Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

To be fair, we don't know what's in Marlena's advance directive. It could be a simple "DNR," but it could also be more specific than that. Since we haven't read it, or had anyone tell us explicitly what it says, maybe it does specify "no intubation." I still think that the docs should have been more detailed about her prognosis (which seems too dire for the actual situation) so that Belle could make a better informed decision, but I don't really have a problem with the way it's being portrayed.

• Love 3

Hope, you can either be a bad/possibly corrupt cop or you can wear that ugly red jacket/yellow shirt combo, I don't think legally you can do both.

I'm sad Ben didn't thank Sami for putting him on the path to sanity by forcing him to restrangle Will.  That said, something about the smarmy way he said, "What are you in for this time, sweetheart?" to Sami was pretty hot.

There was something really affecting about the way John took Claire's face in his hands when he was talking to her about saying goodbye to Marlena.  They never really play these two together, do they.

• Love 9
21 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Hope, you can either be a bad/possibly corrupt cop or you can wear that ugly red jacket/yellow shirt combo, I don't think legally you can do both.

Hee!!!

I'm sad Ben didn't thank Sami for putting him on the path to sanity by forcing him to restrangle Will.  That said, something about the smarmy way he said, "What are you in for this time, sweetheart?" to Sami was pretty hot.

If they let Sami be the real Sami, my money's on Sami taking Ben out.

• Love 4

I loved everything about today's show. Sherry definitely wrote today's show, history and relationships were highlighted beautifully with Marlena as the center of the Black family.

My absolute favorite was Brady finally saying that Marlena was his mother. I teared up remembering Isabella asking Marlena to look out for him after she was gone. A mom will always make sure her babies will be taken cared of, even if she cannot do that. 

The Carrie/John phone call was awesome as well.  John calling her pumpkin harkened back to his days as Roman and he adored Carrie who was always his rock..

I loved Belle saying that  she always thought of herself as special because she was Jarlena's only child together and I agreed with that sentiment.  I just wish that the show would make Belle their lead heroine and invest in good stories. Martha has been outstanding, in my opinion.

Sami/Marlena was also good. That song that she sang was the song that Marlena sang to Sami when she was going to die on death row.  

Eric/Marlena is a relationship that has not gotten a lot of attention over the years.  Eric is empathetic like Marlena. I know that a lot of fans hated that Eric was a priest, but, it worked for me. In a way, he was following his mother's footsteps, in putting others above himself.   Greg is just a beautiful man and his crying today just made him even sexier to me. 

Will/Marlena is always good, Chandler is so good and his best chemistry on the show is with Deidre.  I would love to see Marlena have relationships with her other grandchildren. Noah,  Tate, Sydney, Allie and Johnny need to interact with her as well.  

John is definitely up to something. He is too calm and resigned to what is to come. I have my suspicions, but, I don't want to put spoilers on here.

I know that it was not possible for Carrie to be around because the actress was traveling the world with her family, but I have always loved the Carrie/Marlena relationship. She was the one who always understood Marlena, never judged her and Marlena has always loved Carrie.  

Hope is just awful. What a shame! she had no fucks to give about Marlena and Sami's pain. Her hatred of Sami is nonsensical, borne out of pure jealousy. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 17
On 8/28/2018 at 2:03 PM, Apprentice79 said:

They look the same age, so, Belle cannot say that, was Sami 2 when she tried to sell Belle? lol

That's what I noticed yesterday - that they looked the same age.  It was a bit jarring because we know Belle is supposed to be a lot younger. At what point I was trying to assess if Sami might look younger depending on make-up and styling.

On another note, John seems way less cheesy as an older guy in his senior years and with get hair. Go figure. He was always handsome, but also extremely cheesy. Now he just seems like a handsome older guy acting appropriately dignified for his age.

Is EJ being recast? I think part of the difficulty in recasting EJ is that James Scott has a distinctive physical presence in terms of his height. It's not simply that he's good-looking, but his physical presence is notable. I think even his mannerisms are a bit unique to him in terms of how he speaks. It's not so much the British accent itself, but the way he'd use it. You can either hate or love his acting --  regardless of either, his physical presence commands your attention.  Like, it's hard not to notice him physically, even if you think he's unattractive (i.e he's not your type) or a bad actor.  It would be weird to see another actor in this role -- especially if he's under 6 feet. 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 11

Today is the first episode I've watched since Kristen and Paul fell out the window. So 2 weeks, maybe?  I have been skimming the posts, however, so I know a little of what's happening, but I wasn't prepared for such a moving show today.  I was sobbing along with all the characters.  Loved the family interactions. It's what's been missing ever since I started watching again.  And all the actors did a marvelous job.  Today just highlighted, again, why Belle needs to be in Salem with her daughter, parents and siblings.

Oh... forgot about Hope.  They are really determined to make her as unlikable (and out of character) as possible, aren't they. Wonder if they're trying to get her to rock bottom, then finally rehabilitate the character?

• Love 9
1 hour ago, buffynut said:

Oh... forgot about Hope.  They are really determined to make her as unlikable (and out of character) as possible, aren't they. Wonder if they're trying to get her to rock bottom, then finally rehabilitate the character?

I have a hunch they're going in this God awful direction with Hope to make more and more people root for Ben and Ciara. I could be wrong but its such a typical thing for these unrequited love stories with young couples on soaps. I mean, as far as I'm concerned Hope become unlikable as soon as they paired her with Rafe but this is at a whole other level.

I'm dating myself here to the 80's but does anyone remember waaay early on in the beginning of Bo and Hope how Doug despised Bo? He caught them in bed together the night of her 18th bday and literally had a heart attack. It would be glorious if hystery repeated itself again. I so want Hope to find Ciara and Ben together and for her head to explode!

Edited by howmanywords
Mispelling
  • Love 13
3 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

I have a hunch they're going in this God awful direction with Hope to make more and more people root for Ben and Ciara. I could be wrong but its such a typical thing for these unrequited love stories with young couples on soaps. I mean, as far as I'm concerned Hope become unlikable as soon as they paired her with Race but this is at a whole other level.

I'm dating myself here to the 80's but does anyone remember waaay early on in the beginning of Bo and Hope how Doug despised Bo? He caught them in bed together the night of her 18th bday and literally had a heart attack. It would be glorious if hystery repeated itself again. I so want Hope to find Ciara and Ben together and for her head to explode!

The only way that this story could be saved is if it turns out that Hope was right all along... 

• Love 6

Why does NBC ALWAYS wait till Days is about to come on in the West to do special reports?  Is there a rule they can't do these reports earlier in the day?

I wonder if Tripp planted the evidence.

Ben is reading Hope just fine.

The (very good) scenes of all of Marlena's family gathering around her to say their goodbyes would have more impact if I actually felt she was going to die.

I wonder if Rob Wilson was given direction to sit there and whistle or if it was an acting choice.

Of course Claire won't stay there to be with her grandmother.

• Love 9
On 9/11/2018 at 1:24 PM, Chick2Chic said:

This is me. I don't really care about this triangle at all cause I don't really care about any of the pairings - tho some work better than others between the 3 characters - but the writing for it sucks hardcore. It's rushed too. That doesn't make me a bitter stan because I think think Will and Sonny look self-centered nor that I think Paul is getting the bum end of things.

Not everyone who dislikes a story or pairing is a bitter stan. Sometimes that is true and sometimes it's an over-generalization of how something is being received as a way to dismiss it IMO. 

Also, why is Belle so heinous since her return for the wedding? 

It has gone to her head that she is the only child of John and Marlena.

On 9/12/2018 at 12:40 PM, Jewlmc said:

John needs to be medicated.

John was be ok if his princess was not trying to kill her Mother.  At least there was not anyone around who was trying to murder Theo when he was in his coma.

Edited by bobcat1946
  • Love 2
37 minutes ago, bobcat1946 said:

John was be ok if his princess was not trying to kill her Mother.  At least there was not anyone around who was trying to murder Theo when he was in his coma.

I def thought belle thought full of herself today about being John and marlenas bio kid lol.

Hope is just becoming unlikable I mean she seemed more pissy about Sami than she was over the fact her good friend marlena.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

My absolute favorite was Brady finally saying that Marlena was his mother.

Logically, I know this to be true, but I hated it. Isabella didn't leave him voluntarily. She died. I could get with "The only mother I ever knew." But as it is put, it just seems to discount Isabella entirely. And I am not a Doc fan on a good day, so there is that.

• Love 2
On 9/14/2018 at 4:58 PM, Silver Raven said:

Of course Claire won't stay there to be with her grandmother.

Belle told Claire to leave just like John told Brady and Will to go to Paul's bedside--because no one knows how long Marlena would be lingering, so it's just Claire who gets called out for leaving but not Brady and Will?

It felt like everyone who was saying good bye to Mar were working on their Emmy reel submissions--excellent work by all of the actors but we all know Marlena's going to wake up.

Ben and Ciara continue to be ridiculous, especially Ben's somehow having the knowledge to repair a bike without having any money to pay for parts and if he's suddenly this expert mechanic, why can't he get a job at a garage?  And would you really repair a bike that got someone horribly injured?  I hope Tripp wasn't the person who planted the evidence, that would be insanely convenient for Hope and her vendetta.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

That said, something about the smarmy way he said, "What are you in for this time, sweetheart?" to Sami was pretty hot.

YES!

4 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I loved everything about today's show.

Same.

John is definitely up to something. He is too calm and resigned to what is to come. I have my suspicions, but, I don't want to put spoilers on here.

Oh, I never thought about that? What is your spec? Just spoiler tag it!

• Love 7
21 hours ago, boes said:

Yeah......Ben Weston really shouldn't try "cutsey", ever.  As awful as Hope is behaving - she really should be having NOTHING to do with Ben in an official capacity - her hating Ben being around Ciara makes perfect sense.  

She's still unbearable, however.  Though wardrobe did take some revenge today, dressing her like a melting raspberry dreamcicle, in the colors of the flag of Kyrgyzstan.

She and Rafe are perfectly matched.

Drake is still doing a terrific job, as is Martha Madison, and as you say, Belle and Shawn and Claire had a sweet family moment.

what the hell WAS she wearing?! some sort of 70's mens leisure suit. well, i hate hope anyway so, who cares if she looks like a clown.

2 hours ago, bobcat1946 said:

i was the only child of you and the love of your life. something like that. belle is just nasty. i'm rooting for sammy. she can be despicable but there is something about her. kudos to alison sweeney for the way she portrays her.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Belle told Claire to leave just like John told Brady and Will to go to Paul's bedside--because no one knows how long Marlena would be lingering, so it's just Claire who gets called out for leaving but not Brady and Will?

It felt like everyone who was saying good bye to Mar were working on their Emmy reels submissions--excellent work by all of the actors but we all know Marlena's going to wake up.

Ben and Ciara continue to be ridiculous, especially Ben's somehow having the knowledge to repair a bike without having any money to pay for parts and if he's suddenly this expert mechanic, why can't he get a job at a garage?  And would you really repair a bike that almost got someone horribly injured?  I hope Tripp wan't the person who planted the evidence, that would be insanely convenient for Hope and her vendetta.

i know a little something about bikes and that b.s. about ben being able to repair (and yes, not to mention have the $$ to buy the parts) a motorcycle all the shops said she should just scrap was beyond eye rolling ridiculous. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Hope is just awful. What a shame! she had no fucks to give about Marlena and Sami's pain. Her hatred of Sami is nonsensical, borne out of pure jealousy. 

When the serial killer has to point out - you're friend is dying, and the person responsible is still on the loose and you have time to drive to a remote cabin and "find" evidence.  Especially after announcing to all and sundry - "I'm going to go find some evidence now."  Nope, nothing suspicious here.

And again, Rafe is the epitome of sympathy and sensibility.  Do NOT make me think Rafe is not horrible show.

• Love 14

I like the Ben actor but I don't understand why the show had to bring him back as the serial killer Ben Weston! Surely Ben could've had a look-a-like cousin or a long lost twin or something, anything. Heck, GH regularly recycles old actors as brand new characters. Any idea is better than trying to redeem a guy who murdered 3 women. Yeesh.

• Love 9

How convenient that Hope said she was going to find incriminating evidence against Ben today and lo and behold, guess what happened! She's psychic! It's a self-fulfilling prophecy! It's...… probably fake evidence. That if it comes to light, bye bye Commissioner job. With all the forensics folks around, that piece of evidence was not found? Did it fall from a tree in the area and clonk her? It's dirty. Granted, nothing happened when she offed Stefano. Ben should find a decent lawyer and sue the pants off the police department.  Something is rotten in Salem and especially at the Commissioner's desk. She can hate Ben personally all she wants, but this behavior is wrong and she can face some serious consequences.

Don't know if Tripp planted it.  All he has to do is wait a bit for Ciara and Ben to implode.

Did like Brady referencing Marlena as his mother. Belle was pretty cold. Lawyer or not, her mother is far from brain-dead, her organs haven't started to fail, etc.

Hope will most likely tear Rafe a new one for taking Sami to see her 'dying' mother. Rafe, if you stick around with Hope, both of you deserve each other.

I had a hard time investing much in the tears of everyone because I don't think Marlena will be killed off.

• Love 12

I know there's been some spec that some feel like some  of belle stuff was supposed to go to Carrie but honestly I feel like belle was always going to be the proxy after her going on about being the bio child of marlena and John but now I wonder if Carrie was going to be John's lawyer instead of Justin if they could have gotten CC back.

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

How convenient that Hope said she was going to find incriminating evidence against Ben today and lo and behold, guess what happened! She's psychic! It's a self-fulfilling prophecy! It's...… probably fake evidence. That if it comes to light, bye bye Commissioner job. With all the forensics folks around, that piece of evidence was not found? Did it fall from a tree in the area and clonk her? It's dirty. Granted, nothing happened when she offed Stefano. Ben should find a decent lawyer and sue the pants off the police department.  Something is rotten in Salem and especially at the Commissioner's desk. She can hate Ben personally all she wants, but this behavior is wrong and she can face some serious consequences.

Unfortunately, this is Salem.  This will probably earn her a promotion - especially if Kristen gets away because Hope was off on her personal crusade.  She'll be defended as the noblest mother EVER.

• Love 5

fast forwarded 90% of friday's episode. why are they wasting our time with this goodbye to marlena when we know damn well she ain't going anywhere! 

i will be really pissed if they make it that hope is being truthful. i do not want to see ben turn evil again. he's one of the more interesting characters and there are not that many .

• Love 5

This advanced directive storyline with Marlena could've been really interesting if they hadn't rushed it and botched so many details. I mean, we're soap viewers, we know not to expect 100% accuracy but they could at least make half a damn effort at it. And knowing that Marlena isn't really going to die (not a spoiler, just familiarity with how soaps operate) makes it hard to get too worked up about any of it. That being said, the cast has really been turning in some dynamic performances, especially Drake, Greg, and of course Ali. I actually teared up when she finished her song and laid her head on Marlena's lap sobbing "Mommy!" She is a gem.

So.... was that it for Stephen Nichols? Wow. We expected a crappy exit storyline but they really outdid themselves. Bad show, bad!

Belle, remember how last week I asked you to STFU? This week I'm telling you. Can it, for the love of all that's holy.

Greg Vaughn continues to be super hot and have inappropriately super hot chemistry with his onscreen relatives. This Marlena storyline may be a dud but at least it's giving us lots of front-burner Greg without the lead weight of Jennifer. Really, the man is super hot with practically every woman on the show except for his designated love interest. How does that even happen?

Loving the descriptions of Hope's eye-bleedingly awful outfit. It's so garish there are probably boxes of Crayola crayons telling her to tone it down a bit. Yikes. She's so awful she's making Rafe seem likable in comparison. Rafe, people!

I also loved Ben's comment about her friend dying in a hospital, a psycho on the loose, and she decides to go hiking in the middle of nowhere to "find" evidence. Go Ben. Seriously, it's so fucked up but I'm really enjoying Ben and RSW's performance this time around. I hope they don't turn around and trash him in two months. (I know, I know, but I can dream, right?) His brief interactions with Sami at the PD were gold. "What did you do this time, sweetheart?"  "Good seeing you, Sami!" Ha!

Dear Show,

When the serial killer is my favorite character, you're doing something wrong.

Sincerely,

Maelstrom

• Love 21

A giant YUP to everything you said Maelstrom.

1 hour ago, Maelstrom said:

This advanced directive storyline with Marlena could've been really interesting if they hadn't rushed it and botched so many details. I mean, we're soap viewers, we know not to expect 100% accuracy but they could at least make half a damn effort at it. And knowing that Marlena isn't really going to die (not a spoiler, just familiarity with how soaps operate) makes it hard to get too worked up about any of it. That being said, the cast has really been turning in some dynamic performances, especially Drake, Greg, and of course Ali. I actually teared up when she finished her song and laid her head on Marlena's lap sobbing "Mommy!" She is a gem.

So.... was that it for Stephen Nichols? Wow. We expected a crappy exit storyline but they really outdid themselves. Bad show, bad!

Belle, remember how last week I asked you to STFU? This week I'm telling you. Can it, for the love of all that's holy.

Greg Vaughn continues to be super hot and have inappropriately super hot chemistry with his onscreen relatives. This Marlena storyline may be a dud but at least it's giving us lots of front-burner Greg without the lead weight of Jennifer. Really, the man is super hot with practically every woman on the show except for his designated love interest. How does that even happen?

Loving the descriptions of Hope's eye-bleedingly awful outfit. It's so garish there are probably boxes of Crayola crayons telling her to tone it down a bit. Yikes. She's so awful she's making Rafe seem likable in comparison. Rafe, people!

I also loved Ben's comment about her friend dying in a hospital, a psycho on the loose, and she decides to go hiking in the middle of nowhere to "find" evidence. Go Ben. Seriously, it's so fucked up but I'm really enjoying Ben and RSW's performance this time around. I hope they don't turn around and trash him in two months. (I know, I know, but I can dream, right?) His brief interactions with Sami at the PD were gold. "What did you do this time, sweetheart?"  "Good seeing you, Sami!" Ha!

Dear Show,

Sincerely,

Maelstrom

Ya know, I can actually picture those poor Crayola crayons with little sunglasses on to protect their tiny eyes.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, msrachelj said:

fast forwarded 90% of friday's episode. why are they wasting our time with this goodbye to marlena when we know damn well she ain't going anywhere! 

i will be really pissed if they make it that hope is being truthful. i do not want to see ben turn evil again. he's one of the more interesting characters and there are not that many .

It could be that they are both telling the truth.  Ben could have started the fire without knowing he did.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

Hee!!!  This is funny.  I routinely wish Sami would shoot several characters in the head, and then for whatever reason, Kate, Gabi, and Nicole would help her cover up the crimes.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, RedRockRosie said:

When the serial killer is my favorite character, you're doing something

Bwhhaa same! Here I thought I was wrong for this. I kept hoping when Hope had Ben in the interrogation room that he would have whipped out a necktie.

• Love 5
On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 8:40 PM, Harmony233 said:

I know there's been some spec that some feel like some  of belle stuff was supposed to go to Carrie but honestly I feel like belle was always going to be the proxy after her going on about being the bio child of marlena and John but now I wonder if Carrie was going to be John's lawyer instead of Justin if they could have gotten CC back.

I agree, I definitely see Carrie siding with John on the issue.  As much as she loves Marlena, John has been her most consistent parent.  She would go with his wishes.

• Love 5

I am honestly confused on what's going with Marlena storyline. As a Nurse, I have a lot of questions about it. First being, what type of DNR does she have?

A person has to have a specific type of DNR first. There is DNR-CC (Comfort Care)which is when medical staff have done everything they could and the person/family no longer wants intensive medical treatment. We can't even do a simple CPR. The person just wants what's left of his/her life in peace. 

On the other hand, there is also a DNRCC-A (Arrest) which gives Doctors and medical staff the right to do everything until the person arrests-either cardiac or respiratory arrests. 

Lately, I have even seen people with DNRCC-A who say intubate me for a short period of time. 

Looking at Marlena's case, I saw her stop talking to Valarie and then pass out. I also saw Valarie do the most stupidest thing and listen to her heart. I about laughed my ass off. Like WTF are you doing? Call an Emergency Response Team (ERT) and get this women treated asap. A patient just became unresponsive in front of your eyes...argh. Moving on, I didn't think Marlena had an arrest. Septic shock while it is a life threatening emergency that causes some organ failure shouldn't have progressed this quick like in a day I believe. 

Anyways, this whole thing has been confusing but the reaction to it from Belle wanting to do what's right by her mother to people thinking she wants her mom dead has been things people have done to be honest. In situations like this, you will see families who come together and others who break apart. Some even go to court fighting it. Hell, there are even cases where the POA (Belle in this case) fights the signed and legal DNR order. However, a Doctor like Kayla would not handle that situation. The Hospital legal and Ethics committees gets involved any time there is a dispute over DNR.

What's I am trying to say is this has been another ham-fisted story from Ron. Man, if they just contact some people with medical background, let the story breath for a moment, then they could have had a great and ethical storyline that is actually rooted in real life. 

• Love 10
9 hours ago, katie9918 said:

Speaking as someone who only actually watches the show when Jack checks back in every few years....

Are they serious with Claire? She seriously looks like she could be Belle’s Irish twin.

I'm not trying to be a jerk here but I always thought that term "Irish twins" meant two children born to the same mom within a year of each other.  So do you mean you think that Belle  and Claire look like they could be the same age or that they look like each other?  And for me Belle and Claire resembling each other works for them being mother/daughter. 

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I'm not trying to be a jerk here but I always thought that term "Irish twins" meant two children born to the same mom within a year of each other.  So do you mean you think that Belle  and Claire look like they could be the same age or that they look like each other?  And for me Belle and Claire resembling each other works for them being mother/daughter. 

You are correct, but, I think the show aged Claire too fast.  They should have let Claire age naturally and give Shelle more children.  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

You are correct, but, I think the show aged Claire too fast.  They should have let Claire age naturally and give Shelle more children.  

I agree.  They should have let Ciara age naturally to.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Well, Belle is too old for her show age, too.

I just read a comment on Twitter that if Hope was really interested in getting Ben out of Ciara's life, all she would have to do is go tell Victor, and poof, Ben would be gone.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Well, Belle is too old for her show age, too.

I just read a comment on Twitter that if Hope was really interested in getting Ben out of Ciara's life, all she would have to do is go tell Victor, and poof, Ben would be gone.

Marlena got pregnant in her mid 50's, Bo's magical sperm created 3 babies that should not exist, lol, surely Belle could have one more Shelle baby. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

I remember the same comment being made when Nick was threatening Will and Sonny.  Then Victor came right out and told Sonny, "Next time you need someone killed, you come to me."  It was followed by several, "Hell yeahs, that's what I said," from the fans.  That SL had the added bonus of expecting the viewers to believe that Sami, Kate, Lucas and EJ wouldn't know how to handle Nick.

• Love 7
29 minutes ago, bannana said:

Ha Ha!!!  So John substituted Hattie for Marlena.  As unbelievable as that is, it is pretty funny.

I was just coming to see if anyone else was watching with the closed caption on and saw what I saw. A bit of a spoiler, but I knew it as soon as she came to and had that wild-eyed look.  The show has only been on about 20 minutes here so I haven't seen what you are referring to yet.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

I was just coming to see if anyone else was watching with the closed caption on and saw what I saw. A bit of a spoiler, but I knew it as soon as she came to and had that wild-eyed look.  The show has only been on about 20 minutes here so I haven't seen what you are referring to yet.

i knew something was up with "marlena" when she was speaking in the tone  she was, but i thought something happened to her brain while she was out. i did not see it coming that it was  hattie. so he substituted her for marlena in the hospital (how did he pull that off) which means the real marlena is still in a coma somewhere? 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, YupItsMe said:

I watched the promo for the week and remembered thinking, wow, Marlena sounds like Hattie.  But I thought that was just an acting choice because she was berating Sami and Belle. Then the closed captioning gave it away.  But up until the last scene, I thought that it was actually Hattie that was shot.  Instead, John switched out Marlena with Hattie.  HA HA!!  I guess the doctors and nurses didn't notice her missing telltale signs of a gunshot and surgery!

• Love 5
58 minutes ago, bannana said:

I watched the promo for the week and remembered thinking, wow, Marlena sounds like Hattie.  But I thought that was just an acting choice because she was berating Sami and Belle. Then the closed captioning gave it away.  But up until the last scene, I thought that it was actually Hattie that was shot.  Instead, John switched out Marlena with Hattie.  HA HA!!  I guess the doctors and nurses didn't notice her missing telltale signs of a gunshot and surgery!

Dead people pop back up on the regular, so those little details are a drop in the bucket! ?

• Love 6

I've had about enough of Claire.

I enjoyed the Hattie twist and DH/John is doing well with the material. 

Rafe is having more chemistry with Sami than Hope; but I can hardly blame him since she's constantly on edge, but to be fair Eric has as much spark with Sami too and she's his sister, ? I don't think even Days would go there. 

• Love 13
32 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

I've had about enough of Claire.

I enjoyed the Hattie twist and DH/John is doing well with the material. 

Rafe is having more chemistry with Sami than Hope; but I can hardly blame him since she's constantly on edge, but to be fair Eric has as much spark with Sami too and she's his sister, ? I don't think even Days would go there. 

Eric has some major chemistry with Brady too and that is his brother. lol

• Love 7

Hm, forensics guy Shawn is starting to question the evidence.

"And Sami".  You hypocrite, Hope.

So they're turning this whole thing into a farce (including Sami and Belle arguing) while the real Marlena is still fighting for her life hidden away somewhere.

Why is Hattie going off on Sami?

Yeah, it's looking more and more like Tripp planted the evidence.

I always have to laugh at those high rise buildings we can see through the windows in the police station.  This is small town Salem.

"I respect the law." Yeah, tell that to Stefano.

"That good looking Eric deserves a tongue lashing, of an entirely different kind."

• Love 9

Talk about making a deal with the devil.  That was hilarious!  I loved it when she called Eric over to her bedside.  

I can see Hattie being thrilled to be out of prison, and then pissed that she has to lay there in a hospital bed for the beloved Dr Marlena Evans, so I figured that's why she was giving Sami and Belle a hard time.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Does Belle still work for DiMera in Hong Kong? Or was she let go when Chad left the company? Or does she work for Stefan now? Confused about that.

Also, is Sonny still the CEO of Titan?

I don't know about Belle, think she still works in Hong Kong.

Chad is the CEO of Titan.

• Love 1