Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E34: Power Of Veto Competition #11

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

"We should have gotten Frankie out before," says everyone who isn't Victoria.  Ya think?  

As for Victoria, I know it (probably) isn't her fault that she's so vacant, but geez I hate it that she's now the show's sole representative of womankind.  Warrior Princess.  What a maroon.  

But maybe I'm not much smarter.  I watched the entire episode in the vain hope that they'd spend some time in the jury house.  It didn't even need to be 17 minutes; I'd have been happy with five.  

• Love 4

Dan is not a very big fan of Frankie. This should be fun.

Frankie pronounces it "vee-tow." Not "vee-dough". I cannot hate him for that.

Caleb's crack about Devin's hairline was mean, but him cracking himself up at his saluting joke made me laugh. And the sound effects when he and Cody were "judy-chopping" the button were so funny.

Victoria, fuck off. You're not a Warrior Princess or whatever you said, not when you call Cody a girl as an insult. Frankie can cut that shit out too.

• Love 6
Victoria, fuck off. You're not a Warrior Princess or whatever you said, not when you call Cody a girl as an insult. Frankie can cut that shit out too.

Victoria said in the DR that she was Batman to Derrick's Robin -- that had to be scripted by production, because there is no way she actually believes that -- even she's not THAT stupid.

Then again, who knows ? Maybe Victoria is from an entirely different universe and is just visiting this universe to play BB.

When Frankie said "I get to crown myself!" I wanted someone, anyone, to say "I'd be happy to CROWN YOU instead..."

He was particularly obnoxious this episode, and that's saying something.

No kidding -- what was with the preening and talking to the cameras in the HoH when there was no one else in there ?

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 3

I just loved the Delusions of Grandeur montage with Princess Deluded herself, Victoria.

Cody: "We might be stuck in the room and forced to eat each other." Wow, so this is a reward for Frankie then?

The "judy chops" (not Judo for those confused) on the button segment was also hilarious.

I wonder why anyone watching (myself concluded) gives a crap since this all goes the way of the MIB button in the next eppy.

That said I did hope that Frankie would make the first "big move" of the year and puts someone up just to have it all go down the drain. But the summer of "oh I'm too scared to make a big move" continues. *yawn*

We have tonight as verification that even if there is nobody around Frankie can't. shut. up.

Good to hear about the Jury House footage t'morra. I thought maybe there really was no such thing and the jurors were sentenced to wander around a 24hr SuperWalmart until the finale. Hey, at least they'd be able to get the TV's turned to see show.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 4

No kidding -- what was with the preening and talking to the cameras in the HoH when there was no one else in there ?

The best part was when he looked up, saw he wasn't at his best angle camera-wise, repositioned, then continued without a hitch.

I read that Caleb saw the rat and described it as the size of an alligator.  I'm very disappointed that didn't make the episode.

I did enjoy Victoria randomly screaming at the top of her lungs, and Cody's sideways tippy toe before leaping on top of a chair.

• Love 3

Oh I laughed this episode. A whole season of bore and tonight the editors went back to work.  On Caleb.  Not gonna lie, starting to like the guy. Between Caleb and Cody judy chopping the button (with the fly and Caleb smacking himself), Caleb not even guessing his own eyes, how ugly the 3-part circus freaks are, Caleb making fun of Devin's receding hairline, Victoria totally delusional in the DR (set up or not) thinking she's this Big Brother Beast, then the whole mouse deal. Cody screaming like a girl, Derek telling how big it is in which Caleb doubled the size to tell everyone else about it.  I have to say I appreciated Caleb not backing down and looking for that thing and making a homemade trap. 

Edited by ShaNaeNae
  • Love 3

The best part was when he looked up, saw he wasn't at his best angle camera-wise, repositioned, then continued without a hitch.

I caught that too.  It launched me into a five minute contemplation of what the best Team America mission would be.  'Frankie you must not make direct eye contact with the cameras for more than one minute during every hour.  Every hour you go, you will win $500, but you can not sleep and must always be in the presence of one other HG.'

• Love 4

This was, I think, the hardest houseguest combo game. Most have been more easy to tell what pieces were who. Using three people and one just for the eyes made it really challenging I think. Well, unless you ask Frankie of course who has known every answer to any question ever.

• Love 3

I enjoyed this episode more than I have any of them in the last 8 weeks, or more.  Cody is racking up an excellent bloopers reel. 

Not only do I agree that Victoria's being instructed what to say in the diary room, they must be holding up cue cards for her.  I don't think she would even know that Batman and Robin were sidekicks without being told.  I'm normally not one to support the idea of women just growing up to find a man to marry who will take care of them, but in her case, I make an exception.  Good lord, someone please help this girl through the rest of her life, because I don't want to see what would happen if she dared to strike out on her own.  Can she even drive?  Passing the driving exam is way too close to one of these competitions, and I can't envision her actually passing, instead of taking out all the cones and flipping the car over during the parallel-parking attempt.  Hell, she could get tripped up on the vision test. "What color do you see on the screen?"     "Um...eight?  Shoes?  Oh, I don't know!  GOD!"

I want to believe that the editors are showing Frankie vamping himself at the cameras more and more, but it could also be that he's just not giving them anything else to show.  Could someone please slip a little Super Glue into his mascara so he will stop winking at us?

• Love 14

not when you call Cody a girl as an insult.

Victoria is one of those women who hates other women. She insulted Amber and Brittany when she was voting them out (calling them "fakest of the fake" - huh?) and she was practically gloating about the boos Christine got last week.

The fact that production feeds contestants lines in the diary room is no secret but I think Victoria is the most obvious. You can practically see the wheels cranking in her head as she tries to remember the line.

• Love 2
I thought it was pretty easy. Each "freak" was made up of a HG's hair, top part of face, and bottom part of face. And they used their wall photos that we see so often.

Agreed.  In one photo they didn't just use Paola's hair but included her hat as well.  

Let's see, who else wears a stupid hat like that ? No one.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver

I normally am not able to guess them all correctly as a viewer when they do the morph competition, but to my own surprise I figured all of these out really quickly.  Probably even more quickly than Frankie.  SUCK ON THAT, FRANKIE!  You may have won, but I would have won BETTER and FASTER, and also, your win doesn't even MATTER, so HA HA HA SHUT UP!

I enjoyed that Cody couldn't help but take a moment to laugh at each mash-up, even though he "needed" the Veto more than anyone else besides Victoria.

Edited by Irritable
  • Love 1

Victoria is one of those women who hates other women. She insulted Amber and Brittany when she was voting them out (calling them "fakest of the fake" - huh?)

Honestly, Amber and Brittany came off as very fake to me as well.  YMMV

As for Victoria, I know it (probably) isn't her fault that she's so vacant, but geez I hate it that she's now the show's sole representative of womankind.  Warrior Princess.  What a maroon.  

Maybe she's getting mixed up and channeling Mulan instead of Princess Jasmine?

The "judy chops" (not Judo for those confused) on the button segment was also hilarious.

A Judy chop is like a judo chop, but different.  Very, very different.

• Love 1

I'm very glad they are starting to use the condescending boings and gongs in the background for Frankie now. He makes himself look like an arrogant prick just by his terrible personality, but they are finally showing it. May the button destroy Frankie.

Victoria's DR was just annoying. I honestly don't think she's even worth the time.

Cody and Caleb were fun. My husband laughed and rewound at Caleb's "It's a rat. It's not stupid." As far as a completely pointless show goes, it was pretty decent.

• Love 3

Our  programming was interrupted because of tornado watches and warning here in MO>  What happened tonite?

i live in kansas city and had those same tornado interruptions so watched it on www.cbs.com/bigbrother -- full episodes.

So come 6:15 a.m. all thoughts of rodents dissolve? Come 8:30 a.m. i'd still be up on a chair with cody.

Frankie's histrionics served him well in the discovery of the mouse.  Does caleb really think looped cellophane tape is going to trap a yard-long rat?

What color do you see on the screen?"     "Um...eight?  Shoes?  Oh, I don't know!  GOD!" --  TOO FUNNY.

Edited by goodogcarl

I thought it was pretty easy. Each "freak" was made up of a HG's hair, top part of face, and bottom part of face. And they used their wall photos that we see so often.

It seemed like there were actually 4 segments to me because I could spot the hair easily but the eyes and the hair didn't match, and the nose didn't match the eyes or the mouth, or maybe the nose did always match one.  So I assumed they took 4 segments of 3 HGs and mushed them up?  E.g., Amber's hair and nose, Hayden's mouth, Zack's eyes?  

Referencing other posts but, rats actually are smart so I sided with Caleb on that one.  

Why was Cody saying that it never should have even crossed Caleb's mind to put him up, when he (Cody) was seriously contemplating putting an alliance member (Frankie) up just the week before. These people can really be obtuse. 

I'm sorry, I have to own it. I love Caleb. He never fails to crack me up. That Beast Mode dance session, while Derrick and Cody talk strategy, was just pure awesome sauce. 

Watching the Veto would have been totally pointless (because of the Rewind) except for the fact that those faces were hilarious, and I loved seeing the hamster's reactions to them. 

I absolutely LOVED the rat TAFY mission. THAT is what the missions should have been like all summer. It was so funny, had nothing to do with game, and gave me something entertaining to watch - other than countless "I don't want to get blood on my hands" conversations. Cody deciding to live on a chair until said rat was found was priceless. 

Wow, Frankie's narcissistic adoration of himself just gets worse and worse. That little speech he was giving himself in the HOH room was painful to watch. He is a nightmare. A disgusting, self-inflated nightmare. Cody, you SHOULD be kicking yourself in the arse. He should have been evicted already. Please let the rewind give us another shot.

• Love 1

Is it wrong that I'n now rooting for Victoria to win?  She's SO blatantly clueless that it's almost endearing.

Did they really waste THAT much time on a mediocre "Team Amurika" stunt? UGH. They really are intent on beating that dead horse even furhter into the ground, aren't they?

I honestly don't think I can despite Frankie any more than I currently do. And then (THANKS, TPTB!!) they show Frankie talking to himself, and I was like "Ah! That got my good ol' hate-meter up a few more notches!" 

And Cody/Caleb "judy chop" bit was kinda hysterical.

Edited by ShadowDenizen
When Frankie said "I get to crown myself!" I wanted someone, anyone, to say "I'd be happy to CROWN YOU instead..."

It would have been even better if Khal Drogo stepped forward and crowned him Dothraki style. Far-fetched? Possibly. But a girl can dream.....

• Love 3

I was not looking forward to this show because we know everything that's happened in the last two episodes is null and void because of the reset on Wednesday. But I think the editors knew that, too, because instead of boring strategy talk that would lead nowhere, we got "Judy Chops" and the imaginary rat sending Cody climbing the furniture. I admit I had to laugh at both of those scenes.

I didn't laugh but rolled my eyes all the way back into my skull at Frankie's one-man-show in the HoH room where he listed all his triumphs. I'm surprised there was enough space in that HoH room for both Frankie and his ego!

I said this in a previous episode thread, but if you ever wondered whether or not the diary room sessions are scripted (or at least heavily prompted), you just have to look at Victoria's. Every time she says that she's going to win something or talks about how she's so amazing at this game, even SHE doesn't look like she really believes it!

I'm hoping that the reset leads to someone else being HoH and putting Frankie up, but I wouldn't put money on it. If Frankie doesn't pull off HoH again, he'll win the veto and secure his place in the house for another week. Cody should've put him up when he had the chance the other week!

Actually, now that I think about it, this season has been so boring and predictable that I wouldn't be at all surprised if after the reset, Frankie wins the new HoH competition and puts up Victoria and Cody again, then wins the Veto and we end up EXACTLY WHERE WE WERE BEFORE THE RESET. :-P

• Love 2

Actually, now that I think about it, this season has been so boring and predictable that I wouldn't be at all surprised if after the reset, Frankie wins the new HoH competition and puts up Victoria and Cody again, then wins the Veto and we end up EXACTLY WHERE WE WERE BEFORE THE RESET. :-P

Wootini, I'm sure that's EXACTLY what will happen.  I refuse to get my hopes up that it will be any different this time.  I'm tired of being let down! 

• Love 1

Victoria said in the DR that she was Batman to Derrick's Robin -- that had to be scripted by production, because there is no way she actually believes that -- even she's not THAT stupid.

I figured it was based on something Derrick said to her. Victoria embraces compliments, like being told that she should be proud that she's the last girl standing (when it just means she was the least threatening).

That said I did hope that Frankie would make the first "big move" of the year and puts someone up just to have it all go down the drain. But the summer of "oh I'm too scared to make a big move" continues. *yawn*

I'm reminded of the ad for trash bags that has a squeaky voice repeatedly chanting "wimpy, wimpy, wimpy". Victoria called Caleb a wimp for chickening out of a big move, and the same word has been used on at least one of the other HG's (Cody, I think).

Judy chops?!?!

Also, when did Caleb start saying "Dad Gum" every other word in the DR? I strongly suspect someone in production is prompting him to play the hillbilly cowboy, because this seems like a new thing for him.

I can't begrudge Frankie calling Cody a little girl, because - honestly. Jumping up on a chair? Yeah, it's a classic case of a pot calling a kettle black, but still, Cody. Geez.

Frankie really is an idiot though. Pulling Victoria down and putting Caleb up was the obvious move because Caleb is about the only competition threat to him, standing in the way of his making it to the F2. Of course, he doesn't know about the reset, but that just makes him a lucky idiot.

Frankie really is an idiot though. Pulling Victoria down and putting Caleb up was the obvious move because Caleb is about the only competition threat to him, standing in the way of his making it to the F2. Of course, he doesn't know about the reset, but that just makes him a lucky idiot.

I think the guys have an inkling of what's going to happen. Frankie no idiot. He's not going make a big move with an unknown twist hanging out there.

Wootini, I'm sure that's EXACTLY what will happen.  I refuse to get my hopes up that it will be any different this time.  I'm tired of being let down! 

I think it'll be dull, too, but I guess I see how the original concept might've stirred up some drama.  IF someone had put up someone that was pissed off, it gave the opportunity for a little quick revenge from that person.  But as far as I can tell, either Cody and Victoria both think they're safe or Victoria is fine with going out at #5?  I don't foresee any vengeance against Frankie, should one of them win HOH.  Though the pickings are slim now, so I'd put Frankie up just as retaliation if it suited my game because it's an easy 'out', less blood on their hands if he did get sent home.  

OMG.  How much did I love last night's episode?  It was like the editors were let loose from their cage, and they went to town.  Lordy, lordy, lordy, reading the live feed forum just detailed lots and lots of boredom, so I figured last night would be BO-ring.  But I was wrong, wrong, wrong.  Between all the silliness of Caleb and Cody on the ridiculous "judy" chops, actual house cleaning because the hamsters were chagrinned to find that Jeff thought they were disgusting, the imaginary rat that everybody believed in so very quickly--especially girly-screamy Cody,  Frankie's obvious preening and positioning for the cameras, and a Veto competition bringing real suspense as to the outcome, this was one solid show.  Where has this show been all season?

"Judy" chop.  <snicker>

• Love 2

Funniest. Episode. Ever.

I love the face game they played. But I love their reactions to the faces even more. Cody and Derrick killed me.

Derrick's reaction to Caleb's 'smart' rats was great!

But how do the smart rats compare on the Caleb Smart Scale, when compared to turkeys who are, "smart, but not book smart".

• Love 1

I can't begrudge Frankie calling Cody a little girl, because - honestly. Jumping up on a chair? Yeah, it's a classic case of a pot calling a kettle black, but still, Cody. Geez.

I can.  If he wants to call him a coward, or ridiculous, or tell him he's acting like an idiot, or whatever, that's what he should say. "Girl" is not a synonym for any of those things.

• Love 2

When Frankie did this, he looked like a complete pyschopath. His narcissism is staggering!

I would say that most DR sessions are at least partially scripted - and I have no problem with that. But Victoria's are soooooooooooo painful to watch, and especially painful to LISTEN to. She's so wooden when she's reading the cue card or whatever the hell scripting they've provided her. What in the hell is even the point?!

Fingers crossed that this Rewind tonight does something, ANYTHING, to make this game more interesting.

I think it's pretty easy for Frankie to talk about Cody when he knows the rat was fake. I wonder how he would have acted had he not been part of the mission. I thought his whole scene was overdone and ridiculous, honestly, but of course, I knew it was fake. There are a lot of men that are afraid of mice and many of them probably act like this, so I don't think the behaviour should be called girly. Frankly, I thought Cody was hilarious and adorable. That was the highlight of the episode for me, along with the "judy-chopping".

Dammit Wootini!

I WAS looking forward to tonight. But not now, thanks a LOT. "Big Brother 16: Season of 'We Can't Have Nice Things.'"

• Love 2