Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

(edited)

"...Bethenny Frankel will be given the Reality Royalty Award at the June 5, MTV Movie & TV Awards: Unscripted, Variety can announce. The Reality Royalty Award began last year, recognizing the legacy of reality greatness. The first recipient in 2021 was the cast of “Jersey Shore: Family Vacation.”

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/bethenny-frankel-mtv-movie-tv-awards-reality-royalty-1235281974/

Never mind Queen B being sloppy seconds to Jersey Shore in reality royalty (ouch) winning this tacky award has to burn for the woman who left Bravo to "star in shows which represent a shift in the conversation for women...I want to highlight the strength, confidence and unstoppable power that women have."

Edited by film noire
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, film noire said:

Bethenny Frankel will be given the Reality Royalty Award at the June 5, MTV Movie & TV Awards: Unscripted

This is too ironic now that she has been trying to distance herself from reality tv. How does she get crowned when her *unscripted* The Big Shot with Bethenny was a huge fail? On her instagram she is boasting to a limo driver that she is Reality Royalty and he clearly has no idea who the heck she is.

If her podcast is aiming at representing "a shift in the conversation for women" I certainly don't want to be part of that shift.

A few of the latest podcast topics:

Douchebag Geography: If you're looking to avoid a**holes this summer, you're welcome! Bethenny gives her guide to where the major douchebags will be hanging out this summer, so you can avoid them.

B's BTS: Bethenny was on mic ranting about her daughter Bryn… until Bryn interrupted with a tween emergency. We kept recording and you’re about to hear what happened next!

Pandemic Divorces and an Unanswerable Question: Bethenny shares the surprising way the pandemic affected her divorce— for better and for worse. Bethenny’s take may bring you the answers you desperately need.

Will Bethenny return to the RHONY?: Bethenny reveals her decision... Is she coming back to RHONY? 

Plane Pain: If you have a travel credit, you need to hear Bethenny’s story or you could end up very disappointed. Don’t let what happened to her happen to you! 

If that's not enough to "highlight the strength, confidence and unstoppable power that women have", here's this gem:

Smells like Tween Attitude: In that time after school and before dinner, tweens turn into moody monsters. Why does it have to be like this— and who knows a good exorcist? Bethenny is ready to vent and commiserate with fellow parents of tweens.

Of course to her credit, she is "Intermingling her own stories with conversations with thought leaders and cultural all-stars" like Sarma (Bad Vegan), Justin Baldone, Sophia Amaruso and Colton Underwood. She also has lots to say about Johnny and Amber, Douchella, plastic surgery, Kim K, Pete Davidson and housewives reunions.

If that isn't empowering enough, she is really good at telling you what makeup to buy (or not to buy)

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 4
(edited)

You always make me laugh, Happy Camper ; )

5 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

B's BTS: Bethenny was on mic ranting about her daughter Bryn… until Bryn interrupted with a tween emergency. We kept recording and you’re about to hear what happened next!

I listened to some of this episode  (two minutes, couldn't take much more) and here's Bethenny on her (ahem) relationship with twelve-year-old Brynn:

"We're co-dependent. We're like Siamese twins. She's on top of me and won't let me have one second in my life back,  she's obsessed with me and I love it. It's like living with a stalker in your home, I need to get a restraining order, I need a second to live my own fucking life in my own body." 

Nothing like riffing on stalking/a restraining order as comic fodder when you slapped one on your daughter's father in real life!

Queen of Mean B, keeping it classy as always. 

Edited by film noire
  • Mind Blown 5
  • Sad 2
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, film noire said:

You always make me laugh, Happy Camper ; )

I listened to some of this episode  (two minutes, couldn't take much more) and here's Bethenny on her (ahem) relationship with twelve-year-old Brynn:

"We're co-dependent. We're like Siamese twins. She's on top of me and won't let me have one second in my life back,  she's obsessed with me and I love it. It's like living with a stalker in your home, I need to get a restraining order, I need a second to live my own fucking life in my own body." 

Nothing like riffing on stalking/a restraining order as comic fodder when you slapped one on your daughter's father in real life!

Queen of Mean B, keeping it classy as always. 

That is just disturbing. Bethenny has no idea what a normal relationship looks like. She doesn’t care to figure it out because she knows everything already.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 14
3 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

That is just disturbing. Bethenny has no idea what a normal relationship looks like. She doesn’t care to figure it out because she knows everything already.

It's very disturbing that it sounds an awful lot like her own mother and her in the early years, from things she's said. I can only hope that she was joking.

• Sad 3
  • Love 11
(edited)

I feel bad for her daughter if Beth is airing all this tween angst and issues in public.  That’s just wrong, insensitive, and mean.  Doesn’t Beth have any real life friends to talk to?

Edited by Thumper
  • Sad 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Thumper said:

I feel bad for her daughter if Beth is airing all this tween angst and issues in public.  That’s just wrong, insensitive, and mean.  Doesn’t Beth have any real life friends to talk to?

I think we all know the answer to that. Would anyone want to be her friend? Didn’t Julie (her assistant/“friend”) resign and move to Pittsburgh? They keep in touch, but Julie can now control how often she has to see this lunatic.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8

I saw part of the one on ig where Bryn interrupts her on her podcast for an emergency but couldn’t handle listening too long, what did Bryn interrupt her for? Just kind of curious lol.

I feel bad for Bryn because I’m sure Bethenny has totally turned her against her dad at this point. Not saying Jason is perfect but still.

• Like 1
  • Love 12
On 6/3/2022 at 2:11 PM, film noire said:

Why is every person involved with Bethenny completely obsessed with her or a total villain? I mean, I understand this is her daughter and she's exaggerating (most likely to further dig at her ex), but one former hisband was either madly in love with her; the other a monster. Jill & Bobby were everything (until they weren't). Her parents, stepfather and former in-laws are all savages. The new fiance is Bryn's soul mate.

It's all so very extra and in this case deeply obnoxious.  Maybe if Bethenny didnt work so hard to alienate Bryn's father she'd have more free time.

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3

Bryn is at that age where the healthy thing to do is to distance yourself from your parents, particularly when it comes to mothers and daughters. If Bethenny is telling the truth and Bryn won’t give her space then that is a sign of real dysfunction, not a sweet relationship. I’m getting shades of the unhealthy dynamic between Big Kathy and her daughters, Kathy, Kim, and Kyle. Bryn is lucky she doesn’t have a sibling for Bethenny to play her against. Although black and white thinking is often associated with Borderline Personality, it’s also a feature of Narcissistic Personality as well. They just don’t see people in shades of gray. You’re either the best person ever or the worst person ever and you can go back and forth depending on the circumstances. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11

Looking at Best Seller lists and don’t see Business is Personal.    

Looking at Best Podcasts and don’t see B’s.   

No wonder she accepted the MTV award.   

• Like 1
  • Useful 5
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, weaver said:

No wonder she accepted the MTV award.   

I'm surprised she had time for that. She's very busy  promoting drug store beauty products on tik tok and twitter. Now she can add "Influencer" to her CV next to "Royalty". 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
On 6/12/2022 at 7:14 AM, weaver said:

Looking at Best Seller lists and don’t see Business is Personal.

Maybe because anything she writes is just these:

plat·i·tude

/ˈpladəˌt(y)o͞od/

Learn to pronounce

noun

plural noun: platitudes

a remark or statement, especially one with a moral content, that has been used too often to be interesting or thoughtful.

"he masks his disdain for her with platitudes about how she should believe in herself more"

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

Great news for those who can't get enough of Bethenny on TV. Gotta give the girl credit.  No matter how many failed shows, she will not give up. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ce7HA2YAnKn/

https://twitter.com/kevinolearytv/status/1537833485280415746?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

Kevin O'Leary's second season of his hit show "Money Court".

According to IMDB the first season aired a whopping four episodes and the only review was this:

"How this show ever made it on CNBC is beyond belief. Take it behind the barn and shoot it".

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
On 6/18/2022 at 9:48 AM, Happy Camper said:

Great news for those who can't get enough of Bethenny on TV. Gotta give the girl credit.  No matter how many failed shows, she will not give up. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ce7HA2YAnKn/

https://twitter.com/kevinolearytv/status/1537833485280415746?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

Kevin O'Leary's second season of his hit show "Money Court".

According to IMDB the first season aired a whopping four episodes and the only review was this:

"How this show ever made it on CNBC is beyond belief. Take it behind the barn and shoot it".

Oh good. Two shady people making financial/legal decisions. Well, O'Leary and his wife got out of thise boating accident charges so maybe he has some insight to offer. But Bethenny was duped by Mother Hoppy, the notorious notary who helped con her into signing documents, so I'm not sure of B's expertise level.

That being said, some of the reviews for O'Leary's wines and pizza ovens are pretty funny.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

This morning, in her “I am a great mother” series, she complains how it’s her last day in Miami and how exhausting filming 18 hour days have been.  Then she HAS to take Bryn on an adventure and then out to eat.  Exhausting, but worth it, she says.   I think Jason might like a week here and there.    Just a suggestion.  

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
On 6/26/2022 at 3:25 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

Yet she refuses to go back on RHoNY

My thought is Bravo has left the door slightly ajar but Bethenny wants constant promotion (of ham or wine or makeup or whatever she's pretending is her current area of expertise), a hand in production and no pushback when her PR people exaggerate the salary she's getting. RH is really the only place she's been successful. Yes, I understand she has money. but Bravo directed her to that branding and handed her a spinoff to market it. She's kept her name out there but with super shitty product.

9 hours ago, weaver said:

This morning, in her “I am a great mother” series, she complains how it’s her last day in Miami and how exhausting filming 18 hour days have been.  Then she HAS to take Bryn on an adventure and then out to eat.  Exhausting, but worth it, she says.   I think Jason might like a week here and there.    Just a suggestion.  

Women who state "I am a good/great/excellent mother" have always given me pause. Then I once heard Courtney Love say it and I decided fairly or no any woman who utters this is actually just a narcissist. Barely average moms and above are too busy worrying about how their kid is growing up to brag. Every post about Bryn seems aimed at Bryn's father.

• Sad 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 11
On 6/8/2022 at 4:55 PM, glowbug said:

Bryn is at that age where the healthy thing to do is to distance yourself from your parents, particularly when it comes to mothers and daughters. If Bethenny is telling the truth and Bryn won’t give her space then that is a sign of real dysfunction, not a sweet relationship. I’m getting shades of the unhealthy dynamic between Big Kathy and her daughters, Kathy, Kim, and Kyle. Bryn is lucky she doesn’t have a sibling for Bethenny to play her against. Although black and white thinking is often associated with Borderline Personality, it’s also a feature of Narcissistic Personality as well. They just don’t see people in shades of gray. You’re either the best person ever or the worst person ever and you can go back and forth depending on the circumstances. 

I agree.  They both are now in Paris together.  B scheduled a 5 hour cruise on the Seine from 8PM to 1AM.  Then they both decided they didn't want to do it so off they went to a fancy restaurant where they scheduled a private room to eat and chill.  Is the daughter ever with friends or in a group of her peers?  Seems unhealthy to me, but we only know that part of Bryn's life that B puts on IG.  

• Sad 1
  • Useful 7
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, weaver said:

I agree.  They both are now in Paris together.  B scheduled a 5 hour cruise on the Seine from 8PM to 1AM.  Then they both decided they didn't want to do it so off they went to a fancy restaurant where they scheduled a private room to eat and chill.  Is the daughter ever with friends or in a group of her peers?  Seems unhealthy to me, but we only know that part of Bryn's life that B puts on IG.  

The thing that scares me about that is that it makes her vulnerable to thieves. 

• Love 5

I honestly want notihing to do with her at all.  No show, no drama...NOTHING.  She is a cancer on this series.  Her drama and her all about her is just the tip of it all.  I don't want to know ANYTHING about her at all.  No one cares about her now.

• Applause 2
  • Love 15
On 6/8/2022 at 4:55 PM, glowbug said:

Bryn is lucky she doesn’t have a sibling for Bethenny to play her against.

This comment 1000x over. I had a boss like Bethenny and she consistently used to pit us employees against each other. We were like a chess board to her. That's exactly what Bethenny does.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, RedDelicious said:

This comment 1000x over. I had a boss like Bethenny and she consistently used to pit us employees against each other. We were like a chess board to her. That's exactly what Bethenny does.

Thats what textbook narcissists do.

• Love 10
16 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

I thought that Bethenny had a severe fish allergy.

https://twitter.com/Bethenny/status/1554540454267555840

Yep she has claimed to have a severe finned fish allergy. A sip of soup made with fish broth almost killed her according to Bethenny. She bitched so much about sea bass being served on a flight that she was on that they turned the plane around so she could get off.  So now she is eating tuna fish. 

• Mind Blown 6
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

She's been flitting all over Europe in the trendy spots over the summer, Greece, Italian coast, Paris, and now St. Tropez (accompanied by a commercial for her Rose, Forever Young (so maybe a business trip deduction). 

Meanwhile on the day Roe was overturned she said the issue was too complicated (it is?) to make any kind of statement on it and she'd devote a podcast to it at some later date.   Meanwhile Jill on IG made a powerfully strong statement saying she had had an abortion and was against this ruling and gave links to abortion information sites.   

• Applause 5
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3

Bethenny is certainly circling the drain.

All of her solo enterprises have failed. Talk show. Cancelled. Sirius FM Radio Show. Fired. Bethenny and Fredrik. Cancelled after one season .Big Shot with Bethenny. Cancelled after horrible reviews.

Recently, her book has failed. Her podcast has tanked.

She has now realized that she cannot make it on her own and is so desperately trying to become relevant by attaching herself to other people. Kevin O'Leary's ridiculous Money Court that failed after a first four episodes. Griffin Johnson, 21 year old tiktok kid who is suddenly her adopted son and big brother to Bryn? 

And then this
:"Speaking of the franchise in #11, one of the stars who will not be returning had a big meeting with this A- list actress/snake oil salesperson about how they could work together selling crap products.

RHONY/Bethenny Frankel/Gwyneth Paltrow"

She is now calling herself a "beauty influencer" promoting cheap dollar store cosmetics. Now she comes up with a wine?

Oh Bethenny. To quote the words of another housewife "If everyone says you're dead, then it's time to lie down!"

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Applause 6
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Happy Camper said:

Bethenny is certainly circling the drain.

All of her solo enterprises have failed. Talk show. Cancelled. Sirius FM Radio Show. Fired. Bethenny and Fredrik. Cancelled after one season .Big Shot with Bethenny. Cancelled after horrible reviews.

Recently, her book has failed. Her podcast has tanked.

She has now realized that she cannot make it on her own and is so desperately trying to become relevant by attaching herself to other people. Kevin O'Leary's ridiculous Money Court that failed after a first four episodes. Griffin Johnson, 21 year old tiktok kid who is suddenly her adopted son and big brother to Bryn? 

And then this
:"Speaking of the franchise in #11, one of the stars who will not be returning had a big meeting with this A- list actress/snake oil salesperson about how they could work together selling crap products.

RHONY/Bethenny Frankel/Gwyneth Paltrow"

She is now calling herself a "beauty influencer" promoting cheap dollar store cosmetics. Now she comes up with a wine?

Oh Bethenny. To quote the words of another housewife "If everyone says you're dead, then it's time to lie down!"

I noticed that "adopt a brother" ploy with Griffin Johnson and I thought it was bizarre.   Bryn should have her own male and female friends at that age.  I thought Bryn looked uncomfortable.  And the "mommy camp" Bethenny organized for them (tasks and games for all with mommy in charge)  was nuts.  

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

Bethenny really has been throwing anything at the wall in recent years to see if it sticks. How many chances will she have before she realizes her “brand” just doesn’t have the appeal it used to once have? Isn’t she still keeping the Skinnygirl brand rolling at all or does she still just serve as an ongoing advisor/promoter for its products??
((Speaking of which, I’m surprised she hasn’t pulled a RHoA Kandi by now and started a line of Skinnygirl sex products))

I’m afraid Bethenny might go the way of bitter current day NeNe, biting the Bravo hand that fed her so well, if she’s not careful. RHoNY was such easy money and only helped her name/branding stay afloat, so I can’t imagine why she refuses to ever consider an eventual return to the channel that made her a millionaire and *still* continues to chase her. 

• Love 8

She threw out a feeler on IG asking if people would like her to do YouTube.  I think the answer was NO because I haven't heard a word about it since.  Can't she say all she needs to say on her podcast?  Podcast is rarely mentioned anymore either.    Again, the Roe v Wade decision has not been mentioned.  I think she is quite afraid of alienating some of her fanbase.  

I believe her HSN made in China clothing line is somewhat successful, but it is nothing I would brag about.  When she posts pics of herself at her various resorts, I do not see her wearing it.  All designer, head to toe.  I finally unsuscribed to her IG as I couldn't take the "Im the best mommy in the world" theme anymore.  

Edited by weaver
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, weaver said:

I believe her HSN made in China clothing line is somewhat successful, but it is nothing I would brag about.  When she posts pics of herself at her various resorts, I do not see her wearing it.  All designer, head to toe.  I finally unsuscribed to her IG as I couldn't take the "Im the best mommy in the world" theme anymore.  

Good catch. “These schmattas are good enough for my fans, but I wouldn’t be caught dead wearing that s- - -.”

• Like 1
  • Love 7
On 8/13/2022 at 4:19 AM, weaver said:

I finally unsuscribed to her IG as I couldn't take the "Im the best mommy in the world" theme anymore.  

I had to unfollow her on IG a few years ago too—she posted a few too many stories of her bugging her poor driver and/or singing along to the radio in the car and I finally couldn’t take it anymore. Self-editing is definitely not her strong suit.

• Applause 2
  • Love 4

Frankelstein trying to stay relevant by picking on Meghan Markle (yet again - her bizarre obsession with Markle feels so toxic): 

"Bethenny Frankel has lashed out at Meghan Markle and Prince Harry for holding hands at the queen's funeral..."Grow up. Keep your hands to your f***** selves at a royal funeral. Grow up." This is not the first time Frankel has lashed out at Meghan.. "I think she's sanctimonious and I think there's this subtext of elevation. She's up there, we're down here."

https://www.newsweek.com/bethenny-frankel-lashes-out-meghan-markle-funeral-hand-holding-1747964

"She's up there, we're down here"?  She's not Kelly, Bethenny. Get a fucking grip.

September's attack:

“She is a terrible, terrible businessperson, strategist — she’s playing checkers, not chess — because she is overplaying her hand, and she is painting herself into a corner, becoming a woman without a country....I remember talking about this before the Oprah interview and getting death threats and losing major deals and having many A-list people text me saying that they agree with me secretly,” Frankel said, “but then friends of hers text me, ‘Please take down what you said.'”

https://pagesix.com/2022/09/07/bethenny-frankel-calls-meghan-markle-terrible-businessperson/

Hmm. By " A-list people" does Frankelstein mean:

1) A-listers like Tom Hanks,  Ryan Gosling,  Tom Cruise, and the wonderful Emmas (Stone & Thompson)  frantically texting Bethenny thumbs-up emojis?

Or

2) "A-list"  = two texts from former assistants to the A-(tlanta Housewives) list?

Edited by film noire
  • Like 3
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 4
34 minutes ago, film noire said:

Frankelstein trying to stay relevant by picking on Meghan Markle (yet again - her bizarre obsession with Markle feels so toxic): 

"Bethenny Frankel has lashed out at Meghan Markle and Prince Harry for holding hands at the queen's funeral..."Grow up. Keep your hands to your f***** selves at a royal funeral. Grow up." This is not the first time Frankel has lashed out at Meghan.. "I think she's sanctimonious and I think there's this subtext of elevation. She's up there, we're down here."

This from a woman who used a friend's death for camera time, and went to her married boyfriend's funeral, and went on tv claiming to have been the love of his life.

34 minutes ago, film noire said:

September's attack:

“She is a terrible, terrible businessperson, strategist — she’s playing checkers, not chess — because she is overplaying her hand, and she is painting herself into a corner, becoming a woman without a country....I remember talking about this before the Oprah interview and getting death threats and losing major deals and having many A-list people text me saying that they agree with me secretly,” Frankel said, “but then friends of hers text me, ‘Please take down what you said.'”

Once again, Bethenny describes herself. Is she overplaying her hand like you did, Beth? Slapping your label on anything remotely considered edible? Protein bars, popcorn, lunch meat,...and don't forget the blender and the fitness wear and jeans!

Is she like a woman without a country like you are now that you "lost major deals" because you're stalking her, and can't help but make comments about her every move?

oh, Beth,...shouldn't you be busy loading tractor trailers, and handing out cash cards? No one cares what you think about Meghan Markle or the Sussexes.

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • Applause 2
  • Love 12

What, Bethenny, no attention this week?  Over-reaching to get what you crave & live for?

What's wrong with the Sussexes holding hands for moral support at a funeral rife with emotion?? Jeez - it's not like they were groping each other. Clearly, the situation (& we probably don't know the half of what went on behind the scenes) was emotional, stressful, sad, uncomfortable - you name it. They held hands! Big deal. How does THAT imply an uppity attitude? That's nuts.  

And as others said above, who is Bethenny to cast aspersions on anyone as a business strategist? This implies she IS one & arbiter of who is not. Puh-leeze! Bethenny got lucky ONCE after years of striving (& yes, it was a big-time deal.)  But both before & after, she's had a long stream (& growing) of failed efforts (TV & talk shows, products, clothing, real estate deals, even failed engagements/marriages.)  Lightning in a bottle (literally) does not equate to being a business strategist.

Lately, Bethenny targets those with a bevy of naysayers as well as a bevy of supporters (Meghan, Kim K.)  All the better to attract attention to herself & her attacks.  I don't even much care for/about the people she's attacked, but still view her attacks as very petty, without basis, & without a reason for her to do it.  Except attention-grabbing.  And the press that find Bethenny's comments "newsworthy" - bottom-feeding scum too lazy to go out & find REAL stories/controversies.   

Edited by realityplease
  • Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 10
On 10/5/2022 at 5:50 PM, realityplease said:

What, Bethenny, no attention this week?  Over-reaching to get what you crave & live for?

I take it that you're not aware of Bethenny's recent drama with TikTok and a TikTokker, Meredith Lynch. Bethenny has decided that Meredith discussing actual facts about Bethenny is somehow defamatory. Meredith discussed how Bethenny had trademarked a couple of phrases that Bethenny uses all the time in her TikTok makeup reviews. Meredith speculated that Bethenny might be getting ready to launch a makeup line. Meredith also talked about how BStrong isn't a 501c3, but a program within Global Empowerment Mission.

These are actual verifiable statements. BStrong isn't a 501c3. There's nothing defamatory about that. Bethenny did trademark those phrases. Nothing defamatory about that either.

https://www.dailydot.com/unclick/bethenny-frankel-meredith-lynch-tiktok/

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 7
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I take it that you're not aware of Bethenny's recent drama with TikTok and a TikTokker, Meredith Lynch. .  .

Thanks - wasn't aware - interesting!  More over-reaching?  For attention? To bully?  Not sure.  Not sure expressing a mere opinion, even a negative opinion, is defamatory - and of course, truth is an absolute defense. 

Cease & desist letters have their place & justified in some circumstances.  But the threat of a lawsuit is scary stuff.  Even if the claims are flimsy, once filed, a lawsuit can cause huge unrecoverable expense & the time to defend against it - even if ultimately defeated.  Or can cause expense & time just to get legal advice to assess it.  If Bethenny trademarked phrases - well, ok, she can - but the one about a scam seems to be based on a statement that is pretty common & not at all unique.  If challenged, I wonder if the trademark would even be upheld.

The problem is that Bethenny has plenty of money, finds forums to vent, press to report on her doings, & fans that hang onto her words. (Though also plenty who want her completely off their radar.)  She can attack public figures like the Sussexes just for holding hands at a funeral & get away with it.  But she's not infallible.  Someday she'll misjudge & go after the wrong person, or lose a claim against someone who's like a dog with a bone, & she'll have to defend a malicious prosecution action.  Tables turn.  To think that people can't comment on others within the law - well, guess we'll see how far she gets with this.   

• Love 7

Bethenny says she considers herself "a marketer & namer by trade" (self-proclaimed, of course) & thinks Prince Harry's upcoming book "Spare" is not well-named & not being marketed correctly.  She hasn't read it, of course, but snipes that it might as well be called "Overshare" or "Woe is Me" & won't be well-received because it's just a rich guy whining. 

Maybe I don't have it right, but after her first, were her books all that well-received? I also have the impression that she's marketed or named or produced more flops than hits.  Other than "Skinnygirl," am I missing other clever or recognizable names (or products or shows) that she's created?  Isn't SHE just a rich gal whining? And recently doesn't she seem to only snipe at highly recognized click-bait targets so she can attach herself & her opinions like some barnacle?  This woman.

Edited by realityplease
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, realityplease said:

Bethenny says she considers herself "a marketer & namer by trade" (self-proclaimed, of course) & thinks Prince Harry's upcoming book "Spare" is not well-named & not being marketed correctly.  She hasn't read it, of course, but snipes that it might as well be called "Overshare" or "Woe is Me" & won't be well-received because it's just a rich guy whining. 

Maybe I don't have it right, but after her first, were her books all that well-received? I also have the impression that she's marketed or named or produced more flops than hits.  Other than "Skinnygirl," am I missing other clever or recognizable names (or products or shows) that she's created?  Isn't SHE just a rich gal whining? And recently doesn't she seem to only snipe at highly recognized click-bait targets so she can attach herself & her opinions like some barnacle?  This woman.

Barnacle is a great term for her.

She is so full of herself and will do anything for attention.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 7
30 minutes ago, realityplease said:

Maybe I don't have it right, but after her first, were her books all that well-received? I also have the impression that she's marketed or named or produced more flops than hits.  Other than "Skinnygirl," am I missing other clever or recognizable names (or products or shows) that she's created?  

The only other thing I can think of is “I S- - - at Relationships, so You Don’t Have to.” I didn’t read it. But I think it’s a clever title. 

She’s such a delusional, desperate hypocrite. Poor Bryn.

I am still shaking my head about her fish allergy and the tuna salad on a bagel.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

Bethenny's new podcast ReWives. What do we think?

For a self-proclaimed "marketer & namer by trade," ReWives is not a great name - try saying it 3 times fast without a lisp. (I can at least easily spit out "Spare" (Prince Harry's book), the name she so disparages.)

I don't consider Jerry Springer, Bethenny, or some others she lists, as "thought leaders."  Though she promises a "deep dive" into topics raised in certain RH episodes - she's the last person I'd take relationship advice from concerning family dynamics, friendships, or relationships.  (Just another attempt to convince us "she sucks at it, but listen to her anyway.")  I don't need to hear AGAIN how she was "raised by wolves" or how she's the greatest businesswoman/marketer/namer to hit planet earth.  Too wearing unless her guests bring something of value.  Probably won't listen to it - but look forward to comments here.

• Applause 2
  • Love 3
On 11/3/2022 at 9:56 PM, Stats Queen said:

Barnacle is a great term for her.

She is so full of herself and will do anything for attention.

Her last book "Business is Personal," tanked, and not for lack of promotional opportunities.  

• Like 2
  • Love 6