Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Discussion

ShaNaeNae
  • Start Topic

Just getting in for my insight.  That was a total and utter waste of an hour.  I found zero information in that interview.  The interview was totally disjointed and ridiculously all over the place.  My thoughts on most of the couples pretty much stayed the same

1. Mohammed is a damn liar.  He lied from the minute the interview started all the way until the end.  Watching Danielle hide her head, reminded me of when I take my 2 year old to the doctor and he pretends if he hides in my shoulder no one can see him.  Danielle, my 2 year old plays coy better than you.  Also, Mohamed doesn't love her, and Acceptable doesn't mean beautiful it means "I'll tolerate your ass until I get my green card".  She's a fool.  I think people defending her is ridiculous.  She made her bed and she can lie in it.  My only concern is that her poor girls have to grow up thinking this kind of life is normal.  Which clearly it is not.  

2. Chelsea and Yamir.  I cringed when he rapped.  I may have peed my pants too, I'm not totally sure.  I was totally and completely embarrassed.  I'm tired of her "I am not spoiled, I am not selfish" Last night on Twitter she said she was in the peace corps...Ok that's great.  You are still spoiled and selfish.  Moving on

3. Danny and Amy remind me a lot of the christians I live by.  Kill them with kindness I guess.  I don't buy it.  I'd be too pissed to do what they are doing.  also, I get it you are no longer virgins.  MOVING ON

4. The explanation of Brett and why he picked a wife.  Kind of made me vomit a bit.  It was almost like a Vurp.  He picked someone that would not divorce him.  Um ok.  Great logic.  Daya, she's sweet, and for those that wondered she is a pediatric RN.  I think she's misunderstood at best.

5. Jason and Cassia are most improved couple.  I didn't change my opinion about them when they showed up here.  In fact I never disliked them.  I always found her personality funny and I thought her feistiness was a good compliment for his quirks.  Loved her make up and hair.

6.  I yelled at the screen every time Justin talked.  I didn't listen.  I hate him.  He's a douche bag.  I'm confident he's probably 5.6 and suffers from short man disease.

• Love 2

I already can't wait for the next season!  I want to see what happens when a couple decides not to get married (you know, like Danielle should have done).

There was one couple first season that didn't marry. TLC decided not to air their segment but to show them on their TLC website.  Again, it was a big age gap with the American (male) being older and the Russian female (i think she was Russian) being way younger. But from what i remember he was way better off financially as he had some sort of fitness business.

Yes, they do. Loveless marriages are acceptable, but if the migrant is here for the green card and not the spouse, that's a sham marriage. I'm not saying that Mo is necessarily going to be caught and deported, just that if the government makes the effort to investigate in this case, they have more than enough data to send him packing. The officers use their judgment in evaluating the validity of the marriage, and I don't think this is a close call.

Only problem is, it was all aired on TLC, and they can use the fact that TLC is not a documentary, they are "scripted" and they were lying for the cameras to add drama to the show for ratings. It sucks, but besides the wait game, I hate to say it, Mo is in the clear. Man I really wish they would ship him back. 

I cringed when he rapped.  I may have peed my pants too, I'm not totally sure.

Saucy I agree.. Although I'm sure some people enjoy it, and he might be good with all the effects and the team... I don't think free styling is his strength. There was an episode where he sang to Chelsea.. so I know he can sing... I just don't understand the rapping. I think rapping alone isn't big enough to hold a career for him.

A friendly reminder and bit of advice for when someone brand new shows up and starts to post things to incite you to reply in an aggressive manner.

Don't.

Hit the report button (red yield sign) and let us know what the problem is and we'll take it from there. That's what trolls want you to do, they want you to argue back with them. Don't fall for the temptation. I appreciate the reports we did receive, thanks a bunch!

Well, Mohamed's family was against him coming to the US to be with Danielle.  It was his idea.  Another blow against the notion that they paid her to take him . . .

Bearing in mind these people are still living under the INS guidelines to get that brass ring known as The Green Card, I took almost every proclamation of love with a grain of salt.  Kind of hard to prove it's a "real" marriage and fulfill the green card requirements when you go on a television show and say something contradictory for all of the world to see and hear.  

That statement by good old fast-talkin' Mo was a direct contradiction of what we heard him say during his last-minute phone call to some esoteric individual..."I didn't even want to come to America."

The dude's just trying to make it look like he came here for a real relationship with Danielle and not a business deal.

And, damn, the way he talked and talked but never actually said anything that would be an actual answer was impressive.  

At least he admitted he wasn't happy.  Of course, he then tried to cover that up with a layer of fresh manure but...Yeah, thanks for admitting the obvious, Mo!  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 7

Bearing in mind these people are still living under the INS guidelines to get that brass ring known as The Green Card, I took almost every proclamation of love with a grain of salt.  Kind of hard to prove it's a "real" marriage and fulfill the green card requirements when you go on a television show and say something contradictory for all of the world to see and hear.  

That statement by good old fast-talkin' Mo was a direct contradiction of what we heard him say during his last-minute phone call to some esoteric individual..."I didn't even want to come to America."

The dude's just trying to make it look like he came here for a real relationship with Danielle and not a business deal.

And, damn, the way he talked and talked but never actually said anything that would be an actual answer was impressive.  

At least he admitted he wasn't happy.  Of course, he then tried to cover that up with a layer of fresh manure but...Yeah, thanks for admitting the obvious, Mo!  

Did you notice he didn't ever say he truly cared about Danielle.  When directed about Acceptable never said he thought she was beautiful.  Never touched her.  He had so many opportunities to show people he was sincere and he wasn't

• Love 2

>>Next thing you know he will be governor of Ohio and Danni will be first lady .<<

and in the meantime, worst gigolo EVER.. If Danielle really did pay for him to come over, she should at least get her money's worth: sex on demand and no public humiliation for starters..

• Love 2

I'm pretty sure we can leave Bill Clinton out of this. If anything, he gave TMI.

Amy, though everyone knows her husband is likely gay.

We do?! I missed that convo.

As I said somewhere about him, Danny's father lives a stone's throw from Philly, so his bilge about "mixed-race marriages aren't accepted here" is horse-feathers.

Danielle and Mo: Come on; she wanted a hot Middle Eastern guy--- money, daughters, and common sense be darned. As for "acceptable": He ain't blind. And I'd bet he ain't a pre-marital "Danny."** For him to say more would have completely destroyed his credibility, and he recognized that.

**ETA: Back in Tunisia, I mean.

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 3

Did you notice he didn't ever say he truly cared about Danielle.  When directed about Acceptable never said he thought she was beautiful.  Never touched her.  He had so many opportunities to show people he was sincere and he wasn't

I also noticed both of them said there was no sex before the wedding.

Dani had some private messages posted by someone on a site where Dani indicated Mo had no difficulties sexing her up when she went to visit him in Doha or wherever it was.

Not that I believe there's ANY sex going on in Casa Danielle and Mo, but I still found the contradiction interesting.  I'd have to watch again, but I also thought Dani had intimated during earlier episodes that they had sexed it up during that "meat-and-greet", too.

I wonder if EMS had to show up to separate Dani's hands from Mo's arm or her head from his shoulder.  

• Love 4

Yes, it was Dani who said that "acceptable" means something different in Tunisia and that Mo thinks she's beautiful. The word "beautiful" never passed his lips and never will in the presence of Dani until the day she says "Your green card's arrived" "Beautiful! See ya, bye-bye!"

But opportunities for Mo will be limited in small-town Ohio. It seems he and Dani are living in Sandusky now, not Norwalk. It's a bigger town, but wages will be low, and Mo will find once he's finally working that every penny will be spent supporting the family, paying rent and utilities and helping Dani pay off the debts she's accumulated. I agree with the people here who said Mo looks utterly miserable - the American Dream has turned into a nightmare for him. This isn't what he thought he was signing up for, the Hollywood version of America he's seen in the movies.

I thought Amy and Danny came off very well - he seemed more mature than he'd been portrayed in the show. Amy looked beautiful. I think the way they're handling his dad is dignified and classy.

Jason scrubbed up very nicely and Cassia looked lovely with the toned-down makeup. I've warmed to those two and think they'll be okay. Cassia is a sharp cookie and they are both odd enough to make it work.

I also thought Daya and Brett came across as a sincere couple. I think, in hindsight, their story was edited to show Daya unfavourably. It's a pity his mom hasn't come round, but that's likely to be her loss, particularly if Daya has a good relationship with Brett's daughter - because that might mean grandma won't see her granddaughter as much.

Justin and Evelin were boring. I think they'd made up their minds to say as little as possible about themselves, and were happy to play along with the storyline TLC had put in place for them.

Yamir will struggle unless his English improves massively. Given he's living in an English-speaking country in a part of the world that doesn't have a huge Latino population, he should be speaking English much more fluently than he showed on the reunion. He and Chelsea need a big reality check otherwise they won't be able to manage by themselves.

This reunion needed 3 hours and Andy Cohen.

• Love 5

Yamir will struggle unless his English improves massively. Given he's living in an English-speaking country in a part of the world that doesn't have a huge Latino population, he should be speaking English much more fluently than he showed on the reunion.

I definitely think Yamir will struggle if his English doesn't improve, but I don't think he should be more fluent in English than he is now. English is very difficult to learn and he's been in the US for less than a year. Chelsea speaking to him in English coupled with ESL classes would likely help him improve, but I don't think he'll be fluent any time soon.

• Love 1

Yes and amen! I thought Erica Hill would do a good job, but I guess she was limited by what TLC would let her ask.

Andy would have no problem getting down and dirty.

I think Jeff Lewis would be the best host for all these reunion shows. He would ask and demand answers, nothing would get by him. Plus he would give the best remarks.

Dani would of been under the couch hiding with her sandals sticking out.

• Love 5

Mo will find once he's finally working that every penny will be spent supporting the family, paying rent and utilities and helping Dani pay off the debts she's accumulated.

If Mo is smart he gets direct deposit of his paycheck into a separate account, then transfers a certain amount to a joint account.   And he lies through his teeth about how much he is making.   He should only contribute to the household expenses.   Dani's debt is HER problem.   Let her pay it.   He has to save up to buy his freedom.

• Love 9

I am surprised and amazed at the amount of sympathy a scam artist like Mohammed get not only on FB but also in forums like this one.

Am I supposed to feel sorry for a grown up man who came to a shitty situation where all his ideas of the American Dream were shattered and instead he found a weepy mess of a woman like Danielle? I would feel sorry for him if he was duped and never knew what he was getting himself into but the facts are that he met Danielle before coming to the states, he met her and was with her for 11 days, there is absolutely no way that Danielle change or even pretended to have a different personality than what she has, Danielle's awful personality and level of idiocy is so glaring that it would be impossible to hide. It is also a fact that he knew Danielle had three teenage daughters living with her in her house, so he was duped on that one either.

The only thing he was duped was on her financial situation, Mohammed knew she wasn't rich but probably never knew how broke she really was. Mohammed had 90 days with nothing else to do but to collect information about his immigration status, he must have known that there would be months before he could work, he must have known that there would be months were he would be doing absolutely nothing but stay around the house, he also must known that unless he has a degree and even then, he will be working at an entry level job so his prospects of making loads of money are limited. His contempt for Danielle as if she was guilty of the process taking this long are laughable. If he was here and had a clear understanding with Danielle that he was here only for the green card then he should not have waited 90 days, technically he could have gotten married on the next day of his arrival if he wanted to do so. Once he found out about her financial situation and even consulted a lawyer to figure out the depths of the commitment he was about to face then all bets are off.

Once Mohammed knew how broke she really was, he should have called it off and return to his country. He decided to go ahead with the wedding and stick it with the program to get the green card at any cost, but that comes with a price. Mohammed wants the green card but is unwilling to pay the price which is to give enough attention to Danielle to keep her happy. Mohammed wants to have his cake and eat it too. Mohammed sold his dignity for a green card and now is miserable and complaining about the high price he has to play and to top it off I am supposed to feel sorry for him?

Please, the only one I feel sorry for is his next victim, looking at his FB account it seems that Danielle is not a unique phenomenon, there are hundreds of desperate women just like her.

• Love 15

Why hasn't Yamir's english improved? He's not working so he should be studying the language.  I can't stand it when he starts talking half english, half spanish like we are supposed to understand him. Does he even realize he is doing that? 

• Love 2

I was waiting for Daya to say "I wanted to be sure it was what Brett paid for, and that he wasn't cheated into thinking he was buying a real diamond when it was fake." That never happened. They danced all over and around that question.

This is why I never have warmed up to Daya and never will. I think she is a super bitch and not being used to cameras yet, acted like herself in the beginning. Then all of a sudden the "Oh, we're on camera and I look like a bitch. I need to fix that…" shows up. Bret comes across as a Class A Wimp who will let her whip him for life.

Danny is a wuss. His father is not going to "come around." To me, it was nothing more than a line used to absolve himself from having to grow a spine. If this is now things are now, I feel bad for Amy. 

There is just something so offputting to some of these men who refuse/are unable to/don't want to say something when they think their mate is being ridiculous/unreasonable/uncaring/bitchy. Brett not having any other reaction than a stupid giggle to Daya being rude to him at the airport laid the groundwork for who will wear the pants and call the shots. Danny's passive acceptance of his father's piggish attitude and his brothers' ridiculous behavior and all the questions Amy got at that family dinner again show that he won't step up and be there for her. He's just a total jellyfish. Jellyfishmuth. An equal relationship has room for both people to speak up when something is bothering them.

Yamir is another one led around by the nose. He just can't live without his Chelsea. This is a 28 year old guy in a 12 year old body who is very likely throwing away any chance of having a music career by remaining in puppy love with someone who clearly does not have any of his future interests as priorities.

Justin is still just weird in a way that I can't put my finger on.

Nothing to say about Mo and Danielle.

Jason just gives me a creep vibe.

• Love 4

Danielle is a cunning, manipulative, self-absorbed, selfish individual.  She gets off on using others for her own gain, and that includes using her own children.  She seems unable to actually feel concern or true compassion for anyone's welfare other than her own.  When their electricity was shut off all she cared about was Mo leaving her...not about her kids welfare.  The kids focus is entirely on their mother's needs and she has selfishly trained them to feel this way about her. 

When Mo has moved on, once he has his green card, she will once again focus her efforts on pursuing yet another delusional, unrealistic relationship with another man.  It's got to be all about Danielle all the time.  The only positive thing in all of this is the age of her children...they will soon be off on their own.  All the best to them...considering what they have endured in their dysfunctional home life.

• Love 9

You have to keep in mind that love has not much to do with marriage and immigration.  If Mo can stay on that couch, memorize a series of answers about the placement of items in her bedroom, use that show money in the bank to write checks for the rent, and collect enough movie theater tickets and restaurant receipts to prove that they spend time out together, he should be fine.

• Love 4

I'm not sure if these suggestions are serious. Mohammed as a Muslim is never going to volunteer at a church. It is ridiculous to suggest anyone would buy old wall Mart level shoes at a tag sale. They are better off with the shoes than the dime they would get for them.

Mohammed can't go back without completely giving up on his quest for a green card. This is likely his only chance in the U.S.. I doubt he would ever get another visa.

Not knowing the level of Danielle's money problems is a huge deal. He didn't know they wouldn't have the money to file for a green card. It sounds like she mislead him about the size of her house and owning a car and everything else. I'm wondering if she lied on the forms she filed. He had to have seen those.

I think it's because Chelsea lets him. She's probably the only one he talks to in America and she can understand his Spanglish. Who is pushing him to do otherwise? No one. No one pushes Chelsea. He could be in an evening ESL program and I'd bet he is not. That's another Andy Cohen question "Yamir are you enrolled in any ESL courses?"

So useless, can't practice with a curling iron, can't make sure her own damn wedding dress is ready oh, say whole day in advance of the wedding, maybe? Her hippy chick personna she is SO trying to make happen is not bohemian and it's not cute it is POSEUR.

Chelsea really seems as if she has been waited upon and spoiled her entire life. Her parents seemed ok, but they are really not helping by doing everything for her. What else does she do all day? Her mom making her dress and her wedding food while she complained is crazy.

Can he take an ESL class in that tiny town? Is there on offered? He could probably do something online.

• Love 5

Why hasn't Yamir's english improved? He's not working so he should be studying the language.  I can't stand it when he starts talking half english, half spanish like we are supposed to understand him. Does he even realize he is doing that? 

English is my first language, and I know a bit of Spanish and Japanese... when I speak Japanese, and I can't remember a particular word but I remember how to say it in Spanish, I'll jumble my "foreign" tongues...

Also, some speakers of languages in countries like the Philippines will frequently shift between blocks of Tagalog and English normally... it makes no sense to people who aren't used to it, but it's just the natural way of talking in some places.

• Love 5

I'm not sure if these suggestions are serious. Mohammed as a Muslim is never going to volunteer at a church.

It's just as ridiculous as saying that Mohammed as a Muslim would never marry a foreign woman twice his age of a Christian denomination and be married by a non-Muslim cleric.

His options at this point are very limited... he's going to have to suck it up and do whatever he can as he has very few doors open to him at the moment.

• Love 4

Do we actually know that Yamir is not taking ESL classes? Or Rosetta Stone or anything?

In his defense for speaking Spanish on the reunion, he has been in the US for less than a year and was on an Americam show and maybe he didn't feel comfortable yet. It may have been easier to say what he can and have it be subtitled. I can't hate on him for not being fluent yet. English is a hard language to learn.

• Love 7

It's weird but I didn't sense weird body language with Amy and Danny or with Evelin or Justin.  To me they all appeared to be less than thrilled to be doing the show.

Free trip, first class to NYC.  Not a bad deal.  I'd be thrilled.  I understand that TLC didn't include the parts where they bitched about editing, though.

Justin and Evelin ... I noticed that he usually had his arm around her, except if you looked closely, he wasn't touching her. His arm was wrapped around the couch and cushions.

Danny and Amy ... both tried to gloss things over by claiming to take the higher road and spending thanksgiving with the father, but their facade came crumbling down once the host asked that final question. No he doesn't see or treat Amy like a daughter and their relationship will continue to be strained until Danny realizes that he doesn't have to be an angry a--- to stand up to his father, but he does have to stand up to him or move away. He can't keep subjecting his wife to that.

Plus, they could also learn how to be asked about sex life and give a brief answer without spilling their business. I mean, I didn't feel as though Danny needed to share that they had practical difficulties during sex. How about "it brought a new level of intimacy" and leave it there? And this isn't the first time they've overshared.

Cassia and Jason ... 

Rapper and Yoko ... I changed the channel during his rap. I just couldn't. 

Daya and Brett .... I loved the stories they shared. They are a nice couple. I even didn't mind him saying that he wanted to bring a new culture into his marriage, rather than rehash the American way. 

Mo and Danielle ... How does it feel to only be 60% Danielle? 

Edited by glow
  • Love 2

I can't get on the Mo train either. No doubt that Danielle gives staggering new meaning to the term "hot mess" but he doesn't strike me as stupid. It took everyone here about five minutes to see the huge warning signs, and even given that English is not his first language, he should've had some serious questions after a few Skype sessions.

Even if he was misled about her financial situation to some degree, he noticed right away that the apartment was "a little small." She lost her job and the cell phones were cut off before the wedding. He had a pretty good idea that this wasn't going to be a gravy train and he still went forward.

• Love 6

Oh man, what a train wreck,   Brett is just creepy.  He could have found a religious person here who didn't believe in divorce.  Instead he goes somewhere to get someone who would consider herself a criminal to get divorced, on top of having to leave the country if she got divorced.  His life is never going to go well with his creepiness. Deya isn't any more lovable that she was before.  She cries to get Brett to do whatever she wants, and considers herself 'judged' because someone didn't agree with her every word. 

Danielle is just a mess.  She is one of 'those women' who must have a man in order to validate her existence.  Mo should have known what the legal requirements were for working here, and what his life was going to be like.  Who jumps off the ship into the water like this without knowing how deep the water is?  I don't feel sorry for either of them.  I feel sorry for Dani's kids, who must 'raise' Dani instead of the other way around.... and now have a 26 year old unemployed gigolo to take care of too. 

Who cares when Danny and Amy had sex?  

Why does Cassia think every question is directed to her?

Why are they covering the same topic over and over - Mo's visit to the lawyer was the same day as the drama before the wedding?  Why discuss it in multiple segments as if it is two different timeframes?  Danny and Amy discussed her present relationship with Danny's Dad more than once.  There were lots of other topics to cover.

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 2

Plus, they could also learn how to be asked about sex life and give a brief answer without spilling their business. I mean, I didn't feel as though Danny needed to share that they had practical difficulties during sex. How about "it brought a new level of intimacy" and leave it there? And this isn't the first time they've overshared.

Oh, I totally forgot about Danny's response to the question about the wedding night. I'm no prude and I think an open dialogue about sex is very healthy, but yeah. It's interesting because I grew up with very conservative Christians and sex was such a taboo topic in my circle, so I'm surprised to see it such an open topic for Danny and his family.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 1

Its really a shame only Yamir got to perform.

Mo's song was cut due to time constraints, but he sent me the lyrics.

Because you know,

I'm all about the Bez, no pickle

bout the Bez, no pickle.

I'm all about the Bez.

Yeah, its pretty clear

All I got is 2 inch

But I can shake it

shake it, like I am supposed to do.

Cause I got that boom boom that Dani always chases

And most of my junk is in the right places.

• Love 3

Yamir will struggle unless his English improves massively. Given he's living in an English-speaking country in a part of the world that doesn't have a huge Latino population, he should be speaking English much more fluently than he showed on the reunion. He and Chelsea need a big reality check otherwise they won't be able to manage by themselves.

Actually, central/west central Illinois has a fairly large Latino presence.  Yamir said he works in a meat packing plant.  The ones in that area of Illinois are largely staffed by immigrants from Mexico and further south, who do not speak English.  He's probably getting along fairly well during the work day without learning English. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 1

I thought what Danny said about why they wanted to be celibate before marriage was interesting. It was all about being emotionally intimate before becoming physically intimate. But I wonder when they had an opportunity to develop that emotional intimacy. In my mind, emotional intimacy comes from experiencing a lot of things together and having lots of long talks about what you think, how you see the world, what experiences you've had, what you'd like to do and be in the future. But it doesn't seem like they had much time for that during the 90 days. It seems like they didn't have tons of time together, and almost none with just the two of them.

• Love 3

Even if he was misled about her financial situation to some degree, he noticed right away that the apartment was "a little small." She lost her job and the cell phones were cut off before the wedding. He had a pretty good idea that this wasn't going to be a gravy train and he still went forward.

Maybe because he knew both he and Danielle would be getting TLC money. They can't be that broke. Just another sham. 

• Love 2

There are a TON of men who are on online dating sites here in the states who could help Dani, provide for her and her family. But, they are men closer to her own age and background, and they are not nearly as exciting as foreigner Mo. I can see Mo sweeping her off her feet online, whereas a regular Joe here in the U.S. might not do that for her.

Oh, I think ANY guy, regular Joe or otherwise, would be "acceptable" to Dani.  If they're willing to pay a little attention to her, let her hang all over them, and contribute financially, I'm sure she'd be in hog heaven.

• Love 3

I actually don't think that Mohammed's "acceptable" is really a big deal. We don't know what he was asked and although he does speak English fairly well he is not fully fluent so it may be that he was simply saying that her looks were perfectly fine with him... that's all. Mohammed and all of the others were between a rock and a hard place IMO when having to deal with the show's restraints, their own self-interests, etc.

• Love 4

I actually don't think that Mohammed's "acceptable" is really a big deal. We don't know what he was asked and although he does speak English fairly well he is not fully fluent so it may be that he was simply saying that her looks were perfectly fine with him... that's all. Mohammed and all of the others were between a rock and a hard place IMO when having to deal with the show's restraints, their own self-interests, etc.

You are a very generous person.  God bless you :-)

• Love 3