Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

It is still more factual than the National Inquirer. 

We will agree to disagree ;)

10 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

You know what the difference is?

Bethenny is talking about facts. She is telling the story of her upbringing and her experiences - the things she saw, what she went through, what happened to her. I think it is entirely germaine to a show that is about her life.

Bernadette, on the other hand, is simply venting. She hurls insults, makes dismissive, resentful, derogatory comments, and she engages in name calling. She long ago passed the point of simply explaining her side of things. At this point her vitriolic comments appear designed primarily to besmirch her daughter's character. Whether her intention is to distract from her own culpability or to undermine Bethenny's credibility (or both) I can't say, but the upshot is Bernadette doesn't have the facts on her side so she is making personal attacks on Bethenny about things that have nothing to do with her.

I don't understand how Bethenny has no right to talk about the situations she was actually subjected to as a child but the things Bernadette says can be written off as "clapping back" when the situations she comments on have absolutely NOTHING to do with her. It seems like an incredibly unfair double standard to me.

I haven't watched the show from the start, and don't know the whole story between Beth and her mom, but the bolded part made me think of Bethenny's attack on Luann in the Berkshires. Unfortunately, I think Bethenny picked up some of her mother's ways.  I hope she is able to break the cycle with Brynn.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

I haven't watched the show from the start, and don't know the whole story between Beth and her mom, but the bolded part made me think of Bethenny's attack on Luann in the Berkshires. Unfortunately, I think Bethenny picked up some of her mother's ways.  I hope she is able to break the cycle with Brynn.

Without a doubt, Bernadette is a piece of work but Bethenny is much like her mother. IMO, both have poison tipped tongues and neither can let things be unsaid. I have to wonder what kind of childhood Bernadette had to make her like she is.

• Love 8

Bethenny came out of the gate saying-she didn’t have parents/doesn’t have parents. Jill said she thought B was an orphan. Knowing the backstory of her family somewhat through racehorse connections, I was like WHAAAAA? Girl had parents. Parents with issues but jeeeeez  it was the 70’s our moms were prescribed downers and red wine to relax during pregnancy and cigs were allowed! It was a different time. Her parents did the best they could do. They provided her with health access, a work ethic, pets, her lavish sweet 16, extended family, a godmother,  an elite private school education and even if they were the shittiest parents to walk the planet they provided a priveledged start by any measure around the globe. she drove me batty from the get go. 

I also believe she inherited $$$$$ from her dad, and he bankrolled her on and off her whole life, she eulogized him, and called him despicable names on TV/Scary Island days later. 

Poor little orphan my ass. Her hustle/work ethic is her father and her hysterics and food & alcohol issues are her mother. Her relationship issues are both. She’s destined to repeat it ALL without significant help. 

It was reported In 2011 she and her Mom hadn’t spoken in ten years due to Bethenny crashing her Moms car and not apologizing and the resulting exchange of words.

B crafts her story. The guy this week? Bernt? She did hire a President, and he is credited as President BB Endeavors onscreen  but I doubt he is President of her company as he is the president of HIS own company representing many . President and CEO Star Branding LLC . I loved how her eyes fluttered in the TH when she said she’s hired a President . Loss of eye contact = deception. 

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • Love 10

Many parents have issues and aren't good at parenting.

Many children have problems and aren't good at being a child.

When a child with problems has a parent with issues:

Reality TV

17 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I also believe she inherited $$$$$ from her dad, and he bankrolled her on and off her whole life, she eulogized him, and called him despicable names on TV/Scary Island days later. 

That’s a matter of record.  She did not inherit.  The majority of the money went to his employees since his feather meant that they were all unemployed.  The will and trust documents were all public after probate but even before that the individuals at his stables were pretty upfront with media.  

She did get bankrolled on and off for a large part of her life.  She’s said that before.  But that ended when she headed back to NYC, and in his mind to her stepfather.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I will never believe B got nothing until I see it.

I’ll never believe a man that wouldn’t let her visit as he was dying gave her a dime.  So there we are.

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, Higgins said:

Why should we believe her that he  wouldn't let her visit.

I feel confident he would have allowed her visit... without cameras. IMHO. RF was a very private person.  It was reported he would not allow her visit, but In the end, in fact did allow it and saw her.  Assuming off camera because we didn’t see footage it was during the filming season just before the Scary Island trip. I feel Bethenny would have filmed it as she did with her stepfather if she could have. 

• Love 3

Somebody communicated to her that her father was end of life and, if I remember correctly, she went to LA. She must have had contact with someone and she made the trip. At what point did he turn her away? 

On 4/14/2018 at 3:20 PM, LIMOM said:

While, it would have been lovely for Bernadette to take the high road, she had a right to clap back after a while.

Bethenny exposed all of her secrets for public consumption without a care for her mother, father, stepfather’s reputation.

Beth will regret it one day. And she really, really need to make peace with her past for her to be able to live her best life, imo.

And I for one, can see that she is becoming her mother.

I doubt she'll regret it. Her mother is toxic. Letting go of toxic people has been the best thing I've ever done in my life. My only regrets have been after letting them back in and I'm dealing with the fallout from their behavior.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Higgins said:

Somebody communicated to her that her father was end of life and, if I remember correctly, she went to LA. She must have had contact with someone and she made the trip. At what point did he turn her away? 

Her father called her. It was covered in S3 I believe. This link discusses it somewhat. https://starcasm.net/archives/41774

ETA: S3 Leap Before You Look http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/photos/leap-before-you-look/item/9452586

14 and 28 minute mark roughly....

It's a great ep I always appreciate how crazy Ramona mothers Bethenny and she gives her great advice here. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Her father called her. It was covered in S3 I believe. This link discusses it somewhat. https://starcasm.net/archives/41774

ETA: S3 Leap Before You Look http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/photos/leap-before-you-look/item/9452586

It's a great ep I always appreciate how crazy Ramona mothers Bethenny and she gives her great advice here. 

Just had to post a TY for this -- loved it.  I should be working but instead -- good times!

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

So, he didn't turn her away but, in fact, reached out to her.

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 4

I have to say some time ago Alonzo Mosely FBI, enlightened me to the Bethenny and Bobby Frankel situation in a pm.  The resources she cited were impeccable, down to photos of Bobby Frankel's Pacific Palisades house even the sale price.  She knows her business when it comes to the horse world and the players.  I wish I would have saved the pm as I do believe Bethenny did inherit and given the pre-nup, which was pre Skinnygirl success, I do think Bethenny was protecting assets.  I realize inheritance is separate but if it gets commingled it is a horse of a different color so to speak.

I keep reading Bernadette was an abuser.  I believe what made Bethenny's story about her growing up less than sympathetic, is she showed no compassion for the beatings her mother sustained.  Meeting up with her former step-father who apparently got physical with Bethenny as an adult was just strange.  She mentioned the idea of meeting up with her stepfather and Bryn  to Jason once and he nixed the idea.  I thought her stepfather was a thug-prattling on and on about how awful Bernadette was and is.  Then all of a sudden Bethenny is making arrangements to introduce Bryn to Bernadette and Bernadette suggests including John?  When Bethenny wrote her earlier books she said her mother made her feel very special.  

Last year Bethenny annihilated her step father when he asked if she would like to attend her step-sister's wedding.  http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/bethenny-frankel-stepfather-john-parisella-feud-141107  I guess he was good enough for camera time but not so much afterwards.  This is a man she wanted to introduce her daughter to?

Like many people it seems Bethenny has wildly different recollections about her childhood.  Just my opinion but I do believe Bethenny should have let her family have their privacy.  She was estranged from her mother since she was 30 years old.  Her mother did try and reach out when Bethenny was pregnantand ironically got Carole Hoppy on the phone.  It is just my opinion but I do believe Bethenny should have given her family their privacy.  Bernadette, if in fact she had or has an eating disorder really shouldn't be up to public consumption.  There are certainly significant inconsistencies in this family's stories.

• Love 6

somebody on twitter asked andy cohen if frankel was pregnant, from this photo.

wtf?  only a sunken belly registers as normal anymore? anything else is pregnancy?

frankel p.jpg

Edited by film noire
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, film noire said:

wtf?  only a sunken belly registers as normal anymore? anything else is pregnancy?

These same people saw her 5 days before getting IV fluids at Urgent Care during a pretty scared case of food poisoning.  Then saw her talking about the dark circles/iron deficiency fall out, the fact that food poisoning puts you in a skeletal state - so this is what it looks like when you start eating semi normal.  It’s called bloat.  Man we really are in a world where perfection is the norm.

I say she should have done a Kardasian on the pic and photoshopped it out of reality.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, film noire said:

frankel p.jpg

I think it would be bordering on miraculous if Bethenny who is in her 48th year is pregnant.  I think she just looks normal and quite dapper in her coral red and white.

• Love 6
16 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Do people really only have mirrors in their bathrooms?  All these inane selfies taken in bathrooms.  I hate selfies period.

Oh, and get off my lawn while you're at it.

Was this on her instagram page? I don't see it there now so maybe she removed it?

I'm glad that I'm not the only one baffled by this Instagram Selfie thing. 

The word "Selfie" is just annoying IMO.

I love to see pics of people with their families, pets etc. "Selfies" I do not get.  OK, they are understandable if you are doing something interesting.  Posing in front of your new house, I get that. Holding the award that you just received for volunteerism, fine.

"Here's Me Just Standing Here In a Bathroom, looking at myself in the mirror".

In a bathroom?

What makes people think that this would be interesting to anyone except maybe their mom? 

Even so, if I posted a selfie of me in my bathroom, no matter how glamorous I may look,  my mom would just make a comment about how my towels were  hanging improperly or my brand of soap has been known to cause dry skin.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 20
On 4/16/2018 at 11:56 PM, zoeysmom said:

I have to say some time ago Alonzo Mosely FBI, enlightened me to the Bethenny and Bobby Frankel situation in a pm.  The resources she cited were impeccable, down to photos of Bobby Frankel's Pacific Palisades house even the sale price.  She knows her business when it comes to the horse world and the players.  I wish I would have saved the pm as I do believe Bethenny did inherit and given the pre-nup, which was pre Skinnygirl success, I do think Bethenny was protecting assets.  I realize inheritance is separate but if it gets commingled it is a horse of a different color so to speak.

I keep reading Bernadette was an abuser.  I believe what made Bethenny's story about her growing up less than sympathetic, is she showed no compassion for the beatings her mother sustained.  Meeting up with her former step-father who apparently got physical with Bethenny as an adult was just strange.  She mentioned the idea of meeting up with her stepfather and Bryn  to Jason once and he nixed the idea.  I thought her stepfather was a thug-prattling on and on about how awful Bernadette was and is.  Then all of a sudden Bethenny is making arrangements to introduce Bryn to Bernadette and Bernadette suggests including John?  When Bethenny wrote her earlier books she said her mother made her feel very special.  

Last year Bethenny annihilated her step father when he asked if she would like to attend her step-sister's wedding.  http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/bethenny-frankel-stepfather-john-parisella-feud-141107  I guess he was good enough for camera time but not so much afterwards.  This is a man she wanted to introduce her daughter to?

Like many people it seems Bethenny has wildly different recollections about her childhood.  Just my opinion but I do believe Bethenny should have let her family have their privacy.  She was estranged from her mother since she was 30 years old.  Her mother did try and reach out when Bethenny was pregnantand ironically got Carole Hoppy on the phone.  It is just my opinion but I do believe Bethenny should have given her family their privacy.  Bernadette, if in fact she had or has an eating disorder really shouldn't be up to public consumption.  There are certainly significant inconsistencies in this family's stories.

2 things:

1- Alonzo Moseley FBI is a She? 

2- If Beth had been out of her father’s will, we will all know about it. She would have carried on and on and on, and would have bitched on how her father did her wrong, once again.

So, even though, I don’t know her personally, I am inclined to believe that she received her inheritance.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, stewedsquash said:

Haha, I felt the same way when I realized @RHJunkie was a she and (I think I have this right) @lunastartron is a he. I always thought Moseley was a she. Funny how posts "read" as far as he/she.

Yeah, if b had been left out of the will, everyone would know.

Now I’m confused.  I thought they were all women!  Who are the dudes?  I’m not naming who I think it is because I don’t want to offend someone!

• Love 1

The answer to this CDAN blind item was revealed to be Beth...

This former assistant turned reality star turned multiple reality star for a certain cable channel is trying to sell another show based on an upcoming wedding. She can fake date her way through anything if it will give her a ten episode order.

• Love 3
On 4/18/2018 at 9:49 AM, LIMOM said:

2 things:

1- Alonzo Moseley FBI is a She? 

2- If Beth had been out of her father’s will, we will all know about it. She would have carried on and on and on, and would have bitched on how her father did her wrong, once again.

So, even though, I don’t know her personally, I am inclined to believe that she received her inheritance.

Hahaha the funny thing about this is the real Alonzo Mosley FBI, a fumbling wanna-be bad-ass FBI agent character in the best movie on earth, Midnight Run, is that someone steals his badge and he has a hilarious identity crisis:  "I'M Mosley!" 

And you're right on #2. We don't hear her bitch about her dad anymore and how he never helped her. Enough proof for me!

• Love 6
43 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Hahaha the funny thing about this is the real Alonzo Mosley FBI, a fumbling wanna-be bad-ass FBI agent character in the best movie on earth, Midnight Run, is that someone steals his badge and he has a hilarious identity crisis:  "I'M Mosley!" 

And you're right on #2. We don't hear her bitch about her dad anymore and how he never helped her. Enough proof for me!

Gotcha! 

That movie is bomb! Truly funny. 

Thanks for explaining. 

• Love 2
On April 18, 2018 at 3:46 PM, stewedsquash said:

Haha, I felt the same way when I realized @RHJunkie was a she and (I think I have this right) @lunastartron is a he. I always thought Moseley was a she. Funny how posts "read" as far as he/she.

Yeah, if b had been left out of the will, everyone would know.

Yes, @stewedsquash, you indeed have that right ? 

I failed to consider initially that the obvious contraction for my screen name of choice is "Luna," which, of course, connotes female; at the time I selected it way back in the TWOP days, I literally just went with the first username that occurred to me. 

• Love 4

Who is she going to marry?

According to the comments, the upcoming wedding refers to Prince Harry/Meghan Markle, with Beth's connection being that she's trying to sell a show with Markle's ex, whom Beth supposedly dated/is dating. It's confusing, I know.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, stewedsquash said:

Okay apparently the show is this:

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/bethenny-frankel-i-dated-meghan-markles-ex-trevor-engelson/

That blind item really made it into a "game of telephone" item, didn't it? 

Oh Good Grief, 1 date doesn't equating to "dating", most people just say they went out once, not that they "dated". She sounds like Sonja, Madonna went to her fashion show because Madonna walked past the FS venue. LOL

• Love 11
2 hours ago, QuinnM said:

Good grief, she was supposed to go out, they met once and suddenly this is dating and they are calling him an ex?  US Mag is the Daily Mail equivelent.  

US Mag has gone downhill ever since it was bought out. It is now published by American Media which does the National Enquirer.  

• Love 2
22 hours ago, jaync said:

According to the comments, the upcoming wedding refers to Prince Harry/Meghan Markle, with Beth's connection being that she's trying to sell a show with Markle's ex, whom Beth supposedly dated/is dating. It's confusing, I know.

Wait so the blind is she's trying to sell a 10 show series about dating Markle's ex one time ??? 

• Love 2

Im getting SUPER fucking pissed at Beth. she is in PR, and keeps showing videos of homeless dogs and says she will bring one (or more) if anyone makes a firm commitment.  What the fuck Beth? Contact a rescue! Start your own Skinny Dogs! hit up Vamderlump!

Load up your private plane with them!! I cant even look at any of the videos knowing she is just going to leave them there to probably die.  What a fucking monster.  Its one thing to ignore the problem if ypu dont see it...but u r RIGHT THERE, filming them...dozens of them

fuck you

• Love 5
42 minutes ago, Christi said:

Im getting SUPER fucking pissed at Beth. she is in PR, and keeps showing videos of homeless dogs and says she will bring one (or more) if anyone makes a firm commitment.  What the fuck Beth? Contact a rescue! Start your own Skinny Dogs! hit up Vamderlump!

Ok, so she flew Delta down there.  She does not have a private plane.  How many dogs to you think she and one other person can bring back on Delta?  She insta’d the two puppies were unwanted and is bringing them back because she had a firm commitment from people.  She took them to a vet and is now trying to arrange getting them on Delta.  

But as she said the people are where the money goes. Vanderpump?  Really is she cared she should fly down there and rescue some dogs. And hey, if this is so upsetting to you get involved.  I’m sure there are agencies that would love your money or your volunteer effort.  

It’s very easy to sit and judge.  It’s harder to care enough to do something.

• Love 13
49 minutes ago, Christi said:

Load up your private plane with them!! I cant even look at any of the videos knowing she is just going to leave them there to probably die.  What a fucking monster.  Its one thing to ignore the problem if ypu dont see it...but u r RIGHT THERE, filming them...dozens of them

fuck you

She can't save the world.

• Love 10