Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E08: Guilt Trip

• Start Topic

First Look = Amber is a Drama Queen, capital D, capital Q. To the point where you just have to laugh at her, like Gia did. And sadly, in light of yet another sentencing delay announced today, we're probably going to be subjected to more and more of these kinds of scenes. I feel like I'm going to turn gray waiting for someone to talk about the crimes.

• Love 2

First Look = Amber is a Drama Queen, capital D, capital Q. To the point where you just have to laugh at her, like Gia did. And sadly, in light of yet another sentencing delay announced today, we're probably going to be subjected to more and more of these kinds of scenes. I feel like I'm going to turn gray waiting for someone to talk about the crimes.

I agree that Amber is a drama queen but I found something so wrong with Gia's reaction of laughing at her so wrong.  But then Gia was crying after Melissa called.  This show is so 'f' uped this season. 

Teresa continues on the pity tour and we have endure the continued focus on Gia.  The show has gone down the tubes. 

• Love 3

I agree that Amber is a drama queen but I found something so wrong with Gia's reaction of laughing at her so wrong.

I'm afraid I was laughing at her, too. It was ridiculous. She was downright sobbing, with mascara running down her face, over a false story on Radar Online, for a "friend" she's known for 5 minutes. It was a dramatic show for the cameras. Even Teresa was like: "huh? What's wrong? Are you crying?" Edited by LotusFlower
  • Love 13

I'm afraid I was laughing at her, too. It was ridiculous. She was downright sobbing, with mascara running down her face, over a false story on Radar Online, for a "friend" she's known for 5 minutes. It was a dramatic show for the cameras. Even Teresa was like: "huh? What's wrong? Are you crying?"

I was too. I thought the whole thing was over the top.  And then of course, we were subjected to Jim's "explanation".

• Love 3

When Theresa Giudice thinks you're overly dramatic and ridiculous, you are so far above and beyond normal behavior that you should simply be locked away with your chinless douchebag of a husband.  Okay?  Hey, did you know, Amber had the cancer!

• Love 10

Why the fuck is Melissa wearing a beret indoors? I don't understand these Jersey women and their hat obsession.

Amber needs a better acting coach. Her crying was way over the top.

Looks like Jax will make her return next week. I can't wait...

• Love 4

Wow. Wow wow wow. Amber, girl, stop. You are the definition of "doing too much". You can prove yourself to be a good friend to someone without doing all that. That is what she's doing, right? Or maybe it's just a shameless ploy for camera time. Either way it's turrible and she should stop, posthaste.

Well, she did state that she's an actress, so... ;)

• Love 2

I appreciated Gia's reaction to Amber's weeping.  I also appreciated that one twin in the end recognizing that indictments don't usually just happen to people (usually), when she said in an interview that this was all because of a wrong choice.

When the lawyer gave Teresa's statement and mentioned the four young children it just made me feel like Joe/Teresa want us to have more consideration and compassion for their kids than they did.  I mean, the thought of those four young children didn't seem to stop their "mistakes."  If they didn't care then...why should I believe they care now?  Or why should we care now and express that as less jail time, or non-concurrent sentences?  

I feel for the kids.  I think they should have been kept off TV for this part of their lives.  But, I feel like the kids are convenient tools being used as a get out of jail free card, and that's irritating, imho.

What I really took away from tonight's episode was Bravo's admission that the new cast doesn't work.  Why did Kathy/Rosie randomly chime in at the end?  And Jacqueline is returning?  I'm curious...but if we're talking about pulling from history I'm more curious to watch Danielle's reaction to all of this.   

• Love 9

The twin all concerned about what Teresa and Joe were wearing.  At least Rino shut her down and said, 'Shut up stupid, this is serious shit and they could go to jail, who gives a crap what they were wearing.  When you talk to them, don't be so f-ing shallow.  BTW that's why I f'd your mother."

Best post yet. Maybe the best post ever.

• Love 11

That's not right. Everyone has the right to pray. I find your statement offensive.

I don't think I've said anywhere about Teresa's, or anyone's right to pray. What I find offensive is her public prayer for deliverance for something she and her husband caused and having not an ounce of remorse. Opinions vary on offensiveness, of course.

• Love 24

For the first time since she's been on, I actually saw the resemblance between Melissa and Antonia. Of course, Melissa had zero makeup on because she was "working out," but still, I never saw the resemblance before tonight.

Speaking of mugs, Twin Teresa's face looked *different* at Dina's house for the charity meeting.

Amber can call Original Recipe Teresa and sob and wail over Teresa's private affairs, but then she waits until Dina's to pull her aside and wring her hands over whether or not to say something about Rino and Santa. Why not bring up the Vic Gotti rumor on the phone before?

Speaking of penises (TM Terry Dubrow), Jim is really going to take it there in next week's episode, eh? Oh, hell, why am I acting surprised. I'll be here for it. And while he's at it, why not blow up Baaah-beee's spot too, so Nicole can STFU.

• Love 3

Finally someone on this show uses the words "guilty" and "fraud" (the US Attorney's blink-and-you'll-miss-it 5 second snippet). But of course it was drowned out by the entire cast acting like the Giudices are victims going through a hellish time, Dina and everyone else saying that they don't ask questions, don't care, and supporting Teresa is all that matters, all played out with sad piano music in the background. And of course the four girls. Don't forget the girls! Bravo's sympathies and intentions are clear: crimes? What crimes? circling the wagon around Bravolebrities is paramount.

• Love 4

I love how they all talk about the Juicy trial and all claim that they really don't know what the charges are all about and what is being reported in the news. Such BS. 

The twins were looking really rough at Dina's house. Speaking of Dina's house, WTF is up with all her statues and other stuff of "eastern religions". It looks like a combo Pier One and a flea market. 

Oh, jeez Jaq and Kathy are back. I didn't understand why at the end of the show the promo was not for the next show, it was a promo that they run after the first show of a season showing highlights to come for the entire season. Aren't we like 5 or 6 episodes in? 

The only person I feel for is Gia. 

• Love 6

Okay...it's still fairly early in the season, but I kinda like Rino.  The whole giving Victoria Gotti a Rolex thing was weird, yes, but there is something I like about his personality.  His sleeping with his mother-in-law is sick, but...who knows how these things happen?  In any case, Theresa seems to have gotten past it.  I think the person that plays the slightly more unforgivable role in that is Santa.   I mean, who does that shit to her own daughter?  I'm imagining Rino and Santa getting it on to Dean Martin's "That's Amore!"

• Love 2

I didn't understand why at the end of the show the promo was not for the next show, it was a promo that they run after the first show of a season showing highlights to come for the entire season. Aren't we like 5 or 6 episodes in? 

Maybe because the ratings are down, they want to show as much juicy drama as they can to draw in viewers (or not lose the ones they have).

What I find offensive is her public prayer for deliverance for something she and her husband caused and having not an ounce of remorse.

lol like when Imelda Marcos was found not guilty of bilking billions of dollars from the United States for her personal use - she walked on her knees down the aisle at St. Patrick's Church - on camera of course. LOL

Did Teresa say " 'til depths do us part" or was is it "till debts do us part"

Tired of hearing about "our four young daughters" - why should we care when they didn't?

• Love 4

Well, that was a shitfest if ever I saw one...highlights: Tre's girlfriend is having a vasectomy. And OMG, Jacqueline's face ha had more work done than the late Miss Rivers.  And it's so nice of her to trot out her young son as part of her storyline. like he has a say in it.  And am I supposed to feel sorry for Chris' current financial situation?

How sensitive of Amber to worry about the twins' feelings--so she had to take Tre out of the group to talk about it soto voce while the rest of them watched and tore her apart, and she didn't think they might be, I don't know CURIOUS about what was so important it couldn't wait?

Not liking Rino or Bobby at all, they are way too involved in the ladies business. {Jim didn't bother me this episode}.

I've decided Rosie is the new Gregg Bennett.

• Love 3

Amber can call Original Recipe Teresa and sob and wail over Teresa's private affairs, but then she waits until Dina's to pull her aside and wring her hands over whether or not to say something about Rino and Santa. Why not bring up the Vic Gotti rumor on the phone before?

I'm glad Tre shut her down with the "I have other things going on now..." response to Amber wanting to dish the dirt on Santa and Rino at Dina's house. I would not have been that polite. I would have been more like "Bitch, are you kidding me with this? I may be going to JAIL, my kids may have no parents, I'm going to lose everything my husband I and worked so hard to steal, and you want to gossip about trivial shit that happened years ago???" Amber is such a phony trying to play up that she learned her lesson with gossiping about one of the twins to Melissa and will now take the high road and shut it when it comes to the Rino gossip. She's just going to let Little Jim do the dirty work for her.

As a poster above stated what is up with the indoor hats and these women? I noticed Tre and Mel doing this the last few seasons. Also, why was Teresa the Twin wearing a sleeveless dress at Dina's when it was freezing outside? She wasn't going out for a night on the town, she was meeting a group of women for an afternoon meeting. As pointed out above, she did look different in the face.

Tired of hearing about "our four young daughters" - why should we care when they didn't?

IMO, we should care because four innocent children will now suffer because of the greed and stupidity of their parents. They are victims not of their own making.

Edited by happykitteh
  • Love 3

IMO, we should care because four innocent children will now suffer because of the greed and stupidity of their parents. They are victims not of their own making.

Their parents are their role models, who, by their actions, have taught them values like cheating, stealing, materialism, and fame, etc... If they have to move into a smaller home and learn to do without the latest iPhone, I think it'll be good for them. Whatever the sentence is - IF Teresa and Joe ever get sentenced - I hope the girls learn a lesson about crime and punishment. That will be good for them.

If they're victims at all, they're victims of being born to Teresa and Joe. Gia, especially, because she's old enough to comprehend what's going on, and probably gets grief at school. I feel for her. But they're going to be ok in the long run. Especially if they have any adults in their life - maybe a teacher, or clergy, who teach them right from wrong.

• Love 2

There's nothing wrong with praying.  The problem I have with Teresa praying is IMO the disrespect she has for prayer.  If you want spiritual help, the first thing you do is live your life the way prayers and scripture guide you.  When you continue to live in a stolen materialistic life, you have no right to be respected for praying.  Take responsibility for your actions and your lifestyle.  Ok.  I'll get off my soapbox now.

And I guess I'm in the minority but I'm looking foward to seeing Jac back.  I'd also rather see a dinner at Kathy's mom's house than Amber's and the twins.  The story her mom told last year at one of their dinner's about her childhood was heartbreaking.  But it was 'real' and so much more compelling than most of what we've seen this season.

Twin Teresa did look different this episode.  Looked like no fake eyelashes and little, if any make up.  A little more real for a change.  The comments she made in her kitchen to her husband were, well, I can just shake my head.  But it didn't upset me because I just can't stand the other Teresa. 

And Jim, you're no victime either.  You flimed scenes and talking heads.  You just weren't 'portrayed' the way you wanted or thought you would be.  You're just as much a famewhore as your wife.  You got reality checked.

• Love 1

Wait, wait, wait. Everyone on this forum is pretty much acting like Rino slept with Santa but we actually don't know for sure. Wouldn't it be wise to say "allegedly"? Let's not condemn them already, people. We have no idea if it's true at all.

Edited by outtosee
  • Love 5

Wait, wait, wait. Everyone on this forum is pretty much acting like Rino slept with Santa but we actually don't know for sure. Wouldn't it be wise to say "allegedly"? Let's not condemn them already, people. We have no idea if it's true at all.

I would just not like to think about it ever.  I am thinking there is no way either of the accused will ever admit to the allegations.

I'm glad Tre shut her down with the "I have other things going on now..." response to Amber wanting to dish the dirt on Santa and Rino at Dina's house. I would not have been that polite. I would have been more like "Bitch, are you kidding me with this? I may be going to JAIL, my kids may have no parents, I'm going to lose everything my husband I and worked so hard to steal, and you want to gossip about trivial shit that happened years ago???" Amber is such a phony trying to play up that she learned her lesson with gossiping about one of the twins to Melissa and will now take the high road and shut it when it comes to the Rino gossip. She's just going to let Little Jim do the dirty work for her.

As a poster above stated what is up with the indoor hats and these women? I noticed Tre and Mel doing this the last few seasons. Also, why was Teresa the Twin wearing a sleeveless dress at Dina's when it was freezing outside? She wasn't going out for a night on the town, she was meeting a group of women for an afternoon meeting. As pointed out above, she did look different in the face.

It would have been better if Teresa would have stopped the gossip before it began at Gotti's.  How many more times is she going to be caught on camera listening to incredulous gossip about her fellow cast members?  At least this time it isn't a family member.

I care the same for Teresa's children as she feels for her niece and nephews when she gossips about their parents.  They are children, who by now must realize all the glitz and glamor in their life was a result of ill-gotten gain.  If that message hasn't been delivered to them by their parents by now there is no hope for any lesson to be learned by the children.  For that I would feel bad.

• Love 2

Their parents are their role models, who, by their actions, have taught them values like cheating, stealing, materialism, and fame, etc... If they have to move into a smaller home and learn to do without the latest iPhone, I think it'll be good for them. Whatever the sentence is - IF Teresa and Joe ever get sentenced - I hope the girls learn a lesson about crime and punishment. That will be good for them.

If they're victims at all, they're victims of being born to Teresa and Joe. Gia, especially, because she's old enough to comprehend what's going on, and probably gets grief at school. I feel for her. But they're going to be ok in the long run. Especially if they have any adults in their life - maybe a teacher, or clergy, who teach them right from wrong.

The Guidice kids have grown up in a materialistic environmment but we don't know if they, the kids, embrace cheating and stealing. They had no idea their parents got their money through illegal acts. Gia now knows what's going on but I don' think she thinks "Hey cheating and staealing is the way to go!" She just wants her security back, the security of knowing her parents will be there. IMO, they are victims, not only victims of being born to parents who have no common sense, but victims because through no fault of their own they may not have their parent (who they love dearly even if they are crooks) with them for the next few years and because they may have to change schools and lose their friends at a very stressful time in order to live with relatives. I'm sure those girls would give up every material posession they have to keep their parents with them. To me it's too early to know if they are "materialistic". They are kids who live the life their parents give them, not a life of their own choosing. For all we know they may grow up to be hippies who shun material weath and possessions or nuns who take a vow of poverty. I will not wish ill upon young innocents just because their parents suck, my humanity and basic compassion for others will not allow it.  My heart breaks for those girls and I do care about what happens to them just as I would any other child

I care the same for Teresa's children as she feels for her niece and nephews when she gossips about their parents.

See above. Just because the parents suck don't hate on the kids. Myself, I don't use Teresa's behavior to guide my feelings towards others, especially children.

t would have been better if Teresa would have stopped the gossip before it began at Gotti's.  How many more times is she going to be caught on camera listening to incredulous gossip about her fellow cast members?  At least this time it isn't a family member.

How could she stop it before it began if it hadn't begun, lol? I think she did shut it down when she told Amber she had her own shit to deal with. I do think she shut it down for personal reasons, because she couldn't be bothered with such trivial bs when she and Joe were facing court, not because she tries to avoid gossip, but she shut it down all the same.

• Love 8

This is the worst season ever. Every other damn scene is someone being like "oh no, Teresa must deal with such tragedy. It is so sad that this horrible event is happening to her." Like if someone didn't know what had happened, they'd think that some totally random, horrible bad thing happened to Teresa and Joe through no fault of their own. It is ridiculous and offensive. They knowingly and admittedly committed fraud. Please STFU with this season long woe is me pity party.

And now we are going to get Jackie and Chris back to not only add to the Teresa pity party, but as an example of another "innocent" who decided to not pay their bills and misappropriate loans? Just no.

Even if I drank the koolaid, I don't watch trashy reality tv to feel down. I want to be entertained and I want to laugh. This year isn't cutting it for me.

Also, Amber's makeup in a number of her talking heads is way too much. One is the one with the eyelashes and another with the white eyeliner. Ick.

Edited by Brooke0707
  • Love 7

The Guidice kids have grown up in a materialistic environmment but we don't know if they, the kids, embrace cheating and stealing. They had no idea their parents got their money through illegal acts. Gia now knows what's going on but I don' think she thinks "Hey cheating and staealing is the way to go!" She just wants her security back, the security of knowing her parents will be there. IMO, they are victims, not only victims of being born to parents who have no common sense, but victims because through no fault of their own they may not have their parent (who they love dearly even if they are crooks) with them for the next few years and because they may have to change schools and lose their friends at a very stressful time in order to live with relatives. I'm sure those girls would give up every material posession they have to keep their parents with them. To me it's too early to know if they are "materialistic". They are kids who live the life their parents give them, not a life of their own choosing. For all we know they may grow up to be hippies who shun material weath and possessions or nuns who take a vow of poverty. I will not wish ill upon young innocents just because their parents suck, my humanity and basic compassion for others will not allow it.  My heart breaks for those girls and I do care about what happens to them just as I would any other child.

Don't get me wrong - I don't wish the girls any Ill will. And I know they see their parents as mom and dad , not inmate #1234 and inmate #2345 like I do. I just feel they're being raised with bad morals with Joe and Teresa as their parents. They will definitely suffer because of their parents' crimes and stupidity, esp. if both parents are sent to jail. If, on the other side of this, they come out of this knowing the difference btwn. right and wrong, that would be a positive. But that's a big if. I feel for them, but my greater heartbreak is reserved for the kids of all the hard-working victims that Joe and Teresa defrauded. They're not famous or on tv, so we don't know them, but they probably suffered through a lot of hard times and went without, so that Teresa could live in a mega mansion and wear furs, and the kids could have the latest in iPhones. That's how I feel about it. And how do I know all this? Teresa and Joe made the decision to not only steal and defraud, but also to flaunt their fake wealth for all to see, with kids in full view. Yet another great parenting decision by those two. So maybe switching schools and getting off this show and out of the limelight will be good for them.

• Love 4

Like most posters here, I'm sick of this entire season being a HUGE pity party for the Guidices. And now Bravo is bringing in more support for them? Enough already!

As for the 'four young girls'...they will be fine whether both parents "go away" together or separately. I'm sure Tre's brother would be happy to care for the girls. With such a large family, I don't see the girls being ignored. Perhaps they might even be better off for a while...maybe even some discipline for the little ones.

• Love 4

Whatever the sentence is - IF Teresa and Joe ever get sentenced

They sure as hell didn't drag their feet with Apollo Nida the way they are with the Giudices.  Wtf is up with that?! 

There's nothing wrong with praying.  The problem I have with Teresa praying is IMO the disrespect she has for prayer.  If you want spiritual help, the first thing you do is live your life the way prayers and scripture guide you.  When you continue to live in a stolen materialistic life, you have no right to be respected for praying.  Take responsibility for your actions and your lifestyle.  Ok.  I'll get off my soapbox now.

God forgives all sin.  Jesus died so it would be so.  It doesn' t matter who you are or what you did.  And he knows if you're sincere.  It's not for us to judge.  That's my belief.

Edited by swankie
  • Love 4

I do feel bad for the kids involved, but what bothers me about Teresa constantly bringing them up and featuring Gia's pain on TV is that she is not doing it to say how terrible she feels for bringing all of this stress and uncertainty into their daughters' lives, she is doing it as a reason why she and Joe should not be punished for their crimes.  Crimes for which they admitted guilt.  Everything on this show now is damage control, to make anyone with power over their future who might be watching, like maybe the judge, think, "Aw, man...I was really gonna stick it to those Guidices, but they've got these kids, and they seem to really, really NOT want to go to jail, so I guess I'll just go with probation."  Everyone but Teresa knows the judge isn't watching, but even the other people on the show are going along with the redemption arc, like when Dina says stuff like, "We want to take you to Florida, Teresa, our treat!" and "Teresa doesn't care about having material things, all she cares about is her family", it's just part of playing their roles in the "Let's Try To Make Teresa Look Like A Better Person, Especially One Who No Longer Wastes Money" show.

Edited by Irritable
  • Love 5

Tre:  "Our father, who art in heaven.....give us jelly bread"   STFU.  At LEAST get your prayer right.  She was obviously rolling on the floor in her pj's thinking about breakfast or mystery meat.

WTH is up with Jackie's face?  Her cheeks took up 3/4 of her face! 

Edited by Lablover27

When Teresa was shown praying, I thought the camera angle said a lot about how the editors feel about her grand show of contrition.  When do they ever do a shot from the floor up to encompass the entire room someone is in, including the fancy ceilings, in order to show the enormity and opulence of the room?  She was praying in hopes to show that she is but a simple, religious woman looking for help from God, and while I know that you can pray anywhere because God hears all things, it just doesn't look as good when she is laid out on a $10,000 rug in a room bigger than many peoples' houses, asking to be protected from justice for crimes she committed to get money.

• Love 9

I do feel bad for the kids involved, but what bothers me about Teresa constantly bringing them up and featuring Gia's pain on TV is that she is not doing it to say how terrible she feels for bringing all of this stress and uncertainty into their daughters' lives, she is doing it as a reason why she and Joe should not be punished for their crimes.  Crimes for which they admitted guilt.  Everything on this show now is damage control, to make anyone with power over their future who might be watching, like maybe the judge, think, "Aw, man...I was really gonna stick it to those Guidices, but they've got these kids, and they seem to really, really NOT want to go to jail, so I guess I'll just go with probation."  Everyone but Teresa knows the judge isn't watching, but even the other people on the show are going along with the redemption arc, like when Dina says stuff like, "We want to take you to Florida, Teresa, our treat!" and "Teresa doesn't care about having material things, all she cares about is her family", it's just part of playing their roles in the "Let's Try To Make Teresa Look Like A Better Person, Especially One Who No Longer Wastes Money" show.

Such good points, especially about the redemption arc. I used to give Bravo a break on this, because you're innocent until proven guilty, but now that Teresa and Joe pled guilty, what is their excuse for showcasing this Teresa-as-victim storyline, and asking everyone in the cast to participate. And as if that wasn't enough, they even brought back the old cast to chime in. And statements from her lawyer stressing Teresa's noble act of accepting responsibility for some "mistakes" from "years ago." All with sad piano music playing in the background. I don't get it. Did the producers really think that presenting the story this way would boost ratings? Did they think that most viewers view Teresa with sympathy? Or do they themselves (the producers) really care for her, so they're cutting the show with their own bias? Again, I don't get it, and I'm glad I'm not the only one who's offended.

• Love 3

On WWHL Miss Andy said Dina and Ambuh's dwarf husband are in a twitter war.  Anyone with twitter want to post some tweets? 

Lab's doggy is home after a snake bite.  I've set my alarm for every two hours to check on him.  Every two hours I'm going to bitch about something.

Dina is b.o.r.i.n.g.    And Konoli Kathy is b.o.r.i.n.g.   Bring on some twitter wars!  {This gives me 6 hours}

• Love 6