Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, tribeca said:

Chad is a little dude but he sure can beat up bigger dudes. 

This is so ridiculous to me.  Chad is so strong, big and bad that he can constantly take down Stefan and Ben.  Stefan may be more mouth than action, but Ben was the necktie killer and both Stefan's and Chad's hired guard/thug.  Ben should NOT have been taken down so easily by Chad.  

And the same thing goes for Eric being able to constantly take down Xander like its nothing.  Eric is not a whimp but Xander is far from a pushover.  

• Love 3

Maybe Ben will get possession of the Salem Brain and figure out that Jordan being in town could have something to do with Ciara and Charlotte being missing. All about him going back to Bayveiw and surprise, Ciara's phone magically turns up in a hotel room drawer that has probably been searched a dozen times in the past day. Jordan looks so pretty, so controlled, so normal.

I didn't catch what Kate saw when she ran in to Jordan.

Now Eve has something on Trask. Don't know if they know that Trask is Haley's sister.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

She had a bag full of groceries.

The way things are going, I was fully expecting to see that Jordan was carrying a bag of decapitated heads.  Subtle, this rewrite storyline is NOT.

So Rafe is stranded in Iceland due to the weather?  Anybody wanna bet how long before he pisses off THAT country, too?  Maybe, just maybe, if we ask real nice, they might throw him in one of their geysers?  

Does Ted do anything besides hang around the station and speak incomprehensibly to Hope?  I guess this is supposed to be some sort of disguised courtship on his part but it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too dense for me.  Wearing a suit well isn't enough.

Abby is more like Ben than she wants to think - they both get huffy when anybody reminds them that they were both dangerous lunatics.  

Edited by boes
my speelink is worse than today's show
  • LOL 4
  • Love 12

Ugh, Ron, skip me with this Robert Ford-esque redemption tour for Stefan O.  "Ooooh, look how nice he's being to Chloe, so thoughtful of her and her kids."  NO!  Good thing Gabi was there to be a thorn in his side, glad she wasn't standing for his hypocritical ranting.

I also liked that Gabi seemed to sense something weird about Kate and Jordan, but then had this face like, "Eh, I could investigate this further, but it's Kate so meh."  Hee!

• Love 10

Gabi's outfit is very pretty, though it doesn't look wintery.

I hope Melinda wins the mayor's race and fires Hope.

Of course Brady has to offer his unsolicited device on how a woman is supposed to live her life.

"I can't uproot my kids." Right.  Because you don't bundle them off to your parents in New York at the drop of a hat.

Wow.  More racism, Show?  The thugs who attacked Chloe are Mexican, so they have to have been hired by Gabi?

I don't believe Julie has ever knit anything in her life.

• Love 7
26 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

I don't believe Julie has ever knit anything in her life.

Yep, b.s. on the blankie.

Julie is far more likely to have put together a mix tape of Doug's greatest hits and a locket with a picture of a foghorn for Charlotte to remember her by.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

Why does everyone simply let Hope come storming in and do whatever she wants?  Why does NO ONE ever demand a search warrant - you know they didn't have one.  And Jordan did NOT say Ben took Charlotte - she simply laid the groundwork for them to think that.  At least it appears Eli is using the Salem Brain today - he seems to be starting to think that this is all a little too easy.  They searched his room yesterday, he has supposedly been under constant surveillance but somehow, he managed to go out and get Ciara's phone and Charlotte's blanket - since yesterday -without anyone noticing.  This story of Hope's obsession with nailing Ben is getting really old and really stupid.  The sad thing is, not ONE person will blame her for not actually sending people out to look for Ciara and Charlotte (and thus, increasing any danger they may be in).  The will all pat her on the back and Abe will tell her what a great job she is doing.

• Love 8

I find it so odd yet hilarious that they just decided to randomly change Stefan's personality completely. For some reason it doesn't bother me. 

I love Gabi. I just love her so much. I swear this was the first good ep in like 2 weeks and I do believe it was solely because she was in it lol.

I hate that I felt for Ben today because I know that's exactly why the writers are doing this bullshit story. Dammit! I was so glad they had him questioning if maybe he really did do it. Abigail wondering if maybe Gabby really was out again would have went such a long way in making her actually sympathetic when Gabi was gaslighting her.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I find it so odd yet hilarious that they just decided to randomly change Stefan's personality completely. For some reason it doesn't bother me. 

I love Gabi. I just love her so much. I swear this was the first good ep in like 2 weeks and I do believe it was solely because she was in it lol.

I hate that I felt for Ben today because I know that's exactly why the writers are doing this bullshit story. Dammit! I was so glad they had him questioning if maybe he really did do it. Abigail wondering if maybe Gabby really was out again would have went such a long way in making her actually sympathetic when Gabi was gaslighting her.

Gabi makes everything better 🙂  I love how she is so dismissive of Stefan and his angst over Charlotte or her actions towards Abigail--her "that was in the past" was so perfectly in synch with Abs' astonishment whenever someone brings up her mental illness and murderous impulses.

There was a news break in between Jordan and Kate talking and Jordan's walking with a "drunk" Kate-how did Jordan drug Kate?

• Love 4
11 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Ugh, Ron, skip me with this Robert Ford-esque redemption tour for Stefan O.  "Ooooh, look how nice he's being to Chloe, so thoughtful of her and her kids."  NO!  Good thing Gabi was there to be a thorn in his side, glad she wasn't standing for his hypocritical ranting.

I also liked that Gabi seemed to sense something weird about Kate and Jordan, but then had this face like, "Eh, I could investigate this further, but it's Kate so meh."  Hee!

I've found myself yearning for Salem to install more chandeliers lately.....I think Kidnap Kabin could use one, the Police Station, the Dimera and Kiriakis Mansion and especially right over Ben and Abigail's heads, no matter where they may be at any given moment.  And I'm starting to wonder if Ben's mother's maiden name might have been Ford.

Isn't it special that he and CiAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRa have this psychotic connection?  That's one strong Lurve they've got going on!  

I can't wait for when they're reunited, 

giphy.gif

ohtheromance.

4 hours ago, Your Aunt Tilly said:

Why has nobody thought to check the cabin?????????

That presupposes there is a member of the Force who is even able to tie their own shoelaces or zip up after peeing - on the seat, most likely.  Besides, most of them are on a much more important case...

giphy.gif

They let El Fideo (The Noodle) slip through their fingers, but El Cachorro is NOT going to get away.  

Top notch brains at the Salem PD....

Edited by boes
Speeling
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4

If Ben has indeed been under surveillance from the Salem PD (a huge waste of financial resources), surely the good spying cops would have seen that he has stayed close to home. All they would have seen was Hope and Eli and probably Ted going to his room - without a search warrant - and he'd only be a person of interest. Oh yeah, they'd also see Jordan went to his room when he wasn't there. Hmmmmm. Maybe some Salem brain cells are seeping in to Eli's noggin. And really it is incredibly convenient that evidence to implicate Ben just magically turns up in his hotel room.

Sure, Ben questions himself and if he blacked out. Not Abigail. The two weeks with Grandma fixed her up good.

I find it hard to believe that Julie would knit a baby blanket - when, during Netflix time? Too busy being a busybody.

No one would check the cabin because they think that Ben would outsmart the brainpower of the Salem PD and stash Ciara somewhere else. With the fire, I guess whoever owned it had insurance and got it fixed up. And funny, no one living in the area has noticed any activity in its environs.

Gabi was dressed for spring. Too bad she didn't dig further in to Kate having a liquid lunch and being passed out. Again, Jumpin' Jack Flash Jordan weasels out of her predicament.

Psychic links/connections to someone are real but not hugely common. Either you have some ability to work with energy, or you have a soul connection to someone.

Brady, you have zero business controlling where Chloe lives. Why can't you rent a condo in a secure building for her? Nice of Stefan to buy such expensive gifts for the kids.

• Love 6

I found it unintentionally hilarious that in the same episode where Chloe, Brady and Maggie are talking about the Dimera Mansion being the safest place for Chloe and the kids that the same episode shows Gabi waltzing into the Dimera Mansion undetected. She also did this by simply "charming" her way in even though she's drugged the ex-wife and mother of both of the men who live there. Both men also currently hate her. Chloe would probably be safer in the park where women get drugged  and abducted or Horton Town Square were women get shot on their wedding day. Actually, I'm pretty sure the Brady Pub is the safest place in Salem. I can't remember the last time a major crime happened there, if you ignore the propensity for assault in that establishment.

I was so happy to see Chloe and Gabi's hair in buns today and to see Jordan's hair in a braid. The hair team on Days creates one look for women and never deviate from it, so it was nice to see something different. I guess someone stayed up late and saw one of those old late night infomercials and decided to spend Day's hair budget for the year on some type of bun and braid creator. Money well spent.

As a Chloe fan, it's nice to see the show actually write her as intelligent and observant again. I also like how the show is using her relationship with Lucas as a reasonable internal deterrent for her relationship with Brady. It's so shocking to hear someone on Days say they learned something from a past painful experience. I am also liking Chloe's scenes with Brady and Stefan. They were the highlight for me today.

I don't believe that Kate would ever turn her back on someone to call the cops.

Hope needs a long break from the show and so does Cin.

• Love 6

In a mood.  Time to have a ‘chat’ with our Salemites:

Kate - WTF were you thinking? Her brother is psychotic and you just bluster your way thru an impromptu interrogation near town square.  How many times have you been kidnapped/poisoned/taken hostage?   I love your boldness but today it was not your best move.  

Jordan- You left an INFANT with a tied up girl and went flitting about town?  That’s Murder 1 for reckless endangerment if the Baby dies. And let’s face it, you appear to be crazier than a bag of squirrels.  Turn yourself in. 

Gabi - it’s winter. Get a coat.  And why would you think Stefan would give you the time of day?  Note to Ron: you racist asshole - she’s Hispanic so she MUST have connections to a Mexican drug lord?  Not cool. How do I sick the ACLU on your ass?

Stefan- Well you are working hard to seem redeemable.  If you just hadn’t raped Abigail, I could get behind you. 

Chloe- Smart move.  Brady is a control freak.  Run.  Run away from Brady.  

Brady - it’s time for therapy or an intervention. REPEAT AFTER ME: ‘Women are not objects to possess.’   

Hope - you really are a bad cop.  No warrant. Just tossing Ben’s shit around because you have a badge and a gun.  You set a bad example for Eli.  Seriously, you act like a crooked cop.

Eli - get a warrant.  Don’t look to Hope for moral guidance.

Ben - Yes, tall dark and psycho .... you are being unjustly treated by the Salem PD but living in Salem is such a proufoundly bad decision, it’s hard to have much empathy. 

Ciara - Your feet are free.  Kick the headboard. That rickety old bed should not be able to withstand the energy of a 20 year old.  And the Baby needs you.  Suck it up and free yourself.  

Charlotte - you are surrounded by idiots.  Stay alive.  You have one job: don’t die.

Thank you Salemites for earning my ire today.  I needed to vent, you provided an easy target.  

...*starts hunting other characters to yell at...*

Edited by SueB
Spelling
  • Love 9

I hope Melinda wins the mayor's race and fires Hope.

As much as I can't stand Melinda, I'd love to see Hope get what's coming to her.  

Other than being the spawn of Stefano, what has Stefan done that makes him the most evil person in Salem?  In a town with Victor, Kate, Eve and many other hypocrites, Stefan seems not that bad.  He's done quite a bit of good even if some of it was for selfish reasons.  He helped Sami find E.J.  He helped Kristen.  He didn't torture Gabi when he had the chance.  He's not the worst that Salem has to offer.  

I for one feel for him since he lost Vivian, Gabby and Charlotte.  The rest of his family are either gone or hate him.  

• Love 5

Note to Ron: you racist asshole - she’s Hispanic so she MUST have connections to a Mexican drug lord?  Not cool. How do I sick the ACLU on your ass?

C'mon, it's a TV show.  It's not like people don't talk this way in real life, especially if they detest each other.  And how is it that you are okay with Abigail being raped and have a problem with a racist comment?   

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

Actually, I'm pretty sure the Brady Pub is the safest place in Salem. I can't remember the last time a major crime happened there, if you ignore the propensity for assault in that establishment.

There was that one time when EJ framed John for being Salem's version of Bernie Madoff and one of his victims (a cop) started to shoot up the Brady Pub when it was filled with Bradys, John, Marlena, Rafe, Sami and her kids.

After the shooting, Johnny went missing for the whole day and the Salem PD could not find him. Finally Allie remembered something about her twin, and Will and Rafe found Johnny. Hiding underneath a table in the Brady Pub.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, A.J. said:

C'mon, it's a TV show.  It's not like people don't talk this way in real life, especially if they detest each other.  And how is it that you are okay with Abigail being raped and have a problem with a racist comment?   

Because it's part of a trend.

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Because it's part of a trend.

And it's a soap opera! Writers give characters words to say that are sometimes stupid, ridiculous, unbelievable, and "trendy". Getting offended by a soap opera is like being offended by a cartoon character!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SueB said:

In a mood.  Time to have a ‘chat’ with our Salemites:

Kate - WTF were you thinking? Her brother is psychotic and you just bluster your way thru an impromptu interrogation near town square.  How many times have you been kidnapped/poisoned/taken hostage?   I love your boldness but today it was not your best move.  

Jordan- You left an INFANT with a tied up girl and went flitting about town?  That’s Murder 1 for reckless endangerment if the Baby dies. And let’s face it, you appear to be crazier than a bag of squirrels.  Turn yourself in. 

Gabi - it’s winter. Get a coat.  And why would you think Stefan would give you the time of day?  Note to Ron: you racist asshole - she’s Hispanic so she MUST have connections to a Mexican drug lord?  Not cool. How do I sick the ACLU on your ass?

Stefan- Well you are working hard to seem redeemable.  If you just hadn’t raped Abigail, I could get behind you. 

Chloe- Smart move.  Brady is a control freak.  Run.  Run away from Brady.  

Brady - it’s time for therapy or an intervention. REPEAT AFTER ME: ‘Women are not objects to possess.’   

Hope - you really are a bad cop.  No warrant. Just tossing Ben’s shit around because you have a badge and a gun.  You set a bad example for Eli.  Seriously, you act like a crooked cop.

Eli - get a warrant.  Don’t look to Hope for moral guidance.

Ben - Yes, tall dark and psycho .... you are being unjustly treated by the Salem PD but living in Salem is such a proufoundly bad decision, it’s hard to have much empathy. 

Ciara - Your feet are free.  Kick the headboard. That rickety old bed should not be able to withstand the energy of a 20 year old.  And the Baby needs you.  Suck it up and free yourself.  

Charlotte - you are surrounded by idiots.  Stay alive.  You have one job: don’t die.

Thank you Salemites for earning my ire today.  I needed to vent, you provided an easy target.  

...*starts hunting other characters to yell at...*

Sue B, how much do I love your post, let me count the ways!  

• Love 2
9 hours ago, A.J. said:

The rape was totally wrong.  I whyI cant really root for Stefan. And TV shows that put in casual racism ‘normalize’ it.  It’s not a plot point, it’s just racist.  

And Victor’s misogyny is also horribly out of control.

Edited by SueB
Autocorrect — why do you hurt me this way?
  • Love 6

Actually, I'm pretty sure the Brady Pub is the safest place in Salem. I can't remember the last time a major crime happened there, if you ignore the propensity for assault in that establishment.

There was also that glorious day when Clyde strapped a chemical bomb to Jennifer's chest and left her to detonate in the Brady Pub. Oh my, what a glorious day that was indeed!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Of course John is Leo's biological father because one retconned son isn't enough, the show gives him two.

I do like how Sonny's attitude towards Gabi hasn't changed in the slightest and she's even helping him meet up with Will.  And I look forward to Gabi's telling Leo off tomorrow :)

Still don't care one iota about Ben and Ciara, I'm just stunned that Jordan is being systematically destroyed to further their "romance."  I kind of want Hope to never come around to the idea of her daughter being in love with a serial killer because no mom in their right mind would be okay with it.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 6

On one hand, again, we have Will and Sonny being very passive, needing someone else to come in and deal with a situation for them.  And I still don't understand, if he's that horny, why Leo doesn't just get on a app and get to swiping.  Trying to barter with Xander was one thing - it was more quid pro quo and Xander had a choice in the matter - whereas Leo being this desperate for sex, with Sonny of all people, that he would blow up his money train for it is dumb.

On the other, boy did I enjoy Gabi fiercely taking command of the situation, smartly shoring up probably her strongest ally base in the process.  Looking forward to her and Leo squaring off tomorrow.

• Love 7
20 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Of course John is Leo's biological father because one retconned son isn't enough, the show gives him two.

I do like how Sonny's attitude towards Gabi hasn't changed in the slightest and she's even helping him meet up with Will.  And I look forward to Gabi's telling Leo off tomorrow 🙂

Still don't care one iota about Ben and Ciara, I'm just stunned that Jordan is being systematically destroyed to further their "romance."  I kind of want Hope to never come around to the idea of her daughter being in love with a serial killer because no mom in their right mind would be okay with it.

I think Diana is lying about Leo being John's son.

Edited by Sidney
  • Love 12
13 hours ago, MsTree said:

And it's a soap opera! Writers give characters words to say that are sometimes stupid, ridiculous, unbelievable, and "trendy". Getting offended by a soap opera is like being offended by a cartoon character!

So we're not supposed to call out racism when we see it because it's only a soap?

• Love 9
On 2/11/2019 at 11:26 PM, boes said:

So Rafe is stranded in Iceland due to the weather?  Anybody wanna bet how long before he pisses off THAT country, too?  Maybe, just maybe, if we ask real nice, they might throw him in one of their geysers?  

I wish his plane had crashed. I didn't miss him and IMO Rafe doesn't actually add anything to the show beyond self-righteous judgment cause he doesn't have a personality beyond that. We already have Hope and Julie around to spew self-righteous judgment at others and they're much more developed characters. 

14 hours ago, A.J. said:

Note to Ron: you racist asshole - she’s Hispanic so she MUST have connections to a Mexican drug lord?  Not cool. How do I sick the ACLU on your ass?

I actually don't have an issue with Ron spotlighting casual racism on the show. Some people, especially those with privilege, really do think this way and say things without realizing it is a microaggression. I've seen it IRL. Racism isn't always spewing slurs loudly. If anything, the last 2-3 years has shown how pervasive many biases / prejudices are with some people. 

14 hours ago, A.J. said:

Other than being the spawn of Stefano, what has Stefan done that makes him the most evil person in Salem?  In a town with Victor, Kate, Eve and many other hypocrites, Stefan seems not that bad.  He's done quite a bit of good even if some of it was for selfish reasons.  He helped Sami find E.J.  He helped Kristen.  He didn't torture Gabi when he had the chance.  He's not the worst that Salem has to offer.  

I don't feel for Stefan but I think he shines more with some characters (anyone but Abby, Chad, or Chabby) than others (Chabby).

IMO TPTB set Stefan up to fail as a character when they had him come in inexplicably obsessed with Abby's wig. TPTB are always going to make whomever they use to be Chabby angst fail because that person is solely a catalyst to prop Chabby so Stefan being inexplicably in love with a wig and taking advantage of that wig's wearer knowing the wearer was suffering from DID at that time - but not other times!! - was always going to undermine him. I wish they'd brought Stefan on for Chloe instead of wasting her on Lucas cause I did see some chemistry there. That said, I did like that Chloe told Brady nah on rekindling things though it should be more about their own original rocky ending and his terrible history with women than her bland whatever with Lucas.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Chick2Chic said:

IMO TPTB set Stefan up to fail as a character when they had him come in inexplicably obsessed with Abby's wig. TPTB are always going to make whomever they use to be Chabby angst fail because that person is solely a catalyst to prop Chabby so Stefan being inexplicably in love with a wig and taking advantage of that wig's wearer knowing the wearer was suffering from DID at that time - but not other times!! - was always going to undermine him. I wish they'd brought Stefan on for Chloe instead of wasting her on Lucas cause I did see some chemistry there. That said, I did like that Chloe told Brady nah on rekindling things though it should be more about their own original rocky ending and his terrible history with women than her bland whatever with Lucas.  

Stefan should have been Andrew Donovan and not a retcon Dimera. Being the son of a supercouple could have given him more staying power. Not to mention, Kim and Shane could do some guest appearances when the story dictates them to be present. I like knowing that Kim and Shane are living happily off the show. I am happy that Kim/Shane and Stayla were off the show for years and were spared the ugly writing that Bo and Hope, Jack/Jennifer and Jarlena were given over the years.   

• Love 2

Wait, Marlena said she hasn't evaluated Ben?

OK, Ben, I know it's a dream, but did you really have to dress Ciara up like a belly dancer?

Of course Hope is refusing to accept anything that might exonerate Ben.

People who can't get out of jury duty are stupid?  I find that personally offensive.  I consider jury duty a social responsibility.

Did Rafe try the doorknob before smashing in the door?

Yesss, Gabi!

Why would Sonny possibly ask Will to come to the mansion, instead of going somewhere else more private?

Edited by Silver Raven
the new update didn't fix the double posting problem.
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Stefan should have been Andrew Donovan and not a retcon Dimera. Being the son of a supercouple could have given him more staying power.

But those were not the cards dealt. He is Stefan and not Andrew. And being the child of a supercouple, and that in itself isn't always in clear agreement, is not a guarantee of anything regarding Days. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Chick2Chic said:

But those were not the cards dealt. He is Stefan and not Andrew. And being the child of a supercouple, and that in itself isn't always in clear agreement, is not a guarantee of anything regarding Days. 

I was just musing about how Stefan could have been a Brady instead of another Dimera.  You are correct in that nothing is a guarantee on this show.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

OK, Ben, I know it's a dream, but did you really have to dress Ciara up like a belly dancer?

That reminds me of an ep of Gotham when Jim hallucinated his ex Barbara as a sexy nurse. Didn't Stefan also dream up Gabby as a hypersexual Abby in cheap lingerie type clothing? LOL at Male characters and their hallucinations, though

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I was just musing about how Stefan could have been a Brady instead of another Dimera.  You are correct in that nothing is a guarantee on this show.

Belle and Shawn (and Claire) plus Theresa are all strong examples of how it doesn't matter who your parents are if the show doesn't want to write for you or wants to write you as a plot point for others. I have friends who want Theo to return to flesh out the younger set especially as he's a child of a well-known, long-term couple (Abe & Lexie just aren't a supercouple to me despite their longevity for several reasons) but Days can't even bother to write for the Black characters it has now. No need to muck up a Theo return too. 

• Love 4
Just now, Chick2Chic said:

Belle and Shawn (and Claire) plus Theresa are all strong examples of how it doesn't matter who your parents are if the show doesn't want to write for you or wants to write you as a plot point for others. I have friends who want Theo to return to flesh out the younger set especially as he's a child of a well-known, long-term couple (Abe & Lexie just aren't a supercouple to me despite their longevity for several reasons) but Days can't even bother to write for the Black characters it has now. No need to muck up a Theo return too. 

So true! 

• Love 1

Stefan is still torturing Gabi but in a different way.  He should have done what Chad would have done.  Give her what was hers since they do not want her around, but NO Stefan still wants torture her even after he framed her for prison.

• Love 2

I may be the only one here that feels this way, but I can't help myself, I'm a CIN fan.  The 2 actors have so much chemistry (at least to me) that whenever they're onscreen, my romantic self can't help but root for them.  ❤️

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Wait, Marlena said she hasn't evaluated Ben?

Why would Sonny possibly ask Will to come to the mansion, instead of going somewhere else more private?

To the first question, I think she meant she hadn't evaluated him since his arrest, which is probably in his favor because he'd likely fly off the handle at her again and potentially sink his case. I wonder how that would even work, since their professional relationship isn't the greatest at the moment.

And to the second question, at this point I truly believe the writers are having a contest to see who they can make the dumbest. First it was Sonny, who thought a coverup was necessary even though he would have known there's a security camera in the Kiriakis living room. Then Will, for somehow thinking he could take the fall for them both and then his whole "Well, my partner and I thought we killed your son, but could you help us out here?" spiel. Now it's back to Sonny, because he apparently wants to get caught. 🙄 These characters have not traditionally been brainless, yet here we are.

Edited by QueenSerena
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, QueenSerena said:

To the first question, I think she meant she hadn't evaluated him since his arrest, which is probably in his favor because he'd likely fly off the handle at her again and potentially sink his case. I wonder how that would even work, since their professional relationship isn't the greatest at the moment.

And to the second question, at this point I truly believe the writers are having a contest to see who they can make the dumbest. First it was Sonny, who thought a coverup was necessary even though he would have known there's a security camera in the Kiriakis living room. Then Will, for somehow thinking he could take the fall for them both and then his whole "Well, my partner and I thought we killed your son, but could you help us out here?" spiel. Now it's back to Sonny, because he apparently wants to get caught. 🙄 These characters have not traditionally been brainless, yet here we are.

For Leo to be all powerful, everybody has to be dumbed down. Will shot EJ who was threatening his family.  Kate would kill Leo for looking at Will with disdain, she loves Will more than her own children. Sonny is a Kiriakis, Justin and Victor are cowering in fear of Leo.  This story is so stupid, I no longer watch Wilson and I am a fan.  The show bores me immensely.  I have no interest in watching Jordan being destroyed for a serial killer. I hate Hope and her obsession with Ben pisses me off. Eve should be the one harassing Ben and I hate her involvement in Jack's story.. Anjelica should be on the show all up in Jack's story and tormenting Adrienne, not for Justin, but for Alexander.  Diana should not have come back to be Kristen lite in Jarlena's story.   I still like Eric, but, it pains me to see him so pathetic. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

Why isn't Ben dead?  Pulling a gun on a cop in a police station---that wasn't a hallucination, right?  It wasn't in black and white.  He'd be put down so fast his head would spin.

And I don't get his reasoning.  Is he trying to protect Jordan too which is why he's not going to tell anyone about his suspicions? 

• Love 5

Hope, a lot of people talk to themselves. I know that I do. Instead of running something through your head, you talk it out and you see things - sometimes more clearly. Yeah, Ben was imagining Ciara, but that is one of the few supportive things in his life. The puzzle pieces started to come together.

He probably should not have knocked out Eli - or whatever he did - and held a gun to the Commissioner. But she was having none of it. No reason, no rationality, no truth - just what *she* wants. No evidence that Ben did anything. If he was under surveillance and barely left his motel room, when did he have an opportunity to get Ciara's phone and Charlotte's blanket? Unless he lost the cop tailing him, wouldn't happen. And the cop tailing him would have filed a report. Plus made note of any visitors to Ben's room. Certainly the cop would have seen Jordan go to his room when he wasn't there.  There would be quite the paper trail.

I don't think he's protecting Jordan. Hope is not going to listen to him about anything and maybe hear a different narrative except the one that is stuck in her mind. He's probably shocked that his own sister would do this to him. Someone who cared for him, loved him, supported him - and now is framing him and wants him sent back to jail or a mental hospital for nothing.

John has another retconned offspring? Please say it isn't so and that Diana is lying.

At least Gabi has some support from Will and Sonny. I laughed when she walked in on Leo wearing nothing but a valentine heart.

Will, not everyone gets to be with their valentine and it is still a stupid, expensive, guilt-inducing Hallmark holiday.

Couldn't Rafe have flashed his badge and asked someone at the hotel to let him in to Kate's room - suspecting something was wrong? At least Gabi mentioned Kate's unusual behavior and her spending time and allegedly drinking with Jordan Ridgeway.

And Jordan, time for the cliché of setting the cabin on fire again. Someone needs to buy that land and put up some sort of public building so no one goes back.

• Love 6

Judith is an actor of impeccable talent who manages to make me pay attention to the scenes. Call it old school acting or whatever, something that's incredibly rare these days. Although WTD has been overused on soaps, I am still curious to find out if John's really Leo's father. After all, Richard Cooper had treated both Diana and her son like dirt for a long time before his eventual death. Perhaps the real reason behind the abusement was that Leo wasn't his son and Diana was in love with John.

Edited by sweetautumn
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

Leo and his strategically placed heart pillow was a nice shout out to Gabi and Nick, back before things went so dark with Nick.   However, the look on Gabi's face when she confronted Leo was quite different from how she looked at Nick's romantic gesture.....I have a feeling Leo is going to find why you don't want Gabi as an enemy.

She was on fire today, best thing about the show for me.

Oh, look, Ben has an imaginary friend!

giphy.gif

Marlena has sooooooooooooooooo much more work to do with this guy........

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

He probably should not have knocked out Eli - or whatever he did - and held a gun to the Commissioner. But she was having none of it. No reason, no rationality, no truth - just what *she* wants. No evidence that Ben did anything.

The phone and blanket were evidence.  Yes, Hope is obsessed with Ben but this show would do a lot better redemption wise if he was more resigned and almost accepting that it's the case.  I think back to the confrontation with Marlena. I know a lot of people liked that he called her out on violating boundaries without the limited justification to do so but he also complained that the police wouldn't be so focused on him if she hadn't done that.  Which---no.  They're on his ass because he killed people rather recently.  I wish he'd just own that instead of constantly be so put upon by it.

Hope didn't feel like she had another good suspect.  But Ben now does so the first thing he should have done is to share that with her or with Eli because his theory aligns with the evidence they've uncovered that point to him.

Instead, he jumps right to holding a gun to the commissioner's head.  But I also blame Ron and his "misapplied tropes."  I remember this from his time on OLTL too.  He'll have characters do soap opera tropey things but not quite hitting the contextual tone right. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, buffynut said:

I may be the only one here that feels this way, but I can't help myself, I'm a CIN fan.  The 2 actors have so much chemistry (at least to me) that whenever they're onscreen, my romantic self can't help but root for them.  ❤️

You're not the only one.  I like them together too.  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, sweetautumn said:

Judith is an actor of impeccable talent who manages to make me pay attention to the scenes. Call it old school acting or whatever, something that's incredibly rare these days. Although WTD has been overused on soaps, I am still curious to find out if John's really Leo's father. After all, Richard Cooper had treated both Diana and her son like dirt for a long time before his eventual death. Perhaps the real reason behind the abusement was that Leo wasn't his son and Diana was in love with John.

I wouldn't care if this wasn't just done with Paul. But it was. So this seems ridiculous. What, will John be the "new" Stefano in terms of kids popping out of the woodwork every three months?

• Love 3