Type keyword(s) to search

Pet(s): Photos & Discussion

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, JustHereForFood said:

We had to take our cat (7 years old) to the vet yesterday, as she was not eating much for couple days and it turned out that she had a hairball stuck in her stomach. She had this once before about 2 years ago, but back then she was somehow able to pass it. Now she had to have a surgery. They already called that it went well and they may let her go home tomorrow, but I'm still a bit worried for her. The flat feels so weird and empty without her and I'm constantly checking where she is. I am so glad we went to the vet - I thought maybe we are overreacting and should wait a bit longer, glad that my mother didn't listen to me this time, usually I am the more anxious type.

I am glad she is going to be okay! Good you listened to your instincts. 

• Love 6
7 hours ago, supposebly said:

My cats seem to throw up more in the summer (twice a month, maybe). Not hairballs so much but I'm reading that moths can cause an upset stomach.

I live on the 9th floor and have a cat cage on the balcony. Now I'm wondering how many moths are being eaten every night.

And yes, the vomiting happens on one of the two rugs I have.

I hope your kittie comes home ok,  @JustHereForFood!

I read lots of brushing also keeps the hairball issue in check.

ETA: I really love this picture of Fox sunbathing.

PXL_20210630_125055127.jpg

That is a great picture of a cat luxuriating in the sun!

• Love 6

Cosmo has been a NAUGHTY BOY today. Barking and whimpering and wanting all the jerky treats. 

But I think a storm is coming- this is him under my dining chair (my Mom was listening to her audio book). He didn’t even get up when I said “dinner”.  He looks scared poor baby. 

5755EFCB-B1FA-4433-9CF6-BF2DFBC12A0E.jpeg

B2896768-9B2A-4B42-96F0-5EDA3B67AE09.jpeg

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Annber03 said:

Aw, that face. Who could stay mad at that face? 

1 hour ago, MargeGunderson said:

I couldn’t. Cosmo would get all the jerky treats from me. ALL of them.

And from me. Poor baby. I hope whatever storm is brewing is quick and quiet.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

He did eventually come out to eat his dinner but when I said “potty”, he would hide back under the table.

Cosmo might benefit from some hurricane advice I saw on Facebook, if you're able to use it.

41576864_2333029743380505_17125120333934

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, SVNBob said:

Cosmo might benefit from some hurricane advice I saw on Facebook, if you're able to use it.

41576864_2333029743380505_17125120333934

That’s a good idea if I had room in my garage!! Thanks for sharing.

Yeah I don’t let him off leash anywhere but my own fenced yard and never when the weather is bad. To get him to the garage we would have to go outside which he doesn’t want to do.

I am more concerned about him getting a UTI than I am cleaning up a mess occasionally. But he was fine in the house last night, he managed to get out 3x before the evening so that seemed to be okay. 

• Love 5

I don’t come in here often, but could use some virtual prayers. My sweetheart of grand-nephew fur baby (my avatar) had surgery yesterday for tumors on his spleen that were originally said to be benign. My niece told me the vet was concerned that they could be cancerous and she will get the results of the biopsy in 2 weeks.

He’s such a sweetie. Lost 10 pounds and looks so skinny. Any and all good thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I don’t come in here often, but could use some virtual prayers. My sweetheart of grand-nephew fur baby (my avatar) had surgery yesterday for tumors on his spleen that were originally said to be benign. My niece told me the vet was concerned that they could be cancerous and she will get the results of the biopsy in 2 weeks.

He’s such a sweetie. Lost 10 pounds and looks so skinny. Any and all good thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Good luck!

• Love 5
On 9/4/2021 at 2:54 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Awww I’m so sorry. (((Hugs))) that it will all be ok. 

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

He’s gone. Passed away in his sleep early this morning.

This was what happened with our boy as well. Came on out of nowhere and passed away after the surgery. It's like being hit over the head with a two-by-four. My deepest sympathies to you and to his other people. His sweet face says he had a very happy life.

Thanks everyone. While he was my niece’s fur baby, I’d always considered him my grand-nephew. And was very well and much loved. 

I’m so grateful I was able to see him in July. 

And it can’t be said enough: FUCK CANCER! SIX WAYS TO SUNDAY INFINITUM.

Because while he passed peacefully in his sleep, he’d been suffering for almost two months.

There's a bad dog in our townhouse complex. Untrained in the first place, the neighbors are elderly and can't control it even if they wanted to, and she lets him out and lets the leash go as far as it will go. Literally every other neighbor in this townhouse complex that has a dog goes to walk them/let them do their business in another mall or area, because they are afraid of this dog. He's attacked and bitten our Lily three times since we've lived here, each necessitating a trip to the vet.

He did it again. I opened our door to let them out to do their business, on leashes of course, and the door at the other house opened and before I could get my dogs in this dog charged into our house and pinned Lily against the wall. It was ME who got the dog in a headlock grip and told them to GTFO of our house. (Not that rudely but I did push the dog out and told dog/owner to 'get out.') Lily is bleeding a little but otherwise fine. She can walk and jump from the chair to the couch and vice versa. 

Neighbor said nothing and did nothing to help. After I pushed the dog out and told them to get out I heard neighbor's husband asking how did Dog get in there? "Their door was open!"

NO SHIT, LADY, IT'S OUR FUCKING DOOR. 

Edited by LexieLily
45 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

There's a bad dog in our townhouse complex. Untrained in the first place, the neighbors are elderly and can't control it even if they wanted to, and she lets him out and lets the leash go as far as it will go. Literally every other neighbor in this townhouse complex that has a dog goes to walk them/let them do their business in another mall or area, because they are afraid of this dog. He's attacked and bitten our Lily three times since we've lived here, each necessitating a trip to the vet.

He did it again. I opened our door to let them out to do their business, on leashes of course, and the door at the other house opened and before I could get my dogs in this dog charged into our house and pinned Lily against the wall. It was ME who got the dog in a headlock grip and told them to GTFO of our house. (Not that rudely but I did push the dog out and told dog/owner to 'get out.' Lily is bleeding a little but otherwise fine. She can walk and jump from the chair to the couch and vice versa. 

Neighbor said nothing and did nothing to help. After I pushed the dog out and told them to get out I heard neighbor's husband asking how did Dog get in there? "Their door was open!"

NO SHIT, LADY, IT'S OUR FUCKING DOOR. 

Report, report, report.  Report it to the homeowner's association (if there is one), or to the landlord if you rent, and by all means, report it to the police.  If nothing else, the other dog owner should be responsible for your vet bills.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

Report, report, report.  Report it to the homeowner's association (if there is one), or to the landlord if you rent, and by all means, report it to the police.  If nothing else, the other dog owner should be responsible for your vet bills.

Last time we didn't say a word but sent them our vet bill and they did (albeit) reluctantly, pay it. There is an HOA but we were told nothing can happen until the dog bites a person, which, I don't think that's how it works, but whatever. 

14 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

There is an HOA but we were told nothing can happen until the dog bites a person, which, I don't think that's how it works, but whatever. 

I don't think that's how that works, either. 

• Love 5

Call the police non-emergency number or animal control and report it. In my town, they keep a record and visit the dog owner the first time and then take the dog from the owners after a certain point. You shouldn't have to live in fear (in your own house now!) from another person's uncontrolled animal. 

Edited by emma675d
  • Love 16
15 minutes ago, emma675 said:

Call the police non-emergency number or animal control and report it. In my town, they keep a record and visit the dog owner the first time and then take the dog from the owners after a certain point. You shouldn't have to live in fear (in your own house now!) from another person's uncontrolled animal. 

Thing is, we are in the process of moving (unrelated to this) and thus we took the screen door off our front door, so now we have to open the door carefully and/or look out the peephole. I was on my way back inside with the dogs because I had noticed that the therapist was coming to their house, and I didn't want to take a chance of being out there when the door opened. But I guess I wasn't fast enough :(

Edited by LexieLily
5 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Thing is, we are in the process of moving (unrelated to this) and thus we took the screen door off our front door, so now we have to open the door carefully and/or look out the peephole. I was on my way back inside with the dogs because I had noticed that the therapist was coming to their house, and I didn't want to take a chance of being out there when the door opened. But I guess I wasn't fast enough :(

You should still report to the police or animal control so they're aware of the situation because the next people will have the same issues, and it would be good to have a record of the incidents.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

You should still report to the police or animal control so they're aware of the situation because the next people will have the same issues, and it would be good to have a record of the incidents.

We probably will do something, yeah.

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

That doesn't and shouldn't matter. You should not have to feel unsafe in your own home because of a neighbor's dog. You should not have to adjust your routine or worry about opening the door at the right time because of a neighbor's dog. It's your house, your property, and they need to control their damn dog. Sorry, but I get worked up over people who cannot control their animals.

• Love 9