Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Whoa Eric you needed to back off. 

Poor Will 😢. Days ?  Not years or even months but days.  You need to call your parents now or at least in the next episode.  

Maggie is all drunk, slurring words looking very elegant with her pearls.  She is just too pretty even drunk.  

Jennifer was feisty, fun and strong standing up to Jack. He is a jerk but she sees goodness in him. 

Eve good to know you are not totally heartless.    

• Love 10

What a difference a day makes.  Eve vs. Xander is so much more fun to watch than Eve vs. Haley Chen.  

I'm sure Kristin is cunning enough to set up some kind of random bank account that she can access in her Nicole disguise.  I'm more annoyed with the implication that Kristin was so sloppy that she used a body that proved Holly wasn't in that van.  Was she short on time or resources?  Good grief, writers.

I liked Brady mothering Maggie, and suspect it fed into her feeling emotionally broken right now and will only encourage her to drink again.  The beginning of a vicious cycle.

Jennifer realizing her arguments with Jack seem to be triggering his memory makes me hope they drag this out a little longer now that it's finally getting interesting.  

• Love 7
20 hours ago, Giuseppe said:

I tell you what,  I am only following the JJ/Haley story because I love JJ/Casey Moss. I have absolutely zero interest or investment in Haley. Nothing against the actress herself, but I just think her acting is pretty bad. Not Charity Whats-her-name who played Belle once levels of bad, but its kinda close. Plus, to me she just looks kinda young and I have a hard time seeing her as anyone's romantic partner (plus the bad acting). Also, she was onscreen for like 2 minutes before we got thrust into all of this illegal immigrant business and I feel like we didn't really get to know her well enough before we were supposed to care about her. Maybe If she had been in the fold for a year or so and interacted with more characters and established more connections and had developed genuine bonds with people, I would care more about what's happening with her. Not that I don't sympathize with her situation, but as of now, I'm kind of rooting for deportation.

I also wish they'd give Jack more to do than just spout off to people and then look all dumbstruck when they go off on him like it was a totally unexpected response. I'm hoping Jack changes soon or that he and Eve get some much needed comeuppance because it's bad enough watching awful people in power get away with this kind of stuff in real life. I don't want to watch a replay on my show, lol.

Exactly.

If there's an example of how not to introduce a newbie this was it. They introduced her via suicide attempt and then gave her every calamity known to man afterwards but she's not proactive in her own life. If she was shady and using JJ but ended up falling for him  this would've been better. Or if they just had her be a nurse JJ thought was cute and started to want more after a long while that would've been better. 

I agree they are forced and rushed it really sucks this is the best they can give JJ/Casey when I can think of plenty of other stories for him. 

Honestly this is how all of this should've transpired. 

JJ/Haley meet at the hospital they find the other attractive but both choose not to get involved because they work together(what do you know an organic obstacle) so they decide to be friends. Meanwhile Tripp does meet her and Haley likes him but realizes he has a GF in Claire. Haley could've come between Tripp/Claire this way without coming across as terrible for marrying another girl's boyfriend.  Meanwhile we get to know Haley and her relationship with Melinda she does find out that Melinda is really her mom not her sister and we find out their backstory.

JJ is dealing with Jack's return and Eve back in his crosshairs. Jack meanwhile is curious about his past and drawn to Jennifer. Eve wants to make Ben suffer and JJ is offering to help her make it happen they become drawn to each other again in the process possibly rekindling their affair. 

JJ/Haley bond over their respective family dramas while Haley is with Tripp and JJ is with Eve.

Instead we got this awful storyline.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

I wonder how Melissa Reeves felt having to reference Peter? Hoo boy.

Word was they were bringing Peter back and even cast an actor(Michael Lowry) but MR squashed it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
Just now, CanaryFan98 said:

Word was they were bringing Peter back and even cast an actor(Michael Lowry) but MR squashed it. 

If true, that's bullshit. She is an ACTOR not TPTB. Act what you are given and STFU. Don't cheat again and she will be fine.

• Love 13

There were some really good one on one scenes today:  Maggie & Brady, for once I liked Brady he was calm but forceful with Maggie about her drinking, Suzanne Rogers is just terrific with her scenes of feeling vulnerable & broken, even Eric Martsolf brought some acting chops today(until he turned into "Hulk" and broke down Nicole's door).  The one on one between Jack & Jennifer was well done, love the looks they were giving each other & how Jack is so confused that he might be remembering his life with Jenn.  And then Eve & Xander...what a pair they are.  Paul Telfer is very good in his 'broody" role...I enjoy his 'bad boy" attitude.  So today, made for a good day to watch.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Jennifer realizing her arguments with Jack seem to be triggering his memory makes me hope they drag this out a little longer now that it's finally getting interesting.

They're going to have to get Rolf's diary in days to prevent Will from dying.  Once that shows up, Jack's memory will be next.

• Love 3

I too enjoyed today's episode.

Same question of how 'Nicole' can afford to stay at the Salem Inn. She also threw some of the hotel room stuff around so that would be added to her bill.

No one at the Kiriakis mansion will notice the liquor store bill increasing? Maggie has been very good with the alcohol relapse. Too bad her seeing 'Kristen' in Nicole's room will temporarily fall on deaf Brady ears.

Eric, do stay away from 'Nicole'. And instead of looking at her as if she behaves this way because she is 'grieving', use some common sense. Question her motives. And maybe take some fingerprints or something to check out if it is really your beloved Nicole. Everyone assumes that the returned from the dead folks are who they are. Brady, the Salem Inn will most likely send you a bill for the hotel room door.

Eve, you do have a smallish heart - yeah, it sucks to help Will because then Jack might be next and your little play space will most likely disintegrate if Jack remembers who he is and goes back to Jenn. Or he may just choose you. Xander can be interesting in a rogue-ish way.

The Will thing is happening a bit too fast.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Eve, you do have a smallish heart - yeah, it sucks to help Will because then Jack might be next and your little play space will most likely disintegrate if Jack remembers who he is and goes back to Jenn. Or he may just choose you.

Oh, HELL NO. Nope. Uh uh. Nyet. Nay. Negative. Not!Eve would be great paired with that dude that wears a long robe, hood, and carries that awesome scythe, though! Although, judging by his bony face, he could use a hamburger or a thousand.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

They're going to have to get Rolf's diary in days to prevent Will from dying.  Once that shows up, Jack's memory will be next.

Except I thought that caused Will's tumor.  Why would Jack take it?

• Love 2
7 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

If true, that's bullshit. She is an ACTOR not TPTB. Act what you are given and STFU. Don't cheat again and she will be fine.

I'm amazed she's still being given so much clout.   I can obviously understand why Jason Brooks would never be allowed back but MR not wanting Peter is stupid. She should not be allowed to dictate such a decision. That was what like 20 years ago, move on. Gee I guess being caught screwing around by your husband stings.

• Love 13
4 hours ago, howmanywords said:

I'm amazed she's still being given so much clout.   I can obviously understand why Jason Brooks would never be allowed back but MR not wanting Peter is stupid. She should not be allowed to dictate such a decision. That was what like 20 years ago, move on. Gee I guess being caught screwing around by your husband stings.

i missed jennifer's reference about peter blake. can you tell me what happened?

• Love 1
6 hours ago, msrachelj said:

i missed jennifer's reference about peter blake. can you tell me what happened?

Jack made a comment to Jennifer about her dressing up as a prison guard, and Jennifer explained to him that it must of been a memory from when she dressed up as a prison guard to see him when he was convicted of murdering Peter Blake.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Jack made a comment to Jennifer about her dressing up as a prison guard, and Jennifer explained to him that it must of been a memory from when she dressed up as a prison guard to see him when he was convicted of murdering Peter Blake.  

Which they couldn't flash back to because I believe both J & J were recasts at the time.

If MR really had enough clout to prevent a Peter recast, I doubt he'd even be mentioned by name by her in the episode.  But she does have the right, as an actress, to leave at any time.  And she has.  This show does not need Peter Blake, especially since most returns are just for name recognition over character importance. 

• Love 11
5 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Which they couldn't flash back to because I believe both J & J were recasts at the time.

If MR really had enough clout to prevent a Peter recast, I doubt he'd even be mentioned by name by her in the episode.  But she does have the right, as an actress, to leave at any time.  And she has.  This show does not need Peter Blake, especially since most returns are just for name recognition over character importance. 

Most people don’t even remember Peter Blake. I knew the name but had to look up Jason Brooks. I couldn’t remember his face. I had also forgotten he was on Baywatch. You gotta love the 90’s. LOL!!!

• Love 5
On 5/31/2019 at 10:33 PM, Frozendiva said:

No one at the Kiriakis mansion will notice the liquor store bill increasing? Maggie has been very good with the alcohol relapse. Too bad her seeing 'Kristen' in Nicole's room will temporarily fall on deaf Brady ears.

They just got rid of lush Leo. And Xander is staying there (and has off and on) so the bill probably has stayed the same or always fluctuated wildly.

The decanter thing I’ve pretty much only seen USED in soaps or old movies. They do sell nice ones at Crate and Barrel and luxury dept stores so I’m obviously not mixing it up w people of Kiriakis or DiMera level 💰 they probably use little dishes of sea salt with a sterling silver spoon instead of a shaker too. 

• LOL 5
10 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

This show does not need Peter Blake, especially since most returns are just for name recognition over character importance. 

But isn't Peter Kristin's brother?  It might be interesting to see some interaction with her brother. Maybe bring out a different side. And also have Peter interact with Stefan.

Depending on how it's written, I'd like to see Peter back in town. FU Missy! It takes 2 to tango and Missy, you are no innocent...even though you like being portrayed that way.

• Love 5

I agree it's nice seeing Eve have a heart. 

I forget, why does Brady live in Victor's mansion? How old is the character supposed to be? I know adults who stay at home because housing's so expensive and that people in other cultures do until they get married, but a wealthy American guy Brady's age typically has his own place. I'm not judging adults who live at home, just curious about Brady. I know Days has a tight budget, but I would think they'd give a reason Brady isn't out on his own. 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, MsTree said:

But isn't Peter Kristin's brother?  It might be interesting to see some interaction with her brother. Maybe bring out a different side. And also have Peter interact with Stefan.

Yes, he is.  Honestly, I don't think we need Kristin either and haven't since her initial 1001 personalities  The show isn't interested in other sides of her.  They tap into Kristin largely when they want her specific brand of crazy on the canvas to shake things up.  Then she "dies" or something.  Speaking of Stefan, I'd be shocked if Kristin had scenes with him. Being related by blood doesn't inherently a story make which is why I wish they'd stop thinking that everyone needs to be related to someone in lieu of creating a spot on them via good old fashioned storytelling.

Anyway, I'm not buying that they've been dying to bring Peter back.  Melissa has left the show three times during which they could have brought him back. If it was ever considered, it was likely just one of their whims. 

• Love 7
(edited)
10 hours ago, MsTree said:

Depending on how it's written, I'd like to see Peter back in town. FU Missy! It takes 2 to tango and Missy, you are no innocent...even though you like being portrayed that way.

He is but Kristen is the more memorable sibling even though I have no use for her unless Eileen is playing her. I did like Peter/Jennifer together(when MR was Jennifer) they had chem so the RL affair didn't surprise me considering how their romantic scenes played out....

However he was a blip on the J&J radar much like Eve was. Honestly J&J's biggest obstacle was themselves the outsiders really didn't rate to me at least. Plus with the recasts involved in that dynamic back then and how the second time around for J&J pretty much negated the Peter years I don't think it would work this time around. Especially with a recast Peter.  I rather the show delve into Jack's missing years. 

4 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Yes, he is.  Honestly, I don't think we need Kristin either and haven't since her initial 1001 personalities  The show isn't interested in other sides of her.  They tap into Kristin largely when they want her specific brand of crazy on the canvas to shake things up.  Then she "dies" or something.  Speaking of Stefan, I'd be shocked if Kristin had scenes with him. Being related by blood doesn't inherently a story make which is why I wish they'd stop thinking that everyone needs to be related to someone in lieu of creating a spot on them via good old fashioned storytelling.

Anyway, I'm not buying that they've been dying to bring Peter back.  Melissa has left the show three times during which they could have brought him back. If it was ever considered, it was likely just one of their whims. 

I agree with this but Kristen and Peter aren't blood Dimeras 

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 5

The only Dimeras I'm interested in seeing on the show are Johnny and Sydney with their sister Allie, and I don't want it to be a SL of they're Dimeras (J&S, not A)  so they can't help but be bad nonsense.  Actually, write for the characters not just their last name.

• Love 7

Except on this show just slapping the name Dimera is all that's needed apparently yet none of the embody the menacing cache of the name except Kristen and she's not even blood related. The Dimeras are a joke now ever since they became like everyone else in Salem.

As someone mentioned earlier in this thread this show has no problem bringing on as many Dimeras as possible because they want to write for those characters but not an Andrew Donovan, Stephanie Johnson etc who would be more useful to me than a retcon Dimera would. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I agree it's nice seeing Eve have a heart. 

I forget, why does Brady live in Victor's mansion? How old is the character supposed to be? I know adults who stay at home because housing's so expensive and that people in other cultures do until they get married, but a wealthy American guy Brady's age typically has his own place. I'm not judging adults who live at home, just curious about Brady. I know Days has a tight budget, but I would think they'd give a reason Brady isn't out on his own. 

Will and Sonny and Sarah live there, too. And I think Arianna lives there as well, though her mother doesn't.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Speaking of Stefan, I'd be shocked if Kristin had scenes with him.

She did last Fall, when Stefan helped her hide out in the secret room in the tunnels behind the wardrobe...

I'd pay good money to see Jason Brooks back on the show as Peter.

• Love 8
20 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Will and Sonny and Sarah live there, too. And I think Arianna lives there as well, though her mother doesn't.

Those characters are all a lot younger than Brady, though, right? I think Will and Sonny are in their 20’s, and Sarah might be older but is also probably around 10 years younger than Brady. It gets a bit confusing with the actor ages and the writers changing the ages around. 

I’m all for people living rent free in a mansion if they can (sign me up matter of fact! Lol), and I have a lot of friends from other cultures or who are still on the young side who do. It’s just not the norm for Americans who have money and are in their 40’s. 

• Love 3

I did enjoy Julie and Jack today.  It also made me hope that one of the first flashbacks/remembrances he has is of being visited by his late fathers.  Those ghost segments with his late fathers used to do such a wonderful job at explaining who created him and what he wanted to run away from. He could use that lesson today.

I also really liked Xander and Maggie today.  They were adorable snoozing on that couch.  He's being used in interesting ways this return.

• Love 14

Stefan is the biggest mistake of Chloe's life?  She must have had a mistake-free life prior to that, then.

"You're still an excruciating, relentless cow."

Now that Xander has given us the sob story about his childhood, will his mother show and reveal that Victor is his real father?

Chloe and Rex?

• Love 8
46 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Now that Xander has given us the sob story about his childhood, will his mother show and reveal that Victor is his real father?

I had this same thought. I'll be shocked if his mother doesn't appear in the future.

Loved the brief Chloe/Rex scene. They're cute. Maggie/Xander were really cute, too.

Skipped all the Kristen/Brady and Eric/Sarah scenes because I just don't care.

The Gabi/Stefan scenes were kinda boring unfortunately. I feel like I'm already growing tired of them lol.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

The Gabi/Stefan scenes were kinda boring unfortunately. I feel like I'm already growing tired of them lol.

Its not as if they have development beyond sex I mean yeah they have chemistry and sex appeal but eventually that gets old if there's nothing else behind it.

• Love 1

At least they tried to connect the mask nonsense to the show's history, and even took the time to explain Dr Rolf's motivation.  It's nice to see characters openly talk about the outlandish aspects of the show in a realistic manner.    

How funny that they let us see a humane side of Xander in the same episode that Kristin is relegated to chewing the scenery and twirling her mustache.  I hope there's more to her return than another round of the same-old-same-old but, obviously, I'm not holding my breath.  

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Stefan is the biggest mistake of Chloe's life?  She must have had a mistake-free life prior to that, then.

You would think it was when she falsely accused Phillip of raping her.

Or her short term career as a prostitute thanks to Kate.

Or fucking Daniel. Literally.

• Love 7

Does Brady wear some special cologne that drives the average Salem woman mad?

Enjoyed Maggie and Xander.

Nicristen, cleaning up the hotel room trashing won't be cheap.

Chloe, Stefan is to blame for Stefan's behavior. You have not led an innocent life so this is just another in a series of bad moves for you. Rex may be a better choice for you.

Nice reference to Dr. Rolf's masks to tie in to the Nicole story.

Eve, you really should have snooped and opened the door.

• Love 5
(edited)
3 hours ago, MollyWebber said:

Yay a Chloe/Rex scene! I hope they go that route, finally. I don't care if he cheated on Sarah lol. He's still a better person than more than half the people in this town. And the way Sarah has been mooning over Eric is more than I can stomach. Hopefully they send her back Xander's way and Eric can go back to moping in his mirror.

I so very much agree.  Rex may be a dawg but he's the only semi-normal, almost adult male in this current line-up of the Salem Male Moob chorus line.  If Sarah wants to spend her energy on a guy like Eric who probably puts on blinders before he changes his underwear and says three Hail Marys after sex, so be it.  Free Rex is the motto for my next tee shirt.

Any chance Kristen is leaving soon, REAL soon?   I've been underwhelmed by the character pretty much forever, no matter who plays her.  And this latest return from the dead is about 3 returns from the dead too many.  Next time she dies, rocket her remains into space.

I liked Xander and Maggie, too.  Him getting the sadz about his mom and her drinking was a touching story and all, but it doesn't change the fact that it's because of him that Maggie is grieving a granddaughter who isn't dead.    I like the actor but Xander is best in small doses and I've already overdosed on him.

Jack should demand more scenes with Julie because him having to listen to that self-satisfied, smug, brainless horse's ass braying at him automatically makes him more sympathetic a character to me.  I bet Chloe could have chased those blues away if she'd just stuffed those napkins in Julie's big mouth.

Between her and Kristen today, my ears hurt.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8

I actually found Julie likable in her scenes with Chloe and Jack. 

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975cf62900566d506e67

Chloe and Rex have great chemistry and kinda similar personalities. 

Xander being endearing with Maggie and musing in his accent reminded me of Spike with Joyce or Dawn on Buffy

• Love 9
On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 10:44 PM, enchantingmonkey said:

Wait, did they explain why the autopsy report proved it wasn't Holly?  Was that because they didn't put a young female's body in the van?  

They didn't explain it, but they DID put a young girl's body in the van. I can only assume that they checked dental records and/or DNA to determine that it wasn't Holly. Also, the cause of death would likely have been something other than trauma/fire.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Xander being endearing with Maggie and musing in his accent reminded me of Spike with Joyce or Dawn on Buffy

Awww. That hadn't occurred to me but now, there's a sweet hint of nostalgia for me. How I loved Spike and his tenderness back then! 

• Love 6

I need it explained to me why Haley a grown woman in her twenties can't travel to Canada by herself.  She has money and a passport, she should be able to do this on her own but no, Tripp needs to go with her.  I guess she still doesn't know how to read or make change, despite being the best nurse in Salem.

The more the show works to convince me that Claire is the Evilest Eviler who ever Evilered, the more sympathy I have for her and how her character is being crapped on to prop Ben and Haley.

• Love 9

I actually got a big kick out of today's show....Jack's show-down with his Dad...good stuff!  Rory asking Eve for his Weed back, LOL.  Claire's almost confession to her Grandma...Marlena should have been talking to her grand-daughter weeks ago.  OHH OH...Ben hears that distinctive ring-tone on Claire's phone!   

• Love 8
2 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I need it explained to me why Haley a grown woman in her twenties can't travel to Canada by herself.  She has money and a passport, she should be able to do this on her own but no, Tripp needs to go with her.  I guess she still doesn't know how to read or make change, despite being the best nurse in Salem.

1 hour ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I actually got a big kick out of today's show....Jack's show-down with his Dad...good stuff!  Rory asking Eve for his Weed back, LOL.  Claire's almost confession to her Grandma...Marlena should have been talking to her grand-daughter weeks ago.  OHH OH...Ben hears that distinctive ring-tone on Claire's phone!   

Yes, Jack is expecting JJ to bring Haley back so it's not like anyone is looking for her with her new identity.  If there was any good time to try this, now would be it.  But, of course, women on this show are incompetent and need to be "protected."  Jack really is kind of an idiot if he didn't expect JJ to double cross him.  Now JJ just needs to figure out how to turn his being arrested in to a PR nightmare for Jack.

Marlena is also suspicious of the ringtone.  I'll take it.  I'll take Claire being caught on a wildlife cam.  I'll even take some random bear suddenly gaining the ability to speak and identifying Claire if it will only make this story line GO AWAY.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
50 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Why has nobody bothered to do a GPS check on JJ's phone?

Is assault on a public official more of a felony than assaulting somebody else?

JJ is awesome.

In Salem, it should be required.

• LOL 7
  • Love 7

Decent ep, but then I fast forwarded all the scenes involving Haley.

JJ's "You're that scared of a tiny little woman" was annoying. I mean she just knocked Jack out so.

Still enjoy Claire's craziness and how ORK is portraying it. I mean I would have preferred they not throw Claire under the bus to prop Ben and Haley, but it is what is it. At least ORK has made it entertaining and interesting.

• Love 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Why has nobody bothered to do a GPS check on JJ's phone?

Is assault on a public official more of a felony than assaulting somebody else?

JJ is awesome.

JJ is using a burner phone he discarded his old phone. I also enjoy the JJ/Jack dynamic today they are really my favorite pair on the show right now (even though they aren't an actual couple). Someone brought up how he could make it a nightmare this probably will be what Jennifer does being owner of the Spectator she can shape the narrative of Jack having their son arrested... 

The whole Tripp/Haley thing is a plot point so Claire can go off the deep end when she sees them together although I don't like the show making women either crazy or helpless. 

It was nice seeing JJ be devious again reminded me of the time he and Rory teamed up to set up Theresa for embezzling funds from the hospital so he would have something over her while she was blackmailing him with him violating his probation by giving her drugs she OD'd on.

If Jack could get JJ to join the dark side and both leave Eve behind...

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 3

Couldn't Haley just disappear to another city or state or get to Canada on her own? I doubt that her face would be plastered everywhere. Just relying on JJ or Tripp or whoever to rescue her. Come up with your own plan, kiddo. You are a smart woman who is probably approaching her mid-twenties.

Good for JJ for not giving in to his father.

Marlena seemed unusually interested in Claire's phone's ringtone. And of course Eve called her right in front of Ben and Ciara. What impeccable timing!

Will, why don't you write your own story? Guess with him having 'days' to live, Sami and co. will probably be called.

• Love 5