Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, boes said:

I think it's a shame that Show has saddled RSW with this serial killer character when there's several ways they could have brought him back without him being the necktie killer.  That's never going to change and he's never going to be a rootable character for me.  .

They should never have made Ben the serial killer in the first place. He was a good looking, younger male character, not related to the Hortons or Bradys, which meant he could be paired up with all different Salem women, but they went ahead and "ruined" his character so they could write him, and 3 other characters off the show. 

Now that Ben's back, I can accept he was mentally ill when he killed those women (and "killed" Will), but I really DID NOT like his threat to Rory the other day.  Being a serial killer is not like having a "bit of a temper".  If they want us to root for Ben, keep him on the meds, and don't have him using his past as a means to scare/threaten/intimate other characters

• Love 12
(edited)

I felt really bad for Rory.  He was shaken and roughed up by everyone.  They used him tand I am sure neither JJ or Jen will help him now.  He needs some direction in life. To bad no one is working at the Horton house.  Eric could take a break mooning over Nicole and Sarah and give him some council.  

Laws are different in Salem I know but isn’t smoking pot legal now? 

Edited by tribeca
  • Love 12

Lots of great posts about this silly show! @boes I should just say 'ditto' to yours and save some space on the thread, lol. 

Gabi was superb in her reactions to Will's death sentence and then their happy nuptial news -- just loved her, and them. I wonder if they'll have Ari come and "say goodbye" to Will? I may need to miss that scene. 

I think  my feelings about Ciara are exactly how many of you felt about Abigail during her reign. I find her insufferable and useless -- what does she do except pet Ben and yell at people who look at him askance as a serial killer? No profession? No curiosity about anything other than Ben? 

Jen and her wardrobe -- lololol. Yeah, that blue tie blouse was very "maternal." 

• Love 8

Yea, Jen's outfit ws something else. I'm one of the few (only lol?) people who usually loves her wardrobe, but that was just weird.

I too loved all the Will/Sonny/Gabi scenes. Gabi is so dramatic lol. Someone brought up the possibility of those 3 having scenes with Stefan if/when he and Gabi become public and I am now looking forward to that.

ORK just continues to kill this story. And I think Claire can easily come back from this. Ben was an actual serial killer and now he's a romantic lead so nothing any character does matters lol. 

The less said about Ciara and Ben, the better. I legit think Ciara is a worse character than Ben. She truly has become the new Abigail. But she's somehow maybe worse. It's astonishing!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

ORK just continues to kill this story. And I think Claire can easily come back from this. Ben was an actual serial killer and now he's a romantic lead so nothing any character does matters lol. 

The less said about Ciara and Ben, the better. I legit think Ciara is a worse character than Ben. She truly has become the new Abigail. But she's somehow maybe worse. It's astonishing!

I forgot to mention ORK, thanks @peachmangosteen - she is tearing it up, all right. Her wide-eyed "what's wrong with me?" was poignant. Too bad she asked Eve that question -- Eve could care less. Claire, how about your grandmother the therapist? 

Yes, astonishing is the perfect word for this Ciara situation : )

• Love 6
20 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Haley doesn't want to go to China this keeps getting ignored by people. Granted that's probably the one consistent thing about this storyline (besides how awful it is across the board). 

That being said I much rather have seen JJ/Eve strike up an affair again teaming up to take Ben down only to have Jack walk in on it. Talk about soapy goodness... this show doesn't believe in such a thing anymore though.

Haley would want to go to China if JJ went with her.

• Love 1

"I don't believe that you are heartless."  Jennifer, have you met New!Jack?

"The public loves you." Uh, does anybody outside of Salem even know who the former mayor of Salem is?

I guess Rex is taking lessons on patient confidentiality from Kayla.

Nice of Xander to think that it might be Anthony, not Andre.

The only other "SD" I can think of is Shane Donovan, and he isn't dead.  Is there another besides Stefano?

I hope that was a voice mail Stefan was making to Mister Shinn, because he hung up without a goodbye.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, bobcat1946 said:

Haley would want to go to China if JJ went with her.

Maybe he will(well I don't think it would actually go down like that but I could see him offering) 

5 minutes ago, bobcat1946 said:

Stefan still begging Chloe to forgive which has me of the notion that if he get together with Gabi he is settling.

Gabi is usually the second choice so I don't know why this is so surprising. 

• Love 2

I enjoyed that ep. I don't really have much to say about it though.

One thing, Sarah's makeup is so bad. Just so, so bad. I'm telling you, someone in the makeup department must hate LG. Everyone's makeup today was way ott, but her's was just at another level. And her top was way too big. I'm so shallow lol.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, bobcat1946 said:

Stefan still begging Chloe to forgive which has me of the notion that if he get together with Gabi he is settling.

He does seem to put her on a pedestal because she’s a mother and business owner and naturally gifted in the arts, seemingly representing all the things he lacks. She also is hard to get and puts him off and has other men openly expressing their interest so that makes her tantalizing vs Gabi. 

Gabi is beautiful and exciting too. So he’s torn, but I think he actually wants to wife Chloe or has all sorts of fantasies of love match and family. 

• Love 6
(edited)
19 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

He does seem to put her on a pedestal because she’s a mother and business owner and naturally gifted in the arts, seemingly representing all the things he lacks. She also is hard to get and puts him off and has other men openly expressing their interest so that makes her tantalizing vs Gabi. 

Gabi is beautiful and exciting too. So he’s torn, but I think he actually wants to wife Chloe or has all sorts of fantasies of love match and family. 

Torn.  Was that not what  RC said, but I have not seen it in the writing.  Just Stefan horny then the next second chasing after Chloe.

Chloe gone so wonder if he will start chasing after Nicole.

Edited by bobcat1946
  • Love 2

I could see Stefan think this when it comes to these women. Chloe is more respectable(although she used to be a hooker) looking to him but Gabi OTOH is his side piece but he doesn't want anything to do with her beyond getting off.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Maybe he will(well I don't think it would actually go down like that but I could see him offering) 

Gabi is usually the second choice so I don't know why this is so surprising. 

Gabi was Chad's second choice but she is Stefan's 4th choice.  She follows Abigail, Gabby, and Chloe.

• Love 2

Again, I appreciated how Jack and Eve were written today.  Their motives are bad but the conversations are smaller and better letting KDP and MA play more with a connection and nuance.  This is the kind of writing that would have helped ground this story instead of having them yell at crowds and rant about winning---which was basically most of their conversations during the election.

It's too late for this dynamic to be salvaged but it's the kind of thing that frustrates me.  They're capable actors.  They could have developed something interesting to watch until he got his memory back. Maybe even something real.  But now, when he gets his memory back, there's no way I'd believe he'd have lingering feelings for her regardless of what he said today.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, bobcat1946 said:

Gabi was Chad's second choice but she is Stefan's 4th choice.  She follows Abigail, Gabby, and Chloe.

Well she wasn't the first choice. I think the only guy who ever had her as his first choice was Nick and she killed him go figure..

• LOL 3

I liked Maggie coming clean to Victor about falling off the wagon.

Again, we get Rex's mention of the face mask technology that Rolf was working on. Ding-ding-ding.

Sarah's makeup was doing her no favours today. Jenn could have used a nice pink spring lipstick. Between her outfit, skintone and hair, she looked one shade. A former coworker had a pleather jacket and pants that were a similar colour and she always looked like walking vomit when she wore the outfit. Jenn was about the same.

Why would Abe want to work for Stefan? He can retire and do what he wants.

Yeah, Eve, if Jack doesn't get a tumor from Rolf's formula, he may leave you and go back to Jen. I would most likely not take him back if I was Jen.

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Well she wasn't the first choice. I think the only guy who ever had her as his first choice was Nick and she killed him go figure..

Nick's first choice was Chelsea followed by Melanie, but then Ciara is not Ben's first choice.  That would be Abigail.

• Love 4
(edited)

I really enjoyed today's show.  

Rex, not everyone's favorite, sure is one of mine.  From his joking conversation with Sarah about how much Maggie dislikes him, to his understated, understanding and humorous talk with Chloe.  He may have a little trouble with his zipper but he sure has an uncomplicated good attitude to the people he encounters.  How refreshing for Show to have a man who isn't an officious prick.

I loved Brady today, too.  If only this version of Brady was around more.  He's supportive of Maggie but at the same time doesn't let her slip anything by him.  He really is trying to support her the way she's supported him so many times in the past.

I know Eve is mostly evul most of the time but Show has been letting bits and pieces of her humanity slip through now and then, and I like it.  One note villains - like Kristen - bore the hell out of me very quickly.  A little nuance goes a long way.

I had no use for Stefan at all when he was first introduced and I still think the character is unnecessary, but Brandon Barash sure holds my interest in the role.

Could it be?  Could Abe be getting an ACTUAL storyline where he's not called upon to just be pompous?  What a pleasure it would be to see Show let him really do something.

Of course, me liking today's show so much might also just have something to do with not seeing hide nor hair of Ciara, Ben, Haley or Tripp!  Thanks for the break, Show!

Edited by boes
  • Love 14
23 minutes ago, bobcat1946 said:

Nick's first choice was Chelsea followed by Melanie, but then Ciara is not Ben's first choice.  That would be Abigail.

Except when Nick was with Gabi he only wanted Gabi and nobody else is my point. Ben is well past Abigail for that matter.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, bobcat1946 said:

Oooh, ouch! You're completely right, too. Even with Will. 

Rex bringing up the face mask technology makes me suspicious of everyone now, and I'm angry about that. 

@Frozendiva that pleather vomit ensemble must have been quite a sight : )

• Love 5
16 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Second choice but still rated higher with Chad than the framing her for murder Stefan.

• Love 2

Everyone on this show has first loves but that doesn't make them "first choice."  If that were the case,  Frankie would be Jennifer's first choice and he's not.

An aside, Matt Ashford and Billy Warlock were so good together during that early 2000s run.

• Love 9

Weren't Brady and Maggie on their way TO a meeting when they ran into Victor?  Victor and Maggie talk, and now she and Brady are going home?

Sarah doth protest too much.

Gee, Marlena, maybe you shouldn't discuss private business in public.

Nice that they mentioned the Nicole/Abe connection.  But I wonder why Kristen-as-Nicole cares about Nicole's "not upstanding" father.

"I just can't stop thinking about my cousin."  Uh, which one, Hope?

Xander loves to keep incriminating documents lying around, huh?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Everyone on this show has first loves but that doesn't make them "first choice."  If that were the case,  Frankie would be Jennifer's first choice and he's not.

An aside, Matt Ashford and Billy Warlock were so good together during that early 2000s run.

I agree Jack wanted Kayla first but then Jennifer came along. Does anyone think Jack wanted anyone more than Jennifer after that?  

Gabi hasn't had a pairing that took off I think her and Stefan have that potential if there was decent writing behind it and well there's not.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I agree Jack wanted Kayla first but then Jennifer came along. Does anyone think Jack wanted anyone more than Jennifer after that?  

Gabi hasn't had a pairing that took off I think her and Stefan have that potential if there was decent writing behind it and well there's not.

I have always wanted Jack to have a romance outside of his iconic pairing with Jennifer. I wish Jack had fallen in love with another woman during his missing years. I got tired of seeing Jack fight for Jennifer for some idiot. However, I did like Jennifer with Peter. Those two were hot and it made it easier for me to root for them because Matthew was fired as Jack and replaced by Mark Valley who should have been Mike Horton.  Horton men don't care well on this show. Bill should have been on the show and it would be interesting to see him interact with Kate who is no longer that naive young vulnerable woman he got with all those years ago. Not to mention, Bill bonding with Lucas and Will.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I have always wanted Jack to have a romance outside of his iconic pairing with Jennifer. I wish Jack had fallen in love with another woman during his missing years. I got tired of seeing Jack fight for Jennifer for some idiot. However, I did like Jennifer with Peter. Those two were hot and it made it easier for me to root for them because Matthew was fired as Jack and replaced by Mark Valley who should have been Mike Horton.  Horton men don't care well on this show. Bill should have been on the show and it would be interesting to see him interact with Kate who is no longer that naive young vulnerable woman he got with all those years ago. Not to mention, Bill bonding with Lucas and Will.

I find it unrealistic he never did but I digress except for that hookup w/Laura but I wouldn't call it a relationship. However its not as if Jennifer's other pairings went anywhere(beyond Peter I guess). I also liked Peter/Jennifer because MV was Jack not MA. If there's a pair that didn't need interlopers it was this one. Their biggest obstacle was always themselves the others tended to be afterthoughts to me. I always wanted Jack to be less of a buffoon more than anything.

Horton men do not fare well(Nick, Will, JJ, Lucas etc) JJ has managed to last for quite sometime now much to my surprise. Yeah there's Will but I think being the token gay character helped him out a lot more than it normally would for a Horton male(same w/ Eli being half black).

• Love 2

Xander/Sarah and Gabi/Stefan have a similar dynamic yet I find Xander/Sarah way more preferable in comparison. Probably because Xander never tried to send Sarah to jail and have that glossed over.

I think there's more honesty and sincere emotion between these two despite Sarah's disdain for him than any of Stabi's scenes which have been "I hate you" then sex afterwards but no real buildup/substance etc.

• Love 4
(edited)
53 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I find it unrealistic he never did but I digress except for that hookup w/Laura but I wouldn't call it a relationship. However its not as if Jennifer's other pairings went anywhere(beyond Peter I guess). I also liked Peter/Jennifer because MV was Jack not MA. If there's a pair that didn't need interlopers it was this one. Their biggest obstacle was always themselves the others tended to be afterthoughts to me. I aliways wanted Jack to be less of a buffoon more than anything.

Horton men do not fare well(Nick, Will, JJ, Lucas etc) JJ has managed to last for quite sometime now much to my surprise. Yeah there's Will but I think being the token gay character helped him out a lot more than it normally would for a Horton male(same w/ Eli being half black).

I always hated that faux Jack slept with Laura, it should have never happened. The Jack/Laura hookup like Shayla should never be mention on the show. You are right, Jack and Jennifer never needed an interloper to be interesting. The same goes for Kim and Shane. Their internal issues were enough and substantial to give both couples stories for years.

I thought Matthew's Jack and Deborah Adair's Kate had smoking chemistry. Kate was always a very sexual woman long before Lauren came on as recast Kate. I hated Jack as a buffoon, it was appalling and demeaning. The Jack pretending to be Gay storyline was just too much. What the hell were the writers smoking?

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6

Xander’s been kind to Maggie, volunteered up Rolf’s life saving journal, and wearing shirts for consecutive days. He’s really stepping it up. His love for Sarah must be a good influence 😂 

I liked Chloe’s patterned dress and sleek straight bob. I love pageboys.giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975d02e6473770414951

Sarah’s hair, makeup and clothes have ranged from random to tragic. I don’t get why the styling team is so mystified with her prep. LG is a traditionally attractive delicate featured slight woman, when in doubt just do an understated simple look. Hell even jeans and a t shirt with a pony tail and neutral toned makeup. 

Rex is so damn easy going and likable. He’s like if a Golden Retriever or Lab got a PHD and abs and tan and wearing a Kristen style human mask. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
(edited)
38 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I always hated that faux Jack slept with Laura, it should have never happened. The Jack/Laura hookup like Shayla should never be mention on the show. You are right, Jack and Jennifer never needed an interloper to be interesting. The same goes for Kim and Shane. Their internal issues were enough and substantial to give both couples stories for years.

I thought Matthew's Jack and Deborah Adair's Kate had smoking chemistry. Kate was always a very sexual woman long before Lauren came on as recast Kate. I hated Jack as a buffoon, it was appalling and demeaning. The Jack pretending to be Gay storyline was just too much. What the hell were the writers smoking?

I always felt this show resented MA/Jack's popularity and thus the Jack/Jennifer popularity. They chose to recast him its not like he left (like Bo) and recasted him they just didn't want him back for whatever reason. Yet they keep bringing him back.  I mean he raped one of the show's heroines and probably would've gone the way of Ben after Chabby but instead he stuck around and became a hit with Jennifer. Tried to pair Jennifer with anyone else so they wouldn't have to go back to Jack.

I think with Cin they're trying to recreate J&J in a way. Ben is their Jack except its not nearly as good because one RSW isn't as good an actor compared to MA and the other MA's Jack had the writing to backup the "redemption" that Ben doesn't. Jack never expected people to forgive him etc. there was always a layer of self loathing underneath everything that Ben doesn't have he's just smug and entitled. Ciara is supposed to be Jennifer but Jennifer had a personality and existence that wasn't all about Jack ....  she also didn't tell anyone who was actually wronged by Jack to get over it either.

Honestly I'm surprised to ever see Jack again I figured after he went headfirst in the elevator shaft that was probably the last we saw of him. I figured if we ever saw him again it would be at the very end of Days to give Jennifer a happy ending... and at the rate Days is going that could very well be the case and rather ironic that they would be the supercouple left standing on screen ..

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 6
(edited)
15 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Xander/Sarah and Gabi/Stefan have a similar dynamic yet I find Xander/Sarah way more preferable in comparison. Probably because Xander never tried to send Sarah to jail and have that glossed over.

I think there's more honesty and sincere emotion between these two despite Sarah's disdain for him than any of Stabi's scenes which have been "I hate you" then sex afterwards but no real buildup/substance etc.

Xander and Sarah's dynamic reminds me somewhat of early Duke and Anna, a supercouple from General Hospital in the 80s. The Scottish Duke was this new and mysterious guy who tried to get in Anna's good books despite her suspicion there was more to him. He was also conceited and egoistical which got on her nerves like Xander with Sarah. And the funny thing is that the actors, Ian Buchanan (Duke) and Paul Telfer are both from Scotland. 

Although I don't get my hopes up about Xander/Sarah being given supercouple writing, I am undoubtedly interested in how things unfold with the two. It's more preferable than seeing her getting stuck between two duds, Rex and Eric. 

Edited by Guest
add more to it
3 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I find it unrealistic he never did

That Jack never had another relationship? From a soap standpoint, it's pretty amazing that it has taken this long for something to happen for a character that has a part of the show, even on and off, for over 30 years.  But when the show didn't want to deal with Jack and Jennifer, they just got rid of Matt instead of giving Jack a story and relationship outside of J&J.

From a character standpoint, I think it makes sense.  Once he let what he did to Kayla really sink in, then the self-loathing took root.  Jennifer managed to get through those barriers but it made sense to me that sex and relationships weren't casual or something he felt he deserved to pursue. (I don't accept the Laura stuff.  No Matt.  Not Jack.)

That's not to say I didn't see promise in the past.  I thought he and the Greta actress had spark even though the gay story was awful.  It did further the Jennifer-only-ness of his character.  And I even think he and Sami worked really well together when they were spying on Brandon and Jennifer.

An amnesiac Jack who didn't remember his past and therefore wasn't mired in those hangups was the right path to take to get Jack involved in a new relationship but they botched the execution that needed support because of the recast.  I love KDP and I was never against her Eve or die-hard Charlotte Ross but I do think she would have been better for this story.  With MA playing someone who didn't remember, the execution may have been better with someone who knew things about how the character felt about Jack that the writing didn't know.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

It's interesting because they never gave Jack a romantic partner outside of Jennifer but they did team him up with a lot of dynamic women/characters over the years.  Jack has always been the poster boy for the "great platonic friendships" that Days used to do.

Jack/Kate

Jack/Billy

Jack/Sami

Jack/Greta

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

It's interesting because they never gave Jack a romantic partner outside of Jennifer but they did team him up with a lot of dynamic women/characters over the years.  Jack has always been the poster boy for the "great platonic friendships" that Days used to do.

Jack/Kate

Jack/Billy

Jack/Sami

Jack/Greta

Don't forget Jack/Isabella. I loved their friendship. And I believe it was Jack that broke her out of the looney bin that Marina put her in.

• Love 9

Xander would not be Sarah's good girl type. He'd be a charming rogue, if that is still an acceptable term today. Granted, he can be pretty bad, but he does have a fun joie de vivre about him. And Sarah Horton makes him a better person.

Not much to say about today's ep. Victor, you have been drinking all along when you married Maggie. There is booze in your home. You probably have a nice wine cellar. Maybe you can not have a drink a few days a week for some solidarity with her. If the booze wasn't in the house, she certainly can afford to buy some.

Nicristen, you really want Abe Carver around? He will figure out that you are not Nicole. I wouldn't mind offering my services to Stefan for a good high paying job. Doesn't he have any staff?

• Love 3
On 6/11/2019 at 9:32 PM, ByaNose said:

Claire is a nut job. The girl set two fires & almost kills her cousin in one & the man she supposedly loves. Cook-coo!!! Then you have Eve saying, “Claire, don’t start anymore fires” like she’s saying “Don’t say curse words anymore”. LOL!!!!! Claire needs a quick to Shady Brook or wherever Salem crazy people go. 

Lol exactly, unfortunately they’re destroying the character. 

2 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Xander’s been kind to Maggie, volunteered up Rolf’s life saving journal, and wearing shirts for consecutive days. He’s really stepping it up. His love for Sarah must be a good influence 😂 

I liked Chloe’s patterned dress and sleek straight bob. I love pageboys.giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975d02e6473770414951

Sarah’s hair, makeup and clothes have ranged from random to tragic. I don’t get why the styling team is so mystified with her prep. LG is a traditionally attractive delicate featured slight woman, when in doubt just do an understated simple look. Hell even jeans and a t shirt with a pony tail and neutral toned makeup. 

Rex is so damn easy going and likable. He’s like if a Golden Retriever or Lab got a PHD and abs and tan and wearing a Kristen style human mask. 

Agree with all this, especially Rex. 😂 It’s hard not to like him. 

• Love 4

I have to say that "Kricole" is doing a great job with Nicole's history. She isn't laying it on thick and she is being pretty cognizant of all the relationships that Nicole has been involved in. 

The whole Brady/Eric part is a complete mystery to me the way it has been handled but I'm starting to think that hating Chloe is just part of the bigger plan to keep her identity. 

I think Kricole thinks she can fool Abe more easily than she can fool Chloe. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Honestly they should go ahead and do this on the show. Rex as a dog in one of Rolf's human masks would be amazing lol.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, bobcat1946 said:

Second choice but still rated higher with Chad than the framing her for murder Stefan.

Chad also wanted Mia and settled for Gabi and was completely blind to her crush on him during his time with Melanie.  So technically Gabi was Chad's fourth choice as well.  

The thing about the Gabi character is they've always used her as a fill in when the male characters other options have left or are otherwise occupied.  The Stefan/Gabi direction should have been where this was headed all along.  Instead I think it was Plan B after Ron's grand plans for an epic Gabby/Stefan romance was shouted down.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Jack/Kate

Jack/Billy

Jack/Sami

Jack/Greta

Jack/Nicole also worked as well..

• Love 3

Makeup needs to get their act together. Lindsay(Sarah) is gorgeous, but somehow you fuck up her look. However, the chemistry between Sara and Xander has me loving the potential pairing, if the writers go that route. The back and forth, yesterday and today was amazing.

• Love 8
36 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Kate and Marlena yesterday was pretty good.

Marlena/Maggie was good too once upon a time, but, rumor has it that the actresses hate each other in real life so we will not be seeing that anytime soon..

• Love 2

"Xander wouldn't lie." Oh, please, Maggie.

I'm sorry, there is no proof that Haley has a US citizen parent, unless there's a birth certificate that says so.

JJ needs to quit being the male defender of Haley and let her speak for herself.

Why couldn't they have SHOWN Maggie telling Will and Sonny about the diary?

• Love 6
21 hours ago, sweetautumn said:

Xander and Sarah's dynamic reminds me somewhat of early Duke and Anna, a supercouple from General Hospital in the 80s. The Scottish Duke was this new and mysterious guy who tried to get in Anna's good books despite her suspicion there was more to him. He was also conceited and egoistical which got on her nerves like Xander with Sarah. And the funny thing is that the actors, Ian Buchanan (Duke) and Paul Telfer are both from Scotland. 

Although I don't get my hopes up about Xander/Sarah being given supercouple writing, I am undoubtedly interested in how things unfold with the two. It's more preferable than seeing her getting stuck between two duds, Rex and Eric. 

I loved Anna/Duke and I never thought of making that connection but it kind of fits. Although Anna was a lot shadier than Sarah though I agree I rather see her with Xander than Rex/Eric. However I like Xander the way he is and this show has a way of neutering once edgy characters if they stick around long enough.

2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

"Xander wouldn't lie." Oh, please, Maggie.

I'm sorry, there is no proof that Haley has a US citizen parent, unless there's a birth certificate that says so.

JJ needs to quit being the male defender of Haley and let her speak for herself.

Why couldn't they have SHOWN Maggie telling Will and Sonny about the diary?

Not just JJ but Tripp too honestly a large part of why Haley isn't a good character is that she isn't remotely proactive they are making her this eternal victim and if they think this is appealing etc its not. She has to rely on men to save her. Course this show sucks at writing women so maybe she was always doomed.

• Love 5