Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler, Speculation and Social Media

• Start Topic

Kody obviously doesn’t have a clue who Janelle is and has been since probably the day he met her.  You don’t  raise six children  who turned out as well as hers who only saw their dad once or twice a week and just for supper unless you are independent.   Kody has never been there for Janelle.  Watching him try to make her become a wife who kisses her headship’s  rear end just proves how much he’s having a mid life meltdown.  Loyalty / ha.

I hope she left him immediately after that supper conversation.  I did notice that she did not cry during this disgusting display of utter stupidity by Kody. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 4
  • Applause 8
  • Love 4
18 minutes ago, Art Of Noiz said:

At the time of Robyn's stepdad's death, her parents owned a house together in a suburb of Las Vegas.

Ok, when I saw that they had the funeral service in Utah, I assumed they lived there.

• Applause 1
4 hours ago, LilyD said:

One thing that really baffled me, was AuROARa’s reaction at the beginning of the clip. Apparently, the kids were under the impression that mom could die. What the heck did they tell those kids? No parent in their right mind tells their kids they’re dying unless they have absolutely no choice! (I mean, even we could tell from a video clip that she was absolutely miserable but nowhere near to dying) Losing a parent is one of the worst traumas a child can face. It’s literally the end of their world, so why put them through such a possibility when it’s not even real (and hopefully never will be)

Sorry for being so fierce about it. We went through this with my husband a year ago (collapsed with multiple embolisms)and there was no way we’d burden our kids with our very real worries at the time. They needed the reassurance and faith that we were doing what was necessary, which helped them to deal with what happened. (And yes, he’s fine now! This just brought back some unpleasant memories)

Robyn dramatizes things to her kids and transfers her anxieties and fears on them, hence Aurora and Breanna both having anxiety attacks. It's Robyn's fault for not getting a handle on her own issues and for not having the common sense to be more thoughtful in how she discusses problems with her children. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 6
  • Love 11

Kidney just doesn't like anyone to go to the hospital and that's the bottom line. Because he equals it to dying.

Agree with everyone who says that Kody doesn't like hospitals because they don't have insurance and he doesn't want to (and probably can't) pay the bills.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, LilyD said:

Sorry for being so fierce about it. We went through this with my husband a year ago (collapsed with multiple embolisms)and there was no way we’d burden our kids with our very real worries at the time. They needed the reassurance and faith that we were doing what was necessary, which helped them to deal with what happened. (And yes, he’s fine now! This just brought back some unpleasant memories)

I'm so glad your husband recovered!

I hate the way Kody and Robyn parent.

Also, I hate the way they...well, do almost everything.

• Like 3
  • Love 7

Has there ever been an episode where they say what Robyn has done to make everyone hate her so much? Or is it just that she's passive and Kody's ass-kissing favorite? Janelle alluded to problems with Robyn, and Christine (sort of) admitted she didn't treat Robyn very well, but I never remember an episode where we were shown what exactly was going on. A few seasons ago, Meri was the problem and appeared to be the only major problem. Robyn was even allowed to sit in when Maddie gave birth to Axel. Either things were going on that they didn't tell us about (likely), or they're rewriting history a bit. 

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Cetacean said:

TLC should be ashamed of themselves.  ETOnline should be ashamed of themselves and their creepy, dramatic musid.  The Browns are contemptible.

Covid was and is a real thing.  It killed a million people.  For this to be used as a plot is reprehensible.

I don't doubt that she was sick but I have little sympathy for those who flat our refused vaccinations and then expect everyone to conjure up sympathy for their situation.  These are the kind of people that show up demanding immediate care when they start to cough  GOMERs.

First of all, if she was in any danger at all, she'd have been on oxygen which she clearly is not.  In my 45 years as a nurse with a decade in ER opinion she's not even on a monitor since the cord running to the equipment appears to be just hanging there. If she were attached to it, it would be stretching to the bed.

She's clearly in the ER, not a room.  Dollars to donuts they sent her home which is what happened to a lot of people. If  you were not deathly ill, you were sent home due to lack of beds and staffing.  They probably monitored her, maybe gave her monoclonal antibodies (which they did back then) and booted her ass out the door.

And, guess what, Kootie - you don't decide who gets admitted.  You cannot present yourself to the ER and demand to be admitted because your Dark Queen is in the building.  Doesn't work that way no matter how self important you think you are.

And, as has been said, you don't involve your kids for the sake of film footage.  They are so full of shit.

I have not watched one second of footage of these fools since season one and I am sorry I watched this. My blood pressure went through the roof.

All. Of. This. My first thought was “Why isn’t Robyn on O2?” Because, drama. I’m so mad about it. They’re sitting there with Kody contemplating abusing the system whilst many people are dying.

I hate those two. I hope they’re left all alone, with Janelle and even Meri leaving so they can’t get any of her income. I hope they wind up broke and renting a shit apartment somewhere, completely forgotten while the others thrive. Even Meri. 

• Like 3
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Kellyee said:

Has there ever been an episode where they say what Robyn has done to make everyone hate her so much? Or is it just that she's passive and Kody's ass-kissing favorite? Janelle alluded to problems with Robyn, and Christine (sort of) admitted she didn't treat Robyn very well, but I never remember an episode where we were shown what exactly was going on. A few seasons ago, Meri was the problem and appeared to be the only major problem. Robyn was even allowed to sit in when Maddie gave birth to Axel. Either things were going on that they didn't tell us about (likely), or they're rewriting history a bit. 

I don't know if anything has been directly addressed, but what I see, which could be wrong is...

I see Robyn as the Meri replacement. Both in status and manipulation. Kody appears to need a home base and confidant wife, which of course exacerbates jealously among the other wives. I also think any new wife brought into the family after ten years would be a target, but Robyn's personality made it worse. Robyn thinks she's the Queen of making peace through communication, yet it seems to me she thinks she should be facilitating all conversations because she is the only one who does it right. Also, Robyn is manipulating Kody much like Meri used to and he thinks she bows to him, when he really is her puppet.

Janelle and Christine have never been the home base wife - ever - and when Robyn came onboard they found out they never would be. IMO, Robyn is part of the problem and so is Kody, but in truth, polygamy is to blame.

TL;DR - Kody's an idiot, Robyn is a manipulative bitch, but polygamy is an even bigger manipulative bitch.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
8 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I don't know if anything has been directly addressed, but what I see, which could be wrong is...

I see Robyn as the Meri replacement. Both in status and manipulation. Kody appears to need a home base and confidant wife, which of course exacerbates jealously among the other wives. I also think any new wife brought into the family after ten years would be a target, but Robyn's personality made it worse. Robyn thinks she's the Queen of making peace through communication, yet it seems to me she thinks she should be facilitating all conversations because she is the only one who does it right. Also, Robyn is manipulating Kody much like Meri used to and he thinks she bows to him, when he really is her puppet.

Janelle and Christine have never been the home base wife - ever - and when Robyn came onboard they found out they never would be. IMO, Robyn is part of the problem and so is Kody, but in truth, polygamy is to blame.

TL;DR - Kody's an idiot, Robyn is a manipulative bitch, but polygamy is an even bigger manipulative bitch.

All of this. Polygamy would only work if people didn’t have emotions.

I agree Robyn replaced Meri as HBIC (and it was Meri’s own doing to try and improve her standing as well as get at the other wives). Part of me loves that it backfired on her, but so many others have suffered under Robyn’s reign. Robyn may as well be Voldemort, forcing the entire family to bend and change under her rule. Dark Queen indeed. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

I think a recent clip of Janelle saying something like, Robyn, the perfect wife, says something. But I believe jealousy was the first contributing factor.

Jealousy, yes. Because Kody clearly defers to her, caters to her and her children and just seems to care about her well-being in a way I’m not sure he’s ever cared about any of his other wives. 

If multiple children and wives are saying it, wouldn’t he have to think that maybe there’s some truth to it? Janelle said he’s never been “invested” in her housing since they moved. Christine said he spend minimal time at her house when she had three children living at home. Both wives said when Kody comes over “he’s here, but he’s not really present.”

Christine had to face facts. Now it’s Janelle’s turn. She doesn’t seem to care about affection, but she does need money/housing and her husband/“best friend” refuses to help her because she is not loyal (i.e. submissive and completely dependent upon him) like his dog of a fourth wife.

Edited by Soup333
  • Love 13
5 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

Christine had to face facts. Now it’s Janelle’s turn. She doesn’t seem to care about affection, but she does need money/housing and her husband/“best friend” refuses to help her because she is not loyal (i.e. submissive and completely dependent upon him) like his dog of a fourth wife.

I haven't watched any of the clips in order to keep my rage fresh for the recap, but Janelle seems to have finally woken the hell up when it became crystal clear that Kody didn't care if she and Savanah became homeless, which boggles the mind when Kody and Robyn could easily take in Janelle and Savanah for a few months.  But if Kody won't even take Truely for a weekend, there's no way he'd take in Janelle, her random kid, and her awful dogs for any length of time.

Robyn has created a true sociopath with Kody.  I hope she understands the ramifications when eventually he ends up with no one to turn his wrath on except her.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 12
12 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

I hope she left him immediately after that supper conversation.  I did notice that she did not cry during this disgusting display of utter stupidity by Kody.

I sure hope she did. However....considering the fact that she's let herself be used as a milk cow for the best part of two decades when the others blew all her equity up to a point where she is now basically homeless without any chance to buy a house, I doubt she will.

For whatever reason, nothing seems to hit home with that woman. No matter how awful it gets. She just keeps going and keeps on having faith in Kody....

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

I don't think Kody prefers the Robyn 5 over the other kids, they just happen to live where he lives now. I don't think he pays them any more attention than he paid to any of his other children when his was rotating houses. He probably sees the older 3 at dinner and ignores Sol and Ari as they play, watch TV, or whatever. Robyn would never allow him to parent on his own, because he sucks at it. I mean, so does she, but she doesn't think so.

When he rotated houses he was probably like the favorite uncle, the kids all ran in for hugs and to tell him exciting kid news, then they all wandered away when his attention waned.

I thought at first Truely must be jealous but it seems obvious now that she didn't give it much thought and maybe because she knows when Kody is around, he's just around and not much else. Who knows, maybe a few of the other kids wished they had a full-time father at one time or another throughout their childhood, but I think they know Kody was never the lets go fishing, let me take you to dance, lets go roast marshmallows in the backyard, type of dad. I'm going to guess he's never even read the kids a book.

I think Kody loves his kids and his kids love him, but I don't think they expected much from him. So I don't think they're envious of the Robyn 5 having him around all the time.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

I don't know what Kody thinks he's doing by alienating Janelle.

He has little interaction with Meri or Christine. He rarely has any with the non Robyn kids.

Nobody likes him, Robyn, or Robyn's kids. If they focus the show on them too much, people will stop watching.

If Kody stops interacting with Janelle, what are they going to film him doing? There's no use for him in the show if he's never around anyone likable.

He's little by little writing himself off of the show.

I actually hope that this is what happens to him and Robyn. I hope that all of a sudden the producers find that they have no footage of them worth including in the show. I hope that they get fazed out because of their own actions.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Libby said:

He has little interaction with Meri or Christine. He rarely has any with the non Robyn kids.

Nobody likes him, Robyn, or Robyn's kids. If they focus the show on them too much, people will stop watching.

If Kody stops interacting with Janelle, what are they going to film him doing? There's no use for him in the show if he's never around anyone likable.

I actually hope that this is what happens to him and Robyn. I hope that all of a sudden the producers find that they have no footage of them worth including in the show. I hope that they get fazed out because of their own actions.

Sister Wives: Life After Polygamy. It will feature Janelle, Christine and their kids. Meri will get two minute THs and Kody and Robyn will get joint one minute ones. And they'll be paid accordingly.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2

@GeeGolly I think you're absolutely right it with your analysis regarding Kody and his kids. Especially the bit where all of the kids probably had low daddy-expectations of Kody to begin with. It may indeed be that he seems close to Robyn's kids because they happen to live where he primarily stays.

I would like to add though, that it is very likely that Dayton, Aurora and Breanna "speak his language": they probably agree with everything he says and don't feel the need to challenge his views. They also seem still very susceptible to whatever their parents teach them and adore Robyn and Kody. Technically they do everything what his own kids refuse to do: Worship him and respect and do everything he says.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, LilyD said:

Technically they do everything what his own kids refuse to do: Worship him and respect and do everything he says.

Not to be weird about it, but this can accurately describe abused children.

• Like 7
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I don't think Kody prefers the Robyn 5 over the other kids, they just happen to live where he lives now. I don't think he pays them any more attention than he paid to any of his other children when his was rotating houses. He probably sees the older 3 at dinner and ignores Sol and Ari as they play, watch TV, or whatever. Robyn would never allow him to parent on his own, because he sucks at it. I mean, so does she, but she doesn't think so.

Hmm, and I kind of think he is all up in their business all the time, lol - well, maybe not to that extent but I can't see Robyn allowing Kody to plop his behind on the couch and scroll on his phone while all five kids are wandering around.  We know from Kody and Robyn that her kids don't really go anywhere, so if they are all stuck under the same roof I'm sure Robyn forces Kody to be the parent to her kids that she knows he wasn't to the others.

Although given his weird interactions with Sol, he might interact with the kids but on his own terms, and the kids - having been brainwashed into thinking that Daddy Kody is the sun, moon and stars, are his helpless audience.  Whatever's going on, I don't think it's healthy for any of the kids in the mansion.

• Like 6
  • Love 3

One of the older kids said Dayton lives mostly in his room in his own world using the excuse of schoolwork.  From his practical view of life I can see Dayton creating his own way of dealing with the whole mess.

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Libby said:

Well it’ll be one more season of another wife leaving, if Janelle has had enough (which I’ll be there for).

I’m on the fence about Meri, surely she will soon accept that Kody is only interested in her money. I think she’s too scared to leave and uses “God told me to stay” as an excuse. Kody is the devil she knows and it seems she prefers that to the unknown. 

Even if Meri stays it’ll be boring. So, bye bye SW and maybe onto a “life after” (as has already been discussed). Kody and Robyn being ignored and having to work full time to maintain their mansion would be awesome. 

• Like 3
  • Love 5
On 10/20/2022 at 3:42 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

Her trailer has built-in fresh water, gray water (showers, sinks), and black water (toilet) holding tanks.  Her gray water tank is 120 gallons, which is quite large.  (More typical in big RVs is something around 75 gallons.)

When they come to dump the black tank, they do the gray tank as well.  However, she has a huge black tank--80 gallons--and the gray tank will fill much much much faster than that black tank, and will be the limiting factor on how long she can go without dumping the tanks.

(Having the gray tank be the limiting factor is the case in 99.99999% of RVs.  However, I don't know anything about this Plexus stuff she sells and fear that its effects on black tank usage might put her in the .00001%.)

Sometimes dumping gray water on the ground is legal, and sometimes (I'd say more typically) it's not.  But in Janelle's case, I linked to a video in an episode thread by a guy who has the same trailer she has, and he pointed out (with outrage) that the plumbing on that trailer is such that you can't dump gray water without it being combined with black water, and it's not going to be legal to dump any black water on any ground anywhere.

I'm with him--that's a super bad idea and would be a dealbreaker for me if I realized it before I put down my money, which probably wouldn't be the case.  If Janelle hadn't gotten this stupid trailer and if I hadn't found this guy's video about, it never in a million years would have occurred to me to ask about that if I were buying a new RV, and I consider myself an educated consumer.

As for water usage, which @Dustbunny asked about, it varies all over the map.  If you're hooked directly up to a water spigot (city water, well water) and have a septic system you can dump your gray tank into any time, there are no restrictions on how much water you can use; there's nothing inherent in an RV that results in lower water usage than the indoor uses in a regular abode.

But that's not what Janelle's doing, so I assume she's trying to conserve.  (However, with a teenage girl good luck with that.)

I  never hook up to a city water tap and instead fill my 100-gallon onboard tank and live on that, so I'm super in tune with how much water we use.  (One time I was in a site that is usually for mobile homes and it had a water meter on it, and I went bananas, measuring how much water I use for a "regular" shower, how much I use for a "conservation mode" shower, and how much I use for an "extreme conservation mode" shower, how much my washing machine uses.  I was in hog heaven.)

Mr. Outlier and I typically go about a week on 100 gallons, and that includes a load of laundry or two.   When we're boondocking and being conscious about water use, we can go two weeks.  We can go even longer when we're in extreme conservation mode.  But no matter what, it's a daily shower for each of us--non-negotiable.

But my non-conservation numbers are affected by the fact that I wouldn't leave the water running while I'm brushing my teeth even if my RV were hooked up to Niagara Falls.  If I turn the shower on full blast, it feels like I'm being beat to death.  And we don't cook all that much, so we don't do a ton of dishes, which is a big water user.

In a screen-shotted post of hers upthread, she mentioned having the tanks emptied once a week, and if that's the case, and she's not dumping any on the ground, I'd wild-ass guess she's using about 150 or so gallons a week, at which point her 120-gallon gray tank would be full and needing to be emptied.

(ETA: Which actually isn't bad for a newbie.  I will (grudgingly) give credit where credit is due.)

(ETA2:  But I still think her choice of which trailer to buy was very wrong for her intended use, whether it's for sitting still or for traveling.)

This is all very interesting.. I am wondering why it is that gray water, with soap in it is sometimes ok to dump, but black water with organic materials is not.  Is it the tp?  I was under the impression that breaks down.  Just curious!

On 10/20/2022 at 4:01 PM, Teafortwo said:

Is that Brian guy the friend of Kody's that got arrested for domestic violence in the past? Or is he the guy who told Kody he should get rid of 3 of his wives, that offended Christine so much she objected to visiting him in one of the trailer-trip episodes?

Maybe they are one and the same person.

I really need to go back and watch the early seasons!  There was some crazy stuff I guess I missed.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I think Kody loves his kids and his kids love him, but I don't think they expected much from him. So I don't think they're envious of the Robyn 5 having him around all the time.

From Christine's latest podcast she says outright "if Kody was an awesome dad, I'd still be there." She said her kids were awkward around Kody and that he didn't really even know them and that they noticed he wasn't there. "and they saw how he was with some others." She said this even started in Vegas.

So, It's interesting because in Vegas, Christine talked on the show about Kody being "Ysabel's rock," so I don't really know what is the correct version of things. I think it's all blurry.

It's likely that the kids probably didnt expect much. I don't think the older kids expect much. Kody just runs around. He's a check in sort of dad.  But as the "family favoritism" started to become more obvious, either through real life experiences, or through watching the show, or through social media channels - the narrative spun so that they finally realized they were second best.

And that's why we see the middle set of kids as being the most vocally anti-Robyn. Garrison, Gabe, Gwendolyn, Ysabel. They were the ones who were more or less abandoned emotionally - and its on the show for them to see.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
47 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

This is all very interesting.. I am wondering why it is that gray water, with soap in it is sometimes ok to dump, but (b)lack water with organic materials is not.  Is it the tp?  I was under the impression that breaks down.  Just curious!

Gray water is any water that is used and goes down a drain. Handwashing and washing dishes etc. While many soaps can be easily broken down in a gray water system and even absorbed safely in the ground, there are substances that can build up and harm soils, fresh water and ground water, phosphates is one that pops in my head.

Black water is from toilets flushing and all that goes with toilets flushing and isn't microbially safe to just dump on the open ground where rain water can take it to water sources to contaminate a LOT of water. Sure, urine and poo is "organic", but it is also full of microbes that can make people very ill and that is why septic systems etc have a lot of rules and regulations.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 5
1 hour ago, Tuxcat said:

And that's why we see the middle set of kids as being the most vocally anti-Robyn. Garrison, Gabe, Gwendolyn, Ysabel. They were the ones who were more or less abandoned emotionally - and its on the show for them to see.

taking my response to the "Kids of Kody" thread.

• Like 1

I've been watching anti-mlm videos by women who used to sell products in mlm on youtube and here are two that feature clips from both Christine and Janelle ....

be warned, in the first one you will hear Christine talking about bloating and "food babies" ... and Janelle admits Maddie wanted a plexus product for her baby, and all of Janelle's kids take it. Truely apparently uses it to help with anxiety at family gatherings.

the second is just Janelle

I don't know how these ladies can respect themselves while doing this. 

• Mind Blown 5
11 hours ago, Kellyee said:

I would guess a lot of smaller things added up to the great resentment.  What they ended up with when Robyn’s family joined up was a blended family which was made more complicated by polygamy.  If I were an “original” wife, I would have turned against her when she did the picture of kody with her kids as though they were their kids together. She seemed to butt in a lot instead of deferring to the originals. 

• Like 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Roslyn said:

Gray water is any water that is used and goes down a drain. Handwashing and washing dishes etc. While many soaps can be easily broken down in a gray water system and even absorbed safely in the ground, there are substances that can build up and harm soils, fresh water and ground water, phosphates is one that pops in my head.

Black water is from toilets flushing and all that goes with toilets flushing and isn't microbially safe to just dump on the open ground where rain water can take it to water sources to contaminate a LOT of water. Sure, urine and poo is "organic", but it is also full of microbes that can make people very ill and that is why septic systems etc have a lot of rules and regulations.

Didn't even think of the microbes!  That makes sense.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ChristmasJones said:

I've been watching anti-mlm videos by women who used to sell products in mlm on youtube and here are two that feature clips from both Christine and Janelle ....

be warned, in the first one you will hear Christine talking about bloating and "food babies" ... and Janelle admits Maddie wanted a plexus product for her baby, and all of Janelle's kids take it. Truely apparently uses it to help with anxiety at family gatherings.

the second is just Janelle

I don't know how these ladies can respect themselves while doing this. 

WTF -  the things Christine and Janelle they are saying are so irresponsible. It's so much worse than I thought!!!!! This company has had so many FTC violations and legal issues, and already warned by the FDA for false labeling even though its not regulated at all. 

People on other social media sites are pushing to get the Christine and Janelle show. I don't know where all those "saint Christine" people come from but they need to see what these two are doing. 

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Like 4
  • Applause 3
1 hour ago, Twopper said:

I would guess a lot of smaller things added up to the great resentment.  What they ended up with when Robyn’s family joined up was a blended family which was made more complicated by polygamy.  If I were an “original” wife, I would have turned against her when she did the picture of kody with her kids as though they were their kids together. She seemed to butt in a lot instead of deferring to the originals. 

It started right off the bat, at least with what we saw, with Stealth Bitch Robin and Kody sneaking around being physical prior to marriage and then the whole debacle about him choosing her wedding dress behind their backs. Then him  choosing to act like a horny teen chasing Robin while Christine was in labor. I don’t know why they all didn’t have a fit and peace out when he divorced Meri to marry Robin. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 3
On 12/2/2022 at 5:12 PM, RazzleberryPie said:

It started right off the bat, at least with what we saw, with Stealth Bitch Robin and Kody sneaking around being physical prior to marriage and then the whole debacle about him choosing her wedding dress behind their backs. Then him  choosing to act like a horny teen chasing Robin while Christine was in labor. I don’t know why they all didn’t have a fit and peace out when he divorced Meri to marry Robin. 

I think the divorce and remarriage had a lot to do with Janelle deciding Robyn couldn’t be trusted, and learning that Robyn was the favorite wife. I still remember the scene where they told Janelle and Christine after the fact. Janelle felt this was a very bad thing to have happen and that it would change the family dynamic. She totally got the fact that the legal wife controlled things.  Plus the fact that she and Christine hadn’t been part of the loop was very telling.

In all honesty, if the legal wife title was going to change from Meri, it should have been offered to Janelle, as second wife. I think she would have refused it and then it should have gone to Christine.  You know, the one who raised 13 kids and had  lived on food stamps. Who had no real social security eligible income for her old age at the time. It should not have gone to recent wife number 4. Meri was insane to have agreed to the divorce.  She should have made Kody try to get the divorce and taken him to the cleaners. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Tuxcat said:

WTF -  the things Christine and Janelle they are saying are so irresponsible. It's so much worse than I thought!!!!! This company has had so many FTC violations and legal issues, and already warned by the FDA for false labeling even though its not regulated at all. 

People on other social media sites are pushing to get the Christine and Janelle show. I don't know where all those "saint Christine" people come from but they need to see what these two are doing. 

Well, I don’t think Christine is on a fast track toward canonization, but I would watch a 2 hour follow up show if Janelle bolts. 
I thought Christine was doing Lularoe, but maybe she quit  I am appalled she is giving it to Truly. Do they get that much free product to give it to all their children?  It is expensive.  At least Meri isn’t doing health drinks as far as I know.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1

I don't think that TLC will start a new show with Janelle, Christine, and their kids. I think that the show will naturally progress that way.

People don't like Kody, Robyn, and Robyn's kids. People will eventually get tired of their whining, pouting, and victimhood. People didn't even like seeing a picture of Robyn holding Mykelti's twins.

Christine and Janelle on the other hand are very well liked. They have twelve children that the public really cares about. Their side of the family offers infinite possibilities for TLC to branch into.

I think that once Kody pushes Janelle out the show will progress away from him and Robyn and follow Janelle, Christine, and their kids.

Meri's already basically out of the show.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
On 12/1/2022 at 7:17 AM, ginger90 said:

That is the STUPIDEST bunch of horseshit I've ever seen!!  Douchie says "People go to the hospital to DIE"... and then says something like "I've got covid too, maybe I could just check myself into the hospital"....  Blahblahblah.  It IS hilarious that even after all those protoculls they used for themselves and everyone ELSE, THEY END UP WITH COVID ANYWAY!!!

It's actually perfect.  The only other thing I noticed is that while Sobbyn is lying in the hospital, no makeup on, those eyebrows of hers look NORMAL!!  Who'd have thunk it?

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

I think the divorce and remarriage had a lot to do with Janelle deciding Robyn couldn’t be trusted, and learning that Robyn was the favorite wife. I still remember the scene where they told Janelle and Christine after the fact. Janelle felt this was a very bad thing to have happen and that it would change the family dynamic. She totally got the fact that the legal wife controlled things.  Plus the fact that she and Christine hadn’t been part of the loop was very telling.

I completely forgot the way the "legal wife exchange" happened, and that only Kody, Meri, and Robyn knew about it. I was pissed at the time that it didn't go to Janelle as second wife, or Christine. Janelle was dead right that leaving them out of the loop would change the family dynamic because man, it certainly did. Janelle and Christine were the ones who had 12 of the 13 children, and here K-M-R treated them as though they weren't worth the time or energy to be told, much less consulted, about a significant change in the life of the family.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 4
  • Love 5
23 minutes ago, altopower said:

I completely forgot the way the "legal wife exchange" happened, and that only Kody, Meri, and Robyn knew about it. I was pissed at the time that it didn't go to Janelle as second wife, or Christine. Janelle was dead right that leaving them out of the loop would change the family dynamic because man, it certainly did. Janelle and Christine were the ones who had 12 of the 13 children, and here K-M-R treated them as though they weren't worth the time or energy to be told, much less consulted, about a significant change in the life of the family.

Yes, and then Meri thought she was going to go to the legal ceremony with K&R, but they snuck off without her. Everyone was involved was being shady to Christine and Janelle— there should have been open and honest communication between all of them, as one family, before any changes were made.

• Like 2
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

This ^^^

Two women who con people into buying poison for themselves and defenseless children and have a dozen illegitmate children between them - nothing to see here folks. 

Let's be real - the show hinges upon the unhinged self-proclaimed prophet and his insanity.  Without his drama, what is there to see?  Christine and Janelly, what, grocery shopping?  Visiting their kids?  Joining more MLM's?  They are just plain boring.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Art Of Noiz said:

This was posted a bit ago on Reddit. 

So I just sort of fast forward listened. She praises Grandpa Allred as the most awesome model of polygamy. He was the prophet after all -  and all his wives loved him. Sure Jan. Anyway, she and Christine share a grandfather but they don't really interact. Her family did interact with Kody and apparently he was a cocky one. lol. That I buy.

Anyway, not too much insight except that people in the AUB have to wear garments and that is why they kept wearing 3/4 and long sleeves in the early seasons. 

But the guest on this show is also 1/2 sister with one of the wives from My Five Wives - which lasted one season (and coincidentally, recently,  built Kody's giant dream "one house"). The were told by TLC that they were too boring and cancelled for not enough "drama." 

Guess Sister Wives has no problem in the drama department. I'm starting to think they keep Meri on the show to just play villain alongside K/R. That way TLC gets a nice two way wife split for maximum fighting/drama. Because she's actually in real life never even there. 

And Christine mentioned that she travelled back to Flagstaff every other week last year specifically to film. Because really, in real life - why would she be still interacting with Kody and the family that much after the "divorce." 

They're selling us drama.

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Like 3
  • Love 4

The prisoner wife exchange left me curious. Was Meri being Meri and conspired to keep it on the downlow because keeping secrets with Kody was a way she wielded power over Janelle and Christine or did Kody and Robyn con Meri into keeping it a secret because they thought Janelle and Christine would wake Meri up and at least slow the process down, if not stop it completely?

Anyway Robyn, the Queen of communication, lost any chance to win friends and influence enemies with that move. Robyn should have insisted on agreeing to divorce Kody after the kids were adopted. As much as they all say the legal wife status doesn't matter, it clearly does.

As far as TLC and their cast of characters, they don't seem to care much what the viewers think. They rebranded 19 Kids and Counting into Jill and Jessa: Counting On when they kicked the son Josh, and the parents Jim Bob and Michelle to the curb after two scandals. Then they quietly dropped the Jill and Jessa from the title and slowly reintegrated Jim Bob and Michelle back onto the show. They smartly stopped short of letting Josh back on and even  filmed around him at weddings and such. They finally cancelled the show after Josh's last known scandal became public.

IMO, if the show goes on it will be with all of them. And as @Tuxcat mentioned, drama is part of TLC's game.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

The prisoner wife exchange left me curious. Was Meri being Meri and conspired to keep it on the downlow because keeping secrets with Kody was a way she wielded power over Janelle and Christine or did Kody and Robyn con Meri into keeping it a secret because they thought Janelle and Christine would wake Meri up and at least slow the process down, if not stop it completely?

Anyway Robyn, the Queen of communication, lost any chance to win friends and influence enemies with that move. Robyn should have insisted on agreeing to divorce Kody after the kids were adopted. As much as they all say the legal wife status doesn't matter, it clearly does.

As far as TLC and their cast of characters, they don't seem to care much what the viewers think. They rebranded 19 Kids and Counting into Jill and Jessa: Counting On when they kicked the son Josh, and the parents Jim Bob and Michelle to the curb after two scandals. Then they quietly dropped the Jill and Jessa from the title and slowly reintegrated Jim Bob and Michelle back onto the show. They smartly stopped short of letting Josh back on and even  filmed around him at weddings and such. They finally cancelled the show after Josh's last known scandal became public.

IMO, if the show goes on it will be with all of them. And as @Tuxcat mentioned, drama is part of TLC's game.

I think both in the communication situation. Robyn sounds uneducated and flighty but she is a stealth bitch master manipulator. I think she wanted to be legal wife. She sobbed and acted terrified to convince Kody, bc their people love a persecution opportunity and he enjoys being the knight who saved her from her own debt and other woes. 
The key to convincing Meri to give up the throne, which was a major move, was to let her in on the conspiracy and convince her she was saving the family from persecution and also pleasing Kody. 
Remember they were still with their church then and a husband has to call his wives into the highest level of heaven or they live on lower levels inferior to those without priesthood husbands or are servants if they don’t have a husband to call them in. Rabbit  hole yes, but also explains why Meri won’t leave without another man lined up, despite that being adultery, and why Robyn made that insane statement about Christine not being divorced until she had sex with another man. Anyway…..

Not sure why Kody and Meri couldn’t adopt the kids and stay married with Robyn still side chick, except she wanted to usurp the Queen Bee and Kody wanted her to do so as well. 
How I got sucked back into the show after not watching since the Wet Bar Drama in Vegas, I do not know, but here we are. Sigh. 

• Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3