Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E08: Guilt Trip

• Start Topic

"...what bothers me about Teresa constantly bringing them up and featuring Gia's pain on TV is that she is not doing it to say how terrible she feels for bringing all of this stress and uncertainty into their daughters' lives, she is doing it as a reason why she and Joe should not be punished for their crimes."

Joe & Theresa are fortunate that Gia is able to either 1) freely show emotion or 2) cry on cue without being pinched first. Were Gia much younger, these heart-to-heart on filmed conversations with Theresa would look even more contrived ("I wish I could take on all of your pain", etc.). Were Gia much older, the audience wouldn't have as much sympathy. Talk about planned parenthood, I think they had four kids for the media angle should they ever be caught in their schemes! (ha!)

• Love 1

Lablover27 - I am so very glad to hear your doogie pulled through.  I was doing some of that spiritual shit, putting good thoughts out into the animal universe when I read about the snakebite (just in case anything's listening, eh!); here's to a full recovery.  wq toasts you with a morning beverage  :-)

This all comes down to a guy in a robe with a mullet.

I wish!

• Love 6

Wait, wait, wait. Everyone on this forum is pretty much acting like Rino slept with Santa but we actually don't know for sure. Wouldn't it be wise to say "allegedly"? Let's not condemn them already, people. We have no idea if it's true at all.

It just conjures up the mental image of Kris Kringle getting it on with a hooker in "The Biggest Little City in the World" for me..........

• Love 4

I had thought they might be going to Atlantic City this episode. They began talking about the Florida trip, which will be a couples trip, but I haven't heard any mention of the AC "girls" trip. I thought usually the girls trip was done before the couples trip, which normally takes place at the end of the season, doesn't it? If all of the drama goes down in Florida that appears is going to, I can't imagine how TPTB will convincingly splice together scenes to make it appear that the cast is civil with each other again. Not to mention it would be an anticlimax. I would think they would want to lead in to the reunion with all of that unresolved drama intact.

Milania eating a raw onion was one of the funniest things I have ever seen on this show! Now they know how to punish her little sass mouth in the future. (I jest.)

Wow, Amber does know they don't give Emmys out for reality TV, right? I mean, what was with her sobbing on the phone to Tre about her legal case? She barely knows these people. And then the way she pulled Tre aside to discuss Gotti's comment. She seems like she is trying to make a fast ally in Tre, which is funny considering Jim's disdain of Juicy. But Tre just looks gobsmacked every time Amber starts prattling on. Like, "who IS this woman and why is she all up my butt?"

Tre really needs to stop answering her phone on speaker in front of Gia. I know production likes it, but some things are more important. You can't have these kind of conversations and then just tell Gia it's "nothing" when she's sitting right there! She's no an idiot. 

This whole legal mess is really aging Tre. Her eyes are looking ROUGH. 

Jim is such a vindictive little prick, and his reasoning doesn't even make sense. He thinks there was some giant breach of trust when Bobby relayed how Jim didn't want to be around Joe, so now he's going to start relaying things Bobby told HIM in confidence? Not even the same ballpark, shorty. For one, what you said about the Giudices was said on national TV, it was going to get heard anyhow. Second, you bail on bowling without explaining yourself, leaving Bobby in an awkward position. It's not like he walked up and just said, "Hey, Jim thinks Joe is a criminal and doesn't want to be around him". He was ASKED for an explanation, and actually tried to be your friend by giving one that made you sound slightly better. And lastly, Jim and Joe Giudice are not friends. They have no relationship at all. So Bobby wasn't really hurting anyone. On the other hand, Jim revealing things Bobby has told him about his girlfriend IS potentially damaging to an existing relationship. He needs to quit acting like he's justified in his actions, because he is not. At all. 

• Love 11
I love Teresa's definition of a true friend - one who doesn't ask any questions. That's most people's definition of a bad friend.

I don't know. I can kind of see what she means. My good girlfriend went through a horrible custody battle earlier this year. I would text or call her to ask how it was going, how she was doing....but the way some of these people are asking, they just sound nosy. Did Amber call her up and ask, "how are you hanging in there?"? No. She asked, "Is it true?" It just comes across as gossipy. With my friend, if I knew she had court that day I might ask, "how did court go?" and then let her tell me what she wished. I never pried. I would let her come to me and vent, let her know I was there for her, etc. and if she gave me details we could have a conversation about that. But I didn't needle her. I know it's not exactly the same, as my friend's business wasn't all up in the press. But I still think a good friend would ask how you were doing before needling you for specifics of the case. 

There's enough out there in the press for people to pretty much form their own opinions. We all have, for the most part. If you find the Giudices to be shady or questionable, don't hang around them. If you want to continue to support them and be their friends, then do so. Amber strikes me as someone who REALLY REALLY loves gossip. The way her face lit up when Victoria Gotti revealed the alleged Santa-Rino hook up, she was in hog heaven. Her call to Teresa did not come across at all genuine to me, while Dina's silent support does. 

And OMG, Jacqueline's face ha had more work done than the late Miss Rivers.

I was very confused when they first showed her. I asked myself, "Did they cast an Asian American woman on the show this season?"

• Love 12

I have been watching these "HW" shows since they started- all of them. So I have seen a lot of nasty, stupid behavior. And I also know that many of the situations are prodded by production to get film-worthy reactions, so I get that aspect, too. Not all of this is real, we know that. But this Teresa and Joe Guidice situation IS real, painfully real and has me RAGING inside whenever I see them talking about it- I actually had to turn off the TV at some point. I've never had that happen while watching any of these shows. 

Watching Gia cry on TV felt so intrusive, and Teresa for allowing it onscreen should be throat punched to the moon. What a horrible mother. It's not bad enough making yourself out to be a victim in the illegal mess YOU created, attempting to garner sympathy for you and your troll of a husband...but you subject Gia to onscreen discussions of it? I understand that Gia is 14 and old enough to comprehend what she is hearing about the situation...and they should be preparing her for the worst case scenario. But in PRIVATE. These people have NO conscience. They have NO shame. You signed up for this shit show- the kids did not.

Ok, rant over. I can't even bother to comment on the other nonsense because it pales in comparison IMO.

• Love 15

I love your title. There really is nothing like six month old news to send one changing the channel to a "Breaking Bad" binge. Bravo needs to quit with the drama surrounding it. There was none.

Team Marchese is giving reality TV a bad name. Not that their pioneers in the field but I still don't understand the outrage over repeating Jim's comments. Who was suppose to tell Joe that Jim felt he couldn't be around him because of Jim's perceived conflict? It is a given production had told Joe. Jim Marchese doesn't know what makes for good TV. Amber is just too fake.

• Love 1

I love Teresa's definition of a true friend - one who doesn't ask any questions. That's most people's definition of a bad friend.

Eh, I disagree. If I told my friends that I didn't want to or couldn't talk about something, and they continued to press, I'd find them a bit disrespectful (though probably not "bad" friends across the board). That's why I though Caroline and Jacqueline were wrong for trying to interrogate Teresa a season or two ago (plus, I got the impression they were just looking for "dirt").

Of course, Melissa had zero makeup on because she was "working out," but still, I never saw the resemblance before tonight.

I tend to doubt we ever see Melissa without makeup.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 8

Everyone on this show is a caricature - there is no reality here. Teresa just can't understand why this is happening to her, Amber has mascara running down her face like a oil spill because - BFF, Tiny Jim demonstrates his legal expertise, Nicole and Bobby share twu wuv, and Dina's a reincarnation of her mother's first daughter twice removed... This has to be a parody of the reality show genre. 

I was very confused when they first showed [Jacqueline]. I asked myself, "Did they cast an Asian American woman on the show this season?"

Hahahahaha! I was looking at the screen, all perplexed, like "Who is this woman?". It looks like she had a gallon drum of restylane injected into her face. Scary.

I also saw an ad for Manzo'd with Children (Gah, how I hate that title) and it made me cringe. I will NOT be tuning in, but I will be following it, here.

• Love 1

I get pissed off when Amber compares having cancer to what Teresa and Joe are "going through". Ummm NO, having a horrible disease you have no control over is not the same thing as dealing with the fallout of your own criminal actions. They are not even on the same planet as far as being compared. Still, it was entertaining to watch Amber overact for the cameras. Because I don't in any way believe that was genuine unless Amber has serious emotional problems. Amber has known Teresa for what, a couple weeks? Maybe a few months?

And I will be shocked if there is serious jail time. The best we can hope for is that the government takes the house and forces restitution payments. If Joe does more than 6 months, I will be very surprised. Martha Stewart only got a few months, didn't she?

• Love 1

Eh, I disagree. If I told my friends that I didn't want to or couldn't talk about something, and they continued to press, I'd find them a bit disrespectful (though probably not "bad" friends across the board). That's why I though Caroline and Jacqueline were wrong for trying to interrogate Teresa a season or two ago (plus, I got the impression they were just looking for "dirt").

I tend to doubt we ever see Melissa without makeup.

I never had a problem with Jac or Caroline asking questions, because Teresa herself was the one talking about it in every possible venue except her reality show, for which she earned a paycheck.  I don't necessarily believe that she would have been pressed on camera if she weren't talking about it so much off camera. She practically moved the In-Touch crew into the gaudy mansion.  They did something like 6 cover articles about her and all her troubles in a 6 month time frame. Yet at the same time Jac is calling her on the phone and being told there are no problems, everything is fine. If this were my friend, I would wonder why she wasn't sharing with me, but sharing with a magazine for profit, and then saying there really were no problems. I would start to think that she was just milking the publications and trying to garner sympathy by giving a sob story to the magazines. I would have been beyond pissed if I had been Jac. 

• Love 5

Such good points, especially about the redemption arc. I used to give Bravo a break on this, because you're innocent until proven guilty, but now that Teresa and Joe pled guilty, what is their excuse for showcasing this Teresa-as-victim storyline, and asking everyone in the cast to participate. And as if that wasn't enough, they even brought back the old cast to chime in. And statements from her lawyer stressing Teresa's noble act of accepting responsibility for some "mistakes" from "years ago." All with sad piano music playing in the background. I don't get it. Did the producers really think that presenting the story this way would boost ratings? Did they think that most viewers view Teresa with sympathy? Or do they themselves (the producers) really care for her, so they're cutting the show with their own bias? Again, I don't get it, and I'm glad I'm not the only one who's offended.

The other way to look it at is Bravo is just 'showing'' how Teresa is presenting herself as a victim and the others are choosing to see her and Joe that way.  I don't believe production forced them to.   It says a lot about all these people.

• Love 3

On WWHL Miss Andy said Dina and Ambuh's m***** husband are in a twitter war.  Anyone with twitter want to post some tweets? 

es}

Miss Andy?? Ugh, I find that really offensive.
  • Love 5

The other way to look it at is Bravo is just 'showing'' how Teresa is presenting herself as a victim and the others are choosing to see her and Joe that way.  I don't believe production forced them to.   It says a lot about all these people.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the people on the show have sympathy for Joe and Teresa because they themselves have also made some financial moves that aren't so kosher.

• Love 8
I wouldn't be surprised if some of the people on the show have sympathy for Joe and Teresa because they themselves have also made some financial moves that aren't so kosher.

I can see Melissa saying to JoGo, "all those papers you had me sign, it's all ok, right?". And Joe saying sure, don't worry about it. 

And people that dance too closely to the the boundaries of legality seem to always characterize the government and law enforcement as the bad guys.  

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 6

I get pissed off when Amber compares having cancer to what Teresa and Joe are "going through". Ummm NO, having a horrible disease you have no control over is not the same thing as dealing with the fallout of your own criminal actions. They are not even on the same planet as far as being compared. Still, it was entertaining to watch Amber overact for the cameras. Because I don't in any way believe that was genuine unless Amber has serious emotional problems. Amber has known Teresa for what, a couple weeks? Maybe a few months?

And I will be shocked if there is serious jail time. The best we can hope for is that the government takes the house and forces restitution payments. If Joe does more than 6 months, I will be very surprised. Martha Stewart only got a few months, didn't she?

Martha Stewart was convicted of lying to investigators. There were not forty counts of fraud in her indictment. She did not plead guilty; she was tried and found guilty.

The odds are four to five years for Joe; one to two for Teresa. While I doubt that probation is a possibility, she may draw some home incarceration.

• Love 2

I used to give Bravo a break on this, because you're innocent until proven guilty, but now that Teresa and Joe pled guilty, what is their excuse for showcasing this Teresa-as-victim storyline, and asking everyone in the cast to participate. And as if that wasn't enough, they even brought back the old cast to chime in. And statements from her lawyer stressing Teresa's noble act of accepting responsibility for some "mistakes" from "years ago." All with sad piano music playing in the background. I don't get it. Did the producers really think that presenting the story this way would boost ratings? Did they think that most viewers view Teresa with sympathy? Or do they themselves (the producers) really care for her, so they're cutting the show with their own bias? Again, I don't get it, and I'm glad I'm not the only one who's offended.

I think Bravo is just showing us reality, and we are interpreting the way we want to.  Bravo isn't showing Teresa as a victim, she is portraying herself that way, and it is pissing a lot of people off.  Maybe Bravo is doing it on purpose because IMO Andy really doesn't like Teresa or Joe given Juicy Joe's repeated use of "f*****."  And IMO Gia is a victim in all of this.  And by showing her, it shows the viewers how the parents' actions have impacted the kids.  And even having her on camera enrages some viewers beyond their engaging in the fraud.  While some people may feel sorry for Teresa because of the was she is shown on the show, others are just getting more pissed off.  It's all in the viewers perspective.  I personally don't think Bravo is slanting it one way or the other.  They are playing serious music, not sad music IMO.

I think Joe and Melissa Gorga are trying to make Joey (? the kid punching) into the next Milania.  It's not gonna happen.

I think Bobby is just as bad as Jim is saying; however, Jim is such a little prick that he has no credibility with the viewers.  Bobby was way to eager to run over too the cameras and show the twins the tweet.

How dumb is that twin to only care about what Joe and Teresa were wearing to the court appearance.  

I saw the tweets last night.  Jim retweets every tweet that mentions him, even the bad ones.  Dina basically told him to get off twitter, that he was going to get his wife fired.

ETA also loved Teresa being all WTF with Amber crying attributing it to "her time of the month" or "The Cancer."

Edited by jinjer
  • Love 2

When Teresa was shown praying, I thought the camera angle said a lot about how the editors feel about her grand show of contrition.  When do they ever do a shot from the floor up to encompass the entire room someone is in, including the fancy ceilings, in order to show the enormity and opulence of the room?  She was praying in hopes to show that she is but a simple, religious woman looking for help from God, and while I know that you can pray anywhere because God hears all things, it just doesn't look as good when she is laid out on a $10,000 rug in a room bigger than many peoples' houses, asking to be protected from justice for crimes she committed to get money.

I didn't think of it that way, interesting.  To me it was just emphasizing how alone she was, poor woman.  She made a few mistakes in the past and learned from them, can't we just move on...or whatever.

Reading through this thread, it might have been in Bravo's interest to find at least one person who would say something like, "Those poor children...what their parents did to them is awful."  I find it hard to believe they couldn't have found a famewhore willing to do that, and I think it would have been a more interesting season if it were included (just not in front of the kids).  There's a whole spectrum of reasonable reaction to this kind of drama missing, and it highlights how unnatural the whole show is, imho.

Speaking of unnatural- the whole Amber/tears thing.  Does anyone get why it's so important for her to be friends with Teresa when it's apparently a huge conflict of interest for her husband to even be in the same room as Teresa?  Wouldn't the conflict of interest still exist, or at least a semblance of impropriety, 'cause she's running back and forth passing info between the Giudices and her husband?

I get that she's looking for airtime and to show acting versatility and whatnot, and I'm fine with that.  I do insist, however, a bit of consistency and attention to detail with my fakest reality show people.  Has she explained why her character wants to be super close to Teresa, given the story for the character she's married to?

Edited by phoenix780
  • Love 2

I don't know. I can kind of see what she means. My good girlfriend went through a horrible custody battle earlier this year. I would text or call her to ask how it was going, how she was doing....but the way some of these people are asking, they just sound nosy. Did Amber call her up and ask, "how are you hanging in there?"? No. She asked, "Is it true?" It just comes across as gossipy. With my friend, if I knew she had court that day I might ask, "how did court go?" and then let her tell me what she wished. I never pried. I would let her come to me and vent, let her know I was there for her, etc. and if she gave me details we could have a conversation about that. But I didn't needle her. I know it's not exactly the same, as my friend's business wasn't all up in the press. But I still think a good friend would ask how you were doing before needling you for specifics of the case.

ITA. Honestly, I don't blame Teresa for being private. Calling someone to ask if a new tabloid story is true doesn't seem genuine to me. I had a good friend whose husband was arrested some years ago and a lengthy court case followed. I would call her and ask her to lunch or to go shopping, but that was it. On days she went to court, I'd cook something for her so she'd have a warm meal when she got home. That's how I showed I cared. I didn't ask if the stories going around in our social circle were true. I think that's tacky. She confided when she wanted to, and held back when she wanted to.

• Love 10

Teresa said she would not pry into people's issues. What did she do to Danielle?

Amber is using her acting skills with the crying over Teresa. She just met the girl & we are supposed to believed she was so upset that she was crying. So upset over a person who her husband insulted? 

Once the conversation went that route, why didn't Tre take her off speaker or go in the other room? Tre is using her girls for sympathy & it's disgusting what she's putting them, especially Gia through on camera. I feel terrible for her girls & their parents exploiting them. Tre should have thought of her girls before committing crimes.

I cannot stand Jim on site. His voice, his condescending comments, everything. He is an all around schmuck. He was upset that Bobby repeating things that were said in confidence & said he wouldn't do that. Then goes right ahead & mentions about the girls in Florida. So Jim knows Bobby's cheating & was friends with Nicole & didn't have a problem with that. He's a great guy.

Yeah, and it just breaks my heart to see her crying. What a burden she has to carry as the oldest.

How sick is it that not only does she have to go through what her parents have done. She has to deal with her parents letting her be filmed crying week after week & she listens to their phone conversations. It's disgusting that a parent would do that to their kid, that they should emotionally be protecting.

• Love 3

I feel for the Guidice kids like I would any kids with lousy, selfish parents.

But I resent like HELL that Bravo and Theresa and the rest of this cast showcases and spotlights those four girls to get sympathy for Juicy & Theresa.

Bravo's soulless minions will point the camera where the story is, and a teary-eyed Gia is certainly that. But the parents? The most important thing a parent can do is provide a safe, consistent, and secure home environment for their child.

First, I doubt it was that to begin with--there was always something shaky and chaotic underneath Theresa & Joe's glitzy facade. Then their privacy and home is invaded by cameras and Bravo and the rest of America. Then there's the bitter, pointless and vicious feuding with the Gorgas, also publicized from the kids' point of view, with tears and violence and a lot of instability--again, all onscreen.. Then the law comes and threatens to take away their house and parents-rightfully, bc the parents have committed crime after crime to keep up appearances.

Now Gia is thrust forward as an adorable, pitiful reason the courts should let the Guidice's walk--spotlight, tears, big sad tears--all worse bc they're real. Is anyone wondering if she knows she's supposed to be garnering sympathy--and a lighter sentence--for her folks? What happens when she can't?

These are the choices Theresa and Joe made and are making, with Bravo about their kids,  So my reaction is pretty much opposite of the pity and sympathy that they're trying to generate. I think that the Guidice girls might be better off with relatives or anyone who won't use them to further their own publicity/agenda/court struggles. (Let's see if there are any relatives like that)

Also...am I wrong or did Theresa list the house before the kids in her prayer? Freudian slip?

Edited by mmepeacock
  • Love 3

It as a night of fuckery, incredibly boring fuckery. 

Gia breaking down after being subjected to the extreme fuckery of her mother taking phone calls about her court case on camera.  This is just so sad and so wrong.  Who exploits their children this way?  The Giudices, that’s who! 

Dina’s past life explanations – was she hit in the head as a child?  Yet more fuckery, although this is self-inflicted.  Dear Dina, you are not that special of a snowflake.  Get over yourself. 

The screechfest at Dina’s – aaaarrrrrgh!  I tried to watch it multiple times and finally gave up.  I did realize Dina and I were probably, at some point, sharing the same look of what is this fuckery?  There is not enough STFU in the world for the twins with their nails on a chalkboard voices.

Amber, Amber, Amber.  From her opening salvo of damn near begging Theresa to open up to her and break down about her court case to the ridiculous pulling Theresa aside at Dina’s to discuss, at length, why they shouldn’t bring up the Santa rumors, she has well overplayed her hand.  I am going to venture she has spent the last several years of her life not just watching as much reality TV as she could, but studying it in detail, trying to figure out how to make herself important to the story by shoving herself into every storyline and creating drama whenever possible.  I swear, if one of the show’s veterans needs a colonoscopy, Amber's face will be the first thing the doctor sees when he puts in the camera.   I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, when the brain trust that is Theresa Giudice can see through your machinations, you are a moron.  So much ill-conceived fuckery.

Edited by Muffyn
  • Love 6

ITA. Honestly, I don't blame Teresa for being private. Calling someone to ask if a new tabloid story is true doesn't seem genuine to me. I had a good friend whose husband was arrested some years ago and a lengthy court case followed. I would call her and ask her to lunch or to go shopping, but that was it. On days she went to court, I'd cook something for her so she'd have a warm meal when she got home. That's how I showed I cared. I didn't ask if the stories going around in our social circle were true. I think that's tacky. She confided when she wanted to, and held back when she wanted to.

How dumb is that twin to only care about what Joe and Teresa were wearing to the court appearance.

Oh, I so agree, however, I am less offended by this than Amber "crying" and calling Teresa.  It was tacky, but Rino checked her.  Hopefully, she learned a lesson.  I do have to say, Teresa is put together quite well when she's attending court.  As I read the article, I'm always noticing Teresa's courthouse ensemble, as well. 

• Love 5

I honestly think that is what Jac did until she saw the cover with Teresa and the girls posing with that dog. Up until that point she just assumed they were tabloids publishing whatever they wanted, but at that point she realized they were posing for these covers and cooperating with the stories (she realized it because she said that Teresa was famous for not liking dogs). At the point the reality hit that Teresa wasn't being private about what was going on - she just wanted to talk only if she was getting paid for it. The tabloids would hardly be as interested in getting the "scoop" if this same info was already being talked about by Teresa on the show. Where is the value in that? Why lie to her friends in private? She lied about being paid by the tabloids right up until the very end, until Juicy admitted they were getting paid for their story. Hardly a gal keeping her struggles private.

• Love 2

What I really took away from tonight's episode was Bravo's admission that the new cast doesn't work.

Bravo has down that? Where, when?

2) To me it's clear that Amber knows how to get a lot of camera time and viewer attention. Duh. Be a shit-stirer. And she is intentionally being that. History has shown that's a way to get at least some hot, short-term attention. 

We have no idea to what extent cast members are forced by contract to interact with each other. Now, technically Amber's husband Jim is not a cast member. So is he contracted to be on the show at all? Because that, to me, would need to be known before I could intelligently comment on why he does or doesn't film with Joe....especially given that he doesn't know Joe in real life. Why WOULD he film with him? (Unless pressured by his wife or producers, or contractually has to do it.)

3) as for the Giudice's kids and the 'woe is me' story line....that's not phasing me at all. I couldn't care less about that. I'm actually sick of Gia and don't like her that much. She's too smart-mouthed for me, and to involved in adult business. The kids don't need to be filmed at all, really.

To this day I don't know what the EXACT things are that Joe and Tre are accused of. My question will be afterward was their sentence any harsher than anyone else who did what they did. (And it's be nice to see a really big mortgage company exec get punished. How is it that little fish can always get caught, an others who are really RESPONSIBLE haven't even been charged, and won't be)

4) Rino -- crass? Yes? Loveable, soft-heated, down to earth? I haven't decided.

Bobby -- really just strikes me as a brainless idiot.

The twins are the same way -- nucklehead Jersey girls who got lucky getting on a TV show. ABSOLUTELY nothing special.

I LIKE Dina. I like people who want peace in their life. I LIKE that she's trying to be on the show and stay out of drama.

• Love 1

I think Joe and Melissa Gorga are trying to make Joey (? the kid punching) into the next Milania.  It's not gonna happen.

You are so right Jinjer. There is only one Milania. No other child can ever come close..

Edited by BucFan
  • Love 4

I honestly think that is what Jac did until she saw the cover with Teresa and the girls posing with that dog. Up until that point she just assumed they were tabloids publishing whatever they wanted, but at that point she realized they were posing for these covers and cooperating with the stories (she realized it because she said that Teresa was famous for not liking dogs). At the point the reality hit that Teresa wasn't being private about what was going on - she just wanted to talk only if she was getting paid for it. The tabloids would hardly be as interested in getting the "scoop" if this same info was already being talked about by Teresa on the show. Where is the value in that? Why lie to her friends in private? She lied about being paid by the tabloids right up until the very end, until Juicy admitted they were getting paid for their story. Hardly a gal keeping her struggles private.

Teresa chose the outlet she wanted to discuss her issues. That's her prerogative. I'm not convinced most of the cast members are genuine when they talk about Tre's issues, Jacqueline and Melissa included. I don't believe that Tre is keeping the reality from say, someone like Dina.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 3

Amber, Amber, Amber....you maybe the most unlikable person I've ever seen on reality TV (at least Stassi from VP can be funny) - congratulations. I'm with those who think her and the little man watched a lot of reality TV to see how they could make the most impact. Unfortunately for them though, I think they thought they are actually be likable. Has Weasel really stopped tweeting - please say it ain't so? Though if Dina told him to stop before he got his wife fired - that's hysterical.

IMO re talking about Teresa's financial and legal issues on camera - she's on a faux "reality TV" show, supposedly about her life. I'd give her some slack, except she knew what financial troubles they were in (and then knew enough to lie about it to the BK court) and was still acting like there was the "money tree" in the backyard. Chanel in Italy? Audriana's christening? New Mercedes? Anniversary ring she originally wanted the viewing audience to think was a huge yellow diamond? I could go on....

Since I'm convinced she lies pretty easily, I think she's known about the addition of potential legal problems for a lot longer then she admits. I did after reading the BK Trustees first filing years ago where he basically called them liars. Still don't see any real effort to tone the lifestyle down. The paper plates at Gia's birthday party in Season 3? doesn't count.

Lablover - just saw and glad doggie's OK. Lost the world's coolest dog (Akita/border collie) to bloat. Like to add the picture option (not likely for the girl who can't figure out the quote option) to show off either him or his sweet and gorgeous successor (Akita/lab) although since he's not very cool his nickname is Pussy (mostly shortened to Puss for the nephews and vulgarity sakes).

• Love 4

I never had a problem with Jac or Caroline asking questions, because Teresa herself was the one talking about it in every possible venue except her reality show, for which she earned a paycheck.  I don't necessarily believe that she would have been pressed on camera if she weren't talking about it so much off camera. She practically moved the In-Touch crew into the gaudy mansion.  They did something like 6 cover articles about her and all her troubles in a 6 month time frame. Yet at the same time Jac is calling her on the phone and being told there are no problems, everything is fine. If this were my friend, I would wonder why she wasn't sharing with me, but sharing with a magazine for profit, and then saying there really were no problems. I would start to think that she was just milking the publications and trying to garner sympathy by giving a sob story to the magazines. I would have been beyond pissed if I had been Jac. 

I see what you're saying. And, yes, J & C are allowed to be mad at Teresa for revealing things in magazines and not to her close friends (though the articles I saw were complete fluff--answers to largely hypothetical questions, and said practically nothing of substance). If they were mad, they could have said that--or shunned her, or given her an ultimatum, or whatever--without pushing for details that she was not into giving, for whatever reason. My issue is with not respecting--and putting personal curiosity above--a friend's wishes (no matter what you might think of those wishes).

Oh, and ETA that, of course, I realize that this is in the context of a TV show and exposition and story line and blah-blah-not real life, etc., so maybe J & C were prompted (and paid to) to nag Teresa.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 1

I have zero sympathy for Theresa or Bravo for this mess. Personally, if I pranced around in my manse for two years, dissing people who buy "used houses" and displaying rolls of cash to buy furniture, etc, I would be under the nearest rock when all the cards came crashing down. I would have quit the TV show and tried to deal with this as privately as I could. But they had no money because Juicys business came crashing down  and Bravo money was their lifeline and only source of income, so I'm sure in their minds they didn't have any choice but to continue to film, because they were continuing to try to live the lifestyle, and they had to hire lawyers. If you have no money, those same lawyers who are defending them wouldn't even glance at them. Last season Tre could keep saying that the truth would come out, they are innocent, but this year, it's hard to do that since they have taken a plea. But to get the $$$, they still have to film. It's not like Tre can do the storylines she used to, like the weekends at the shore or her fabulous life, so she is doing the storyline that she is living and putting her twist on it. But it's going over like a lead balloon with the audience, who is tired of the whining about punishment for the CRIMES THEY HAVE COMMITTED. They are also tired of everyone else in the cast acting like the see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil monkeys whenever the subject is brought up. So if Tre goes to jail, Bravo cannot possibly keep her in the cast. Even if she ends up doing a homes based term, with an ankle monitor, I doubt the court will allow her to film or drive around in her mercedes shopping, so she is probably out. Personally, I think they need to dump the whole cast and start over. I like the Jersey theme better than other franchises, but even the new additions aren't helping and will be tainted by being on with the Juicy's during this season.  There must be other people in Jersey that they can feature. Come on Bravo!

• Love 4
Oh, I so agree, however, I am less offended by this than Amber "crying" and calling Teresa.  It was tacky, but Rino checked her.  Hopefully, she learned a lesson.

I agree. Teresa was less offensive. Shallow? Yes. But genuine. While Amber was being fakety fake fake fake. Can't STAND her. She probably thought Tre would be so moved by Amber crying over her plight that she would break down and tell her every little detail.

• Love 2
What I really took away from tonight's episode was Bravo's admission that the new cast doesn't work.

Bravo has down that? Where, when?

That's how I interpreted their Jacquline Returns promo, with an extra shot of Rosie (who should just be a HW, imho).  To me the extended promo was a lot of "we'll fix this...just wait."

Also...am I wrong or did Theresa list the house before the kids in her prayer? Freudian slip?

Speaking of Freudian slips- didn't Amber say she had the information about Rino's affair in her "back pocket"?  To me that always means something you've got tucked away for future use if necessary.  Made me wonder about her.  But then, these women aren't so great with the talking, and maybe in Jersey it's a different expression.

Edited by phoenix780
  • Love 1

I think Bravo is just showing us reality, and we are interpreting the way we want to.  Bravo isn't showing Teresa as a victim, she is portraying herself that way, and it is pissing a lot of people off.  Maybe Bravo is doing it on purpose because IMO Andy really doesn't like Teresa or Joe given Juicy Joe's repeated use of "f*****."  And IMO Gia is a victim in all of this.  And by showing her, it shows the viewers how the parents' actions have impacted the kids.  And even having her on camera enrages some viewers beyond their engaging in the fraud.  While some people may feel sorry for Teresa because of the was she is shown on the show, others are just getting more pissed off.  It's all in the viewers perspective.  I personally don't think Bravo is slanting it one way or the other.  They are playing serious music, not sad music IMO.

Sorry, but I couldn't disagree more. Of course Bravo is slanting the tone and messages of the show. It's what editing is all about. They film hours and hours of footage, and then choose what to show according to the story they're telling. They stage scenes and cast their characters to portray this story, and only this story. They even brought back Jacqueline, who wasn't even a part of the cast, to recite a supportive TH re: Teresa's tale of woe. They filmed it, paid her a chunk of change to do so, and then aired it. This isn't "reality." This is the reality Bravo filmed, cut, and aired.

Here's another example: this episode was promoted as one where the legal case takes a turn and the Giudices plead guilty. But NO ONE, not Teresa, not Joe, not any cast member, not any lawyer, NO ONE talks about them pleading guilty. Or discusses, let alone mentions, the guilty plea. Joe, a cast member from day one of this show and the more serious offender, wasn't even in the episode. Even outside the courthouse, they showed Teresa's attorney reading her whitewashed statement with violins playing in the background, while the US Attorney announcing the guilty plea got maybe 5 seconds. These are all decisions Bravo made in producing this episode.

• Love 2

Their lawyers aren't going to let them talk about anything until they are sentenced, so Bravo of course IMO is going to call in all their friends and family for comments.  And being their friends and family, what are they going to say?  Would anyone's friends and family get up and say "They did the crime, so they have to do the time!" They keep showing Teresa saying she doesn't know why this is happening to them - as if. It's almost buffoonery at this point on that side. Bravo IMO is highlighting their own delusion.

They aired the news clips saying they pled guilty.  Teresa's atty's statement to the press was aired on our local news. Bravo didn't edit that.  Yet despite all of Bravo's supposed victim slant, almost every board you go on, people are saying the same things - very few people feel sorry for them, most feel sorry for their kids. 

But on another side, that is the reality of the Guidice household at this point.  Teresa is probably very scared and depressed and is probably holding it together.  Their crimes have come home to roost, and it is probably pretty depressing around there.  I am sure Teresa is probably trying to save face and keep it normal around her kids.  But no matter how mad viewers may be that they are criminals, Bravo is probably showing reality in that home right now.  Gia probably does break down

• Love 1

Their lawyers aren't going to let them talk about anything until they are sentenced, so Bravo of course IMO is going to call in all their friends and family for comments.  And being their friends and family, what are they going to say?

Jacqueline wasn't always Teresa's friend. She had no problem dissing Teresa at various times over the course of the show. But not on this episode. She was brought on specifically to participate in the Teresa-has-The-Indictment sorrow fest. And it's certainly ok for Teresa's family and friends to offer her support. It's Bravo's decision to showcase this, and only this, on the show that I'm pointing out. It would maybe make some kind of sense if this were a Teresa spinoff show, all told from her point of view. But it's not. It's supposed to be about other things and other HW's, too.

They aired the news clips saying they pled guilty.  Teresa's atty's statement to the press was aired on our local news. Bravo didn't edit that.

Yes, they did, by editing the scene. I don't have a problem with showing the lawyer reading the statement. But how about showing more of the US Attorney's statement? The one that talked about their CRIMES. In detail. The crimes to which they pled guilty. And the news clips they showed? Those were all from E! - part of the Bravo/NBC family - again, all controlling the story. And I loved how, after reporting the guilty plea, they quickly cut to an E! correspondent saying how sad this will be for THE CHILDREN! It was all editing/editorial decisions the producers made to tell the story they wanted to tell. Poor Teresa.

• Love 1

Sorry, but I couldn't disagree more. Of course Bravo is slanting the tone and messages of the show. It's what editing is all about. They film hours and hours of footage, and then choose what to show according to the story they're telling. They stage scenes and cast their characters to portray this story, and only this story. They even brought back Jacqueline, who wasn't even a part of the cast, to recite a supportive TH re: Teresa's tale of woe. They filmed it, paid her a chunk of change to do so, and then aired it. This isn't "reality." This is the reality Bravo filmed, cut, and aired.

Here's another example: this episode was promoted as one where the legal case takes a turn and the Giudices plead guilty. But NO ONE, not Teresa, not Joe, not any cast member, not any lawyer, NO ONE talks about them pleading guilty. Or discusses, let alone mentions, the guilty plea. Joe, a cast member from day one of this show and the more serious offender, wasn't even in the episode. Even outside the courthouse, they showed Teresa's attorney reading her whitewashed statement with violins playing in the background, while the US Attorney announcing the guilty plea got maybe 5 seconds. These are all decisions Bravo made in producing this episode.

I think that Bravo is telling the story they want to tell. I have no doubt this has been a challenge for them, but this is what they have decided to go with. Yes, Teresa is providing her own narrative of her situation, but that doesn't have to be the tone of the season. I liken it to S3. Teresa came into that season pissed at her family and ready to tell the story of a family who had come on her show to tear her apart. Bravo let her do this, but she didn't have the final say. They also showed us her delusions. The way she treated Kathy (and everyone else) without cause at her lovely dinner party. The way she went off the rails at her Christmas Dinner, when Caroline told her that she needed to take a look around and be grateful for the time she did have with her family instead of bitching about the time she didn't have. The way she behaved in Punta  Cana. She could try to tell whatever story she wanted, but Bravo also had a say in the way the narrative played out.

I don't believe for one single second that none of these people haven't said more about their legal issues, especially about them taking the plea deal. They have to have hours of footage of various reactions and conversations. It doesn't have to be people screaming "I knew it - they are guilty". It could be as simple as someone saying "wow, I am really surprised to hear them plead guilty after saying they were innocent for so long. Those prosecutors must have had a scary case against them". Just the normal conversations that would take place when someone you know and work with pleads guilty to such serious crimes. Folks would be discussing this among themselves. I don't believe that any of these people are savvy enough to have avoided this type of talk while the cameras were running, but that Bravo is not showing any of this to us. Instead they are showing a sad Gia, which is a Bravo decision. They are showing a lost Teresa on the floor crying and praying. Yes, some folks are going to be pissed at being manipulated in such a way. Others are going to feel a twinge of compassion for what they are going through, which it appears is what Bravo is looking for. They are letting it all play out pretty much the way Teresa would want for it to play out. 

• Love 3

When Teresa was shown praying, I thought the camera angle said a lot about how the editors feel about her grand show of contrition.  When do they ever do a shot from the floor up to encompass the entire room someone is in, including the fancy ceilings, in order to show the enormity and opulence of the room?  She was praying in hopes to show that she is but a simple, religious woman looking for help from God, and while I know that you can pray anywhere because God hears all things, it just doesn't look as good when she is laid out on a $10,000 rug in a room bigger than many peoples' houses, asking to be protected from justice for crimes she committed to get money.

I didn't think of it that way, interesting.  To me it was just emphasizing how alone she was, poor woman.  She made a few mistakes in the past and learned from them, can't we just move on...or whatever.

I too took this as a sympathy ploy by production. Pulling the camera back to make the room look large and poor little Teresa all alone on the floor praying looking so small and alone with her grief. I was always under the impression that Andy did not like the Guidices but like her or not she was undeniably the "star" of the franchise. I think once it became clear they were in legal trouble and could go to prison Andy knew this would be the end of the franchise. In an effort to save the show he and production mounted a campaign to "save Teresa" in order to save the show. Or maybe Andy and TPTB misread the audience and figured since so many were on Tre's side during the Tre vs Everyone Else storyline, so many were pissed the way the last few seasons played out with Tre being ganged up on, that in order to garner higher ratings they would now give Tre the sympathy edit. I don't think they counted on so many viewers knowing the details of what's really going on, of what the Guidice's really did. As someone in the Amber thread pointed out, there are viewers who take the show at face value, who don't read this board or others where viewers have dug up the real story on the behind the scenes action. There may be viewers who think Tre is being victimized by the IRS and the Feds, who don't know what they really did and the extent of it. Bravo may be assuming they are the majority and be playing up to them. Add to that the fact that everyone hates the IRS - they too are liars and criminals who do go after innocent people (just not in this case) - and Bravo figured this was the way to play out the Tre story. I was really shocked when Tre had her book signing that there was people lined up to meet her, telling Tre they were praying for her, support her, etc.. so there must still be Tre supporters in the audience. I think Bravo overestimated how many were supporters as opposed to how many in the audience are former Tre supporters, who are disgusted at what they've done. No matter what the outcome at the sentencing I think this franchise is done. IMO, no one wants to see Tre if she skates on the charges, Melissa can't carry the show, and the newbies have been a disaster.

What really disturbs me is the way Gia is being used as a sympathy ploy.  I'd bet everyting that Gia did not want to be filmed this season, wanted to deal with this privately and Teresa used guilt to get her to film.

Edited by happykitteh
  • Love 1

Okay - I really have nothing more to say about the Giudice plea deal, etc., that hasn't already been spoken, but I am one of those people that notice things in the background.  One of the things I noticed was that when Teresa got the phone call from Melissa (before Gia had her little breakdown), there was a bottle of sauce on the stove when Teresa was cooking....it wasn't a jar of home-bottled sauce, because there was a label on it.  Unless this was from her own (failed) line of foods, what the heck??? 

And, please, as everyone else said....Amber - JUST STOP!!!  You're crying rivers of black tears for someone you only recently met?  Sobbing and speaking almost incoherently on the phone?  I have to wonder if she had just learned how to do that during that week's acting class....

And, again, I noticed the cooking scene with Amber and Jim - just how much friggin' oregano did he put in that small amount of sauce on the stove?  I like oregano, but that was an overpowering amount!! 

I did actually enjoy seeing the scene of Dina, Teresa and Melissa in the snow - I thought it was funny to watch them (and, reminded me of me a lot of time this winter, too!!!) 

I have to say, I do like Rino - he's definitely rough around the edges, but he does say things exactly as he feels, and it's refreshing.  I loved how he shut Teresa (his wife) down with her commments about "What was she wearing to court", and brought her to realize the actual bigger picture of what is going on.  I have to say that I find Rino and Teresa kind of funny together (and, yes - I am completely envious of her abs....God bless her!!).  I also like that when we see either of the twins in "every day" experience-type filming, neither one is wearing over the top "ready for their close-up, Mr. DeMille" makeup and false eyelashes. (And, I am still pretty much on the non-believing side of the whole Rino/Santa thing...)

It cannot be repeated enough that Jim Marchese is the biggest douchebag ever to appear on reality TV!!!  Ummmm....he LOVES his talking head segments - and yeah, idiot - in case you missed that camera guy and sound guy in the room with you and Bobby - YOU were the one who first put it out there about not wanting to be in the same room with Joe Giudice - don't blame Bobby for that!  Jim Marchese...such a big guy - "If I spilled half of what I know about Bobby...." - well, gee - nothing like trying to get the public to go on your Twitter account to ask what you know! 

Since I'm trying to avoid getting into the Giudice situation frustration, I tend to look for other, funny things to snark on! 

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 1

Or maybe Andy and TPTB misread the audience and figured since so many were on Tre's side during the Tre vs Everyone Else storyline, so many were pissed the way the last few seasons played out with Tre being ganged up on, that in order to garner higher ratings they would now give Tre the sympathy edit.

Maybe. I've thought of this re: Brandi. She started out popular, but then turned so vile and hated, to which the producers seem to have a deaf ear. So I thought - do they disregard the negative (cuz every HW has their detractors), and go by popularity indexes like NYT best sellers ? Same with Teresa - does her popularity with her books, all the food and hair companies, appearances, etc... override everything else? I know she's the star of the show, but events have taken a sharp left turn, and Bravo seems not to have noticed.

I'm sorry.  Point taken.  My apologies. 

Lol. Me & my gays thought your comment was funny...we got it was humor... not to mention if I was offended by things, I sure as shit wouldn't be on here :)

So sick of the whole Teresa deal...Since the beginning, she knew what they had done yet signed a contract to be on tv, flashing cash & their fake lifestyle...now she wants sympathy & is praying AFTER committing fraud for a fake life. Ya, um no. 

Edited by BostonBlonde
  • Love 6