Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Discussion

ShaNaeNae
  • Start Topic

I missed most of the comments from Sue - Brett's work buddy - after B/D's ceremony, but it seemed as though she was still expressing her displeasure over their union, but was resigned to it.  Does anyone recall her actual comments?  Seems like it's a good time for her to butt out...

• Love 2

Any good vibes I had about Dani (weren't many) left when she was blubbering about how Mo was gone and not about how her electric had gotten turned off. Why wasn't she blubbering about her kids having to do homework in the dark?

And then the power is back on and the a/c is set to 64?! Dude, when you are broke and have no job, you have to cut back. I know how hot and humid Midwestern summers are and they're in an upstairs apartment, but it's gonna suck when she can't pay the next bill and they don't even have power to run a fan! But this is the genius who didn't realize that you don't spend money on a damn wedding when there's not enough in the bank to cover the bills. Any adult should have had the sense to realize a courthouse wedding was going to have to suffice.

• Love 4

I loved that the one daughter who always speaks for the rest basically said, "We don't give a shit whether he's here or not."

Amen, sister. That poor kid is used to being the voice of reason in a house with no real adults. Kudos to the editors who juxtaposed that with Dani's absurd attempt to claim that Mo was abandoning his family or whatever. This is about her and her pain and her fantasy being challenged, nothing else. And she's the one who's let her kids down.

When Jason and Cassia went into the best friend routine...tragic. Maybe Jason actually believes that, but there's no way Cassia does. She looked so resigned to her fate.

Can't wait for the reunion.

• Love 4

I think weddings are so individualized that I won't comment on style or pricing choices.  My husband and I chose a pair of fair simple tungsten carbide bands for < $200 each because (A) we both agreed that we didn't want fancy or expensive rings as accessories, (B) tungsten carbide is very durable and doesn't scratch easy, which is good because I'm clumsy and am always banging my hands, and © we're both chemists and the thought of having tungsten rings just tickled us.  So I won't judge anyone else's choices.

Danielle and Mo are a train wreck.  I don't really like either of them and mostly just feel bad for the children.  I don't see that marriage lasting, and even if it does, I don't see them convincing a immigration officer it's genuine enough to get a permanent green card.

• Love 7

The sound was ridic.  I turned the volume way up and we still couldn't hear.  I know Yamir could understand ENglish, but wouldn't it be easier if Chelsea read her vows in Spanish?

I was feeling sort of sorry for Mo since I feel Dani is an A-1 manipulator, but dude, don't leave for 3 days and then show up and be taking advantage of the newly paid for electricity and sucking up that AC and using that internet.  Stick with her with the lights on and off!

Justin and Evelin... Snore Bore.... seriously.  

Cassia's black hair updo with a blond bun was not the best look.   I think Jason put her engagement finger on as her wedding ring.   I mean, I just did the same thing, but we got married at city hall and now have rings that we secretly wear (long story).

She deserves better than Jason.

Can't wait for NYC!

If Mohamed was broke, how could he afford to just leave and live elsewhere for several days? You are married, bozo.

• Love 1

Those rings on Chelsea were the worse. Well, maybe the semi-translucent skirt. At least have it lined or something.

I mean, I want to hate Mo, but I am sure he didn't come to the U.S. thinking that he would be living without electricity! People leave their countries and move to the U.S. for stable utilities.

Dani was making it about the kids when she knows it's not about the kids. She looked better in the previews. That comment was my good deed for the day.

Mohamed has sworn to the U.S. government that he came here because he wanted to marry an American citizen. If not for that, he would get nowhere near the country.

I noticed none of the vows included "till death do us part." I hope that line is omitted from all weddings nowadays because more than half fail.

Edited by DangerousMinds

I don't think Chelsea would be dumb enough to get pregnant. I think she's been eating U.S. food for the first time in what... a year or more? Fries, burgers, pizza... that'll fatten you up in no time. I've seen pix of the two of them online and Yamir is a chubster now also.

I know she really wanted her mother to make her dress, but Mom should have been a little more on the ball and finished it weeks ago, not a half hour before the ceremony. And Chelsea might have done better to pull a Scarlett and wrap a curtain panel around her waist instead of that ill-fitting sheer thing she had on.

I'm not sure what Mo and the daughter were going at the computer, but whatever it was they didn't want anyone knowing about it. I believe he moved in with one of Danielle's friends, according to several posts in the spoiler thread. Which now are no longer spoilers.

Regarding previews of the reunion, please comment about that show in the spoilers thread until it airs, as many want to be surprised. Thanks!

• Love 2

And Chelsea might have done better to pull a Scarlett and wrap a curtain panel around her waist instead of that ill-fitting sheer thing she had on.

This cracked me up! Or even better, to pull a Carol Burnett and just wear the entire draperies, pole and all!

• Love 5

Ok first off, for us the sound was really off like the background music was incredibly loud and we could barely hear them speaking especially Chelsea and Dani and sometimes Eveline (sp?)  I'm sure they are going to back pedal next week and try to cover up all this stuff between Dani and Mo. This will be interesting to watch....

No joke. I'm not even done with the episode (I DVR'd it) but I jumped ahead to come here and post that I can't hear a damn thing.

• Love 1

Dani & Mo - What the frick... over. The girls speak the truth. They are raising Danielle. The minor DaniMo appearance tonight was highly disappointing. At least it is summertime, so the girls don't have homework?

Brett & Daya - I, too, was surprised that sistah-mom was not in attendance. Very nice that Daya's aunts were there for her. That purple tux: Prom '99 called, they want their rental back. Cassidy seemed to be genuinely into Daya, and I think she is in it for the long haul.

Jason & Cassia - Jean will forever be, "Look, there's Jean" in that dull, Jason voice for me. The wedding though. Come on, Mama Jean, Cassia didn't ask you to take in her dress a little for her? She was in danger of a nip slip. I think the style was definitely Cassia, but that up-do/tiara needs to go back in time with Brett's prom tux. Jason's tux was just very ill-fitting. Like he was the body double for Bob Cratchit in the Norwalk Community Theatre production of "A Christmas Carol."

Chelsea & Yamir - Sadly, that is EXACTLY the skirt Chelsea intended it to be (if you saw her sketch)- smh... It needed a lining! Clearly, her mom's only previous sewing experience was high school home ec, where she got a C-. And what 13-year-old girl doesn't know how to operate a curling iron? You can't tell me she was granola from birth. At least Yamir's mom knew where to put the boutonniere.

Totally forgot about Justin & Evelin... Ho hum... She looked beautiful. Did they seriously chug that champagne? That's all.

Edited by hawkhd

Yest. 7:05 pm

Ok first off, for us the sound was really off like the background music was incredibly loud and we could barely hear them speaking especially Chelsea and Dani and sometimes Eveline (sp?)

Oh good it was not just me.  I just installed a new sound bar and thought something was wrong with it.

I'm really surprised that Brett' s mom split. Not very farsighted of her. What about ever seeing her granddaughter again? Did she think of that? Bad form and bad manners, in my opinion.

I was extremely disappointed the mother didn't attend. She said her piece and could have just attended for Cassidy's sake. If Daya gets pregnant, will she have nothing to do with the children?  Just a really immature move on her part, IMO. I would think at her age she'd know that it's best to pick your battles with your children. Not every fight is worth winning and I'm sure her decision will have repercussions for many years to come. Did she really think that telling her son about her reservations ONE day before the wedding, after thousands of dollars have been spent and Daya has bonded with Cassidy, that this would have gone over well? She seemed smarter than that.

Chelsea, what kind of planning went into the wedding?? It seemed liked none. People flew in for the celebration, at least put some effort in.

I could see the aesthetic Chelsea was going for (very rustic Pinteret-y), but some elements looked very rushed. As beautifully dressed up as Yamir's family was, I wondering if they were expecting a more formal ceremony. Anyways, I loved seeing Yamir walk down the aisle with his parents as Chelsea walked down with hers though. Beautiful touch. I think they are very much in love.

and yet she couldn't pick up a simple, long, white skirt while she was at the store?

I get the sentiment behind having your mother make your wedding dress, but yeah, it wasn't a bright idea to have the mother so involved in food preparation and decorating if you also need her to make a two-piece outfit for your wedding day. Mom was a trooper though and didn't complain. Anyone notice that the skirt was pretty sheer when held up to the light? It didn't seem to have a second layer or lining. I do think Chelsea should have had a backup outfit, but obviously, everything worked out as it should have.

Evelin looked amazing. Loved the makeup and the simple dress, but really, she's so naturally beautiful that she could have walked down the aisle bare-faced and I would have thought she looked great. I think the comments Justin's mother made to Evelin were very sweet and heartfelt. Out of all of the couples, I think Justin and Evelin have the best odds of making it and I wish them all of the best.

I forgot about Cassia! I didn't like her dress, but eh, she has a cute body and she's in Vegas, so why not wear something sexy? I thought the ceremony was very nice. I also think they have good odds of working out. I do hope Jason becomes a little more sensitive to Cassia, but since he went back to the hotel room after he realized he shouldn't have left her alone, I think he's becoming a little more self-aware.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 3

A. That picture of Danielle is both horrific and perfect.

2. I have never looked forward to anything as much as I am looking forward to the reunion show next week.

Does Mohammed understand that immigration may be watching this show? Get it together, man.

• Love 5
This episode was a fail because Mo's friend Bilbo Baggins didn't make an appearance.

Agreed! Another appearance from Mr. Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer would have been GOLD (Jerry, gold!)

Hmmm I missed the live episode and caught it on Comcast on Demand and my volume was fine.  That must have been really irritating, tho.

OMG Dani and Mo are the biggest trainwreck that ever wrecked and I'm just co-signing to the idea that the reunion can not possibly get here fast enough!

I thought Daya and Evelin looked lovely.  I'm still loving Justin's mom, and thought that the scene between her and E after the wedding was very sweet.  I'm glad he changed his mind and had his family and friends there.  I wish her family would have been able to be there, though.

It just struck me who the "Darth Vader" SIL reminds me of though--the actress Jessica St. Clair!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1167794/?ref_=tt_cl_t7

Brett didn't kiss Daya at the end of the ceremony. He just hugged her. She didn't look surprised though.

I remember in that scene with his roommate before Daya arrived, Brett made a comment that Daya was very "particular" about aesthetics, including hair and makeup.  I am thinking there is a possibility that she told him beforehand that she didn't want him to kiss on the lips so as not to ruin her lipstick and lip gloss. 

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 1

One thing that was brought up at Casa LG was how Brett's roommates were dressed for the event.  Everyone else was dressed up for the event yet they are in polo-shirts?  I know not everyone dresses up, but one should at least have a wedding/funeral ensemble... maybe a nice button down?  

• Love 4

Does Mohammed understand that immigration may be watching this show?

Watching, hell I bet they are secretly funding this show.   Makes ICE's job soooo much easier.   Think of what is on the unaired footage.    The couples go into the interview and there is a tv with a dvd player set up.    Mo turns dead white and almos tpasses out.   Dani just smiles that stupid smile of hers and talks about their undying love as the film rolls.

• Love 4

I haven't watched the show yet. I have a few questions/thoughts

Mohamed took off? Did he go on the honeymoon by himself? I have to say, he has really upped his game. He has gone from amateur Danielle-avoidance to professional level Danielle-avoidance. Gone is the man who was so easily foiled in his attempt to avoid holding Danielle's hand by clasping his behind his back.  Now we have a guy who had a (seemingly) bulletproof reason for avoiding the wedding kiss, and who, by taking off, has masterfully killed two birds with one stone. Not only no immediate sex with Danielle, but by leaving he also manufactured a "fight" with her, which could be used as an additional excuse for not only not sexing her, but not even sleeping in the same room with her. He can draw that out for weeks. Months! I think his calls home have been to professional bezeness men who have been helping him strategize.

If Brett's mom left, maybe that was for the best. If she really felt he was making the wrong decision and couldn't get over it, better for her to leave than sit there seething and/or pouting the whole time. If you don't support the marriage, it really is a kind of hypocrisy to sit there and pretend that you do. Daya will  probably try to f- up the relationship between Cassidy and her grandmother, but she won't be very effective because Brett is a puss and won't support her. Brett is incapable of standing up for himself and his mother knows it.  He's the kind of guy who will go out of his way to set up play dates between Cassidy and Grandma behind Daya's back.

Brett didn't kiss Daya at the end of the ceremony. He just hugged her. She didn't look surprised though.

Well, duh. It's Ramadan! We covered this last week. ;-)

From all the descriptions of Cassia's dress, it sounds very cheap and hootchie. But what people are describing (side boob, low cut, showing her lady bits) doesn't sound like this dress.  Is this a different dress? It seems pretty tasteful compared to what I was expecting.

90-day-fiance-wedding-210-08.jpg

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 3

I'm siding with Brett's mom on this one. Instead of throwing a huge tantrum, Daya should have had the maturity to understand that it's perfectly normal for a parent to be concerned when their kid wants to marry a foreigner they barely know. "You'll have to choose between me and your mother" and "your mother is just being paranoid" was not editing - that's what she said, and it was extremely rude, selfish, destructive, and unfair. Great way to start off your life with your husband - in case you didn't notice, Daya, your little mama's boy is extremely close to his mother and you'd better make sure you really want him to choose. I don't blame his mother one bit for missing the wedding.

• Love 5

From all the descriptions of Cassia's dress, it sounds very cheap and hootchie. But what people are describing (side boob, low cut, showing her lady bits) doesn't sound like this dress.  Is this a different dress? It seems pretty tasteful compared to what I was expecting.

You need the front view of the dress. 

• Love 1

From all the descriptions of Cassia's dress, it sounds very cheap and hootchie. But what people are describing (side boob, low cut, showing her lady bits) doesn't sound like this dress. Is this a different dress? It seems pretty tasteful compared to what I was expecting.

See how the material goes to sheer lace just below the panty line? As PityFree says, from the front, there are absolutely NO secrets.

How far behind do you have to be on the bill for the electricity to be shut off? It really pisses me off that Danielle opted to pay for a dumb wedding instead of her electricity bill. She doesn't even strike me as the type who'd reach out to her company for a payment plan.

• Love 5

I'm siding with Brett's mom on this one. Instead of throwing a huge tantrum, Daya should have had the maturity to understand that it's perfectly normal for a parent to be concerned when their kid wants to marry a foreigner they barely know. "You'll have to choose between me and your mother" and "your mother is just being paranoid" was not editing - that's what she said, and it was extremely rude, selfish, destructive, and unfair. Great way to start off your life with your husband - in case you didn't notice, Daya, your little mama's boy is extremely close to his mother and you'd better make sure you really want him to choose. I don't blame his mother one bit for missing the wedding.

Brett's mother did not have to wait until a day before the wedding to bring up her issues with the situation. Brett, himself, said that he didn't understand why his mother didn't say something earlier. It wasn't the time or place to complain. I think Brett's mother has every right to be concerned, but she chose to confront the issue in a manner that wasn't fair to Daya or Brett. But hey, if she can live with the fact that the relationship with her son may be damaged beyond repair, that's on her. I don't even like Daya like that, but I don't think Brett's mother dealt with the situation in a mature manner.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 7
It really pisses me off that Danielle opted to pay for a dumb wedding instead of her electricity bill.

Let's be honest. What are the chances she paid for any of that?  I bet it all went on the credit card, and that bill isn't getting paid either.

Brett's mother did not have to wait until a day before the wedding to bring up her issues with the situation.

Hasn't his mother voiced her concerns from the beginning?

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 1

Hasn't his mother voiced her concerns from the beginning?

She would make comments here and there, but nothing direct in a sit-down manner like she did an episode ago. The fact that Brett wondered why she didn't mention her disappointment earlier also makes make me feel like she never tackled the issue head-on.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 1

To bring over some information from the spoiler thread, Daya's uncle (he said) posted that they were actually very happy, both deeply religious, and that everyone was happy about their marriage. I suspect this is more producer manipulation for drama, since there was none in real life. He also said that Daya had been Skyping with Cassidy for months, so the child was not introduced to a stranger. If you notice in the interview with Brett's mother when she expressed her displeasure, she was smiling. Not a good actress, in my opinion.

How far behind do you have to be on the bill for the electricity to be shut off?

Not sure about where she lives, but it's fairly quick on many places, HOWEVER you are notified multiple times and most utilities even put a notification on your door several days prior to shut off. But if you contact them, they will always negotiate a payment plan. The problem that she has by allowing the electricity to be cut off is that now she has to pay reconnect fees on top of her bill. She probably never even considered trying to work out something, or perhaps she has a horrible track record and they won't deal with her anymore. 

• Love 4

Dani most likely has a horrible track record with her utility company, because most States offer a wide range of programs to help low-income people with their utility bills – especially households with children.

• Love 2
I remember in that scene with his roommate before Daya arrived, Brett made a comment that Daya was very "particular" about aesthetics, including hair and makeup.  I am thinking there is a possibility that she told him beforehand that she didn't want him to kiss on the lips so as not to ruin her lipstick and lip gloss. 

Particular?  Those 6" long roots are on purpose?   Eesh.

• Love 3

Danielle continues to confound. When her sister came over, they were sitting on a sofa that looked straight out of Goodwill, but 5 feet behind them is a huge Apple Mac. Clearly she has no idea how to handle money.

Dani clearly has serious issues handling money, but I don't question her having that computer. With school-age kids, it's almost a necessity now. Maybe it's even an example of more solid money management on her part?? Get the used but in-pretty-good-shape sofa, rent the bedroom furniture, all so you can get a non-sucky computer for your kids that conveniently may also land you a Tunisian husband, turning your one (or occasionally no) income family into a dual-income powerhouse? Genius!

I really wanted to get a better look at her DVD collection, though. I'd expect to see more than one Kate Hudson movie.

Cassia was gorgeous without any make-up on.

• Love 5

With the exception of the most controversial couple on this show, this episode was rather uneventful but it was good to find out if all the couples went through with it.

Dani and Mo.. child! Mo got brand new once he got the ring on his finger.  I think mentioned a few episodes ago that Mo could possibly be one of the few spouses that came into the country and is actually in a worse situation than what he came from in his home country. He is not in the USA to be living with no damn electricity.You can't conduct bezness without a computer. 

I did not think that was Dani's daughter helping Mo. That looked like a grown ass woman to me but I will take you guys word for it.

I am so completely burnt out on shows like Platinum Wedding and Say Yes to the Dress, that with the exception of Dani and Mo, I found the simple, inexpensive, no fuss, no drama individualized weddings of all the couples rather sweet. Not once was the phrase 'this is my day' uttered and there was no bridezilla behavior in sight. I almost forgot that people can get married without ice sculptures, chocolate fountains and wear the same gown throughout the entire ceremony. LOL!

That being said, damn Chelsea!! I can appreciate and have respect for her hippy dippy bohemian thrift store life choices, but no ma'am. That sheer skirt that her mom slapped together at the last minute was NOT the business. I do wonder why mom couldn't have finished it ahead of time. Talk about poor time management.

Seems like mom was doing too much. Food prep and bridal fashions?

Color me surprised that Yamir's relatives were able to fly in for the wedding. I admit to getting a little verklempt when his mom and perhaps dad were wiping away tears when he was reciting his vows. So sweet.

Evelin looked absolutely beautiful. For whatever reason, I just can't warm up to Justin, however it was so nice that his family behaved and seemed to really warm up to her. Mom's speech to Evelin was lovely. I really don't think that Justin's mom was the overreaching ogre that so many surmised.

On the flip side, I guess I now see why Brett needs surrogate moms, his own mom sucks. I never in a million years expected her not to show. I thought she would say her peace but still be present but nope! Damn. That was a crappy thing to do. I don't fault his mom for being suspicious of Daya's motives given her 1st impressions of her. Hell, I thought the same way but I think that it was crappy to wait until the day before to finally and unequivocally voice her descent and then act pissy and not show for such an important day.

I really wish Daya would ditch the blue contacts. They ain't cute and ain't fooling anybody.

I really don't have much to comment on regarding Cassia and Jason. She was as tacky as always and he ... well... it has already been said.

Superficial thoughts about shit nobody asked me about:

My fave overall wedding was Danny and Amy. Loved the venue, the decor and Amy's dress was my absolute favorite.
I think I hated Daya's dress more than I disliked Cassia's. I just despise ruffles.

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 8

Not sure about where she lives, but it's fairly quick on many places, HOWEVER you are notified multiple times and most utilities even put a notification on your door several days prior to shut off. But if you contact them, they will always negotiate a payment plan. The problem that she has by allowing the electricity to be cut off is that now she has to pay reconnect fees on top of her bill. She probably never even considered trying to work out something, or perhaps she has a horrible track record and they won't deal with her anymore. 

Thanks! Yeah, I doubt Danielle would ever reach out to negotiate a payment plan.

I agree, the simplicity of the weddings was quite nice.

Justin and Evelin pretty much had my dream wedding. Casual, small, the beach, and most importantly, giant goblets of champagne.

ITA. Their wedding was quite beautiful.

EggoWaffles: You noticed that Jason's dad had a "massive bulge" ?

Are you making fun of me? :(

And to be completely honest, no I didn't notice technically.. my mother did. She kept saying that Jason's dad totally had the hots for her as a joke, and she kept poking it. Then that scene showed up and she is all SEE!? And I looked and it totally looked like it did and we died laughing. It could have been one of those mis-seen things where something black was behind him to make it appear that way. But it was short I couldn't really get a good look.

I feel like all that nice stuff Justin did for Evelyn was for the cameras. He seems so blah he is probably going to be his own grumpy-cat look alike sitting on the couch watching sports for the next few years. 

I actually enjoy Chelsea and Yamir's chemistry. It's cute.

I can honestly say I have nothing to say about Dani and Mo because it's just... ridiculous to the point of no words lol

• Love 3

With school-age kids, it's almost a necessity now. Maybe it's even an example of more solid money management on her part?

Dani may have had nothing to do with the Mac being in the house. A lot of school systems will help low-income families have computers at home for the kids to use. About 15 years ago, one of the metro Richmond, Va counties gave a Mac to every student in the school system to use for homework, studies, etc. A lot of books are only available to students online now. So I'm sort of giving a pass on the computer, but I am sure Dani is getting more use out of it than the kids are.

• Love 4
Dani may have had nothing to do with the Mac being in the house. A lot of school systems will help low-income families have computers at home for the kids to use. About 15 years ago, one of the metro Richmond, Va counties gave a Mac to every student in the school system to use for homework, studies, etc. A lot of books are only available to students online now. So I'm sort of giving a pass on the computer, but I am sure Dani is getting more use out of it than the kids are.

Not buying it. It looked like a 27 inch monitor on an imac. That kind of a set up will run you around 2K. No way is a school giving one of those to school aged kids. They usually give an ipad or a low end laptop, because the student can carry it back and forth to school. A desktop set up does no good if students need to work on projects and homework at school. 

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 1

You need to look a little lower, Drogo. :)

Not buying it. It looked like a 27 inch monitor on an imac. That kind of a set up will run you around 2K.

Brand new, yes. I bought a used one for $600. So, it's possible they got it for a big discount either through the school or buying it used.

• Love 1

Dani clearly has serious issues handling money, but I don't question her having that computer. With school-age kids, it's almost a necessity now. Maybe it's even an example of more solid money management on her part?? Get the used but in-pretty-good-shape sofa, rent the bedroom furniture, all so you can get a non-sucky computer for your kids that conveniently may also land you a Tunisian husband, turning your one (or occasionally no) income family into a dual-income powerhouse? Genius!

I really wanted to get a better look at her DVD collection, though. I'd expect to see more than one Kate Hudson movie.

Cassia was gorgeous without any make-up on.

I think Dani has a high-end computer for all of her dealings with Bezness Men via Skype, Facetime, etc.

It appears she never takes her children's needs into consideration in any other areas, so I'm hard pressed to believe that computer was acquired for them as an investment in their academic futures.

I wouldn't be surprised if she had that baby password-locked just to keep the kids from using it.  

• Love 3

Front of Cassia's dress:

143076.049.01.197_20141219_100036-still.

To be fair, it looks like she's got one of those mesh overlays like the figure skaters wear. 

The mesh went all the way down to her belly button. I personally wouldn't wear the dress, but imo, it looked pretty on her.

• Love 6