Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Why was Jenn dressed up for an episode of Dark Shadows today? That said, I was actually scared for her today with Clyde in the Horton living room. I thought he was going to kill her then & there. Clyde was super creepy. Abby didn't seem to be too broken up about Paige being murdered. Has she even spoken to JJ?

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 4

Abby didn't seem tot broken up about Paige being murdered. Has she even spoken to JJ?

Of course she doesn't care about Paige's death. It does not impact upon her snowflaked existence. I mean how can she be bothered to think about her little brother, his name isn't Abigail.

• Love 6

I'm behind but after reading here can't wait to watch Friday's episode. 

I did sort of watch today, but Abigail-heavy days do nothing for my already short attention span.  She's so fucking boring!  So boring, in fact, that I read a tedious FAQ over paying attention to most anything that came out of her mouth.

Totally agree about CM and MR.  They were great today, and I say that as a card-carrying Jennifer hater.  So does JJ know Eve bugged the house, or does he suspect that Eve or Clyde have bugged the house, or is he just paranoid?  I've missed some scenes and clearly his explanation for turning on the music is one of the them.

I still think Theresa is a disaster.  I hope Kate and Nicole will join forces and try to contain this immature drug abuser.  I wouldn't want Theresa anywhere near the operations of Basic Black.  She'd bring the company down.

I love Theresa and hope she ends up at Basic Black, but I'd also enjoy seeing her get seriously schooled by Kate and Nicole.  She needs a bit of a comeuppance for some of her past dirty deeds that weren't undone by Kristen's baby stealing; it just doesn't need to come at the hands of a Devereaux, a Jonas, or that jackass Brady.  JL plays befuddled frustration really well, so having Theresa get knocked down a bit before learning to be awesome from the masters would be delicious!

Contrast that to KM's Abby just breezing into the DiMera mansion, mentioning that she knows how horrible Stefano is, but there's nary a look of worry or distress.  And even when she was talking about Paige, I saw zero emotion on her face.  Strange.

It's because KM is a terrible actor.

• Love 4

I've never had a big problem with KM but she sure gets alooooooot of air time. I do have a problem with her dishwater color looking hair. It's like it's never even washed. Is that her by her choice or DOOL hair people? Either way, it's dreadful.

• Love 1

Her episode count is ridiculous.  As of 8/31, she was in 91 of 169 episodes (she tied with Billy Flynn).  The only actors to appear in more episodes are Shawn Christian (Dr. Tan), Arianne Zucker (Nicole), and Guy Wilson (Will), who as of the same date have each appeared in 95 episodes.

• Love 2

Why was Jenn dressed up for an episode of Dark Shadows today? That said, I was actually scared for her today with Clyde in the Horton living room. I thought he was going to kill her then & there. Clyde was super creepy. Abby didn't seem to be too broken up about Paige being murdered. Has she even spoken to JJ?

I'm so glad you mentioned Dark Shadows.  When Cody Banks aka JJ turned on the radio, it sounded like it was broadcasting live from the Blue Whale in Collinsport.  The music was just as bad.  

Another good episode for the most part.  If you ignore each and every scene Abigail hop-hop-hopped down the kangaroo trail.  Poor Joe Mascolo, all these years in the business and he has to spend time at this stage in his life sharing scenes with an actress who could only sell out a high school production if she was one of the Osmonds and the whole extended family was forced to attend.  She's had a few okay scenes last week, but man, she was back to Penny Dreadful today.  She's safe from any serial killer.  They'd drop dead from boredom.

Jenn is remarkably less annoying when she's not around Abigail or Dr. Tan.  She was pretty idiotic, arguing with JJ about Clyde, after he told her in practically one syllable words about Clyde, but then she snapped back.  And I really enjoyed MR and James Read today.   Beyond tired as I am with Clyde, we got to see two very good actors, doing a good job of sending a slow creep down our spines.  Or at least I did.  Maybe the new regime can rescue Jenn from the bog of despair they've put her in since Tanny the Dan man and Abigail sucked all the humanity out of her.

I got a hoot out of JJ threatening to lock Jenn in her room.  More of that, please.

JJ, JJ, JJ, it's September, buddy, the country is in a heat wave, and wandering the park in a zipped hoodie and sunglasses is not the way to look inconspicuous.  If anything, the guy looked like a druggie pro who offers a little extra with each purchase.  But I guess if Roman can roam Salem with a rug that looks like it came the Carpet Wherehouse, JJ can dress like that.  

Now for my daily, Justin, STFU.

And my unwilling, almost daily, Rafe isn't so bad.....that actually HURTS to type..

• Love 7

The only good thing I have to say about Abifail is that it's nice she's got Chad's back.    I really think the hair & wardrobe people must hate her - her hair always looks nasty & she's always dressed in the ugliest clothes.

Jen's dress wasn't much better - I did enjoy the scenes with Jen & JJ but he's really an idiot for not telling Roman about Clyde.    And the scenes with Clyde & Jen were a tad bit creepy - I love James Read but am ready for Clyde to be gone.

I do wish Justin wasn't so gung-ho to have Chad be the murderer - actually Roman seems to be that way as well.    I do like that at least Rafe isn't automatically jumping on the bandwagon that Chad's guilty.

• Love 2

Her episode count is ridiculous.  As of 8/31, she was in 91 of 169 episodes (she tied with Billy Flynn).  The only actors to appear in more episodes are Shawn Christian (Dr. Tan), Arianne Zucker (Nicole), and Guy Wilson (Will), who as of the same date have each appeared in 95 episodes.

91 episodes of filth and boredom. All she does is have weird alien sex, cheat on her fiance, and lust after Dimiera men. 

• Love 3

Man, after today's episode, the Ben/Abby relationship went from annoying to massively weird and all kinds of twisted.  Was I the only one shouting at Ben "Tell her you know she cheated" the entire time Abby got to act like the wounded victim when she discovered the stalking app?  Yes, it was wrong of Ben to put that on her phone but for Abby to stand there in wide eyed shock when she knows she's already cheated on him made me sick.  Maybe if KM had put in an ounce of self-awareness that perhaps there's a reason Ben's so mistrusting would actually be kind of awesome.

I get that Eve's in pain over Paige's death but to blame it on JJ is ridiculous.  I'm ready for Eve to find another person in Salem to interact with besides the Hortons.

I kind of like Rafe's realizing that Chad's being framed and that he is trying to help where he can--kind of cool.

• Love 9

Rafe and Chad being dressed as twins today amused me. It looked like they were wearing the exact same black leather jacket. At least Rafe is realizing Chad is being framed, which was the opposite of how he behaved so stupid and acted with the EJ investigation for murdering Stefano.

• Love 3

James Read can sure bring the creepy! The way he was with Jen yesterday and JJ today gave me the shivers. Both actors did a great job looking terrified.

If Y&R ever decides to get rid of Victor, JR would be a perfect replacement or vehicle for TEVN ruin.

• Love 3

Yesterday's ep must have been set in BizarroSalem - Jen and Abifail were strangely tolerable, and I was rooting for Rafe (Rafe!) to come out on top in a conversation with Justin. The world just doesn't make sense anymore!

Line of the day, without a doubt, was Rafe's "What a tool" comment about Justin. LMAO!

• Love 6

I'm liking so much about the show these days, but I still have to call foul on the way everyone outside of Abigail and Rafe are so willing to believe the worst in Chad. They know Chad to be a fairly decent guy, and they have to realize that, as Dimeras go, Chad's sins pale in comparison to those of the rest of his family (and I'm including Lexie in that tally). 
I'm a total sucker for a couple (or non-couple) teaming up to prove their innocence when one of them is falsely accused of something. It's what I'd hoped for when Sami was arrested for Bernardi's murder (even though she totally did it!), and I didn't even like EJ and Sami together. Still, it's classic soap, and I've noticed an improvement in Abigail/KM, awful dresses aside, so I'm ready for it, should they go there.

• Love 2

Has Teresa talked to Eve ?   Has Abby talked to JJ?   It's very strange that Paige was murdered yet Teresa hasn't talked to her sister. Abby has not gone to talk to her brother who she knows loved Paige.  I know a lot don't love Abby but I always felt she loved her brother. 

Ben totally was wrong for putting that app on Abby's phone but he should have told her he say her cheating.   She gets to look like the innocent victim.

Ben did look a little crazy in that scene. 

• Love 3

I hate to nitpick when the show is a million times better than it was just a month ago, but the timeline was a bit wonky today. 

Stefano has a heart attack, Chad eventually realizes he better call 911, then off screen the paramedics arrive, do the initial examination of Stefano, rush to the hospital where those doctors do their thing, stabilize Stefano enough that both Chad AND Rafe can stop by to visit, but meanwhile back at Ben & Abby's they are still bickering over his tracking app.

Could definitely feel the tension when JJ saw Clyde.  The music and atmosphere felt very Terminator-ish.

Still having a hard time feeling a lot of sympathy for Eve, cause I can't forget she wanted JJ killed.  Unless it turns out that there is a logical reason why she was one of the victims, I wish they'd just sent Paige to Stanford.

And even though it was campy, still liked ending with Stefano opening his eyes.

• Love 4

Still having a hard time feeling a lot of sympathy for Eve, cause I can't forget she wanted JJ killed.  Unless it turns out that there is a logical reason why she was one of the victims, I wish they'd just sent Paige to Stanford.

True O'Brien called in to the AfterBuzz show Sunday and basically said the exact same thing.  :)

• Love 7

Patch is insufferable; would he rather she not be professional and just let the man die?  He has such a snotty holier than thou character.  Never did like him anyway when I watched years ago.

God - I hope Clyde's days are numbered very soon - Just missing the twirling mustache and fangs dripping in blood.  He's like a cartoon now - 

• Love 2

I wanted Rafe to walk into Steffi's hospital room with latex gloves on and a scalpel in his hands. Looking like he intended to cut his junk off. After all, turn about is fair play. (But I wouldn't wish looking at Stefano's junk on anyone!)

• Love 8

Patch is insufferable; would he rather she not be professional and just let the man die?

Just like Justin hoping somebody kills Chad.

Joey is just being a little asshole, isn't he?

Ben's just being a little asshole, isn't he?

Abigail can't take the app off her phone herself?

I'm glad JJ just walked away from Eve without engaging her. I guess Justin is pushing Eve away on purpose.

Yet again another HIPAA violation - Kayla talking about a patient in front of Steve.

Loved Rafe being in Stefano's room.  :)

Abigail's top looks like she's wearing the Flintstones Collection.

Why are Kayla and Steve picking out Joey's classes for him? He can't do it for himself?

I guess that last scene pretty well shows that Aiden is no murderer.  He is actually hoping to get money from Stefano, not get access to Hope's money, as well.  I wonder if Bo is in Stefano's clutches.

Edited by Rick Kitchen
  • Love 2

So I guess Tuesday is now officially Sociopath Tuesday?

Kate Mansi - she really is a bad actress.  Those scenes with Ben were farcical.  As he accuses her, she widens her eyes, pouts out her lips, looks shocked and then does all their scenes with all the dramatic flair of Lucy McGillicudy Ricardo in a skit at the Coca Cabana Club.  And Ben was only one step up from Fred Mertz.  

Her character is odious,but I'm thinking she might not be so off-putting if there was a more talented player than Mansi.

But Abigail, my, what a deceiful little liar she is.  Ben tells her he put a tracking app on her phone, the guy SPELLS IT OUT, and Abigail, trying to buy time because he's laid bare all of her lies, instead starts playing Melanie Wilkes with - "Ben, I'm having a really hard time understanding this. Are you saying you've been secretly tracking me?"  Well, yeah, shit-for-brains,that's EXACTLY WHAT HE SAID.   And then, instead of confronting the real issue in the room, her screwing Chad and then chasing him almost as hard as she mounted EJ, turns it on Ben. "Who ARE you?  You SCARE me!  I LOVE you".  And when it looks like he might just keep pressing the point home, she pulls out "This can't be good for the baby".  Girl, the only thing that isn't good for the baby is having a lying ass like you for a mother.

Okay, I grant that it IS possible she really didn't understand him, since she's really only ever heard him tell her she's AMAZING, so maybe hearing other words confused her for a bit.  

Show might want to realize that Abigail is not a good girl, not a heroine, not a character who should be stalking Salem, laying punches on people she considers her moral inferiors.  Because you'd have to go pretty low to be worse than her.  She lies without a care, she judges without thinking, and she does it always for her own benefit.  She could give a shit about Ben, other than as a safe harbor.  But she's petted and praised and told she farts rainbows and the little psycho laps it up.

Ben could be the serial killer and I'm still going to have a problem seeing him as much worse than her.  If he is, at least he's concentrated his evil into one storyline, where she spreads it out across the whole town.

Time for Joey to have a good spanking.  Talking trash to Hope and Aiden was pretty low.  The current crop of Brady grandchildren aren't exactly winning any gold stars these days.  

Eve.....her quiet moment with Justin at the police station was done very well, very realistic portrayal of somebody who is just dead inside, utterly emotionally exhausted.  And then her breakdown at home was painful to watch.  Yeah, she did a lot of stupid and bad things, but doing those things doesn't negate her feelings of loss.

Rafe was the smartest guy in town again today.  I like.  And I'm surprised.  GG isn't doing a bad job at all with this.

I give credit to Joe Masculo for doing the work, because I don' think the man is well.  He's tired, but he puts his best out there, even if that is diminished from his glory days.  I really appreciate our older performers who keep doing this when they could have long ago said to hell with it.

Kayla and Steve, today, seemed like a prelude to a storyline.  I'm looking forward to more, even and especially if Patch gets a hard lesson in humility.  He should kiss the ground that woman walks on.

• Love 18

Rob Wilson was painfully awful with Kate Mansi today. He looked like he was in pain & passing gas. He was good on TPIR where he modeled with a good personality but didn't need to act. He doesn't have very much range. I hate for anyone to be fired but I hope he's the Salem Stranglers next victim.

• Love 2

Patch is insufferable; would he rather she not be professional and just let the man die?  

Well, in Steve's defense, the retconned story now has Stefano being responsible for his "death" which resulted in his missing Stephanie's childhood. He was also programmed to kill a few of the people he had a close relationship with like John and I think Bo. Steve was then to be killed himself (if I remember correctly), so I could see him not caring about the Phoenix living or dying. Also, I think he is just trying his best to butter Kayla up because he knows full well that Kayla would never let her personal feelings about an injured patient keep her from treating the person.

1. Joey is just being a little asshole, isn't he?

2. Yet again another HIPAA violation - Kayla talking about a patient in front of Steve.

3. Why are Kayla and Steve picking out Joey's classes for him? He can't do it for himself?

1. Despite being a Kayla lover, I was willing to let Joey's treatment of his mother slide short term because he is a teen feeling like he is not valued as a person. However, his rudeness to Aiden and his nasty and disrespectful attitude towards Hope made me want to reach into the screen and slap him. His punk attitude is getting real old, real quick. So Hope can no longer interact with the Brady's because she dumped Bo. I guess she better sign over custody of Ciara and let Shawn Douglas know she is no longer his mother. What an ass! [sidebar -- isn't Ciara older than Joey? guess that's why they conveniently didn't have them interact.]

2. If you are looking for some semblance of reality in terms of patient confidentiality, you're going to need to look elsewhere. Days is famous for people eavesdropping on patient related conversations, having random people wandering in off the street to kill people, switch paternity results, etc. If things like that never happened on a Days, half the storyline so would never get off the ground. Also, Kayla did refuse to speak with Steve about Stefano. She isn't to blame for his eavesdropping. The convo. in her office wasn't about Stefano's medical status.

3. I too found that scene strange. I didn't know public schools allowed kids to pick their classes. Aren't most high schoolers assigned the classes they will take based on requirements and needs. If such picking is possible, after witnessing Joey's behavior since being aged, I wouldn't trust that nitwit to walk and chew gum at the same time.

• Love 6

Rob Wilson was painfully awful with Kate Mansi today. He looked like he was in pain & passing gas. He was good on TPIR where he modeled with a good personality but didn't need to act. He doesn't have very much range. I hate for anyone to be fired but I hope he's the Salem Stranglers next victim.

I've mentioned this before, but Rob Wilson was, while definitely green, decent-to-good and very likeable as Petey on the Prospect Park AMC, and he got stuck with a love interest who sucked there too!  

It's just not translating to Days, for whatever reason.

• Love 7

TeeVee329, I had heard/read that Wilson got good reviews on the AMC reboot. Then I was really surprised to see how bad he is on DOOL. He shows no charisma or personality or humor. Granted, Clyde is his crazy father but Wilson isn't projecting anything. I thought he was bad because he had no chemestry with Chrishell Stause but he's even worse with Mansi, too.

• Love 3

So I guess Tuesday is now officially Sociopath Tuesday?

Kate Mansi - she really is a bad actress.  Those scenes with Ben were farcical.  As he accuses her, she widens her eyes, pouts out her lips, looks shocked and then does all their scenes with all the dramatic flair of Lucy McGillicudy Ricardo in a skit at the Coca Cabana Club.  And Ben was only one step up from Fred Mertz.  

Her character is odious,but I'm thinking she might not be so off-putting if there was a more talented player than Mansi.

But Abigail, my, what a deceiful little liar she is.  Ben tells her he put a tracking app on her phone, the guy SPELLS IT OUT, and Abigail, trying to buy time because he's laid bare all of her lies, instead starts playing Melanie Wilkes with - "Ben, I'm having a really hard time understanding this. Are you saying you've been secretly tracking me?"  Well, yeah, shit-for-brains,that's EXACTLY WHAT HE SAID.   And then, instead of confronting the real issue in the room, her screwing Chad and then chasing him almost as hard as she mounted EJ, turns it on Ben. "Who ARE you?  You SCARE me!  I LOVE you".  And when it looks like he might just keep pressing the point home, she pulls out "This can't be good for the baby".  Girl, the only thing that isn't good for the baby is having a lying ass like you for a mother.

Okay, I grant that it IS possible she really didn't understand him, since she's really only ever heard him tell her she's AMAZING, so maybe hearing other words confused her for a bit.  

Show might want to realize that Abigail is not a good girl, not a heroine, not a character who should be stalking Salem, laying punches on people she considers her moral inferiors.  Because you'd have to go pretty low to be worse than her.  She lies without a care, she judges without thinking, and she does it always for her own benefit.  She could give a shit about Ben, other than as a safe harbor.  But she's petted and praised and told she farts rainbows and the little psycho laps it up.

Ben could be the serial killer and I'm still going to have a problem seeing him as much worse than her.  If he is, at least he's concentrated his evil into one storyline, where she spreads it out across the whole town.

Time for Joey to have a good spanking.  Talking trash to Hope and Aiden was pretty low.  The current crop of Brady grandchildren aren't exactly winning any gold stars these days.  

Eve.....her quiet moment with Justin at the police station was done very well, very realistic portrayal of somebody who is just dead inside, utterly emotionally exhausted.  And then her breakdown at home was painful to watch.  Yeah, she did a lot of stupid and bad things, but doing those things doesn't negate her feelings of loss.

Rafe was the smartest guy in town again today.  I like.  And I'm surprised.  GG isn't doing a bad job at all with this.

I give credit to Joe Masculo for doing the work, because I don' think the man is well.  He's tired, but he puts his best out there, even if that is diminished from his glory days.  I really appreciate our older performers who keep doing this when they could have long ago said to hell with it.

Kayla and Steve, today, seemed like a prelude to a storyline.  I'm looking forward to more, even and especially if Patch gets a hard lesson in humility.  He should kiss the ground that woman walks on.

I love this entire post.

While I'm glad Steve us on a Bo-quest, I so hate knowing that Hope and Kayla will be forced to eat crow when it comes to Steve (Hope twice over when the Aiden reveal comes). He does not deserve Kayla to have to apologize to him. Perhaps he should ask himself if Kayla would have been in a mindset to believe the Steve's "brother from another mother" had abandoned his family if Steve had not done the exact same thing.

• Love 4

I've mentioned this before, but Rob Wilson was, while definitely green, decent-to-good and very likeable as Petey on the Prospect Park AMC, and he got stuck with a love interest who sucked there too!  

It's just not translating to Days, for whatever reason.

I agree.  I thought he was fine on the PP version of AMC.  I suspect that having a lot of scenes with Jill Larson helped - I heard she mentored him on set.  

While his love interest on that show had all the liveliness of a cabbage patch doll, she was innocuous.  Kate Mansi is even worse, because she thinks she's actually good.  She's been successful, so far, at draining the life out of most scenes, no matter the other player, with the exception of last week when she was less...awful.

Edited by boes
  • Love 5

But Abigail, my, what a deceiful little liar she is.  Ben tells her he put a tracking app on her phone, the guy SPELLS IT OUT, and Abigail, trying to buy time because he's laid bare all of her lies, instead starts playing Melanie Wilkes with - "Ben, I'm having a really hard time understanding this. Are you saying you've been secretly tracking me?"  Well, yeah, shit-for-brains,that's EXACTLY WHAT HE SAID.   And then, instead of confronting the real issue in the room, her screwing Chad and then chasing him almost as hard as she mounted EJ, turns it on Ben. "Who ARE you?  You SCARE me!  I LOVE you".  And when it looks like he might just keep pressing the point home, she pulls out "This can't be good for the baby".  Girl, the only thing that isn't good for the baby is having a lying ass like you for a mother.

I don't understand why Ben told Abifail about the tracking app. Was he hoping she would find some decency and admit to being a lying trash bag who has illicit sex in the dirt? Also, if Abifail were really concerned about her alien baby she would've pulled a Kritter and had her embryo transferred into another woman. That baby being inside her alien womb for nine months isn't healthy.

3. I too found that scene strange. I didn't know public schools allowed kids to pick their classes. Aren't most high schoolers assigned the classes they will take based on requirements and needs. If such picking is possible, after witnessing Joey's behavior since being aged, I wouldn't trust that nitwit to walk and chew gum at the same time.

At my middle and high school we were allowed to pick out electives. And during high school, depending on what your grades were, you could choose between standard, honors, and Advanced Placement (AP) math, science, English, and history/social studies classes.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 4

At my middle and high school we were allowed to pick out electives. And during high school, depending on what your grades were, you could choose between standard, honors, and Advanced Placement (AP) math, science, English, and history/social studies classes.

Good to know, but given what we saw today, and what we have been told about his grades, this doesn't seem to apply. While art might be considered an elective, science is not, and with Joey being on academic probation prior to getting bounced from his previous school, I don't see him as being in a position to pick and choose. Ultimately, it doesn't matter because the scene was just meant to give us a non angst filled moment between Steve and Kayla. However, with what we have been given with Joey, this will most likely morph into another reason for him to be obnoxious. The show really needs to give viewers something else from Joey before he turns viewers off completely. Perhaps a scene with Caroline where he acts like a human being instead of like a jackass.

• Love 1

I like that they're giving Joey some time on the show to get used to things before pushing him too much.  I took it as seeing his aunt and uncle divorcing reminding him of the estrangement between his parents.  Not sure why Hope didn't mention his cousins would always be his cousins.  I also took it as he, like Steve, sense something is wrong with Aiden.  Yes, it's weird Joey will be dealing with a teen Ciara soon.  Very strange.

The way Failure could twist that around into Ben being wrong, what a sociopath.  She knows how to hurt someone to the extent he had to talk to her hoo ha.  Disgusting how she shut down his frustration over being on his final nerve to confront her about all the times she ran off to Chad.  A Kristen could overplay that situation but Failure has No Self Awareness as an actress to convey what she's doing.  Depth there might have been interesting. I didn't mind Ben taking the app off, she didn't know which one it was, it probably looked like a stupid game she forgot about.  At least there wasn't a microphone.  Or maybe there should have been.

As far as Eve not telling Theresa yet, I haven't seen the closeness some of you have but we'll probably see Theresa tomorrow.  It was established she died about 11pm and it's morning Salem Time.  Eve is doing a great job with the red eyes. 

JJ in the hoodie?  I recognized his nose right away.

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 5

I loved the ending with Stefano opening his eyes.  So is he faking or just incredibly alert?

Chad and Rafe make awesome frenemies.  I'm liking that aspect of the story very much, and am actually enjoying all the police station scenes.  Roman should just retire, though, and let Hope take over as chief.  He can't read people at all!  Most any other moron would have picked up on the extreme awkwardness between JJ and Clyde, but Roman just blows it off.  Dummy.

KdP was heartbreaking today.  I'm sad she's leaving and doubt any of the remaining soaps will give her (or any of the other exiting people) a job.  I'm really going to miss seeing her all the time.

Kate Mansi and RSW were horrible today.  Both of them should have been in tears but neither one could manage to squeeze out a single drop.  KM should just give up the pretense and stop wiping her eyes and nose when there's absolutely nothing there.  It looks silly.  Can their characters just be killed off?  Please?

Same here.  Junior High was where I first developed a love of ancient Greece, all thanks to a mythology teacher who wasn't very good but still memorable after all these years.

While art might be considered an elective, science is not, and with Joey being on academic probation prior to getting bounced from his previous school, I don't see him as being in a position to pick and choose.

We got to choose which science classes to take.  There were several choices among two or three broad categories, and so long as you fulfilled whatever those category requirements were, it didn't matter.  We did not, however, get to pick which period a class would fall.  That was all computerized.  So if you got P.E. first hour, you looked like shit the rest of the day and there was nothing you could do about it.

• Love 3

Roman should just retire, though, and let Hope take over as chief.  He can't read people at all!  Most any other moron would have picked up on the extreme awkwardness between JJ and Clyde, but Roman just blows it off.  Dummy.

Thank you, I forgot to mention Roman. His marble mouth has been mentioned for years but as much as I like keeping veteran actors, it's time to go.  Abe could fill that function instead. 

Anybody remember the spoof show several years back where they made fun of not understanding Roman and the scene where the camera stayed on EJ's crotch?  I'd watch that again. 

• Love 3

Abifail really is a manipulative piece of work. Once she found out about the app, she knew her goose was cooked. Instead of admitting everything like a real woman, she turns the tables and blames Ben. Then, to top it all off, she plays the baby card. My deepest sympathies for the poor unborn spawn.

So creepy Clyde, (who has been suspected of shady dealings by both Hope and Rafe) is not on anyone's radar, but Chad is. Yeah, way to have an unbiased opinion on suspects SPD.

Ok Joey....we get it. You disowned Hope because she divorced Bo. Well I guess that means that you will have no relationship with Abifail because your dad (who is Abifail's biological uncle) and your mom is divorced. Good to know!

Who didn't see JJ getting stopped by Clyde before he could spill the beans? Clyde is another piece of work. This guy controls all. It's ridiculous!

I hope that Clyde is the serial killer and he abducts Abifail and they ride their manipulative, psychotic, sickening selves off into the sunset where they live disgustingly ever after!

• Love 6

First off, did the show bulk buy at Leather Jackets 'R Us recently? Not that I'm complaining, mind. Maybe Rafe, Chad and Steve emailed each other to make sure they'd match.

So why does everyone except Steve have such a hard time believing something nefarious may have happened to Bo? Kayla, remember that heart attack patient who was just admitted, who you were just discussing with Steve? You know, the guy that A) faked your brother's death, B) replaced him with a guy that everyone thought was your brother, C) kidnapped, brainwashed and generally tormented two of your sisters-in-law 'cause he thought they were purty, and D) faked your husband's death*, then brainwashed and tortured him into becoming an assassin? Remember that guy, Kayla? Why is it so hard to believe he'd kidnap your other brother, hmmmm?

*I'd call it one of the show's stupidest retcons, but that bar is set pretty high on this show so I guess I have to just go with it.

Good points all about Rob Wilson being noticeably better on AMC - I concur. KM is still the worst IMO.

Poor KdP.

Chad/Billy Flynn continues to shine - I thought he did a great job going from disgust to fear and concern during Stefano's heart attack.

I could maybe see parents picking their child's classes, but arranging their schedule? That's always been up to the school and the school alone, in my experience. In fact, one year my high school had a computer assign everyone their classes, and I ended up with two different English classes in one day. Then again, my state's schools came in 50th in the country when I attended, so it's really not that surprising. (Bet we still topped the Salem educational system though!)

As much as I continue to love Lauren Boles, it's stupid IMO to keep having her on with a new SORASed recast coming on any week now. Poor move, show.

• Love 8

Abifail really is a manipulative piece of work. Once she found out about the app, she knew her goose was cooked. Instead of admitting everything like a real woman, she turns the tables and blames Ben.

It is Ben's fault (and his dad's for the idea) for putting the stalker app on her phone. There's nobody responsible for what Ben did with stalking her whereabouts through her phone other than Ben.
  • Love 1

It is Ben's fault (and his dad's for the idea) for putting the stalker app on her phone. There's nobody responsible for what Ben did with stalking her whereabouts through her phone other than Ben.

On the list of sins commited against each other in this "relationship", Ben's tracking app is up there with mismatching her socks.  Nobody said the app was okay, what I said, and what I read in other folks post was how Abigail deflected the lies that app exposed and made everything Ben's fault.  And then did her best to manipulate the idiot until he just shut up about her deceit and lies.

• Love 12

Yup. If Abifail had had any integrity, she would've blasted Ben for putting the app on her phone, but also owned up to cheating on him.

There is some schedule-arranging involved if there's a conflict between classes you've picked that are only offered in one or two periods. That happened to me junior year of high school, and I had to come down to the school and sit with the counselor to figure it out. But my parents never got involved in any of that, in high school or college.

I can understand why Eve's not calling Theresa, because the relationship has always been somewhat one-sided in my view, with Theresa trying a lot harder, but I can't believe that Theresa still hasn't heard about Paige's murder and gone looking for her sister. Theresa's storylines (Kate/Nicole and Brady/Tate) weren't on today, so the writers had a wide-open window for Theresa/Eve scenes and didn't take it. It was a weirdly structured episode; Eve didn't even appear until nearly halfway through it, just as I'd been wondering why the episode description had mentioned her at all, or if the referenced "melt down" was supposed to be literal and she was actually now a puddle on the bottom of the screen.

Edited by Black Knight
  • Love 3

As much as I continue to love Lauren Boles, it's stupid IMO to keep having her on with a new SORASed recast coming on any week now. Poor move, show

I totally disagree. Lauren should be allowed to work as long as the storyline calls for it. So what if she's going to age next week? We all KNOW it's make believe...and it's not as if we're all going to be surprised and/or confused. Keep up the good work, Lauren!

• Love 2

I like that they're giving Joey some time on the show to get used to things before pushing him too much.  I took it as seeing his aunt and uncle divorcing reminding him of the estrangement between his parents.  Not sure why Hope didn't mention his cousins would always be his cousins.  I also took it as he, like Steve, sense something is wrong with Aiden.  Yes, it's weird Joey will be dealing with a teen Ciara soon.  Very strange.

I like this thought. It connects with Steve pointing out Kayla's name change, which clearly hurt him (but that's his problem). So in Joey's eyes, his father leaves, his mother "let's him leave because she gave up on their family," she then changes her name, further distancing herself from the Johnsons (and in his mind him), then he gets sent away to school (a move that doesn't correspond with anything we know about Kayla, but okay, storyline). The end result being an isolated kid who may or may not be justified in his feelings of frustration at the world. Hope and Aiden then bare the brunt of his petulance. However, if this is where the show is going, Kayla should have been given a romantic interest to further drive home Joey's feelings.

• Love 2

Watching Ken Doll & Abifail was hilariously bad - between her screeching his name every five seconds to him going all crazy eyes on her - they are just painful to watch (which is why I usually FF thru them) - they are both idiots.

Ah Joey - hate you giving shade to Hope but actually understand why you were doing it

I liked Chad & Rafe today - can we get more of that??   

Poor Eve - hate that she's blaming JJ (although I think she blames herself just as much as she does JJ) - would love to see her interact with others besides the Hortons

Weird seeing Steve & Kayla pick Joey's classes (my parents never did that - they gave input but didn't choose them for me)  but it was nice seeing them interact - I do want Steve to have to grovel to get Kayla back.

• Love 5

Not complaining about the leather, either, lol. 

Joey does need some fleshing out -- right now, he's a pretty bland, one-dimensional teenager with angst.

I actually thought Abigail did a decent job yesterday, but that pained look on Ben's face was ridiculous. That tracking app was creepy for sure, and Ben is just plain scary these days. Abigial's thought bubbles would have been, "WTF have I gotten myself into with this guy?!" But honestly, this Abi-Chad thing is VERY reminiscent of the Jack-Jennifer dynamic of (holy shit) almost 30 years ago. Not that I mind, because I'm a sucker for that kind of against all odds love story : )

• Love 3

It will never be any worse than when Marlena and John got married with toddlers Brady and Belle in the wedding party, and returned home to find them in high school.  DH's "My how you've grown!" was the funniest thing she's ever said.  

• Love 9

I guess my problems with this storylines are

Abigail does not seem stuck between two loves.  It does not seem like she loves Ben at all.  I can't even figure out why she stays with him.   There is no reason that she could not be with Chad.  

Teresa should be with her sister.  Paige's murder was in the news.  I don't think it's up to Eve to call Teresa but see no reason why Teresa would not seek out Eve.  Not even Teresa is that cold.

• Love 6