Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler, Speculation and Social Media

• Start Topic

Robyn keeps saying over and over again that Sol and Ari can't be away from Kody for two weeks. She has older children who committed to staying home and a nanny. It's been a long time since I've had young children but two weeks doesn't seem like a big dill?

• Love 23
On 1/10/2022 at 12:36 AM, winsomeone said:

When ever Robyn is talking, her eyes dart all over the place..she can not make eye contact with anyone it looks like?

Lol. And the pauses in between while deep in thought while she shares her words of wisdom..and the pinching of the bridge on her nose.. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Robyn keeps saying over and over again that Sol and Ari can't be away from Kody for two weeks. She has older children who committed to staying home and a nanny. It's been a long time since I've had young children but two weeks doesn't seem like a big dill?

Oh, it’s likely not. Robyn is simply trying to monopolize Kody’s time while making it seem like there are other “circumstances” as to why he needs to be there more, so it’s not *her* fault. 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Clip:

I hate that Kody is putting all the blame on others— Christine and Janelle, namely. Gabriel doesn’t even live with Christine, she’s not his mother, so why bring her name up? Kody can not and will not compromise— his way or the highway. What a horrible man.

Poor Gabe, reduced to tears by his father on national television. No matter how angry and rebellious Gabe seems, he still wants a relationship with his father. He only has one dad. His dad, however, has many other kids to bestow a relationship upon.

Wow.  Kody should be forced to count his I, my, and me statements.  He's such a jerk.  Gabe was right for why it was put to him as a choice.  Reasonable discussion might have resulted in a workable compromise.  

• Love 24
14 hours ago, notnowimbusy said:

Meri has her B&B, and is making money selling her junk clothes.   Christine made a profit selling her place (thankfully it was only her name on the deed).  It's Janelle who is stuck.  Doesn't own a home, only has her RV.

On top of that, she generously shared her inheritance so that they could buy the Lehi house  and she also spent her pension funds to keep the family going. All she had, went to the fambly. It's either gone (spent on unnecessary luxuries such was way too expensive rentals or failed investments) or through the Lehi house into the 4 LV houses into Robyn's mansion. If she's lucky, she has some money in Coyote Pass but I think Robyn also owns most of it.

• Love 10

Kody could be involved and safe at the same time.

I think he just didn't want to do the work. He didn't want to think of things they could do. He didn't want to organize anything. Anything more than showing up and being served is too much for him.

He just didn't really want it badly enough. That sucks for his kids.

• Love 22
11 hours ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

It’s like when Kootie tells Meri, if we wanted to be intimate, we would be (paraphrasing).  If Kootie wanted to have a good relationship with his boys/girls, he would have.  It’s really that simple.  If Kootie wanted to go to Janelle or Christine’s house he would.  If he wanted to be a true husband to them, he would.  There is nothing complicated here.  Not really anything to figure out.  He has made it clear to Meri many times.  He does what he wants.  Whether it’s easy or difficult, if he wants it, he finds a way to make it happen.  If this simple logic was applied to all the wives and children, everyone would know exactly where they stood with Kootie.  They may not like it.  It may hurt some feelings.  But for God sake, just rip the bandaid off already and move on.  Not you Christine 👍.  You hear me gurl 👌🖕💪👏🏻

This^ 100%. Kody does not do anything that he does not want to do, and comes up with reasons why it’s everyone else’s fault. He wants his family to obey and follow without questions. 
On the other hand, if Kody wants to do something— like move the whole family to Flagstaff for no pressing reason— he comes up with a white board and a “sales” presentation to convince the family to do so.

The weather in Flagstaff must have been conducive to outdoor gatherings during the summer months— they were filming, after all. Why couldn’t Kody maintain relationships with his kids doing fun things outdoors— picnics, fire pit chats, outdoor restaurants, etc.? They ‘re his kids, after all, not distant relatives or random friends and acquaintances that he could cut off socially for months or years.

Edited by Adiba
  • Love 19
11 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

I need to write in an ask some questions because this storyline is making less and less sense.

I absolutely believe that Gabe and Garrison were less than careful. So I don't blame Kody for his concern (though his rules dictatorship is shameful). But why in the world does that stop them from connecting on other levels? For many 19 year olds, they go off to college and don't really need to connect by having their father spend the night once a week. So adults typically  change the way they connect. Go fishing, canoeing, hiking, more "tree peeling," take the girlfriend out to dinner in an outside restaurant, text, call, FaceTime. It makes zero sense to me that this obvious answer is never addressed on this show. Gabe doesn't need his father to spend the night and stare at his phone. Gabe needs his father to just be involved and say hey, when can I meet your girlfriend.  Kody could be involved and safe at the same time. 

Yes- I find myself more and more confused by the storyline and more and more convinced that a lot of this Brown Fambly Covid Protocol Conflict is being amplified and doctored by TLC producers. I think they're taking the old adage "Never let a good crisis go to waste" to the bank and milking this for all it's worth. Not that I think the basic conflict is all made up- the Brown fambly unit (aka supreme leader Kody) has never been able to make concise, rational, efficient decisions that benefit the whole team, so why would that be any different during a pandemic. It's all a lil' confusing.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

I think he just didn't want to do the work. He didn't want to think of things they could do. He didn't want to organize anything. Anything more than showing up and being served is too much for him.

He just didn't really want it badly enough. That sucks for his kids.

THIS, sadly. 

• Love 10
On 1/14/2022 at 5:37 PM, lamadeleine said:

Yes- I find myself more and more confused by the storyline and more and more convinced that a lot of this Brown Fambly Covid Protocol Conflict is being amplified and doctored by TLC producers. I think they're taking the old adage "Never let a good crisis go to waste" to the bank and milking this for all it's worth. Not that I think the basic conflict is all made up- the Brown fambly unit (aka supreme leader Kody) has never been able to make concise, rational, efficient decisions that benefit the whole team, so why would that be any different during a pandemic. It's all a lil' confusing.

I’m sure they’re milking aspects and exaggerate certain situations.I think you can compare this to fleeing Utah: TLC made it look as if a SWAT team was on the way to drag Kody out and then as if they were racing to the border staying ahead of a massive police force….  They weren’t armed robbers!

I think Kody and Robyn  make up ridiculous rules and use it for their own good. TLC probably cuts up the film and edits the juicy bits back together to make it look even worse. But I do believe that all the raw emotions we see are real. E.g. Janelle; has anyone ever caught her loosing control and tell the others to f-off?

• Love 11

OK, according to the thread for the next episode,  it is entitled "The Teflon Queen!"  I wonder how Robyn feels about that because it appears to me to be a slam at her. I agree that it is an apt description,  but I would be insulted in Robyn's shoes. It seems as if TLC isn't sugarcoating the truth or pulling any punches regarding Robyn or Kody at this point. 

• Love 10

Is it possible that Kody & Robyn that if Janelle & Christine choose to be out of the picture, the ONLY option to have any hope to keep this show/paycheck afloat is to allow Meri back in the circle?   She is by far the least threatening to the Robyn/Kody relationship, has no children to upset the delicate balance, etc.   Robyn didn't look thrilled to have Meri back, but realistic enough to showcase the family - and for viewers to see if everyone follows their rules, they too could return.   No intention of doing this on a regular basis, but just enough to entice TLC to keep this trainwreck moving.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Liddy52 said:

It seems as if TLC isn't sugarcoating the truth or pulling any punches regarding Robyn or Kody at this point. 

47 minutes ago, notnowimbusy said:

Robyn didn't look thrilled to have Meri back, but realistic enough to showcase the family - and for viewers to see if everyone follows their rules, they too could return.   No intention of doing this on a regular basis, but just enough to entice TLC to keep this trainwreck moving.

We heard the rumors about Christine and Truely coming from Utah to film and being sent back because of a positive test. So, we’re definitely going to have a new season. I’m guessing it’s going to be the last season (or just maybe one more, but that’s going to be it)

I also think TLC is throwing Kody and Robyn under the bus to draw more viewers in. They must have realised the viewers have become so fed up with those two that they are happily offering them up to us to eat them alive! 

• Useful 2
  • Love 14
34 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

How many years has it supposedly been the last season?

🤷🏼‍♀️

You’re absolutely right with your comment. However, previous predictions were based on the empty storylines. The episodes were so boring! Yet now, we have Christine leaving and Kody himself pulling the plug on his and Meri’s marriage. He also spends all his time with Robyn. The show is about polygamy which obviously no longer exists.

• Love 11

Someway or another they seem to pull the rabbit out of the hat every season!

So much drama and so few players. 

Remember back when they were gathering the whole family back for filming. That had to be a nightmare. 

Now just the principals and a kid thrown in here and there!

I bet they all got raises. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

How many years has it supposedly been the last season?

Bingo.

Doesn't really matter how much they are NOT living polygamy...I bet it's a financial decision only. If TLC can sell episodes of none of these people speaking to each other or spending any time at all together, they will.

As long as people watch, and it turns a buck, I think it'll keep going. 

Even if it's 5 old people in 2050 in separate nursing homes who haven't seen each other in years!

• LOL 14
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Clip:

Janelle’s mother passed away December 7th, 2020.

One of the commenters offered their "condolences to Janelle and her kids for the loss of Sheryl and for having Kody as a husband and father".

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
55 minutes ago, deirdra said:

One of the commenters offered their "condolences to Janelle and her kids for the loss of Sheryl and for having Kody as a husband and father".

I'm ALL IN for snark when appropriate, but that's a little beyond the pale to cloud condolences with a dig at her choice of husband and father for her kids.

Edit to add:  I realize the comment was from someone out there, not anyone here.  I don't think any of the commenters here would be that mean spirited to take a jab at someone when they are their lowest. 

Edited by Sandy W
Clarification
  • Love 13
5 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

Doesn't really matter how much they are NOT living polygamy...I bet it's a financial decision only.

I wish there was a tell all and I wish they'd call them all out on this question. They used to claim that they did this show as a "mission." The mission was to demonstrate that polygamy could be functional, normal and even prosperous. They said that no matter the hard times, they will continue to do the show as long as the mission is in their hearts.

They can't possibly have this mission in mind now. Kody is done with polygamy. Christine is done. Janelle - eh. Meri doesn't have a marriage at all. Really the only one left who says that polygamy is a good thing is Robyn. And we all know she's lying.

• Useful 3
  • Love 14

I'm not so sure TLC will keep the gravy train going too much longer. They pushed the envelope with Kate...first it was "John & Kate +8", then it was "Kate +8", then it was (something like) "Kate goes on a date" until it finally ended.

As someone else suggested, maybe one more season to show how Janelle finally decides to give up and hitches her RV up to a station wagon while singing "Happy Trails"....

• LOL 2
  • Love 10

Oh no, boys!  You and Gabe had it right the first time!  IT IS ROBYN!  ROBYN, ROBYN, ROBYN!  And Kootie, you're wrong!  

I have developed some serious respect for Gabe.  What a tough young man to go through that psychological BS from Kootie, especially on camera.  Janelle has some fantastic kids.  Kootie, you're an azz!

Edited by Rabbit Hutch
Added a sentence.
  • Love 22
4 hours ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

Oh no, boys!  You and Gabe had it right the first time!  IT IS ROBYN!  ROBYN, ROBYN, ROBYN!  And Kootie, you're wrong!  

I have developed some serious respect for Gabe.  What a tough young man to go through that psychological BS from Kootie, especially on camera.  Janelle has some fantastic kids.  Kootie, you're an azz!

That was hard to watch for sure. I felt like Kody was completely gaslighting Gabe and Garrison, and Gabe especially seems like a sensitive young man who has been through so much. He desperately wants a relationship with his dad, so he's willing to believe what Kody tells him. My heart hurts for him. 

• Love 19

Gabe is like one of those abused young children who still seeks love and acceptance from the person who abuses them. It's tragic. Cut your losses Gabe. Get your tips on being a man from Logan, Mitch, Tony or Hunter, because Kody is a sad excuse of a man.

• Love 22
2 hours ago, Kid said:

To sum up Kody’s entire diatribe with Gabe:  “me, mine, I , my, disrespect, hurt, me, mine, my, I, disrespectful, hurtful, me, mine, I, my” ad nauseam.

I felt embarrassed for Kootie.  Everyone was to blame but him.  His son had a more maturr outlook than he ever will.

• Love 15
On 1/13/2022 at 4:17 PM, ginger90 said:

Clip:

All I heard was me me me me mine me my me my mine. Meanwhile all the kids are suppose to isolate, not work, not have girlfriends, for a dude that they hardly see. The kids also need a support system,  their older siblings are moving away, going to college, etc. And yes they should be careful, but each have their own support system of other people besides the family that supports them.

Douchecanoe isn't understanding of anything besides his own wants and needs.

• Love 12