Type keyword(s) to search

This Is Life With Lisa Ling - General Discussion

• Start Topic

"Filthy Rich"

The entire second half, focusing on sex trafficking in a boomtown, was sad and important, but I felt like I was watching "3 a.m. Girls" (from Our America) a second time.  I know that what's Ling does --- she looks at the darkest parts of a story --- but I would rather have spent more time with the women (like the fuel truck driver) who work in legal jobs in an overwhelmingly male field.

That said, I enjoyed the one light moment in this episode:

Boomtown Babe (the coffee lady):  "You could get into this."

Ling:  "I have no tits or ass."

Boomtown Babe:  "You could buy some!"

Sugar Baby ep - I was expecting that these girls were using the money for college, and these girls did not fail me (for the most part). I saw a recent comparison - the minimum wage versus cost of college then (1970) and now. It was overwhelming. I saw the logic in one Sugarbaby saying. "I'm not going to look this way forever," but at the same time, given that some of the candidates were asking, "how much for a night?"....just, shudder. And the 30+ Sugarbaby who used her wages to set up a Sugarbaby consulting business? I mean, doing the Sugarbaby thing is not something I would do, but I understand that it exists, fine. However, I wouldn't encourage it, either.

The Genius Experiment -should have been more interested in this one, and wasn't. Instead of focusing on, "Are you a genius?" I wish the show had asked "How do you feel about being scientifically engineered to be one?"  Nevermind the pressure they may have felt throughout childhood. Just "your parents wanted a genius baby, how do you feel about that?"

Utah Drug Crisis - The girl's film of herself in the hotel will haunt me forever.  She was just crying out for her parents' help, for help with what I saw as depression, etc. It must be particularly hard for women in that religious culture - the other girl profiled was also divorced. You're pressured to meet all of these life goals before you've really lived, in a way. And you must internalize any failures. As I think the show pointed out, almost everything in the Mormon faith is forbidden (alcohol, caffeine) that it seems like there are no vices at all. 

Boomtown - I am thoroughly impressed by these women and their work ethic. All the same, I don't know about leaving your child in the care of its older sibling while you seek out a living thousands of miles away - because that's probably a burden for the sibling emotionally and just as difficult for the child left.  And the environment in the town, as the waitress said of guys hitting on women just because they're the only women there - would make me feel exceptionally threatened and odd. To say nothing of the sex trafficking in the last half hour. I hope local law enforcement is really policing and reaching out to young women trapped in that awfulness.

Edited by ScullyInApt42
  • Love 2

Morbs said:

to get rid of the PTSD of being on The View.

Ha!

"Ayahuasca"

I'm not sure how I feel about this episode.  On one hand, I feel like these people who are dealing with really serious trauma --- man who was molested as a boy, veteran with PTSD, woman who was raped when she was in the military --- are being exploited by the drug tourism trade.

On the other hand, most of them seem to have gone through tradition methods (psychiatry, anti-depressants) and they haven't worked for them.  This may be their last hope of finding some relief, or rest, or clarity.

I wish Ms. Ling had mentioned how much money these Ayahuasca camps are taking in, and how addictive it is.  if it is addictive they may be trading one Hell for another.

Edited by LeighAnne
  • Love 1

Morbs said:

Ha!

"Ayahuasca"

I'm not sure how I feel about this episode.  On one hand, I feel like these people who are dealing with really serious trauma --- man who was molested as a boy, veteran with PTSD, woman who was raped when she was in the military --- are being exploited by the drug tourism trade.

On the other hand, most of them seem to have gone through tradition methods (psychiatry, anti-depressants) and they haven't worked for them.  This may be their last hope of finding some relief, or rest, or clarity.

I wish Ms. Ling had mentioned how much money these Ayahuasca camps are taking in, and how addictive it is.  if it is addictive they may be trading one Hell for another.

I believe it was mentioned that a 10-day stint at the gringo shaman's camp was $1,000. I thought that was much cheaper than I expected it to be if the goal was to really take advantage of people. I'm sure the shamans make a good deal of money, but they could be really fleecing tourists. My take on it was, I don't know if it actually helps or if it's psychosomatic, but if it offers any kind of relief for those who are suffering, I'm all for it.

I did have concerns about the artist guy who said it was his 32nd time. He didn't mention any goal other than to basically free his mind or "vibrate at a higher frequency" or other nonsense, and I feel like he's going to end up brain damaged.

• Love 1

Marny, I had similar feelings about the ayuhuasca episode. The only one who gave me pause was the artist guy for the same reasons mentioned. Something was off about him and definitely thought he seems dependant on it.

The boomtown episode, in the same disturbing way minor trafficking is on the rise, I wonder how safe it really is for those women working amongst the men? Obviously this is only one story but a friend of mine visited there recently and the locals pretty much told her to stay indoors because it was dangerous for women to be out alone. They said women were being assaulted. I really do hope it's not as dire as as that!

I wondered about crime in general.  I imagine there's a ton of bar fights and people breaking into cars since people are living in them.  I actually didn't want the episode to end, it was just so insane.  I can't imagine the horror of those bathrooms in the man camps.

Just saw the stripper episode.  Wow, no winning that game.

Those two are making impressive money, but one of them is driving a Mercedes?  There's a bad moon on the rise.  In 20 years, they'll be driving a secondhand beater from place to place, trying to scruff up gigs.  I hope Lisa didn't have a professional conflict recommending an investment counselor.

The girl reduced to begging assholes for a dollar to show them her boobs--heartbreaker.

The stripper/author's story also made me sad.  (There's a haunting scene from some movie I can't remember where the hooker's erstwhile friend asks her if he can get a discount because she's kind of old.)

And, Lisa, you can say "These two are 21" until you're blue in the face, but that one girl mentioned being away from her child when she was 17 and he's only three now, so no dice on the 21 thing.

• Love 1

And, Lisa, you can say "These two are 21" until you're blue in the face, but that one girl mentioned being away from her child when she was 17 and he's only three now, so no dice on the 21 thing.

I thought she said she had a baby at 17, so she could be 21 now but the kid is still 3. For example, If she was 17 and 10 months when she gave birth, she'd be 21 after 3 years and 2 months went by, but the kid would still be 3.

I agree that the woman begging for a dollar to "show her boobies" was really sad. That was a rough looking strip club, and her co-workers were not the typical ladies you imagine as strippers either. With what she's making, it may be time for her to look for more traditional work.

• Love 1

Agreed. I am kind of surprised $1 boob girl didn't travel off to Sturgis in South Dakota for the bike rally. I dunno how far it is from where she's at, but I am sure she'd make a hell of a lot more money at the Sturgis biker event than she did in WI. It's all the same type of crowd, but a lot more of them. My folks lived outside Deadwood for a few years and would tell me the population exploded in late July/early August with all sorts of people trying to capitalize off the bikers.

• Love 1

Clara has got to be the worst stripper name ever, and then the sign advertised her as "Clarabelle" which is even worse because it's a name associated with a cartoon cow.  No wonder she can't get a dolla!

• Love 2

Clara has got to be the worst stripper name ever, and then the sign advertised her as "Clarabelle" which is even worse because it's a name associated with a cartoon cow.  No wonder she can't get a dolla!

I'm showing my age here, but when I hear Clarabelle, I think of the clown from Howdy Doody.

http://i.imgur.com/XIaF0K9.jpg

By the way, I'm not so old that I watched Howdy Doody; I remember the episode from Happy Days that revolved around Ritchie getting a picture of Clarabelle without his makeup.

Just saw the stripper episode.  Wow, no winning that game..

I just watched it, and while it was interesting I kind of wish she had dug a bit deeper. I mean she talks to the two Murtle Beach Strippers in their early 20's, and later talks to the woman in her 40's in New Orleans. But no real contrast or comparison was made between the ones who said they wanted to be out in a few years, and the one who was in her 40's and still working. 

Same with the woman in the ATV town. I mean she talked about how she could make around $500 a weekend. Which sounds kind of good when you are only working for say 4 hours. But if you are basically giving up a whole weekend, driving somewhere a few hours away, staying in a crappy hotel, probably eating crappy food and most importantly being away from your family then it doesn't sound so great. To me that is say $500 for 72 hours of work (which is not so good). Why didn't Lisa ask if it was worth it? 

Also she talked to the old stripper about how some people do sex work outside of the club. But what about inside of the club. I mean she mentioned that in most places a bouncer will be outside the door. But she also mentioned that the strippers were independent contractors and that they can make a few hundred bucks for a private dance. So I want to know, was Chris Rock right, or is there sex going on in those rooms?

That was a rough looking strip club, and her co-workers were not the typical ladies you imagine as strippers either. 

It may be kind of shallow but I (and my wife) both thought in general the strippers in this show were not nearly as hot as I was expecting. I mean the first two were ok looking, but after that the other two featured weren't. I guess the one who was in her 40's may have been hot in her prime, but that was a long time ago (and I was surprised when she was talking about how much she could make). And the one going to the ATV bars wasn't very hot as well. I guess they just rely on beer goggles a lot.  

• Love 2

Season 1 of this series is on Netflix now. I've watched the first four episodes so far (happy Labor Day to me, lol).

I was impressed with the women in the North Dakota episode. I'd been keeping an eye on that area ever since the fracking business blew up (pun unintended). I'd heard a lot of stories about bad things happening to women. I also liked that Lisa interviewed some 50-something women. Granted, they probably would have preferred to do something else, but they seemed to be in good spirits about it. It was funny how Lisa said, "Most women [that age] would be thinking about retirement"...truth is, a lot of us won't be able to retire comfortably.

The drugs-in-Mormon-land episode didn't surprise me one bit. The more conservative a society is, the more likely you'll find all kinds of destructive behaviors behind the scenes and underneath the sheets. I was afraid there would be a postscript about Sarah dying of an overdose.

I've been to two strip clubs in my life (I'm a woman) and the girls in the road stripper episode reminded me of the strippers I saw. The grown woman, not so much...it's good that she still has the stamina to travel for work. She still looks decent but the end is definitely near...and I mean that in a nice way. Good for her that she's already on a different path.

The sugar babies episode has me feeling some kind of way...As someone who used to be young and cute I understand the desire to take advantage of that with men (who, when it comes to young and cute women, tend to stay dumb regardless of age, lol) but I don't know if I'd be able to look myself in the mirror after a while. Perhaps if I'd grown up in more desperate circumstances, or had someone else to support...As for Rich and Taylor, I'm sorry, but she's just dumb. You know how you can make sure you're taken care of after he dies? Tell him to PUT A RING ON IT. It's not like he's married...!

I watched the Sugar Baby episode and it was interesting. It sounds really tempting,to have all of your debts paid and not have to worry about money. But, at the same time, I don't know if I could really have respect for myself.

I just caught up with this show as I wasn't aware it was returning and missed the original airing. 

The stories of Warren Jeff's children that he abused were heartbreaking and you could see the pain all over their faces. These are people who carry deep scars.

I thought it was really interesting when Lisa was talking to the group of people who had been kicked out or left and how they all said that if they'd known he was a pedophile he would not have been followed as the prophet. I found that hard to believe. From what I've read over the years in my long fascination with polygamy in the US,  there is a lot of reasoning away and denial and blame (the outside world is looking to discredit me, etc) when allegations get made in communities like this.

Overall, another excellent episode from LL. I really like her shows and style. 

• Love 2

Anyone else catch the Father/Daughter Dance story?  This one just ripped my heart out.  These girls need their fathers so much.  It's crazy how the lack of male role models continues its vicious cycle as we keep incarcerating huge numbers of young black men for drug offenses.  It was also striking how the inmates said they never felt a sense of accomplishment until they graduated from the Fatherhood program in jail.  I really hope there are more programs like this.

Also, yay for Lisa when she suggested condoms to one of the fathers.

• Love 6

I thought it was really interesting when Lisa was talking to the group of people who had been kicked out or left and how they all said that if they'd known he was a pedophile he would not have been followed as the prophet. I found that hard to believe. From what I've read over the years in my long fascination with polygamy in the US,  there is a lot of reasoning away and denial and blame (the outside world is looking to discredit me, etc) when allegations get made in communities like this.

ITA.  I suspect that even if you sat down many of Jeffs' hardcore followers and showed them concrete proof, they'd still find a way to justify or excuse it.  

I didn't catch the whole story, but I'm wondering what life is like for ex-FLDS members who still live in the community.  If the entire municipal government and law enforcement is FLDS, they could really make life hell for those people.

• Love 1

For many of them, it was the first time they'd worn a suit -- occasions for which one would need a tie were not part of their lives growing up.  This was a prime example of how drugs are everywhere, but that equality does not extend to who we lock up for drug offenses.

• Love 2

The LA coroner show was seriously sad.  I teared up hearing about the dog who was sitting sadly next to his deceased owner.  Then it was really sobering to be taken into the room full of the unclaimed belongings.  To have one's life reduced to a pack of cigarettes and a commemorative coin.  Just, wow.

• Love 2
On 11/17/2014 at 5:15 AM, Kel Varnsen said:

Also she talked to the old stripper about how some people do sex work outside of the club. But what about inside of the club. I mean she mentioned that in most places a bouncer will be outside the door. But she also mentioned that the strippers were independent contractors and that they can make a few hundred bucks for a private dance. So I want to know, was Chris Rock right, or is there sex going on in those rooms?

It may be kind of shallow but I (and my wife) both thought in general the strippers in this show were not nearly as hot as I was expecting. I mean the first two were ok looking, but after that the other two featured weren't. I guess the one who was in her 40's may have been hot in her prime, but that was a long time ago (and I was surprised when she was talking about how much she could make). And the one going to the ATV bars wasn't very hot as well. I guess they just rely on beer goggles a lot.  

Lets put it this way, the club where "private" rooms, providing legal cover and deniability, were not present the strippers were taking home dollar bills, the two shown before that scene were taking home Benjamins. And then we got to the older sex worker in a town known for limited vice enforcement.

Edited by Raja

I watcheda few episodes recently (MMA, heroin and legal brothels) and i find it is a weird combination of really obvuous information that Lisa seems really surprised by (MMA is really popular, heroin addicts might not follow through on their promises) and then some really shocking shit like that guy who basically said if not for his regular date at the brothel he might just be a sex offender, or the whole thing with kids mma.

• Love 2
On 11/15/2016 at 6:15 PM, Kel Varnsen said:

I watcheda few episodes recently (MMA, heroin and legal brothels) and i find it is a weird combination of really obvuous information that Lisa seems really surprised by (MMA is really popular, heroin addicts might not follow through on their promises) and then some really shocking shit like that guy who basically said if not for his regular date at the brothel he might just be a sex offender, or the whole thing with kids mma.

I think that's the part that bugs me. She seemed so mortified to learn that models have to keep thin and are judged by their looks. Really, Lisa? That's news? But then there are truly fascinating bits like inside the L.A. county coroner's department, or heartbreaking pieces like the victims of Warren Jeffs. It just seems like at the end of even really different worlds like those two, she never has much of substance to say. IMO she'd be better off just chronicling the encounters  and not bothering with her confession-style monologues.

• Love 1

I have watched all the shows LL has done. I liked her style in the earlier shows/documentaries but this series has left me a bit cold. I think some of it has to do with the fact that her topics are not new (at least to me). With the polygamy, coroner, and some of her earlier shows, those were fresh and I felt I was really learning about something new. It seems like most the topics now are retreads. I feel that we have seen prostitutes/brothels in a couple different forms. Same with drugs. Those are important things, don't get me wrong, but we have been there done that with Lisa. MMA felt like something I'd seen before too. I also think the quality of her commentary has declined. Who knows why... maybe she has other projects pulling her time or she herself feel a little bored by the subject matter. 

• Love 1

Did anyone else watch the first episode? I hadn't really watched her show on CNN before this. I had seen episodes of her previous OWN show though.

I enjoyed this episode and felt close to much of the subject matter. I was sad to see at the end that someone who had been featured in it died earlier this year.

• Love 4
On 10/2/2017 at 5:19 AM, Jaded said:

Did anyone else watch the first episode? I hadn't really watched her show on CNN before this. I had seen episodes of her previous OWN show though.

I enjoyed this episode and felt close to much of the subject matter. I was sad to see at the end that someone who had been featured in it died earlier this year.

I watched it too and found this episode compelling.  Like you, I was sad to see that Psalm had died.  I ended up researching and reading more about her on the internet and, while she seemed so vibrant and strong on tv, she apparently struggled a lot with depression and addiction issues, which resulted in her committing suicide.  I was grateful to see her on this show and learn more about her after watching- despite so much hardship (sexual abuse at an early age, being raised in a religious born again cult on a commune), she accomplished so much in her short life.  In addition to her work with clients in the U.S., she also volunteered with sex workers in India. She clearly had a big heart and sensitive soul and I was grateful that Lisa Ling introduced her to me, even if it was posthumosly. 

I also found the sexual surrogate discussion quite fascinating.  I wasn't sure how I felt about it at first, but seeing how life-changing the therapy was for those two men was very touching (pun not intended).

• Love 6

I watched last night's episode. About teenage sexual predators. What I learned from this is parents need to inform their children of what ages of consent mean in their state. Not all all the same and there is no federal age for this. Having sex as a teen with another teen older or younger could really change your life forever on both sides of the equation. Sad for everyone in these circumstances. 

• Love 2
On 10/16/2017 at 3:41 PM, sadtvjunkie said:

I watched last night's episode. About teenage sexual predators. What I learned from this is parents need to inform their children of what ages of consent mean in their state. Not all all the same and there is no federal age for this. Having sex as a teen with another teen older or younger could really change your life forever on both sides of the equation. Sad for everyone in these circumstances. 

Agreed. Me and my wife were also talking while watching this about how many bad things can happen to kids/teens just from having a smart phone. There doesn't seem to be a lot of discussion about the consequences of sending nude pics, and it's scary how many of them don't understand. But millions of teens have their own phone, with no monitoring of what they're sending or looking at. We don't have kids, but if we did, I'm pretty sure I'd make them carry a flip phone with no camera until they were of legal age.

• Love 2
On October 16, 2017 at 3:41 PM, sadtvjunkie said:

This show made me angry.  Do these laws exist in other first world countries?  If they don't, why not?  Are we just fucked up in America about sex?  If too many people get labeled "sexual predators", then being a sexual predator will eventually mean nothing and then THAT will be more dangerous.

But I don't think 12 year olds should have smart phones, flip phones yes, but smart phones?  No way.  

And there is something wrong with a law that thinks a FOURTEEN year old boy sending dick pics OF HIMSELF to a fourteen year old girl is a child pornographer.  That person might benefit from a brain transplant.  The law was meant to protect children from GROWN PEOPLE sending dick pics of CHILDREN to other GROWN PEOPLE.  See how easy that was.

Of course the judge didn't want to talk to Lisa, he didn't want people to see him and probably heckle him online.

Lisa said something honest, that she'd be furious if a boy sent dick pics to one of her daughters, any parent would.  But what happened to CALLING the other parent on the TELEPHONE and discussing things?  Why call the cops?  Was the teenage girl's father that impotent?  Why don't the parents of these kids just sit down and...I don't know, talk to each other?  

The 17 year old boy and the 14 year old girl, WTF?  I thought 17 was underage.  If two underage kids have sex then how is that breaking a law?  I am REALLY confused.  How can you be 17, unable to vote, yet be an adult?  I know that in NY you can be tried as an adult if you commit a crime like murder.  

Maybe I'm asking too much, for people to actually use their brains.  

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 4
On 10/21/2017 at 4:14 PM, Neurochick said:

Lisa said something honest, that she'd be furious if a boy sent dick pics to one of her daughters, any parent would.  But what happened to CALLING the other parent on the TELEPHONE and discussing things?  Why call the cops?  Was the teenage girl's father that impotent?  Why don't the parents of these kids just sit down and...I don't know, talk to each other?  

Thank you! My husband and I said the same thing.  I'd be absolutely livid if a boy sent a (presumably unrequested) dick pic to my child, but I would never think calling the police was the first move.  I'd be raising holy hell with the boy's parents.  Only if the parents blew off the incident and the kid kept doing it would I then consider other options.  But I can't understand how the first inclination is involving law enforcement instead of treating this as a matter to be handled among adults.

• Love 1

I am going to put this here because I am SO annoyed and I don't know if it's CNN or Time Warner/Spectrum.  But one of them or both of them are fucking cowards.

On Sunday, the show was called "America's First Muslims."  It was on demand on Monday.  I didn't have time to watch it Monday night, "I'll watch it later this week," I thought.  Boy, was I wrong.  On Friday I went on demand to look for the episode but I could not find it, at all.  Every other episode from this season was shown, EXCEPT that one and it's still not on the list today.  I didn't know what the hell had happened, and then I remembered:  On Tuesday we had a terrorist attack in NYC, eight people were killed, many were injured.  But that guy was some ISIS wannabe; the show Ling did on Sunday didn't have anything to do with ISIS.  So, either someone at Spectrum or CNN thought it was a good idea to pull the episode.  I'm like, shit, that's what is wrong with our country; we've stopped seeing each other as humans.  As long as we see people like, "the other" we'll forever be screwed. 

• Love 1
On 11/4/2017 at 3:12 PM, Neurochick said:

I am going to put this here because I am SO annoyed and I don't know if it's CNN or Time Warner/Spectrum.  But one of them or both of them are fucking cowards.

On Sunday, the show was called "America's First Muslims."  It was on demand on Monday.  I didn't have time to watch it Monday night, "I'll watch it later this week," I thought.  Boy, was I wrong.  On Friday I went on demand to look for the episode but I could not find it, at all.  Every other episode from this season was shown, EXCEPT that one and it's still not on the list today.  I didn't know what the hell had happened, and then I remembered:  On Tuesday we had a terrorist attack in NYC, eight people were killed, many were injured.  But that guy was some ISIS wannabe; the show Ling did on Sunday didn't have anything to do with ISIS.  So, either someone at Spectrum or CNN thought it was a good idea to pull the episode.  I'm like, shit, that's what is wrong with our country; we've stopped seeing each other as humans.  As long as we see people like, "the other" we'll forever be screwed. 

I live in NYC also. Right now that episode is available on the mobile app but not on the TV interface. Hmm. 

13 hours ago, LunaMia said:

Did anybody watch the latest episode called Modern Love? 

Did it give an update on the lady from Colorado with the 2 kids? My damn dvr cut off on the update screen. 

Mine did too.  So annoying!

ETA:  Aha, I found the ending on a second recording.  The three women stayed together and moved into a larger house.  Tracy from Colorado returned to Colorado.  The couple had a second child.  The two families are still in contact but I guess the polygamy thing didn't work out for them.  Didn't think it would.

Tracy should have first visited without her children.  Her son became so invested in the situation and he was bound to be terribly disappointed.

Edited by riverblue22
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

ETA:  Aha, I found the ending on a second recording.  The three women stayed together and moved into a larger house.  Tracy from Colorado returned to Colorado.  The couple had a second child.  The two families are still in contact but I guess the polygamy thing didn't work out for them.  Didn't think it would.

Tracy should have first visited without her children.  Her son became so invested in the situation and he was bound to be terribly disappointed.

Thank you! It was driving me nuts not to know the outcomes. I  agree that Tracy should have met him in person first without the kids. I don't think they had any chemistry in person.

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

Ah, thanks so much. I tried looking online and still couldn't find it.

Yes, the poor kids being dragged along must have been confusing. I noticed a sadness in her poor daughter. She never once smiled or interacted with anyone but the young toddler, it made a sad.

Yeah, they definelty didn't seem to have chemistry. I don't think the wife is 100% sold on the idea, she's just going along to make her husband happy. 

Celeste from the other couple was gorgeous! Thin or heavier, she was a looker. 

• Love 1
On 21/10/2017 at 4:14 PM, Neurochick said:

This show made me angry.  Do these laws exist in other first world countries?  If they don't, why not?  Are we just fucked up in America about sex?  If too many people get labeled "sexual predators", then being a sexual predator will eventually mean nothing and then THAT will be more dangerous.

Watched this one tonight and that was pretty messed up. It seemed crazy that the maximum possible sentence was 40 years in prison plus a lifetime in the sex offender registry. It seems like that kid could have murdered someone and ended up with less jail time, and certainly wouldn't have ended up on some bullshit registry.

• Love 1
On 11/4/2017 at 0:12 PM, Neurochick said:

For what is worth it just showed up on my system, which has been very slow in updating, without the "new" episode label. She is telling the story of the Nation of Islam. After a brief talk that many Muslims see the NOI as heretical she and the interviewees just used "Islam" as the description. A third of the way through after the interview of the NOI historian a police Sergeant and prison converts  there has no mention of Minister Farrakhan. 

I need to go to work before watching the rest of the episode.

I agree about the wife of the man who was interested in taking on another family.  While the wife said all the right things, it seemed to me that there was resentment or even anger inside her.  She tried to keep a lid on it, but, it shined through, imo.  And while I like Lisa LIng, it seemed to me that she was too much of a cheerleader for this kind of lifestyle.  Couldn't she see how that wife was NOT really on board with it.  I suspect that's one reason that Tracy felt uncomfortable too.  You can feel those vibes, regardless of the words. It's not for me to judge, but.....

The kids loved the place so much.  I wonder if Tracy considered relocating to the area and finding her own place.  You can't always rely on a man.  Was her children's dad involved?

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1