Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Kyle is just the wrong choice to take over the Rex role, imho, all I can see and hear is Brady with him so I keep waiting for him to mention his “Grandfather” in some way or another. 

At least they should have brought him back as a Kiriakis, he just fits the mold of that family to me.

It also doesn’t help that I never had any interest in Rex from day one, the character never held any real value for me, and the twisted pretzel that was his and Cassie’s paternity bender, first fake “alien test tube babies” then they were Tony and Marlena’s brats until they weren’t and suddenly Kate and Ronan were the parents, gmafb, it was so contrived abd unbelievable it forever tainted them for me. 

I really wish they would give Bryan something decent to do as Lucas.

It’s high past time that Lucas wasn’t being painted as just a pathetic addict or love sick loser, he has so many connections on screen they could exploit and storylines he could be involved with, but instead he is currently being set up to lose yet again, I am so beyond tired of this played out trend for him. 

I don’t care about Abby.

I don’t care about Gabi.

I don’t care about Gabby. 

The whole storyline makes me feel stabby. 

• Love 9
22 minutes ago, AnswersWanted said:

I don’t care about Abby.

I don’t care about Gabi.

I don’t care about Gabby. 

The whole storyline makes me feel stabby. 

Somewhere, Theodore Geisel, a.k.a. Dr. Seuss, is smiling at this post!

• Love 8
38 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Aww thanks and I hope so! He was one of my favorite childhood literary heroes. 

Sometimes this show makes me feel like I have to find something humorous about it or else I will scream, heh. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Also, is Abigail so stupid she doesn't realize that Stefan is only keeping her around for Gabby?

Yep.  She's that dumb.  And arrogant enough to think she'll always be in control.

Somebody spoiled that child.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, AnswersWanted said:

It also doesn’t help that I never had any interest in Rex from day one, the character never held any real value for me, and the twisted pretzel that was his and Cassie’s paternity bender, first fake “alien test tube babies” then they were Tony and Marlena’s brats until they weren’t and suddenly Kate and Ronan were the parents, gmafb, it was so contrived abd unbelievable it forever tainted them for me. 

Same here.  Rex and Cassie should have been Orpheus' children who were out for revenge on Jarlena, Roman and their kids.  Marlena was kidnapped by Orpheus to care for his children.   

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

Still caught Jennifer's clown pants, though.  They were hideous.

LOL!  So did I.  I actually think these type of things are deliberate just to make the audience react.  But those pants were atrocious.  

• Love 7

I have said this many times before, but whyyyy does Bryan Datillo still have a 70s swept-back helmut haircut?? it is not even flattering to his face!! he would look much better with any other hairstyle than this

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Why do they keep dancing around the name of Rex's fiancee?

Kyle is already doing a good job.

"I'm with Abby at the mansion right now." Uh, this is Salem, there's more than one mansion.

Chloe just figured it out.

Damn, Casey has chemistry with everybody he works with.

How does one divorce their partner without the partner being notified? Also, is Abigail so stupid she doesn't realize that Stefan is only keeping her around for Gabby?

I suppose to build "suspense" that she is Sarah Horton.  Rex's scenes with Roman would of played better if they kept the name a "secret" but he told Roman that he knows the fiancée.  Rex's whole "she comes from a great family", yes Rex, a great family, one that is entangled in your family as well.  Yes Lucas, I'm engaged, actually to your cousin Sarah.

With Rex in town it is reminding me how many "double relatives" Will has since he is a Brady/Horton/Roberts.  With Rex being his "double uncle", Chelsea his double cousin, Hope his aunt and cousin, etc.

Oh and Belle, Lucas isn't like family, he is family.  He is your former brother in law, the father to your niece and nephew, and also your cousin in law.

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

Why do they keep dancing around the name of Rex's fiancee?

Apparently this dance extends to "Baby Bonnie". Now that we know Sarah is Rex's fiancee, let's see how long it takes to ID that adorable baby.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, JBC344 said:

I suppose to build "suspense" that she is Sarah Horton.  Rex's scenes with Roman would of played better if they kept the name a "secret" but he told Roman that he knows the fiancée.  Rex's whole "she comes from a great family", yes Rex, a great family, one that is entangled in your family as well.  Yes Lucas, I'm engaged, actually to your cousin Sarah.

With Rex in town it is reminding me how many "double relatives" Will has since he is a Brady/Horton/Roberts.  With Rex being his "double uncle", Chelsea his double cousin, Hope his aunt and cousin, etc.

Oh and Belle, Lucas isn't like family, he is family.  He is your former brother in law, the father to your niece and nephew, and also your cousin in law.

All these familial entanglements gives me a migraine.

• Love 13
On 10/25/2018 at 9:43 PM, Petunia13 said:

Am I the only one getting vibes that DH/John just shows up to have fun and get out of the house with his friends? It kind of cute honestly. 

I love it!

I'm sorry but Abigail is a dumb bitch. Having MM play all this so smugly was a very bad choice.

Ugh, JJ and Gabi have such good chemistry. 

Bonnie's "Liquor helps" line was an instant classic. I literally loled!

I don't hate FF as much as many and I think she's been pretty decent. KL has been doing well, too. He has a real warmth and energy. I don't know who this Sarah person is, but I'm interested. The actress looks like a dead ringer for the actress who played Melanie.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 10
51 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm sorry but Abigail is a dumb bitch. Having MM play all this so smugly was a very bad choice.

I know she's supposed to be DESPERATE enough to do anything to stay out of the hospital, but yeah, this is really stupid and ridiculous. I think MM is just done with this whole thing. 

16 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

This and the original post of @AnswersWanted is one of the reasons I love the internet. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

All these familial entanglements gives me a migraine.

If the show did not make every new character for the past 20 years blood relatives of current characters. We would not have this problem.  

Kate Roberts is the last character introduced on the show who was not a long lost relative of a current character on the show.  She came to help Victor with her business acumen to save Titan, just like Marlena came on the show to help Mickey Horton on a case.. Also, Kate and Marlena did not eat the show as new characters, they were slowly weave into the fabric of the show and became fan favorites.  Both ladies are now great-grandmothers..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, sas616 said:

Who is playing this Sara Horton?   She looks very familiar and I got the feeling that I didn't like her in whatever role she played before.

Linsey Godfrey played Caroline 2 on The Bold & the Beautiful. She also had a daughter with / was engaged to the actor who plays Noah on Young and Restless. She was in the mainstream news media for a bit after she was hit and pinned by a car while walking on the sidewalk in downtown LA a couple years ago. It crushed both her legs. As a teenager she battled cancer. Now she dates Breckin Meyer the actor from Clueless who's best friends with Ryan Philippe (Reese Witherspoons ex hubby). 

I agree the family entanglements and people related by marriage on this show could fill a textbook. I stopped trying to make sense of it back when Belle was likable and Nicole was splitting from Victor aka over 20 years ago. 

• Love 7

Wow, that's quite a real-life back story for Linsey Godrey. Interested to see what she has to offer.  I like KL as Rex but it's like I'm watching Brady. It will be weird when they're both on screen at the same time. He's the one that Nicole was married to in real life, right? 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Lastwaltz said:

Wow, that's quite a real-life back story for Linsey Godrey. Interested to see what she has to offer.  I like KL as Rex but it's like I'm watching Brady. It will be weird when they're both on screen at the same time. He's the one that Nicole was married to in real life, right? 

Yes, Kyle Lowder was once married to Arianne Zuker and they share a daughter.

• Love 9

Here's another interesting soapy connection. KL played Rick on B&B and LG played Caroline and was married to Rick- while played by Jacob Young.

This should be interesting to watch.

3 hours ago, Lastwaltz said:

I like KL as Rex but it's like I'm watching Brady. It will be weird when they're both on screen at the same time.

And yeah, it is like watching Brady when I see KL/Rex. Very similar mannerisms & speech to EM. (Guess casting did a good job. lol)

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

If the show did not make every new character for the past 20 years blood relatives of current characters. We would not have this problem.  

Kate Roberts is the last character introduced on the show who was not a long lost relative of a current character on the show.  She came to help Victor with her business acumen to save Titan, just like Marlena came on the show to help Mickey Horton on a case.. Also, Kate and Marlena did not eat the show as new characters, they were slowly weave into the fabric of the show and became fan favorites.  Both ladies are now great-grandmothers..

Except that Kate then turned out to be the ex of Bill Horton.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I don't hate FF as much as many and I think she's been pretty decent. KL has been doing well, too. He has a real warmth and energy. I don't know who this Sarah person is,

Long story short, Sarah left Salem at age 18 and stayed in suspended aging since 1991, apparently. (De-SORASed just like her cousin, Mike Horton was!) Her parents are Maggie and Mickey, although it was discovered her bio dad was Dr. Neil Curtis and Sarah reeled. She left to live with sister Melissa.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

Yes, Kyle Lowder was once married to Arianne Zuker and they share a daughter.

Kyle is a producer and star of Ken Corday's Amazon series, "Ladies of the Lake", which Arianne stars in.  It seems to me that that must mean that they have a civil relationship.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Kyle is a producer and star of Ken Corday's Amazon series, "Ladies of the Lake", which Arianne stars in.  It seems to me that that must mean that they have a civil relationship.

Well, that's great for their daughter's sake.

• Love 9
24 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Long story short, Sarah left Salem at age 18 and stayed in suspended aging since 1991, apparently. (De-SORASed just like her cousin, Mike Horton was!) Her parents are Maggie and Mickey, although it was discovered her bio dad was Dr. Neil Curtis and Sarah reeled. She left to live with sister Melissa.

To add more confusion, Mickey was Mike's father for the first 10-12 years of his life, and despite finding out the truth, Mike still considered Mickey to be his dad as well. So Sarah is his sister-cousin.

• Love 4

Still catching up, but let me echo what others have said - GV, AS, and even EM really nailed their post-explosion scenes. And GV continues to be improbably hot. He's seriously getting hotter as he ages.

CB is selling the hell out of Gabi's Revenge. I still hate that Abby will inevitably come out smelling like roses as the poor innocent victim, but whatever. Such is life in Salem.

Can Kate and Jennifer please stop shopping at Clowns R Us? Please?

Wow, Julie, you must need binoculars to look down on Sheila from your high horse. Don't get altitude sickness way up there! Though on second thought...

On 10/24/2018 at 6:23 PM, Rowan said:

Kate is so morally bankrupt. I do actually believe she loves Chad, but it’s worse to her to lose his love over the Stephan crap than to go along with a plan that destroys his happiness. Kate, mother figure of the year. 

Ha! When you put it like that, all the horrible things she's done sound even worse.

On 10/24/2018 at 7:11 PM, Apprentice79 said:

Billy Flynn tends to phone it in when he hates a story.  He tanked the story of Ciara developing an unhealthy crush on Chad like Sami did with Austin. He bragged about doing that in an interview. Personally, I hate it when actors do that. You are being paid to act. Plus, I think it is disrespectful to show disdain for the writers art.  Billy has gotten very full of himself.  Allison Sweeney, hated Sami becoming a cheater and Will being killed off of the show, but, she committed to the scripts 1000%.  Billy needs to do that in my opinion.  

This. Kassie dePaiva is another actor who commits 1000% no matter her own opinion of the story. OLTL shit on her character of Blair for years, and TPTB fired her RL husband yet she stuck with the show and never gave less than her all in every scene. Heck, after OLTL ended she said in an interview about one particular storyline that had struck her as so horribly OOC and miswritten that she had a tough time figuring out how to play it so the story would make sense - and I never saw one even bit of that in her performance. Billy should take note from pros like Ali and Kassie.

On 10/25/2018 at 11:53 AM, TeeVee329 said:

Farah Fath cooing about a secret she's keeping from a character named Rex gave me shivers.

NNNOOOOOOOOOOOO! NOT AGAIN!! *runs and hides*

On 10/26/2018 at 10:41 AM, Apprentice79 said:

Abigail is the dumbest character in all of daytime past and present.

That's a pretty big claim - so many contenders, but she's certainly in the running! ;)

Edited by Maelstrom
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

To add more confusion, Mickey was Mike's father for the first 10-12 years of his life, and despite finding out the truth, Mike still considered Mickey to be his dad as well. So Sarah is his sister-cousin.

Sarah is older than Sami and Eric.  Sarah was a grown ass woman at Hope's funeral, now she looks like her daughter, lol Sarah should be in her mid 40's.  Mike should be in his late 50's.  I always wanted Kate to have an affair with Mike Horton. Mike could never stand his biological dad Bill. Plus, you have Kate's past with Bill.  The show never developed Lucas's relationship with Bill. It is why I never like Lucas being a Horton. The show never did anything meaningful with that relationship.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Sarah should be in her mid 40's.

Not quite. She was born in 1981. I think her previous SORAS messed that up, a bit. But now she is at least a good 5 to 7 years younger than her original birth year! (I think I read LG was born in 1988, so that's about right.) Ah, soaps.

• Love 5

First, Gabi is dead to me.  I used to be a big fan but now I think Gabi should burn in Hell for gaslighting Abigail.  They are NOT played Gabi as PTSD.  They are going straight revenge.  

I have zero problem with Abigail being held responsible for the murder of Andre and for lying in the witness stand.  I’d rather she had jail time than be manipulated like this.  

Kate should burn right next to Gabi for betraying Chad like that.  And I like Kate.

It sure seems like a major shakeup of characters at DOOL   I gotta say, not a fan of Mimi but Rex seems cool.  

• Love 7
9 hours ago, SueB said:

First, Gabi is dead to me.  I used to be a big fan but now I think Gabi should burn in Hell for gaslighting Abigail.  They are NOT played Gabi as PTSD.  They are going straight revenge.  

I have zero problem with Abigail being held responsible for the murder of Andre and for lying in the witness stand.  I’d rather she had jail time than be manipulated like this.  

Kate should burn right next to Gabi for betraying Chad like that.  And I like Kate.

It sure seems like a major shakeup of characters at DOOL   I gotta say, not a fan of Mimi but Rex seems cool.  

Word to your whole post, @SueB -- I had actually forgotten that the baby she's carrying is ACTUALLY Chad's. That was bad enough. 

• Love 4

I still can't believe she hasn't showed any interest in going after stefan. She has one of the most scheming, conniving women in town working with her to destroy him if she wanted to. And all her focus is on is to break up Chad and Abigail? 

• Love 9
17 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Linsey Godfrey played Caroline 2 on The Bold & the Beautiful. She also had a daughter with / was engaged to the actor who plays Noah on Young and Restless. She was in the mainstream news media for a bit after she was hit and pinned by a car while walking on the sidewalk in downtown LA a couple years ago. It crushed both her legs. As a teenager she battled cancer. Now she dates Breckin Meyer the actor from Clueless who's best friends with Ryan Philippe (Reese Witherspoons ex hubby). 

I agree the family entanglements and people related by marriage on this show could fill a textbook. I stopped trying to make sense of it back when Belle was likable and Nicole was splitting from Victor aka over 20 years ago. 

Yes, that's where I know her from.   Thanks!!!   Can't say I liked her much as Caroline2.   But since that's the only thing I've seen her do, it will be interesting to see how she plays this character.

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, Sidney said:

I still can't believe she hasn't showed any interest in going after stefan. She has one of the most scheming, conniving women in town working with her to destroy him if she wanted to. And all her focus is on is to break up Chad and Abigail? 

See, that's it right there. The longer this goes on, it feels less about revenge and more about Chad. 

• Love 2

Gabi will.end .paying and I should feel sympathy for abby but I feel nothing maybe if she wasn't so self righteous and acts like she did nothing wrong plus I'm sick of her doing shitty things and her being patted on the head because she's the sainted princess horton.

• Love 10

If Chad and Jennifer believe Abby's DID is back, why aren't they contacting her Laura, the Dr. who miraculously cured Abby over the weekend a few months back.   If Abby wasn't committed when she was actually responsible for killing someone, why the rush to commit her now when all they think she's done is wear a black wig and sleep on the couch?  I would think Jennifer would be contacting her mother to fill her in on what's going on.   I actually love the twist of Abby and Stephan getting married so that they cannot commit her and hope they have a good explanation on how Abby could divorce Chad so quickly.  Cannot wait to see Gabbi's head explode when she learns part of her plan has been thwarted.  I understand how so many hate Abby's princess status on the show, but what Gabbi is doing is despicable.  

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, sas616 said:

If Chad and Jennifer believe Abby's DID is back, why aren't they contacting her Laura, the Dr. who miraculously cured Abby over the weekend a few months back.   If Abby wasn't committed when she was actually responsible for killing someone, why the rush to commit her now when all they think she's done is wear a black wig and sleep on the couch?  I would think Jennifer would be contacting her mother to fill her in on what's going on.   I actually love the twist of Abby and Stephan getting married so that they cannot commit her and hope they have a good explanation on how Abby could divorce Chad so quickly.  Cannot wait to see Gabbi's head explode when she learns part of her plan has been thwarted.  I understand how so many hate Abby's princess status on the show, but what Gabbi is doing is despicable.  

Laura is off somewhere travelling and cannot be reached. 

• Love 3

I think the reason I don't care too much what Brady "did" to Eric and Nicole is because they are just as responsible for everything. Yes, Brady was a douche by blackmailing one of his "best friends", but Nicole is (was) a lying douche who cheated on her then boyfriend with his sort of step brother. Ditto, Eric. It doesn't help that I've never bought into the great true wuv Nicole and Eric are supposed to have. Haven't they had multiple opportunities to be with one another in the past, and chosen not to be/to be with other people ? So,  yeah. It also doesn't help that I think EM and AZ have more genuine, natural chemistry.

I mean, Eric and Nicole don't have any moral high ground, here. EVERYTHING is not Brady's fault. Eric and Nicole planted the seeds of deception by not just coming clean in the very beginning. Had they just been honest, yes Brady would have still been angry, but the fallout would have been very different. Besides, Nicole didn't have to give in to the blackmail. She could have called Brady's bluff,  or just turned herself in. So the fact that Nicole is now dead, is equally the fault of the three of them. 

But because Eric is a self righteous twat, we'll never hear that from him. For a former priest, he has zero priestly qualities. My eyes about rolled  out of my head when he was praying for Nicole. Dude. You can't act the way you act and treat people the way you treat them, and expect God to just shrug his shoulders and answer your prayers.

Eric Brady is nothing like Sonny Corinthos, except in that respect. Two of the most self righteous "do as I say, not as I do" characters on soaps. 

That said, the past few weeks with Brady, Jenn, Eric, Nicole and Sami have been good soap.  And it was great to see AZ again. But I think both Eric and Brady are about to be back burnered, so......I'll be tuning out again.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, sas616 said:

Yes, that's where I know her from.   Thanks!!!   Can't say I liked her much as Caroline2.   But since that's the only thing I've seen her do, it will be interesting to see how she plays this character.

I thought she was pretty decent in the rivalry she had with Maya, but that faking a terminal illness story to try and get Thomas back was awful.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Tasha Brand said:

She wants to go after Stefan, too.  Her goal for him is simply to get him invested in the baby, and then pull the rug out from under him by making sure he finds out that he's not the father.

If the Gabby alter doesn't emerge, I seriously doubt Stefan will be all that broken up at finding out he's  not the father. 

This whole revenge plot is just weak. She should be directing her anger towards more than just one person.

Where was all her so called friends and love ones when she was going through hell? Where is that anger? It shouldn't be directed at one person.

Edited by Sidney
  • Love 3
On 10/26/2018 at 2:43 PM, boes said:

Maybe because the actor is really bad?  And rarely blinks?  She seems more like one of those evil puppet people than a real person to me.

Years, maybe decades ago, A list actor Michael Caine came out with a book about acting and he also did a 6 part acting workshop that aired on the BCC and I believe was later sold as VHS tapes . His main advice? Don't blink.

Excerpt from Michael Caine’s: book Michael Caine – Acting in Film: An Actor’s Take on Movie Making .

I don’t blink. Blinking makes your character seem weak. Try it yourself: say the same line twice, first blinking and then not blinking. I practiced not blinking to excess when I first made this discovery, went around not blinking all the time and probably disconcerted a lot of people. But by not blinking you will appear strong on screen. Remember: on film that eye can be eight feet across.

I think Nadia might have taken that advice too seriously.

On 10/26/2018 at 1:41 PM, Apprentice79 said:

Abigail is the dumbest character in all of daytime past and present.

True fax. Divorcing Chad in a day or less I still would have thought as dumb and impossible but okay,  I can suspend disbelief for s/l purposes and it at least achieves her goal of not being committed but than marrying her rapist Stefan? Makes me ragey. I feel like they are insulting my intelligence and senses. What point could that possibly serve to escape being committed and than turn around and marry the dude who actually wants you to be insane? What is to stop Stefan, her husband, from committing her to a shifty facility with a shifty doctor who plans to trigger her DID? She is the queen of morons!! The very definition of from the pot to the frying pan. 

Stefan's face is gonna be extra punchable the next few weeks as he goes around smugly flashing that ring. Hate!!!

• Love 9
47 minutes ago, Lastwaltz said:

@islandgal140 -- I can't believe I didn't realize until I read your post that just divorcing Chad would have removed his ability to commit her -- she didn't have to marry Stefan. I'm slipping, lol. And this storyline sucks. 

But then Jennifer would be able to commit her (at least by DAYS logic). In the real world, there wouldn't have to be ANY relative to commit her if two physicians determine that she's a danger to herself or others. There would have to be a court hearing within 48 hours, but she could be kept until then.

• Love 8

Abigail's smugness about having bested the non-believing Chad and Jennifer.  I mean, on one hand, she's right that she's being framed.  But...it's not like it's been years that she's been integrated, she was running around Salem in a wig this calendar year.  And most of her psychiatric care for this serious disorder was a vacay with Grandma.  So it's pretty easy to take Chad and Jenn's side in this, particularly when she goes and does crazy things like marry her rapist and act super smug about it.

I've always liked Linsey Godfrey.  Not sure about this hair color, though.  I feel like they're trying to mouse Sarah up for some reason.

• Love 7
25 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I've always liked Linsey Godfrey.  Not sure about this hair color, though. 

I think I recall reading on twitter (it may have been an interview snippet) that the brown hair is actually her natural hair color. 

25 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Abigail's smugness about having bested the non-believing Chad and Jennifer. 

Just imagine how much worse that smugness would be if it was KM's Abby doing it. Ugh. 

• Love 10

Sarah Horton seems okay,  I wish Melissa Archer was playing her, she would have been perfect as Sarah Horton but, I digress. I don't like how Mickey's role as her father was minimized to bolster Neil Curtis' biological ties to her. Sarah never liked him, rejected him, got him drunk, took pictures of herself and him naked in bed to keep Mickey and Maggie together. She almost lost her mind when she found out that Neil was her biological father. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

It's "married to", Chad, not "married with".

The little "Brady" interaction between Rex and Brady was cute.

Brady is drinking, huh?

Are they going to have to perform plastic surgery on the pseudo EJ?

Aren't Brady and Sami and EJ still in the clothes they were wearing at the explosion and fire in Nashville?  They managed to get back to Salem still smelling of smoke, I would imagine.  And why is pseudo EJ in a hospital in Salem instead of in Nashville?

Ooh, hot English nurse is back!

Holly, Thomas, Ariana.  The Kiriakis Mansion has turned into a day care center.  I'm sure Victor is delighted.

"It's good to know I have a brother I can count on."  Ouch!

As much as I think Brady is an ass, I liked the scenes between him and Eve.

• Love 7