Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelorette in the Media

• Start Topic

On 12/1/2016 at 2:52 PM, truthaboutluv said:

So when did this become a right of passage for Bachelor/Bachelorette couples?

Ashley and JP on Marriage Boot Camp

And when did they film this, since didn't she just have a baby and she doesn't even look pregnant there. I mean I know DWTS is calling as much but this is just ridiculous. 

Marriage boot camp is a bad idea.  Jade and Tanner said they were doing it to get stronger or something, but they did not come across well at all.  it really exposes all your insecurities and flaws in a very unpleasant way.  

Edited by backformore

Long article in the NY Times today about the rift in the Rogers family; mentions Jordan and JoJo and how that's what brought the rift into the public eye.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/15/sports/football/aaron-rodgers-green-bay-packers-nfl-playoffs.html?_r=0

With Jordan’s comments, the spotlight burned brighter on a family still adapting to Rodgers’s sky-high profile, which soared after the Packers’ Super Bowl victory in February 2011 and the start of his relationship with the actress Olivia Munn in 2014.

“One in the news is enough for us,” Rodgers’s father said. He spoke at his office on Monday morning during a break between patients, looking down at his hands, clasping and unclasping them.

“Fame can change things,” he added.

1 minute ago, huahaha said:

How on earth did the New York Times consider that news? That article would've been a stretch back when Jordan actually made the comments (several months ago). But today???

Probably mostly because the Packers are in the playoffs now, and the "drama" that his family isn't involved with the "excitement."

Honestly, I don't know what happened in this family and what the story is but I can't help noting that the person who has stayed silent about all of this is Aaron. Yes, maybe it's because he's the huge asshole who abandoned his family but sorry, I side eye people who feel the need to run to the press about their personal family issues. So far the person who looks good and like they're taking the high road, is Aaron.

• Love 10

I guess it's bigger news because also Jordan lives in Dallas and could be there.

I feel bad for his parents. Also sad to see his grandfather in that photo and Aaron didn't care to even show for his funeral. What did his grandparents do to him?

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 2

I was hanging around the nfl reddit for the first time 2 wk ago (good forum BTW) and the Rogers rift came up in a thread. I was surprised that the prevailing theory there was that the rift was over Jordan cheating on Olivia Munn's BFF. Which is so different from the theory in Bach nation.

If that theory is right, it makes him look worse. He cut off his parents and grandparents over a relationship they had nothing to do with and over Oliva's BFF? If he chose Olivia's BFF over his family, that's more worse.

On ‎2017‎-‎01‎-‎22 at 3:52 PM, gator12 said:

Getting married? Already?

Will it be on ABC? Wonder how Kaitlyn feels about this

Why would Kaitlyn care about JoJo and Jordan getting married?

Because Kaitlyn is extremely bitter about the show and producers ignoring her and Shawn, while also claiming she was so traumatized by how their great love story was treated. And she's hinted before that she and Shawn would have gladly gotten married by now if ABC was willing to foot the bill. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Because Kaitlyn is extremely bitter about the show and producers, while also claiming she was so traumatized by she and Shawn's great love story was treated. And she's hinted before that she and Shawn would have gladly gotten married by now if ABC was willing to foot the bill. 

I always find it curious how people say they don't have enough money to marry.  Good grief.  You don't have enough money for a fancy wedding.  Those are 2 different topics. 

• Love 7

Good for Jojo and Jordan.  They look really happy together.

ABC will for sure pay for it to be aired, they'll probably make a summer special out of it.

Edited by Artsda
14 hours ago, Bunky1412 said:

Trista and Ryan are going to be on Good Morning America tomorrow for anyone who is interested.  That engagement seems like a lifetime ago. 

I think they've been married about ten years now?  No, according to Wiki, they were married in 2003, so that's 14 years.

So apparently Kaitlyn isn't watching The Bachelor.  This statement of hers, though, makes no sense: 

I don't think it’s scripted… I don’t think you need a script when you have that much emotion

What does she mean "I don't think it's scripted"?  She was there for the Bachelor & Bachelorette, I think she should know whether the shows were scripted or not.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/01/31/former-bachelorette-kaitlyn-bristowe-doesnt-have-time-to-watch-show-that-made-her-famous.html

Edited by ByTor

Just read an interview with Kaitlyn on Yahoo.  She seems very  bitter about her Bachelorette experience.  I found this paragraph rather interesting.

Bristowe's relationship with Bachelor producers changed after watching the season. "You get really close to them," she shared. "You almost confide in them, and you're a little naïve because you don't have anyone else. You trust them, and then once you watch the show back, you're like, 'Oh, I don't trust you.'"

I think what it all came down to was the fact that the producers were all set to give the role to Britt, but fans and "Bachelor Nation" demanded that it should be Kaitlyn, instead.  They bowed to the pressure, but through the editing, made her the worst Bachelorette, ever. 

• Love 1

The viewers that wanted Kaitlyn as Bachelorette got EXACTLY what they asked for.  And that group was by far the loudest, but not necessarily the biggest.  

I preferred Britt, but chose not to take to social media to blast that out, because in the long run, it really was no huge deal to me.  And Britt actually came out the winner.  Unexploited, unsmeared, and she moved on to whatever non-fame whoring life she wants, away from the cameras.  I'm happy for her and have ZERO sympathy for Kaitlyn.  She cut her own deal.   

But I don't actually think anybody connected with making the show "bowed" to anybody.  They can say whatever they want and nobody can prove or disprove it.  They make the viewers their scapegoat if things go wrong, but take all the credit for any success.  That's how Reality shows work.   

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, ribboninthesky1 said:

Ha, I had the same reaction, @chocolatine! Is that the brother who was on his own reality show awhile back? If so, he looks totally different.  The bride didn't seem to find the joke that funny, but eh, camera angles.  

Ben Patton was the brother with the reality show. He's the one who posted the first picture. Matt Patton, the one who got married, is the other brother. They are JoJo's half-brothers actually, from her mother's first marriage.

ETA: just took a closer look at the second Insta and realized Jordan has also joined the product shilling brigade. It's kinda tacky considering that he's attending a wedding on a billionaire's private island; you'd think he could have paid for his own tux.

Edited by chocolatine

I guess a package can be rented out for regular people, but I really doubt it comes with Richard Branson being with you all week. lol Attending everything and officiating. 

Well there's for sure not love lost between Kaitlyn and Fleiss.

‘Bachelorette’ slams show creator over ‘DWTS’ shut-out

Former “Bachelorette” Kaitlyn Bristowe is not happy that Nick Viall is joining this season of “Dancing With The Stars.”

“Someone stop me from going on a twitter rant right now,” she tweeted on Monday night after “Bachelor” creator Mike Fleiss announced the “historic” news.

Bristowe was responding to observations from former “Bachelor” Chris Soules’ ex Whitney Bischoff, who wondered, “Why does a bachelorette never get this gig @BachelorABC?!? I wanted to see @kaitlynbristowe shake her tail feather!”

Bristowe, 31, then said she was actually offered a spot on the dancing show, but that the creator of “The Bachelor” strangely wouldn’t “allow” her to participate — even though former “Bachelors” Sean Lowe, Chris Soules and Jake Pavelka have all been “DWTS” contestants in the past. Both shows air on ABC.

“Actually I was offered it, had the contract & Mike Fleiss told me I wasn’t allowed,” she wrote, adding, “He said he didn’t want people wanting fame after his show.”

Trista Sutter has been the first and only “Bachelorette” to have been on “DWTS.” That was back in 2005.

Melissa Rycroft, who was on “The Bachelor,” not “The Bachelorette,” was on the dance series in 2009 and again for the “All Stars” season. She took home the Mirror Ball trophy when she returned in 2012.

Bristowe, a dance teacher, further threw shade at Fleiss for saying the announcement of Viall joining the show was “historic.” “Just had a historical spin class. That’s how you use that word right?” she wrote.

On Tuesday Fleiss shot back, “Melissa R has a mirror ball. So quickly they forget!”

Bristowe was the “Bachelorette” in 2015 and Viall was her runner-up. She’s still engaged to Shawn Booth. Meanwhile, 36-year-old Viall is back for the fourth time on the hit reality show trying to find love.

Reps from ABC and Warner Bros. declined to comment.

So according to Kaitlyn, Mike Fleiss has the power to determine what any individual ever appearing on any of his shows can do in the future?  And NOBODY at ABC or Warner Brothers can decide otherwise?  Really Kaitlyn?  DWTS had you under contract & Fleiss broke it on your behalf?

I think that's a load of crap combined with a truck-load of sour grapes.  

But now ABC has given me another show to boycott.  I refused to watch Ick Vile as Bachelor & refuse to watch him on anything else.  They've got a shitty new cast this season anyway.  They can just give the damn mirrorball to Simone Biles & be done with it.  

• Love 6
13 hours ago, leighdear said:

So according to Kaitlyn, Mike Fleiss has the power to determine what any individual ever appearing on any of his shows can do in the future?  And NOBODY at ABC or Warner Brothers can decide otherwise?  Really Kaitlyn?  DWTS had you under contract & Fleiss broke it on your behalf?.  

Well,  Rob Mills, ABC SVP for alternative programming, said on a podcast this week (Channel 33's Bachelor Party) that yes, this is legit.  It was right after CHris Soules.  Chris was a dud on the show.  It reportedly destroyed any chance of his relationship with WHitney, so Fleiss thought it was bad for the brand and said no.  

This is my addtional thought:  ABC thought it was bad for the DWTS brand to break up couples and have another boring Bachelor contestant right away.  IE: BORING to always have the  kind of contestants every season.  And it's not like Kaitlyn was a successful Bachelorette.  SHe destroyed her season.  She was the anti-Melissa.  SO its not like they felt a ton of upside. 

2 hours ago, fib said:

It reportedly destroyed any chance of his relationship with WHitney, so Fleiss thought it was bad for the brand and said no.

Does that mean he has absolutely no confidence that Nick and his chosen will last so why not let him go on the show? haha Cause, if it was bad for the brand for that reason then, why is it okay now?

YMMV but I actually think it's the opposite. The story is that he didn't think Kaitlyn doing the show was a good idea because she was right on the heels of Farmer Chris' disaster. However, since Kaitlyn's season we've had her and Shawn still together, Ben and Lauren still together (though that one may be iffy but we've heard no official breakup announcement) and Jordan and JoJo. I don't see him agreeing to it for Nick if he and his F1 were already done or likely heading that way. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I always liked Chris Soules and watched that season of DWTS specifically for him.  I never found him to be a dud.  And I don't think he & Whitney were ever going to last. 

5 hours ago, fib said:

It reportedly destroyed any chance of his relationship with WHitney, so Fleiss thought it was bad for the brand and said no.  

So in addition, Mike Fleiss gets to pass judgement on all the relationships that come from his shows and the future actions of those couples?  What does he say about HIM sponsoring the fake "marriage" of Marcus & Lacey, complete with a beach-front "ceremony"?  Who "ruined" that?   

Nope, Fleiss is a pig, a liar and just and makes up crap as he goes along.   Nothing is bad for the brand if it makes him money, or gets attention.  He doesn't care about the reputation or emotional well being of anybody appearing on his shows.  What an Idiot.

And while Mills has his lips firmly planted on Fleiss's ass, he has ZERO credibility to me.  He's no better than Fleiss, just poorer.  

Edited by leighdear

I think what Mills said actually makes a lot of sense. First of all, there have never been contestants from this show on two consecutive seasons of DWTS. It's kind of overkill even in the best of circumstances. Second of all, Chris's status as a newly engaged man was milked quite a bit with Whit in the audience every week and her being interviewed on the online stream. In the meantime Chris looked more interested in Witney than Whitney and a couple of weeks before Chris was eliminated, Whitney just disappeared from the audience. Then a few weeks later they called it quits. That's not exactly positive PR for either show. Putting Kaitlyn, the loose cannon, on the show with her jealous and insecure (on Kaitlyn's season) new fiancé watching from the sidelines, probably seemed like a risk on the best of days. Plus she's annoying and entitled and thinks she can do anything and still get what she wants. I have no doubt Fleiss enjoyed telling her it's a no-go, but I think Kaitlyn is wilfully is ignoring a lot of legitimate reasons in favour of turning this into some act of feminism. Really she's just jealous and pissed off because Nick of all people got the gig she so desperately wanted. I highly doubt she even had any sort of final contract in her hands. Probably one of those ABC contracts they make at least three people sign every year before they announce the next lead.

• Love 4

Love the cover pic - the look on Emily's baby's face is perfection.  

The other pics - Emily isnt looking as glam without her spray tan.  It took me a minute to figure out why she looked weird.  That said, these women look amazing considering they all have tiny babies and more. 

• Love 2

I would've rather had Des, Jillian or Ashley on the cover. They are all cute but I have to say, Jillian's baby is another level of adorable. I follow her on Instagram and he is so lively and adorable. Asher looks like a cute grumpy old man. And I LIVE for Essie's hair even if her name is terrible.

• Love 1

Emily looks so much better on that cover!  I always found her so artificial and overly made-up on the show, so I love seeing her look a little more natural and beautiful.

• Love 2