Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I dunno what happened, but after today, I'm kinda all set with Leo.  Just demand a hefty divorce settlement that sets you up for life and be on your merry way.

And I probably shouldn't because he's a cheating ho, but I feel kinda bad for Rex.  Because Sarah clearly really wants Eric and now we're in for a lot of longing, puppy dog looks from the two of them.

Here for Xander messing with Eve.  More people should be making her miserable.

• Love 5

It looks like a paint store blew up all over Eve's dress.

Why doesn't Leo just get back on that app that he used to hook up with Sonny in the first place?

Rex has no business snooping in Sara's bedroom, he has no business trying to slut shame her, and he needs to shut down that junior Brady misogyny right now.

Damn, I was expecting an Eve and Xander sex scene.

Finally a conversation between Will and Jack.

Considering Noelle hasn't been on the show for years, how do people immediately knew she is when her name comes up? I wonder if Noelle knew that Rex was engaged to Sara.

It was about time for Jennifer to tell Jack to shove it.

Move on, Eric.

Edited by Silver Raven
duplicate post yet again
  • Love 6

Today's episode annoyed the hell out of me. Was it so hard for Jennifer to refer to Will as our nephew when she spoke to Jack.  She acted like Will was someone she met last week.

I always love Will and Marlena together, but, shouldn't they show concern for both Allie and Johnny who are troubled and in pain.  Will is all about Sonny and nothing else matters. It really irks me when familial connections are ignored. Ron seems to remember them when it suits his plot, like how he trashed Noelle Curtis for the insipid Rex/Sarah relationship. 

Eric moping around is just depressing. I wish the show would do something different with him. The eventual battle between Rex and Eric over Sarah bores me before it even starts because the show did this with Brady and Eric last year over Nicole. Reron is doing it again.

Leo being so powerful is ridiculous.  Victor and Justin would crush him like a bug to protect and defend Sonny. This reminds me of Nick being able to threaten Kate, Lucas and Sami, hurting Will and trying to steal his child. It was bizarro world, given the heinous things, Kate, Lucas and Sami did to each other over Will. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 7

Isn't Corday the one who doesn't like characters who aren't currently on the canvas to be talked about?  I thought that was one of his bone-headed ideas.  

Jennifer and Jack were interesting.  It amused me that she kinda pissed all over his hope for being the future mayor of Salem, then later chastised him for not being the man who could find hope in every situation.  I wondered if that was the kind of argument they'd have had in the past but Jack doesn't even realize it because of his memory loss.  So, maybe, they're already falling into familiar rhythms of behavior?  

It's crazy to me that I can sit through and possibly enjoy Sonny and Leo scenes but I can barely stand to watch either character when they're interacting with others.  

Paul Telfer seems like he's always having fun no matter awful Xander is behaving. 

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Considering Noelle hasn't been on the show for years, how do people immediately knew she is when her name comes up? I wonder if Noelle knew that Rex was engaged to Sara.

Marlena and Eric knew Noelle.  I liked that bit of continuity and I would expect Marlena and Eric to know who Andrew Donovan is, even if he has not been on the show since he was a child. The show back in the day used to have the legacy children interact with each other, setting up dynamics between them for future storylines when they come of age.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

I like Rex, I can't help it.  Emotionally immature he may be, with all the fidelity of a house fly, but the man has a charm and honesty and strange as this may sound, an emotional honesty that beats the hell out of any of his Salem peers.  Nah, no way should anybody expect him to keep it in his pants, but unlike Eric, he doesn't regard his body parts as holy relics to only be handled by the anointed.  Eric practically cried when he told Marlena that Sarah wanted to have sex with him, like it was something awful.  

Maybe this aspect of Eric was always there and I didn't see it, but he's become this massively delusional prissy asshole and he should be damn glad Nicole is dead because there's no way he could handle the messy reality of who she was.  And GOD FORBID, she might even want to get nekkid with him.  

That boy ain't right in the head.

I enjoyed Jack and Jenn's scenes, even though her telling him off was done in Jennifer's classic, tried and true passive aggressive style which she perfected on him.  I particularly enjoyed her saying, after she'd pointed out all of his current deficiencies (ahhhh, memories!), that the way he now was made her "sad".  Truth is, she was pissed, but Jenn always finds it more effective to be "disappointed" in people and never, ever admit to just being mad as hell.  Oh, she'll let her anger out, especially with people she hates but with those she loves and wants to control, she's a master with "sad" and "disappointed".  She is really good at it.

Best part of today's Show for me were the Marlena/Will scenes.  IMO he comes off best with her, Chandler Massey and Dierdre Hall really connect.  He was pretty decent with Jack and Jenn, too.  For once he didn't make me think he belongs more at Floyd's Barbershop in Mayberry than he does in Salem.

giphy.gif

Give him a flattop, Floyd!

Ya'll be good now.

Edited by boes
  • Love 12

Eric, as a former priest, should know that humans are humans and will do all sorts of nonsensical things. He may have an attraction to Sarah Horton, but that is it. Maybe part of him wanted Sarah - why not. She was available and interested. Doubt he had much loyalty to his brother. Maybe he just wanted to do the right thing - let her self-combust and not take advantage of her. Heck, some women wouldn't mind someone like him taking advantage of them. Eric, you are not a young 20 year old dude. You are in your 40s and should be a bit more mature. Or maybe not.

At least Rex was honest.

As for Noelle, who knows. Maybe she had no idea that Rex was engaged to her sister. Maybe she didn't care. Rex needs to deal with his demons before he can marry anyone.

I thought Eve and Xander were going to have some love in the afternoon, or whatever time it is.

Surprised that Jack didn't ask Will if he still had the magic formula for the memory serum. Whether Jack has his memory or not, he still has his intuition and can sense things. He should be able to sense that Eve has an agenda. Heck, probably Jenn too, and almost anyone else in Salem.

Enjoyed Will and Marlena.

Edited by Frozendiva
timeout message resulting in double post
  • Love 5

I forgot to say Friday (I think) that I really like Jennifer's pony tail.  It beats her more severe bun and I think it suits her and reminds me of a spunkier version of the character.  I am a little torn about her scenes with Jack today.  There was some silly stuff--like Eve always telling him what he's capable of when I'm pretty sure it was Jennifer who regaled him with his awesome talents when he was feeling down after finding out about the rape.  Sure he can even see that Eve not telling him about potential pitfalls from his past could come back to bite him and that's not exactly supportive?

On the other hand, I do feel like they're trying to establish that, since he doesn't remember who he was, he wants to establish who he is independent of things he can't remember.  I liked his conversation with Will in that regard.   I also loved Will with Marlena--always have from what I've seen of them.

It's kind of funny but I've been away from the show so long and the last time I've seen so many of these people were when they were kids.  It was just today that I remembered Eric was Sami's brother.

I didn't think Eve and Xander were going to get it on but I thoroughly enjoyed their scenes.

Other than thinking Eric and Rex are doofuses, I don't really have an opinion on the whole Sarah triangle other than  they need to do something with Sarah's hair.  She's got the hair style they gave Kate Jackson when she  starred  on Scarecrow and  Mrs. King to signal that she was an 80's housewife.  Sarah's not a housewife nor is it the 80s so it has got to go.

1 hour ago, enchantingmonkey said:

It's crazy to me that I can sit through and possibly enjoy Sonny and Leo scenes but I can barely stand to watch either character when they're interacting with others.

I kind of liked their scenes today too. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I liked that bit of continuity and I would expect Marlena and Eric to know who Andrew Donovan is, even if he has not been on the show since he was a child.

Yeah, but Andrew is a bit different from Noelle since he and Eric are first cousins through Kim and Roman. So family is different from an acquaintance who was still in grade school (IIRC) when she left the canvas eons ago.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, boes said:

Truth is, she was pissed, but Jenn always finds it more effective to be "disappointed" in people and never, ever admit to just being mad as hell.  Oh, she'll let her anger out, especially with people she hates but with those she loves and wants to control, she's a master with "sad" and "disappointed".  She is really good at it.

My  mother was a master at it. One look and we'd shrink to the size of a mosquito inside, lol. I was pretty good at it, too, when my daughter was growing up :) I think it was pretty effective on Jack, too! I loved their scene, and it was classic Jenn and Jack. Good stuff. 

The rest of yesterday's episode was boring. I hate when I dislike half of the storylines in play. 

• Love 4

This latest angle with Eric is both warranted and weird.  You’ve got Rex basically apologizing for Eric being — IDK sexually immature? Romantically mentally challenged?   Something along the lines of ‘Eric is not used to this’. 

Then you have Eric backing up the notion that he’s in over his head by going to see Marlena as a Mom/Therapist.  Best part: Marlena calling him out in his entitled butthurt over Sarah. 

So, the message seems to be that Eric’s overreacting is both Eric-normal and problematic.  If that’s the case, then I’d say that’s not a bad idea but they need to be sure it doesn’t strain credulity.  

If you think about what who’ve seen with Eric & romantic relationships:

-Nicole, his first love. He slept with her  proposed to her, and spiraled emotionally when she took Lucas & the millions Kate offered  

- Greta, the no-sex gal, who he ended up being unfaithful to by sleeping with married Nicole (who he thought had cancer).

- Greta dumps him  Nicole abandons their plan to skip town. Eric leaves Salem for over a dexade  

- While away from Salem he had a relationship with Serena, then became a priest.

- Back in Salem, he’s raped by Kirsten and then ends up in a relationship with Nicole (again) before that blows up over her having destroyed the proof he was raped. But he didn’t want to sleep with Nicole cause he wanted to wait for marriage—- which he eventually didn’t. So sex with Nicole again (a theme)

- Back with Serena briefly, til her Xander-coerced crimes are revealed. And then Ben murders her. 

- Then Nicole is with Daniel (his best friend) and Eric angst over it to he kills Daniel during a DUI

- One night stand with Jen while both drunk/high   

- Back to longing for Nicole, now with Brady, and they eventually consulate their love yet again. Nicole abandons him after coercion from Brady.

- Dating/sex/proposed to Jen after a reasonable time has passed.

-Drops Jen like yesterday’s leftovers once Brady’s treachery is revealed

-Sex again with Nicole. She dies next day due to Xander issues.

-Sarah starts google eying him and it has an effect.  Near romance moments, then Sarah forces the issue by wanting revenge sex.

-Sarah sleeps with Xander to hurt both Rex and Eric and ‘cause drunk/needs   

In sum:

Nicole - First, cheat while with Greta, post-priest, cheat while Nicole’s with Brady, Pre-death (proposed/engaged at least twice)

Greta - no sex

Serena - never engaged but serious

***Priestly no-fly zone***

Kristen -rape

Jen - engaged

Grading on the ‘soap scale’, I have to say that Eric definitely has a sex=‘marriage plans’ ethos. But sex has also been the precursor to his greatest crises: leaving Salem, raped, losing priestly vication, becoming an alcoholic, Nicole’s death   

So, Eric does not IMO have a healthy personal relationship with sex.  And his had already put Sarah on a ‘Madonna’ pedestal.  So her sleeping with Xander disturbed him greatly.  

What Eric SHOULD do:  Back away from Sarah and stay that way.

What Eric WILL do: provide hurt puppy face over Sarah’s choice to forgive Rex.  May go into sanctimonious bitter mode.

Edited by SueB
  • Love 7

Ugh a fur coat 👎🏼👎🏼 🤮 

I feel like Haley’s story about her parents was a fake one. 

Rex is being more mature and less jealous of Sarah and Xander than Eric, and it’s HIS EX. I like his easy going personality. I’m not sure he fits with high strung Sarah. 

All Marlena and John do is eat at restaurants. 

Speaking of, did anyone catch last week they were serving Haley’s linguine for JJ also at Doug’s Place on the same episode 😂 

Leo just get the money and go. Leo acts like Sonny is this irreplaceable catch as a hubby or harassing him is the highlight of his life. Take some dough to leave and go to Miami or Rio. 

Rex called Xander “Tarzan” 😂 

One green card marriage coming up!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, SueB said:

This latest angle with Eric is both warranted and weird.  You’ve got Rex basically apologizing for Eric being — IDK sexually immature? Romantically mentally challenged?   Something along the lines of ‘Eric is not used to this’. 

Then you have Eric backing up the notion that he’s in over his head by going to see Marlena as a Mom/Therapist.  Best part: Marlena calling him out in his entitled butthurt over Sarah. 

So, the message seems to be that Eric’s overreacting is both Eric-normal and problematic.  If that’s the case, then I’d say that’s not a bad idea but they need to be sure it doesn’t strain credulity.  

If you think about what who’ve seen with Eric & romantic relationships:

-Nicole, his first love. He slept with her  proposed to her, and spiraled emotionally when she took Lucas & the millions Kate offered  

- Greta, the no-sex gal, who he ended up being unfaithful to by sleeping with married Nicole (who he thought had cancer).

- Greta dumps him  Nicole abandons their plan to skip town. Eric leaves Salem for over a dexade  

- While away from Salem he had a relationship with Serena, then became a priest.

- Back in Salem, he’s raped by Kirsten and then ends up in a relationship with Nicole (again) before that blows up over her having destroyed the proof he was raped. But he didn’t want to sleep with Nicole cause he wanted to wait for marriage—- which he eventually didn’t. So sex with Nicole again (a theme)

- Back with Serena briefly, til her Xander-coerced crimes are revealed. And then Ben murders her. 

- Then Nicole is with Daniel (his best friend) and Eric angst over it to he kills Daniel during a DUI

- One night stand with Jen while both drunk/high   

- Back to longing for Nicole, now with Brady, and they eventually consulate their love yet again. Nicole abandons him after coercion from Brady.

- Dating/sex/proposed to Jen after a reasonable time has passed.

-Drops Jen like yesterday’s leftovers once Brady’s treachery is revealed

-Sex again with Nicole. She dies next day due to Xander issues.

-Sarah starts google eying him and it has an effect.  Near romance moments, then Sarah forces the issue by wanting revenge sex.

-Sarah sleeps with Xander to hurt both Rex and Eric and ‘cause drunk/needs   

In sum:

Nicole - First, cheat while with Greta, post-priest, cheat while Nicole’s with Brady, Pre-death (proposed/engaged at least twice)

Greta - no sex

Serena - never engaged but serious

***Priestly no-fly zone***

Kristen -rape

Jen - engaged

Grading on the ‘soap scale’, I have to say that Eric definitely has a sex=‘marriage plans’ ethos. But sex has also been the precursor to his greatest crises: leaving Salem, raped, losing priestly vication, becoming an alcoholic, Nicole’s death   

So, Eric does not IMO have a healthy personal relationship with sex.  And his had already put Sarah on a ‘Madonna’ pedestal.  So her sleeping with Xander disturbed him greatly.  

What Eric SHOULD do:  Back away from Sarah and stay that way.

What Eric WILL do: provide hurt puppy face over Sarah’s choice to forgive Rex.  May go into sanctimonious bitter mode.

If it’s the latter, I want every character to bust him on his entitled butthurt.   He really needs to stop with this whole ‘Madonna’ complex.  

Brilliant analysis, SueB, just brilliant!

Edited by boes
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Why is Leo answering the door at the mansion?

I am loving Diana!

Ron has changed her so much. She is more like Anjelica Devereaux than Diana Colville.. It boggles my mind that Ron killed off Anjelica for no reason. Anjelica could have been involved with Jack, Jennifer and Eve, tormenting Justin and Adrienne while trying to bond with Alexander Kiriakis.  What a waste!  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 8
13 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

I feel like Haley’s story about her parents was a fake one. 

They were living in China, right. The country of one baby only.  And boys preferred.  And their family had 2 girls.  Not that it couldn't, and probably did, happen, but that's the thing I kept thinking of as Haley told her story.

13 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

One green card marriage coming up!

Never thought of that.  But you're probably right. 

• Love 4

Judith!! Welcome to Salem. Although I keep thinking she's Angelica, but Rex/Brady, Diana/Angelica, yada, yada. I've been wanting to slap Leo across the face since he arrived, so that was VERY satisfying, even for an old peace-nik like me. She looks fabulous, too. But agree totally with you, @Apprentice79 -- this is not the Genie Francis/Diana Colville I knew at all. Will they explore what changed the character? Ha, what am I thinking, of course not. 

Sarah's hair is exactly what I tried to achieve with numerous perms during the 80s.

@SueB - agree with @boes -- loved your take on Eric and his weird and checkered past. I called him fussy the other day but it's so much more than that, lol. 

Edited by Lastwaltz
more thoughts
  • Love 10

I get recasts can change a character, but Genie Francis' Diana was not a hammy cold bitch, either. Judith Chapman really should have just been Anjelica and Morgan Fairchild's awful version could be best forgotten or, if she has to be remembered, a fake. You might as well say Diana Colville 2019 is a new character with no connection to her past. Totally stupid.

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

I get recasts can change a character, but Genie Francis' Diana was not a hammy cold bitch, either. Judith Chapman really should have just been Anjelica and Morgan Fairchild's awful version could be best forgotten or, if she has to be remembered, a fake. You might as well say Diana Colville 2019 is a new character with no connection to her past. Totally stupid.

Typical Ron. He did the same shit on One Life To Live, Rebecca was a nice sweet gentle soul and was involved with Todd in her original run. He brought her  back as a recast, a cold psychopath, it was really awful and just served to trash a sweet nuanced forbidden love story between Todd and Rebecca. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Lastwaltz said:

Judith!! Welcome to Salem. Although I keep thinking she's Angelica, but Rex/Brady, Diana/Angelica, yada, yada. I've been wanting to slap Leo across the face since he arrived, so that was VERY satisfying, even for an old peace-nik like me. She looks fabulous, too. But agree totally with you, @Apprentice79 -- this is not the Genie Francis/Diana Colville I knew at all. Will they explore what changed the character? Ha, what am I thinking, of course not. 

Sarah's hair is exactly what I tried to achieve with numerous perms during the 80s.

@SueB - agree with @boes -- loved your take on Eric and his weird and checkered past. I called him fussy the other day but it's so much more than that, lol. 

Sarah's massively curly hair is not attractive and it makes her look even more unhinged, like she's forgotten to brush her hair before going outside.  I don't believe for one instance this this woman is a well respected doctor.  I did like her conversation with her mom and Maggie's gasp of shocked surprise that Sara is giving Rex a second chance.

10 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

And yes, this Diana  Cooper is not the fabulous Diana Colville as played by Genie Francis, although I did like how she was able to shut Leo's over-dramatic ass down.  I guess showing how mean she is to her son will make us like Leo?  It won't work with me, but good luck with everyone else :)  I did like Sonny's glee at finally having something to torture Leo with, though--it's about time Sonny and Will got the upper hand with this blackmailer.

• Love 9

I love Judith Chapman so it's great to see her in Salem since she was unceremoniously dumped from the Young and the Restless.  Character-wise, though, she's playing Gloria Abbott to a tee.  She's mothering Leo in pretty much the same snark style she mothered Kevin, the character he played on Y&R.  Just like on that show, I love her, hate him.  Diana Colville she is not.  As some of you have said, it would have been so much better to bring her back as Angelica Deveraux and IMO, that character has a lot more to offer storywise.  I, for one, would be happy to try and erase the mess that Morgan Fairchild made, pretend it never happened.  At least we know Judith will give it everything she's got.

Now we need someone, ANYONE, to give Eric everything they've got.  And then make him do it again.  He looks either angry, pouting or constipated.  And for the life of me, while I can see the attraction, once he opens his prissy little mouth, it's gone as if it was never there.  I assume he closes his eyes and says the rosary when he has to take a shower.  Rex better make sure he picks up some smelling salts or the mere whiff of sex is going to make Eric faint dead away.

My favorite part of today's show was Maggie and Sarah.  Today I really believed they were mother and daughter and IMO both of them did an excellent job.  Sarah's extreme reluctance to tell Maggie what happened, and Maggie's unrestrained horror was fun to watch.

I know other things happened but for the life of me I can't remember a thing.

• Love 9

John and Marlena, you can take some introductory cooking classes. Surely you can learn a handful of simple recipes that you can make in your own kitchen that won't set your condo on fire. Unless you have an excellent tab at the Brady Pub.

I still don't know how Haley would get a SSN number or access to benefits or anything. She'd need to produce a birth certificate - her big sis forged documents for her? With her allegedly dead parents she probably could have gotten some sort of visa. There are nursing shortages so she could get a temporary employment visa.

Sarah, good idea to take Rex back so fast. Maybe you two could actually *talk* and maybe work with a counsellor to see why your relationship fell apart. Rex being the Gemini Twin could have immaturity issues and you screech. Maggie would be horrified about you and Xander and also Eric. You're not even back to Salem for five minutes are you are already googly eyed at Eric. Don't string both men along. Eric needs to deal with some very real issues he has - especially with relationships and genuine intimacy.

Liked Leo's mom and her taking a no prisoner approach to his scheming ways.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

And yes, this Diana  Cooper is not the fabulous Diana Colville as played by Genie Francis, although I did like how she was able to shut Leo's over-dramatic ass down.  I guess showing how mean she is to her son will make us like Leo?  It won't work with me, but good luck with everyone else :)  I did like Sonny's glee at finally having something to torture Leo with, though--it's about time Sonny and Will got the upper hand with this blackmailer.

All of this right here, especially what I put in bold. Leo has been gleefully willing to ruin other people's lives, so I will take this bizarro version of Diana giving him a taste of his own medicine. I've wanted to enjoy Leo in this story so much, but for a number of reasons it just hasn't clicked for me. Diana was FUN today, so I'm here for it as it finally feels like the story is starting to move somewhere. There are still a ton of plot holes (thanks, Ron), but maybe this was the kick it needed.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

John and Marlena, you can take some introductory cooking classes. Surely you can learn a handful of simple recipes that you can make in your own kitchen that won't set your condo on fire. Unless you have an excellent tab at the Brady Pub

And let us remember, long before Brady was born, John was the de-facto single dad to three kids once upon a time...and I don't remember him during his Roman years taking toddlers and a preteen out to dinner every night. Surely he cooked for them all some of the time. So the constant restaurant visits make no sense to me.

• Love 5

I felt like I was watching Y&R. It was great seeing Judith playing mother to GR again. I know her name is Diana but I'm still not sure if shes just Diana or it's coming out that she's Genie Francis's DIana. It was great to see Freddie with the huge grin with Diana & Leo. He looked like he was really enjoying it. I'm curious to see how it plays out especailly after Diana slapped Leo back in to place. Too funny!

• Love 7
9 hours ago, boes said:

My favorite part of today's show was Maggie and Sarah.  Today I really believed they were mother and daughter and IMO both of them did an excellent job.  Sarah's extreme reluctance to tell Maggie what happened, and Maggie's unrestrained horror was fun to watch.

I really enjoyed their scenes too.  Very soapy.   And though this version of Sarah seems too young to be Maggie's daughter, I love that Maggie has a daughter in Salem, and she's getting to interact with her, instead of always just Victor or Brady or Sonny, etc.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, buffynut said:

I really enjoyed their scenes too.  Very soapy.   And though this version of Sarah seems too young to be Maggie's daughter, I love that Maggie has a daughter in Salem, and she's getting to interact with her, instead of always just Victor or Brady or Sonny, etc.

I loved Maggie having something to do besides disapprove of Victor. I completely forgot that Sarah was supposed to be a doctor. We've only seen her visiting Eric, sleeping with Xander, and fighting with Rex. They really should have her be involved at the hospital to give her character more depth. It's like they have separate, parallel writing teams that don't communicate with each other, each writing stories for specific characters. I suppose it's Ron who is supposed to make sure they're all sewn together. Or maybe it's just me...

• Love 11

Is "Rex" short for "Remedial," by any chance? Because that boy is dumb. Not quite Bonehead Black levels, of course, but close. Why do the writers keep saddling poor Ex-Father Uncle Eric with such horrendous siblings? Here's a tip, Eric: look outside the immediate family for candidates in your dating pool. (Heck, just stop eating at the Brady Pub all the time, and that should widen your social circle considerably.)

And speaking of everyone's (inexplicably) favourite anencephalic ragewad, someone's gonna have to explain it to me like I'm Brady: what, exactly, does Leo/Matthew/Don'tCare have on Sonny and Will? There's no body, because there was no death, accidental or premeditated; there can be no attempt to cover up a crime, because there's no underlying crime. So, what, Leo has pictures of the boys carrying a rolled-up rug? Meanwhile, the "victim" has an arrest record, he's living under an assumed name, and can't really be considered a reliable complainant. This whole plot just makes me grind my teeth in annoyance.

It's cute that the show has paired up Rikaart with Judith Chapman playing son and mother again, but it's not enough to counteract the burning effect of the stupid.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 11
On ‎2019‎-‎01‎-‎27 at 12:50 PM, nilyank said:

It is like KC takes pleasure in trashing the legacy of his parents who created the show.

Someone has daddy issues, and I'm not sayin' who.

• Love 4

I know that chemistry is subjective. The other day Xander had a creepy scene with Eve and it was loaded with chemistry and it reminded me of Ben and Will's same surprising chemistry when Ben came back as a free man wanting to make amends. He held Will's hands longer than he should have when they shook hands. I thought for sure Ron was going to write something between them.  Tweeter would have lost their mind if amnesiac Will fell for Ben..

1 hour ago, Sandman said:

Is "Rex" short for "Remedial," by any chance? Because that boy is dumb. Not quite Bonehead Black levels, of course, but close.  Why do the writers keep saddling poor Ex-Father Uncle Eric with such horrendous siblings? Here's a tip, Eric: look outside the immediate family for candidates in your dating pool. (Heck, just stop eating at the Brady Pub all the time, and that should widen your social circle considerably.)

Ron has changed Rex from his original run to fit his narrative.  Eric Winter's Rex always had more depth than this version and I wish that Ron would develop a bond between Marlena and Rex. She did carry him for 9 months and it would be funny to see Kate get jealous of Marlena over their shared son.   Kate is very territorial when it comes to her children and she has always had a relationship with Marlena that is not clearly defined. They are not friends, but, they are not enemies either.  Ron could be exploring all of these dynamics. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

I think Kate and Marlena are friends until the writers need a plot with them not being friends.  I wouldn't mind a Rex and Marlena scene reminiscing of when they thought they were mother and son, but I think Rex and Kate firmly cemented their mother/son relationship.

• Love 4

Two days and I'm already tired of Eric's moping about Sarah.  Dude, you became friends five minutes ago, you realized you had a crush on her two minutes ago, just take a chill pill.  And Sarah too, overly concerned about Eric not being her friend.  Poor Rex, so clearly the Schuyler in this setup.

Whoa, Ben grabbing Claire and calling her a "little bitch".  Her crazy eyes were clearly screaming, "Where the hell is my frying pan?!?!".

Shut up, Tripp.  People who frame people for arson don't get to throw stones.

• Love 14
48 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Whoa, Ben grabbing Claire and calling her a "little bitch".  Her crazy eyes were clearly screaming, "Where the hell is my frying pan?!?!".

Shut up, Tripp.  People who frame people for arson don't get to throw stones.

So we're supposed to think that an allegedly reformed serial killer who isn't above kidnapping women and calling chicks he dislikes bitches is a romantic lead?  And just to make sure I have the scene correct, Ben comes into Claire's home and deliberately destroys her budding relationship with Tripp but that's okay because he's just so desperate to talk to Ciara.  Again, Ben is the person the show wants me rooting for?  I'm actually on the side of Claire and the frying pan :):)

Yes Tripp, you have the moral high ground to be angry with Claire--it's a good thing you've never threatened anyone's life or set them up for a crime they didn't commit.  Oops :)

Eric is really brooding isn't he?  And all over a woman that he was never in a relationship to begin with.  DAMN!!

• Love 19

Wow....Ben was totally scary & creepy today!  The way he grabbed Claire's arm & called her "B****"...yikes, why am I supposed to believe he is reformed & a sexy leading man?!   The writers seem to write Ben's character differently on different days~~ I am still enjoying "Jayley"...Casey Moss & the young actress are so believable together & I loved when Jack showed up at JJ's door & said he felt a connection to his son...good stuff.   Meanwhile, I agree with other posters that Judith Chapman's version of Diana is totally different than Genie Francis'.  I remember really enjoying Diana's storyline with John...she was a nice person & sweet to Carrie.  This new version is a hoot but seems like a totally different character  And Eric today acted like a petulant child munching on his nachos...gads, he is so immature & annoying.   So, some interesting storylines for me & some that are just boring.

• Love 7

If they really wanted to get rid of Leo, they could sic Sami on him, he'd be gone in a minute.

If I were Jack, even if I didn't have my memory, I would still question sexing up the woman that I knew slept with my son.

Rob Wilson is really good at coming across scary. And it sure took Claire a long time to look scared instead of defiant.

Roman was blowing his nose.  Soaps always have a reason for things like that. Is he gonna die?

"Get on a plane.  Go to South Africa." Uh, you're talking to a guy who lives in a homeless shelter.

Edited by Silver Raven
  • Love 6
38 minutes ago, sweetautumn said:

I still have many of JarlenaFan's Roman/Diana edits saved on my computer, so the reincarnation of Diana is a little hard for me to take. I just can't picture JC's version in "Say Uncle" and "I Did it Again".   

As a Diana fan, it hurts to see what Ron has done to her because he has no idea how to write a  heroine.   RoJohn was so different with Diana and they had a light-hearted romance filled with humor and laughter. A respite for RoJohn after his drama-filled romance with Marlena.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5

Ben manhandling Claire, calling her bitch, and threatening her cracked me up. He's totally changed, you guys! He's better now! That being said, I love Ben and Claire together lol. A psychopath and a sociopath falling in love is a dynamic I can get behind. 

Why do they seem to making the cute little JJ/Haley thing into a love triangle with Tripp and his dumb beard? It's not necessary. That being said though, I think Tripp actually does have chem Haley. Certainly more than he has with Claire. He usually looks like he wants to be anywhere else when he's with Claire lol.

Eric is such a baby, but I found it pretty hilarious today. And also now I want nachos.

I still like Rex. The actor just has a lot of charm and they seem to actually be writing Rex to be acting pretty level-headed, mature, and self aware, which is more than pretty much any other character gets.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 6

Eric I adore you and I can’t even defend your moody adolescent behavior 

Ben has a lot of nerve telling Claire she hurts people all the time. Mostly she hurts herself and her schemes are just so stupid.  She needs to take a class with her aunt Sami.  Claire is an interesting character.  She has a lot of family in town yet is always alone.   There is no way I believe John and Marlena would not  spoil their  granddaughter (especially John.)  Hope seems like she would want to be called mom the sequel. 

JJ and Jack were very sweet and finally some one puts JJ first.  I like it and that JJ has a story. 

Sarah you don’t have to take Rex back.  You don’t have to beg Eric for forgiveness. Be single for a little bit. 

Adriene really is a smothering person. 

Thats my way to long post for today. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, tribeca said:

Plus they only have whip cream and strawberries at home 

2 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Do. NOT WANT. The. Visual.

Hahaha!

What, No I Can't Believe It's Not Butter??

• Love 2