Type keyword(s) to search

S21.E10: The Girl With The Bloodcurdling Scream

Yet again, the social media photos (solo shots) were different from the judging photos (superimposed double shots) - http://iamrian7.wordpress.com/2014/03/15/americas-next-top-model-cycle-21-guys-and-girls-8th-photoshoot-crow-underwear-photoshoot/ .  

Has this show become so low budget that Tyra has to shop off the rack for her judging outfit?  It looks like she got her top and the lame knit cap from Hot Topic, the tacky yellow jewelry from Claire's, and then, exhausted after eating some chicken McNuggets at McDonald's in the food court, she fell asleep on a bench and had a five-year-old do her makeup in magic marker.

• Love 6

I am glad Mirjana is gone.

It's pretty pathetic that she couldn't get over Denzel's elimination to focus on the job at hand.

They are all jumping on Chantelle about not wanting to be there. And then you have Mirjana who is so messed up over Denzel's elimination that she pretty much stops caring.

And I think Chantelle DOES want to be there. But at the same time the eliminated contestants probably did have more fun and less pressure on the other side. And I think that's all Chantelle meant.

Being around all those girls can't be fun. But I think she is willing to handle it for the competition. She doesn't want to quit.

• Love 3

Raelia's outrage over getting a 6 cracked me up. Really girl, really?? You spent the first 10 shots with your back to your camera? Duh!

I hate when other contestants gang up on one person, claiming they don't deserve to be there because they don't want it as bad.

Lenox, mind your own business and try to do your best at the photo shoot. Don't concern yourself with Chantel and her motivations. Stop being a shit-starter. And please stop rolling your eyes.

• Love 2

This was such a strange episode. 

I'm not sure I understood the challenge.  Walk through a crappy haunted slaughterhouse and then at some point this guy with a weird name will pop up and take your picture.  Um, okay. 

Will's parents visiting was nice although slightly awkward.  How is Will that tall??  Where did he get that bone structure from?? 

Mirjana just doesn't know what to do when she doesn't have a man to play with, I guess.  It's like she just got really confused and aimless.

I am also not sure I understood the photoshoot.  And why are they bringing up Will's body at this point in the competition?  Shouldn't that have been brought up beforehand when he could have possibly done something about it?

• Love 2

This cycle is so low budget.  They are recycling photographers left and right.

Not sad to see Mirjana go home though she didn't seem bitter so that was nice.

Lenox needs to pay attention to herself and not Chantelle.  I get that the contestants don't like it when an eliminated contestant comes back but odds say those folks never win so they should all stop acting like Chantelle has cooties or something.

I can't with them now focusing on Will's body like they focused on Denzel's arms.  They haven't cared about fitness on this show since the first couple of cycles.  How exactly are the models to know the best way to go about achieving a good form?  Everything they showed them eating looked like it came out of a Frito-Lay bag; not exactly health food.  Also, lots of liquor which has a lot of calories so that's not a good choice either.

I thought the challenge and the photoshoot were random.

But the most egregious thing was Tyra's white shoes.  I hate white shoes unless you're a nurse, nun, bride or athlete, white shoes are the work of the devil.

• Love 3

Adam needs to pose in the dark all the time. Damn he's never looked and performed better. And I even found him charming and laughed when he declared his plan was to scare the monsters right back.

I wonder how many times he's bumped his head, though. Probably a lot.

Also, I don't know if Shei was just being her nice self, but when she caressed his forehead to soothe him I thought they'd make a scorchingly hot couple. Here for that.

I hope Lenox, Shei, or even Adam wins this.

Edited by anonymiss
  • Love 6

So they brought back an eliminated contestant, but couldn't manage airfare for more than the number of contestants in the running prior to the return? I'm going full-on conspiracy theorist and speculating that Mirjana couldn't get a passport, and the drama was developed around that reality.

I predict that Adam will wrangle some sort of career out of this, but it won't be "fashion" model.

It looks like next week will be a "very special episode" where Adam's Party Boy ways of drinking will be addressed and, most likely, fixed by a Tyravention.

I thought Keith's photo was pretty decent. The slight smirk/smile added something to the shot that was lacking in the non-emoting of the other models.

And Miss J's hair was 1980's? Really? It was one white  sttreak away from Bride of Frankenstein, which would have fit in with the first photo shoot...and Halloween.

• Love 2

With all due respect, I can't believe Tyra tried to pass off Chantelle as a model. I'm sure she'll be a great whatever she wants to be, but not in an industry that is based around superficial beauty, imo.

Adam's facesplat was fantastic :D Glad he got to re-do it at the end of the shoot. That challenge had me laughing my ass off (though that might have been because of how cheesy it was).

I was missing the connection between the actual photoshoot and contraceptive awareness. The pictures with a leather / feather glove were not conveying the message for me at all. 

It's pretty pathetic that she couldn't get over Denzel's elimination to focus on the job at hand.

Tyra mentioned this too at the end of the show. She asked Mirjana if leaving had something to do with Denzel, then said 'I hope not, cos we don't get down about a boy.'  I guess I had a bit of a problem with this because Tyra was trying to be all girl-power but the fact of the matter is, Mirjana is 18 years old and she liked a guy and she was sad that it was over. Being emotionally scattered about that doesn't make her less of a FIERCE WOMAN. 

Edited by lovedwallflower
  • Love 3

With all due respect, I can't believe Tyra tried to pass off Chantelle as a model. I'm sure she'll be a great whatever she wants to be, but not in an industry that is based around superficial beauty, imo.

This "cycle" is the first time I've ever seen a current ANTM contestant in ads: Chantelle for Desigual. I've seen them in a few places in Manhattan.

• Love 5

I didn't understand all the fuss about Will's body.  I don't think it looks bad at all.  I mean, the guy is a dancer.  They have good bodies!  What exactly did Yu Tsai want him to suck in?

Tyra, please stop with the skinny jeans.  I say this as someone who is also plus-sized... that was not a good look!  You must have access to some amazing clothes, so why do you insist in wearing such crap lately?

• Love 2

This "cycle" is the first time I've ever seen a current ANTM contestant in ads: Chantelle for Desigual. I've seen them in a few places in Manhattan.

Those ads are everywhere. I see them as much as I see the regular campaign featuring Adriana Lima.

I forgot to record the show for the second week in a row. Now I can't wait to watch it just to see what Tyra is wearing. This is the worst she's ever looked at panel. She's looked ridiculous many times before, but this season she's just so lo-budget. What the hell happened?

Edited by dolphincorn

Obviously I NEVER see what the judges see, because I thought Chantelle's skin colors made her fade into the background trees, not stand out from them.

I think this episode should have been titled "The Girl who Tries to Make the Skin Girl Happen", referring to Tyra pushing Chantelle into the top.  Regardless of how her skin looks, I don't like Chantelle's posing, her attitude or anything about her.  I would rather have seen Mirjana stay in the competition.

I'm with you, @lovedwallflower  I think Chantelle is Tyra's new poster child, and is being used by all of them to illustrate their commitment to "acceptance" and "diversity".  I think it's all a sham, done for ratings.

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 9

I feel bad for Mirjana.  Her whole being seems to depend on being with a man all the time.  And it says a lot about Chantelle that I would rather have Mirjana there than her.  Chantelle was so full of it at the judging.  People don't have a problem with your skin or the wall you supposedly put up, honey.  It's your shitty attitude that is the problem.  You seem really full of yourself and I don't know why.

• Love 7

I'm starting to think Tyra has some weird kind of aphasia that's slowly replacing all of her words with "Boom."

Also, I feel like, this season, it's extra-obvious somehow that the judging scale goes from 6-10 in order to create the illusion that the contestants are actually doing well. In reality, a lot of them are just scoring 1-3 on a five-point scale, and that seems like a more accurate reflection of their performance.

I liked the funny-looking gloves, but they had nothing to do with condoms or HIV-awareness.

• Love 3

It boggles me that Chantelle is eliminated, then comes back and in her first competitions wins them both. WTH? If she was that great, why did she get sent home? Oh wait ... drah-ma. Never mind.

It seemed to me that others modeled better in the dark than Chantelle but their photos were not shown. The photo of Will that was shown was better than Chantelle's IMO.

I agree Tyra's clothes have been eye-burning at panel. But her hair ... good lord. That's the real topper. (Pun intended.) It would be funny to see Kelly wearing Tyra's clothing and hair. At least Miss J has a sense of style, one I can appreciate anyway.

• Love 3

I feel bad for Mirjana.  Her whole being seems to depend on being with a man all the time.  And it says a lot about Chantelle that I would rather have Mirjana there than her.  Chantelle was so full of it at the judging.  People don't have a problem with your skin or the wall you supposedly put up, honey.  It's your shitty attitude that is the problem.  You seem really full of yourself and I don't know why.

I agree on Mirjana. She can't even handle being away at a competition for a little while?  She "has" a man, but can't handle not being physically with him every second?  No way she'd make it in the modeling industry unless she outgrows that, or can find a bunch of men who aren't boyfriends but willing to act like one for a few days/weeks, so it's probably best that she went home.  She did seem to have a better attitude than Chantelle though.

I think Chantelle is pretty and I think her skin looks really interesting but yes, her attitude is horrible.

Also, I feel like, this season, it's extra-obvious somehow that the judging scale goes from 6-10 in order to create the illusion that the contestants are actually doing well. In reality, a lot of them are just scoring 1-3 on a five-point scale, and that seems like a more accurate reflection of their performance.

I liked the funny-looking gloves, but they had nothing to do with condoms or HIV-awareness.

Ah that is a perfect description of the scoring. I was trying to figure out why it was bugging me so much that a 6 seemed to be the new low score. I suppose there's also the added bonus that if a judge does throw out a 0 it's extra dramatic.

I liked the gloves too and thought some of the models did interesting things with the gloves and feathers, but about halfway through watching the shoot I remembered it was supposed to be a condom/HIV awareness thing and was scratching my head trying to see the connection.

• Love 1

Chantelle's stank attitude almost made me feel sorry for Mirjana being sent home! The photo challenge in the slaughterhouse was hilarious especially Raelia posing with her back to the camera, Adam trying to scare the monsters, and Will being completely unfazed by the zombie woman grabbing at him. I think Raelia is not long for this competition, and am guessing she will be eliminated next. The photos this week are hideous. I don't understand why they have the superimpose two photos together, they look so low-budget! Is the final 7 this cycle the most ethically diverse of the series' history? Only Will and Lennox are white. Maybe Tyra really wants a non-white winner after so many cycles of blonde winners since the social media voting started?

• Love 1

I suppose there's also the added bonus that if a judge does throw out a 0 it's extra dramatic.

But remember, giving a 0 is totally against the rules, according to Tyra!!  I wonder if Her Tyness is saving the 0 for when she has to break the rules.  Because sometimes modeling is about breaking the rules. 

• Love 9

I can't really fault Chantelle's attitude much. Yeah she's arrogant and obviously shameless in her own self satisfaction and ego... and so have most of the working models to come out of Top Model, which currently includes Chantelle. Most of the rest of the models here are too delicate, too sensitive, too shy and too anxious, good qualities in the 'good guy' side of a reality TV show narrative, horrible qualities in a high pressure highly critical self promotion based industry.

This show is a hot mess, but I do like that Miss J returned.

One thing I miss is the teaches. On every Cycle, there was one episode about runway walks and a challenge. Miss J would take over an episode. Now Miss J gives a challenge winner and one or two of his or her friends runway lessons.

I thought this would change with J's return.

I like Raelia. Her legs are stunning, but what the hell was with her standing with her back to the camera in that challenge? I'd understand the confusion on the first shot, but for 7 or 8 shots? Damn.

Lenox is the most editorial of the models, but I'm growing tired of her attitude and whininess.

Count me in as another viewer who can't take her eyes off Will. I think he's gorgeous. While he's a bit too tall to model, he has a dancer's body. I don't know why he was getting crap for it.

Also, Adam's grown on me a bit. He looks much, much better with short hair. I hope he has kept it short.

I like Shei. I think she's coming into her own. She should have won this week's challenge.

I think Shei and Adam look pretty hot together.

Keith doesn't wow me. He needs to let go more. He's a little stiff.

Not surprised Mirjana is gone. I thought she showed the most maturity when she was sent home. She didn't cry, complain, or trash talk anyone. I hope she straightens out her life.

I don't know why they bring back eliminated contestants. Why drag this crap out? Chantelle doesn't bother me too much. I had forgotten about her. Except for the vitiligo. I'm not going to pretend I know what that feels like, but boy, does the symmetry enthrall me. Didn't Tyra say something similar in the first episode?

I feel guilty about commenting on her skin when it's obvious that having vitiligo caused her grief as a child, but at the same time, I can't pretend it doesn't exist and isn't a factor. Tyra exploits it.

From what I've read here, Chantelle has landed modeling gigs and this is a good thing. I wonder how much the vitiligo limits her, even with her appearance on the show.

It's always been my impression that modeling agencies frown upon aspiring models who go the reality show route. The reality shows are for finding personalities not real models.

Edited by Surrealist

I would just like to understand what is the point of a contestant returning to the competition besides television exposure? They can't possibly win the competition. The comeback contestant returns without any challenge or panel scores, and the winner is determined by the average of all episode scores. Leila, who clearly the best model that season, lost to Laura and she was only gone for 3 weeks. Chantelle has been gone what? 5 weeks? It's asinine to bring back a contestant at this point, their average is already destroyed. It's not as if Chantelle was particularly worth bringing back in any case.

• Love 3

The English language continues to be a challenge for Raelia.

Chantelle continues to be kind of annoying and frankly... coasting on her skin condition.  Yes, she's had a tough life. That doesn't make her magically inspirational or an interesting or good model.  Or even a good person.  The show is trying like hell to play her as an outcast/victim/comeback story.  But most of what's coming through is the very opposite.

She may have walked out surprisingly calmly, but I still think Mirjana was utterly stank to the very end. Any respect I had for her left the building too long ago for me to feel anything other than glee at her leaving.

Adam is kind of a Manchild, but it seems mostly a harmless one.

Lenox is even more of a dimwit than I thought.  I think she might have a point about Chantele, but Miss Lenox played right into the show putting her in the worst possible bitchy light.  The way she phrased things in the talking heads was likely the result of the usual leading questions... but she didn't even seem to try to couch it to sound less bitchy.

Shei was robbed.

Kelly does seem to have it in for her. Edited by Kromm
  • Love 4

The photo challenge in the slaughterhouse was hilarious especially Raelia posing with her back to the camera, Adam trying to scare the monsters, and Will being completely unfazed by the zombie woman grabbing at him.

That was my favorite part of the episode, TBH. I love it when the show legit makes fun of the hamsters. That's why I miss those runway teaches at the panel where they were made to wear ridiculous heels or spontaneously inhibit some ridiculous characters. Those were so much more entertaining than boring cheap photoshoots. I appreciate when ANTM at least tried to have some sort of fashion shoots in the past but the hamsters this season really have the short end of the stick w.r.t. photoshoots. These are the cheapest and trashiest shoots among all the seasons. Poor kids.

I've such a soft spot for Adam. Him trying to scare the monsters was hilarious because that's what I do too in House of Horrors. I don't know him personally but I feel like he likes to put on this party boy persona but no one really knows his true personality. He definitely has a crush on Shei.

Edited by waving feather
  • Love 1
Spoiler

It looks like next week will be a "very special episode" where Adam's Party Boy ways of drinking will be addressed and, most likely, fixed by a Tyravention.

Short legs aside, I think that Adam could lose a few.  And it has to be because of his drinking.  I wonder if tyra will use that angle?

And Miss J's hair was 1980's? Really? It was one white  streak away from Bride of Frankenstein, which would have fit in with the first photo shoot...and Halloween.

You must be young because Miss J is doing http://content9.flixster.com/photo/13/49/57/13495763_ori.jpg Kid n Play

• Love 1

I could not understand the goal of this challenge but it was hilarious to watch. Raelia took half the shots not facing the camera even when they were shouting at her to turn around. It cracked me up! Adam and Will made me laugh too.

Adam is a nice guy deep down but somehow he wants to hide this by being a party boy tool. I have found him to be quite sensitive and caring to the other contestants. Very strange how he desperately wants to come across as a tool. Usually it is the other way round. Tyra might have plans for him.

Shei has grown on me so much.

• Love 4

The comeback contestant returns without any challenge or panel scores, and the winner is determined by the average of all episode scores.

Maybe they have them do the challenge, too, who knows.  Or they could just give them an "average" score for the ones they didn't complete.  It would be easy enough for the judges to score their photos on the same mysterious and nonsensical criteria they use to score everybody else.  Lenox is the one who is really screwed, because that 1 Tyra gave her for no particular reason could be the difference between her winning and losing if she gets to the final.  Let's say she got a "normal" low score (6), and she loses by less than 5 points.  I would be super pissed.

I don't think fairness is really any kind of factor on this show, though, LOL.  It's basically whatever Her Tyness wants. 

• Love 3

Miss Jay's mentioning his losses to AIDS/HIV was a real moment- first actual emotion of the season.

I think he said "mates" not "roomates".

I think Tyra has done makeup before, like she's done photography .... it's her show and these are her monkeys.

• Love 1

The best part of this show for me was the reminder that yes, kids, HIV/AIDS is still a thing, and as silly as it may sound to say, "No Glove, No Love" is still a valid statement in 2014. I was saddened to learn how many people Miss J lost to AIDS.

Tied to that:

And Miss J's hair was 1980's? Really? It was one white  sttreak away from Bride of Frankenstein, which would have fit in with the first photo shoot...and Halloween.

THANK YOU. I came of age in the 80s -- I was part of the ORIGINAL MTV Generation -- and I was like, which 80s are you referring to, Tyra? The 1780s?

Because I am old, I can say that this:

You must be young because Miss J is doing Kid n Play

is completely incorrect. First off, that was KID. Play is a separate person. Secondly, Miss J was not wearing a true high-top fade. The shape was more trapezoidal than rectangular.

She asked Mirjana if leaving had something to do with Denzel, then said 'I hope not, cos we don't get down about a boy.'  I guess I had a bit of a problem with this because Tyra was trying to be all girl-power but the fact of the matter is, Mirjana is 18 years old and she liked a guy and she was sad that it was over. Being emotionally scattered about that doesn't make her less of a FIERCE WOMAN. 

Perhaps, but it does make her too immature for this competition and frankly for much of life. Yeah, you can be sad, but at some point you have to wipe those tears, put on some concealer, and get your ass back to WORK. And I'm saying this as someone who was all ready to root for Mirjana, blaccent and all, before she/the producers started this silliness with Denzel. I do think she's gorgeous and I hope to see her modeling in a few years when she's grown up a little.

As for the rest of these hamsters, the only one I'm still kinda-sorta rooting for is Shei. It's a competition, she's a competitor, and that's that, no bullshit. Too bad she probably won't win because Tyra's GOT to have a boy win this year. Thing is, both Adam and Will are beautiful -- got to agree with Tyra on that one -- but they're both at the extremes re height, am I right? So that leaves Keith, who has been boring me to tears most shoots.

I keep forgetting when this damn show comes on...

• Love 5
Adam is a nice guy deep down but somehow he wants to hide this by being a party boy tool. I have found him to be quite sensitive and caring to the other contestants. Very strange how he desperately wants to come across as a tool. Usually it is the other way round. Tyra might have plans for him.

She had definitely been hyping Adam since Day 1, (And granted, he is impriving, but not enough to warrant the attention Tyra gives him. I think maybe she does have a little bit of a thing for him...

The judginjg system continues to mystify me. To this non-math person, it seems like the judges votes are totally arbitrary, and just designed to make sure that they counterbalance the "Social Media" score (which is given WAY too much power) to achieve Tyra's desired outcome. (As in the episode where Lenox got the "1" because Tyra KNEW that no-one was going home since Romeo got booted.)

• Love 1

Oh, Tyra is always helping out by adjusting scores in judging. And she's been praising Adam to high heaven for a few weeks now. I'm just surprised it took her this long to get to the drinking problem and stage an intervention. Actually, it probably should've come up long before this because they're ALL drinking a lot it seems, and that just makes you puffy at your shoot the next day. I remember an episode of Janice Dickinson's show where she blasted all of her models for daring to drink cocktails at a cocktail party because they were all puffy the following day. They were like, "But it's a cocktail party with free booze…" and she was all "IF YOU WANT TO BE A WORKING MODEL YOU DO AS I COMMAND."

I love when Tyra insists on doing their makeup. And she even chimed in on the coaching during the shoot for good measure. Pretty soon we'll get her photo shoot, too. Although to be fair, sometimes Tyra's shoots come out really well. She knows how to work a camera from both sides.

• Love 2

I'm really digging this season.  Part I was like The Real World, but less annoying than that show has become.  Part II so far...I like everyone, and they have an old-school villain in Chantelle.  The dividing line, of course, is the demise of Mirjana/Denzel.  I'm shocked she left, though, because I thought she'd get a redemption arc.  That said, I'm ready for them to pick a winner already.  They need to streamline this show, imho.

I don't know whether or not Adam is a model, but I like looking at him.  He needs to not flip so much, though, if he's going to make a living off his body.  

Will's probably in trouble now that his arc is drawing to a close.  He's empowered, his parents love him...what else is left?  Mirjana was swiftly kicked out after her storyline ended, he should take note.

I thought they'd made comments about his stomach before, but with that- I'm finding it interesting they're not shy about airing comments about the guys and their bodies, but I've not heard anything about the women.  Not in several cycles, far as I can recall.  Is male modeling less forgiving about physical flaws?

The photo shoot...add me to the list of those mystified by the connection between HIV/AIDS and those photos (random thought- if they're riffing on prior seasons, why not do it intentionally and just reshoot themes they've done before?).  I also can't help but feel like...the whole first part of the season was about drowning these kids in liquor and watching for hookups.  It's kind of odd to me to take a moment now for STD prevention.  

I thought they'd made comments about his stomach before, but with that- I'm finding it interesting they're not shy about airing comments about the guys and their bodies, but I've not heard anything about the women.  Not in several cycles, far as I can recall.  Is male modeling less forgiving about physical flaws?

I'd say it's more that TV audiences have become less forgiving of harsh judgements on women's appearances and telling a 130 lb waif she needs to be 115 lbs isn't kosher, even if it's basically true to the industry. But male modeling is really harsh, I knew a guy who modeled in Milan between 17 and 22 and he went in about 170 and left around 135 and left because he was still being hounded to lose weight after his hair started thinning and he went impotent from crash dieting(and being constantly insulted for being too gay to model). But the reality for male modeling is you'll want as low a body fat % as possible, preferable under 5%, and from the looks of it Will is probably 10+% while Keith and Adam are probably closer to 5%(though Adam has his own issue with bloating and puffiness from drinking too much, but that is something relatively easy to take care of). Now pretty much any contestant on the show ever would need to lose weight and gain muscle definition to really model. Which isn't shocking, being in high fashion modeling shape is like being in bodybuilding competition shape: it requires you to dedicate your life to it, is hella difficult to maintain and extremely unhealthy to keep up.

Overall I really liked this photoshoot, though I preferred the non-doubled photos everyone took more.

I didn't really get the huge praise for Chantelle's. Her skin tone calls for higher contrasts and the 'whites' in that shoot were more beige, so everything kind of blended into a beige blur. But her poses were good.

Mirjana's non-doubled photo is acceptable but weak, her double was just hilariously bad. Seriously she's shoving her cakes at the camera and no one wants to know the flavor.

I really liked both of Adam's, strong use of his body and out of all the guys on the last two seasons of the show he fills out underwear the most like a underwear model. His best photo by far at this point.

Lennox's were kind of surprising, for as much whining as she's done in the past about being sexual suddenly she's effortlessly making out with herself while topless. But they didn't really wow me, they felt a bit flat.

Keith's were just bad. Not Mirjana bad but plenty bad.

Will's was also really bad, especially the double photo which made me laugh when it popped in.

Shei's was ridiculously good, better without the double but the double didn't hurt it nearly as much as most's. I think they all just lost their minds judging that one because it's the first real 10 photo all season for me and justifies Shei's awful makeover.

Raelia's wasn't good, though I feel they intentionally jabbed her on the fan score since her single shot is her weak wingless pose while her relatively strong winged pose is the double(everyone else got their winged shot as their social media photo).

Edited by snakenax
  • Love 3
Lennox's were kind of surprising, for as much whining as she's done in the past about being sexual suddenly she's effortlessly making out with herself while topless. But they didn't really wow me, they felt a bit flat.

That was awesome.  Girl won't twerk with Miss J or act sexy when Tyra wants her to.  But on an actual photo shoot seems like she might be fine, though the promo for next week makes me wonder if she stays that way.

Edited by phoenix780
  • Love 1

I forgot to record the show for the second week in a row. Now I can't wait to watch it just to see what Tyra is wearing. This is the worst she's ever looked at panel. She's looked ridiculous many times before, but this season she's just so lo-budget. What the hell happened?

Yo. Tyra wore giant pirate head scarves and like bathrobes for cycle seven so I respectfully disagree.

I think it's nice that they are only allowing one villain at a time to get highlighted this season. Mirjana took over for Romeo and Chantelle is taking over for Mirjana. Granted, I think Mirjana and Romeo are probably truly awful people in real life and didn't need much of an edit to look like an asshole. I think that they are trying really hard to pigeon hole Chantelle into filling that role because everyone else right now is pretty inoffensive. I feel like they had to pick someone at this point and she is probably the best bet. 

Uh....oh yeah the rest: Photo shoot was stupid. Challenge was stupid. I could stare at Shei all day. She is beautiful even with that stupid hair. 

I still am not enjoying this season at all.  I'm glad to be rid of the RW-like drama Denzel and Mirjana brought, but still most of these models do nothing for me and the photo shoots have been boring, idiotic and low-rent.  I never thought I'd say it, but I wish they would ditch the guys and go back to just females.  They also need to get rid of social media.  I know Tyra has always had an agenda in who she wanted to win, but somehow the show just didn't seem so blatantly "fake" before.  Remember the "good ole days" when the judging panel would spend time looking at each photo after the hamsters left the stage and discussed what they liked/didn't like and then decided who to send home? 

I miss that...

Will's story sounded familiar and now I'm wondering if he ever tried out for So You Think You can Dance. There was a male dancer a few years back whose father was a football coach and had trouble accepting his son as a dancer (don't recall if being gay was also a part of the storyline).  I remember liking the dancer, but he didn't make it onto the show.  When I googled Will Jardell and SYTYCD, I got nothing, so perhaps it was someone else...

At this point, he's kind of the only one I care for.  I want to like Lennox, but I can't.  I sometimes like Shei, but I haven't found her photos great.  I haven't found anyone's photos to be great, but I think that's more an issue of the photo shoots themselves. Oddly, I don't care for Adam at all.  I don't care for his body, his face or his personality.  But I don't really like "big" guys anyway.

I'll see this season through, but if things don't change, I think I'm done with this series. It's barely snark-worthy anymore.

• Love 1

I was missing the connection between the actual photoshoot and contraceptive awareness. The pictures with a leather / feather glove were not conveying the message for me at all. 

Seriously. When they introduced it, I figured it would be a shoot for some kind of AIDS/condom related campaign. Nope. Just fancy feathery gauntlets and weird "self-love" doubling. Also concur that most of the photos were better without the double.

Tyra, please stop with the skinny jeans.  I say this as someone who is also plus-sized... that was not a good look!

I've come to the realization that who looks good in skinny jeans and who doesn't is completely arbitrary and unpredictable. I know a woman who has a similar sort of silhouette, I think, as Tyra, but who looks fantastic in skinny jeans. My mother also manages to rock them. I look atrocious in skinny jeans, as do various other people of various shapes and sizes. Tyra apparently also does. I can find no rhyme or reason in it.

Miss Jay's mentioning his losses to AIDS/HIV was a real moment- first actual emotion of the season.

I think he said "mates" not "roomates".

I also thought he said "former mates" rather than "four roommates," but who knows. Regardless, it's pretty damn sad how many people he's lost.

I don't know whether or not Adam is a model, but I like looking at him.  He needs to not flip so much, though, if he's going to make a living off his body. 

Not to mention his face. I totally expected him to end up with some kind of mark after landing right on his face like that. Seems like a highly ill-advised activity for someone in that profession.

ANTM has, officially, lost its sense of self. Granted, things started to get kind of wonky when we hit cycles 10 - 12, but 20 and 21, respectively, take the cake.

As other people have mentioned, I miss the days when a bunch of self-styled Hollywoodites sat around a cheap Ikea table and argued about the girls they liked. Too bad André Leon Talley couldn't have been a more permanent figure - he was the best thing to have ever farted in Tyra's direction.

Chantelle's presence in the house has obviously ruffled some peoples' feathers, but I don't think it warranted the bitch reaction Lennox spewed from her nostrils or the pinched sarcasm of Shei. Was Mirjana present in this episode? Now that her slave, Denzel, has been shipped off to somewhere, she's completely unrecognizable. I doubt that her mansecurity issues will disappear when she gets older - I bet they'll only increase in ferocity by the time she's 55, fat, bloated, and on a round of post-menopausal medications to control her hot flashes. Ech.

While I am aware of how heavily edited these shows are, Lennox was sure giving the producers too much bile for that to have been a collection of snarky comments smashed together into one. I've never particularly liked Lennox, and I now kind of see why. She strikes me as vindictive, and on the contrary to how she wants to demonize Chantelle, I find her to be the one who is arrogant. She's like those annoying clique girls who went to school with me. Thankfully, I never came under their wrath, but I found them to be a bit self-satisfying and egotistical to a point. I give her credit, though, for having a pair of eyes that are the color of the sky in the spring, freshly washed by rain, and a curtain of oak brown hair that reminds me of an Edwarian princess. She's beautiful, but her attitude reminds me of an ill-tempered cat - nice one minute, might scratch your hand the next.

I love how life does things to people with their kids. Will looks like his father, just add about a foot and a dash of gay and there you have it! His parents seem cute, just a little confused and way out of their comfort zone. They all seem rather shy to an extent, even his football coach dad, so I'm not surprised if he was kind of withdrawn growing up. They don't look like they ever had problems with Will's sexuality; I can bet they probably had a feeling something was up by the time he was 12. No secret there.

I have come to the conclusion Adam is a really nice guy (really!) who is covering up his personality by acting like a frat bro and being toolish to the extreme. When we witness his TH's, his eyes are kind, and he doesn't have that twisted, testosterone-fueled look most toolish dudes sport. Some of his comments about home give me the idea he's, grudingly, trying to live up to this perfect brother - who probably went to school a gazillion times and has a bunch of degrees and is working in some Fortune 500 company as I speak. His parents would hate my guts, because I'd encourage him to live a little, and explore other fields, other than what he said he was doing (some sort of mathematics-based stuff) and not let them pressure him to be a clone of his brother.

• Love 1