Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Tripp and Haley have good chemistry. They have a hell of a meet cute story. 

Ben and Claire = Sid and Nancy or Joker and Harley Quinn vibes. He basically whisper threatened to kill her while twisting her arm but we’re supposed to want him with the naive young recently raped girl who is town royalty? Ok Show 🙄 Claire to her credit didn’t back down. 

I like laidback self aware man slut bro Rex. He’s like Mattthew McConnaughey crossed with Joey from Friends. Jennifer is being really likable right now too in realism over Jack’s predicament and cold demeanor. 

Is Eve actually having sex with Jack there hotel has one bed which is hella weird to have booked weeks ago if they’re platonic. 

Sarah was being out of pocket with Marlena today.

I don’t like how stories air so isolated I would prefer a couple less and touch on most daily. It’s super disjointed episodes and characterizations. I also miss the show would end on a weird sound effect and freeze and go black and white and warp and when they had previews still and the scenes had lightning bolts and flashes between them. 

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Tripp and Haley have good chemistry. They have a hell of a meet cute story. 

Ben and Claire = Sid and Nancy or Joker and Harley Quinn vibes. He basically whisper threatened to kill her while twisting her arm but we’re supposed to want him with the naive young recently raped girl who is town royalty? Ok Show 🙄 Claire to her credit didn’t back down. 

I like laidback self aware man slut bro Rex. He’s like Mattthew McConnaughey crossed with Joey from Friends. Jennifer is being really likable right now too in realism over Jack’s predicament and cold demeanor. 

Claire did good today, would have done even better if she'd kneed that nutjob where it counts.  Show can't have it both ways, at least not with me.  Ben was definitely threatening Claire with bodily harm, if not murder, and getting this bent out of shape because the woman he has the unbalanced crush on is out of town is out of bounds.   I quit watching GH a long time ago because that show tried to make Franco happen (well, and Sonny and Carly and Jason) and this is starting to smell the same.

I'm up for somebody short-sheeting Eric's bed, putting saran wrap on his toilet seat or peeing in his shoes, ANYTHING to give pouty poopy pants a real reason to be such an ungracious asshole.  Rex may be a dawg but he's done nothing to Eric other than try to engage in conversation, have a brotherly relationship, and all he's met with is Eric's slouchy blame glare.  I'm all for Claire coming over and kneeing HIM in the nuts as well.  

I'm very happy to see Jack seeking out JJ, nice to see him developing a relationship with his son instead of seeking out the Altar of Abigail as I expected him to do.  

I would have run from Adrienne, too.  

11 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Edited by boes
double post
  • Love 8

I too liked Jack seeking out JJ - to have someone to talk to.

On some level, he doesn't wonder about Eve's rabid interest in him? Wouldn't Eve's 'plan' work better if she lets Jack do his own thing? And then choose *her*?

Claire has hurt a lot of people, but she mainly hurts herself in her poorly planned schemes. Ben was a bit out of line. He could simply have told her to stop playing little girl schemer games and that they don't work. He could send Ciara a text or email and see if she gets back to him at some point. With the time difference, it may be a few hours.

Daddy Roman bringing over nachos and wings to watch some game with his two sullen sons? Eric you are over 40. Yeah, you are hurting over your great love's death but also finding someone new within a few weeks who may be involved with your brother. Your brother has made some screw-ups with this woman, but it is up to them to solve their problems. If she is for you she will be for you at some point. Let her make that choice for herself.

And Sarah Horton, there are other psychologists and counsellors to talk to about your love life than Eric's mother. A bit weird, non? Dump them both and be single for a while. You get to do what you want, who you want, when you want. Rex will probably repeat his pattern of cheating on you with someone - an ex, another sister or relative, etc. Question him about why he does this, why he is so insecure, etc.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I too liked Jack seeking out JJ - to have someone to talk to.

On some level, he doesn't wonder about Eve's rabid interest in him? Wouldn't Eve's 'plan' work better if she lets Jack do his own thing? And then choose *her*?

Claire has hurt a lot of people, but she mainly hurts herself in her poorly planned schemes. Ben was a bit out of line. He could simply have told her to stop playing little girl schemer games and that they don't work. He could send Ciara a text or email and see if she gets back to him at some point. With the time difference, it may be a few hours.

Daddy Roman bringing over nachos and wings to watch some game with his two sullen sons? Eric you are over 40. Yeah, you are hurting over your great love's death but also finding someone new within a few weeks who may be involved with your brother. Your brother has made some screw-ups with this woman, but it is up to them to solve their problems. If she is for you she will be for you at some point. Let her make that choice for herself.

And Sarah Horton, there are other psychologists and counsellors to talk to about your love life than Eric's mother. A bit weird, non? Dump them both and be single for a while. You get to do what you want, who you want, when you want. Rex will probably repeat his pattern of cheating on you with someone - an ex, another sister or relative, etc. Question him about why he does this, why he is so insecure, etc.

I like Jack hanging out with JJ but does he know that JJ did the nasty with Eve......several times?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, plurie said:

Hayley should NOT have trusted JJ. And JJ should NOT have told Jack Hayley's secret. If he needed someone to talk to, why not Marlena or Eric?

Oh No.  this is not good. Missed JJ telling jack Hayley’s secret.  The local news kept interrupting  to tell us its cold outside 

• Love 2

I love Eric, but even my patience is being tested with all his moodiness.  But I did think it was cool he was watching TV. 

Seriously, when's the last time someone in Salem had a TV?  I also like that Haley was cooking the other day.  Finally they're making the tiny sets seem more like somewhere someone would actually live.

Really, JJ. You promised Haley you would keep her secret, and 2 seconds later you're about to spill to your father.  I do really like the JJ/Jack relationship.  In fact, I'm really loving Jack's return to life story.

Eve?  What is it you really want?  To hurt Jennifer?  Is that all?

I've been rooting for Ben and Cin, but after today I'm wavering a bit. Unless they tell us he's off his meds, there's no way to explain his very real threat to Claire yesterday.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, boes said:

I'm up for somebody short-sheeting Eric's bed, putting saran wrap on his toilet seat or peeing in his shoes, ANYTHING to give pouty poopy pants a real reason to be such an ungracious asshole.  Rex may be a dawg but he's done nothing to Eric other than try to engage in conversation, have a brotherly relationship, and all he's met with is Eric's slouchy blame glare.  I'm all for Claire coming over and kneeing HIM in the nuts as well.  

True, Eric is being an asshole, but, he has never been close to Rex.  I don't even think that the original Eric ever even met Rex and Cassie.  Eric has always been close to Carrie, Sami, Belle and Brady.   Ron is making it seem like the Rex/Eric relationship is on the same level as Eric's other relationships  with his other siblings. That was never the case. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

True, Eric is being an asshole, but, he has never been close to Rex.  I don't even think that the original Eric ever even met Rex and Cassie.  Eric has always been close to Carrie, Sami, Belle and Brady.   Ron is making it seem like the Rex/Eric relationship is on the same level as Eric's other relationships  with his other siblings. That was never the case. 

I agree, but he's not even the least bit polite or welcoming.  He's nicer to people he's just met than he is to Rex.

1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

I like Jack hanging out with JJ but does he know that JJ did the nasty with Eve......several times?

He does, JJ told him at the pub.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, boes said:

I agree, but he's not even the least bit polite or welcoming.  He's nicer to people he's just met than he is to Rex.

Eric is in a bad place right now and he is being an asshole.  Grief can really push people over the edge and it is shocking that Marlena has not suggested that he gets grief counseling over Nicole.  First he fixated on Nicole's daughter and now he is doing it with Sarah. That is not healthy.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5

I don't know how I missed JJ telling Jack about Haley's secret. I mean, it was obvious the second they started talking that he would and I was waiting for it, so like how did I miss it lol?

2 hours ago, buffynut said:

I've been rooting for Ben and Cin, but after today I'm wavering a bit. Unless they tell us he's off his meds, there's no way to explain his very real threat to Claire yesterday.

Oh, they probably will just say he went off his meds. Probably because he just loves Ciara SO much and he was just SO worried about her that he forgot to take them. That's not good lol, but the writers will probably think it's awesome and proves they belong together or some shit.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I don't know how I missed JJ telling Jack about Haley's secret. I mean, it was obvious the second they started talking that he would and I was waiting for it, so like how did I miss it lol?

Ok, maybe JJ hasn't told Jack Hayley's secret yet, but it's clear that he's about to do so. And it's a REALLY bad idea.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, boes said:

He does, JJ told him at the pub.

I remember the dinner they had at Doug's Place but I must have missed them talking at The Brady Pub.

• Love 1

It makes no sense that Hayley would tell JJ her secret so soon in their friendship. People who have no papers, know not to go around telling people something that can be used against them.  Ron needs to talk to immigrants and ask them how life is like for them before he writes his stories. Ron lives in New York city, so, he has no excuse..

• Love 6
20 hours ago, tribeca said:

Plus they only have whip cream and strawberries at home.

LOL. Although it has always bugged that John and Marlena kept up the strawberries and cream routine even after it came out that John wasn't Roman after all.

Elsewhere, I loved Maggie's reaction to Sarah confiding she slept with Xander.

DyP_uunWsAA-gwl.jpg]

But what show is this again?

DyP_Rt9X0AABdpm.jpg

If they're going to bring on Y&R alums and DOOL alums, can we bring back SN's Patch? Please?

28 years ago today, Patch asked Jack to be his best man and here's Jack telling Jenn about it:

Here's a close-up of the photo Jennifer picked up off of Jack's desk - one of him and Patch.

DyPtHNaXgAAr4uu.jpg

• Love 9
31 minutes ago, Lastwaltz said:

Bless you, @CountryGirl for bringing those Jack and Jenn scenes over. Those were the days :)

If I remember correctly Jack is going to save Steve from a crazed Harper at Stayla's wedding.  Jack is going to accidently kill Harper and he will push Jennifer away, thinking that he is still the violent monster who violated Kayla, unworthy of her.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

If I remember correctly Jack is going to save Steve from a crazed Harper at Stayla's wedding.  Jack is going to accidently kill Harper and he will push Jennifer away, thinking that he is still the violent monster who violated Kayla, unworthy of her.

You have such a great mind for details, @Apprentice79 -- all I remember is the push and pull that lasted what seemed like years, but the inevitability was always clear. I bet it would seem interminably slow for current viewers, but it was great to watch. Same with Bo and Carly -- I loved their longing hidden glances at each other from across the room. Sigh. 

• Love 7
On ‎2019‎-‎01‎-‎30 at 4:10 PM, BuckeyeLou said:

Meanwhile, I agree with other posters that Judith Chapman's version of Diana is totally different than Genie Francis'. 

IS Diana Cooper supposed to be Diana Colville? I had no idea of that. Maybe it's the same as the Kate recast where Kate Roberts sort-of-is and sort-of-isn't Kate Winograd? (At least, that's my understanding of Kate's "history," if so it may be called.)

Edited by Sandman
Winograd! That was the other name.
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Sandman said:

IS Diana Cooper supposed to be Diana Colville? I had no idea of that. Maybe it's the same as the Kate recast where Kate sort-of-is and sort-of-isn't Kate Roberts? (At least, that's my understanding of Kate's "history," if so it may be called.)

Yes, Diana Colville is Diana Cooper. Diana just met Marlena for the first time in today's episode and she reacted like Diana Colville would have..  

• Love 3

This Will/Sonny/Leo thing is really starting to frustrate me.  On one hand, I certainly get that Will and Sonny love each other and feel trapped and are trying to tunnel their way out.  But their attitude...it worked better, for example, when Leo had just framed Sonny for sexual harassment to get a payday out of him.  But Will going to Diana and being all, "Yeah, we thought we killed your son and we wrapped him up like trash in a rug, but it was, like, a total accident, plus he's a gold digger so who cares if he might have died!" is just...yuck.  I also didn't understand his surprise that she wouldn't turn on her own son for a stranger with no incentive.  Plus, Adrienne was annoying.  But I'm also over Leo and I'm not feeling Diana so I'm ready for this whole thing to be done.  Turn the page, Ron.

After yesterday, I really appreciated that they put in these Ben/Marlena scenes, that Ben recognized he was spiraling and not acting right and sought out help. 

• Love 10

Yesterday I was reminded of how deranged Ben could be and I was rolling my eyes at some of the excuses for the behavior I was reading on social media. Gr

Today, I was tearing up watching him with Marlena and felt genuinely sorry for him. 

WTF is wrong with me??

I have always liked Judith Chapman but so far I'm not into her as Diana. 

• Love 6

It's funny how Ben did not tell Marlena how he threatened, manhandled and disparaged her favorite child's daughter Claire. I wonder if Marlena would have been so sympathetic, if she knew this.  I am still not feeling Ben. I find his attachment to Ciara to be as unhealthy as his attachment to Abigail that sent him over the edge.  

• Love 10
27 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Yes, Diana Colville is Diana Cooper. Diana just met Marlena for the first time in today's episode and she reacted like Diana Colville would have..  

And just to add, she's been spotted in the credits as Diana Colville.

I didn't find the Will/Diana/Sonny/Leo thing yucky, so much as it was just frustrating. It truly was an accident and they screwed up royally in how they responded, but whyyyyyyyy spill all that tea to Diana? Leo is the way he is for a reason, and you just gave her all kinds of ammunition to use against you in the event she wants something. I cannot with the stupid.

• Love 4
19 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

As a Diana fan, it hurts to see what Ron has done to her because he has no idea how to write a  heroine.   RoJohn was so different with Diana and they had a light-hearted romance filled with humor and laughter. A respite for RoJohn after his drama-filled romance with Marlena.  

I really wish they'd bring GF back as Diana so she could finally meet Marlena in person after all this time. Yes she had problems with Days writers back then but things could have changed after 30 years.  

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, sweetautumn said:

I really wish they'd bring GF back as Diana so she could finally meet Marlena in person after all this time. Yes she had problems with Days writers back then but things could have changed after 30 years.  

I always wanted Diana and Marlena to meet. She mothered her kids when she could not. Diana was very insecure about Marlena and it was an organic obstacle for her and Rojohn.  We could have gotten great flashbacks of Diana and Rojohn if Genie was playing Diana.  I would love Diana to interact with the Brady family, Adrienne, Victor, Jennifer, Jack and finally meet the real Roman.  Ron will only isolate her to Wilson and Leo. She met Will today and had no reaction to him.  Diana knew the Hortons she was great friends with Mike Horton.  She could have asked him about who his parents was and learned that Will was Sami's son.. She could have asked him about his mom, Eric and Carrie. She risked her life to save Carrie and Benji from Stefano.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

That's the August wedding.  This is the wedding where Kayla was arrested by Abe for Marina's murder while both Kayla and MB were pregnant 

Edited by Lisa418722
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

By all rights, when Diana sees John, she should call him Roman--that ought to be entertaining as all get out :)

2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

It's funny how Ben did not tell Marlena how he threatened, manhandled and disparaged her favorite child's daughter Claire. I wonder if Marlena would have been so sympathetic, if she knew this.  I am still not feeling Ben. I find his attachment to Ciara to be as unhealthy as his attachment to Abigail that sent him over the edge.  

Yes, does Ben realize that Claire is Marlena's granddaughter?  And he is way too obsessed with Ciara and how her belief in him is the only meaningful thing in his life.  Seriously, that's massively unhealthy.

2 hours ago, QueenSerena said:

I didn't find the Will/Diana/Sonny/Leo thing yucky, so much as it was just frustrating. It truly was an accident and they screwed up royally in how they responded, but whyyyyyyyy spill all that tea to Diana? Leo is the way he is for a reason, and you just gave her all kinds of ammunition to use against you in the event she wants something. I cannot with the stupid.

I can kind of understand Will's reasoning--he is banking on Diana being a normal mother who will be appalled at her son's horribly criminal behavior and will in turn help bring him to justice or at least get him to behave better.  I think Will is a generally hopeful person but he's also grasping at straws to get Leo out of their lives.

Weren't Adrienne and Diana friends back in the day?  

Lani and Eli continue to be the boringest, most non-interesting and snooze worthy couple in Salem.  I did love how Eli immediately assumed that Hope's going to cheat on Rafe because that's how he and Lani react when there's any sort of problem in their romantic lives--it's only a matter of time...

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I can kind of understand Will's reasoning--he is banking on Diana being a normal mother who will be appalled at her son's horribly criminal behavior and will in turn help bring him to justice or at least get him to behave better.  I think Will is a generally hopeful person but he's also grasping at straws to get Leo out of their lives.

I agree, and the more I've thought of it since first seeing the scenes................he's right that Leo would have eventually told her anyway. In that sense, it was good to attempt to get out in front of it. I'm still annoyed that he gave the entire game away, lol, but it is what it is. :)

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I find his attachment to Ciara to be as unhealthy as his attachment to Abigail that sent him over the edge.  

Seriously though. I feel like we're supposed to think it's so dreamy and romantic that Ben is, essentially, obsessed with Ciara. Yea, not so much, writers. I did like Ben today though. I could be so into this story, but it's just not well done.

Honestly, I barely remember what else happened lol.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I always wanted Diana and Marlena to meet. She mothered her kids when she could not. Diana was very insecure about Marlena and it was an organic obstacle for her and Rojohn.  We could have gotten great flashbacks of Diana and Rojohn if Genie was playing Diana.  I would love Diana to interact with the Brady family, Adrienne, Victor, Jennifer, Jack and finally meet the real Roman.  Ron will only isolate her to Wilson and Leo. She met Will today and had no reaction to him.  Diana knew the Hortons she was great friends with Mike Horton.  She could have asked him about who his parents was and learned that Will was Sami's son.. She could have asked him about his mom, Eric and Carrie. She risked her life to save Carrie and Benji from Stefano.

Yeah Absolutely! I'd love to see her reconnects with Adrianne, the Bradys, Jennifer Jack etc. Too bad Carrie and Sami aren't in town. LOL Diana's meeting with the real Roman would be so hilarious if she mistakes him for Chris.  Although I am still processing with JC's version, there was a glimpse of old Diana when she went full mama bear today. Sure Leo and her doesn't have a healthy mother-son relationship but she still loves him. Whatever happened in the past, I could never imagine Diana would abuse her own child. She (and Drake's Roman) was so wonderful with Benji, Carrie, twins and kids. 

• Love 3

I liked Ben being proactive and seeking help. Even though his focus on Ciara isn't particularly healthy at this time, it is all he has and he clings to some normalcy. Once he finds a job and gets a place to live, things may turn around for him. He recognized he had a problem. A lot of people wouldn't do that.

Lani and Eli are dull. Surely they could have found an indoor pool in Salem and splashed around instead of bringing some lawn chairs to a restaurant.

Adrienne's scissors looked a lot sharper than mine - mine barely cut wrapping paper these days. Good for her for not mucking around with Leo.

Diana Cooper/Colville should just keep checking out the Salem temperature to build proper alliances.

Figured Ted would be interested in the DA position.

Ciara came back early and now is pretty tied up.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I love that this board has a lot of Diana fans. 

I don't know that I actually qualify as a fan of the character, though I always like Genie Francis. I don't remember Diana Colville all that well, to be honest; I just can't imagine that she would be both a selfish grifter and massively stupid. I have no trouble imagining Judith Chapman playing such a character, however, and I'm absolutely sure that's where this story is going. Because what else do these writers do?

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, Sandman said:

I don't know that I actually qualify as a fan of the character, though I always like Genie Francis. I don't remember Diana Colville all that well, to be honest; I just can't imagine that she would be both a selfish grifter and massively stupid. I have no trouble imagining Judith Chapman playing such a character, however, and I'm absolutely sure that's where this story is going. Because what else do these writers do?

I have always liked Genie and it is a shame that she always gets screwed over by the people in charge of the show that she is in.. All My Children, General Hospital, Days of our lives and the Young&the restless have all done her wrong. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I love that this board has a lot of Diana fans.   

44 minutes ago, Sandman said:

I don't remember Diana Colville all that well,

I don't remember Diana Colville very well either, but Judith Chapman seems, and looks, too old to be a "grown up" version of Genie Francis's Diana.  She's believable as Leo's mother, but like Cassie Depaiva's Eve feels like a brand new character to me, so does this version of Diana.

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 8

Diana has crazy beautiful eyes. 

Leo looks more like a Mathew. 

Wills plan was really dumb   We killed your son or at least we thought we did   You should help us  

why do so many people on this show talk to their parents about their sex lives ?

marlena is looking extra fresh and beautiful lately.  Must be all that beautiful rest she got after being shot 

Bens attachment to Ciara is Way over the top.  

Not sure what do think of Hope and Ted but why is it Eli business ?

Lani and Eli date was cute. Any reason for me to see Eli in a bathing suit  

• Love 7

Seriously, though!  I dunno if it's the more ship-centric nature of soaps these days, but I miss soap friendships.  And Ron's done some great ones on other shows.  Kyle and Roxy!  Fish, Cristian, and Layla!  Britt and Brad!

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I love that this board has a lot of Diana fans.  I know some people who preferred Rojohn with her over Marlena...lol 

I'll do you one better, I not only preferred Diana with John but I liked Isabella with John more than Marlena!

• Love 8
37 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Wills plan was really dumb   We killed your son or at least we thought we did   You should help us  

why do so many people on this show talk to their parents about their sex lives ?

Bens attachment to Ciara is Way over the top.  

Lani and Eli date was cute. Any reason for me to see Eli in a bathing suit  

I kinda hate picking on Will but could he BE more of a naif?  He goes off to try and get the goods on Leo from Leo's mom and he's barely in the door before he's telling her - in detail - how he and Sonny "accidentally" killed her kid and THEN ROLLED HIS BODY IN A RUG.  Something every mother wants to hear....and then he's surprised that she doesn't jump at the chance to help him and Sonny.   It seems to me that Will has gotten progressively more naif-like, to the point that I fully expect him to see him walking down the road, whistling, with a fishing pole over his shoulder.  He's such an Opie.

Sometimes I'm surprised - again - at the absurdity of some Salem setups, like Ben's therapist being the grandmother of the guy he strangled almost to death AND the grandmother of the girl he just threatened.  IRL, she should find him another doctor or push him into oncoming traffic.  The whole Ben storyline is making my eyes roll so much I'm getting sea sick.

I agree, anytime Eli is in a bathing suit is a good day in Salem!  I did laugh, though, when he told Lani she was the most interesting person he knew.  Eli, you need to get out more.

• Love 18
2 minutes ago, boes said:

I kinda hate picking on Will but could he BE more of a naif?  He goes off to try and get the goods on Leo from Leo's mom and he's barely in the door before he's telling her - in detail - how he and Sonny "accidentally" killed her kid and THEN ROLLED HIS BODY IN A RUG.  Something every mother wants to hear....and then he's surprised that she doesn't jump at the chance to help him and Sonny.   It seems to me that Will has gotten progressively more naif-like, to the point that I fully expect him to see him walking down the road, whistling, with a fishing pole over his shoulder.  He's such an Opie.

Sometimes I'm surprised - again - at the absurdity of some Salem setups, like Ben's therapist being the grandmother of the guy he strangled almost to death AND the grandmother of the girl he just threatened.  IRL, she should find him another doctor or push him into oncoming traffic.  The whole Ben storyline is making my eyes roll so much I'm getting sea sick.

I agree, anytime Eli is in a bathing suit is a good day in Salem!  I did laugh, though, when he told Lani she was the most interesting person he knew.  Eli, you need to get out more.

Will lost his intelligence when he regained his memory.  Not to mention, it is painfully obvious that Chandler has checked out and his disinterest in the material makes me uncomfortable as a viewer. If he does not care, why should I?

Don't forget that Ben tried to kill Marlena as well to set up Chad who was seeing Marlena professionally.  Any woman who had contact with Chad for whatever reason became a target for death. 

• Love 4

I dunno...Marlena treating Ben kinda speaks highly of her, no?  She went into that initial evaluation with him very skeptical, very ready to rid herself of him, but she saw progress and saw an attempt to better himself and she felt compelled to help that process.  And I like Marlena in shrink mode, and it's nice seeing her treat someone who's not a relative or someone she cares about outside the office, just a straight-up patient she wants to see improve their mental health.

Now Ben did at one point have his own shrink, right, what happened with that again?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I dunno...Marlena treating Ben kinda speaks highly of her, no?  She went into that initial evaluation with him very skeptical, very ready to rid herself of him, but she saw progress and saw an attempt to better himself and she felt compelled to help that process. 

I see your point.  But, just my opinion, her relationship with his victims, one in particular, would still make her objectivity questionable, even on a subconscious level.  But this is a soap and Salem only has one therapist and it's better he's seeing her than her son Eric who only plays one at the Horton Center.

I dunno, for me there's soap saintly behavior and then there's "Oh, brother....." followed by an eye roll.

Edited by boes
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, boes said:

I see your point.  But, just my opinion, her relationship with his victims, one in particular, would still make her objectivity questionable, even on a subconscious level.

That's a great point, it's certainly not something that would be allowed in the real world.

But somehow, I find Marlena treating her grandson's "murderer" way less annoying than when, on OLTL, Marty was somehow forced to do therapy sessions with VicTodd, like, six months after he re-raped her.  Yuck.

• Love 6

While I certainly understand that Brady's sex magic would even bring the boys to the yard, Leo dear, if you're that desperate to get laid, may I remind you of the dating app that you met Sonny on in the first place?  I am so over him, I dunno what happened!

Great point, Diana, why do all these people think she's going to throw her own son, even one who she has a bad relationship with, under the bus for complete strangers?  At least offer to write her a check, damn!

This pivot to/back to Chloe/Stefan O. was extremely clumsy.

• Love 10