Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

And frankly, maybe Dennis *wouldn't be dead* if it wasn't so easy for him to score pills.

There was debate about why he had Narcan on hand. I heard a cop say that Narcan is now being used by addicts as a fail-safe tool. In other words, they plan to use opioids but keep Narcan nearby in case they need it. Kind of a 2018 Russian Roulette.

Doctors have been forced by watchdogs to hand out narcan with certain prescriptions now in the US because of the opiod crisis. It's not about Dennis having easy access to pills and dying because he's getting high. It's about doctors overprescribing for a number of reasons including adding 'pain' as the '5th vital sign' and drug advertising. People have been literally going home with a month long script for Oxycontin after surgery and finding themselves addicted. Trump has been on the verge of declaring it an 'emergency' for some time. Dollars to donuts, Bethenny will have just read Beth Macey's "Dopesick" about the crisis in her own country. I would not be surprised if she gets involved in this too a la Puerto Rico and Houston. As an Australian, I'm gobsmacked at how the medical industry works in the States. Over here, we didn't have crack cocaine because we just don't have the geographical access to cocaine. We will probably not have the opiod crisis the way it's unfolded in the States either, because it is ILLEGAL for prescription drugs to be advertised anywhere! No magazine or newspaper ads, no tv ads. If I walked into my doctor and asked for 'X' prescription because I saw an ad and I think it'll cure my woes, I'd get told to take a seat and STFU because I'm not a doctor. They're strict here, thankfully. 

So the scary thing is, the morphine molecule. You get a script for something legit and the next thing your brain is hijacked. The opiod family is hell on wheels to stay away from once you've formed a habit. I speak from experience on this one. So what's scary is fentanyl and carfentanyl being made synthetically and exported from China. That stuff is like 100x stronger than heroin, which is the strongest opioid so far. And people are dropping like flies in some states of America. Dennis, Prince, Phillip Seymour Hoffman, the rapper Bethenny made a comment about and there will be many more to come. I honestly do see Bethenny having a come to jesus about this one and getting involved, because it's going to get worse going forward. She was lashing out in that tweet about the pharma/medical industry being complicit in these deaths. I don't think it's helpful to just say 'bigpharma' mic drop, people need to understand this is serious and it is a crisis and it's happened for a number of reasons, not just the greed of drug companies (in the case of Oxycontin, the company is actually owned by a family who are on the Forbes wealthiest families list). 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, queenjen said:

I honestly do see Bethenny having a come to jesus about this one and getting involved, because it's going to get worse going forward. She was lashing out in that tweet about the pharma/medical industry being complicit in these deaths. I don't think it's helpful to just say 'bigpharma' mic drop, people need to understand this is serious and it is a crisis and it's happened for a number of reasons, not just the greed of drug companies (in the case of Oxycontin, the company is actually owned by a family who are on the Forbes wealthiest families list). 

Same. I’m in medicine world for various reasons and this opioid crisis has been escalating for years. Physicians have been devastated by the harm they’ve caused, as have patients obviously.  

Here in Canada there have been detailed reports about it.  Government page on opioid crisis 

https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/substance-use/problematic-prescription-drug-use/opioids/apparent-opioid-related-deaths.html

Epidemic nationwide, it’s made drug addicts in neighbourhood homes instead of addicts on the street. This compounded the problem because it was hidden so nobody knew it was happening or worsening for some time. 

Bethenny is also grieving. Grief is a beast. She wasn’t wrong to express herself and she was correct too. Veer into medical twitter and B was very tame yet on point. She’s blunt but she’s effective. I understand people think she’s insensitive. She’s strong, that’s the issue in part....she’s been through fire and survived. But not everyone is ready for when she speaks these truths. It’s hard to take I understand but i appreciate her speaking up. Prominent voices of experience and caring create healing and positive change.

• Love 9
22 minutes ago, Sunfield said:

Bethenny is also grieving. Grief is a beast

I absolutely agree and was going to add to the above on a personal note. I just lost my beloved father. Being beside him as he was dying and caring for him in the time leading up to the last illness, I NEED to know the physiological process. Bethenny, I think, will be similar grieving for Dennis. She's going to want to know exactly how, why, what. It's just the way some people process grief. I haven't been following much of the press on Dennis, but I'm betting that there will be a doctor involved and a long term relationship with painkillers. I really  hope that she does use her grief for this man she obviously really loved, admired and leaned on, to try and make something positive happen for others in her position or potential position. Bethenny has many character deficits, but she is passionate and business savvy and generous. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Sunfield said:

Bethenny is also grieving. Grief is a beast. 

Maybe now she’ll think twice before making a “joke” about someone passionate about politics, wearing lace, whose husband died, playing herself, as a character in murder mystery dinner theatre.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Maybe now she’ll think twice before making a “joke” about someone passionate about politics, wearing lace, whose husband died, playing herself, as a character in murder mystery dinner theatre.

I guess when that person shows up and announces that she’s playing a widow, involved in politics and laughs she shouldn’t be surprised people make jokes.  But of course if you’re still dragging your husbands dead corpse as a story line 20 years later then it’s time to get a new story.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, queenjen said:

I absolutely agree and was going to add to the above on a personal note. I just lost my beloved father. Being beside him as he was dying and caring for him in the time leading up to the last illness, I NEED to know the physiological process. Bethenny, I think, will be similar grieving for Dennis. She's going to want to know exactly how, why, what. It's just the way some people process grief. I haven't been following much of the press on Dennis, but I'm betting that there will be a doctor involved and a long term relationship with painkillers. I really  hope that she does use her grief for this man she obviously really loved, admired and leaned on, to try and make something positive happen for others in her position or potential position. Bethenny has many character deficits, but she is passionate and business savvy and generous. 

I am so sorry for your loss, @queenjen.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, QuinnM said:

I guess when that person shows up and announces that she’s playing a widow, involved in politics and laughs she shouldn’t be surprised people make jokes.  But of course if you’re still dragging your husbands dead corpse as a story line 20 years later then it’s time to get a new story.

Yeah, you'll forgive me if I don't believe Carole was offended and appalled as she smiled and completely played along without protest at the idea of playing the widow involved in politics. I generally get the impression Carole is only offended by mention of being a widow when it suits her. 

• Love 21
On 9/8/2018 at 5:25 PM, Rosiejuliemom said:

I want to sew those sleeves up so damn bad.

It doesn't make any sense for a horizontal split to be right there! Especially one that big.

They done fucked up a perfectly serviceable t-shirt.

Sigh. Me, too, RosieJulieMom.

Um... On the bright side, and to emulate the glass-half-full Place of Yes HW extraordinaire, at least the sleeves are attached to the garment. 

#stupidclothing

• Love 5
On September 8, 2018 at 5:25 PM, Rosiejuliemom said:

I want to sew those sleeves up so damn bad.

It doesn't make any sense for a horizontal split to be right there! Especially one that big.

They done fucked up a perfectly serviceable t-shirt.

27 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Sigh. Me, too, RosieJulieMom.

Um... On the bright side, and to emulate the glass-half-full Place of Yes HW extraordinaire, at least the sleeves are attached to the garment. 

#stupidclothing

I agree.  The shirt is stupid.  At least that shirt wasn't paired with the stupid ripped jeans Ramona wore on WWHL.   Why would anyone want to wear clothes that let your shoulder, elbow or knee stick out?  Ramona looked like an idiot sitting there with her knees sticking out of the jeans.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

I get that plus size clothing usually costs a bit more, but is it normal for a pair of size 16's to cost nearly double what a 14 does?

These are $10 more than a 14 of the same style.  So $89 versus $99.  

https://www.shopskinnygirl.com/collections/highrise/products/highrise-skinny-ankle-jean-hudson

Then it jumps.  So I’m holding off until we see the Macy’s pricing.  I don’t trust this stuff on line.

Edited by QuinnM
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Then it jumps.  So I’m holding off until we see the Macy’s pricing.  I don’t trust this stuff on line

It is the only plus size that does that.  The other plus size model adds $10 at 14W and holds at the same price.  So it is an anomaly and if you want that jean I would wait until someone complains and they change it to the correct price.  

None of the styles on line are what I am looking for.  So I’ll wait for the Macy’s line.

11 hours ago, Sunfield said:

Bethenny is also grieving. Grief is a beast. She wasn’t wrong to express herself and she was correct too. Veer into medical twitter and B was very tame yet on point. She’s blunt but she’s effective. I understand people think she’s insensitive. She’s strong, that’s the issue in part....she’s been through fire and survived. But not everyone is ready for when she speaks these truths. It’s hard to take I understand but i appreciate her speaking up. Prominent voices of experience and caring create healing and positive change.

She "expressed herself" on someone else's death by opioid, though, not Dennis Shields' death by opioid.  If I were a family member, I'd tell her to STFU and sit her ass down and get out of my family's problems. 

• Love 14
35 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

None of the styles on line are what I am looking for.  So I’ll wait for the Macy’s line.

I can't stand the distressing at the ankle. I already went through high school with my flare legs looking like that. I don't want my skinny jeans to look like an angry chihuahua got a hold of me.

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

till nothing on the Macy's website

The Macy’s kick off event is on Wednesday so I’m guessing that’s the first opportunity on the Macy’s website.  But they might keep it in store only to start.

4 minutes ago, stewedsquash said:

Scene set up:

I say: Pay attention! The descriptions say it is shark torn, not chihuahua. 

And you say Pay attention!! Pay attention??? and then you flip a table...

I say: So these jeans were torn by a shark 19 times?! Pescatarian whooooore!

• Love 15
3 hours ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

I get that plus size clothing usually costs a bit more, but is it normal for a pair of size 16's to cost nearly double what a 14 does?

https://www.shopskinnygirl.com/collections/plus/products/highrise-skinny-ankle-hudson?variant=12847127101507

Overall, I kinda think the jeans look cheap (especially for the price point). I'll stick with my Levis.

20% is generally the biggest upcharge, when there is one.  Nearly double is right up there with calling your brand SkinnyGirl, then selling plus sizes under that name.  It's so tone deaf, you need a new phrase for tone deaf.

p.s.:  I'm beginning to think there is an attempt to allude to a penis in these damn crotches.  Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

1_30056173-KQ0_THE_HIGH_RISE_SKINNY_ANKLE_HUDSON_0023_1_ff2cf5f9-c7f3-4974-bb3e-3f0318b78d71_720x.jpg

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

I don't want my skinny jeans to look like an angry chihuahua got a hold of me.

LOL

1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

p.s.:  I'm beginning to think there is an attempt to allude to a penis in these damn crotches. 

size matters? :)

• Love 7
1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

p.s.:  I'm beginning to think there is an attempt to allude to a penis in these damn crotches.  Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Beth and Sonja just got a little too enthusiastic after they sanded the men's jeans at the factory. They had to get all the women's too.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

20% is generally the biggest upcharge, when there is one.  Nearly double is right up there with calling your brand SkinnyGirl, then selling plus sizes under that name.  It's so tone deaf, you need a new phrase for tone deaf.

Very tone deaf. Diet plan?  first you hollow out the bagel and eat it then you diet enough to get out of plus  sizes so you can afford to be a Skinnygirl. Mean girls. We wear pink on Wednesday.  

• Love 6
On 9/8/2018 at 7:37 PM, albarino said:

Who even goes to stores to buy clothes these days?  Looks like you can buy the jeans on her website.  I'll buy them one of these days.

So I checked this morning since Bethenny had answered a lot of questions on twitter overnight.  They are sold out of a lot of things but she says they are restocking now and is thinking of a t shirt to send to folks that had to wait.  The price anomaly that was pointed out between 14 and 16 and up has been corrected.  Someone asked if there were flare or bootcut. She said yes they had those styles and she’d see what she could get up on her site.  Which tells me that Macy’s might be carrying those exclusively.  She also referred to her partner Jack in one tweet some there is a partner going into this.

That’s todays update.

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Seriously Bethenny WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK! 

She regrets not forcing her way down to the site? How fucking close did she need to be to witness it?

What was she going to do, offer the first responders muffins and margaritas?

Fuck her.

Edited by Rosiejuliemom
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

She regrets not forcing her way down to the site? How fucking close did she need to be to witness it?

And a blow job.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Wow. Just wow. The narcissism is PAINFUL.

And yes, these are fugly. You couldn't pay me $169 to wear them. Nice studs <snort>.

Untitled.jpg

• Love 9

Fuck her.

Witness it?  All sorts of people volunteered to help, especially cooks and chooks, and people to serve the food.  

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, babykin said:

Wow. Just wow. The narcissism is PAINFUL.

And yes, these are fugly. You couldn't pay me $169 to wear them. Nice studs <snort>.

Untitled.jpg

In the WWD article, Beth describes the stud-embedded denim as, “understated but still sparkles.”

So much ewww.

I guess she’s designing for 8-year-old Bryn.

I know we are all aware that sometimes these threads glitch, but, just to clarify, @Rosiejuliemom gets the credit for this cool, above-quoted post.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, weaver said:

Witness it?  All sorts of people volunteered to help, especially cooks and chooks, and people to serve the food.  

She didn't say that she wanted to be there to help. She said she "regrets not forcing her way down to witness it".

Her words. Not mine.

• Love 13
Just now, weaver said:

Yup and 10 times as many didn’t leave their apartment.  I read her tweet as saying I should have pushed past my fear and gone there.  I live here just blocks away and didn’t stand witness to the destruction like I stood witness to PR.  But 32 is different than 49. 

• Love 11
1 minute ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

In the WWD article, Beth describes the stud-embedded denim as, “understated but still sparkles.”

So much ewww.

I guess she’s designing for 8-year-old Bryn.

I know we are all aware that sometimes these threads glitch, but, just to clarify, @Rosiejuliemom gets the credit for this cool, above-quoted post.

Those pants are ugly and something about them just looks cheap.

• Love 6
On 9/11/2018 at 2:28 PM, weaver said:

Whom does she think she’s fooling? She just resents missing the opportunity to selfie it with a SkinnyGirl canvas bag draped over her shoulder.

eta: Oops. Way too early for that. Maybe wearing a “Bethenny Bakes” T-shirt or holding up a copy of Health Magazine, open to the article about her. 

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

From the WWD article a couple days ago:

Beth: “Skinny Girl is a state of mind.”

Please discuss.

Maybe it’s this state of mind:

Wear Skinnygirl jeans and you too can be a narcissist...Skinnygirl, for those who know their butts don’t look big!

• Love 4

She said she "regrets not forcing her way down to witness it".

She would make even 9.11 about herself. (For the record, people were told to stay put, so as not make it harder on first responders -- because everybody wanted to help, everybody -- of every color, creed or political affiliation.  Not just here and around the city,  I'm sure millions watching it on television felt the urge to get in a car and start driving, just to help, to reach out and do something). So she's saying she wished she'd forced her way down there -- not even to help, mind you, just to "witness" -- knowing people were told to stay away for a vital reason.  Why? So she could say "I was the first civilian to witness ground zero on 9.11!! The very first! I got down there and nobody else was witnessing the devastation but me!"?? And witness what? People jumping? Search dogs bleeding? First Responders covered in grit and grime and tears? We ALL witnessed that. All of us.  And she's saying this about a mass grave, which is part of what ground zero will always be. Jesus. 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, QuinnM said:

Yup and 10 times as many didn’t leave their apartment.  I read her tweet as saying I should have pushed past my fear and gone there.  I live here just blocks away and didn’t stand witness to the destruction like I stood witness to PR.  But 32 is different than 49. 

Despite everyone with any authority telling people to stay where they were? People flooding ground zero thankfully didn’t happen but that remark and instinct would have been super shitty in the moment, 17 years later saying she wanted to be there to witness is tragedy porn. FUCK YOU BETHENNY!

• Love 14

Oh, I get it, although I think she's phrasing it badly. 

Example from my own life? I hate that the space shuttle blew up in 1987... but I also wish i'd been a genuine witness in the crowd that day, so I could honor the memory even more. I do feel that way a bit about 9/11 as well.

I note I am taking a risk in saying that on this day.

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Almost her entire feed is people telling her it's badly worded. As a NY'er I get what you're saying, but trust me when I say, you did not miss something that needed to be seen to be felt.

• Love 8
49 minutes ago, film noire said:

Why? So she could say "I was the first civilian to witness ground zero on 9.11. The very first. I got down there and nobody else was witnessing the devastation but me"?? 

But she didn't say this. It is only your interpretation.

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Example from my own life? I hate that the space shuttle blew up in 1987... but I also wish i'd been a genuine witness in the crowd that day, so I could honor the memory even more. I do feel that way a bit about 9/11 as well.

I note I am taking a risk in saying that on this day.

The Challenger exploded in 1986, not 87. It was on my sisters birthday and we were there to watch the launch. My teacher was an alternate like went through all the training alternate so I was there and it didn’t add anything but horror.

Nor did being woken up on 9/11 too early in the morning in SF by my mother in CT  a minute after the first plane hit because she knew that my bf worked in the twin towers, so I got to see the second plane hit in real time. My bf was on vacation in India but several of our friends died. Bethenny’s tweet is garbage. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 12