Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler, Speculation and Social Media

• Start Topic

(edited)
48 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Do we think the rumors of an impending move, default on the loans for Prairie of Plague, and loss of Robyn and Kody's house have an legs?  

I would watch the he** out of that!! Please make it be true! The only way I see it happening though is if TLC cuts them loose...Pleeeeze!

Edited by Gramto6
typo
  • Like 15
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Absolom said:

Do we think the rumors of an impending move, default on the loans for Prairie of Plague, and loss of Robyn and Kody's house have an legs?  

Has talk of this been posted somewhere recently or are we just thinking this because 3 sources of money left Kody and Robyn?

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
6 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Has talk of this been posted somewhere recently or are we just thinking this because 3 sources of money left Kody and Robyn?

I've seen rumors since yesterday on FB, reddit. Fwiw.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 6

I hope that it's true too.

It really doesn't matter how many sources report it. Once one reports it, the others just copy the initial report.

It could be wishful thinking on my part, but it seems logical that if they've lost 3/5 of their income, Robyn and Kody would be feeling the strain immensely.

We can only hope...

It's mean, but I wish no happiness on those two. They really did the three OG wives dirty.

• Like 17

I have always thought that the Browns finances were shaky at best, so this wouldn't surprise me at all. I don't wish for anyone to lose their home - it's awful and I can't imagine how it would feel - but I think the Browns have lived beyond their means for quite some time now and it has to catch up with them sooner or later.

• Like 23

Wow…rumors of an impending move…This is going to be interesting. I haven’t heard or read anything about it yet apart from here, but I’m inclined to believe it holds some elements of truth.
They have never lived anywhere longer than 7 years after all (that includes Lehi and Las Vegas). So, time wise, I’d say Kody is probably feeling the need to move again. And then there’s the matter of all those separations. Such matters almost always mess up the finances, as assets and money need to be divided. And Kody has not one, but two exes to deal with now. Good luck with that! I can see a need to somehow cash in on the mansion or CP to free some money…

• Like 11

A move would also give Kody and Robyn a storyline for the show. Kody would be able to rant and rave and Robyn could cry without tears about how it isn’t fair they have to move.

• Like 10
  • LOL 6
41 minutes ago, Shelbie said:

A move would also give Kody and Robyn a storyline for the show. Kody would be able to rant and rave and Robyn could cry without tears about how it isn’t fair they have to move.

Interesting conundrum for Mr. & Mrs. Dark Queen - do they film their misery, thus bringing in some much needed cash since the OG 3 up and bailed?  Or in their embarrassment of not being able to pay the mortgage on the mansion, go dark and skulk around the western USA looking for someplace new to live that they can afford?  I can see Kody wanting to keep the TLC gravy train rolling and Robyn wishing otherwise.  Could be interesting.

21 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I suspect Kody used some of the other wives' money to afford the mansion, fives cars, five 'kids' and themselves, etc.

This past season Janelle said as much in a couch interview - that her money had gone to helping Robyn and Kody purchase the mansion, but when Janelle had to move out of her rental, no one came to her aid and she was left with nothing.

I think for years, since the show started, Kody was building a financial house of cards and Janelle was the one trying to put out all of the fires caused by Kody and Robyn's overspending.  I think when it all shakes out and the Big 3 have extricated themselves from the family's tangled finances, Kody and Robyn are going to find themselves with nothing but Kody's questionable income and maybe $2.14 a month on royalties from their book.  There's no way they are going to be able to afford that house.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 16
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

I wouldn't watch a whole season of K&R struggling, but a couple of episodes spaced out of their losing the mansion & CP and having to find a new place (trailer) to live would be must see TV! 🤣

• Like 10
  • LOL 7

They won't be destitute or "living in a trailer" lol. Kody runs a business selling guns, in fact Gwen said recently Kody runs "several" businesses. I predict they will sell the McMansion and move into something more modest, a standard 3 bedroom family home, maybe in another city, with their youngest two and life goes on. You won't ever see Robyn with a real regular job, their community isn't big on that, especially if you fancy yourself some sort of celebrity. Kody will keep hustling and fame-whoring any avenue that can be hustled and whored. 

Edited by Canadian Girl
  • Like 7
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, Canadian Girl said:

They won't be destitute or "living in a trailer" lol. Kody runs a business selling guns, in fact Gwen said recently Kody runs "several" businesses. I predict they will sell the McMansion and move into something more modest, a standard 3 bedroom family home, maybe in another city, with their youngest two and life goes on.

I do not see Robyn’s older kids move out any time soon and there is no way Robyn is going to squeeze her family in a smaller house. That’s impossible, remember? Neither Christine nor Janelle ever had any issues with their kids sharing bedrooms. They made 3 bedrooms work. Robyn kept on complaining that God wasn’t giving her a 6 bedroom rennal back then….So, the modest standard 3-bedroom house you mentioned is probably their equivalent of living in a trailer😉

As for Kody running businesses and not being destitute: There’s a lot of hidden poverty among business owners and if Kody truly had that much money, he wouldn’t have had to take on those extra mortgages/helocs on the mansion. Now I’m not saying he’s doing bad, but I do seriously doubt he is wealthy enough to maintain the mansion, the land on CP, provide for 3 kids in college and pay out another 2 exes…. 

• Like 15
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, LilyD said:

I do not see Robyn’s older kids move out any time soon and there is no way Robyn is going to squeeze her family in a smaller house. That’s impossible, remember? Neither Christine nor Janelle ever had any issues with their kids sharing bedrooms. They made 3 bedrooms work. Robyn kept on complaining that God wasn’t giving her a 6 bedroom rennal back then….So, the modest standard 3-bedroom house you mentioned is probably their equivalent of living in a trailer😉

As for Kody running businesses and not being destitute: There’s a lot of hidden poverty among business owners and if Kody truly had that much money, he wouldn’t have had to take on those extra mortgages/helocs on the mansion. Now I’m not saying he’s doing bad, but I do seriously doubt he is wealthy enough to maintain the mansion, the land on CP, provide for 3 kids in college and pay out another 2 exes…. 

I agree with all of this.  IF they move, Sobbyn will bring all 5 kids with them, and will NEVER settle for a modest house.  Kootie would sell his soul to Satan before asking his dear wife to, ya know, be reasonable.  Nope, nothing but the biggest and best for the Dark Queen.

• Like 12
  • LOL 1

Like said above, Kody's business(es) likely don't bring in the big bucks, but possibly enough to support a wife and two kids.

I'm not sure he's honest with his kids, so I wonder what he calls a 'business'. And the gun business has three owners. He also told his kids he got "tons of money selling a big sign", so there's that. 🤣

Its much easier to go from being in debt, to comfortable, to upper middle class like Robyn did, than it is to go the other direction. I'm guessing they'll not only have to downsize, but I think they'll be pretty tight for money.

• Like 7
  • Love 2

They must have had something up their sleeves when forming the new company comprised of Kody, Robyn and her kids initials (I forget the sequence of letters). 

Can't help but wonder what it may be and it obviously excludes his children from the original 3 wives.  That certainly lets those kids know where they stand in his grand scheme of life.

• Sad 10
  • Useful 3
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

The best thing for Robyn's original three kids would be to get away from her and Kody.  I hope they'd take the moving opportunity if there is one, to escape. 

It will be interesting as I believe Dayton is graduating from uni this year. Will he get out on his own? Or will Robyn suddenly agree to move and magickally end up in the same area that Dayton lands his dream job?

• Like 9
  • Wink 2
  • Useful 1

If he’s going broke, Kody better just sit in that closet all day and night and pimp his $99 cameos because if he thinks he’s gonna try and move and interrupt my favorite little chicken tenders-aged Princess Aribella’s senior year of high school which is a mere decade away HE IS SADLY MISTAKEN! HOW DARE KODY TRY AND UPROOT MILLIONS OF PRECIOUS MOMENTS COLLECTIBLES!  HAVEN’T THEY BEEN THROUGH ENOUGH? THEY ALREADY HAVE TO SHARE A ROOM WITH THE SPIRIT BABIES! HOW DARE HE!?!?

• Like 1
  • LOL 19
  • Love 1

That whole naming his company KDABSCAR DARKSCAB wtf ever -  that's just messed up.   How can he even pretend he has not elevated Robyn and her brood above the other wives and children when he's done something like that?

I wanna hear him explain why that is okay.

• Like 12
  • Applause 3
23 hours ago, LilyD said:

and pay out another 2 exes

The little bitch know as Kotex will not pay a dime to his exes unless they take him to court. Seriously, the guy cares only about himself and always has.

• Like 10
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

That whole naming his company KDABSCAR DARKSCAB wtf ever -  that's just messed up.   How can he even pretend he has not elevated Robyn and her brood above the other wives and children when he's done something like that?

I've lost track of years. When was this family alphabet created? Was it before or after Christine left?

• LOL 2
9 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

I've lost track of years. When was this family alphabet created? Was it before or after Christine left?

Probably after Christine left.  I just heard about this a month or so ago and in real time, Christine has been gone from The Little House on the Prairie for a year or more.

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
2 hours ago, Ms.Lulu said:

So after Christine left but before Janelle and Meri left. Just wow.

I hope none of the exes are looking back.

Maybe or maybe not after Janelle left.  My understanding is that the tell all was filmed September 2022 and she said they had been separated for several months. Maybe that was the last straw that caused her to leave.  If it happened after she left, he sure didn’t waste any time - must not be thinking she will return. 

Meri doesn’t factor  in because 1) he’s considered them not married for some time and 2) she owns the B and B on her own  

• Like 12
19 hours ago, Ms.Lulu said:

So after Christine left but before Janelle and Meri left. Just wow.

I hope none of the exes are looking back.

17 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Maybe or maybe not after Janelle left.  My understanding is that the tell all was filmed September 2022 and she said they had been separated for several months. Maybe that was the last straw that caused her to leave.  If it happened after she left, he sure didn’t waste any time - must not be thinking she will return. 

Meri doesn’t factor  in because 1) he’s considered them not married for some time and 2) she owns the B and B on her own  

Meri gave a small hint that their real timeline of "being done" was closer to the anniversary with the rice krispie treats, which was 2020. She said that she asked if Kody wanted to make an official social media announcement and he said no, because he didn't want the public backlash. So she just pretended after that.

I suspect the May 2022 was most likely what we will learn in the next season after Janelle tossed it in.

• Like 8
19 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Maybe or maybe not after Janelle left.  My understanding is that the tell all was filmed September 2022 and she said they had been separated for several months. Maybe that was the last straw that caused her to leave.  

Or he did it in response to her leaving, out of spite.  That sounds about his level.

Everyone failed or abandoned him so why shouldn't he acknowledge the ones who have stood by him, so loyally?  Especially if he can insult everyone else at the same time ...   

• Like 12
  • Love 2

I wonder too why they established the DICKCRAB or whatever the company is called... Some shrewd businessmen use it to disperse money to avoid taxes or keep it out of other greedy (sister wife) hands... No idea how it works, but I know it's done for such reasons. And it wouldn't surprise me if Robyn and Kody owe money to Janelle and Meri and possibly uncle Sam too.

I find this more plausible than a major tv deal for Kody and Robyn's family. Or maybe they have come up with yet another amazing venture like MSWC or the gym that never came to be? 

• Like 6
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 3/11/2023 at 12:16 AM, Celia Rubenstein said:

I'm trying to figure out who the initials belong to. K Kody, D Dayton, A Aurora, B Briana, S Sol, C??, A Ari, R Robyn. So who is C? Is this the brown haired spirit child that Robyn saw?  

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

Did Kody change the LLC because the OG wives each now have separate deals with TLC ? I would think that Christine and Meri would insist on their own contracts to do the show. I’m not sure about Janelle, because she’s only “separated” from Kody and may still have tangled finances with him.

• Like 4
On 3/10/2023 at 4:29 PM, Irate Panda said:

If he’s going broke, Kody better just sit in that closet all day and night and pimp his $99 cameos because if he thinks he’s gonna try and move and interrupt my favorite little chicken tenders-aged Princess Aribella’s senior year of high school which is a mere decade away HE IS SADLY MISTAKEN! HOW DARE KODY TRY AND UPROOT MILLIONS OF PRECIOUS MOMENTS COLLECTIBLES!  HAVEN’T THEY BEEN THROUGH ENOUGH? THEY ALREADY HAVE TO SHARE A ROOM WITH THE SPIRIT BABIES! HOW DARE HE!?!?

D.E.A.D. Died. Gone to heaven. Buh-bye. CYA!😁

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
7 hours ago, Adiba said:

Did Kody change the LLC because the OG wives each now have separate deals with TLC ? I would think that Christine and Meri would insist on their own contracts to do the show. I’m not sure about Janelle, because she’s only “separated” from Kody and may still have tangled finances with him.

I have a feeling it is now going to be split 5 ways.  I don't blame them.  I don't think they were getting an equal share of the TLC money.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
On 3/10/2023 at 5:26 PM, Roslyn said:

It will be interesting as I believe Dayton is graduating from uni this year. Will he get out on his own? Or will Robyn suddenly agree to move and magickally end up in the same area that Dayton lands his dream job?

Yes.  Yes, she will.

I have been half paying attention to all of the tell-alls from Christine's kids, but I believe Paedon said on a podcast that Dayton does indeed want to move out and live on his own.  With a smother like Robyn, I don't blame him.  Even if Dayton went off the grid in an effort to have some independence, I can see Robyn hiring a PI to locate him, and then uprooting her kids once again to move closer to him.

On 3/11/2023 at 12:16 AM, Celia Rubenstein said:

Well, because they are the ONLY family members who followed his protoculls to the letter, and Robyn is the ONLY wife who listens to him, and his kids with Robyn are the ONLY ones who have a relationship with him and talk to him, and everyone else wants to stab him in the kidney or something.

But honestly, forming that company is a mean and hurtful shot to all of his other kids.  Hopefully by now the hurt isn't as bad, since their mothers have all left him and they aren't forced to jump through hoops to get 5 minutes with their dad.  Now they know to expect nothing from him...he can't tease them with a list of rules that they must follow in order to spend a little time in his glorious presence.

I feel like DARKSAD or whatever is something shady and underhanded, though.  Like, is Sol the vice president and Ari the marketing coordinator?  What's Robyn's position, President in Charge of Naps?      

On 3/11/2023 at 2:32 PM, gingerella said:

The little bitch know as Kotex will not pay a dime to his exes unless they take him to court. Seriously, the guy cares only about himself and always has.

Would the wives get anything from him if they took him to court?  Is there anything to get?  I mean, I would love to see it happen but I wonder if they don't because A. - they genuinely want to be free of him once and for all, and B. - suing him could mean a harder life for Sol and Ari and the wives actually do care about them?

• Like 9
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, LilyD said:

I wonder too why they established the DICKCRAB or whatever the company is called... Some shrewd businessmen use it to disperse money to avoid taxes or keep it out of other greedy (sister wife) hands... No idea how it works, but I know it's done for such reasons. And it wouldn't surprise me if Robyn and Kody owe money to Janelle and Meri and possibly uncle Sam too.

I find this more plausible than a major tv deal for Kody and Robyn's family. Or maybe they have come up with yet another amazing venture like MSWC or the gym that never came to be? 

The most plausible reason for the LLC is that their teevee income is set up that they are sub contracted through the business. This is to separate their income into the business and then everything involved with the business becomes an expense of doing business.

It would not surprise me to learn that there are a lot of deductions within their homes are expensed out. Kody once pontificated that their "family" tax return was 50 pages long. The only way that would be so is if the four very separate households were in holding with the collective show income.

• Useful 6
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I feel like DARKSAD or whatever is something shady and underhanded, though.  Like, is Sol the vice president and Ari the marketing coordinator?  What's Robyn's position, President in Charge of Naps? 

Chief Napping Officer for Robyn, maybe?

It's DABSARK (Dayton, Aurora, Breanna, Sol, Ari, Robyn, Kody), which doesn't matter at all, but I have seen some fans refer to it as SADKRAB, which I deeply deeply love.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

I’m kind of curious about what other tidbits Gwen might have to offer up!

I had no idea he was selling guns!

Regarding billboards there’s big money in owning them!  If Kody sold one he would make some good $$$.

Met a guy on a cruise. He owned six and retired early.  Said he didn’t have to work anymore. He was in his 50’s!

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Regarding billboards there’s big money in owning them!  If Kody sold one he would make some good $$$.

Met a guy on a cruise. He owned six and retired early.  Said he didn’t have to work anymore. He was in his 50’s!

I think he sold advertising, for companies that wanted to advertise on billboards owned by someone else.

• Like 10
5 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Kody has been at gun shows for years now.  Back in the day, he worked for an advertising company and sold a sign that got him his little convertible. 

• Like 7