Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I looked up Mike on Wikipedia, and he has been played by sixteen different actors!

I know! The character was around a long time. I just happen to be a sort of on and off viewer of this show and so he is the only Mike I have ever seen. I only started watching the show the day Roman died on the beach with Bo.

Too long of a day to post much, but another good day.

Justin, as usual, can STFU - except when he's with Eve.  KdP did it again.  She draws me in ASAP and keeps me there.  

Doug.....I know he's been around since the dinosaur age but the man has always creeped me out a little bit.  At least he makes Julie seem like the normal one.

This Aiden-romancing-Hope as a job is such bullshit.  We saw those two not being able to stand each other for the longest time.  That's one pretty iffy "plan".  Don't care what Show wants to tell us now, he's into Hope because of Hope, not because of Stefano.  BS on this rewrite.

Theresa and Kate were great, and Kate and Nicole were hilarious.

• Love 15

I understand that Eve is grief-striken but why is her first thought to have sex with a man to make herself feel better?  Maybe it's time to seek therapy.

I felt like KdP played the kiss as if Eve really wasn't even into the kiss per se, she just didn't want to be alone and she thought this way she could keep Justin from leaving.

I don't think less of Eve for this because she is grief-stricken and really not in a healthy frame of mind, but I will think very poorly of Justin if he actually has sex with her in this moment. He should stay and hold her; that's what she's really looking for in my opinion. Let her know she doesn't have to sex him up to get him to stay.

But I really do wish the show hadn't gone here at all. KdP is doing a fantastic job, but something about the way the show is handling Eve's grief feels very off. As posters commented about yesterday's episode, the scene in which Roman told Eve that Paige had been killed felt weirdly brief/cut-off, and today Eve had little screentime and a really long stretch where she was absent altogether. Then they finish up with her kissing Justin...it feels like the writers aren't really interested in actually exploring Eve's grief and are just using it as a plot point to shove her and Justin together. And this is a retread because we already sat through months of Eve griefsex, only with JJ. Justin is at least age-appropriate, but we've seen this movie before. Really recently.

I don't know, I feel sorry for KdP. In killing off Paige (a decision I disagree with), it would seem that the show is giving her a very meaty storyline, but I just have the feeling the writers don't actually care about exploring the impact of her only child's death on Eve. They're just going to shove her into bed with a man and, since that man is still hung up on his wife, Eve will probably just start scheming to keep Justin away from Adrienne. Which is just a shit sandwich to give to KdP. She's not had one good storyline since she came aboard.

I would've much preferred that Eve's scenes have been with her sister Theresa instead. But such scenes would actually have been focused on Eve's grief over her daughter, rather than serving as a vehicle to get her into bed with a guy she'll probably turn clingy/stalker-ish on.

• Love 11

Speaking of Theresa, she still doesn't know, does she?  Eve really should've called her by now.

I was hoping for that today, too.  It looks like we might have an old-fashioned, really dramatic Friday for a change.

• Love 3

They're just going to shove her into bed with a man and, since that man is still hung up on his wife, Eve will probably just start scheming to keep Justin away from Adrienne. Which is just a shit sandwich to give to KdP. She's not had one good storyline since she came aboard.

...or maybe they'll just make Eve the killer. Now THAT would be shocking...!

• Love 2

I had not been familiar with KDP's previous work, but WOW! She really hit it out of the park with her grief scenes. For the first time since Eve came back, I actually felt sorry for her today. I suspected that KDP was capable of bringing it....and I see that I wasn't wrong.

Justin needs to tone it down.....ALOT! What is his problem anyway? I am in no way a Chabby fan, but it's pretty bad when I would rather see Chad in a scene with Abifail than with Justin.

I am way beyond seeing Clyde get the best of everyone. This is SO outrageous. He has bested criminals that were hard at work when he was still trying to feel girls up at a drive-in movie.

It was nice getting time off from Dr Tan. Of course we had to be treated to his judgmental attempts to control Nicole. I would like to issue an APB for the real Nicole Walker. I want her found immediately so she can tell surfer boy to shove it!

I am loving Steve on my screen again. Guilty as charged....I'm a Steve fan. With that said, I would hate to see his return based on reuniting Bope. Steve has connections to a lot of people in town as well as own previous issues with the Dimeras. He should not be stuck as a Bope prop.

Speaking of Bope. I've never been a fan. I like Bo and Hope separately....just not together. Like others have posted, I do not understand how Bo was able to have relationships with other women but each time Hope tries to have a relationship that guy just has to be bad in some way. Viewers were treated to a slow buildup of Haiden. For those who are fans, we got invested. Then they were back burned. Now, we are being treated to Aiden being thrown under a bus for Bope.

I would like to give a shout out for JJ's reaction to finding Paige's body. Well done Casey. Now, if we can just get over the "Secret Agent Cody Banks" storyline. The only thing that would give me any satisfaction in this storyline is if JJ busts a cap in Clyde and kills him.

Eric, Eric, Eric. Where should I begin? I believe that GV is capable of more than what he has been given. Come on! This is Sami's twin! Give this guy some action....some suspense.....some adventure!

A Nicole, Kate, Theresa partnership.....I'm in!! All this needs now that Kate has her head screwed on right and away from Clyde is for Nicole to kick Dr Tan to the curb and Theresa to tell Brady to shove it! The 3 of them teaming up ala "First Wives Club" and telling the men of Salem to go to hell would make my year!

• Love 7

I loved Steve & Kayla's wedding - I actually have it on DVD - I may have to find it & watch it tonight

Michael T Weiss was an awesome Mike (and super sexy) - I loved him with both Robin & April.    And wasn't Jennifer with April's brother Emilio at the time of Steve & Kayla's wedding?   

Not surprised by Eve seeking comfort from Justin - I think she's doing anything she can to avoid being alone - I do wish that Theresa was her shoulder to cry on & not Justin.

I am surprised that Shane & Kim haven't been announced as coming back for the 50th - I did see something about two vets being seen on set but they wouldn't say who it was - maybe it will be them???

Liked the scenes with Brady, Marlena & John  - it was nice to see the three of them together - I am confused about John wanting to know who he is - hasn't he already figured that out - wasn't that what the Colleen Brady/Santos Dimera story was all about?

• Love 6

I had not been familiar with KDP's previous work, but WOW! She really hit it out of the park with her grief scenes. For the first time since Eve came back, I actually felt sorry for her today. I suspected that KDP was capable of bringing it....and I see that I wasn't wrong.

Justin needs to tone it down.....ALOT! What is his problem anyway? I am in no way a Chabby fan, but it's pretty bad when I would rather see Chad in a scene with Abifail than with Justin.

I am way beyond seeing Clyde get the best of everyone. This is SO outrageous. He has bested criminals that were hard at work when he was still trying to feel girls up at a drive-in movie.

It was nice getting time off from Dr Tan. Of course we had to be treated to his judgmental attempts to control Nicole. I would like to issue an APB for the real Nicole Walker. I want her found immediately so she can tell surfer boy to shove it!

I am loving Steve on my screen again. Guilty as charged....I'm a Steve fan. With that said, I would hate to see his return based on reuniting Bope. Steve has connections to a lot of people in town as well as own previous issues with the Dimeras. He should not be stuck as a Bope prop.

Speaking of Bope. I've never been a fan. I like Bo and Hope separately....just not together. Like others have posted, I do not understand how Bo was able to have relationships with other women but each time Hope tries to have a relationship that guy just has to be bad in some way. Viewers were treated to a slow buildup of Haiden. For those who are fans, we got invested. Then they were back burned. Now, we are being treated to Aiden being thrown under a bus for Bope.

I would like to give a shout out for JJ's reaction to finding Paige's body. Well done Casey. Now, if we can just get over the "Secret Agent Cody Banks" storyline. The only thing that would give me any satisfaction in this storyline is if JJ busts a cap in Clyde and kills him.

Eric, Eric, Eric. Where should I begin? I believe that GV is capable of more than what he has been given. Come on! This is Sami's twin! Give this guy some action....some suspense.....some adventure!

A Nicole, Kate, Theresa partnership.....I'm in!! All this needs now that Kate has her head screwed on right and away from Clyde is for Nicole to kick Dr Tan to the curb and Theresa to tell Brady to shove it! The 3 of them teaming up ala "First Wives Club" and telling the men of Salem to go to hell would make my year!

Fabulous post!  Every single word.  I so very much agree about Haiden, and about Bo and Hope.  

Liked the scenes with Brady, Marlena & John  - it was nice to see the three of them together - I am confused about John wanting to know who he is - hasn't he already figured that out - wasn't that what the Colleen Brady/Santos Dimera story was all about?

They dismantled that origin story about, what, 2 years ago now?  It was done very casually, almost a throwaway line.  John came back from Europe, said he'd found out that Colleen wasn't his mother, that the people who were taking care of colluded with that story to make her feel better.  I might have the details wrong but that's the gist of it.  Show supposedly did that to clear the decks for Theresa and Brady, so they wouldn't have a blood connection when they started sleeping together.

I liked the three of them too.  Quite a surprise since I'm generally not a fan of Brady or Jawn's in any situation.

• Love 3

Yes! Princess Consuela, Jennifer was with Emilio, Melissa was with Jack  and all  of the supercouples were together and happy....The show was slowly redeeming Jack and I think the wedding of Steve and Kayla was the beginning of that..He will go from being the main antagonist of Steve and Kayla to their biggest champion....The beginning of Jack and Jennifer, the spectator and their banter....Days of our lives has  always had the best couples hands down, in all of daytime....

The show had retcon John's parentage once again, so that Brady and Theresa can get together. I still find Brady and Theresa to be gross because John was still considered and thought of as family by the Bradys, even after he was revealed to not be Roman....Family is not just biology...John as Roman was super close to Kim....He was a great dad to Eric, Sami and Carrie...I loved RoJohn with Diana and Isabella...I wish that the show had kept Drake as Roman..He was a great Roman and had fantastic chemistry with everybody...Once they started to tinker with his character, it went downhill from there...The show started to focus more and more on shocking plots, instead of character driven stories...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6

I'm going to give Eve a pass on griefsex. Given her history it makes a tiny bit of sense that Eve would use sex in a twisted attempt to both forget and punish herself. Not that this show will play it that way. They'll make it all about lust but for another few hours I can pretend this is an example of character exploration.

On the Steve and Bo front. I love them. I can't help myself. Steve return has been a tad lame but it's no where near as bad as John return last year where he spent the major of his time handing out mail. I vastly prefer Marlena without John. I might be able to tolerate them together if the show stopped treating them as star-crossed, fated, meant-to-be, fated, really!awesome lovers and just let them be two 60-somethings who've been through a lot and love each other enough to try to make it work. But no. We're going to get pelican kissing. 

• Love 9

I'm going to give Eve a pass on griefsex. Given her history it makes a tiny bit of sense that Eve would use sex in a twisted attempt to both forget and punish herself.

That's what I thought as well.  I'm much more a novice on the show, but isn't Eve's past laced with abuse, prostitution, etc.?

• Love 7

Did anyone else besides me notice those little itty-bitty-baby nibbles Kate was taking of that candy bar, but then chewing it, talking around it, and rolling it around in her mouth like she had the whole thing in there?   LOL...it still makes me laugh!  It's like she was afraid to eat the thing, but then really went overboard with her enjoyment of the itty-bitty-nibbles...

I gotta get out more.....or get some chocolate!!!

• Love 4

Did anyone else besides me notice those little itty-bitty-baby nibbles Kate was taking of that candy bar, but then chewing it, talking around it, and rolling it around in her mouth like she had the whole thing in there?   LOL...it still makes me laugh!  It's like she was afraid to eat the thing, but then really went overboard with her enjoyment of the itty-bitty-nibbles...

I gotta get out more.....or get some chocolate!!!

I'm obsessed watching Kate eat.  Usually they give her this teeny, tiny bowl of fruit for breakfast, and she takes more time dissecting, probing, looking at, and sniffing that one single strawberry in the same time I can eat a large pizza.  But Lauren Koslow does look spectacular!

• Love 5

That's what I thought as well.  I'm much more a novice on the show, but isn't Eve's past laced with abuse, prostitution, etc.?

Yes, it is...Eve was a complicated young woman and Kim to a liking to her....I loved the evolution of their relationship...It made no sense to me that she would not call Kim about Paige..Kim, Shane and Andrew would be on a plane to be there for her..I remember her bond with Andrew....I never really understood why Tomsell made Eve and Theresa adversaries....If Andrew ever comes back to town, I hope he is debonair and regal like Shane. He could come back to town with his best friend, a British Expatriate who happens to be Theresa's first love...The show can delve more into her backstory...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

I guess I can understand not calling Theresa, but why hasn't anyone called Shane? I can excuse Eve, because she's in shock right now, but why not Roman? I guess it's early, but it's still weird. If it's a trick to get me to feel badly for Eve, it's going to work, much like isolating Nicole made me root for her. At the very least I need a phone call between him and Eve and some contrived explanation as to why Shane can't be there physically to support his daughter and help grieve his granddaughter.

• Love 4

The way I see it, Eve is the next of kin and it's really up to her to either make the calls or specifically ask someone to do it for her. However Paige might be related to Roman, it's not his job to notify Shane and given the situation of Paige's death (murder) it's absolutely not his or anyone at the police station place to notify anyone other than the next of kin.

Eve is reeling right now. I expect she will call Theresa and Shane and Kim at some point but, right now, she's in shock and just wants to numb herself.

What I'm really hoping for.. I mean, if it were me writing this... Justin would stay with her (no sex -- yet) and just try to get her through the first night and then, in the morning, ask her if there's anyone else that should know. He undoubtedly already knows that there are other people that should know and could even prompt her... 'Your sister? Your father? Paige's father?' At which point, Eve would call Theresa as she's the closest. Theresa would run over to be with her sister and then Theresa would help out by calling Shane and Kim and telling them. Justin would excuse himself and tell her he will check in her later.

That way, you've got Justin being a good guy and taking care of this new friend in her time of need (building blocks!) and then Theresa would be told and we'd get some semblance of family stuff with her and Eve. Perhaps Theresa calls Brady and asks him to shift their schedules a bit with Tate and explains why... that's how Brady and perhaps John, Marlena and others find out what happened. They didn't connect Paige to the canvas well at all with the previous writers but this small ripple would start to spread... especially since JJ would have to tell Jennifer about what happened.

I think they're starting off very well by connecting people again (although there are some weak points) this would be a great time for Jennifer to come to offer condolences and Theresa could stand up for her sister... "I know you think you're doing the right thing. Maybe you are doing the right thing but you're not helping because you're not her friend and all she sees when she looks at you... well, let's just say you're not a comfort right now, Jennifer. Try to understand." And the shut the door.

I have to admit I laughed a bit when Eve turned from the door weeping and glommed onto Justin. He looked surprised by it, too, so I'm going to hope that they kiss for a bit but he makes it clear that he's not going to take advantage of her in this situation. But I would love it if he stayed with her. Their vibe right now is really working for me.

• Love 6

I never really understood why Tomsell made Eve and Theresa adversaries.

Are they adversaries really?  They've always been prickly with each other, but I think they've got each others' backs when the chips are down.  I like their relationship and I hope the show does more with it.

• Love 2

Roman said he was going to notify next of kin.  Seeing as Kim is his sister I'm going to believe he made that call.  I don't think Eve feels like answering her phone right now, and as sisterly yet combative as Eve has been toward Theresa, she just found out and I'd be surprised if she called JT after refusing to hold her baby nephew. 

I find it more weird that there weren't still police around when she went to the dorm.  I was beginning to wonder if she'd go there. She wasn't detained at the hospital to sign papers and make final arrangements or discuss an autopsy or verifying where she was that night.  That's half the horror of losing someone. 

I was thinking about forensics too.  JJ taking off the tie and hugging her (so he'll be a suspect, blah blah blah).  Eve hugging her before an autopsy.

• Love 4

Are they adversaries really?  They've always been prickly with each other, but I think they've got each others' backs when the chips are down.  I like their relationship and I hope the show does more with it.

Yes they were, when Theresa and Eve interacted, they acted like they hated each other..It got better over time...Eve written in character would have been looking out for Theresa like she used to do with Andrew....That was how the show used to show her vulnerability when she  used to clash with Kim...

• Love 3

I actually liked that Eve decided to call Marlene rather then be stupid and have sex with Justin--now that's a smart move.  And I liked Marlena asking her about calling Theresa and Eve tearfully admitted she hadn't done it but she did call Shane or as Eve says "daddy."  I admit to also having a hard time hearing a woman in her late 40's early fifties calling their father' "Daddy"--Hope doesn't get a pass on it either--but that's my own issue.  I just liked that Eve reached out to a therapist and that she didn't use sex as a crutch.

Maggie was wonderfully kind with Caroline--that's the version I like best--and is Caroline's seeing Shawn part of her illness?

• Love 9

Theresa and Kate won the show yesterday IMO. Their combined awesomeness - especially if Nicole gets added to the mix - could almost make up for being cheated out of the Kate/Sami team-up.

Totally agree with everyone who said Eve's grieving scenes felt… off yesterday. Too short, too superficial. KdP is an amazing actress who can knock anything out of the park. Hell, the OLTL writers gave her dregs for years and she made it all shine. I really hope she can catch a break here, and get a decent story to play.

Still calling BS on SuddenlyEvilAiden.

Everyone here has better ideas for story lines than the writers do - I love reading them!

• Love 6

I find it so weird that someone is murdered and it is not all over social media.  And especially when the murder takes place in a dorm.  It is ridiculous that all these people are wandering about not knowing that Paige was murdered.

• Love 4

That's true, bannana, in the real world a dorm murder would be all over every news outlet, and there would probably be a lot of panicky coeds and parents. But Salem, as we all know, bears little resemblance to the real world.

• Love 3

Meh... Salem U has like 5 students and none of them seemed to be there when the shit went down. I'm not surprised. ;)

Truthfully, yeah, this would be all over the news and social media but, well, it is what it is. It would be interesting if they went that route because it's an unusual course for soaps to take but I'm not surprised they didn't.

• Love 4

I guess I can understand not calling Theresa, but why hasn't anyone called Shane? I can excuse Eve, because she's in shock right now, but why not Roman? I guess it's early, but it's still weird. If it's a trick to get me to feel badly for Eve, it's going to work, much like isolating Nicole made me root for her. At the very least I need a phone call between him and Eve and some contrived explanation as to why Shane can't be there physically to support his daughter and help grieve his granddaughter.

Didn't Eve say she was going to call him in today's episode?

And can someone remind me what child Marlena lost? (That's what she said to Eve today).  I recall (I think) her being pregnant about 15 years ago and falling down the stairs  and having a miscarriage...is that the child she's talking about, or is there another child? There was a 15 year (or so) period of my life when I didn't watch Days...so maybe that's when she lost this other child.  Or maybe it was not an actual loss, but more of an emotional one, and that went right over my head...

Edited by OhioMom
  • Love 1

Ah, good. I missed Roman saying he'd call next of kin. (I'd posted my complaint this morning before today's episode aired, but somehow missed Roman saying that yesterday. It's not hard to miss stuff that he says, though)

Marlena lost her child w/Don to SIDS wayyyyyyy back in the day. (or what Apprentice79 said.)

Edited by shesajar
  • Love 2

I find it so weird that someone is murdered and it is not all over social media.  And especially when the murder takes place in a dorm.  It is ridiculous that all these people are wandering about not knowing that Paige was murdered.

Well, classes had been canceled anyway, so everyone was in the park, the yogurt shop, Horton Square.... ;)

I was so glad to see Eve call Marlena (and for Marlena to run out the door, telling John their conversation wasn't over) to have someone to talk to. It was also kind of sad, because when Mar mentioned talking to family and friends to help Eve through her grieving, it reminded us that Eve has really been written into a box and has no friends. At the same time, it was nice to see that SOMEONE had done their research when Mar brought up the fact that she has also lost a child.

Nicely done, show.

I can't wait to see what happens with Kate, Theresa and Nicole!

Eric, put your pride aside and see that Nicole is being a friend by offering you a job.

• Love 6

Finally Eve showed some remorse for what she did to Paige.  And took credit for it, didn't blame JJ.   And after seeing that I started to believe her character is redeemable.    And my heart kinda broke for her when she said she wasn't a mother any longer. :( 

Wonder if they are going a different route with Caroline's confusion.  If they drop the Alzheimers diagnosis, then Victor's doctor can give her the drug, cure her, and then Caroline can continue to be an active citizen of Salem.

It was interesting hearing Julie talk about her early years.  That was about 15 years before I started to watch, so I never saw her looking this young:

Julie_olson.JPG

• Love 12

Dammit, Sacramento is doing a parade for the three guys that stopped the French train attack, so we aren't getting today's show.  I may try to catch it on POP TV tonight.  :(

Check your local listings..when they do that here, they usually re-air the episode around 1:30 am!

• Love 1

If I were in Jawn's position I can't say that I still wouldn't want to know why my bio family is. That being said, from a story telling standpoint this is just boring and uninspired. We've already been down this road 200 times so who cares? Brady, Marlena, that retcon son, and the Brady's are Jawn's family so why not just leave it alone.

I find it hard to believe that Justin and that woman's grown kids would be so devastated by their divorce that Sonny's mother has to dump Lucas. Are the kids forgetting that their parents got divorced several years ago during the Nighttime Hope era? Whatever. I hope Lucas is free from that woman for good.

I'm ready for Eric and Nicole to hump so Dan can go somewhere else. Back to raccoon Jen or hell, I don't care. 

Did Theresa really think Kate wouldn't want to help run the company she helped pay for? Really? She really thought Kate would be OK with being  silent investor? Really?

• Love 3

Finally Eve showed some remorse for what she did to Paige.  And took credit for it, didn't blame JJ.   And after seeing that I started to believe her character is redeemable.    And my heart kinda broke for her when she said she wasn't a mother any longer. :( 

IKR? My throat constricted when she said that. Marlena gave the perfect answer, that she will always be Paige's mother. I was happy to see that Eve was horrified that she grabbed Justin in liplock.Maybe she'll knock off the shitty behaviour that always seems to get her into trouble. 

Do Yawn and Marlena sound like they are on way too much Valium all the damn time? OMG I can't bear to listen to them!

• Love 6

I'm a relatively new watcher so I don't have a lot of Days history to go on -- but the past few episodes, the show has felt like a "real" soap, just in terms of pacing and character interaction/integration. There's a flow now to the storytelling and people aren't compartmentalized. It's nice.

So many things are happening at the moment, but I'm most excited about the Basic Black story. So many possibilities -- and Nicole will have actual humans with which to interact, so she won't have to spend half her time talking to herself! #NoMoreMonologues

• Love 10

Maybe it was just me but I laughed when Jawn was going into the description of his 200 times searching.  You don't know who you are?  I'll bet a few of us can tell you who you are.  Suddenly Mar got the call and left and Jawn looked more stunned his long story was interrupted, more than any concern for Marlena.  My ex and his brother could draw out the simplest story for so long that trying to finish sentences for them resulted in an even longer story. 

About social media, when Jeannie T woke up I thought I saw a Student Killed in Dorm headline on her tablet. I actually thought she was sleeping on the sofa over grief and that's why he was being nice but I guess Brady didn't know either when he came home because Mar said nothing to him or Jawn.  I thought Jawn found out about it on the internet then asked Mar.

I get the idea classes haven't started in Salem yet or Paige would have been gone (we should have seen her packing so that is strange) and JJ hasn't said anything about having to go to class.  So that's probably why the lack of students at SU but surely there would be gawkers and police tape should still be up. 

Why was Dirty Tan so rude to Victor when he was looking for Kayla?

What, Eeyore didn't just stay home in his hair shirt whipping himself and staring at statues of jeebus?  The man has no self insight at all.  I enjoyed him stumbling around with his plastic Devo hair out of place.  He has no reason to feel guilty about Shrewena unless he's beginning to realize all the times he makes it a point to track down a woman just to tell her it's over, he doesn't mean it.  But that would involve self awareness and if so he did a pretty good job drowning it.

I'm loving Steve asking Vic and Hope some reasonable questions.  Their lack of interest tell me that they don't care if they ever see Bo again either!  I share that sentiment but it looks like he'll have a lot of scenes with Steve which is fine.  I think we can all pretty much write the Bope dialogue.  

Caroline should never drive alone again.

Did I see Salem pier is back?!!  Nice.  Seeing Steve and Bo there will be like old times.   

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 4

Son of a bitch. It occurs to me their answer to the "shocking" person behind the serial killings is going to be something stupid and not requiring explanation of fall out like Kristen. Some presumed dead person already established as evil and/ bonkers.

And we'll be all "(gasp) That person isn't dead or missing but in town on a kill spree. Oh my stars and garters!"

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 1

Okay show:

1) You gave me Taniel two times this week, that is three times too many.

2) Why do you love to crap on Lucas so? Can't he finally fall in love with and get the girl?

3) At this point, I want you to reveal that John's parents are Bozo the Clown and Betty Rubble because I'm beyond over it.

4) Kassie DePaiva is so awesome, why did you insist on miscasting her as Eve? Because when she talked about telling Daddy about Paige. I'm was like, "Whose her Daddy?" Then I remembered we are supposed to believe it's Shane and I just shook my head.

5) The more I watch, the more I am convinced that Eric is deranged or in the midst of a breakdown, because his histrionics over Serena just makes no sense. I hope you have a reason for this show.

6) What are your plans for Caroline with this story. None likes to see the ill effects of aging, but if you come up with some BS Victor bought cure, I'm going to go ballistic.

7) Are you trying to make me think Brady has a brain? Yesterday he had sense when talking with John. Today, he (sans knowing of Kate's involvement) has predicted the disaster that Nicole and Theresa of the many hissy fits teaming up will be.

• Love 7
Do Yawn and Marlena sound like they are on way too much Valium all the damn time? OMG I can't bear to listen to them!

BAH-hahahahaha!

OMG, I love you for saying that cause I really needed a laugh, even if it was in public technically.

It was interesting hearing Julie talk about her early years.  That was about 15 years before I started to watch, so I never saw her looking this young:

WOW! She looks young. I was wondering today if she really was on the show as a young person. Is it just me or does DAYS only have a couple of years of pre-digital footage converted for use in flashbacks? Today for example, Shawn and Caroline were only shown in his late years. Don't they have footage of them from the early 80s or earlier? Someone should go through the archives and convert more footage...

I really enjoyed today's episode. I enjoyed the fact that it started in the evening and then transitioned into the morning. I loved Brady's silent change of heart about Theresa, however implied. It was wonderful. I'm not saying I want them as a couple - he's still a dolt and she's a terror who needs to grow into herself - but it was sweet. Caroline's vision of Shawn was a surprise. Not sure how I feel about that but hey, I'm all for a surprise every now and again.

Lucas and Adrienne's break-up felt sudden and like a course correction. I don't know that I like Adrienne going back to Justin based off a conversation with Sonny, who at this point needs to accept his parents doing what they want as the kids are all raised. And I'm really not liking Justin much, gotta say. I find the actor's facial ticks too reminiscent of John's condescending eyebrows.

Theresa/Nicole/Kate is going to be awesome and I can't wait :) A GOOD storyline. Long overdue!

I really like seeing Marlena be a supportive therapist. I think she was at her most likeable today. I'm fine with John investigating his past, but it's pretty contrived for it to involve danger. What ISA resources does he really need to use - a computer database? I don't quite get the reason for the drama here. Also, it feels really soon after his proposal to Marlena (which was super tentative) to say "I've got to run off!!!" when it's clearly pissing her and Brady off (and with good reason).

Still, good episode. Really pleasantly surprised at the turnaround the show has made! The cast weren't lying when they said we would be impressed...

3) At this point, I want you to reveal that John's parents are Bozo the Clown and Betty Rubble because I'm beyond over it.

LOL!

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 2

4) Kassie DePaiva is so awesome, why did you insist on miscasting her as Eve? Because when she talked about telling Daddy about Paige. I'm was like, "Whose her Daddy?" Then I remembered we are supposed to believe it's Shane and I just shook my head.

Maybe this is why Shane hasn't come back and while it would make complete sense story arc wise for him to be on screen, it would make no sense when he and Eve are in scenes together because in real life they couldn't possibly be father-daughter. 

• Love 1

Maybe this is why Shane hasn't come back and while it would make complete sense story arc wise for him to be on screen, it would make no sense when he and Eve are in scenes together because in real life they couldn't possibly be father-daughter. 

I've already fanwanked it in my head that Eve has had a tough life so the years have worn harder on her than they have Shane... who's been shot and had his child kidnapped and been paralyzed and worked for the ISA during bouts of good and bad and seems to attract the absolute most insanely jealous women ever.

I mean.. come on, Shane has had it easy, amirite?

My fanwank is failing me.

In other news, yesterday I was thinking how good Doug looked and then come to find out today that the actor is in his 90s and I was even more impressed. What sort of fountain is that man drinking from?!

• Love 6

To be fair to the show..kate and Billie always looked like sisters instead of mother/daughter...Especially Lisa Rinna's Billie...I think the reason that we have not seen Shane is because the actor is in a play in the east coast..Even with Original recipe Eve, you still had to suspend disbelief that they were father and daughter...lol

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

I was so happy Eve called Marlena and that the show did give some time over to exploring Eve's emotions. KdP knocked it out of the park, as always.

However, every time I saw Theresa onscreen I felt like the show was suddenly taking place decades ago - no phones, no computers (even though we saw her iPad), not even a grapevine. Seriously, how does her niece get murdered and she still hasn't heard about it? Come on. I know it's inconvenient from the writers' perspective because they're in the middle of setting Theresa up in a fun business storyline with Nicole and Kate (which I applaud), but hey writers, nobody ordered you to kill Paige off this particular week.

Adrienne sounded ridiculous. Her sons with Justin are all grown men with lives of their own. Only Sonny even lives in the same town, and he's gone indefinitely. So, I guess this is it for BD, huh? His only storyline (not that we even saw him much) is done, and Will's basically in limbo, so I don't know what else Lucas will be doing. Actually, now that Lucas is single again, I wouldn't mind if the writers used AS's upcoming return to reunite Lumi for good and send them off together.

• Love 5

To be fair to the show..kate and Billie always looked like sisters instead of mother/daughter...Especially Lisa Rinna's Billie...I think the reason that we have not seen Shane is because the actor is in a play in the east coast..Even with Original recipe Eve, you still had to suspend disbelief that they were father and daughter...lol

Yes, I don't think the writers gave that enough thought even back in the '80's. Shane and Gabrielle should have been teenage lovers in order for Eve to make sense as their daughter. I would buy Shane having a teenage child in the '80's much more if they'd have said he lost his virginity to Gabrielle at 15 rather than they were spy lovers in their twenties. 

Speaking of Gabrielle, I always liked her character and thought her and Shane were striking as a couple together. Does Eve ever mention her mother these days? They were close back then. Shouldn't she let her know her granddaughter is dead???

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 3