Type keyword(s) to search

S28:E06: Week 6

• Start Topic

(edited)

According to the EW recapper, the singer was Feist.   

Also, the recapper can’t stand Lea, twice telling her to “suck it” when something nice happened with Maria and says we can all celebrate Lea’s departure.  

Edited by DEL901
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, DEL901 said:

She is from Kleinburg is about 35 miles from Toronto and 350 miles to Montreal.  But like all Canadians, she’s probably taken some French in school and like many, visited Montreal.  

Unless you’re from Nova Scotia where the English kicked out the French speaking Acadians who refused to sign something saying they would die for King George (sl exaggeration) and removed French as the main language from the schools. 

Some small towns around Montreal are 100% French, very few English speakers.  I’m not sure how many are still around.  

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

Joey is 26, right?

I believe he's 28 and Lexi is 30. Kelsey T is the oldest at 31, and Maria is 29.

1 hour ago, Diana Berry said:

Speaking of which a very nice bachelor from joeys season with charity has been liking her posts on IG. Just sayin. 

Do tell.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, dizzyd said:

Holy crap! Everyone’s heads are going to explode whemn Maria comes back with her Pretty Woman shopping spree. I love how unique she is for this show, her energy is infectious. I’d love her to be the next bachelorette. 

She is a natural beauty and has an outgoing personality.   I think Daisy is boring white bread.  I can’t imagine he picks her but who knows. 

• Like 4

Lexi talks about not wanting a long engagement. It's pretty usual to DATE for 1 to 2 years before getting engaged.  But this is the Bachelor,  where the couple STARTS with an engagement. It wouldn't make sense to jump into marriage and kids so quickly after he's been dating others. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
56 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Lexi talks about not wanting a long engagement. It's pretty usual to DATE for 1 to 2 years before getting engaged.  But this is the Bachelor,  where the couple STARTS with an engagement. It wouldn't make sense to jump into marriage and kids so quickly after he's been dating others. 

I think she probably made a mistake coming on the show given her legitimate concerns about having kids.  But I think she was right to leave when she realized the different schedules.

Does anyone know why Kaitlyn had to walk down the street by herself when Lea got to hop into a limo 🤔

• Like 5
5 hours ago, call me ishmael said:

Does anyone know why Kaitlyn had to walk down the street by herself when Lea got to hop into a limo 🤔

Is that the other girl’s name? Obviously the producers also weren’t aware of her existence and forgot to set up car service for her. Even she said she never had a chance to get to show Joey who she is. Really?!?! How?!? That’s a long time to skate by in the background.

• LOL 6
9 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

I believe he's 28 and Lexi is 30. Kelsey T is the oldest at 31, and Maria is 29.

Do tell.

He was on this past season of BIP. Didn’t leave with anyone.  His name starts with a T. I may be reading more into  it but he’s definitely been liking her posts.  Hopeless romantic that I am, they would make a gorgeous couple. 

• Thanks 2

Joeys just really hot. I never felt anything from any of the bachelors but phew this guys doing it for me . 

Even though I think he’s amazing, I get the feeling he’s gonna get engaged at the end of this but that it won’t last. I can see him being pursued by a celebrity of sorts ( like a Wells, Sarah hyland situation.) I just think between being so good looking and having a great personality, he’s gonna have his choice of a lot of people after the show is done. It was refreshing that the lead spoke about a timeline and was honest that he didn’t want to get married and have a family for years, but it sucks for all the girls who are already 30. It would work for girls like daisy and Kelsey who are only 25 and likely wouldn’t care about that timeline. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
1 hour ago, Diana Berry said:

He was on this past season of BIP. Didn’t leave with anyone.  His name starts with a T. I may be reading more into  it but he’s definitely been liking her posts.  Hopeless romantic that I am, they would make a gorgeous couple.

Oh, he definitely was a hot commodity on BIP last season. I fear he's not going to want to settle down so quickly, as I got the feeling he's enjoying his newfound 15 minutes of fame. 

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Jax7917 said:

Joeys just really hot. I never felt anything from any of the bachelors but phew this guys doing it for me . 

Even though I think he’s amazing, I get the feeling he’s gonna get engaged at the end of this but that it won’t last. I can see him being pursued by a celebrity of sorts ( like a Wells, Sarah hyland situation.) I just think between being so good looking and having a great personality, he’s gonna have his choice of a lot of people after the show is done. It was refreshing that the lead spoke about a timeline and was honest that he didn’t want to get married and have a family for years, but it sucks for all the girls who are already 30. It would work for girls like daisy and Kelsey who are only 25 and likely wouldn’t care about that timeline. 

He is good looking, but his kindness is really hot.  He listens. He actually asks follow-up questions.  On the Bachelorette, the worst someone (his uncle) said about him was that he tries hard to make people happy.  So he needs someone who isn’t selfish and will remind him that his needs count too.  

• Like 9
  • Applause 3
1 hour ago, ECM1231 said:

Oh, he definitely was a hot commodity on BIP last season. I fear he's not going to want to settle down so quickly, as I got the feeling he's enjoying his newfound 15 minutes of fame. 

I actually think tanner and Lexi look somewhat alike . Something about the facial structure. 

• Like 1
(edited)

Joey out here cleaning house tonight, I love to see it! two mean girls gone one after the next! Goodbye Lea, I wont miss your smug smirks at all. I do almost wish Jess could have stuck around to see Maria get the princess date, he head might have actually exploded. I'm worried that the producers will try to rile up trouble with someone else and create a new villain now that the mean girls are all gone, I am really excited about going forward with minimal pointless drama. 

I continue to really like Joey, he's very sweet and actually seems sincere. like others have said, you can tell he is really listening to the women when he talks to them and actually seems to want to have a conversation with them, he reacts in ways that don't seem as scripted as previous bachelors/ettes. He and Maria really have strong chemistry, they were both beaming throughout their date, and probably not just because Maria got to go on the annual shopping spree! 

I feel for Lexi, she feels like its now or never for getting pregnant but its just not the right time for Joey, which is extremely fair considering this is hardly a normal way to "date", I think they both handled that with a shocking amount of maturity. This is why people have to have real conversations about things like kids, engagement length, religion, etc instead of just light flirty talk and sob stories, know what your getting into before that last rose is nearby. 

Did Kelsey;s dad want her to be a nun or something? The way she kept saying "do a religion" and not wanting her to go to college makes it sound like something bigger than differences in religion. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Like 7

I think I'm one of the few not seeing it between Joey and Maria.  He looks like he's amused by her, but I get the impression she's amusing in a 'right now' sense, not a long-term sense.  

• Like 5

It's been driving me crazy, trying to figure out who Maria reminds me of. Then it dawned on me: a young Heidi Fleiss. I don't intend that remark to be an insult, but she really does look very much like her. Maybe that's why Joey can't control his hands. Just kidding. Joey is probably too young to know who Heidi was.

• Like 7

I think he likes that Maria doesn’t have the air of desperation some have.  Even when she was on the 1-1 date, while Sydney went all in, she talked about wanting to get there but needing more t8me.  And we know who he kept.  

• Like 5
6 hours ago, Jaundiced Eye said:

It's been driving me crazy, trying to figure out who Maria reminds me of. Then it dawned on me: a young Heidi Fleiss.

OMG yes!  To me, it's a bit Neve Campbell.

If Heidi Fleiss and Neve Campbell had a baby:

Heidi.jpeg.406d98f1bdeb482d272bcf26a7a896e5.jpegNeve.jpeg.b541d5333954eaf1c0f73ff1d351976f.jpeg

Mariaa.jpeg.821eed0f369fccdecf9fba18814280b6.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

I was feeling over these shows and wasn't going to watch this season. I'm not sure what made me change my mind, but I ended up binge watching and catching up to this week.

Joey is an amazing bachelor.  I've watched all but the first seasons of Bachelor and Bachelorette, and the bachelors have all driven me crazy with their inability to see through mean girl drama and manipulation.  Joey has done both, and he has great taste and true emotional intelligence.  How refreshing to not be yelling at the TV because a dumb bachelor is falling for hijinks!

The show also seems to be much better edited than in Fleiss days.  The dates are more interesting and the show seems to move along much faster.  When Joey and Jess were rolling around in paint, it was just a brief part of the show.  Fleiss would draw out all the boring junk like eating off each other and activities where contestants were beating each other up.  All in all, I'm glad to be watching and I hope the improvements continue!

• Like 13
  • Applause 2

My only complaint about this episode is that I wish they could've found a way to edit together the Lea/Jess nonsense from last week into this episode with their departures, it would have been much more satisfying to see them booted after all that drama they brought on themselves. 

Jess' boot was particularly embarrassing and would have been a perfect bookend to her meltdown over Maria "stealing" her time. If she and Sydney are watching this, the world of difference between Maria's time with Joey and theirs SHOULD tell the tale of why her and not them, but I suspect they will not see it.

I can definitely see Jess and Lea turning up in BiP and perhaps Sydney would as well, but I would expect her to come up empty-handed with that sour, humorless personality.

Daisy, Maria, and maybe Jenn seem to be the frontrunners at this point, but I expect Jenn to fall short of the final 2, I don't know why. She would make a good bachelorette, the men would be lining up for her, I think. 

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, Recyclorette said:

The show also seems to be much better edited than in Fleiss days.  The dates are more interesting and the show seems to move along much faster.  When Joey and Jess were rolling around in paint, it was just a brief part of the show.  Fleiss would draw out all the boring junk like eating off each other and activities where contestants were beating each other up.  All in all, I'm glad to be watching and I hope the improvements continue!

I just wish they'd finally kill the dinner dates.  They don't eat the food anyway, it's just table conversation.  I'm sure they could have equally "stimulating" conversation (about what their lives would look like) in just about any setting.  And I'm not missing all the hot tub dates either.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2

I'm sad to see Lexi go, I liked her. But the timeline does have some flags on if he really expects this to work.

Happy to see the mean girls go. 

• Like 7
(edited)

Maria definitely got a little drunk on their date, but she’s still funny and refreshing. Agreed with others in that he seems to have fun with her and finds her sexy but doesn’t see it as a long term thing.

Sad to see Lexi go, she seemed very mature and well spoken. And she used remiss! You never hear words like that on this show.

I can’t believe we’re on week 6 and Joey is still as charming as ever. I feel like around this time the previous Bachelors lose their luster and we simultaneously start to hate them. Joey is super sweet though, and I’m really liking him as a Bachelor.

Edited by Ivana Tinkle
  • Like 14

Was Jen on her period when she picked fries, chocolate sauce, pineapple chunks and sriracha sauce for her poutine?! 😱🥴😅 Such a terrible combo and Joey ate a bite and had to turn away and dry heave! He's such a good sport 😉

• LOL 2

I didn't watch the Bachelorette when Joey was on with Charity? Chastity? Whatever. What was his story line on that show? I take it he made it a long way - as far as home town dates? Fantasy suite? Was he as sweet on that show as he is on his own? His smile just makes me melt. Why was he not chosen in the end? I'm glad he wasn't so he could be the Bachelor this time around. I'm really enjoying the show.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, shok said:

I didn't watch the Bachelorette when Joey was on with Charity? Chastity? Whatever. What was his story line on that show? I take it he made it a long way - as far as home town dates? Fantasy suite? Was he as sweet on that show as he is on his own? His smile just makes me melt. Why was he not chosen in the end? I'm glad he wasn't so he could be the Bachelor this time around. I'm really enjoying the show.

He was F2 and was ready to propose.  And, yes, he was just as sweet.  She really liked him, but there was no real heat like there was with her F1.   

• Like 5

Finally caught up.  Surprised about Lexi -- I think there was a timeline where they both could get what they want. As others have said, things like surrogacy and adoption can take a long time, so they can start the process and still have a long time to themselves.  But that's not a TV conversation.

Wasn't expecting to see Kelsey A all wrapped up in doubt. I might be confusing my own personal list with Joey's but she's been in the top tier the whole time.  I don't know much about her past and things have to look differently from inside.

Why did Maria and Lea hug at the end of that rose ceremony?  Was the whole thing fake, or did no one tell Maria that she was in a bitter war with Lea? I read that Maria came after Lea on the socials last week, so maybe she was just cluing in when we did?  Very weird.

It all makes me excited to have Survivor back next week.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
On 2/20/2024 at 12:55 PM, tennisgurl said:

I feel for Lexi, she feels like its now or never for getting pregnant but its just not the right time for Joey, which is extremely fair considering this is hardly a normal way to "date", I think they both handled that with a shocking amount of maturity. This is why people have to have real conversations about things like kids, engagement length, religion, etc instead of just light flirty talk and sob stories, know what your getting into before that last rose is nearby. 

I really liked Lexi and I'm sad to see her go, but I appreciated her so much for realizing she needed to have that conversation with Joey. This is the kind of stuff these people need to be discussing and I can't remember if I've ever seen that conversation on the show in such a serious way. I liked that she knew Joey's desire to put off children for a while was as valid as her reasons for not wanting to wait that long and that they both realized it didn't make either of them wrong, it just made them incompatible. It was such a mature conversation on both their parts and really made me hope for both of them to find the right person. They both really deserve it.

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, phlebas said:

Finally caught up.  Surprised about Lexi -- I think there was a timeline where they both could get what they want. As others have said, things like surrogacy and adoption can take a long time, so they can start the process and still have a long time to themselves.  But that's not a TV conversation.

Wasn't expecting to see Kelsey A all wrapped up in doubt. I might be confusing my own personal list with Joey's but she's been in the top tier the whole time.  I don't know much about her past and things have to look differently from inside.

Why did Maria and Lea hug at the end of that rose ceremony?  Was the whole thing fake, or did no one tell Maria that she was in a bitter war with Lea? I read that Maria came after Lea on the socials last week, so maybe she was just cluing in when we did?  Very weird.

It all makes me excited to have Survivor back next week.

I tend to think Lexi realizes she can do better than a younger, unemployed tennis instructor. In 28 seasons, why have we never seen a contestant say, eh, I’m not feeling it with this guy and reject the rose?! The show just doesn’t “allow” the lead to be rejected, but surely there had to have been many contestants who just aren’t into the lead. What they tend to do instead is convince the contestant to approach the lead before the rose ceremony with some made-up excuse for why they can’t continue on, whether it’s some emergency/obligation at home or an “it’s not you, it’s me” excuse. In the Bachelorette, the guys aren’t always as diplomatic with their pre-rose-ceremony break-ups, or occasionally they’ll have another contestant clue the lead in so she can go break up with him for Being There for the Wrong Reasons. But the women usually bow out gracefully… aside from that one lady earlier this season who smashed a cake on her way out the door… But, still, they had her explain to Joey why she was leaving because of “the process” or whatever, not him. Lexi probably saw she wasn’t likely to get Bachelorette and if she wasn’t feeling Joey, bail out now before it’s too close to the end and you end up a villain for breaking his heart.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
18 hours ago, JenE4 said:

I tend to think Lexi realizes she can do better than a younger, unemployed tennis instructor.

Yeah, you're obviously right.  If they had really been feeling it, then maybe they could have had the more serious talk.  Stuck it out to fantasy suites and she could have laid it all on the table.  But ultimately, they weren't each other's "person."

In the moment watching it, though -- my first surprise exit on this show since Elyse noped out on Colton.

• Like 5

Did Maria not get like $10,000 worth of clothes? Why didn't we get to see the parade of clothes and the girls pretending to be happy for her while they are seething with jealousy? It is always one of the best moments every season.

I don't want Maria bullied and I was glad that Sidney and Lea went home, but Maria has an off-putting look-at-me personality and doesn't have good make-female-friends skills.  I don't think she should have been bullied but I can see why she was singled out. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 2

I have been watching the bachelor series in all it's forms for years and just once, I would love to see a couple sit down to a romantic dinner for two and actually eat it!  Like, "Oh my gosh! This looks delicious!  I'm starving! Let's eat!" Just once. 🙄

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
7 hours ago, Fajita said:

I have been watching the bachelor series in all it's forms for years and just once, I would love to see a couple sit down to a romantic dinner for two and actually eat it!  Like, "Oh my gosh! This looks delicious!  I'm starving! Let's eat!" Just once. 🙄

If you go back far enough, you'll see that all of them used to eat (or at least pick at) their food. The not eating is a relatively new feature. I remember Jillian in particular really getting after it. She used to wolf down her food. :D

• Love 1
(edited)
On 2/19/2024 at 10:01 PM, ECM1231 said:

Do tell.

The age difference between them is only a few years, but they are far apart on their timeline. As soon as Joey told Lexi he wanted a long engagement, I knew they were done. Also he hugged her but didn’t kiss her, and he’s been kissing everyone. Interesting how they spun it that Lexi broke up with him, if you can even use that term on a show like this. Editing fairies. I think it was more Joey just wasn’t that into her. 

I like Joey with Kelsey A. and Maria. Daisy is a little dull to me,  although he seems to really like her. 

So glad he got rid of Jess and the horrible Lea. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 2
On 2/19/2024 at 6:27 PM, WatcherUp2 said:

Did anyone catch the singer's name? For once, it was someone I really liked.

Not sure if anyone has answered you yet (haven't read the whole thread) but it was Feist. I know exactly one song of hers from about 10-15 years ago and I've never heard anything else by her since, but I recognized her name immediately.

• Like 2

I like Joey and I find he's pretty emotionally intelligent for a Bachelor.

Jen got some extra points from me for appreciating Joey's bunions. My husband says mine are elegant, lol.

I don't totally trust Kelsey from the 1 on 1 date. She's an actress (which shouldn't be held against her) but her story about not getting along with her dad because he wanted her to not go to college and join his religion was sort of the low key back story that a girl needs to stand out and "go deeper" but her story lacked substance and didn't totally make sense to me. Some of these girls might be in it for the travel. 

I love Montreal even though I've only been there once for a work trip in February. It was great to see not covered in snow.

• Like 2
On 2/19/2024 at 8:06 PM, DEL901 said:

She is from Kleinburg is about 35 miles from Toronto and 350 miles to Montreal.  But like all Canadians, she’s probably taken some French in school and like many, visited Montreal.  

For anyone who knows French...when Maria was speaking about Joey, and saying something that she would say to him in French, she used "vous" rather than "tu", which makes absolutely no sense since "vous" is the formal word for 'you' and "tu" is the familiar word. For someone you are dating, you would absolutely use "tu"!

• Like 1