Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Hey Ben,

Why don't you go into a room with Eve ALONE and tell her exactly what your strategy/defense is.  You've just told her exactly what evidence to tamper with and how to get around your alibi.  This is especially great because there were no witnesses to insist that she do things right.  You are definitely NOT using the Salem brain this week.

Please, for the love of dog do NOT make this false accusation of Ben crap drag out over the whole summer.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

Show delayed  because of a news report about the helicopter crash in New York, because if it happens in New York, it has to be the biggest news story in the world.

The cops dragged Ben back to town on the ferry while the cabin is still on fire and didn't try to help Tripp and Haley to get out?

Is it walking out on your check when the waitress disappears and never comes back?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I truly can not stand this Ben shit. And fuck Ciara. Make it all stop! 

I thought SS was decent today too, @Prairiemakeup. I was surprised she managed to do that material some justice lol.

Agree about Sal Stowers, she does not show much depth in emotional scenes, but I found her very believable in her scenes today, showing sadness & despair over her attachment to little David & then finally facing the lose of her own baby David.   I like the friends vibe & gentle chemistry between Lani & Rafe. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

The cops dragged Ben back to town on the ferry while the cabin is still on fire and didn't try to help Tripp and Haley to get out?

I think the Salem PD has managed to pass the Port Charles PD in the stupid department.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

You are definitely NOT using the Salem brain this week.

I generally like Ben, but this is so accurate. Ben, dude, you are accused/suspected of setting every cabin fire known to man lately, so why for the love of god would you even THINK about approaching this particular cabin fire ON YOUR OWN and WITH NO OTHER WITNESSES? And Why TF are you gonna pick up the damn lighter, even if you did have a conveniently stashed handkerchief in your pocket? The minute he saw the fire, he should've hoofed it back to Salem. Hell I'd have swam back if the ferry were gone.

Speaking of the ferry, just how often does it go back and forth, and how long does it take? And how many are there?? Claire caught an "express" and was there and back in like 10 minutes. Did she and Ben pass each other when Ben was headed there? He also got there lightning quick, followed closely by Eli and the Salem cops. So did Eli get the outgoing ferry that Claire returned to Salem on? Nobody ran into anyone else? Jeez.

• LOL 3
  • Love 10

If the ferry company - or rowboat company - keeps records or time-stamps of passenger tickets, it will be proved that Ben arrived *after* the fire started. And he really shouldn't be going on about the fire and his deducing to Eve Donovan, who is almost complicit with Claire's actions. She knows that Claire started the fire, she knows that Claire has a vendetta against Tripp, who wronged her. And Ben knows she will not use the law to get him - every trick in the book.

Claire, you did kind of give yourself away to Ciara.

Folks in Salem sure have a thing for falling on furniture and knocking themselves out. First Leo and now Haley.

At least Lani has some awareness of using Jordan's baby as her own. Hope this storyline comes to an end.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
(edited)

Rory:  The necktie killer threatened to kill me.
Ciara: Why would Ben do that?
Rory: I don't know. He's a psychopath.
Ciara: *swats at him*  Don't call him that.

STFU Ciara.  Yes, he gets to call him a psycho after being threatened.

4 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I like the friends vibe & gentle chemistry between Lani & Rafe. 

I liked their vibe. I liked the friend vibe. I liked the bonding over baby.  It's a dynamic I wouldn't mind seeing develop into something more.  It's one of the tropes that work for me.  Maybe it's just recency bias as they haven't been "happening" for very long but I feel like I could watch them for a bit longer.  The Lani actress really was moving today but she also had the rare insightful dialogue which is hit and miss on this show (see Ciara).

Of course, the summer promo

Spoiler

Seems to indicate that we're going back to Lani and Eli which is disappointing.  You gotta make these breakups count and a brief crush on Rafe isn't making it count.

I guess it might have to do with some other returns which--shame.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 10
(edited)
10 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Rory:  The necktie killer threatened to kill me.
Ciara: Why would Ben do that?
Rory: I don't know. He's a psychopath.
Ciara: *swats at him*  Don't call him that.

STFU Ciara.  Yes, he gets to call him a psycho after being threatened.

I liked their vibe. I liked the friend vibe. I liked the bonding over baby.  It's a dynamic I wouldn't mind seeing develop into something more.  It's one of the tropes that work for me.  Maybe it's just recency bias as they haven't been "happening" for very long but I feel like I could watch them for a bit longer.  The Lani actress really was moving today but she also had the rare insightful dialogue which is hit and miss on this show (see Ciara).

Of course, the summer promo

Hide contents

Seems to indicate that we're going back to Lani and Eli which is disappointing.  You gotta make these breakups count and a brief crush on Rafe isn't making it count.

I guess it might have to do with some other returns which--shame.

Good post!  

Ciara is at least consistent, in that I consistently want to see her get a super wedgie, a super swirly, and I'd like to see her get a pie in the face on a daily basis.  It's so great that Ciara can see the REAL Ben, (though I doubt she can see past his abs) but she also leaves me in a conundrum, as to which of them, her or Ben, is actually worse.  

So sad, so bad, that the evul Eve is trying to use the power of her office against Ben Ollie, virtually as bad as Ben using the power of his reputation to scare the hell out of Rory.   Gee, Ben, at least nobody is trying to wrap a tie around your neck and KILL you.

So, are Will and Sonny going to get married in the same hospital bed that Marlena and John did?  And didn't John marry Hattie in that same bed?  Does the hospital charge more for the marriage suite?  Is there a hospital honeymoon suite with a heart-shaped hospital bed, preferably one that vibrates, hooked up with a call button for the nurses, monitor and oxygen?  Will the hospital cater the wedding?  ENSURE FOR EVERYONE!!

Maybe the nurses will hang a champagne I.V.  ohtheromance.

Edited by boes
Speeling
  • LOL 9
  • Love 6

I know I'm in the minority group who like both Ben, and Cin, so maybe that affects the way I'm seeing this storyline, however, I really like the way everything is falling into place. It's almost like (unlike Dena) Ron had a planned out spreadsheet of how things would evolve.

I mean, if Jack hadn't run for mayor, Eve wouldn't be the police commissioner. And if Eve wasn't Claire's confident, she wouldn't protecting her. And if Ben hadn't killed Eve's daughter, she wouldn't be so much out for revenge. 

So all the pieces fell into place so that Ben would be explaining the logic of why he's certain Claire is the one who set the fires, to someone with "deaf ears".  And, really, isn't that everyone's fear, that you know the truth, but no one will listen.

• Love 5

The writers want it all ways with Ben. They wanna have scenes where he threatens people with strangling and shows how menacing he is while also having Ciara tell everyone he's the bestest/most changed guy ever and they want him and Ciara to be a super couple and they wanna have him to be the hero. You can't do all that. It does not work. Why do writers not get this? I mean, I guess in the end it doesn't matter because we all keep watching anyway lol.

ETA: @buffynut As a Ben fan, I'm interested in what you thought of him threatening Rory.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

ETA: @buffynut As a Ben fan, I'm interested in what you thought of him threatening Rory.

I TOTALLY HATED IT !!!

I know Ben had a violent side, long before he killed anyone, so it's not out of character for him to threaten someone, however, I don't feel that "Ben on his meds" would joke about, or reference, his serial killer past that way.   Even to Rory. 

Although, interestingly, it was a male he threatened, and not female. As he did promise Ciara he'd never threaten to harm a woman again after he kidnapped Gabi for Stefan. 

But again, threats are one thing. But unless they're going to tell us he was "off his meds" again, referencing his "serial killer" past just seemed like a bad writing decision,.  IMO, of course.

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

Why would Ben think Claire is the only one that has that ringtone? I bet there are millions of people who have the same ringtone as me.

Claire told somebody, I don't remember who, that her ringtone was one of a kind, one she made from her own music.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

Why would Ben think Claire is the only one that has that ringtone? I bet there are millions of people who have the same ringtone as me.

A few days ago Claire said that she wrote that melody so it’s unique to her phone. How long will it take for someone to remember this point?

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

I also thought that he probably would have heard her ring tone when they lived in the loft together.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

I just can't believe that the writers, yet again, write up a story and have it move to a whimpering resolution after just one announcement and it has absolutely NO impact on the story. First, the built-up "shocker" about Melinda and Haley that had nothing to do with her citizenship status, so what was that about???? Then, after they build up this Lani is obsessed with the baby and gives up her job and her relationship, Rafe says one thing about her trying to make up for her lost baby and it's all, "you're right." There seemed like they were building to a Lifetime baby-snatching movie plot line and then - bam - it's over. What a huge waste of our time.

• Love 10

This cheap ass show couldn't afford to hire another extra to push Haley's gurney, they had to have Eli do it. Or did I miss something and he got his EMT certification in his spare time? <eye roll>

Claire, you cray-cray!

• Love 7
(edited)

The Wilson scenes were just too awesome for words. I loved them with Gabi, they have always worked as a trio and it will be interesting to see Wilson's reaction to Stefan. Their trio will soon be a foursome.

ORK was amazing as unhinged Claire. She is the best actress in her age group. She gave me chills, when she said "if I can't have Tripp, then no one can". Trip is a symptom of something very wrong in Claire. I wish she was not so isolated from her family. She is still a blank slate after all this time. Shelle should be here for this story. I have to remember that Claire is a Kiriakis biologically, she could be channeling her great grandfather Victor who did devilish things in the name of love. 

I have no sympathy for Ciara and Ben. I just don't care about them and their pain. I feel more for their tormentor Claire who I find to be more sympathetic, despite everything. I do love how Eve is so maternal with Claire. I want Eve to torment Ben mercilessly for killing her baby Paige.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, lb60 said:

This cheap ass show couldn't afford to hire another extra to push Haley's gurney, they had to have Eli do it. Or did I miss something and he got his EMT certification in his spare time? <eye roll>

Claire, you cray-cray!

I guffawed a couple months ago when Rex brought Will back to his room after Will's biopsy. Because, yes, show, a brain surgeon is tooooooootally going to take care of that part for their patient (even if he's that patient's uncle whom he never would have been allowed to operate on in the first place, but I digress). 🙄

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
(edited)

There's Kayla, giving out private health info again.

Claire is a pretty clear example of why you shouldn't raise your child on a sail boat in the middle of the ocean.

Rob Wilson sounded like he was struggling to say his lines when he said "It wasn't one of my ... most ... proud moments."

Edited by Silver Raven
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, TigerLynx said:

I don't think the sailboat or the ocean was the problem.

Yeah, Shawn (Douglas) was raised on a boat for ages, and he isn't a psycho. John's past has been altered a trillionty-eleven times. Maybe there are wackos lurking in his gene pool!

• Love 6
19 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Folks in Salem sure have a thing for falling on furniture and knocking themselves out. First Leo and now Haley

That was so funny I had to replay it.  It was quite a thud and drop.😲

Having taken a few ferries in my lifetime, I had to also laugh at the way various people were in Salem one second, and then on Smith Island the next and vice versa.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
18 minutes ago, bannana said:

Having taken a few ferries in my lifetime, I had to also laugh at the way various people were in Salem one second, and then on Smith Island the next and vice versa.

That's right up there with all the yachts in the ocean circling around landlocked Bolivia on General Hospital.  There are a lot of Central and South American countries that border the ocean, but Bolivia isn't one of them.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

The writers want it all ways with Ben. They wanna have scenes where he threatens people with strangling and shows how menacing he is while also having Ciara tell everyone he's the bestest/most changed guy ever and they want him and Ciara to be a super couple and they wanna have him to be the hero. You can't do all that. It does not work. Why do writers not get this? I mean, I guess in the end it doesn't matter because we all keep watching anyway lol.

That's where I am with Ben pick a lane. I would prefer Ben as a psycho because that's the only time he's ever been interesting to me.  Sure others have done terrible things on this show and reformed but with those characters they didn't go back to what they did in the past to get something done today. There was a fundamental change with those characters you saw as opposed to Ben where its lip service mostly by Ciara.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, bobcat1946 said:

What is up with JJ and his great love for Haley but I would never know since he has never once told Haley he would go with her to China.

Haley doesn't want to go to China this keeps getting ignored by people. Granted that's probably the one consistent thing about this storyline (besides how awful it is across the board). 

That being said I much rather have seen JJ/Eve strike up an affair again teaming up to take Ben down only to have Jack walk in on it. Talk about soapy goodness... this show doesn't believe in such a thing anymore though.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

The Wilson scenes were just too awesome for words. I loved them with Gabi, they have always worked as a trio and it will be interesting to see Wilson's reaction to Stefan. Their trio will soon be a foursome.

ORK was amazing as unhinged Claire. She is the best actress in her age group. She gave me chills, when she said "if I can't have Tripp, then no one can". Trip is a symptom of something very wrong in Claire. I wish she was not so isolated from her family. She is still a blank slate after all this time. Shelle should be here for this story. I have to remember that Claire is a Kiriakis biologically, she could be channeling her great grandfather Victor who did devilish things in the name of love. 

I have no sympathy for Ciara and Ben. I just don't care about them and their pain. I feel more for their tormentor Claire who I find to be more sympathetic, despite everything. I do love how Eve is so maternal with Claire. I want Eve to torment Ben mercilessly for killing her baby Paige.

I loved the look of realization on Claire's face and her "What the hell is wrong me?" was well played by ORK.  I do like seeing her and Eve working together to come up with a way to frame Ben--normally I hate watching innocent people being framed for crimes they didn't commit but Ben and Ciara are just so unlikeable that I'm enjoying their angst.  It's the same with Haley. she is completely uninteresting and to know that Claire is being destroyed at Haley and Ben's alters is annoying as hell.  And won't we all love watching Ben and Ciara trick Claire and get the goods on her so Ciara can once again win and be declared Horton Princess II?  Yeah, me neither.

I did love the Gabi, Sonny and Will scenes and her joy over their marriage was as beautifully played as her devastation at Will's sickness.

• Love 7
55 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

That's where I am with Ben pick a lane. I would prefer Ben as a psycho because that's the only time he's ever been interesting to me.  Sure others have done terrible things on this show and reformed but with those characters they didn't go back to what they did in the past to get something done today. There was a fundamental change with those characters you saw as opposed to Ben where its lip service mostly by Ciara.

To be fair, even if the writers stayed on the redemption road with Ben, it is pretty damn hard to come back from being a serial killer.  Unless you are a Dimera, and then you get to return from the dead 50 million times no matter what crime you commit.

• Love 7

I appreciate the irony of Eve covering for Claire, who's now attempted to burn three people alive.  But why couldn't they spend a little more time on Claire's "What the hell is wrong with me?" when it was asked?  I suppose Eve has to tell herself that there's nothing wrong with Claire's misdeeds but I thought it was an interesting topic for conversation.  Maybe it's a better question for Marlena to answer, lol.  

It would have been nice if they hadn't of spelled everything out with that Ben/Ciara flashback and let the last scene of Claire and Ciara play out with a bit of ambiguity.   

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Was really glad Eli was the one who saved Haley and Tripp.  He could have gotten them medical help before arresting them.  

Enjoyed Eve being tough with Ben.  Ben killed Eves daughter and it’s really got to be so painful to see him walk free and be in love. Paige will never get to experience that   

Ben was really dumb not to get a lawyer.  He knows the drill by now.   Ciara could be a much better character if she could see Ben does have faults and if she cared about others.   Right now her whole life is just about Ben and she doesn’t see others pain.  She lacks empathy for anyone not named Ben. JMHO 

Claire needs help. Where is Marlena?  She heard the ring tone.  Figured it all out. Leaves but doesn’t ever call or come back. That part of story did not seem in character for Marlena.  

Although the actor is doing great in the role I am disappointed they are destroying her character.  I liked Claire and thought she could have been a great character.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
14 minutes ago, TigerLynx said:

To be fair, even if the writers stayed on the redemption road with Ben, it is pretty damn hard to come back from being a serial killer.  Unless you are a Dimera, and then you get to return from the dead 50 million times no matter what crime you commit.

I think with Ben he's too "real" for a Days villain same with Clyde which is why I find them scarier than the Dimeras at this point because you know a Clyde or a Ben in RL.  Many don't survive to tell the tale.

I find that harder to overcome plus its 2019 these things don't fly like they used to I mean I love Jack but he's a rapist who had a long redemption arc and fundamentally changed afterwards. 

You won't get that with today's redemption arcs which is why I don't root for them. They are badly told and end up neutering the character in the end which is why I rather have bad characters stay that way.

• Love 6
44 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I loved the look of realization on Claire's face and her "What the hell is wrong me?" was well played by ORK.  I do like seeing her and Eve working together to come up with a way to frame Ben--normally I hate watching innocent people being framed for crimes they didn't commit but Ben and Ciara are just so unlikeable that I'm enjoying their angst.  It's the same with Haley. she is completely uninteresting and to know that Claire is being destroyed at Haley and Ben's alters is annoying as hell.  And won't we all love watching Ben and Ciara trick Claire and get the goods on her so Ciara can once again win and be declared Horton Princess II?  Yeah, me neither.

I did love the Gabi, Sonny and Will scenes and her joy over their marriage was as beautifully played as her devastation at Will's sickness.

Ciara isn't that much different from Abby except she doesn't have a mental illness to fall back on. 

Abby actually is a better character in comparison because she actually had slightly better development with her interactions with other characters, having a job, friends etc before they saddled her with two kids.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, tribeca said:

Claire needs help. Where is Marlena?  She heard the ring tone.  Figured it all out. Leaves but doesn’t ever call or come back. That part of story did not seem in character for Marlena.  

I think she's got that vague feeling like she knows something but hasn't figured it out yet.

• Love 7

Claire is a nut job. The girl set two fires & almost kills her cousin in one & the man she supposedly loves. Cook-coo!!! Then you have Eve saying, “Claire, don’t start anymore fires” like she’s saying “Don’t say curse words anymore”. LOL!!!!! Claire needs a quick to Shady Brook or wherever Salem crazy people go. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, tribeca said:

Ben was really dumb not to get a lawyer.  He knows the drill by now.   Ciara could be a much better character if she could see Ben does have faults and if she cared about others.   Right now her whole life is just about Ben and she doesn’t see others pain.  She lacks empathy for anyone not named Ben. JMHO  

Great post!  And you nailed it perfectly for what the biggest problem is for me with Ciara.  If she wasn't always so snide, superior or uninterested in everyone else, if she expressed any real concern for anyone other than Ben, and by extension, herself, I think I'd feel differently about her.  

Her utter arrogance about Ben puts me off, even when she may technically be right, she's all wrong in her lack of caring, her utter indifference to how and why others - like Eve - may not be so inclined to give her boyfriend the benefit of the doubt.  

I think it's a shame that Show has saddled RSW with this serial killer character when there's several ways they could have brought him back without him being the necktie killer.  That's never going to change and he's never going to be a rootable character for me.  Whatever the name of the actor is who plays Ciara, she can take a flying leap.  If she's able to express anything other than smug superiority I've yet to see it.

All in all I thought today's show was really good.  KdP showed her acting chops with both Claire and Ben, and I thought those two did also did very well.  

Sonny and Will were good, and then when Gabi came in, all three of them were great!  Knowing that the likelihood of Will dying is next to nothing made it fun to watch Gabi's over-the-top reactions and as usual, those three have great friend chemistry.  BTW, Freddie Smith just keeps getting better looking each day, whatever he's doing, I hope he keeps doing it.

I don't usually comment on clothes because I usually don't care, but what the hell was Jenn dressed as today?  She looked like SNL's Church Lady, or like wardrobe got ahold of Aunt Bea's wardrobe from the Andy Griffith Show.  The only thing missing was Jenn showing up at the Salem PD with a basket of fried chicken for Otis and exclaming, "My Stars and Garters, Andy!".

She keeps looking like that and Jack will never WANT to get his memory back.

• LOL 3
  • Love 15

Jen was wearing some super high heels.

Claire, you need a few sessions with a really good shrink. If you can't have Tripp, than no one else can? Ummmmm. Set him free and let him come back to you. You are young but your idea of love for him isn't love. He has the free will to choose you or someone else. You did have some awareness that you tried to burn two people alive but didn't seem to really care. Add Ciara as the third. Bad idea to confide in Eve. She will turn this against you.

Ciara, get over yourself and the wonderful Ben Weston. Too bad the show couldn't find some twin or that he was a doppelganger for Ben Weston. What he said was right about Claire and the fires and the ringtone, etc. He should be talking to Eli or some other police officer and not the Commissioner. Plus he should have a lawyer. The plan of moving away from Ben may not work.

Even Tripp is puzzled about why Ben would have any interest in burning the cabin. Hopefully the Salem police will check Ben's ferry ticket, determine the fire started before he even arrived at the island.

Will, you do not need to marry Sonny even if these are the last days of your life. Famous last words.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I think with Ben he's too "real" for a Days villain same with Clyde which is why I find them scarier than the Dimeras at this point because you know a Clyde or a Ben in RL.  Many don't survive to tell the tale.

I find that harder to overcome plus its 2019 these things don't fly like they used to I mean I love Jack but he's a rapist who had a long redemption arc and fundamentally changed afterwards. 

You won't get that with today's redemption arcs which is why I don't root for them. They are badly told and end up neutering the character in the end which is why I rather have bad characters stay that way.

This won't ever happen, but the writers should realize before they take a character down a certain path, that there are somethings characters can't come back from even if they have the most excellent writing in the world.

I find the Dimeras to be complete jokes at this point.

• Love 8
29 minutes ago, boes said:

Great post!  And you nailed it perfectly for what the biggest problem is for me with Ciara.  If she wasn't always so snide, superior or uninterested in everyone else, if she expressed any real concern for anyone other than Ben, and by extension, herself, I think I'd feel differently about her.  

Her utter arrogance about Ben puts me off, even when she may technically be right, she's all wrong in her lack of caring, her utter indifference to how and why others - like Eve - may not be so inclined to give her boyfriend the benefit of the doubt.  

I think it's a shame that Show has saddled RSW with this serial killer character when there's several ways they could have brought him back without him being the necktie killer.  That's never going to change and he's never going to be a rootable character for me.  Whatever the name of the actor is who plays Ciara, she can take a flying leap.  If she's able to express anything other than smug superiority I've yet to see it.

All in all I thought today's show was really good.  KdP showed her acting chops with both Claire and Ben, and I thought those two did also did very well.  

Sonny and Will were good, and then when Gabi came in, all three of them were great!  Knowing that the likelihood of Will dying is next to nothing made it fun to watch Gabi's over-the-top reactions and as usual, those three have great friend chemistry.  BTW, Freddie Smith just keeps getting better looking each day, whatever he's doing, I hope he keeps doing it.

I don't usually comment on clothes because I usually don't care, but what the hell was Jenn dressed as today?  She looked like SNL's Church Lady, or like wardrobe got ahold of Aunt Bea's wardrobe from the Andy Griffith Show.  The only thing missing was Jenn showing up at the Salem PD with a basket of fried chicken for Otis and exclaming, "My Stars and Garters, Andy!".

They tend to always dress MR old, frumpy & dowdy. Today her look was very severe. She’s only 52 but they dress her old. Whereas Eve & Hope dress fresh, classy & edgy. I don’t if it’s wardrobe or MR decision and/or preference?!

• Love 3
(edited)
13 hours ago, buffynut said:

I know I'm in the minority group who like both Ben, and Cin.

I'm in that minority.  I'm glad I got a chance to see Ben "somewhat" atone for his crimes after his character was drastically changed.  And at least he has remorse for what he did.  Many of the current, former criminals/hypocrites of Salem act like they have never done anything deplorable.  And as we know, most of them have.  Granted most of them are not murderers, but some have come extremely close.  

On another note, why has Melinda not tried to help her sister/daughter, Haley.  She is a lawyer.  Did she get disbarred?     

Edited by A.J.
forgot to add info
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, boes said:

Victoria Konefal(Ciara)  however I did like her scenes with Kayla talking about her rape she seemed vulnerable and Ciara wasn't so awful. I thought hey they might actually go somewhere with Ciara then afterwards she got into that motorcycle accident and met Ben.

Went downhill ever since.

• Love 5
41 minutes ago, TigerLynx said:

This won't ever happen, but the writers should realize before they take a character down a certain path, that there are somethings characters can't come back from even if they have the most excellent writing in the world.

I find the Dimeras to be complete jokes at this point.

They are but there was always a fantasy element to their villainy plus back then they seemed separate from everyone else and weren't a focal point over the Hortons, Bradys etc. They came did damage and left only to do it again a few months later.

Then the 90s happened and they started to be the focal point. Which seemed to work at the time because it was more about Peter/Kristen(who weren't too far gone at that point) than Stefano.

Then in the 2000s/2010s the Dimeras became like every other family in town and they shouldn't have been. They stopped being credible as the family of evil after that. 

• Love 4