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, SnK said:

It's also weird that a few weeks ago viewers hated Stefan for raping Abby but that is all forgotten now. 

Oh I think that was months ago. 

I actually loved the scream Robin gave when Stefan was shot but goodness that was some graphic visuals.  I kind of have a hard time believing Stefan was shot in the neck but was still able to give Vivian directions yet basically was beyond hope at the end of the episode.

I won't lie, Gabi's nightmare got to me. 

I'm glad Jack didn't apologize for what transpired during his marriage to Eve. The fact still remains that she knew the truth about what he'd want and actively hid that, and his memory, from him.  If he used her, it's because she made sure to manipulate the situation to make him thing she was the only thing he really had.  I do think the show wasted a little bit of potential with those scenes, though.  Instead of reinforcing that he and Jennifer will definitely be together (those are never reassuring words coming from a soap couple: See Stefan & Gabi) and having Jack show her his memory by talking about specifics of their first marriage, I would have loved for Jack to ask Eve what the heck was up with her. I'd have to think that a Jack with his memories is going to have more questions about what was behind Eve's decisions. 

Jennifer bringing pot doughnuts was amusing but I was confused why she hid them from Abe, who isn't a cop any longer, but seemingly invited Eli, who is a cop, to partake in them later.

I didn't hate the Julie and Doug flashbacks.  In fact, I kind of hope Julie is really dead because it would be the kind of lovely sendoff they rarely get to do with older characters. 

• Love 5

Gabi couldn't have put on a pair of jeans and a t shirt?

I admit to FF'ing most of the Doug and Julie flashbacks. I don't think she is going to die - well, no one really dies dies in Salem. She did look suitably pale. I did like Doug putting powder on her face to er, brighten her up.

Stefan is brain-dead? How does that work in Salemland? Is Dr. Rolf going to pay a visit? Kate was sorta dead, and now Stefan is kinda dead.

Jennifer made cannabis donuts? The book club kind? Pass a few around and save some for us.

Abe, you are a former cop.

Did like Gabi's and Lani's bad blood. Of course, it will continue.

Not enjoying this version of Viv. Good riddance when she is finally gone.

• Love 4

Today was one endless parade of trauma and tragedy.  The emotion was draining, I tell you, draining.....

We had Stefan shot in the neck and ending up brain dead, and as if that wasn't bad enough, bleeding ALL OVER Lani's blouse.  She'll never get those stains out now, never.

Gabi hightailed it over to the hospital but unfortunately, she put her Teletubby jumper back on.  Thank God Stefan is brain dead because nobody should have to see that one more time.

Julie decided that she wanted to die at Doug's Place, I guess, so she could stick it to Chloe one last time.  Who's gonna want to eat there now?  They say that the hearing is the last to go, but with Julie, I bet the last to go with her will be her loud, braying squawk of a voice.  The dear, dear thing.....I mean that in the nicest way.

Vivian took over-acting and launched it into the stratosphere as a deep space probe.  Even if there is alien life out there, once they receive that transmission, they won't be visiting anytime soon.

But there were two things far, far worse than either Julie's illness or Stefan's gunshot and those were Jennifer's granny pants and - horror of horrors, that flashback to when Doug was a ....... I don't know if I can even type something so shameful ......when he was a, a, a, ....... mime.  OMG.  A MIME.   Sorry Doug, but there is absolutely NO excuse.

He did do a nice job on Julie's makeup, though.

giphy.gif

She's never been lovelier.

But as bad as that was, there was still Jenn's granny pants.....I think she sampled the doughnut batter a bit too much.

Nope, the mime is the worst.  

giphy.gif

Edited by boes
  • LOL 13
  • Love 4
23 minutes ago, boes said:

Today was one endless parade of trauma and tragedy.  The emotion was draining, I tell you, draining.....

We had Stefan shot in the neck and ending up brain dead, and as if that wasn't bad enough, bleeding ALL OVER Lani's blouse.  She'll never get those stains out now, never.

Gabi hightailed it over to the hospital but unfortunately, she put her Teletubby jumper back on.  Thank God Stefan is brain dead because nobody should have to see that one more time.

Julie decided that she wanted to die at Doug's Place, I guess, so she could stick it to Chloe one last time.  Who's gonna want to eat there now?  They say that the hearing is the last to go, but with Julie, I bet the last to go with her will be her loud, braying squawk of a voice.  The dear, dear thing.....I mean that in the nicest way.

Vivian took over-acting and launched it into the stratosphere as a deep space probe.  Even if there is alien life out there, once they receive that transmission, they won't be visiting anytime soon.

But there were two things far, far worse than either Julie's illness or Stefan's gunshot and those were Jennifer's granny pants and - horror of horrors, that flashback to when Doug was a ....... I don't know if I can even type something so shameful ......when he was a, a, a, ....... mime.  OMG.  A MIME.   Sorry Doug, but there is absolutely NO excuse.

He did do a lovely job on Julie's makeup, though.

giphy.gif

She's never been lovelier.

But as bad as that was, there was still Jenn's granny pants.....I think she sampled the doughnut batter a bit too much.

Nope, the mime is the worst.  

giphy.gif

Awww, I'm getting shades of Foghorn Leghorn....

• LOL 2

I though Jen was wearing a burgundy corduroy skirt with the black snug top. I literally have worn that fit 10x since Labor Day. 

Strange choice Jen made pot donuts. Never heard of those just the brownies or cookies. Not many people make home donuts since not many people own deep fat fryers. I had one in high school and made donuts then powdered or glazed them while hot and was like the hero of my friends. YASS bitch they were good. 

Does Ron have a running bet to see how often he can insert dialogue saying “days of our lives” or an hourglass reference for beer money? Holy shit it’s been daily for over a week. 

Eve’s dress and hair looked incredible today. KdP is a beautiful woman and the pattern and cut were so chic. 

It’s sad about Stefan and Gabi. I can’t help but feel he died senselessly and had a pretty sad or empty life. Probably the only time he ever was happy was the past 2 months when Gabi wasn’t hating him and banging him like a screen door and agreeing to wife him in exchange to taking control of all of his assets. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Jennifer bringing pot doughnuts was amusing but I was confused why she hid them from Abe, who isn't a cop any longer, but seemingly invited Eli, who is a cop, to partake in them later.

Eli has a soft spot for Julie.  Besides Eli is much cooler than Abe. 

All the crimes this police department ignores CBD products would be the one thing someone would get arrested for.  

• Love 3
4 hours ago, tribeca said:

Eli has a soft spot for Julie.  Besides Eli is much cooler than Abe. 

All the crimes this police department ignores CBD products would be the one thing someone would get arrested for.  

Well yeah JJ was arrested over it years ago I remember Abe telling him he was going on the wrong path etc.

9 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Strange choice Jen made pot donuts. Never heard of those just the brownies or cookies. Not many people make home donuts since not many people own deep fat fryers. I had one in high school and made donuts then powdered or glazed them while hot and was like the hero of my friends. YASS bitch they were good. 

It would've made more sense if it was JJ who brought the pot donuts considering he's the one that made them in the first place. Jennifer wasn't exactly thrilled when she found out. It was an homage to the book club where they ate the pot donuts by accident. Julie handcuffed herself and Jennifer had to call Hope high as a kite to get those handcuffs off of her. However I guess the show doesn't want to remind us of a time when he was actually a good character or at least had the potential to be one instead of the nice guy loser he is today.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 2

Apparently Gabi and Stefan are coNsidered to be a "supercouple".

yep,the standards have definitely dropped amongst the viewers  if this pairing is considerEd  supeRcouple Material .

All they did was having constant sex Because Gabi wanted to vanQuish Stefan by screWing him into oblivion and next thing ,we are told they are in love. 

That is Literally the foundation for this now "epic " lovestory.

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 7
On 10/3/2019 at 6:50 PM, Lastwaltz said:

Oh my goodness, Chrishelle, what did you do to your face? I think it's cheek fillers, based on my casual knowledge of facial surgery from watching the Real Housewives.....
image.png.cc33d1ea870f76256e498d0b6df776fd.png

Would have had some staying power if she was cast as Noelle Curtis . 

Hopefully  ,Jordan's baby daddy is a legacy character we have not heard from for a long time like Spencer Olsen ,Hope and Julie's nephew or Douglas le Cleir  ,Hope's paternal half brother. 

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 1

I think the actors actually have chemistry but calling them a supercouple is a stretch their beginnings aren't that different from JJ/Eve hate sex but at least they didn't make them more than what they were...

If they just kept Stabi as a dysfunctional lust filled couple it would've gone a long way with me.

• Love 7
On 10/3/2019 at 12:50 PM, Lastwaltz said:

Oh my goodness, Chrishelle, what did you do to your face? I think it's cheek fillers, based on my casual knowledge of facial surgery from watching the Real Housewives.....

I can't even listen to the scenes she is in, all I can do is look at that ruined face.

• Love 6

What was up with the Chloe jab? Jeez, the character isn't even there anymore. Leave it to Julie to ruin a perfectly good send off by randomly insulting Chloe. 

For a second while reminiscing, I actually thought she was going to pay Chloe a compliment. Mention that she was grateful to Chloe after all because now they have Doug's Place 2. 

• Love 7
On 10/3/2019 at 9:50 AM, Lastwaltz said:

Between the plastic surgery or whatever she has done there are those hideous eyebrows that too many women seem to have these days! Makes her look like a strange angry bird. It's so sad what these beautiful young women do to themselves. I can't even stand to look at her anymore.😥 What a shame.

• Love 11
9 hours ago, Rafael said:

Apparently Gabi and Stefan are coNsidered to be a "supercouple".

yep,the standards have definitely dropped amongst the viewers  if this pairing is considerEd  supeRcouple Material .

All they did was having constant sex Because Gabi wanted to vanQuish Stefan by screWing him into oblivion and next thing ,we are told they are in love. 

That is Literally the foundation for this now "epic " lovestory.

At least they Gabi and Stefan actually have chemistry unlike other couples; i.e., Eli and Lani, Eric and Sarah, Sarah and Rex, JJ and Haley, even Eric and Nicole (I like Eric, but I'm over them).  The only other soap I watch is GH and it's the same story over there.  Few couples actually click, so when suddenly DOES--it's a wondrous thing. 

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, sas616 said:

At least they Gabi and Stefan actually have chemistry unlike other couples; i.e., Eli and Lani, Eric and Sarah, Sarah and Rex, JJ and Haley, even Eric and Nicole (I like Eric, but I'm over them).  The only other soap I watch is GH and it's the same story over there.  Few couples actually click, so when suddenly DOES--it's a wondrous thing. 

Well chemistry is subjective but when it resonates with the majority audience its usually by accident and not design. I really don't think they thought Stefan/Gabi would be a hit with the audience.

That being said to me chemistry doesn't mean much if the writing is terrible and it is for everyone regardless because these couples etc fade fast look at Cin and how quickly they faded.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, RedRockRosie said:

Between the plastic surgery or whatever she has done there are those hideous eyebrows that too many women seem to have these days! Makes her look like a strange angry bird. It's so sad what these beautiful young women do to themselves. I can't even stand to look at her anymore.😥 What a shame.

I must be blind. I don’t see any difference. It looks like she wears too much makeup but I don’t think she looks any different. She’s only 38 years old. What could possibly have done? Just curious.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Not many people make home donuts since not many people own deep fat fryers. I had one in high school and made donuts then powdered or glazed them while hot and was like the hero of my friends. YASS bitch they were good.

There's nothing like like freshly fried donuts. 

I imagine Jen baked them in the oven using a donut pan. They're unlikely to be anywhere near as good as freshly fried donuts but I've seen this method quite a bit on cooking shows lately.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, sas616 said:

Like CanaryFan98 said, chemistry is subjective. I think Gabi/Stefan have some chemistry but not supercouple chemistry. And I disagree with you about some of the other pairings like Eric/Sarah and Eric/Nicole. Chemistry or not, there is no real foundation to this supposed epic love between Gabi/Stefan. If either one of them were cornered and asked what it was that they loved about the other, beyond great in bed and liking how devious they think the other one is, I can't imagine what else it is they love, or even like, about the other.

• Love 8