Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Discussion

ShaNaeNae
  • Start Topic

This isn't completely true. If a couple doesn't pass an interview they will be very closely examined, but mostly for proof that they do live together and have a relationship. In new york, they might ask couples for keys to see if they match, ask questions about relatives, how many closest in the house, etc.

But they aren't looking for love as much as proof that the couple live together. They used to ask questions about a couples sex life, but I've heard they stopped that.

It is an intimidating process and no walk in the park if they have any doubt. They do go to houses, etc.

I've covered all that in other posts.  The procedure varies from couple to couple.  There's no one way that it happens for all.  Some never interview.  Some have a Stokes interview.  Some are asked for more evidence, some give a little and are fine.  My stepfather is from Morocco, a high fraud country.  He was asked one question and given his papers the next day.  They complimented my mom for having submitted the best paperwork they'd ever seen, but she knew what she was doing and just what they were expecting.  It's not intimidating if you do it well.

I also think Chelsea speaks to Yamir in Spanish primarily. It would keep him dependent on her for a longer time, and I think Chelsea likes to be the center of everything. She even had to mention how she had to figure out how to date a Nicaraguan POP STAR in her wedding vows. We all get it, Chels.

• Love 3

I've covered all that in other posts.  The procedure varies from couple to couple.  There's no one way that it happens for all.  Some never interview.  Some have a Stokes interview.  Some are asked for more evidence, some give a little and are fine.  My stepfather is from Morocco, a high fraud country.  He was asked one question and given his papers the next day.  They complimented my mom for having submitted the best paperwork they'd ever seen, but she knew what she was doing and just what they were expecting.  It's not intimidating if you do it well.

We were lucky and didn't have to have one, either.  My husband is from Algeria, but our paperwork was as close to perfect as we could get, and I think that had a lot to do with how easy and fast our approvals were.  I somehow doubt that Dani is going to have the same ease.  Look at how she reacted to the softball questions asked on the reunion show- can you imagine how she would react to tough questions from an ICE official?

I was so disappointed in the amount of filler this episode.  I expected it to be a fluff piece, but I guess I thought it would have a little more substance or behind the scenes info, not just re-hashing of old clips that had already been aired.  Hopefully they have a "where are they now" episode before the next season airs.

I don't think any jewelry store would consent to a filmed gem verification on camera if the flawed gem/jewelry in question came from their store.

Plus (assuming you buy the story that the reason for getting the ring verified was to make sure that Brett hadn't been ripped off by a shady jeweler) it makes sense to take the ring elsewhere for a second opinion.

I also think Chelsea speaks to Yamir in Spanish primarily. It would keep him dependent on her for a longer time, and I think Chelsea likes to be the center of everything.

I don't think Chelsea is a devious person. In her conversations with Yamir, she tended to say things in both Spanish and English. She'd say it in one language and then repeat it in the other. Maybe that was for the cameras, so the audience could understand without subtitles, but I think she's just trying to help him. It's frustrating to always be struggling for words in another language, and it's probably difficult for her to watch him struggle.

There are plenty, plenty, PLENTY other gullible fish in the sea, so why he went through with the marriage for a reason other than some kind of "feeling" is beyond me.

Although there are plenty of Danielles out there, I'm sure it's no cakewalk to nab one.  At the time of the wedding, Mohamed had already invested a year and a half of his life in Danielle. If he returned to Tunisia and started over, the next one might be a little smarter and it might take even longer to convince her it was true love. And would Uncle Sam give him the side eye for applying for yet another K1visa?  I think Mohamed decided he wants to be here badly enough to grit his teeth and endure it. And I think by that time he married her, he had realized that he didn't have to be particularly nice to Danielle while he waited it out. She'll whine and sob, but she's not going anywhere.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 2

Expecting him to volunteer at a church, doing what exactly, is ridiculous. I doubt the church would want him.

I'm not sure what church you attend, but I think there are probably several churches/parishes/fellowships that would welcome any help they could get... I know that my church is very welcoming to anyone who wants to help out.

There's all sorts of things he could probably do, building maintenance, folding letter/stuffing envelopes, running newletter presses, helping set up/clean up refreshments after family services/funerals, etc...

• Love 2

I am late but I am here. It took me some time to read all this!

So, the reunion show was fine when we filmed. The editing team made a good job editing 9 hours of videos and putting just in 1 hour. Almost a miracle.
Erica Hill was fine. What they wanted from us is that we would interact, make questions, like some friends drinking beer at the bar. And it was pretty much like that.
I read here that some of questions were not for me and I responded anyway. Of course. We were encouraged to do it. And I don't see a problem in expressing my way of viewing things. Like when they were talking about the age difference, I said that was not a problem at all.
About my modeling career: I never said I was amazing "omg, look at me" type. Modeling was an idea we had so I could do something while I don't do college. And to be honest with you, it's being very good to take a break from college. it was exhausting. And... I have a photo shoot coming soon! It would be great if I can work doing something and helping Jason and his dad with the bills.
Jason is more than open about moving to Miami, Las Vegas or whatever we decide to go and where there is a good opportunity to us. 

Chelsea and Yamir: I can see the love in their eyes. They are so cute together. Chelsea lived in Nicaragua for three years, helping poor people. She was there with Yamir. And he noticed she needed to come to America again. So they decided to come here together. So... how can you tell her she is selfish while she was donating her time down there? Yamir was not happy with MylaVox. He said he was tired of singing those songs and he wanted something more mature.
He released an album with 4 songs yesterday. It is not my favorite kind of music, but I think he can be very successful if he works a lot. Maybe he needs to find "his voice" and always be improving.

Justin and Evelin: They are very reserved people. They just want to be left alone. 

Brett and Daya: If you knew how nice they are... really, I think your whole perspective of them would change. They are very honest with each other. And she came from a good family. Daya was very rich in the Philippines. She had maids and never needed to even cook a meal. Then she came in here, for love. This is not for a green card or money. Here she has to cook and clean the house, and she likes it because she knows that in the end of the day Brett will get home and they can spend the night together. We talk to them on the phone for hours and hours. They make us laugh.

Danny and Amy: What a cute couple... They are really amazing. And Danny really likes to talk to Jason about business, phone calls and all that. Amy and I talked about her mom. She reminds me of my sister. And Danny is very funny. 

Danielle and Mohamed: no comments

• Love 22

Hi, Cassia!  I love your new look.  You're very pretty.  I wish you and Jason the best.  I didn't pay that much attention to any of the couples other than Mohamed and Danielle because, not only are they a train wreck, but, I work with immigrants from the part of the world that he's from, so that held my interest.  I did live in Brazil for two years, though.  It's one of my favorite places in the world.  They have the best meat I've ever eaten in my life, and I don't like meat that much.

I'd like to know, if you knew then what you know now, would you still do the show?

Edited by Virtually Me
  • Love 3

I wish they would have a seasoned FBI interrogator host these shows so we could actually find out some things.  Also, my puppy hides her little face behind me when she's caught doing something bad...but it's really cute.  When Dani was hiding her face it was nauseating.  I would need a lot more than a green card to deal with her clingy, simpering, double negative ways.

My husband came here from Belgium 26 years ago on a tourist visa and married an American girl he met in Greece.  He remembers that his interview was pretty detailed including the color of his wife's underwear.

• Love 2

Mohamed and Danielle were no way telling the truth. 

I think Mohamed tells 'his' truth. He's not said anything outrageous from what I hear. He hates that he can't work - that is refreshing to hear because I know many people who would prefer not to work. If Mohamed wants to work three jobs, and help Danielle with her girls, what's the problem?

Edited by Chalby

I don't believe Mo and Dani have consummated their marriage.

I think Mohamed and Danielle have everything worked out. She knows he is not interested in her, sexually, but she's willing to stay married to him if it means she can say she has him for a husband. He doesn't strike me as someone who interested in picking up women - I truly think he just wants to work.

Edited by Chalby
  • Love 2

I think Mohamed and Danielle have everything worked out. She knows he is not interested in her, sexually, but she's willing to stay married to him if it means she can say she has him for a husband. He doesn't strike me as someone who interested in picking up women - I truly think he just wants to work.

If he truly just wanted to work why didn't he stay in Tunisia?

The way he tells the story, he had a great job, family and friends in his country.

Did he leave all that just for Danielle and because he can't live without her? He could have bailed out at any time and return.

Mohamed came with a clear agenda, to get a green card first and foremost, what is his hidden agenda though? To find women who can support him? To find "friends" who can help him to move ahead in life? What is his true agenda?

It is very obvious that marrying Danielle was just a means to an end. Mohammed has been praised for his honesty, I LOL at that one, because they only honest thing about Mohammed is the fact that he is scamming the K-1 visa system to get himself into the U.S.

• Love 12

Hi, Cassia!  I love your new look.  You're very pretty.  I wish you and Jason the best.  I didn't pay that much attention to any of the couples other than Mohamed and Danielle because, not only are they a train wreck, but, I work with immigrants from the part of the world that he's from, so that held my interest.  I did live in Brazil for two years, though.  It's one of my favorite places in the world.  They have the best meat I've ever eaten in my life, and I don't like meat that much.

I'd like to know, if you knew then what you know now, would you still do the show?

Thank you! I feel like I needed to change a little bit, so maybe I would feel better. Brazil have very good meat! Argentina is the best, tho. 

I would answer that question with yes and no. Actually I wrote a big e-mail to TLC telling how I felt with everything. I would do it again because I could meet good people while the show was on. But I would not do again because of all the drama.

• Love 9

Chelsea and Yamir: I can see the love in their eyes. They are so cute together. Chelsea lived in Nicaragua for three years, helping poor people. She was there with Yamir. And he noticed she needed to come to America again. So they decided to come here together. So... how can you tell her she is selfish while she was donating her time down there? Yamir was not happy with MylaVox. He said he was tired of singing those songs and he wanted something more mature.

Wow that's pretty cool about them. I noticed that although Yamir seemed hurt by Gabriel.. he didn't really seem to mind for very long about Myla Vox. He does seem to love music a lot. It would also have helped their situation in the media a whole lot if it was mentioned before that she was there for 3 years! That changes a lot of things. I still say he isn't very good at improvising but I like his guitar playing.

And she came from a good family. Daya was very rich in the Philippines. 

Wow. TLC is terrible at this. I think most of the forum had already warmed up to Daya and Brett before the reunion though. Someone on here was telling us how different they actually are.

Danielle and Mohamed: no comments

Lol. Mo was probably really jealous of Jason Cassia. hahaha.

His actions resoundingly support that he is keenly interesting in picking up women, it's interesting how he gives off vibes of being exactly the opposite.

Yes, you have summed it up very well. His being in the USA is a result of 'picking up women" yet I almost get the impression that he is disgusted by (what he sees as) loose morals. I know he a has an agenda, I just don't know what it is. I figure he would prefer to work here because working three jobs at his home would probably be equivalent to the pay of one job here. I would love to be a fly on the wall to find out what the real deal is. She seems intent on having a man to support her and her girls.

• Love 1

And please do not hate me for telling this stuff about Daya. I did not want to be involve with her drama, I just cant help when I read that apparently "she is very rich". Regardless, if she is or not, her attitude towards the ring, the flower, and that "my luggage is over there, go get it" does not justify it.

• Love 3

The problem is he lied. Several times...he can knock on doors, offer to mow grass or wash cars. Work can be found if you get off the computer and dating sites and look for it!

Good point. I have clearly missed some shows.

• Love 1

P.S. I am not sure if this is for small talk.

You posted in the right place, as you are referring to her prescence on the reunion. :) Welcome to our forum. Thanks for your personal insight.

If you want to go into more personal detail, you can do that in the Small Talk forum.

Really? I detect some jealousy? She is on alot of social media and seems very loving with her new husband and step daughter and it has been about 6 months since they wed so her true colors would be out by now. If anything she seems to be a tad emotional and blunt but to the point. She also seems active in their church. I doubt she is wealthy. I know in the Phillipines home help is not unusual and if you have any eans of support one can usually afford it because it is plentiful and cheap. I have several filipino families I have as close friends.

Hello. As I mentioned earlier, I would rather not get involved with her drama. And good for her being loving and sweet. I just threw in what I have known about her. And please, no jealousy here. Mine was a simple reply to what was commented.

I apologize if it offended anyone. That will be my only and last post about Daya.

Edited by realitytvsucker

A lot of newcomers have started posting here. For some, English is not their first language and they are jumping into something new for them.

Let's recognize that, and be kind and welcoming to newcomers and allow everyone to express their opinion. Even if you disagree. There are nice ways to respond if you disagree, and there are not nice ways to express yourself.

I would hate to see someone feel like they are being run off, because if I see that sort of thing happening.... I won't be happy. You don't want me unhappy.

• Love 7

When Daya and Brett looked at the apartment, she commented on the lack of a dishwasher and another appliance back home.  So I don't think she lived the Richie Rich life.  Probably middle class to us.  Cassia and Daya's aunt/uncle have posted here that she's very nice.  I see someone who is surface nice, like a Southerner.  What they have shown us: She cries a lot to get what she wants.  She also has been bitchy.   Yes, she had a long flight and Brett was late.  Maybe the flowers weren't her favorite.  But that's just rudeness coming out.  Pointing to her bags and complaining about the flowers.  And the ring.  She chose to make those comments on camera and in front of his mother.  I don't see a sweetheart.  I also don't see the biggest bitch on wheels.  I see a striver.

• Love 8

I think Daya did come across as difficult at first, but then a softer side emerged.  My opinion of her changed when she cried as Brett's daughter was leaving.  Also, Daya had kind of trying circumstances here with the house and bed sharing.  I'm glad they got their own place, and I believe they really do love each other and will make a go of it.

• Love 6

A lot of newcomers have started posting here. For some, English is not their first language and they are jumping into something new for them.

Let's recognize that, and be kind and welcoming to newcomers and allow everyone to express their opinion. Even if you disagree. There are nice ways to respond if you disagree, and there are not nice ways to express yourself.

I would hate to see someone feel like they are being run off, because if I see that sort of thing happening.... I won't be happy. You don't want me unhappy.

Thank you for posting that.  I've been pretty much ready to go and I really just got here.

• Love 4

I think Daya did come across as difficult at first, but then a softer side emerged.  My opinion of her changed when she cried as Brett's daughter was leaving.  Also, Daya had kind of trying circumstances here with the house and bed sharing.  I'm glad they got their own place, and I believe they really do love each other and will make a go of it.

Somebody posted Daya's FB page and for the looks of it she has been very open about her commitment to Brett since he was there in her country, way before she came to the U.S. I can't speculate about her wealth being that having a maid in her country is not very expensive, whether she worked in a small hospital or not doesn't mean anything, maybe cassia thought that having a maid was a sign of wealth because they might be more expensive in Brazil?

It seems to have been confirmed that she is indeed a nurse and that is great news for Brett, if she indeed is able to pass all her revalidation tests and get a nurse license here in the U.S. then her income probably will be higher than Brett.

The pictures of her FB tell me the story of a lovely couple who do a lot of activities together, who seem to have blended very well with Cassidy and that has helped me to look at her in a much different way than at the beginning of the show. Yes, she does have her bitchy moments but don't we all? I just hope that down the road Brett's mother and her will make a truce, it might take several years and if the marriage still stands then maybe Brett's mother will come around.

• Love 6

I can only comment on what I see. Reality tv is just tv to me. While it's interesting and enlightening to get insiders' points of view and perspectives, in the context of 90 Day Fiance, I can really only address what I see on the screen.

Of course, I have opinions and conclusions on all the participants. But, I recognize that what I'm watching is the product of editing and staging by the TLC execs. So...of course, my skepticism engages.

For now, I'll just comment on Chelsea and Yamir. It means a LOT to me that she entered the Peace Corps and gave of herself selflessly. Altruism, in the buff, is not easy. From what I see on the show, I believe Chelsea and Yamir love and lust for each other. I hope they find great happiness together.

• Love 5

[snip] She is on alot of social media and seems very loving with her new husband and step daughter and it has been about 6 months since they wed so her true colors would be out by now. If anything she seems to be a tad emotional and blunt but to the point. She also seems active in their church. I doubt she is wealthy. I know in the Phillipines home help is not unusual and if you have any means of support one can usually afford it because it is plentiful and cheap. I have several filipino families I have as close friends.

People... This is just a TV show. They want to show what they want you to see. That's all.

I really think is not cool someone attacking someone from the same country. I know it because the Brazilians. I got few messages on Twitter from Brazilians and they were just sad. All of them were from women. And I think that's why I don't have many women as friends: because they attack each other in a way I cannot understand. I never see men doing it with other men. But then again it happens only a few times, not always.

I cannot understand when people say (not the case here) "90 days is not enough to know someone, not enough to take a decision". But yet, they choose to hate or love someone TV based on only 10 edited videos. What you see on TV is not everything. 

"90 Day Fiance" is far from teaching people the real K1 process.

You don't have 90 days to "decide" if you will get married. Before you come here you have to sign a paper that says like "you know you have to marry this person in 90 days".

90 days is to plan the wedding.

To get a K1 you have to know the person and at meet this person once in the last 2 years.

To get a K1 you have a background check, physical and a interview.

In the interview you have to raise your hand and promise you will tell the truth (some people don't tell the truth, ok)

In the interview they ask all the possible things about your partner. How did you meet, where he /she is living, what he/she does for life, etc.

When I had the interview, Jason was with me. It made me feel calm. 

She talked to me in Portuguese, asking things about Jason. Then she asked one thing to him:

"why did you decide to move to Florida?"

Jason "well, 44 inches of snow!"

She laughed and said "it's a good reason. Congratulations, you got approved!"

It was the best feeling in the world knowing that I would never say goodbye to him anymore and that I would always be near Jason. I will never forget that day!

So sometimes it's hard to just be judged by people who doesn't know your story. But is what happens when u are on a TV show! Cannot complain. Haha

Edited by cooksdelight
Quoted post was edited
  • Love 9

[snip]

Thank you, sweetie!  My peace of mind is good.  I've answered everything that came at me with patience and calm.  It's out of concern for others who get their panties all in a bunch over opinions about a TV show that gave me pause.  I don't plan to leave.  If someone wants to stroke out over what they read here, so be it.

Edited by cooksdelight
Quoted post removed
  • Love 3

I love that previously.tv is all-inclusive and welcoming to all. And, I absolutely agree that respect and acceptance of every participant's opinions is paramount.

So far, on this show' s threads, I've seen participants, relatives of participants and interested third-parties contribute. To me, all are clear, cogent and on-point strategically with their opinions. Though English may not be their mother language, I've had no problem whatsoever understanding them.

So, that said, I don't think any of the "insiders" deserve any kind of kid-glove special treatment. JMHO. All of us here, imo, deserve respect and openness toward and from sister/brother posters. Other than that, I feel we are fine and on solid ground questioning or disagreeing with ANYONE'S assertions here. Respectfully, of course. Always.

• Love 7

I cannot understand when people say (not the case here) "90 days is not enough to know someone, not enough to take a decision". But yet, they choose to hate or love someone TV based on only 10 edited videos. What you see on TV is not everything.

Cassia.. this is gold. When people disagree on opinions and don't get along.. it takes all my effort not to type "Sigh"

It is a TV show, and there is a lot to learn about any process of both producing a tv show as well as the subject they are talking about.

When I had married my ex-husband, I got minor crap from a lot of people around me about green card and all this junk. But the MOST crap I actually got was from his family in portugal! His sisters treated me like dirt and gossiped I only wanted his "famous name"

The worst part is he actually did get a green card (to be fair.. he is 100 times better husband than Mo was.. and for that, I forgave him and we are friends now). We all come from a world where we have done bad things and I don't think anyone has the right to judge anyone else. We do it here on this forum for fun and we try to keep it sane and lighthearted.

In relation to the TOPIC at hand (sorry cooksdelight) I actually think Mohamed and Danielle will survive their own game fine.. because the more I hear and read about it, and the more I think about this episode, I can see that they EACH.. BOTH have their cards held where no one can see them. And the BOTH have a game going. I actually am MORE skeptical of Justin.. It still bothers me a little that he didn't want to introduce Evelyn and wanted to elope.. more now especially since I'm pretty sure his family's reaction was 80% scripted. If they are genuinely nice then what's his deal? Is he the black sheep? There seems to be an underlying thing between him and his family. I see a lot of toddler shows so I can feel like "Well MY brother has a trophy and MY sister has all the smarts and me justin.. teaches gym class... It's just strange.

I like chelsea but Its frustrating how she likes the attention she gets for having a guy like Yamir.. if that makes sense. She like.. wants his spotlight.. or has this vibe that says "look at my husband! Isn't he adorable?? If he is adorable then I'm automatically adorable for marrying him right?? We are the adorable couple." Otherwise I like her.

Edited by EggoWaffles
  • Love 6

But Persnickty - don't forget that Daya CAN'T divorce him.  That's why he wanted a wife from the Phillopines.

A lot of guys go in with the bride agency ad poppycock. By the time they reach Brett's status they know the truth. Filipinos are just as likely to be separated as Americans, the single parent birthrate is within a margin of error difference of ours. What is different, at least until after the Pope visits and President Aquino resumes his assault on the old laws is that Daya won't be able to marry again in the Philippines until he dies. By the time a divorce decision normally comes the Filipino immigrant is normally a permanent resident or citizen of the US, and other foreign nations so they can remarry anywhere except the Republic and perhaps Malta. And if Brett initiated the divorce then Daya would be able to remarry in the Philippines. There are a few exceptions like marrying a Muslim under Sharia law, a few other Filipino minority indigenious allows a Filipino to remarry.

Brett and Daya: If you knew how nice they are... really, I think your whole perspective of them would change. They are very honest with each other. And she came from a good family. Daya was very rich in the Philippines. She had maids and never needed to even cook a meal. Then she came in here, for love. This is not for a green card or money. Here she has to cook and clean the house, and she likes it because she knows that in the end of the day Brett will get home and they can spend the night together. We talk to them on the phone for hours and hours. They make us laugh.

Maids and nannies don't make you part of the rich in the Philippines, there are a lot of people. And though it is changing to 18 now, you finished public education at 16. Many girls who could not go to college end up as domestic help for say a cousin who works for a call center. Most of the emerging middle class never have to cook. A woman would come around to do the laundry, another to give pedicures. A teen aged girl might move in to be a senior aid for a grandparent, etc. Only the poorest won't take in some from the extended family to work as domestic help. Mostly the extended family provides money and shelter for the maid, nanny, etc service but the state doesn't set you up with housing, food and monetary assistance

• Love 1

Here is 50 cents about this show. When you put your life for the public to see, edited or not, and act "differently than yourself". Then yes you will get a response, maybe you will be liked or not, its not your choice. Its the viewers.

Comments about someone who happen to be from the same country, and that you happened to know personally, is not attacking her/ him. It is giving your fair share of opinion.

Edited by realitytvsucker
  • Love 1

So, that said, I don't think any of the "insiders" deserve any kind of kid-glove special treatment.

No one gets special treatment here. Everyone is treated fairly. Everyone receives the same warnings or thank-yous fairly.

However, one rule to remember is to post to the words you want to address, not to the person who posted them in a way that it becomes personal. Always pay attention to mod warnings about things that should not be posted here. Be courteous to everyone. 

• Love 1

You don't have 90 days to "decide" if you will get married. Before you come here you have to sign a paper that says like "you know you have to marry this person in 90 days".

This quote Cassia, is what makes me insane about this show. It could have been an opportunity for TLC to show us the entire process.  But it was made to be a soap opera of will they or won't they.  thus far 10 couples have been featured on the network all 10 are married. I know that Chelsea is probably a good person, I think her motives and actions at times are suspect with how much she wants everyone to know Yamir is a boy band boy.  It reminds me of when I was 24 and had the super hot boyfriend.  I was like Yay he picked me.  Yamir's rapping was horrendous, but he may have a great voice.  I hope and wish him tons of luck.  Living in the midwest though, I would absolutely 100% disagree if you want to launch a music career you go to Chicago....Um no, you go to New York.  While Chicago is large, there isn't tons of music just spilling at the seams coming from there.  I also don't think anyone should be hard on Yamir for still speaking Spanish.  I, like Chelsea, lived abroad in a foreign country.  It is REALLY hard to learn and assimilate.  Especially if you have someone like Chelsea, always speaking to you in your language.  He will do best by taking classes but also by getting out there and talking to people :) I still don't get the hate for Daya at all.  I think the flowers, ring and all that garbage was 100% scripted and staged.  On Social Media she is SO sweet and responds to everyone.  That is not a bitch.  And I hate Justin.  I also agree he's hiding something.  I can't figure it out.  His body language with Evelin too is just so off.  On the show he was just never really touching her.  Sometimes I wonder if he got married to get married.  Oh and then the fact that he said when he sees her he gets "horny".  Barf.

• Love 3

. It's not like he can change his Dad's mind. Nobody else in the family feels that way, so why give the old man more thought than he deserves.

Ironically I am probably older than Danny's Dad but his ideas put him in the Wayback machine.

I think Danny and Amy are trying to change Dad's mind by having Amy win him over with her grace and good nature. I agree that it's not likely to change Dad's long-held ideas about race. However, Amy shouldn't be put in a position where he can insult her to her face. Danny can do something about that by laying down some boundaries about what Dad can and cannot say in Amy's presence. Instead, Danny sits there and looks like an embarrassed fourteen-year-old. 

• Love 5

When Daya and Brett looked at the apartment, she commented on the lack of a dishwasher and another appliance back home.  So I don't think she lived the Richie Rich life.  Probably middle class to us.  Cassia and Daya's aunt/uncle have posted here that she's very nice.  I see someone who is surface nice, like a Southerner.  What they have shown us: She cries a lot to get what she wants.  She also has been bitchy.   Yes, she had a long flight and Brett was late.  Maybe the flowers weren't her favorite.  But that's just rudeness coming out.  Pointing to her bags and complaining about the flowers.  And the ring.  She chose to make those comments on camera and in front of his mother.  I don't see a sweetheart.  I also don't see the biggest bitch on wheels.  I see a striver.

ITA. By her own behavior in front of cameras, Daya seems very insincere. Phony. And it's easy to be "nice" on social media where you aren't dealing with people face to face.

I probably won't be posting again. With the people on the show coming in here, it's put a damper on things for me personally. Carry on.

• Love 2

But Persnickty - don't forget that Daya CAN'T divorce him.  That's why he wanted a wife from the Phillopines.

I laughed out loud when Brett said that. No matter how big a douche he is, or what he does, she can never leave. It's like he's got a wife chained in the basement. Divorce is not a fate worse than death, dude.

Sorry that sounds confusing. Haven't had coffee yet.

• Love 2

I think Daya is maybe just a bad actress. She's certainly a different person away from the TLC director and production team, I think. There were several times when others slipped up as well. You could see slight grins or knowing looks, as if to say "Who the hell is going to believe this or us?"

I know someone who got bounced from one of these types of shows because they couldn't stop grinning when they were supposed to be serious. I could never master the art of lying to a TV audience and making it believable. I was always picked last for the class play. :)

• Love 1

If Daya is 'acting' on the show, then she shouldn't complain if people believe it.  I didn't see a sweetheart or a bitch on the show, on the reunion or on her twitter feed.  I see a very average person who sometimes is cranky, bitchy or whiny and one that knows how to play Brett.  #jmo

• Love 1

I probably won't be posting again. With the people on the show coming in here, it's put a damper on things for me personally. Carry on.

Word to the above. 

We are watching a television show and posting our take based on what we see on screen and how our gut reacts to that. That others' guts react differently is what makes for good discussion, snark and fun. There were so many entertaining takes on the behavior on the reunion show that it was great fun to read, even those thoughts that I totally disagreed with.

When people are so bent on convicing everyone else that their own take on the show is the correct one either because they have gone through the process, know how people from [insert country] are, or because they are friends with the third cousin of the mailman who delivers to [insert cast member's name]'s house, the chatter becomes less entertaining. Add to that the principals on the show coming into threads and pointing out "truths" about the show and the people on it that we could not have possibly known and that turns into a "See, I told you" fest.

Cassia wrote here, "Danny is very funny." Who cares? I know plenty of people who are amusing but are also assholes. The idea that Amy should have to turn on some charm to make Danny's father "come around" is so incredibly insulting and demeaning to her that it leaves me speechless. It's like someone is saying, "Go on, go over there and show him what a lovely person you are," like they are some kind of trained seal. Fuck that.

• Love 8

"Daya can;t divorce me."   Yeah right.   She's in America now.   Once she get around other people, and if she recertifies as a nurse, she will be around others in the know, she will learn the magic words "alimony" and "community property."    Bwahahahahahaha.   I love representing people against jerks who think their wife will never figure out how to leave.

• Love 1