Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

What is the deal with this yacht trip? Beth is too old to be a yacht girl.

As long as her body stays good, her wit stays sharp and she's up for the party, Bethenny will keep getting invites for this kind of trip.

I want to see the guest list.  I'm intrigued.

• Love 5

From Bethy's twitter:

A follower wrote:

@Bethenny @_JulieRoy Bethenny do you really NOT like Heather ? #rhoa I mean she seems to rub you the wrong way always. But I see u trying
0 retweets 0 favorites

Bethy wrote:

Bethenny Frankel ‏@Bethenny Jun 23

I like her @rhondaj123 @_JulieRoy

Nice to see this.

• Love 2

How weird that Bethenny forgives the abuser (stepfather) and not the abused (mother). That's so bizarre to me.

I think, like her therapy sessions with Dr. Amador, that entire scene between her and her step-father was all for show.* On Sunday she posted to her Instagram a picture of her and a male friend with a caption saying that they both don't have fathers.

If Bethenny was being REAL as she states in her tag line, why would she say she doesn't have a father? Only months before she was talking about how she was wanted Bryn to have some sort of connection to her side of the family and to begin a relationship with her step grandfather. If she considers him her father (even though she said that they didn't have a relationship since she was 19, but now she wanted one), the caption doesn't make sense.

I push this question mainly because my mother is remarried. My father (technically my step-father) has been in my life since I was 15. I'm 35 now. Only when I need to clarify (as I did a couple sentences ago) do I call him my step-dad. The majority of the time, I call him my dad. I say I'm going to my parents' house. Or, I went to see my dad's mechanic about X. I have a relationship with my biological father as well, so it's not as though I'm throwing one over for the other, but I just note how odd Bethenny's IG caption was based off of that entire scene she and her step-father had on Miami.

*I also think that the reason why Bethenny can say with absolute certainty that there will be no more crying scenes with her is that she's been assured that her sessions with Dr. Amador will no longer make it to air.

• Love 6

Geez, on the last episode thread a poster mentioned even MORE items with the SG label plastered on them. I must live in a bubble because while I have seen the original SG m margarita mix in a liquor store, i haven't actually seen any of the other trillion SG products. Maybe they're in the Healthy [cough - bullshit - cough] aisles?

• Love 1
(edited)

Geez, on the last episode thread a poster mentioned even MORE items with the SG label plastered on them. I must live in a bubble because while I have seen the original SG m margarita mix in a liquor store, i haven't actually seen any of the other trillion SG products. Maybe they're in the Healthy [cough - bullshit - cough] aisles?

Nope, not in my town.  I live in a very health conscious beach town, but my Gelson's does not carry any SG at all. I think our Ralph's use to carry lime popcorn?? lol But, I would have to drive 45 minutes to a Bevmo for any SG cocktails, I'll pass.

I am editing because it's not that I live in a VERY health conscious town..it's all about being fit and I am NOT.   My 16 year old son is a vegan and rolls his eyes when I eat a turkey burger. LOL  I heard Beth's products are not all natural and that could be why they don't sell here. They have all natural products and I think that's what most people prefer..IMO

Edited by BeachyMum
  • Love 2

Did her products get taken off the Whole Foods shelves for having too many preservatives or something?

I have seen SG popcorn in Walmart but that was months ago but I see SG cocktails of all varieties in liquor stores all the time. A quick look at the Walmart site shows that they only sell a few SG products like the popcorn, some books, workout dvds and stevia. 

I was curious about the skinnygirl blender. I looked like it used to be available on qvc and samsclub but not anymore. Looks like you can get it on amazon but the reviews for it are kinda meh. 

You ask me B really needs the RH gig to push her products. She needs a public platform. Looks like the products are popcorn, salad dressing, soda stream, sparklers, stevia, hummus, blender and nutrition bars. Good luck!

• Love 2
I was curious about the skinnygirl blender. I looked like it used to be available on qvc and samsclub but not anymore. Looks like you can get it on amazon but the reviews for it are kinda meh.

I got a Groupon yesterday for the blender, $39.99 (retail $119.99).  But that "retail" is not what other sellers were ever selling it for, except for the actual manufacturer site.

My local grocery store has the drinks, not a huge amount of space but the corner so it's visible from the aisle.  But once you check out that aisle, you see more well known brands with better pricing.  No idea if it's selling.

• Love 2

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2015/04/bethenny-frankel-weight-revealed-rhony-gets-on-scale-fight-critics-video/

Radar has her at 5'7" Oh look, she got weighed on TV. I'm shocked that my BMI is less than hers. Maybe her implants added weight?

ETA: I'm not brag-plaining, I'm actually surprised because from behind (those shots into the kitchen from the pool deck where the ladies were eatin) she looked borderline emaciated. I hope that I don't look that way and if I do, I need to gain a few.

She is underweight even if 5'6". And I am not sure those figures assume wearing shoes. What do the implants weight, I wonder?

First off a Skinny Girl blender is just a Bella blender- it even has the Bella name on it.  It seems a Bella blender can be picked up for under $30.00. https://www.google.com/shopping/product/9422148408714509643?sclient=psy-ab&rlz=1C1KMZB_enUS584US646&espv=2&site=webhp&q=bella+blender&oq=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.&bvm=bv.96783405,d.cGU&biw=1600&bih=775&dpr=1&ion=1&sns=1&pf=i&tch=1&ech=1ψ=kwyOVZeiBZXboASitZfoCA.1435372682471.1&sa=X&ei=mAyOVbitL5fYoATk2ZuQDA&sqi=2&ved=0CHoQuSQ

Second I was in a chain grocery store today in Napa, Ca. and saw Skinny Girl Margarita, on sale for around $10.00 and sporting a new improved taste.  There was a collar tag asking to call and weigh in on the new improved taste.  It's display area was below Sandra Lee's Margarita.  Smallest area I have ever seen set aside for Skinny Girl product.

She is underweight even if 5'6". And I am not sure those figures assume wearing shoes. What do the implants weight, I wonder?

I am going to go with 2lbs each. . . I have no idea but she has large implants.

• Love 3

First off a Skinny Girl blender is just a Bella blender- it even has the Bella name on it.  It seems a Bella blender can be picked up for under $30.00. https://www.google.com/shopping/product/9422148408714509643?sclient=psy-ab&rlz=1C1KMZB_enUS584US646&espv=2&site=webhp&q=bella+blender&oq=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.&bvm=bv.96783405,d.cGU&biw=1600&bih=775&dpr=1&ion=1&sns=1&pf=i&tch=1&ech=1ψ=kwyOVZeiBZXboASitZfoCA.1435372682471.1&sa=X&ei=mAyOVbitL5fYoATk2ZuQDA&sqi=2&ved=0CHoQuSQ

Second I was in a chain grocery store today in Napa, Ca. and saw Skinny Girl Margarita, on sale for around $10.00 and sporting a new improved taste.  There was a collar tag asking to call and weigh in on the new improved taste.  It's display area was below Sandra Lee's Margarita.  Smallest area I have ever seen set aside for Skinny Girl product.

I am going to go with 1lb each. . . I have no idea but she has large implants.

Beth looks about 5'6" to me.  At 114 lbs., that's a tough weight to maintain.  I'm 5'7" and when I was 119 lbs., I wasn't eating a whole lot.  While I do think she's 'healthy', to me she does look too thin, especially in the arms.  But she's making a great living preaching 'skinny' and that she is.  Personally, I don't agree with her concept.

• Love 6

Beth looks about 5'6" to me.  At 114 lbs., that's a tough weight to maintain.  I'm 5'7" and when I was 119 lbs., I wasn't eating a whole lot.  While I do think she's 'healthy', to me she does look too thin, especially in the arms.  But she's making a great living preaching 'skinny' and that she is.  Personally, I don't agree with her concept.

When Bethenny first started her skinny mantra she gave some pretty controversial advice.  Ordering a steak and having one bite. Bethenny is very slight.  I remember when she went bra shopping and her chest below the bust measured 23".  So by maintaining her zero body fat she is thin.  What strikes me as odd is when she makes fun of Ramona for being a 1980s Jane Fonda, I am assuming versus her own yoga regiment.  If Ramona wants to work out more power to her I am sure there are yoga studios all over Manhattan thanking Ramona for remaining in the 1980s, I can't imagine her ADD, rudeness and mouth in a yoga workout.

I also remember a recent post-partum Bethenny holding up clothes and telling Jason how they were too big and hi suggesting she eat.  It always made me wonder about her eating habits.  

• Love 5

Every Skinny Girl beverage I've ever had has been disgusting. I thought the Skinny Girl margarita was so repulsive that it inspired me to make my own recipe with lime sparkling water. I don't understand how these sell so well, unless it's folks like me who try them all once and then never again.

• Love 3

I read Bethenny's book Naturally Thin when it came out years ago.  Some places she says that if you eat well most of the time you can eat something you crave when you want it because that's what naturally thin people do. Then she goes on to talk about how if you want a steak at a restaurant, order a salad and let the person your with order the steak so you can have a bite. She says that when she craves chocolate, she eats the frosting off one of her chocolate cupcakes and throws the cake away and there are a lot of other examples. I always thought that if I eat well most of the time I can have a whole steak if I really want one, or that whole cupcake. She also says to taste everything and eat nothing. Her advice is just not all that realistic to me for most people. 

• Love 6

I tried both the SkinnyGirl Margarita and the SkinnyGirl white wine - both sucked ass and were poured down the drain after 2 sips....

I actually had the White Cranberry Cosmo and I liked it--perfect with a lot of ice for drinking in the hot tub.

• Love 1

I read Bethenny's book Naturally Thin when it came out years ago.  Some places she says that if you eat well most of the time you can eat something you crave when you want it because that's what naturally thin people do. Then she goes on to talk about how if you want a steak at a restaurant, order a salad and let the person your with order the steak so you can have a bite. She says that when she craves chocolate, she eats the frosting off one of her chocolate cupcakes and throws the cake away and there are a lot of other examples. I always thought that if I eat well most of the time I can have a whole steak if I really want one, or that whole cupcake. She also says to taste everything and eat nothing. Her advice is just not all that realistic to me for most people. 

That last sounds like "chew and spit", and that's a classic technique in eating disorders.

• Love 8
(edited)

That last sounds like "chew and spit", and that's a classic technique in eating disorders.

Yes, I can see where some people might get that idea. But on the flipside, I enjoyed that book because it was just an honest, practical guide on ways to cheat your body into forming habits of the "naturally thin" female mindset. She never claimed any of it was healthy or aspirational, but she did want to share how it worked for her skinny ways and others.

Like she talks about not really eating breakfast unless she's hungry. She admits to not being a "breakfast person" and that the typical "3 meals a day" mindset is antiquated and can cause more damage than good. She also mentions how she "scoops out" her bagels, which I didn't even realize was an actual behavior.

She does mention only eating when you're hungry, not because you're on an eating schedule or because you think your body's metabolism requires it.

And basically she's a strong advocate for not cheating yourself out of enjoying all foods, just learning portion control, which as a thin person, I can attest to: big DUH there. Her biggest tip for enjoying snacks is to buy a collection of small ramekins and simply learn to enjoy everything in moderation by using those as snack measurements...never eat *anything* straight from the box and never finish *everything* on your plate.

Hence the whole "taste everything, eat nothing" mantra she preaches, which has helped me stay slender over the years too.

Like when I go to a party, I typically wanna try everything---so I put it on a plate, take 1-2 bites of each item, and either give the rest to my husband or share with a friend or just toss the rest. Or I just put enough for one bite on my plate so I don't overeat.

It may sound disordered, but at least it keeps me aware of my caloric intake.

Although unlike Bethenny, I refuse nothing at dinner parties and eat far more than just shellfish! Of course I like meatballs and will not weep and argue if you insist on giving me one!!

Edited by Sun-Bun
  • Love 5

I just watched a repeat of the last episode and when they arrived at the resort house they were offered fancy drinks. B asked if it had apples in it. The server said no, so B said she'd take one. I guess apples are on the shellfish list.

• Love 1

read Bethenny's book Naturally Thin when it came out years ago.  Some places she says that if you eat well most of the time you can eat something you crave when you want it because that's what naturally thin people do. Then she goes on to talk about how if you want a steak at a restaurant, order a salad and let the person your with order the steak so you can have a bite. She says that when she craves chocolate, she eats the frosting off one of her chocolate cupcakes and throws the cake away and there are a lot of other examples. I always thought that if I eat well most of the time I can have a whole steak if I really want one, or that whole cupcake. She also says to taste everything and eat nothing. Her advice is just not all that realistic to me for most people.

I am a recovering bulemic and recognize this as an ED strategy.  I spent two month in patient facility to change my thinking about food.  Unfortunately, I was too successful!--I used to binge and purge with whole packages of laxatives but now I simply binge!  {baby steps, huh? :)

• Love 11

I just watched a repeat of the last episode and when they arrived at the resort house they were offered fancy drinks. B asked if it had apples in it. The server said no, so B said she'd take one. I guess apples are on the shellfish list.

... I thought she said "alcohol," not "apples."  

• Love 3

I've now seen SG wine, popcorn, artificial sweetener, cookies, flavored water, and granola bars on various clearance shelves at wal-greens, wal-mart, and Target. I don't doubt that Bethenny's rich, but it doesn't seem like her brand is doing that well.

• Love 4

I too heard "apples."

So I was reading the latest US Weekly at the gym and it was the usual beach body round-up and celebrity diet tips. Bethenny was in there. Guess what her stay-slim strategy is?

Sushi.

I'm assuming it's the vegetarian kind because she made a big deal when Dorinda offered sushi.

• Love 7

Fair point - why let the crazy bitch be near the child when being honest and telling the truth would get you full custody?

Exactly what was said on the stand that was a 'lie'? I believe both parties may have exaggerated some of the so-called damage that was inflicted, but what proof do you have of lying?

I tried both the SkinnyGirl Margarita and the SkinnyGirl white wine - both sucked ass and were poured down the drain after 2 sips....

I love the margarita and it appears that others do too

I was 5'7" as a teen and I weighed 115 lbs. I love food and ate what I could but I filled up quickly. Everyone has different metabolisms. When I was in my 20's my weight was 120 lbs, in my 30's I weighed 130 and so on. It bothers me that people invest so much in a number. I was healthy and happy. Thank goodness I never ran into anyone who automatically dismissed me as unhealthy.

• Love 2

Thank goodness I never ran into anyone who automatically dismissed me as unhealthy.

Can't speak to your personal experience but Beth is on her nth reality TV adventure showcasing a business based on "thin-iness". She's also haggard looking, has hair that looks like it needs nutritional counseling and a personality that's often curt and unpleasant -- or, as someone here wisely called it-- hangry. Really, no one is automatically dismissing Beth as anything other than what she's put out for our viewing pleasure.

• Love 13
(edited)

I had to shop in the teens section(I am talking about Junior sizes 5 and7) until my 30s--years following the birth of my 1st child. My natural size was constantly remarked upon, however, I did not look haggard nor did I espouse unhealthy living habits. Aspects of Bethenny's PURPOSEFUL stardom are based on the "SkinnyGirl" business AND persona thusly allowing critique.

Edited by BookElitist
  • Love 10

I love the margarita and it appears that others do too

I think that some people do like it, but clearly not enough for it to continue to be a success in it's current form. If so, they wouldn't be going through a reformulation. You don't do that if the feedback on the brand is good. There have to be problems for a brand that is still fairly new to get a reform. They also need to deal with the horrid reviews on pretty much every respected site I have ever read. The positive reviews from folks in the industry are almost impossible to find and as Jim Beam reported, sales are down almost 30%. That is a huge disappointment. It appears that sales were strong for the first couple of years as they continued to get new distribution in new outlets. It looks like the problem is the repeat purchases. Folks might try it once, but they are not picking it up again. Luckily she has the huge resources of Jim Beam behind the alcohol and they have the resources to keep reformulating until they get it right. What I would be worried about is all the other brands. I don't see her stuff anywhere. I saw the Sweetener yesterday at Target, and the Salad Dressing at Meijer, but have still not seen the other stuff. 

• Love 6
I think, like her therapy sessions with Dr. Amador, that entire scene between her and her step-father was all for show.* On Sunday she posted to her Instagram a picture of her and a male friend with a caption saying that they both don't have fathers.

Good Lord ... *more* of this shit?! For someone with no family, she sure talks about them an awful lot.

• Love 7

The last report of Skinny Girl from Beam's was sales of 2013 which was down.  We have no reports from 2014 but Suntory Beam has reported on other products they own.  That's telling me that Skinny Girl is a very small part of the company and that sales are not up.  IMO, Beth is making a good living off her brand but it's not on a upward trend and it's probably one of the reasons why she came back to RHNY. 

• Love 4

I think Jim Beam sales have also suffered because there is now competition in the low carb/no sugar margarita pre-mixed drink market. I have seen other brands with the same concept although I haven't tried them. 

I bought a Skinny Girl margarita about 2-3 years ago. Took about a drink or 2. It is still sitting in my fridge. I should probably throw it out. 

• Love 10
(edited)

Just stumbled upon that Access Hollywood show this morning (July 3rd) and Bethenny is guest co-hosting with Billy Bush.

I almost did not recognize her as she has a new haircut. She cut it short ! Chin length with slight waves -  looks like Kristin's cut/style that we see in many of her talking heads. It really looks good on Bethenny ! And for all of us who have been noticing the thinness of her hair  on RHNY - she must have realized that as well and finally got a good blunt cut.

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 3

I've now seen SG wine, popcorn, artificial sweetener, cookies, flavored water, and granola bars on various clearance shelves at wal-greens, wal-mart, and Target. I don't doubt that Bethenny's rich, but it doesn't seem like her brand is doing that well.

I know, once you see it, you notice them everywhere.