Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I know its par for the course at this point to roll my eyes at some of the emmy nominations but seeing Kate Mansi nominated and the fabulous Camila Banus not is bizarre.

They obviously meant for it to be serious but I found myself laughing at the Ben/Ciara scene after the gunshots. They way she was clutching him was like a child clinging to her teddy bear. But yeah I guess its nice Ben saved her for the umteenth time?

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

I know its par for the course at this point to roll my eyes at some of the emmy nominations but seeing Kate Mansi nominated and the fabulous Camila Banus not is bizarre.

How many episodes is the minimum/maximum to qualify for Guest star Emmy?

I kind of wished that AS was nominated as Sami's character brings life to the normally dull DOOL.

• Love 6
43 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

They obviously meant for it to be serious but I found myself laughing at the Ben/Ciara scene after the gunshots. They way she was clutching him was like a child clinging to her teddy bear. But yeah I guess its nice Ben saved her for the umteenth time?

I can't buy Ben as hero for even a minute, but it's Ciara I really can't stand.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Tripp, I thought you were a bit smarter than you are. You should have given Eve a fake neighbor name. She would have no idea who lived next to you.

At least Haley was sitting down a bit and she didn't point as much. How nice that her sister has done nothing for her. JJ, you would be a fool to marry her. Don't know if that works now. Maybe she could go back to China and get some sort of work visa or the 90 Day Fiance K1 visa. Melinda is a lawyer, and probably could find some legal loophole to sponsor her. Dumb story.

Did like Jennifer throwing the water in Jack's face.

Claire, your little plans are going to go belly-up. Eve will throw you under the bus.

For such an estate, the DiMera mansion and grounds seem super-easy to access. The goons would not normally miss their target.

Ben, get your life in order and maybe let Ciara grow up a little. The whole serial killer backstory for you is problematic for a lot of people. Maybe not in Salem as some have still yet to reach your body count.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
35 minutes ago, boes said:

I haven't cared about Ciara since she was a Demon Child. They shouldn't have aged her.

At least VK is a way better actress than the last chick.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

It's true that Jennifer shouldn't be doing this story.  But his comments about killing himself to get away from her were really hurtful.

5 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

That was fucked up, but I laughed lol.

I loved that whole "maybe I threw myself down the elevator" comment followed by the water being throw in his face.   Yes it was brutal and cruel but it was also kind of funny and not political*.  More importantly, it was 100% him and out of his frustration with her.  In fact, this was one of the better Jack days in a long time because he did what he wanted to do.  It wasn't what Eve wanted him to do.  He set up the interview with Jennifer even though she didn't want him to go through with it.  He conducted the interview without Eve hovering over his shoulder. 

*Soaps can do topical stories.  Or they can do politics where people fight over fake things.  But having a political story about a real political issue with real political rhetoric doesn't work on soaps.  The soap writers of today don't have the skill or the research money to make that work.  And we get plenty of this in either our real lives, on social media or on the news.  It'd be nice to have an escape from it on TV.

It's especially egregious here because they're using a 2019 issue (although it has been the subject of debate forever, probably) but using 1980s solutions.  You can't recreate the plot to Green Card here. 

1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Tripp, I thought you were a bit smarter than you are. You should have given Eve a fake neighbor name. She would have no idea who lived next to you.

Not only that, but he just glossed over the fact that Jack was sitting in his restaurant even though he had supposedly been with Eve a short time ago.  He got there that fast because he wasn't with Eve!

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 2

Even though I hate that Jack is in this particular storyline I do like that Jack is less of a buffoon this time around. 

I just wish he interacted with other characters not named Eve like Victor, Maggie, Justin etc.

Speaking of Justin as glad as I am to see him I need him free of this storyline as well. I mean either its this or Wilson hell. Poor guy at least give me a Jack/Justin scene.

• Love 2
On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 5:29 PM, Kitty Redstone said:

Thanks, nilyank!

Just wanted to add that when the real Princess Gina came back (Stefano had been holding her prisoner for years) her goal was to resume her life with John and Greta. 

The Real Princess Gina is actually older than Hope so when she escaped she put in motion a plan to impersonate Hope.  She had some minor plastic surgery to look younger to match Hope's age.  Interestingly enough the writers took an interesting turn with her, when she realized that John was firmly committed to Marlena, Gina actually fell for Bo while impersonating Hope.  She became content with spending the rest of her life as Hope, she was in love with Bo and planning a wedding to him, and she had Greta close by.  Because Hope and Greta had become like "mother/daughter" Gina was able to be a mother to Greta, start a new life with Bo, and have John as her friend.  That was until Shawn D killed her.

Speaking of Greta, it seems like all the people she was close to on the show could use her.  It would be nice to see Hope have a loving relationship with her surrogate daughter.  I would much rather see Eric and Greta reunite than to see him with Sara, and now that Jack is back, he could use his former best friend.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
39 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Thank you, JBC344! 

Greta is before my time so I'll do some reading up on her.  Why did Shawn D. kill Gina, and where was Hope during all of this?

No problem!!!!

Shawn was the only person to catch on that Gina was impersonating Hope.  He knew that something wasn't right with his mother.  At the time his suspicions were quelled by everyone because of everything Hope had gone through in the last few years with the brainwashing.  At this point Princess Gina had gone through so much with her imprisonment and finally getting a second chance at happiness with Bo and Greta she wasn't going to let Shawn D ruin it for her.  If I remember correctly she was trying to kill him on the night she and Bo were married.  Shawn  and Gina were tussling on the roof and over Gina went. 

Princess Gina had both Stefano and Hope locked up in the same prison that she was held in for all those years. 

Greta was a good character when they used her correctly.  She was first introduced in the beginning portion of the "Hope/Gina" storyline.  Greta was revealed to be the woman who Stefano switched with Hope and dropped in the vat of acid.  When we first met her she was living on the outskirts of Maison Blanche I believe. Hope had just been found and of course was going by the name Gina with no memories.  At one point Bo even thought that Greta was Hope.  When she was brought to Salem, John paid for her reconstructive surgery to fix her scars. 

While Greta lived in Salem there was this ongoing mystery if John was really her father.  He wasn't.  In the meantime she actually developed really sweet "mother/daughter" and "father/daughter" relationships with both John and Hope.  After Eric and Nicole imploded the first time, Eric and Greta became and item.  He cheated on Greta with Nicole and left town afterward.  Greta also became best friends with Jack, and eventually fell for him.  Which lead into the "silly/offensive for 2019" plot of Jack pretending to be gay to thwart Greta's feelings, in turn Greta sets him up with her gay friend Harold.  Don't ask.

Eventually before Greta leaves the show she is paired up with Austin briefly.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, JBC344 said:

No problem!!!!

Shawn was the only person to catch on that Gina was impersonating Hope.  He knew that something wasn't right with his mother.  At the time his suspicions were quelled by everyone because of everything Hope had gone through in the last few years with the brainwashing.  At this point Princess Gina had gone through so much with her imprisonment and finally getting a second chance at happiness with Bo and Greta she wasn't going to let Shawn D ruin it for her.  If I remember correctly she was trying to kill him on the night she and Bo were married.  Shawn  and Gina were tussling on the roof and over Gina went. 

Princess Gina had both Stefano and Hope locked up in the same prison that she was held in for all those years. 

Greta was a good character when they used her correctly.  She was first introduced in the beginning portion of the "Hope/Gina" storyline.  Greta was revealed to be the woman who Stefano switched with Hope and dropped in the vat of acid. 

JBC344, absolutely wonderful recall and retelling, thank you.

And another example of why I've got no problem with Hope killing Stefano.  What a monstrous asshole of a character.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

I asked for more Jack and I received it! I loved the banter between Jennifer and Jack -- Miss Horton (I loved how Jennifer missed half a beat when she heard him say that) -- nicely reminiscent of their past. And even better, Eve wasn't in sight at the time. I'm surprised she let him be. 

Other than that, I can't even remember what happened. Oh yeah, JJ wants to marry Haley, and Ben and Ciara were kissing and almost shot. I thought that mansion was a safety zone, but it looks like no where is safe enough for Chloe. 

Man, that Gina history is interesting and something I missed and have completely glossed over. And Greta? I guess this was during the long hiatus I took when raising a lively young girl :) Thanks for the history lesson!

• Love 5

Missy Reeves and Matthew Ashford have IT. You can't explain it but they have and always will. Just like MBE & SN & KA & PR. They 80's were a great time for the super couple. They are trying hard with Ciara & Ben but it's a different time and, oh yeah, Ben murdered 3 people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Love 13

Eric - as a former priest, you know better than to make those kind of promise - that's testing the Lord -- yeesh.  
Sarah - go confess to Brady - tell him it was your doing so we can get over the Eric/Brady brawlathon
Rex -HOW did you make it through med school bro?
Claire - Marlena needs to ship your ass over to your mother, you need guidance -- not that Belle is great but Shawn seems smart
Ciara - The shooter was aiming for the mouse-ear hairstyle -- I think you should retire than now.  Cause damn. 
Stefan - I kinda like your portrayal now, how new guy doesn't screw it up
John - If you can't tell that the Gloria Swanson wanna be is the one poisoning Marlena, you are not much of a detective
Leo - You idiot.  I'm glad Brady didn't fall for the 'bro routine but you are sooooo transparent.
JJ - Haley is just not that into you.  And WTH, how did I not notice the bearskin rug he sports undert that shirt before!
Haley - take up JJ's offer, he's a good guy.  Also, they gave you 30 days to get your affairs in order?  Don't they normally detain and ship out?  Don't waste this opportunity.
Eve - You are evil.  No sympathy for when you lose Jack.
Jack - You are an A+ JACKASS.  
Jennifer - Throw that drink in his face!  I like you as a reporter.
Marlena - glad you're back, get in touch with your progeny and short some shit out

• Love 5
10 hours ago, JBC344 said:

I also wanted to add that Bo was also suspicious of "Hope". He sobbed after he made love to her on their wedding night. Bo knew this woman was not Hope, but, could not articulate his feelings really well.  

• Love 2
11 hours ago, JBC344 said:

No problem!!!!

Wow, thanks again JBC344!  As Boes said, I'm glad Stefano is no longer a character on this show.  Kidnapping people and holding them for years, throwing people in acid, etc.  Who does that? 

I wish Shawn D was still on.  It's too bad TPTB can't coax Jason Cook to come back.  The show needs people his age, plus Hope is more interesting to me when she's interacting with characters not named Rafe.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Nothing really drew me about today's episode.  It was kind of a spinning its wheels, filler episode.

Are we supposed to be rooting for Eric and Sarah?  If so, why?

Can somebody explain to me how the hell the actress that plays Sarah got a nomination for an Emmy? She has done nothing memorable in my opinion.  All she has done is smile at Eric and lecture Rex.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
42 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Can somebody explain to me how the hell the actress that plays Sarah got a nomination for an Emmy? She has done nothing memorable in my opinion.  All she has done is smile at Eric and lecture Rex.  

I like her mostly, but yea really. She hasn't had anything to do. And yet CB wasn't even pre-nommed. I will never get over this!

Someone explain to me how marrying Tripp makes more sense to Haley than marrying JJ? I mean, I'm good with it because I much prefer the chem Haley and Tripp have and also I love crazy!Claire so I look forward to her reaction, but like I don't understand lol.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I like her mostly, but yea really. She hasn't had anything to do. And yet CB wasn't even pre-nommed. I will never get over this!

Someone explain to me how marrying Tripp makes more sense to Haley than marrying JJ? I mean, I'm good with it because I much prefer the chem Haley and Tripp have and also I love crazy!Claire so I look forward to her reaction, but like I don't understand lol.

Being married to a citizen does not guarantee that you will get to stay.  Ron needs to update himself on immigration laws. You have to prove to the government that you are gainfully employed, have a certain amount of money in the bank to prove that your spouse will not rely on any government assistance.  If your spouse does get on assistance, you will have to pay the government back.  As an immigrant, it is offensive that Ron would not take the time to read up on Immigration.  Hailey would have been taken into custody by ICE who have lots of power now.  Some scary stuff are going on and it might be off-topic to talk about. She would be put before a judge and sent to China, full stop. Ron is a fool and needs to stick to writing campy stories and throw hissy fits on twitter when people fail to not see his brilliant artistry. Ron is very thin-skinned whenever anybody disagrees with his type of writing..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

I so agree, Apprentice79. In addition to stupid smiling, she also has a nack of drinking to excess and doing stupid things. I am not sure if my problem is with the actress who is delivering the lines they give her, or with the character, so I will give the actress the benefit of the doubt. But Camila Banus should have been nominated.

I think Haley thinks that marrying Tripp will look less suspicious (right - marrying a relative stranger versus a person she has a relationship with), but is still mad a JJ (today). Plus, how else will they get Psycho Claire to weigh in?

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
26 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Being married to a citizen does not guarantee that you will get to stay.  Ron needs to update himself on immigration laws. You have to prove to the government that you are gainfully employed, have a certain amount of money in the bank to prove that your spouse will not rely on any government assistance.  If your spouse does get on assistance, you will have to pay the government back.  As an immigrant, it is offensive that Ron would not take the time to read up on Immigration.  Hailey would have been taken into custody by ICE who have lots of power now.  Some scary stuff are going on and it might be off-topic to talk about. She would be put before a judge and sent to China, full stop. Ron is a fool and needs to stick to writing campy stories and throw hissy fits on twitter when people fail to not see his brilliant artistry. Ron is very thin-skinned whenever anybody disagrees with his type of writing..

I agree, but I was trying to figure out the in-show reason why she thinks marrying Tripp is a better plan.

23 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

I think Haley thinks that marrying Tripp will look less suspicious (right - marrying a relative stranger versus a person she has a relationship with), but is still mad a JJ (today). 

OK yea that's probably it. I mean, obviously it's just to like give angst to the JJ/Haley pairing and so we can get more crazy!Claire, but I couldn't think of the story reason for it but your spec works. I mean, it doesn't because it's stupid, but the whole story is stupid so it fits lol.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2

I'm glad Haley isn't marrying JJ because I rather see him mix it up with Eve and go back to his bad boy ways. The latter is unlikely but he and Eve could happen considering they are in proximity of one another and it would be totally soapy if Jack walked in on it this time. 

That being said I'm not sure how Haley is supposed to be the sympathetic one if she's willing to marry somebody else's BF or Tripp is making some sacrifice for that matter. I get her not wanting to marry JJ but Tripp has a GF and is living with his ex GF in a loft he couldn't afford otherwise.

At least JJ is single and can afford his own place lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
22 hours ago, boes said:

Me too. She and Ben follow in the footsteps of Abigail and Dr. Tan.

When is the show going to learn not to prop characters up so horribly?

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

First things first......

Did Show really expect us to believe Hope was going to eat that donut?  How many decades has it been since Kristen Alfonso has even had a donut as close to her mouth as she did today?

How does the Brady Pub and Julie and Chloe's restaurant, The Death of Fun, stay in business with them closing at the drop of a hat so some Salem couple can have a date night?  

I'm feeling sorry for Hope, whose unlucky enough to have two blockheads after her.  She oughtta just eat that donut.

I love Casey Moss.  I liked him when he first got cast and he's just gotten better and better as time has passed.  This storyline with Haley looks to me like it's quickly heading into a suckage vortex and he deserves so much better than that.  I'm afraid Show is treating him like the new Bryan Datillo.  Show's got something good in Casey, I hope they realize it.

Haley can be deported, transported, teleported, sealed, signed and delivered for all I care.  I liked her at the start but she's just pissing me off now.  Yeah, JJ should have kept his mouth shut but Miss Thing has a high opinion of herself not backed up by the facts.

I hope she's ready for the wedding breakfast Claire is going to be fixing for her.

giphy.gif

Yum, yum, Haley, eat up!  You should have chosen the chicken.

I think JJ may have dodged a bullet.  Tripp, however, is liable to get a real bullet after pissing off Claire.

Aim for the hair, Claire, you can't miss.

• LOL 13
  • Love 6
14 minutes ago, boes said:

First things first......

Did Show really expect us to believe Hope was going to eat that donut?  How many decades has it been since Kristen Alfonso has even had a donut as close to her mouth as she did today?

How does the Brady Pub and Julie and Chloe's restaurant, The Death of Fun, stay in business with them closing at the drop of a hat so some Salem couple can have a date night?  

I'm feeling sorry for Hope, whose unlucky enough to have two blockheads after her.  She oughtta just eat that donut.

I love Casey Moss.  I liked him when he first got cast and he's just gotten better and better as time has passed.  This storyline with Haley looks to me like it's quickly heading into a suckage vortex and he deserves so much better than that.  I'm afraid Show is treating him like the new Bryan Datillo.  Show's got something good in Casey, I hope they realize it.

Haley can be deported, transported, teleported, sealed, signed and delivered for all I care.  I liked her at the start but she's just pissing me off now.  Yeah, JJ should have kept his mouth shut but Miss Thing has a high opinion of herself not backed up by the facts.

I hope she's ready for the wedding breakfast Claire is going to be fixing for her.

giphy.gif

Yum, yum, Haley, eat up!  You should have chosen the chicken.

I think JJ may have dodged a bullet.  Tripp, however, is liable to get a real bullet after pissing off Claire.

Aim for the hair, Claire, you can't miss.

I too think JJ is the next Lucas(it was sealed for me when JJ gave Lucas his Horton ornament back in December passing the torch) except he won't be a part of a popular pairing(which is probably why he has managed to stick around and not get fired all the time like BD/Lucas) the show sees him as a solo character rather than the other half of a popular pairing.

I mean his trajectory is very similar a Horton started off "bad" then became good and went downhill from there.  Except it helps that none of the Abby's want to stick around so him being Jennifer's kid helps him to give him storylines.

The Horton men(the blood ones) don't fare well on this show.

Lucas- We covered that one.

Shawn- Child of a supercouple yet he's reduced to Belle's other half and the show doesn't care about him beyond that.

Eli- Token Black character

Mike, Bill and Jeremy-MIA

Nick-Dead

Mickey- Dead but really was an afterthought/loser a lot of the time.

JJ has it slightly better than them but yeah its bad.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I watch 90 Day Fiance and the Americans are responsible for their spouses for 10 years. Either Tripp or JJ is going to take care of Haley for a decade? They will be lucky if a relationship with her lasts a month. And Tripp, you are going to seriously trigger Claire. What she did to Ciara was one thing; what she will do to Haley, another.

Haley isn't really working for me as a character. She seems to be a filler. No compelling reason to find her remotely interesting.

Geez, Ted, you couldn't show Hope your phone with the footprint pics? It is not that important. You are not going to find the goon who tried to kill Chloe within a couple of hours. Anything to spend time with Hope.

That poor donut. Destined to stay on the plate and dry up and harden until it is inedible. Hope barely eats anything.

Eric, making a promise to God to stay away from Sarah Horton? Geez. Get over your guilt complex. Does not work that way.

Rex is still an idiot for not seeing that the love of his life doesn't seem to want him in hers anymore.

I too wonder how the Salem restaurants survive and pay for staff and bills when folks can close early for whatever reason. Hope Rafe gave Roman at least $500 to cover some of the costs. Bad business practice.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I'm glad Haley isn't marrying JJ because I rather see him mix it up with Eve and go back to his bad boy ways. The latter is unlikely but he and Eve could happen considering they are in proximity of one another and it would be totally soapy if Jack walked in on it this time. 

That being said I'm not sure how Haley is supposed to be the sympathetic one if she's willing to marry somebody else's BF or Tripp is making some sacrifice for that matter. I get her not wanting to marry JJ but Tripp has a GF and is living with his ex GF in a loft he couldn't afford otherwise.

At least JJ is single and can afford his own place lol.

THIS!  Haley seems to be waiting around for the next man to rescue her--JJ and now Tripp--and it's annoying as hell.  I know that Claire's schemes will blow up in her face but at least she's doing something and not just sitting around whining.  And no, the only people to blame for Haley's immigration status are her family, not JJ, not Jack not anyone but the Trask family.

• Love 5

Great point by @boes that JJ is essentially the new Lucas in terms of a likable cute guy from a legacy family who is treated as an afterthought by show runners. In some ways I think BD/Lucas had it better and maybe was marginalized more since he has more comedic timing and sparked with snarky popular leads in Sami and his mom Kate and was always orbiting with more dynamic personalities. 

Green Card Marriage fraud carries a five year prison sentence and $250,000 fine. 

• Love 5

Excellent gif work @boes 

Diana - John is so on to you.  Also, orange is not your color.  You should skeedaddle  

I like Haley.  I think marrying ANYONE for immigration is a bad idea IRL but a well-worn trope in soap land.  There was zero legal consequences for Abigail marrying Sketchy McSketerson  Hernandez.  So, it’s possible they’ll bring on more legal ramifications but it’s a full range of nothing-to-imprisonment.

JJ - I DO like you, but don’t force kisses on Haley.

Not yet warmed up on new Stefan.  Zero sympathy.

Claire - good move with the pillow.  The pillow is your reliable friend.  

Brady - nice shoulders.  

Where’s John?  Getting Diana!

• Love 5

They tried really hard to make Barash/Stefan look like Tyler Christopher. 

I have grown to appreciate Claire. 

Only on Days does so many people drink Scotch and Bourbon and neat at that. Especially among young people. I think it’s just so the actors have something to do in scenes and the look of decanters implies wealth. Brady was subtly hinting to Gaby to go out together. They’d be pretty together but I’m not sure compatible. 

I’m not trying to be mean but I find Tripp very unattractive. It’s more than just the translucent beard and scraggly mustache with zhushed up gelled hair. His muscles are disproportionate and he had a big head. 

JJ is getting too pushy and desperate for my liking. Of course he’s a well adjusted saint compared to his toxic sister. But still he needs to take a chill pill. 

Claire’s gonna kill Haley. 

John finally caught Diana. Why do I think she killed her husband and gaslight Leo into think he did it this whole time?

• Love 9

Damn, Brandon Barash comes in like a hurricane.

Why is Brady wearing a tank top in the middle of March?

I was expecting a kiss between Stefan and Gabi when he grabbed her arm.

Look out, Haley, Claire is going to be gunning for you.  Possibly literally. I wonder if her involvement in the cabin fire will ever be revealed.

Great, Haley is going to marry Tripp but still wants JJ.

Why is Lani running around with her shirt half tucked in?

Ooh.  Nice ending.

• Love 5

So I've been waiting for SEVEN FUCKING MONTHS to see Brandon Barash and NBC picks the exact moment he opens his mouth to deliver his first line to break in with breaking news that no one gives a shit about?!

*screams* *cries* *screams again*

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

AFter so much time I want to see JJ and Gabi together again, but I know it is not possible now because he is forgiving Gabi for what she did to poor Abigail but maybe some day.  Maybe if JJ ever forgives Jack he will find it in his heart to forgive Gabi.

2 hours ago, Harmony233 said:

Tripp is a shitty boyfriend can't believe Claire is doing all this scheming for a dud like tripp.

Tripp is the only guy in Salem who is not related to her so that might have something to do with it.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
36 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Why is Brady wearing a tank top in the middle of March?

Because he's inside his house.

BB was fine. In general, I like him more than TC and find him much more attractive, but tbh I was growing kinda fond of TC in the role. He and CB were really sparking for me. I hope BB and CB can get there quick. I am tentatively feeling Brady/Gabi as well though, so we'll see.

The JJ/Haley/Tripp/Claire thing is beyond stupid. I'd normally be into this kinda stuff, but it's just too stupid and boring. I keep trying to force myself to enjoy it, but other than Claire being insane there's nothing entertaining about it.

Super pumped that John/Marlena are onto Diana. May this story quickly end now lol.

• Love 9
On 3/21/2019 at 4:09 PM, Apprentice79 said:

LG's perhaps one of the most capable actresses on the show right now. She can do drama and comedy.  I think she handled the Sarah/Rex breakup well (yeah actual tears and emotions) and so were the drunken parts.  Her scenes with Maggie, Eric and Rex are great as well.   

Brandon Barash's awesome today! He really has that mobster mannerism. Dark, menacing, ruthless and means business... This is not someone who you wanna play pillow fight or mess around with. He's an worthy adversary not a child stuck in an adult's body. 

Btw, Claire screamed into the pillow to vent her frustration was priceless. That was a typical expression of children who were just told to clean up their rooms. Don't worry Claire, We've all been therefore lol.

Edited by Guest
adding
50 minutes ago, sweetautumn said:

LG's perhaps one of the most capable actresses on the show right now. She can do drama and comedy.  I think she handled the Sarah/Rex breakup well (yeah actual tears and emotions) and so were the drunken parts.  Her scenes with Maggie, Eric and Rex are great as well.   

Brandon Barash's awesome today! He really has that mobster mannerism. Dark, menacing, ruthless and means business... This is not someone who you wanna play pillow fight or mess around with. He's an worthy adversary not a child stuck in an adult's body. 

Btw, Claire screaming into the pillow to vent her frustration was priceless. We've all been therefore. 

I can not see this Stefan being in love with a wig.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, sweetautumn said:

Brandon Barash's awesome today! He really has that mobster mannerism. Dark, menacing, ruthless and means business... This is not someone who you wanna play pillow fight or mess around with. He's an worthy adversary not a child stuck in an adult's body

You hit the nail on the head describing why I really like BB. I'm anxious to see him interacting with more of the cast.

• Love 4

Brandon Barash felt a little awkward brooding over the chess board but he owned the role by the end of his fight with Gabi.  And I say that as someone who enjoyed Tyler Christopher more and more over the past few months.    

At least they let Claire and Tripp have a relatively realistic argument over how stupid it is for him to marry Haley.  

Is it possible that we might be rid of that Dreadful Diana in the near future, or will she find a way to slither out of this?  Wasn't she wearing gloves when she handled the IV bag? 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, bobcat1946 said:

AFter so much time I want to see JJ and Gabi together again, but I know it is not possible now because he is forgiving Gabi for what she did to poor Abigail but maybe some day.  Maybe if JJ ever forgives Jack he will find it in his heart to forgive Gabi.

Tripp is the only guy in Salem who is not related to her so that might have something to do with it.

I think he can forgive her but they will never get back together. The show has no interest in them and act like they don't know each other. Which I'm ok with but why can't I get that with JJ/Lani I mean those two have zero reason to interact anymore. At least Ari is JJ's cousin.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, bobcat1946 said:

I can not see this Stefan being in love with a wig.

Oddly enough his GH character was in love with an altar and thus ruined for me afterwards.

So yeah I think that's what they had in mind when they chose him to replace Tyler. I don't doubt BB is a better Stefan but the character is still a dumpster fire just more watchable.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

BB was fine. In general, I like him more than TC and find him much more attractive, but tbh I was growing kinda fond of TC in the role. He and CB were really sparking for me. I hope BB and CB can get there quick. I am tentatively feeling Brady/Gabi as well though, so we'll see.

3 hours ago, sweetautumn said:

Overall, I like BB more than TC but TC really was nailing Stefan's growing attraction to Gabi.  He did small things like look her up and down and was antagonistic in a way that showed him getting off on how much he could get under her skin.  I was starting to feel that.

Brandon's performance today brought terror and menace to his scenes. It was well done but it was a jarring change from the way Tyler was playing him. I no longer get the "these two are about to have hate sex" vibe.  I hope they reestablish it before they actually go there. 

I liked JJ's scenes with Lani today.  Claire was very reasonable in her argument with Tripp today.  It's such a stupid idea.  Of course, any reasonable ground she has she loses since she put this all in motion.

• Love 9

I thought Gabi and Brandon Barash Stefan O. passed the chemistry test with flying colors today.  I just love that Gabi doesn't flinch or give an inch with Stefan, I'll be sad when that part of the story is over.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 9

Since Stefan despises Gabi so much he should have just handed her company like Chad was going to do and he would have gotten her out of his hair.

Instead I have to watch that evil man destroy Gabi again.,

• Love 1