Type keyword(s) to search

Holiday and Seasonal Commercials

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

Same here, I don't remember any costume ads this year either. Most were candy ads and the horror movies... Used to be all sorts of costume companies advertising, I guess most were local, but nada this year.

And I didn't see the teenagers trying to hide from the chainsaw maniac ad this year.

• Sad 10
29 minutes ago, Tom Holmberg said:

And I didn't see the teenagers trying to hide from the chainsaw maniac ad this year.

Yeah,  I didn't see that one either, that is one of my favorite seasonal commercials.

Edited by Gramto6
dumb random periods!
  • Like 8
  • Sad 1
7 hours ago, Tom Holmberg said:

I don't think they aired it, for the first Halloween since it was introduced.  Which really ought to be codified somewhere as a criminal offense!

• Like 5
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 1

I saw a Hobby Lobby Christmas commercial last night where a teenage boy decorates the tree and folds the laundry for his overworked mom who is working the night shift as a nurse.  Is that an old commercial?  It was kind of familiar but I'm not so sure.  It did make me cry.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

I saw a Hobby Lobby Christmas commercial last night where a teenage boy decorates the tree and folds the laundry for his overworked mom who is working the night shift as a nurse.  Is that an old commercial?  It was kind of familiar but I'm not so sure.  It did make me cry.

Yes, old commercial.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I saw my first non-sappy Jared's commercial today. It was just saying the holidays are here, time to buy jewelry, putting it in line with its sister companies Kay and Zales. I find it amusing that Kay and Zales are opposite of one another at my local mall.

• Like 1
On 10/31/2023 at 10:44 PM, InDueTime said:

Just candy and horror themed movie marathon ads. I don't know if some new corporate heads are against the holiday or what.

I didn't even see many Halloween commercials.  Didn't see the really good Geico ones at all.

• Sad 3
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I saw the Geico chain saw, don't take the running car one, but only a couple of times. 

I love the Oreo/Santa commercial with the Yeti driving to bring Santa Oreos, they've been running it for the last week.   

I love his HO! HO! HO!

• Like 2
On 11/7/2023 at 2:45 PM, Kimboweena said:

I love this!

John Travolta reprises his Saturday Night Fever strut as Santa in new Christmas advert - Smooth (smoothradio.com)

https://www.smoothradio.com/news/entertainment/john-travolta-saturday-night-fever-santa-video/

I just saw this. Fabulous commercial! Look forward to seeing it again. 

I saw the M&Ms Santa commercial last night. The one where Santa and the M&M faint. Love it. 

• Like 5

I was surprised with the John Travolta Santa commercial last night.  I hadn't seen anything about it.  I actually whooped when Donna Pescow showed up.  This morning I've seen abbreviated versions of it on the computer but it's just not the same without the whole build-up.  I hope they keep showing the longer version.  It's so good!

• Like 7
2 hours ago, bunnyface said:

I was surprised with the John Travolta Santa commercial last night.  I hadn't seen anything about it.  I actually whooped when Donna Pescow showed up.  This morning I've seen abbreviated versions of it on the computer but it's just not the same without the whole build-up.  I hope they keep showing the longer version.  It's so good!

I like it too and I don't even like John Travolta anymore.

• Like 7
3 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

I like it too and I don't even like John Travolta anymore.

Yeah, I didn't even bother clicking on it last night, figuring I wouldn't be into it, but when I saw the positive replies this morning I decided to give it a look -- it's fun.

• Like 5
On 11/11/2023 at 12:02 PM, Kimmmmmm said:

Love the Macy's ad with the cutest little boy who gives Santa a pair of slippers for after work.

I can't make out what the little boy is saying to Santa when he gives him the slippers.  What does he say?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, freeser said:

I can't make out what the little boy is saying to Santa when he gives him the slippers.  What does he say?

He says, "this is for after work"

Edited by Kimmmmmm
  • Like 6
31 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

Really? I just thought he was doing as @Phebemarie said and blocking his view of toys in general.

26 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

I don't know but it's a very pink aisle.

I hadn't seen this commercial yet (thankfully; I do not want to see Christmas ads already), but looked it up just now:

The Barbie end cap is just one of several -- there's also a Lego one before it and something I don't recognize after it.  He hides them all from view as he walks by, lest he get distracted. 

Edited by Bastet
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1

I love the long version of the sledding Amazon commercial, where they show the women as kids sledding. 

The Hobby Lobby commercial with the son is so cute. 

One of my favorites is back, the M&Ms meet Santa and they both say "He does exist".   I just saw another M&Ms commercial, that I never saw before, with the M&Ms sitting on a sofa, it was so cute.  Unfortunately, the M&Ms brought the snowman inside to warm up by the fire, with unfortunate results. 

I wish they would show the Wells Fargo (maybe Wells Fargo, but maybe not) where the stage coach is going to the town, and the snowpeople hand the horses their carrot noses to feed them.  

I miss the Coca Cola polar bears commercials too. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 4
51 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The Hobby Lobby commercial with the son is so cute. 

I miss the Coca Cola polar bears commercials too. 

Yeah, I like the Hobby Lobby commercial but hate Hobby Lobby so I am conflicted by that one.

What happened to the Coke polar bears ads? They were good!

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
On 11/11/2023 at 1:02 PM, Kimmmmmm said:

Love the Macy's ad with the cutest little boy who gives Santa a pair of slippers for after work.

I love how he averts his eyes passing the toy department.

ETA: I'm not sure the old ladies on sleds ad would be as touching if it weren't for "In My Life" as the soundtrack.  I think it's my favorite Beatles song.

Edited by Prevailing Wind
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

One of my favorites is back, the M&Ms meet Santa and they both say "He does exist". 

There's another commercial using The Nutcracker music and I always look up hoping it's the M&Ms one, but it never is.  Ritz crackers, I think?

• Like 3
15 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

ETA: I'm not sure the old ladies on sleds ad would be as touching if it weren't for "In My Life" as the soundtrack.  I think it's my favorite Beatles song.

It would -- I don't even know the song, and I find the commercial quite moving.

18 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I want to see the Chewy commercial where the dog grabs the stick off of the snowman and it screams and the little kid falls face first in a dead faint. It's a nice little palate cleanser from all the sappiness.

It's for Greenies, but I like that one, too:

(I like even more the other one of their dogs and sticks commercials where a guy and his dog are stranded on an island, the guy spells out HELP with sticks, and the dog removes a stick from the P so it reads like HELO, and the pilots flying overhead read it as "Hello" and just say "Hello" back and wave.)

23 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I'm waiting for the one where the guy asks if the turkey is ready, and the frustrated women throws out the flying, flaming turkey.  "Here's the turkey!"

Yes -- love that flaming turkey:

(I also love the other one in that series, contrasting between the peaceful home of the single woman and the hellscape that is her sister's house with kids.)

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
15 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

I love how he averts his eyes passing the toy department.

I think it would.  What makes it touching to me is the ladies reliving a happy time from their childhoods.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

This pure genius! Did not even realize who it was until the last line! Donna Pescow too! she looks beautiful!

Edited by xls
added content
  • Like 1
  • Love 3