Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Discussion

ShaNaeNae
  • Start Topic

I agree.  They are scamming each other.  I just think Danielle is the bigger scammer.  If I reverse the genders, it becomes clearer to me.  American men have been recruiting wives to this country in return for citizenship for ages.  Typically the man is older with money, and the woman is younger and more attractive than him.  Imagine if the moment this young woman arrived in the US, the older unattractive man is even older than he told her, he is in debt up to his eyeballs, he's lost his job from incompetence, and he sobs piteously and follows her around trying to paw all over her.  Top that off with the fact that the older man now expects the younger woman to get a job that supports him and his three minor children, as well as cook all the meals, and we'd probably be screaming about what a misogynistic pig he was.

Then I would expect the marriage proposal to be respectfully rescinded and return to my home country. IIRC Mohamed is the one who proposed to Danielle and I believe he did make her promises to help her family in doing so.

• Love 1

I think Mo and Dani both equally contributed to the epic train wreck that is their..whatever their relationship is. I buy that Mo entered into the relationship with Dani knowing full well that the pot o' gold at the end of the rainbow was a green card and a "better life" in America...not a fulfilling and loving partnership with the woman of his dreams. He doesn't even seem to like Dani, let alone love her, and once he realized that Dani doesn't live like a cast member from Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, he panicked. For Dani, I think she saw an opportunity to latch on to someone who could "take care of things for her"(her quote, not mine), and be all the things she thinks she needs: a father-figure, life-coach, financial manager, prince in shining armour, etc. I think she's a lonely, desperate woman of limited means who is exhausted and defeated.  That doesn't make her a bad person, per say, but it sure does put a lot of unrealistic pressure on a guy she clearly doesn't really know.  The whole thing is just sad and depressing, especially for Dani's girls who just seem resigned to a life of bad decisions courtesy of their mom.

What I'd be interested to know is how their getting to be on this show played into their courtship/marriage/etc. I wouldn't be surprised if both Dani and Mo believed that somehow this show would lead to money/fame/celebrity, which makes all the problems magically go away....right?

edited for spelling:)

Edited by lamadeleine
  • Love 5

I definitely don't think Dani thought she'd be portrayed as she has been. No one ever thinks they're going to be That Guy.

Mo thought he was coming to America, not Nicaragua...

True, but by the time the wedding cane around it was pretty clear he wasn't moving into Downton Abbey. He could have backed out, no one held a gun to his head.

• Love 1

Not only did he hug her, but he also gave her a kiss on the cheek!  The man is never going to change his bigoted beliefs, but at least he has seen and acknowledged that Amy is "a nice girl", as he put it. so it looks like he has softened towards her, and hopefully she won't have to suffer through any more conversations like the one the day they met. 

I'm not ready to forget his racist behavior, but the hug seemed genuine.  Even more genuine were the reaction shots they showed of him, and he looked very happy for his son.  Those were candid shots, and for at least some of them, he didn't realize the camera was on him.  I give him credit for being present and acting pleasant, even though he wasn't crazy about it - unlike Brett's mom. I have a feeling he's slowly being won over by Amy's sweetness and charm.  Sometimes people are racist out of ignorance and fear.  In those situations, interacting with those outside their race can change their view.

What I don't understand, especially with Danielle, is that I (the US citizen) have to provide proof of my own financial stability in order to petition for my husband. I also had to sign a form that states I will have to pay the government back for any government aid my husband may receive. I had to submit 3 years of tax returns just to prove my income and financial status.

I wonder if Danielle was able to use her child support as income.  I wouldn't be a bit surprise if she used her children's money on Mohamed.

Then I would expect the marriage proposal to be respectfully rescinded and return to my home country. IIRC Mohamed is the one who proposed to Danielle and I believe he did make her promises to help her family in doing so.

It isn't so easy to just go home for anyone. I bet most people from non western European countries go through with the marriage to the US citizen even if they have grave doubts. They may never get another chance to come here, depending on where they are from. From their view it s probably better to get married and have some improved status rather than just leave. They may be able to find support and even free legal assistance with their cases.

Even Mohammed married Danielle, knowing it was a terrible situation for him - I'm not saying he isn't a scammer, i mean that even the worst situation will still go through with the wedding. He obviously used her and lied to her about everything. But even with her having no job and no money, he is better off marrying her than going back. The same is true for brides, whether they are scammers for a green card or not.

I think that Mohammed made some promises but he can't legally work without a green card and there is a problem with the fee for the green card. She definitely lied about her ability to sponsor him so he could work.

• Love 2

I definitely don't think Dani thought she'd be portrayed as she has been. No one ever thinks they're going to be That Guy.

True, but by the time the wedding cane around it was pretty clear he wasn't moving into Downton Abbey. He could have backed out, no one held a gun to his head.

Isn't it possible that he has the chance of a better life in the U.S. than he would ever have in Tunisia? That chance of a better life is the gun to his head. He clearly detests Danielle and I doubt he thinks of her as a wife, even though she is legally. I bet he sees this through if he can.

He already is going the domestic violence route with Danielle's son, so he (Mohammed) may be able to claim he didn't feel safe in the house. There are many tricks he can use improve his situation.

I just wonder what ICE will have to say about it.

Again, to be clear, I don't support at all Mohammed's lies. But I wouldn't be so sure that all these couples are really together because of the chance at US citizenship. He is just the most egregious case of obviously manipulating a woman.

Edited by rose711

Mohamed's family can't be that religious if they would approve of his marrying and taking advantage of an American woman, then divorcing her for a "nice" Tunisian girl.

In my experiences, being religious doesn't automatically mean good, decent, moral person. Not even close in my opinion so I have no trouble believing it

I think her age is stated correctly. I saw her birthdate on a legal, public document that appeared briefly online, and did some simple math. I didn't write down the date because I don't care that much.

She's a rough 41, I'm 49 and she looks old enough to be my mom. Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 4

In my experiences, being religious doesn't automatically mean good, decent, moral person. Not even close in my opinion so I have no trouble believing it

Exactly, just think how much of the terrorism in the world is committed in the name of religion.

• Love 2

What was the conversation that Amy had to "suffer through" ?

Listening to the old bigot talk about Africa and how its the one place he and his wife would never want to visit, and informing her that interracial marriages aren't accepted here.  He made his racist feelings very clear and, since Danny didn't speak up or correct the old goat, it had to have been very awkward for Amy.

I think the only reason Justin and Evelin invited Drunk Sister-In-Law was so they could use her everyday wine glasses.

This is just about the funniest thing that I have read online. Maybe ever! Thank you!

Co-sign. It was that picture that brought me to this forum, which brought me to the above epic comment. I also thank you. 

So I watched a little bit of this so I could follow the forum. Danielle is so lucky she has a friend who cares enough to throw a huge amount of truth her way (the one that finally left her husband). Too bad Danielle's ignoring it. Although I think the problems are on both sides, and for some reason I think Danielle has lived a life of playing the "ignorant" card, which means she knows a lot more than what she's letting on but acts like she's "special". Mo--I can't even. This is wrong on so many levels. 

I have to agree about Jason being clueless and possibly aspie, but I see some sweetness in him. Basically Cassia needs to explain to him how she wants to be treated (and really, all couples should communicate this to each other) because it doesn't seem to be intuitive to him. I saw the clip when she was talking to her mother and he got emotional and said that they would have a wedding in her country next year. Hopefully he keeps that promise. 

I thought Amy and Danny were cute together. He's awkward, but he's young and he'll grow out of it. They seem to really love each other. 

I haven't gotten to the other couples yet. More post Christmas watching for me. 

Does anyone think the reunion show will have new information? They are all going to have to just go along with the fake story lines they were given.

If other reality show reunions are anything to judge by, plenty can fall out. The season 1 reunion for Breaking Amish for example contradicted much of how the cast and production had presented the participants on the show. It really depends on how confrontational the participants and host are, plus whatever edit the network feels gives them the most bang for their buck. Sometimes that can expose falsehoods that were presented on the original program, though that can include replacing the deceptions with a different load of unreliable information.  ie. As on every Real Housewives reunion ever.

Edited by yuggapukka

I did find out that all the men are not happy with post production and how they were edited.  The only man that hasn't protested to TLC is Yamir.  However, apparently some of the story lines and things production wanted couples to do made them all very angry.  Also, I don't buy that Evelin and Justin aren't happy.  I think that is an edit to make us want to watch.  Don't they already know we will watch regardless :)

Did anybody see the part of the preview where Justin said something about the honeymoon being over? And he and Evelyn looked to be sitting further apart. I really thought they were well suited.....I'm wondering what's up with that.

And Mo....."it wasn't like 100% love from the start....." WHAT????? My dream for those two crazy kids has been shattered!

I think this is clearly an attempt by TLC to make people think that Justin and Evelin might be separated. I've learned that the previews shouldn't be taken at face value - the context is almost always different than we think.

• Love 2
I thought Amy and Danny were cute together. He's awkward, but he's young and he'll grow out of it.

His brother Nic the Hat is 34, married, and a parent, and still has the maturity of a 14 year old. This doesn't give me much hope for Danny.

• Love 6

If the show featured 5 couple like Justin & Evelin,  I would not have watched.  These two were just there to kill time between the better stuff, such as the lulzy werewolf lawyer, Brett's posse of old ladies, Jason's alligator pond...  Justin came through like a non-entity.  If he's hot and bothered, that's his problem.

Edited by Toaster Strudel
  • Love 2

I agree Justin and Evelin were a total snoozefest.  I feel like there was probably nothing dramatic about what went on with them so that DarthJennifer crap was created for TV.  I also would not have watched.  I liked how season 1 featured 4 couples.  Even though in Season 1 I was board by Aya and that dude she married.  I could have sworn Aziza was a fraud based on editing too.  This season was too many couples.  I mean they had to omit people from episodes.  The episodes could have each been 2 hours and we still would not have seen enough.

• Love 3

I think this is clearly an attempt by TLC to make people think that Justin and Evelin might be separated. I've learned that the previews shouldn't be taken at face value - the context is almost always different than we think.

I wondered if that was the case.  I really thought that they were happy and had a good foundation, so it seemed a little surprising to me.  At the same time, there was a lot of talk (much of it from Justin) that played up his single lifestyle, and I'm wondering if he might have found marriage more of an adjustment than he expected.  Not that there is anything wrong, or particularly unusual about that....it just seemed odd to me.

http://showbizspy.com/article-282230/exclusive-90-day-fiance-tell-all-sneak-peek.html

Watch Danielle's creepy smile has she complains that Mohamed was unfair going to a lawyer the day of the wedding, but admits that she was hiding financial stuff from him.  What kind of marriage is that where you wait until the wedding is over to spring this crap on your mate?

Not the kind I would want. And even if she wants to blame her ex for whatever, how does that change her situation? If my ex didn't pay his child support, the utility company doesn't let me off the hook for the bill. So how could she think he "did not have no reason to know that."

• Love 1

If my ex didn't pay his child support, the utility company doesn't let me off the hook for the bill. So how could she think he "did not have no reason to know that."

I just thought this is the way criminals and narcissists must think.  Picking and choosing (aka lying) what they tell others that should be in a position of trust with them for their own personal selfish advancement.  She's really devious.

• Love 1

I want to believe that Mo and Danielle and donesies... But my heart has been burned too many times by TLC preview edits and I bet that Mo's comments are more like "I was not 100% in love in the beginning... But now everything has completely changed" how sad is it that I am more sympathetic to the person I am 900% is scamming this woman!?

• Love 1

Danielle's new glasses are a big improvement.

Nice catch. I had to investigate, and stared at Dani's photos until my eyes crossed. Dani had these glasses when she did the "extra" scene, explaining how Mo made like a banana and split. After she says Mo (making a big circle with a finger ... the wheels on the bus go round and round) abandoned the whole family, she's wearing these glasses as she talks to the girls in their sad bedroom. These frames do look better. I guess professional makeup and a good blowout don't hurt, at the reunion.

Can't wait to see the show.

By the way, have greatly enjoyed the company here. Thanks to all you PTV peeps, perps, and players. As several have said, the forum is more entertaining than the show.  TLC: Trainwrecks Love Company.  (My new t-shirt. Maybe I should ask Cassia to design it.)

• Love 5

Danny & Amy WATN spoiler video:

https://za.celebrity.yahoo.com/news/90-day-fiance-amy-worries-future-father-law-150002516.html

And Lord Douche & Evelin:

http://www.zap2it.com/videos/zap2it-first-90-day-fiances-justin-and-evelin-revisit-their-bizarre-courtship-314428

Jason asks Evelin about her relationship with Jen and she said: "It's a normal cordial relationship, but I don't have her as a best friend, because noooooo..."

• Love 2

He said it during a phone call home to a friend.

I remember that. He was upset on the phone and saying this was all her idea. She talked him into coming (and she's the one who proposed marriage) and he was panicking.

Well, I really hope that WATN have some new info. We said what was in our minds, I am sure. But is Sharp/TLC choice to show this on TV (I doubt that they will).
You guys will notice that Jason and I didn't say much. We just complain about production and I am pretty sure they will not allow that.

• Love 11

Maybe Mo is not a "beznessman" in the true sense of the word.  He would still be fawning over her until he got what he wanted, he would have done research.  A deal was made at some point to go through with this, he knows the deal, she knows the deal.  She didn't let him know all that he signed up for, which could explain his behaviour towards her.  I am not defending Mo, since that's the bed he made, but at the same time, I think he's over his head.  Some people can fake it, some cannot.  

• Love 1

I am sure that a booklet "How Not To Do Bezness" is currently circulating in Tunisia, based on Jbali's very public miscalculations.  Mind you, he did marry her after all, so there's some measure of success. He did get want he wanted from her with minimal fawning and hiding behind some Eternal Ramadan.

Now he needs to abuse her so that by the time he gets his green card, she'll be ready to get rid of him forever, and just like Angie, head back to the bezness "love" connection website to find another Mo.

• Love 2

I am sure that a booklet "How Not To Do Bezness" is currently circulating in Tunisia, based on Jbali's very public miscalculations.  Mind you, he did marry her after all, so there's some measure of success. He did get want he wanted from her with minimal fawning and hiding behind some Eternal Ramadan.

Now he needs to abuse her so that by the time he gets his green card, she'll be ready to get rid of him forever, and just like Angie, head back to the bezness "love" connection website to find another Mo.

I wonder if the story of Mo hitting on her and her 17 yr old was true or if she was trying to steal him fromDani (despite all the warnings) and he rejected her as well? Hearing she already has another man at the ready has me wondering....

• Love 1