Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Eric needs to start drinking again, it would improve his personality.

Where is Leo getting his money?  Is he taking it out of Sonny's bank account?

Leo has an exciting social life?

Oh, shut it, Abigail, Ben isn't the reason you murdered Andre.

"Open up that ... vault of secrets of yours..." Was that an intentional pause there, Greg?  :D

Hey, NBC, quit running ads one third the size of the screen on at the same time as Show!

• Love 5

I've really enjoyed having Judith Chapman on my screen again.  I don't watch Y and R, so I missed her there.  But to show my age, as Judith had her head tilted upward raging at Leo, I had a flash of Gloria Swanson in Sunset Blvd.  Judith was more than ready for her close up, Mr. DeMille.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, ouinason said:

I don't understand why it's not OK for Chloe to go to work.  Of course she has to have someone with her small children when she is at her job, which is an evening/night job.  I imagine she has a regular sitter, and Nancy had to fill in for whatever reason when Chloe went to work, which was why she was apologizing when she was on the phone with her.  

Honestly, we only ever see Chloe at work these days, so either she's going to take her kids to a club at night or she's going to have someone else watching them.

And Eric wouldn't take Holly to the pub for every shift either I would hope.

Yeah, I'm really not understanding the logic in the criticism here.  We have been shown 2-3 scenes of Chloe having to go and manage the club on her "days off"  because Julie was either sick or couldn't cover her shift, and those times we were specifically shown Chloe either on the phone with Nancy or recounting how Nancy was able to come in and help babysit the kids while Chloe filled in.  Do people actually do this, criticize women for getting a sitter when they "unexpectedly" have to go to work?  I really don't get it. 

Most younger kids on soaps are non-existent until they have to be used for a specific storyline.  Hell, at least we get Chloe mentioning where her kids are in a very realistic way.  We also got what I thought was an interesting/insightful scene of Chloe telling Stefan what it is like being a single mom especially with the addition of Holly.  We never get scenes like that about parenting on soaps. 

Holly may not be seen as much but she certainly is mentioned in far more realistic ways than other kids in soaps.

• Love 11
36 minutes ago, Maelstrom said:

I fell behind and am slowly catching up on episodes. But as I do I find myself with a few questions:

• Are GH and Days having a contest to see which show can be more unwatchable? Because they're tied neck and neck right now, and the only loser is the viewer.
  • Stefan is shot by evil an henchnoodle and back to the hospital he goes - does he have a private room reserved there? He's spent more time in the hospital than out since he came to Salem.
  • Was Brady out of town having his rageaholism surgically transferred to Eric? Because that's the only explanation I can come up with for their personality switches.
  • Why does Sarah have three men sniffing after her? Is it her terrible hair? Her shrill voice? Her grating personality? I enjoyed LG for a time on B&B, but find her rather unbearable here.
  • Is that it for Xander for the time being? If so, my motivation to watch the show just lessened, a lot.
  • Why am I getting such a kick out of watching Judith Chapman stare at everyone like she's getting ready to skin them alive with her laser eyes and eat them?
  • Why do TIIC think we want to see poor damsel Ciara being victimized yet again? Why couldn't she have just stayed in South Africa, off my screen?
  • Why can't we have Steve and Jack together on the show sharing a storyline? 
  • For the love of all that is good and holy in the world WHEN IS ABIGAIL LEAVING? I can't take it anymore! *cries*

CountryGirl, thanks for rundown of the Gloria/Kevin/Michael storyline from Y&R - I only ever caught snippets of them, but always thought their shared history sounded really interesting. ReRon does love recycling stories, but at least this Diana/Leo redo has to be better than Messica's Abby's DID retread from OLTL. Hopefully. (What am I saying, it can't be worse!)

Yeah, I can still remember how naturally pretty she was on AMC and find it hard to look at her now. She's not old enough to have all that shit done to her face! I hate seeing women in their 30s start down that road, and not just because I'm the same age as they are.

Ah, but I personally find Xander and Leo both to be far, far more sympathetic than the supposed good guys we are supposed to be rooting for. And I realize this is 100% subjective. Seeing the both of them treated like dog shit on the shoes of the good hypocrites of Salem is frankly disgusting at this point, and makes me want both of them to come out on top, even though they are both very flawed characters (and I mean that in every sense of the word). The other day when Adrienne mouthed off to Leo about never being good enough for her precious son - um, back in the day didn't some people think Adrienne Johnson wasn't good enough for Justin? And people calling Xander a worthless criminal not worthy of the Kiriakis name - uh, good ol' Uncle Vic has committed more than his share of heinous crimes over the years (just ask Kimberly for starters).

And this is why I have such a hard time taking anything on this show seriously anymore.  Literally every character in town has done terrible things and committed all sorts of crimes - some are remorseful, some are not - and yet certain characters are pardoned and deemed "good" by the rest of the town, and others are kicked to the curb and deemed "bad." In the 13 years I've been watching, the show has jerked around every character and every story they've done, along with more than a few classic storylines that originally went down long before I came along. There's no structural integrity left to any of them. Crazy Murderous Ben is bad, Crazy Murderous Abby is good, and Crazy Murderous Andre was an accepted pillar of society. Living Nicole was a scheming slut and Dead Nicole is a martyred saint. Scheming Gabi and Eve are bad and Scheming Will and Sonny are good. And on and on it goes. 

Nothing makes sense. Nothing has consequences. Why should I give a shit about any of it? At this point all I do is watch the actors I like and enjoy their performances, and throw sense out the window.

It's apparently too much for us soap fans to expect our shows to be good these days. But that doesn't mean I want to lose the rest of them. I just wish they would be better.

And I've officially spent more time writing this post than I did actually watching the show. Sigh.

Hmm I enjoys LG on Days because she becomes more matured in chemistry/acting department. There isn't really room for growth on B&B not to mention limited options. So I think Days is a better fit for her.  Unfortunately her character stuck with the idiot brothers but that's the writers problems not hers.

I actually enjoy Xander and Leo more than I do with Ben, Gabi, Abby and Stefan. Because those two don''t whine and bitches, or justify for their actions. 

JC's Diana, I am fine with personality shift but not when the essence of character are taken away. No way in hell would this fierce/protective/loving person who were wonderful with kids, would be a negligent mother.

As far as quality of soaps is concerned, they all suck for a long time. But I think Days are certainly better than B&B or GH.   

Edited by sweetautumn
rearranging
  • Love 5
25 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Where is Leo getting his money?  Is he taking it out of Sonny's bank account?

I think so. I recall some sort of offhand comment about spending "Sonny's money"

28 minutes ago, Maelstrom said:
  • Are GH and Days having a contest to see which show can be more unwatchable? Because they're tied neck and neck right now, and the only loser is the viewer

I stopped watching GH a while ago for reasons, most of the uneven pacing of stories that go nowhere as well as too much Sonny & Carly double standards. I haven't felt a desire to return. Same with Bold and Beautiful, which was great a couple of years ago with the Rick & Maya story plus other stuff but became unbearable with insta-marriages & recycled stories. Both of them made me catatonic or infuriated when I'd watch them. I don't love everything on Days but I like more than I dislike so I can watch most of it. I took a long break when Sweeney & Scott left and again when it got super dark with Griffley. I only started watching again regularly last summer. 

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, Jellybean13 said:

I've really enjoyed having Judith Chapman on my screen again.  I don't watch Y and R, so I missed her there.  But to show my age, as Judith had her head tilted upward raging at Leo, I had a flash of Gloria Swanson in Sunset Blvd.  Judith was more than ready for her close up, Mr. DeMille.

That's funny about Gloria Swanson...I can sort of see it too.   But I also can show my age because I remember Judith as Natalie Hughes on As The World Turns.  

• Love 4
3 hours ago, sweetautumn said:

Hmm I enjoys LG on Days because she becomes more matured in chemistry/acting department. There isn't really room for growth on B&B not to mention limited options. So I think Days is a better fit for her.  Unfortunately her character stuck with the idiot brothers but that's the writers problems not hers.

I actually enjoy Xander and Leo more than I do with Ben, Gabi, Abby and Stefan. Because those two don''t whine and bitches, or justify for their actions. 

JC's Diana, I am fine with personality shift but not when the essence of character are taken away. No way in hell would this fierce/protective/loving person who were wonderful with kids, would be a negligent mother.

As far as quality of soaps is concerned, they all suck for a long time. But I think Days are certainly better than B&B or GH.   

I agree with your criticism about Diana. Diana risked her life to save Carrie and Benji. She adored the twins. I have a hard time believing that she would be a bad mother. This seems like a hack job to make Leo sympathetic. Why does every villain has to have a sob story, why can't Leo just be motivated by money and the good life. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 12

During the Eli/Lani scenes, all I could think was how exceptionally white Eli's teeth are. I've been using a teeth whitening kit my dentist gave me for the past month, and my teeth still aren't as white as his. I wonder if him sharing his teeth cleaning regimen could be his next storyline because I would honestly find that more intriguing than whatever he and Lani are doing now. 

Also, while watching their scenes, I couldn't help but to think how I wish the show would set aside a budget to hide actors' tatoos. Sometimes, I find myself wondering if the tattoos are in character for the character or not. In Eli's case, I honestly don't feel I know him well enough to say either way. I find myself equally distracted in Eric's shirtless scenes. OH! Did Eli and Lani have actual dialogue in the episode, somehow I missed it.

Weren't Ciara and Theo still small children when Jordan left the show? I vaguely remember Ciara being  sorased during the Necktie Killer storyline, and Jordan was gone by the time that started. It was weird to me to hear Jordan talking about Theo and for Ciara to recognize Jordan, as a result.  Also, while I remember liking Amanda on All My Children, I honestly don't feel like the actress has a handle on Jordan. Her scenes with Ciara were not riveting for me at all, and this is already becoming a dull kidnapping. Also, do the writers have some type of bet on how many traumatic events they could put Ciara through before she hits 25. Perpetual Victim Heroine isn't the archetype I was expecting when little Lauren B. was playing a mischievous Ciara not too long ago.

I never thought I'll say this, but I hate Hope. She really needs a storyline that has nothing to do with Ciara, Ben or Rafe. Sadly for Hope, that seems to be the only reason she exists.

Stefan/Chloe should have happened a year ago. I actually kinda liked their scenes together. More importantly, I wish Stefan was Nicholas Alamain. With Chloe's history with Carly, Vivian, Melanie, Quinn and even Daniel (considering the Daniel/Carly affair), I actually think Nicholas/Chloe could have been an amazing pairing. I also would have loved a different actor playing Nicholas. But since that is make believe and this is reality, I still find myself entertained enough to enjoy the Stefan/Chloe scenes although I don't think Stefan could ever truly be redeemed as a character.

Chloe telling the Salem PD that they are too ineffectual to protect her (Chloe is too nice a person to be so blunt, but I know what she meant) was the highlight of the episode for me. I hit the rewind button twice to laugh at that moment. I also love that neither Eli/Lani could have an appropriate retort to Chloe's comment.

I know Genie Frances is an extremely popular actress and Luke and Laura the most successful supercouple in Daytime, but I must admit that I've never liked her as an actress. I've found myself really enjoying this recast Diana. She's quickly becoming one of the highlights of the episodes for me.

• Love 5
21 hours ago, janeyjay said:

As God is my witness, I never need to hear Julie talking about Netflix and chilling for the rest of my life.

since when did "chillin" start to mean more than just hanging out or relaxing?  in the horton family it means having sex?since when?

21 hours ago, janeyjay said:

As God is my witness, I never need to hear Julie talking about Netflix and chilling for the rest of my life.

since when did "chillin" start to mean more than just hanging out or relaxing?  in the horton family it means having sex?since when?

• Love 1

I think it's now a popular euphemism for doing the deed.

During the Eli/Lani scenes, all I could think was how exceptionally white Eli's teeth are. I've been using a teeth whitening kit my dentist gave me for the past month, and my teeth still aren't as white as his. I wonder if him sharing his teeth cleaning regimen could be his next storyline because I would honestly find that more intriguing than whatever he and Lani are doing now. 

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for typing that. I sincerely needed a laugh and boy did you deliver one!

• Love 3
20 hours ago, boes said:

I know we had Ben Ollie and his anguished denial of wrong-doing, Ciara and her anguished wrenching of the wrists being tied in that toasty bed, Chloe's totally realistic screaming and screeching - 

giphy.gif

ohthehorrorofitall,

Jordan's Return to Salem's Lot to take the fall for and prop up Ciara and Ben's Undead Love, 

but what I really want to know is, 

WHY does nobody EVER kidnap Julie?  I promise I'll buy them a gag on Amazon and spring for next day delivery.  And I bet Doug would chip in.

Bullshit on him "falling asleep".  That poor man just couldn't bear the thought of it.

I would pay whoever kidnap Julie to keep her. So tired of her obsession with Gabi.  Who would want an old nosy biddy like Julie.

Edited by bobcat1946
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, boes said:

WHY does nobody EVER kidnap Julie?  I promise I'll buy them a gag on Amazon and spring for next day delivery.  And I bet Doug would chip in.

I suspect it would be a "Ransom of Red Chief" situation where the kidnappers would pay Doug to take her back.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

Ah, but I personally find Xander and Leo both to be far, far more sympathetic than the supposed good guys we are supposed to be rooting for. And I realize this is 100% subjective. Seeing the both of them treated like dog shit on the shoes of the good hypocrites of Salem is frankly disgusting at this point, and makes me want both of them to come out on top, even though they are both very flawed characters (and I mean that in every sense of the word). The other day when Adrienne mouthed off to Leo about never being good enough for her precious son - um, back in the day didn't some people think Adrienne Johnson wasn't good enough for Justin? And people calling Xander a worthless criminal not worthy of the Kiriakis name - uh, good ol' Uncle Vic has committed more than his share of heinous crimes over the years (just ask Kimberly for starters).

And this is why I have such a hard time taking anything on this show seriously anymore.  Literally every character in town has done terrible things and committed all sorts of crimes - some are remorseful, some are not - and yet certain characters are pardoned and deemed "good" by the rest of the town, and others are kicked to the curb and deemed "bad." In the 13 years I've been watching, the show has jerked around every character and every story they've done, along with more than a few classic storylines that originally went down long before I came along. There's no structural integrity left to any of them. Crazy Murderous Ben is bad, Crazy Murderous Abby is good, and Crazy Murderous Andre was an accepted pillar of society. Living Nicole was a scheming slut and Dead Nicole is a martyred saint. Scheming Gabi and Eve are bad and Scheming Will and Sonny are good. And on and on it goes. 

Nothing makes sense. Nothing has consequences. Why should I give a shit about any of it? At this point all I do is watch the actors I like and enjoy their performances, and throw sense out the window.

It's apparently too much for us soap fans to expect our shows to be good these days. But that doesn't mean I want to lose the rest of them. I just wish they would be better.

And I've officially spent more time writing this post than I did actually watching the show. Sigh.

Yes, Abigail's body count would have been the same as Ben's if they had both managed to make all their murders stick.  And while Abigail wasn't shown committing murder in brutal detail she WAS shown calmly hitting several women over the head and making a very cold decision to kill them.  To this day she doesn't seem to realize the horror of that.  Ben at least has remorse.

And yes, some part of me does indeed root for Leo and Xander.  I think it's because they aren't even trying to pretend that they are good.

7 hours ago, Chick2Chic said:

The writing for this is bizarre too. Marlena says she broke Ben's confidentiality because of a possible crime but then doesn't believe he committed a crime? Say what? And what evidence was presented that a crime was committed? SMH. So many plot holes.

OK ::: Cue dream sequence music::: I REALLY want Marlena to realize that her behavior in regards to Ben was way beyond the pale.  Just because Hope begged and was very dramatic Marlena completely broke confidentiality.  (I did enjoy it when Ben read her for filth. )  I would like it a lot if her license were actually in jeopardy because she had no good reason to do so.   I would like it a LOT MORE if she would read the riot act to Hope.  As in "Not only did you BEG me to break confidentiality, you SOLD ME OUT by revealing to Ben that I did it."  :::End of Dream - back to sucky reality:::  Not only will Marlena feel completely justified in what she did - Hope will as well.

Hope really doesn't have a brain in her head anymore does she?  Why would she tell Ben Marlena sold him out?  This only puts him on notice and if he really WERE up to something he now knows to cover his tracks.

• Love 7

Maelstrom, you said everything I was too lazy to write. Truth, truth, truth, all of it.

Both GH and DOOL are trying to reconstitute serial killers as love interests. Why are the writers co-signing the foolishness of the women who find Ted Bundy and the Menendez brothers etc. attractive? Why highlight and duplicate the worst segments of society?

I find whatever is going on with Sara unwatchable because her hair is an atrocity. Her stylist hates her. There's no other reason for that unflattering shaggy old mop look.

Judith Chapman is a gift to any soap she appears on. When she's not acting she should be having mandatory acting workshops. I'm sure I could recommend 25 people who would bnenefit by attending. Quite a few of them have Daytime Emmy pre nominations. Just because you're cute doesn't mean you should be in front of a TV camera.

Soaps used to be pleasantly entertaining and  sometimes even educating. Writers like Doug Marland would weave complex stories that would sustain interest for years. Now we watch more out of habit. If soaps were replaced with hot topics and cooking shows what would be missed would be the genre as it was once was, not these sad relics we're watching today.

• Love 8

Shouldn't Abs wonder why Jordan came to see *her* before visiting her brother Ben? I also would have found Jordan's questions and comments to be weird. Her focus on her brother as a serial killer, that he will continue to harm people, etc. Uh, she hasn't talked to her brother to see that he is on his medication, he has received psychiatric help, he has shown remorse for what he did, he is trying to build a new life for himself, he's found something good and meaningful in his life, etc. She would have some idea that Hope is on some bizarre crusade to pin every crime that happened in Salem on him for the past 20 years! Her talking about Ben kidnapping Charlotte is utter nonsense. Ben has shown zero interest in Abs in quite some time. And Abs also needs to own up to her own misdeeds - and her own mental health issues - and not just talk about her two week visit with Grandma to integrate her alters. That wasn't Ben's fault either. Abs should be on medication, having regular sessions with a psychiatrist to see if the alters are still integrated. Instead, it's the dark, uncombed centre-part hair and the entitled smugness.

Ben had every reason to tell Marlena off. She should make a point to talk with him after he has cooled off and apologize for Hope railroading her.

At least Claire had some doubt that Ben would kidnap Ciara. Maybe they should pay a visit to the cabin, just in case, because Ben would be stupid enough to take her back there, right? Tripp is far too eager to go the Gaston and the villagers go and hunt the Beast scenario. Hopefully the airport footage will show the time that Ciara was kidnapped and that at the same time, Ben was in Marlena's office for his weekly session.

I do hope that Ben does find Ciara and find out that his sister set him up too.

Sarah Horton certainly wears very high heeled pumps. Looked about 4-5 inch heels. And yeah, Rex, good idea to do it at your brother's place. Ugh, find a room at the Salem Inn. What do Rex, Xander, and Eric see in her, except that she is not part of the incestuousness that is home to Salem.

Liked John wondering if Leo was his son.

Diana also reminded me of Sunset Boulevard. Leo killed his father? His real father? I hope it's not another John as father story.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I agree with your criticism about Diana. Diana risked her life to save Carrie and Benji. She adored the twins. I have a hard time believing that she would be a bad mother. This seems like a hack job to make Leo sympathetic. Why does every villain has to have a sob story, why can't Leo just be motivated by money and the good life. 

I just caught Leo/Diana scenes in HD episode and part of their conversation about his childhood piqued my curiosity. Diana talked about how she loved Leo when he was younger; he was athletic, charming, intelligent etc.  My impression was, wait she was describing Drake's Roman because these were his personal attributes. Then Leo bitterly said she kinda stop loving him because he didn't become someone she expected - that man was Roman.  This is some serious icky and intriguing stuff. And I keep picture Genie in those scenes lol.

• Love 4
On 2/1/2019 at 10:13 PM, 4evaQuez said:

I like Diana. She has an 80s soap villainess vibe that brings energy to the screen.  

200w_d.gif.9ce484513535b80ce4e17813580d4c33.gif

@Jellybean said:

And I’m totally buying the Gloria Swanson vibe too.

Is she evil or nice. SO CONFUSED.

Edited by SueB
  • Love 2

Something else caught my eyes from today's episode. Does Sarah become a sexaholic? Her blouse were unbuttoned which revealed a bit of her upper chest. It didn't seem she wore a bra either while they were busy disrobing each other. Her attitude towards Rex was basically okay I don't trust you but you are my booty call tonight.  I was like did I just watch an episode of Sex and City?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

At least Claire had some doubt that Ben would kidnap Ciara. Maybe they should pay a visit to the cabin, just in case, because Ben would be stupid enough to take her back there, right? Tripp is far too eager to go the Gaston and the villagers go and hunt the Beast scenario. Hopefully the airport footage will show the time that Ciara was kidnapped and that at the same time, Ben was in Marlena's office for his weekly session.

Yes, it does appear that Claire at least has part of the Salem brain this week.  She also brought up that Ciara could have just wanted to go somewhere alone to make some decisions after thinking about everything on a long plane trip back.

This would have been much more intriguing/engaging if people including Hope would have started to slowly realize that something was wrong rather than having Hope go full on panic/break the law/hurl accusations crazy after Ciara was gone for only a few hours.

• Love 3

Is Stefan/TC left handed or ambidextrous?  I always notice these things since I’m slightly ambidextrous. 

Victor has some nerve calling Chloe’s “a low life slut” to Brady of all people who’s banged his way through town.  He’s always been that way about Kate and Nicole too, calling them whores and sluts. 

Gothigail really has no clue Jordan could have done it? Is there a legal Crazy Bitch requirement in Salem? I feel like whenever one like Kristin or Vivian or Ava or Jan is gone, another pops up. Anyhow all I can say to her plan to stop Ben is “too late Dummy”. How about you did this 2 years ago when he got with JarJar and began his violent spree. 

Ben talking to fantasy Ciara was weird 😂it kinda reminded me of Saved by the Bell when Zach or Lisa would have dream sequences. 

KM/Abby’s acting is so bad in the kidnapping ordeal. I was more distresssed when someone stole my boots at the gym last week. It her missing infant child and she’s acting borderline offended and huffy; rather than panicked, terrified with racing thoughts. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
On 2/6/2019 at 11:09 AM, TeeVee329 said:

@peachmangosteen, did you not watch AMC?  That surprises me a tad.

I watched it briefly (like maybe for a year) in like the early aughts, but that's it. I don't know why, but it just never grabbed me.

On 2/6/2019 at 9:47 PM, DaphneCat said:

I REALLY want Marlena to realize that her behavior in regards to Ben was way beyond the pale. 

Oh, I'm sure she will. We're all supposed to feel sorry for Ben of course, so Marlena apologizing is coming eventually.

1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

Is Stefan/TC left handed or ambidextrous?  I always notice these things since I’m slightly ambidextrous. 

I was wondering that too lol. 

Another boring week. Jordan becoming full-on unhinged to prop up Ben (with a side of Abigail) is really annoying and gross. That being said though, I do find all the Jordan scenes hilarious. So much UCG.

I sorta kinda didn't hate the Leo/Diana scenes. They made me uncomfortable tbh, which is probably a good thing actually. But knowing that they've ruined this Diana character to make us feel sorry for Leo and that they are apparently straight-up just copying the story those two actors had on Y&R makes the whole thing rage-inducing. The writers are so lazy.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3

Well, I missed y'all during the shutdown! More ads now, eh? I'll get used to it, and our hosts gotta do what they gotta do. I like the narrower pane for comments -- easier on the eyes when it's not screen-wide. 

To the show --

• anyone else laugh when Abigail said, "What is it about this town?" 
  • Jordan's becoming a bit of a caricature. I hope this doesn't last very long. 
  • Every time I see Jack with Eve it feels so wrong. 
  • Eh, I don't know, guys, everything feels a little flat to me these days. 
  • Love 6

Despite being tied up to bed without a potty break for few days, Salem's new young heroine looks fresh. No morning breath, no dandruff in hair and no disheveled appearance. It's hard to worry about Ciara's health when she's in "vacation" mode.  And the once sane Jordan aka Amanda from AMC was behind the abduction of her brother's girl, what the heck? Is she another one of the victims sacrificed for Ben the "Superhero" and Cin the "Supercouple"?   

By the way, I still can't believe Eric sniffed Sarah's garment and leered at her semi-naked body!  What a creep!

Edited by sweetautumn
adding
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, sweetautumn said:

By the way, I still can't believe Eric sniffed Sarah's garment and leered at her semi-naked body!  What a creep!

Eeeewwwwwwww. I think Eric needs a few shrink sessions - and not with Mommy. Have her get him a referral. He needs it.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, sweetautumn said:

2 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Eeeewwwwwwww. I think Eric needs a few shrink sessions - and not with Mommy. Have her get him a referral. He needs it.

So I wasn't the only person who saw that ...... my eyes, they burn.  

I'm currently over Eric, pretty completely.  His always angry demeanor sulky act is too similar to Brady's usual dance and like Brady, I just don't see what any woman, man, reptile or houseplant would see in him.  

That stick up his ass along with priss face isn't a good look.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6

Glad to be back on the forums 🙂 Trying to get used to all the 'new options".  Feeling like everyone else:  Judith seems like she is doing a Norma Desmond impersonation, I am disappointed in Jordan's new storyline, Ciara looks too pretty to be believable as a hostage, Eric is pathetic,  Sarah is just 'horny" all the time.  

• Love 8
6 hours ago, sweetautumn said:

Me watching that scene:

"Don't smell it. Please, don't smell it. Oh, gross, he's smelling it. Ewwwwww!"

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

I don't wear shoes in my home unless it is summer and maybe some flip flops to water the plants or go on to the deck. I noticed Abigail's white boots and wondered why she is wearing full-on shoes in her mother's home. Not socks or just slippers or something?

It never dawned on Abigail that Jordan could take her baby? She had a golden opportunity to do so when Abigail took the tea set back to the kitchen. You do that *after* the guest has left. Abs didn't notice that Jordan's talking to her focused on Ben and her projecting of what he could possibly do - when he has shown zero interest in Abigail in ages?

I did like Ciara mentioning she needed to go to the bathroom. She looks far too clean where she is - no stains on the clothing, tight jeans, shoes on the bed, perfect hair and makeup. Did Jordan touch her up so she looked good in that she is safe from Ben? Why does tying her up equate to her being 'safe'?

Jordan's snap, Ben is crackle, and Clyde is pop in the whole Rice Krispies family.

If a cop is watching Ben's every move (really expensive waste of resources for the Salem PD), why do they seem to search his hotel room all the time? Do they think that some vortex or black hole opens in the floor to bring in evidence? There is zero evidence he had anything to do with anything. But it's nice to blame someone for everything going wrong in Salem.

A bit ewww at Rex having Sarah Horton stay overnight at his brother's home - without asking his brother if he was allowed to have overnight guests. And more ewwww at Eric sniffing Sarah's clothing.

I do understand Victor not wanting more people staying at the mansion. It could be the new Salem Inn.

Must be nice that Chloe can just ship the kids to New York overnight.

Julie and Victor should be spoken to regarding their actions/language toward others. I don't say much to my elderly aunt if she says anything that's now considered offensive - that language was fine in her younger days and she isn't going to change.

• Love 7

Thoughts for Friday:

• JJ was surprisingly mature and considerate in his apology to Hayley. How is he a Horton with that caring, thoughtful attitude? Nevermind that, how is he a character on a soap?
  • On the shallow side of things, Jack looked mighty fine.
  • They've totally trashed Jordan now, I see.
  • Speaking of being trashed, I really hate watching Kassie stuck in all of these doomed-to-backfire storylines they keep writing for Eve.
17 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I don't wear shoes in my home unless it is summer and maybe some flip flops to water the plants or go on to the deck. I noticed Abigail's white boots and wondered why she is wearing full-on shoes in her mother's home. Not socks or just slippers or something?

I wear shoes or sandals around the house all the time, mostly because A) Arizona is dusty, and B) Arizona has scorpions. But I can't imagine dirt or creepy-crawlies daring to come within 50 feet of the pristine perfection of Jennifer Horton's house, so Abby has no excuse. Other than the fact that she just generally sucks.

(Also, how soon is she leaving? *whines*)

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
33 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:
  Reveal spoiler

Our long national nightmare is over on the 21st!

Thank you! So that means

Spoiler

only 9 more weekdays I have to catch glimpses of her awful smug face while FFing. And maybe we'll be lucky and she won't be in every episode until then, right?

(I know, I know. Just thought I'd throw in a little humor to lift our spirits until that glorious day)

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

For as ridiculous as Jordan tying up Ciara to keep her safe is, I think I like the way Chrishell Stause is playing it.  Without histrionics but with that controlled, friendly tone of voice and the manicured Barbie-like appearance.  She seems so normal that it's almost more frightening than if she were raving like a lunatic.  

Can someone remind me why Jack wants to be mayor?  Was it just because Eve told him it would be a good idea?  I like the idea of a man without his memory falling into old patterns of behavior, and I do remember we had a scene of Jennifer talking about how he was behaving in a power hungry way from his past.  It's just that he's on so sporadically, and Eve's meddling is being written in such an annoying way, that I forget why he wanted to be mayor to begin with.  

• Love 9

Yes, Abigail's body count would have been the same as Ben's if they had both managed to make all their murders stick.  To this day she doesn't seem to realize the horror of that.  Ben at least has remorse.

As someone who actually likes Abigail, I'm beginning to like her less.  When Ben made the comment about Abigail being a little more understanding of someone with mental illness, she totally brushed him off as if she has not done horrible things.  And this includes times when she wasn't experiencing mental episodes.  

I find whatever is going on with Sara unwatchable because her hair is an atrocity. Her stylist hates her. There's no other reason for that unflattering shaggy old mop look.

Too funny and too true.  She looks a mess.  

Judith Chapman is a gift to any soap she appears on. 

She is mesmerizing every time she is on the screen. 

I am disappointed in Jordan's new storyline

Jordan's snap, Ben is crackle, and Clyde is pop in the whole Rice Krispies family.

Me too.  I was waiting for her return because I thought Ben would finally have some other form of support.  So much for that hope.  Now she is nuts.  I was also hoping for she and Rafe to rekindle some sort of fling.  I also wanted to see Jordan get back and Kate.  Oh well.  

And that Rice Krispies joke is very funny.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
15 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Can someone remind me why Jack wants to be mayor?  Was it just because Eve told him it would be a good idea?  I like the idea of a man without his memory falling into old patterns of behavior, and I do remember we had a scene of Jennifer talking about how he was behaving in a power hungry way from his past.  It's just that he's on so sporadically, and Eve's meddling is being written in such an annoying way, that I forget why he wanted to be mayor to begin with.  

Eve. She sees it as a power play so they can rule Salem, or something. The pacing of this show is really dragging it down. I still can't believe they call this sweeps. 

• Love 8

I don’t even like Abigail that much but I can totally understand why she would brush Ben off.  She is also dealing with a missing daughter.  So she gets a pass for me this one time *g

Jenn should have never asked jack to help Abby either.  That was a horrible idea. 

Chad is a little dude but he sure can beat up bigger dudes. 

• Love 2

If I ever go crazy, I hope I look as flawless in my crazy as Jordan does. 

While this story is garbage, despite my reservations in the spoiler thread, I think Chrishell Hartley has been doing pretty good with this heelturn.

• Love 13
20 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

For as ridiculous as Jordan tying up Ciara to keep her safe is, I think I like the way Chrishell Stause is playing it.  Without histrionics but with that controlled, friendly tone of voice and the manicured Barbie-like appearance.  She seems so normal that it's almost more frightening than if she were raving like a lunatic.  

The look on her face when Ciara realized that Jordan had drugged her was scary as heck.

1 hour ago, tribeca said:

Bens hotel room is a mess. 

Your place would be a mess too, if the police and just general people off the street, would come in and rifle through your things every day.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

If I ever go crazy, I hope I look as flawless in my crazy as Jordan does. 

While this story is garbage, despite my reservations in the spoiler thread, I think Chrishell Hartley has been doing pretty good with this heelturn.

If I am ever kidnapped, I pray I'd look as flawless as Caira does.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, tribeca said:

I don’t even like Abigail that much but I can totally understand why she would brush Ben off.  She is also dealing with a missing daughter.  So she gets a pass for me this one time *g

I'm not as forgiving not solely cause I despise Abby but because when Jordan brought up Abby's cheating shenanigans before Charlotte went missing, Abby did the same thing of brushing her behavior off. It reminds me of when Ciara commented to Abby that she thought Abby would be more understanding of someone who suffers from mental illness since Abby is mentally ill too and Abby was taken aback. Then again, self-awareness despite her ego isn't Abby's strong suit. 

20 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Can someone remind me why Jack wants to be mayor?

As much as I like KdP as an actress, Eve just doesn't work despite the show trying to force her to work and this storyline is DOA for me. It's just like her vengeance against Jen. Yea, they have the history but Eve is pissed that Jen told the truth about Eve lying despite Eve constantly threatening Jen to keep her mouth shut. It just collapses on itself in a contrived heap of nonsense. 

Eli is a better cop than Hope and Rafe. He should be commissioner (and yes the bar is low but at least Eli showed some semblance of trying to be professional in Friday's ep. LOL at JJ trying to play tough guy and LOL at Days trying to make Chad seem like a tough guy. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5