Type keyword(s) to search

S29.E04: We're A Hot Mess

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

I LOVE THIS SHOW!!! Goodbye you misogynistic, idiotic douchebag. I am now officially rooting for any of these 4 women from Hunahpu. That's how you take control of things and make a good move.  Also, Jeremy totally knew that was coming and threw a vote to Keith so he could keep his hands clean and because he was still pissed at Keith, because he knew exactly what the women were planning. And it's obvious he told none of the other guys.

eta: Just saw the vote reveal and looks like Jeremy voted with the women against Drew. I like you again Jeremy. Good move. And John wasn't kidding about not knowing what the hell to do as he voted for Keith while Keith and Reed stuck to the original plan to vote for Julie. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 14

I LOVE THIS SHOW!!! Goodbye you misogynistic, idiotic douchebag. I am now officially rooting for any of these 4 women from Hunahpu. That's how you take control of things and make a good move.  Also, Jeremy totally knew that was coming and threw a vote to Keith so he could keep his hands clean and because he was still pissed at Keith, because he knew exactly what the women were planning. And it's obvious he told none of the other guys.

Just saw the closing credits - Jeremy actually voted for Drew!

• Love 1

Not much to take away from this episode, other that Drew is a jackass. And Jeremy's volume dial is stuck on high.

Seriously, Drew. You're a dumbass. I'm glad he's gone, because throwing challenges should bite you in the ass. And was he the one trying to barter with Probst? You don't bargain with him when he has all of the power. Dumb. Ass. Dumbass.

Looks like Keith found the idol. Dunno how I'm supposed to feel about that. I guess I should be happy, since he's more memorable than Dale, old guy-wise. And now he's got protection in case Jeremy decides to gun for him some more. So much for firefighter solidarity.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

So happy that Drew got voted out.  The editing was definitely setting him up for it with all his boasting about being the one in control, etc., but I was afraid it was misdirection from the editors.  Kudos to them for setting up his fall perfectly.  Had to laugh at his closing comment that was basically "good job for voting me out because if you hadn't voted me out I TOTALLY would have beat y'all".

• Love 9

When Jeremy said "He pisses me off" I thought "everyone pisses you off". It's probably the editing monkeys, but I would like to see some graciousness from him towards other players. All we've seen is him feeling betrayed by John and now Keith. I get it in both cases, but I think he needs to work on being more subtle.

Kelly's a gamer. She might have played her hand too quickly though. She might have exemplified exactly what Drew was saying as being a strong player who needed to go asap.

I can't read Reed yet. He's flying way under the radar.

Edited by Dust Bunny
  • Love 6

Ha Ha Ha  Bye bye Mr. Kingpin.  You and Rocker will have a great time if they can find a place big enough to hold both your egos.  

I know challenges have been thrown many times, but is this the first time somebody threw one single-handed with no apparent discussion?  Then gets booted to boot!  Too funny

Good intro.  I was wondering if this is foreshadowing Drew's demise or if they need a new villain now that Rocker is gone.

Jeff was good.  No returns, dumbass.

Of course blue wins reward.  I like this non-existant couple.  Good attitudes.  Not all that mushy, weepy crap.  It must not be an option to join your "loved one" - I hate that term, too -  at Exile.

Drew really is a piece of work.  Nice job sending him to EI.  Now they don't have to feed him. 

Stupid move Keith, but at least you found it.  Lots of cracking up on the blue tribe.  Nice to see different people.  A smart player would have just went along booting Julie.  There was no reason to push for Kelly so hard.

Alec you are an idiot.  So was your dad.  You and your douche-bag brother deserve each other.

Fun tribal council.  Nice to see that smug wiped off of Drew's face.

• Love 6

That was hilarious! I love how Drew actually turned the women into the threat he thought they were. That's called creating your own reality, baby.

In the previews, that dark-haired guy was upset about something. Could anybody decipher what he said?

• Love 20

I can hear Drew in Vegas now... "Yes sire I did knowingly bet $5,000 on black but you see if we just spin it one more time and give me one more chance it will land on black and everything will be fine. What do you think? Why are you laughing and talking into your sleeve?" BTW I was waiting for him to say to Jeff "Okay so can we get like maybe one sausage for this flint?"

I really love seeing people slide out of favor so quickly but maybe all the napping finally caught up to him. He hadn't exactly built up a lot of goodwill with his tribe... but then again you break one of the first rules of Survivor: "Don't throw challenges. Everrrr. Don't. Do. It." It always brings wreck and ruin onto your tribe. Or right back on your own head... I love when people who claim to be "running" the game get voted out, that just never gets old.

• Love 18

In the previews, that dark-haired guy was upset about something. Could anybody decipher what he said?

He was mad that the girls didn't tell him about their plan to vote out Drew, he said he would have voted with them if they had told him, now they've brought about their own doom...or something like that.

• Love 3
Kelly's a gamer. She might have played her hand too quickly though. She might have exemplified exactly what Drew was saying as being a strong player who needed to go asap.

Is Kelly Dale's daughter or Keith's daughter?  After tonight she is my favorite..I always root for smart, strategic, kick-ass female players.  So far she is the closest one that i have seen to my fav player type.

• Love 3

LOVED that boot.  Loved 4 people getting votes (I'm so sick of the unanimous or 50/50 votes).  After tonight, I think I'd rather have Rocker back than have to listen to that prick Drew anymore.   How did his tribe not get on him for throwing the challenge?  

• Love 6

In the previews, Jon seemed to be upset that they voted Drew out without consulting him, and was throwing a hissy fit because no one listens to him. Probably because listening to him seems to be a full-time job, and none of them are getting paid for it. From that clip, they voted out Drew and left Drew Jr. in. 

Agree with John:  "Well played girls!"  Who was the platinum blonde who led the girl team?  I like her.  She is a playa, and so is Natalie.

Kelley, the Emperor Palpatine of the women of Huhahpu. At least, that's what Drew appeared to believe. I am liking Natalie on her own as well. 

Is Kelly Dale's daughter or Keith's daughter?  After tonight she is my favorite..I always root for smart, strategic, kick-ass female players.  So far she is the closest one that i have seen to my fav player type.

Kelley is Dale's daughter. Keith has a son, Wes. I hope both Keith and Wes are voted out soon because they swallow ⅔ of their words, and I can barely understand them even with the aid of captions. 

This boot was even more satisfying than John Rocker's boot of the week before! John was a jerk, but Drew was packed to the gills with hubris. 

LOVED that boot.  Loved 4 people getting votes (I'm so sick of the unanimous or 50/50 votes).  After tonight, I think I'd rather have Rocker back than have to listen to that prick Drew anymore.   How did his tribe not get on him for throwing the challenge?  

No idea, especially after Jeff hinted broadly at it during the challenge and at tribal council. 

I was liking Baylor, until she told Alec that he "was acting like a woman" because he was being a jerk. Ugh. She and Alec can both go soon. 

Edited by Kris117
  • Love 11
I can hear Drew in Vegas now... "Yes sire I did knowingly bet $5,000 on black but you see if we just spin it one more time and give me one more chance it will land on black and everything will be fine. What do you think? Why are you laughing and talking into your sleeve?" BTW I was waiting for him to say to Jeff "Okay so can we get like maybe one sausage for this flint?"

"And if we keep playing, I know I'll win, because I'm really a threat and would totally win if, y'know, I didn't just lose."

• Love 12

I want Keith to go because he apparently has no idea what an alliance is.

I could not figure out who Kelley was at the beginning of the episode. I felt like we'd never seen her before. I can't wait, however, to see Alec's reaction next week.

Jeremy is way too excitable. He makes me nervous.

Drew's probably been like this the whole time but we only saw his greatest hits tonight because the editors knew he was going, but I would still rather he be there and his tribe won the challenge. I wanted to see that other tribe keep losing.

I still don't forgive Burton for his idiocy. I was one of his few fans (in my defense, I am very shallow and he is very pretty).

• Love 4

He was mad that the girls didn't tell him about their plan to vote out Drew, he said he would have voted with them if they had told him, now they've brought about their own doom...or something like that.

Oh, for pity's sake! From that little clip in the preview he looked like another out-of-control ego. The guys on that team need to take a breath, calm down, and think before they spout off. Way to make friends and influence votes, guys. I hope the woman can continue to take advantage.

Thanks for translating for me BigRedCheese.

• Love 1

More venom & spitting fire from Jeremy.  He just keeps getting more angry every second.  Has he done anything in the challenges so far, or are those just "mirror" muscles?

I love seeing lazy people ousted.  Makes my heart happy. 

• Love 3

Good riddance Drew, you damn idiot. Thought he was such a bad ass and was going to be a manipulator. LMAO wrong. If the group have a general consensus that you're lazy and don't pull your weight at camp, you're pretty much a target. Calling the women bitches, was so unnecessary. He's a ladies man, I nearly LMAO on that one. There are men there that looks better than him, Reed & Alec. I really do hope that one of the girls does win from that tribe because none of the men are rootable at all. Keith stinks, Jeremy still irks me, Jon is neither here nor there for me. Reed doesn't bother me though. The other twinnie isn't annoying but if her sister was still around I don't think I would be able to stomach the both of them. 

• Love 4

That was fun to watch. I'm hoping that the girl who was on EI with him told her team that he planned to throw the challenge. I don't know why, but I think that's important information to share. If one guy will do it in order to vote out women, others might.

I'm seeing hints of why Baylor is the most disliked player out there. She is starting to really get on my nerves worse than before and I'm not stuck out there with her.

Even as Drew was walking out with his last confessional, he's STILL thinking he's the top player to ever play the game.

• Love 2

LOL, "We're a hot mess" is right. I love that Drew thought he was some master manipulator and dominated the game. How delusional. The only one he manipulated was himself. He has zero self awareness and an ego that needs an island of its own. You throw the fucking challenge, because you feel like you need to thin your herd....and then YOU go home. Priceless. 

I felt his eviction was kind of telegraphed, but I enjoyed it none the less. 

The sad thing is, this time around I'm finding more people I'm hoping get sent home than the other way around. It's far enough in the game that I should have favorite players or a favorite tribe. But I don't. But the RC and IC were pretty damn close, back and forth...they could have been very tense. But I just didn't care. Contrast this with last year, when I remember literally shouting at the TV and getting so excited during many challenges...this year is fairly ho-hum.

• Love 7

And at least she doesn't try to wear her buff as a top

Right, she's like the only female who doesn't wear her buff as a top or doesn't have to keep pulling up her top because her breast is about to fall out. The rest of the women might want to take notes. Julie just has her boobs just on full display, does she know where she is. This isn't the Playboy mansion or WWE. I think some of these ladies don't know that they're going to be on Survivor.

Honestly I don't know what was more satisfying...Karma Electra running over Drew like a bus or a Josh FREE episode! Not even one confessional that I can recall. His team's win will always have an * next to it as the win was handed to them.

Edited by North of Eden
  • Love 3

Is it me, or did Julie's injected lips look especially puffy on this episode?  I didn't notice previously the balloonishness she sported. 

Yes, and also Drew or his brother totally checked out Julie and ogled her giant fake breasts.

Calling the women bitches, was so unnecessary.

That's when he really lost me and I was praying for his ass to get booted. Talking about how "those bitches won't be able to do anything" if they get rid of Kelly, with Kelly standing right there. His being rude and aggressive towards Missy for whatever reason and saying he doesn't care because there was nothing she could do about it, basically going on about his "the women are plotting and Kelly is the snake" with Natalie standing right there looking at him like "um so are you basically saying you don't trust me when I thought we were in an alliance."

Dude was just so hideously unattractive in every way tonight and the only thing that would have made the episode more satisfying is if one of those women had punched him in his stupid, smug, douchy face. I so look forward to more of his delusions in all his exit interviews. The guys on that tribe are an interesting bunch and quite a contrast to the ones on Coyopa. Jeremy, John and Drew all seem unable to not let their mouths run away with them and all seem to have short fuses and then there is Reed who so far has been eerily silent. Though I did notice he was the one who went to Jeremy to tell him that Keith was going around saying Jeremy had an idol. But I am curious to see if that's just a personality thing with him or it's a combination of personality and strategy in the game. 

• Love 10

I had noticed Kelley and her dimples before, she and Reed are my favorites so far. I'm glad she and the rest of the ladies and Jeremy managed to blindside Drew. I swear I felt myself getting dumber the more he spoke.

• Love 3

So incredibly satisfying. The women didn't have the votes but they stuck together to vote out the lazy ass. Good riddance to that long haired douche.

My takeaway from this episode: both Drew and Alec are pissy little arrogant bossy shits. I hope their parents watch this episode and feel ashamed for raising two huge assholes.

Question: in last week's preview they showed Drew saying telling the others that he is the kingpin of the tribe followed by a talking head where he says "basically I'm a badass". That was followed by a TH of Jeremy saying "basically he's a moron." Did I miss the "moron" TH tonight? I don't recall hearing it.

Edited by blackwing
  • Love 9

They need to watch their editing on this show.  The bootees are becoming way too obvious.

That being said..good riddance dopey big mouth Drew. 

I'm finding it very hard to find somebody to root for this season. 

• Love 2

I have a hard time understanding why both Jon and Jeremy sat out the immunity challenge. Does the "can't sit out two challenges in a row" rule still apply? Since there are only individual reward competitions, does that mean whoever sits out an immunity can't sit out the next one?

Jon is by far their best athlete (despite what Drew thinks) so I'm confused as to why he passed. Especially since he's shown he has great aim. He probably played basketball in addition to football.

That was great!  So much stupidity on display tonight.

I do wish we'd seen more of the Blue team becuase Drew's constant refrain that there were "snakes" on the tribe had no context at all.  And what made Kelly the head snake?  (Having watched all the episodes?!?!?)

Keith's panic over Jeremy having the idol was also boneheaded.   I laughed out loud when he marveled at the brand new concept of a "sub-alliance".  It was funny/sad that no one would join Jeremy in his outrage over Keith.  

Brava for the girls for taking the opportunity to strike while the men were in chaos. 

• Love 4

That was pretty obvious the whole way through, but a good blindside nonetheless! Two jerks gone, two weeks in a row!

Reed is all but invisible.

Yes, Julie did look as if she had received a fresh injection of collagen to the lips!

LOL!  That was one of the most satisfying tribal councils ever.  4 different people had votes cast against them?!  This tribe is a hot mess, as the twinnie said.

WOW... Drew is all kinds of stupid.  Throwing the challenge is a terrible idea no matter how untrustworthy you think your tribe is.  After all, this is a numbers game, so going into the merge with more people from your tribe is always better.  Also, by throwing the challenge you place yourself at risk unnecessarily, as Drew just learned the hard way.  It was hilarious that Drew was SO obvious in throwing the challenge.  In all honesty though, I think Coyopa was going to win this challenge anyway.  Then, Drew compounded his stupidity with his irrational hatred of Kelly.  "Kelly is running things", really?  I can't believe he didn't even bother to listen to John, HIS ALLY, when he was pushing for a different vote-off.  At least hear him out, buddy!  Finally, Drew slapped sexist on top of his stupid by referring to his female tribemates as "bitches".  What a total moron.  Stupidity must run in the family, because Alec sounded like a bit of a jerk to tonight when he was talking about Baylor.

I am glad that the blue tribe finally had to go to tribal council.  Now that they've been to tribal council, I finally feel like I can tell some of them apart from one another.

• Love 5

The editing made it very clear that Drew was going to get some severe comeuppance at Tribal Council, but who cares, it was still hilarious.  While his 'strategy' was 99 percent bullcrap, the 1% he was apparently correct about was that Kelley is a sharp player.  The yellow tribe's vote for Natalya is also looking smarter in retrospect since if she was as sharp as her sister, the Twins would've both been big threats to win this game.

It's interesting to see the lack of alliances or clear divisions in the blue tribe.  Every time they cut to a different group talking strategy, it seemed to be comprised of 4-5 different people.  In the initial group (I think it was Jon, Keith, Reed, Missy, Drew), Jon's idea to target one of the players without a loved one left made a lot of sense --- we saw how powerful Tyson and company were able to stick together once they were 'on their own' in the last Blood vs. Water season.  So getting rid of Julie or even Natalie or Jeremy would've been a decent move.  Of course then Drew just throws Kelley's name out of nowhere and refuses to budge when everyone else is like, "Kelley?  Uh, no."

I'm still trying to figure out where the HII is actually being hidden.  Both for John Rocker and Keith, it seems like they're just stratching away on the ground and it seems to just magically appear out of the ground like a snake.  And since Rocker left holding his idol, one can presume there's another one hidden back at the other camp, correct?

• Love 2
Question: in last week's preview they showed Drew saying telling the others that he is the kingpin of the tribe followed by a talking head where he says "basically I'm a badass". That was followed by a TH of Jeremy saying "basically he's a moron." Did I miss the "moron" TH tonight? I don't recall hearing it.

He said it right after someone approached him about voting out Drew - something like "Drew's a moron, but I'm not sure I want to vote him out"

• Love 2

No, Drew. They didn't vote you out because you were a threat. They voted you out because you were an ass.

And maybe it was just me, but I had a very hard time following Jon's "logic" about voting out someone who no longer has a "loved one" on the other tribe. Anyone who does still have a loved one conceivably has an automatic ally in the event of a merge. So . . . wouldn't you want to vote out someone who DOES still have a loved one in the game so that you can isolate them? Now, I understand that Jon would want to target "singles" since his girlfriend (?) is still on the other tribe. But still. It made no sense. I can't believe no one (like Natalie) pointed out the stupidity of that argument.

Or maybe it was entirely logical and I just missed it completely.

• Love 10

I thought it was funny how Drew expected to get some credit from his tribe for being bold enough to suggest a trade to Jeff. He kept saying things like "nobody else even wanted to ask". As if he thought they'd view him as the leader who they needed to keep around.

I like Jon the best of the guys on the blue tribe. He was the only one thinking strategically. He wanted to vote out a singleton who was also useless in challenges. That's Julie. But then Drew was all "Kelly's eeeeevil" and Jeremy's all "Keith was mean to me" and the guys fell apart. That said, Jon didn't even vote for his buddy Drew's pick or his own pick. He went with who Jeremy wanted out.

Edited by blackwing
  • Love 6

That makes two episodes in a row with a very satisfying boot. 

Good for the women for getting together, though they would have been idiots not to.  The women are still outnumbered by the men because of the disadvantage they started out with.  But given this particular group of guys, I can’t say they are at much of a disadvantage when it comes to the gender mix.  In any case, now the incentive is going to be for those without partners to align against those that have them.

I'm seeing hints of why Baylor is the most disliked player out there. She is starting to really get on my nerves worse than before and I'm not stuck out there with her.

Baylor?  I thought Alec was the one who came off looking particularly bad in that little disagreement.  I came away actually feeling a little sorry for Baylor for having to put with all that passive aggressive BS.  The mysogeny among those Christy boys runs deep.

Edited by viajero
  • Love 10